Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

EWS

RE: Say It In Your Language: Pax Announcement

Sun May 28, 2006 8:20 pm

Quoting Kazzie (Reply 49):
Thanks...

Oh come on cheer up, i meant to say cabin crew but by the time i went back to change it the editing time had run out.. and Your not employed by Ryainair are you?

Lew

andz

Sun May 28, 2006 8:20 pm

Quoting Essjay (Reply 45):
Nothing says "welcome home" quite like hearing the English language being butchered by fellow members of the Rainbow Nation at JNB International! Gotta love SA!

The only worse examples are the SAA on board announcements, I think they pick the crewmember with the most awful accent and let them do the announcements. Why they do this is beyond me, it is painfully embarrassing and they have perfectly good recorded announcements available on all the aircraft.
After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF...

B747-4U3

Sun May 28, 2006 8:25 pm

Para penumpang untuk___________, tujuan___________ dipersilakan masuk ke ruang keberangkatan di pintu nomor_________.

Para penumpang untuk___________, tujuan___________ dipersilakan naik ke pesawat udara di pintu nomor_________

zruda

Sun May 28, 2006 8:37 pm

this is a boarding annoucement in czech, as I use it often:

Dámy a pánové, váš let linky QS026 do Amsterdamu je pøipraven k nástupu. Prosím pøipravte si své palubní vstupenky a pasy, vypnìte mobilní telefony a dostavte se k východu C2. Dìkujeme za pozornost a jménem spoleènosti Smart wings pøejeme pøíjemný let. Nashledanou.

I could write one in russian too, but I think not many people here are able to read cyrlics  Smile
there is no coincidence

andz

Sun May 28, 2006 8:42 pm

Quoting Zruda (Reply 53):
not many people here are able to read cyrlics

I'm sure not many could read your Czech announcement either!  Smile

zruda

Sun May 28, 2006 8:51 pm

Quoting Andz (Reply 54):
I'm sure not many could read your Czech announcement either!

yeah, the hooks and commas above the letters can be really tricky .)
there is no coincidence

jap

Sun May 28, 2006 9:09 pm

Quoting AirPacific747 (Reply 36):
AirPacific747

"Dette er sidste udkald for passagerer der ønsker at rejse med SAS Scandinavian Airlines afgang SK909 til Newark- I bedes gå til gate 10 for hurtig ombordstigning da Deres fly allerede er fuldt boardet og venter på afgang."

and if these passengers won't comply:

"Dette er sidste udkald for passager Ivan Petersen, rejsende med SAS afgang SK909 til Newark- Deres fly er fuldt boardet og venter kun på Dem. Gå venligst til gate 10 hurtigst muligt, eller Deres bagage bliver taget af flyet. De bedes være iklædt sikkerhedsvest og medtage havlgevær for deres egen sikkerheds skyld. Passagerene på Deres fly er ikke helt venligtsindede mere."

or:

"LØB, FOR SATAN, DUMME SKID! LØB!!!"

[Edited 2006-05-28 14:10:05]
Scandinavian chick with a scandinavian horse- oh yeah! :D

British767

Sun May 28, 2006 9:48 pm

I hate the use the boarding call that ServisAir Globe Ground use when boarding Lufthansa flights at LHR i.e. ...

"Lufthansa Flugnummer L H feer sieven zwy dry Ausgangnummer dry bitte"

Makes me cringe every time (please note the typos were intended).

[Edited 2006-05-28 14:56:11]

Matt27

Sun May 28, 2006 10:10 pm

Quoting Jafa39 (Reply 26):
Er, Kia Ora Bro's, if yous still in da KFC, you better get out quick-smart eh? Air New Zealand Flight XXX to Samoa is ready to go and your Aunty is gonna be pissed if you miss da flight cuz.

rotf 

Quoting Jap (Reply 56):

rotf 

"Detta är ett sista utrop för passagerare som ska med flight SK 515 till London Heathrow. Vi ber er att gensat bege er till gate 18 för boarding. Skit i om man får en stor stark och en Jägermeister för 60 spänn i baren, det finns mer sprit på planet. Så vänligen masa hit era feta rövar annars drar vi utan er! Tack så mycket."

Big grin
Man ska inte dricka rödvin i en vit hall.

ME AVN FAN

Sun May 28, 2006 10:17 pm

In ZRH the announcements are in Standard-German, English, French and sometimes Italian, just as above. It may be rather different from the lady at the Check-in counter who might tell you "aes isch gait A-drizaeh -- si muend aber pressiaere, dae gait schluesst i zwoelf minuute"

BR715-A1-30

Sun May 28, 2006 10:24 pm

Quoting Speedbirdie (Reply 1):
Also, smoking is not prohoibited until in a designated smoking area.

If I read that right, you're saying smoking is allowed until you get to a designated smoking area.... then you must extinguish your smoke  Confused

Quoting CastleIsland (Reply 3):
That's what you say during final boarding?

You know those brits...  Wink
Puhdiddle

PureKiwi

Sun May 28, 2006 10:29 pm

Quoting JAGflyer (Reply 37):

More along the lines of: Welcome to Homer Simpson airways, there was suppose to be a complimentry service of Duff beer and donuts until I ate and drank them all for myself. The inflight TV program will be whatever I want to watch and in the likely event of an emergency the ugly kid sitting there is the last off the plane. Thanks for flying Homer Simpson airways and enjoy your trip.

A340600

Sun May 28, 2006 10:33 pm

No safety demo's yet, so here's part of one:

"Ladies and gentlemen, all portable electronic equipment and mobile phones should be switched off. We are now going to take you through our safety procedures and equipment. We ask you to watch and listen carefully. The safety card in your seat area shows details of escape routes, oxygen masks
and lifejackets. It also shows the bracing position, which you must adopt, in an emergency landing.

Emergency exits are on both sides of the aircraft, they are
clearly marked, and are being pointed out to you now"

Can't be bothered with any more silly 
Despite the name I am a Boeing man through and through!

BMIFlyer

Sun May 28, 2006 11:19 pm

Quoting Jap (Reply 56):

Damn, i wish i knew what that meant  Wink

Mattias, seeing as you appear to find it so damn funny, care to enlighten me? Big grin

Lee
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

BR715-A1-30

Mon May 29, 2006 1:10 am

Quoting PureKiwi (Reply 61):
More along the lines of: Welcome to Homer Simpson airways, there was suppose to be a complimentry service of Duff beer and donuts until I ate and drank them all for myself. The inflight TV program will be whatever I want to watch and in the likely event of an emergency the ugly kid sitting there is the last off the plane. Thanks for flying Homer Simpson airways and enjoy your trip.

And then when an in-flight emergency comes up, and the pilots don't know what to do, they attempt to radio in an emergency, but pick up the cabin interphone instead, where you hear this word echo throughout the cabin....

...D'OH!!!

After the Co-Pilot gets the bright idea to shut down the engines and glide for a landing...

... WHY YOU LITTLE!!!!
Puhdiddle

andz

Mon May 29, 2006 1:35 am

Then there is the classic oldie....

"Ladies and gentlemen this is the Captain speaking, we are currently climbing through fifteen thousand feet on our way to thirty sevOH MY GOD!! JESUS CHRIST!!...."

a few minutes later: "Ladies and gentlemen the Captain again, sorry about that but the flight attendant accidentally spilled hot coffee on me, you should see the front of my trousers!"

One passenger to the other "that's nothing, you should see the back of mine!"

flpuck6

Mon May 29, 2006 12:10 pm

Quoting AirxLiban (Thread starter):
This is the final boarding for fill in the blank Airlines flight fill in the blank to fill in the blank. Passengers please report to gate number 10 for immediate boarding.

"Mesdames et Messieurs votre attention s'il vous plait. Ceci est le dernier appel pour le vol Air France a destination de Paris Charles de Gaulle. Tous les passagers sont invites a se presenter en porte 7 pour un embarquement immediat."
Bonjour Chef!

Doona

Mon May 29, 2006 3:59 pm

Quoting Matt27 (Reply 58):
"Detta �r ett sista utrop f�r passagerare som ska med flight SK 515 till London Heathrow. Vi ber er att gensat bege er till gate 18 f�r boarding. Skit i om man f�r en stor stark och en J�germeister f�r 60 sp�nn i baren, det finns mer sprit p� planet. S� v�nligen masa hit era feta r�var annars drar vi utan er! Tack s� mycket."

rotfl 

Quoting BMIFlyer (Reply 63):
Quoting Jap (Reply 56):
"L�B, FOR SATAN, DUMME SKID! L�B!!!"

Damn, i wish i knew what that meant

Roughly: "RUN, GODDAMNIT, YOU DUMB SHIT! RUN!!!"

Cheers
Mats
Sure, we're concerned for our lives. Just not as concerned as saving 9 bucks on a roundtrip to Ft. Myers.

AirPacific747

Mon May 29, 2006 4:05 pm

Quoting Matt27 (Reply 58):
Quoting Jap (Reply 56):

rotf

"Detta är ett sista utrop för passagerare som ska med flight SK 515 till London Heathrow. Vi ber er att gensat bege er till gate 18 för boarding. Skit i om man får en stor stark och en Jägermeister för 60 spänn i baren, det finns mer sprit på planet. Så vänligen masa hit era feta rövar annars drar vi utan er! Tack så mycket."

hahahaha Big grin

KaiGywer

Tue May 30, 2006 2:25 am

In Norwegian:

"Mine damer og herrer, da er vi klar for ombordstigning til Widerøes rute 373 til Sandefjord gjennom utgang nummer 15."

Final:
"Dette er siste sjanse for ombordstigning til Widerøes rute 373 til Sandefjord. Vennligst kom til utgang nummer 15 umiddelbart da flyet er klar til avgang"
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

cedars747

Tue May 30, 2006 4:28 am

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 69):
Final:
"Dette er siste sjanse for ombordstigning til Widerøes rute 373 til Sandefjord. Vennligst kom til utgang nummer 15 umiddelbart da flyet er klar til avgang"

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Tobias Rose - AirTeamImages

Hei stop ! please give me another chance ! vent på meg !
Alex!!!
Tengo una pasion por la aviacion /لدي شغف للطيران / I have a passion for aviation /Jeg har en lidenskap for luftfart/ J'ai une passion pour l'aviation.

ariis

Wed May 31, 2006 11:49 pm

In Japanese (JL066: NRT to LAX):

"Nihon-koukuu rokujuurokubin-nite, Rosanzerusu-e goshuppatsu-no okyakusama-ni tadaima saishuu-gotoujouannai-o itashiteorimasu. Toubin-o goriyou-no okyakusama-wa, tadachi-ni juuban-ge=to-yori gotoujou-kudasai."

FAO

EDIT: Gate# changed to 10.

[Edited 2006-05-31 16:51:28]
FAO - Flight Activities Officer