Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

DC10GUY
Topic Author

Conservatism At Its Best

Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:33 pm

I think this is a good example of what the conservatives want America to be like . http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/anderson.cooper.360/blog/ Thank God for the ACLU . Wow!
Next time try the old "dirty Sanchez" She'll love it !!!

TedTAce

RE: Conservatism At Its Best

Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:44 pm

"oh we want people to be free and un restricted in an ownership society"*

*Unless they are gay, 'abnormal in anyway', and looking for an abortion...  Yeah sure
This space intentionally left blank

Superfly

Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:48 pm

Holy $h!t, that is terrible!
I can't believe this town would pry that hard in to someone's personal lives.
Social conservatives are a sick bunch of people.
Bring back the Concorde

A346Dude

Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:53 pm

A question: why would anyone want to live in a place where most people do not share the same basic values they do? Do Shelltrack and Loving think that once they get their permit, they will get along just fine with the town and its citizens?

My solution? Don't move to Black Jack if you want to have kids without being married.

[Edited 2006-04-26 08:54:10]
You know the gear is up and locked when it takes full throttle to taxi to the terminal.

DC10GUY
Topic Author

Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:57 pm

Focus on the family ? Looks like they got one chance and they blew it. They don't fit in so where do they go now? I think the righties should build camps for these kind of people, a place where they go and learn about the evil of their ways.

N1120A

Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:59 pm

Quoting A346Dude (Reply 3):
My solution? Don't move to Black Jack if you want to have kids without being married.

What are you talking about? In this country, we have complete freedom of movement. If an American wants to live in San Francisco, CA one month and then move to Black Jack, MO, they can. Also, if Lawrence v. Texas, Griswold v. Connecticut, Brown v. Board and Roe v. Wade tell us anything, it is that the state has no right to tell you how to live, where to live or what to look like if you aren't hurting anyone else. This is EXACTLY the same thing as telling a family they can't live in a town because they are Black, Middle Eastern, East Asian, Latino, whatever. Black Jack, MO is not excluded from that.
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

DC10GUY
Topic Author

Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:04 pm

A346dude, I can see the neighborhood Nazi's telling people to mow the lawn & paint the house, but they should never tell anyone how to live. But, lots of people here think its OK to tell other people how to live, and most of them people vote republican. And they are serious about it.

NeilYYZ

Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:05 pm

It is laughable that you think all Conservatives are like this mayor. I'm conservative, but I don't think that all Liberals are tree hugging hippies, sure there are some, but surely not all, and nor are all Conservatives bible hugging traditionalists. And social conservatives are not a sick bunch of people, some are, most aren't. Just like there are some sick Liberals out there. You can't take one case and then extrapolate that to a whole group of people, grade 8 stats should tell you that.
It may be too early to drink scotch... But it is NEVER too early to think about it...

Superfly

Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:11 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 5):
If an American wants to live in San Francisco, CA one month and then move to Black Jack, MO, they can.

Ha ha, once you live here you'd never want to live in a place like Black Jack, MO!

Quoting NeilYYZ (Reply 7):
I'm conservative, but......

True, but you aren't one of those nutty social conservatives. Here in the United States, you'd fall in to the Libertarian catagory judging by your post
These restrictive Homeowners Associations are the farthest thing from freedom.
Bring back the Concorde

N1120A

Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:12 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 8):
Ha ha, once you live here you'd never want to live in a place like Black Jack, MO!

I agree, but you can probably buy 3 5 bedroom houses in BJ, MO for the price of a 1 bedroom condo in SFO  Silly

DC10GUY
Topic Author

Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:14 pm

NeilYYZ, Oh yes I can. You don't agree with them but I'd bet you would vote for them . Republicans are well organized. They use social issues to further their cause of suppressing the working class.

Superfly

Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:15 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 9):
you can probably buy 3 5 bedroom houses in BJ, MO for the price of a 1 bedroom condo in SFO

True, but the problem is that it's in BJ, MO!
The three most important things in real estate is location, location and location.  Smile
Bring back the Concorde

N1120A

Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:16 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 11):
True, but the problem is that it's in BJ, MO!
The three most important things in real estate is location, location and location.

You forgot the fourth. Location.

TedTAce

Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:16 pm

Quoting A346Dude (Reply 3):
they will get along just fine with the town and its citizens?

Who cares? I dunno why you don't think that other then interacting with the school why do they 'have' to be a part of the community other then paying taxes?
This space intentionally left blank

Superfly

Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:17 pm

I woun'd be suprised if BJ,Mo banned political signs of Democratic candidates.
Bring back the Concorde

A346Dude

Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:19 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 5):
What are you talking about? In this country, we have complete freedom of movement.

Yes, we do too!

Quoting DC10GUY (Reply 6):
A346dude, I can see the neighborhood Nazi's telling people to mow the lawn & paint the house, but they should never tell anyone how to live.

I agree, and I can assure you that I think this law is stupid.

My point, however, was that the laws of Black Jack reflect the attitude and beliefs of its citizens, as do all laws. I did not say that this couple should not be allowed to live in Black Jack; I merely suggested that perhaps they should not want to, given the further conflicts of values that will inevitably crop up should they choose to stay.
You know the gear is up and locked when it takes full throttle to taxi to the terminal.

N1120A

Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:21 pm

Quoting A346Dude (Reply 15):
My point, however, was that the laws of Black Jack reflect the attitude and beliefs of its citizens, as do all laws. I did not say that this couple should not be allowed to live in Black Jack; I merely suggested that perhaps they should not want to, given the further conflicts of values that will inevitably crop up should they choose to stay.

Who cares? They can deal with it if they want to. Additionally, the other people in the community have no right to spark up conflict with this family.

NeilYYZ

Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:33 pm

Quoting DC10GUY (Reply 10):
NeilYYZ, Oh yes I can. You don't agree with them but I'd bet you would vote for them . Republicans are well organized. They use social issues to further their cause of suppressing the working class.

I would vote for the Republicans, as I vote for the Conservatives in Canada because for the most part I am ideologically much closer to them than I am to the Democrats and Liberals. That does not mean that we are all the same, everyone has to vote with the party that is closest to them ideologically, there is no party that represents one persons values to a tee. To assume that I am Republican/Conservative and would therefore kick a family out of an area because they had children out of wedlock is ridiculous. I may not agree with having children out of wedlock, but that does not mean that I can't be friends with people that do, or accept those people as they are.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 8):
True, but you aren't one of those nutty social conservatives. Here in the United States, you'd fall in to the Libertarian catagory judging by your post
These restrictive Homeowners Associations are the farthest thing from freedom.

Of course there are some nutty social conservatives. And there are some nutty social democrats, however, in the states I would still vote Republican, I agree with more of their policies than I do the Democrats. That still dosen't mean that I can't disagree with some things that conservatives do, and this would be an example of one of those disagreements.
It may be too early to drink scotch... But it is NEVER too early to think about it...

A346Dude

Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:40 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 16):
Who cares? They can deal with it if they want to.

I do, and I would think most people do.

Let's say I find the Canadian seal hunt to be abhorent and unneccessarily cruel. Should I move to a town in northern Quebec where clubbing seals is widely accepted, indeed where everyone's livelihood depends on the hunt? Legally, I could, but it probably wouldn't be the wisest decision. Same thing here, albeit on a less-extreme scale, IMHO.

N1120A

Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:49 pm

Quoting NeilYYZ (Reply 17):
I would vote for the Republicans, as I vote for the Conservatives in Canada because for the most part I am ideologically much closer to them than I am to the Democrats and Liberals.

My girlfriend is a Conservative in Canada, but would most definately not vote Republican in the States. The ideology of the Conservative Party of Canada is much closer to that of the Democrats in the US than it is the Republicans, unless you are in Alberta.

NeilYYZ

Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:51 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 19):
My girlfriend is a Conservative in Canada, but would most definately not vote Republican in the States. The ideology of the Conservative Party of Canada is much closer to that of the Democrats in the US than it is the Republicans, unless you are in Alberta.

I'm not from Alberta, but I've expressed my views in here before and been told to move to Kansas. Who knows, I just might, I like the warmer weather anyways, and apparently I'm not welcome in Canada.

N1120A

Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:57 pm

Quoting NeilYYZ (Reply 20):
been told to move to Kansas. Who knows, I just might, I like the warmer weather anyways

If you like warmer weather, don't move to Kansas. That place is as cold, if not colder than Toronto in the winter. The only place I have ever been in the winter that rivaled Kansas for sheer cold is Ottawa, and Ottawa isn't windy on top of it.

NeilYYZ

Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:01 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 21):

If you like warmer weather, don't move to Kansas. That place is as cold, if not colder than Toronto in the winter. The only place I have ever been in the winter that rivaled Kansas for sheer cold is Ottawa, and Ottawa isn't windy on top of it.

Really, that sucks. Well I have family in Texas, that's a much nicer climate, and maybe I could wear a Bush/Cheney ballcap that I have down there without being beat up  Wink

Superfly

Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:10 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 19):
My girlfriend is a Conservative in Canada, but would most definately not vote Republican in the States. The ideology of the Conservative Party of Canada is much closer to that of the Democrats in the US than it is the Republicans,

I have a few friends up in Canada (BC, ONT and PQ) and they are all conservative, yet more liberal than me. Imagine that. Also, they loved Bill Clinton and they hate Bush & Co.

Quoting NeilYYZ (Reply 22):
maybe I could wear a Bush/Cheney ballcap that I have down there without being beat up

Why would you want to wear a ballcap with ath @$$hole's name on it?
Bring back the Concorde

NeilYYZ

Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:20 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 23):
Why would you want to wear a ballcap with ath @$$hole's name on it?

Because I don't think he's an @$$hole, I happen to like Bush, yes that's right, a Canadian likes Bush, wow, pigs must now be flying! And also, it's a statement that I make up here in the great white north, that people are too concerned with hating Americans and American politics that a lot of us don't pay nearly enough attention to our own country. In Canada it's en vogue to bash Americans, and somehow by proxy they feel like they are better Canadians, it's an amazing phenomenon.

Superfly

Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:27 pm

Quoting NeilYYZ (Reply 24):
In Canada it's en vogue to bash Americans, and somehow by proxy they feel like they are better Canadians, it's an amazing phenomenon.

I usually join in on the "bashing" after a few Molsens Hemp Ale (not sold in the USA)  Sad
Keep in mind, I was appointed Honorary Canadian by Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson so I guess I am not the typical "Dumb American" most Canadians bash.  Silly
Bring back the Concorde

N1120A

Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:56 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 25):
I was appointed Honorary Canadian by Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson

They might make me an official one at some point.

NeilYYZ

Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:03 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 25):
Keep in mind, I was appointed Honorary Canadian by Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson so I guess I am not the typical "Dumb American" most Canadians bash.

I have never thought Americans were dumb, some of my family is American, but many people still like to believe that they are dumb. And as an honorary Canadian, can you help pay some of my taxes?

ilikeyyc

Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:07 pm

Holy Crap! You need a permit to occupy your own home? There is something very wrong with that. I can understand the need to certify the building for occupancy based on the structural integrity of the house and to limit the number of people in a building for fire code reasons. What if five college students wanted to rent the house? For any government to pry into people's lives and deny people to live in their own home based on who they are is just plain wrong. That rule is something this republican doesn't understand or agree with.
Fighting Absurdity with Absurdity!

Superfly

Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:23 pm

Quoting Ilikeyyc (Reply 28):
There is something very wrong with that.

I agree!

I can understand the need to certify the building for occupancy based on the structural integrity of the house and to limit the number of people in a building for fire code reasons.

Again, I agree.

What if five college students wanted to rent the house?

Five college students?
Just the idea will give the HOA President a heart attack!

That rule is something this republican doesn't understand or agree with.

Perhaps your days as a Republican is numbered.  Wink
These suburban planned communities are the most restictive areas within our borders.
Bring back the Concorde

N1120A

Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:28 pm

Quoting NeilYYZ (Reply 27):
And as an honorary Canadian, can you help pay some of my taxes?

Sure, but you have to give me national health care.

Superfly

Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:33 pm

Quoting NeilYYZ (Reply 27):
And as an honorary Canadian, can you help pay some of my taxes?

I make up for that by buying lots of RUSH and Gino Vannelli CDs and Canadian beer & Whiskey. Big grin
Deal?
I support CanCon! Big grin
Bring back the Concorde

NeilYYZ

Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:43 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 30):
Sure, but you have to give me national health care.

Sure, you can have my national health care. Any time I need an MRI or anything done on the knee that I ruined I get it done in the states, it's so much quicker. They wanted me to wait 8 months for an MRI, screw that, I went to Buffalo and paid for one. So in the interest of fairness, I'm a Canadian that uses American healthcare, so I guess as an American you can use my Canadian healthcare.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 31):
I make up for that by buying lots of RUSH and Gino Vannelli CDs and Canadian beer & Whiskey.
Deal?

No Tragically Hip? But RUSH is good enough I guess, and I live 2 mintues away from the Canadian Club factory, so I guess you're supporting the economy where I live.

ilikeyyc

Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:52 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 29):
Perhaps your days as a Republican is numbered.

Though I know you said it in jest, in all seriousness it is quite possible! However, I may remain registered as one just so I can vote in the primaries in an attempt to vote out the whackos before their campaign train gains momentum.

N1120A

Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:07 pm

Quoting NeilYYZ (Reply 32):
They wanted me to wait 8 months for an MRI, screw that

How baddly did you need it?

Superfly

Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:15 pm

Quoting NeilYYZ (Reply 32):
No Tragically Hip?

I've seen them several times here in SFO at small clubs for free!
All of my fellow RUSH fans love the band. I tried very hard but they just don't do anything for me.  no 

Quoting Ilikeyyc (Reply 33):
Though I know you said it in jest, in all seriousness it is quite possible! However, I may remain registered as one just so I can vote in the primaries in an attempt to vote out the whackos before their campaign train gains momentum.

Andrew, if there were more Republican leaders like yourself, I'd cross party lines and vote Republican. It's sad that the party of Lincoln is now the party of Dubya, Robertson and Rove.  Sad
Bring back the Concorde

NeilYYZ

Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:17 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 34):
How baddly did you need it?

At the time (about 4 years ago) I was pretty heavily into competitive swimming and competing all over N.A. and partially tore the ACL, and that meant that I couldn't compete or train for 8 months plus the recovery time after they would have diagnosed it. In the end, I got the MRI done in Buffalo within a week and decided to call it quits on swimming, I didn't think I could ever get back to where I was at the time.

That was perhaps a trivial example, so I'll give another one, my mothers good friend and a friend of the family, had a lump in her breast found during a routine physical. She found this out last June, she just had the MRI last week and that couldn't determine whether it was cancerous or not, so they scheduled a biopsy for this June. So all in all, it will be about a year, from the time that they found the lump, until the time that they can definitively diagnose it. If it turns out to be cancerous, which I pray to God it's not, one year seems to be a long time to find out! I know tons of people that run down to Buffalo if they need anything done medically, my cousin plays hockey in the OHL and is constantly going to Buffalo to get medical treatment immediately.

ilikeyyc

Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:42 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 35):
Andrew, if there were more Republican leaders like yourself, I'd cross party lines and vote Republican. It's sad that the party of Lincoln is now the party of Dubya, Robertson and Rove.

Thank you for the compliment. For that, I've put you on my RU list.

Every time I envision myself in a political position, I am reminded of a quote from Plato and then quickly dismiss that vision.

"Those who are too smart to enter into politics will be governed by those who are not."

And, for the record, in my recent thread (link below) I promised Confuscius that I would visit SFO again in August. Maybe this time I will get to see the sun?
Join Me For A Drink In YYC (by Ilikeyyc Apr 26 2006 in Non Aviation)

Superfly

Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:57 pm

Ilikeyyc:
I wish I'd could join you for a drink in Calgary. Can you take a raincheck?
I'll get the first round here in SFO in August. Confuscius will get round two.  Smile

Quoting Ilikeyyc (Reply 37):
"Those who are too smart to enter into politics will be governed by those who are not."

So true, so true.  Sad
Bring back the Concorde

halls120

Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:57 pm

Quoting A346Dude (Reply 18):
Let's say I find the Canadian seal hunt to be abhorent and unneccessarily cruel. Should I move to a town in northern Quebec where clubbing seals is widely accepted, indeed where everyone's livelihood depends on the hunt? Legally, I could, but it probably wouldn't be the wisest decision. Same thing here, albeit on a less-extreme scale, IMHO.

How dare you try to inject common sense into this discussion.

Personally, I think the Black Jack rules are wrong, and probably ought to be struck down. But I have a hard time getting exorcised about them. While they are more offensive than other CCR's, as you and others have pointed out, no one forces anybody to move to Black Jack. If the residents of Black Jack want to have a nice little Stepford community, be my guest. But I sure as hell wouldn't want to live there.

If people want to get upset about infringements on property rights, they should IMO devote energy towards forcing Congress to do something about the Supreme Court's Kelo decision.
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

N1120A

Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:59 am

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 39):
If people want to get upset about infringements on property rights, they should IMO devote energy towards forcing Congress to do something about the Supreme Court's Kelo decision.

Actually, that is a state level issue now, since the SC decided that the takings were Constitutional. Fortunately, most state governments have rushed to pass laws that severely weaken Kelo

MDorBust

Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:07 am

Quoting DC10GUY (Thread starter):
I think this is a good example of what the conservatives want America to be like .

Well, let's see... I'm often accused of being an extreme right wing, Bush butt licking, hardcore conservative, blah, blah, blah..

But I'm not married and live with my significant other.

hmmm... Guess pigeon holing doesn't work that well after all.
"I KICKED BURNING TERRORIST SO HARD IN BALLS THAT I TORE A TENDON" - Alex McIlveen

maury

Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:51 am

Who be Republicanistic, as Our Leader might say? Tom Tomorrow knows: http://www.workingforchange.com/comic.cfm?itemid=20667

It's a big tent, and you're not invited!

halls120

Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:49 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 40):
Actually, that is a state level issue now, since the SC decided that the takings were Constitutional. Fortunately, most state governments have rushed to pass laws that severely weaken Kelo

It's not just a state issue. Most large scale developments these days involve federal money. As I recall, there are companion bills in the House and Senate that if enacted would take away any federal funding from a project where Kelo-like eminent domain has taken place.
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

UALPHLCS

Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:40 am

Quoting DC10GUY (Thread starter):
I think this is a good example of what the conservatives want America to be like .

B.S.

Frankly, as a conservative I find that ordnance an overly intrusive infringement on personal liberty.

The reason people are conservative politically, is that they wish their governments to restrained by the Constitution. Unfortunately governments local and State and Federal can pass all kinds of laws that have to be challenged by someone. The Residents of Black Jack have just gotten away with it till now. Now someone has been able to challenge that ordnance, or at least the rigid interpretation of that ordnance.

My problem with liberals is that they tend to be so narrow minded all the while professing to be open minded. DC10GUY has fallen into the same old liberal trap. Painting ALL conservatives with the brush they would paint militant fundamentalists, white supremacists, and fascists.

Clearly if DC10GUY isn't a Maoist, then not all Conservatives are Fundamentalists.

Most Conservatives you'd meet on the streets are rational people, who believe in liberty, and less government intrusion into personal decision making. Who believe that the best way to guarantee those liberties is the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, and that loose "interpretation" of the Constitution leads to rights OR RESTRICTIONS that are not there.

Careful DC10GUY, you are in danger of becoming a liberal narrow minded bigot.
A little less Hooah, and a little more Dooah.

NeilYYZ

Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:05 am

Quoting UALPHLCS (Reply 44):
Most Conservatives you'd meet on the streets are rational people, who believe in liberty, and less government intrusion into personal decision making. Who believe that the best way to guarantee those liberties is the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, and that loose "interpretation" of the Constitution leads to rights OR RESTRICTIONS that are not there.

Careful DC10GUY, you are in danger of becoming a liberal narrow minded bigot.

checkmark 

Although it might be too late about the danger of becoming, I think it's already become. There is a partisan nature to politics that evokes tons of emotion. When Liberal minded people see one republican/conservative make one bone headed move it suddenly becomes something that all republican/conservatives support it seems! I can't understand how you can associate one persons actions to the beliefs of an entire group of diverse people. If I see a Chinese person extorting money from someone else, I don't immediatly assume that all Chinese people are extorting money, so just because one republican might make a judgement call that goes against what you believe, it does not follow that we (conservatives) would all make that same judgement call.

My problem with liberals is that they tend to be so narrow minded all the while professing to be open minded. DC10GUY has fallen into the same old liberal trap. Painting ALL conservatives with the brush they would paint militant fundamentalists, white supremacists, and fascists.

checkmark 

If democrats are supposedly the "open minded" party then how about being open to the idea that all conservatives and republicans are not the same. There are no secret meetings where we discuss social conservativsm and plot the course of action. The liberals seem to be open minded up until the point where they might have to consider that there are some good republicans/conservatives with good ideas, but once the word conservative or republican comes up it envokes this hatred and irrational response, calling us all kooks or crazy, there is no logical or rational discussion in most cases. We don't go around with white sheets on our heads burning crosses every night, or any night for that matter.

A332

Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:22 am

Quoting NeilYYZ (Reply 45):

Oh whatever you two... Conservatives/Republicans/right-wingers are just as bad when it comes to tarring the whole other side with the same brush.. you people love to loop every single 'liberal' together as a bunch of granola crunching, bleeding heart, Michael Moore lovin' hippies (among other key terms)... which is clearly not the way it is.

It takes two to tango I'm afraid... you don't get off that easily!  Wink
Bad spellers of the world... UNTIE!

Superfly

Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:47 am

Most Conservatives you'd meet on the streets are rational people, who believe in liberty, and less government intrusion into personal decision making.

Most conservatives I meet on the street are asking me for directions.  Smile
Bring back the Concorde

NeilYYZ

Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:58 am

Quoting A332 (Reply 46):
you people love to loop every single 'liberal' together as a bunch of granola crunching, bleeding heart, Michael Moore lovin' hippies (among other key terms)... which is clearly not the way it is.

You mean you aren't? Really? Holy crap!!!  Wink

I know you're not all like that, Michael Moore is useless as far as I'm concerned, and a lot of my Liberal friends aren't a fan of him either, he's the Liberal version of Ann Coulter, who is equally if not more useless. And I like granola bars, what's wrong with them... perhaps I'm a liberal in disguise  Wink

N1120A

Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:26 am

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 43):
It's not just a state issue. Most large scale developments these days involve federal money. As I recall, there are companion bills in the House and Senate that if enacted would take away any federal funding from a project where Kelo-like eminent domain has taken place.

That is actually a very good idea. The power of the purse is a very powerful thing and Kelo could easily become the new highway funds.