bushpilot
Topic Author

Alaska Politics Thread

Sat May 27, 2006 6:42 am

Hi Folks,
For our resident Alaskan members and anyone else who cares to pipe in, things are heating up politically in AK these days. I thought a good idea to talk about them.

Big News today is the Gov Murkowski has thrown his hat in the race for re-election. He is struggling with low approval rating, at %22, makes Bush look like a rock star with those low numbers.
http://www.adn.com/news/government/story/7768834p-7681378c.html
With Murkowski throwing his hat in, it will make the GOP primary ugly and force them to spend more money against each other and will let the two democrats have an easier time, but for me it is good news, my candidate Andrew Halcro, will be able to sit back and watch them wear each other out.

On another note, Binkley was in DLG on Tuesday, wasnt recieved to well, not much publicity about the visit, but his views on pebble mine didnt win him any friends out here.
Also the city of Dillingham released the deliquent tax account names in a full page spread in the Bristol Bay times last week, none other than JD Palin, the husband of Sarah Palin owes property tax and his harbor fees from last year.
So what you folks think, a good thing Franky Murky has put his name in?

texan

RE: Alaska Politics Thread

Sat May 27, 2006 7:19 am

From what we've heard, Murkowski does not really stand much of a chance of being reelected. That could mean one of two things for the GOP up there: either they band together to defeat Murkowski and come out a stronger party, or the primary turns very nasty and opens up a deep rift in the party a la Colorado two years ago, basically defaulting the state to the Democrats. Will be interesting to see what happens, keep us informed!

Texan, the a.net political junkie
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."

MUWarriors

Sat May 27, 2006 7:28 am

I am still relatively new to the state, but am following the politics pretty close. I just don't see how Frank can pull this out at this point, it wouldn't suprise me if he didn't get the nomination. He seems to have little support in the legislature, and his poll numbers are horendous. I am curious to see if Knowles will be running, that could really make this an exciting race.

bushpilot
Topic Author

Sat May 27, 2006 8:15 am

Quoting Texan (Reply 1):
That could mean one of two things for the GOP up there: either they band together to defeat Murkowski and come out a stronger party, or the primary turns very nasty and opens up a deep rift in the party

I think the latter is more likely, Binkley is ahead in the GOP race, and Frank was himself in hot water a few weeks ago defying court orders to release the gas line contract but he was refusing, and saying more or less he wouldnt release it until the legislature passed the PPT (petroleum profits tax) but that was equivalent to having the leg. sign a mortage and not A. knowing how much they will be making and B. Not knowing how much the mortage is for. Not something one would do in thier private lives much less on the state government level. Murky is a seasoned politician, he will pull out all his cards, his time in the US senate, but if someone were to really work on the issues with Murky blowing most of the huge budget surplus AK enjoyed this year into the gasline, while some communities struggle to keep schools afloat and increasing local taxes.
There is the nepotism factor, and even though Lisa was elected, he was very shady on who he would appoint to take his seat, said early in the campaign season 4 years ago he most likely wouldnt appoint Lisa etc.
He is not a popular man in this state right now, and he will pull out the stops he needs to to gain the nomination, but I dont think he will win.
I see Palin possibly dropping out of the race and maybe teaming up with a great independant running guy by the name of Halcro. I think the GOP primary will get ugly.

Quoting Texan (Reply 1):
basically defaulting the state to the Democrats.

Once again, there is a very good independant running, and despute no party support he is making an honest go at it, and I think he has a serious chance, especially now with Murky jumping in.

Quoting MUWarriors (Reply 2):
I am curious to see if Knowles will be running, that could really make this an exciting race.

Firstly, let me say this, I know Tony, an aquaintance, but I played hockey with his son, and went to school with his daughter. He is a good guy, and I voted for his senate run, but I dont think he has his eye on the mansion, I think if anything he is buying is time til ole Stevens kicks it, and will move into that senate seat in the future. I dont think Stevens has 6 more years in him, as much as I do appreciate all the work he has done in DC for this state.

searpqx

Sat May 27, 2006 8:38 am

I've been out of the loop for awhile - Who are the credible players for Gov (besides Murkowski)? What about Young - is there any credible threat to him this year (I'm guessing no)?
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity"

ANCFlyer

Sat May 27, 2006 9:17 am

I can assure you my vote - at this point - won't go to Murkowski . . .

I sure wish Tony Knowles would jump back in the ring, that would make my choice a no-brainer. (For you left wingers out there that think I'm uber conservative - Knowles is a Democrat).

Andy Halcro might be decent, but I need to hear more of what is on his mind. He reminds me at this point, of John Kerry - he has a plan, but no one knows what it is. being a lifelong Alaskan doesn't qualify one to sit in the hot seat in Juneau.

Now, Murkowski - he has done so much secretive crap, failed miserably to talk with and gain support of either side of the aisle in the State Legislature, played games with our $$$, specifically over-spending every account in the state and assisting in burning off a couple $billion in oil reserve money gained this year (after he said repeatedly, and it was the center of his campaign, that we needed some $$$ in the bank in case big oil shit the bed on Alaska again). Not mention appointing that bimbo daughter of his to replace him in the US Senate, having had much better, much more qualified candidates for that job. So, Frank the Bank is out . . .

Even if he manages to get a Gas Line deal through in the next 8-10 months, he's out. So many people are fed up with his antics . . . the jet, the overspending, the secrets, the Petroleum Profits Tax, the defying of court orders . . . he doesn't stand a chance. Not even within the very strong Republican contingent in Alaska.

Sara Palin . . . .well, she did okay in Wasilla as the Mayor, except she didn't manage to curb the illegal drug production problem, she didn't get the new school building through the burrough to keep pace with the housing boom, you still have places out there that look lke 1940s Alabama . . . other than the few Republican Friends she helped, I don't see that Palin did a damn thing but ride out her term keeping those friends . . . she's out.

I don't know anything of Binkley, but my Father seems to be on his side.

Ethan Berkowitz and that other pin-head schoolboy Democrat running won't make a pimple on a Good Alaskan's ass . . . there's no chance I'd vote for either of them.

Now where is Wally Hickel when you need him . . . . best damn Governor Alaska ever had - twice.

My vote would go to Knowles if he runs - doesn't appear likely.

Quoting MUWarriors (Reply 2):
I am still relatively new to the state,

Welcome to Alaska! The Last Frontier!!!
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

L-188

Sat May 27, 2006 10:02 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 5):
I sure wish Tony Knowles would jump back in the ring, that would make my choice a no-brainer. (For you left wingers out there that think I'm uber conservative - Knowles is a Democrat).

My mom and sister saw him at the GCI store a while back when they where looking at cellphones. Knowles has never been a particlularly "meaty" man but they said it was positively scary how skinny and anemic he look....they have seen him in person in the past.

As far as the election, I think Frank's move helps Sarah Palin the most. She isn't popular with Randy for obvious reasons, so I think if Frank hadn't announce he would be throwing the part behind Binkley. Now I look for Binkley and Murkowski to split part of the vote.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

bushpilot
Topic Author

Sun May 28, 2006 7:42 am

Andy Halcro might be decent, but I need to hear more of what is on his mind. He reminds me at this point, of John Kerry - he has a plan, but no one knows what it is. being a lifelong Alaskan doesn't qualify one to sit in the hot seat in Juneau.

You will, keep in mind he is an independant, which means he needs to raise a bunch of money without party support, but that also means he doesnt have to strap on the knee pads for the party line BJ. He is a former GOP house member as you probably know, and was known a bit as a maverick, he wants ethics in JNU, a responsibility to the people, and well you should just check out his website.

Quoting L-188 (Reply 6):
Now I look for Binkley and Murkowski to split part of the vote.

With Frank joining the race, it is putting the coffin in both of thier chances. They are going to have a tough primary and Palin was just marginalized, I dont see her staying in the race, if she was wise she would drop out and team up as LT for one of the other candidates. For my guy, Frank running is the best thing that has happened.
Binkley was out here last week doing some small time campaign stumps, he gave all this BS about calling western AK his home and to a point it is, but he is pro-pebble mine and said so as much during the compfish debate in Kodiak. But talked about how pro-fishing he was out here, one thing about out here, people are up in arms over this pebble mine, it is the single greatest threat to the two major salmon producing rivers in western AK, the head waters of both the Nushagak and the Kvichak up on Iliamna, North Americas largest pitmine using cyanide and dumping it into the ground water. He is already caught in a flip flop.

ANCFlyer

Sun May 28, 2006 8:25 am

Quoting Bushpilot (Reply 7):

You will, keep in mind he is an independant, which means he needs to raise a bunch of money without party support, but that also means he doesnt have to strap on the knee pads for the party line BJ.

Exactly why I want to know more about what he has planned.

First: Independent . . . not subject to the party line Bullshit.
Second: Life Long Alaskan . . . although not the qualifier for the big chair, definitely more qualified than someone that moved ehre 10 years ago.
Third: Not beholding to a PAC because of all the $$$ given to the election fund.

So, Andy Halcro will be worth listening to . . . when he decides to outline a plan, or give a vision of what he intends to do if elected.

With Frank joining the race, it is putting the coffin in both of thier chances.

Not necessarily a bad thing I think.

Palin was just marginalized, I dont see her staying in the race, if she was wise she would drop out and team up as LT for one of the other candidates.

checkmark  Palin was marginalized before Frank the Bank joined the race. People in Fairbanks or Bethel or McGrath were saying "Sarah Who?" long before Frank make his move.

Now, I say again, where's Wally Hickel when we need him?  wink 
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

AirframeAS

Sun May 28, 2006 8:29 am

Will somebody explain to me what the Alaska Permenant Fund is? Is this a state income tax for Alaskans?
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

ANCFlyer

Sun May 28, 2006 8:33 am

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 9):
Will somebody explain to me what the Alaska Permenant Fund is?

Essentially, it a bank account from which each Alaskan (that qualifies) draws an amount each year based on earnings from invested oil $$$.

Here's a link.

http://www.apfc.org/

AirframeAS

Sun May 28, 2006 8:38 am

Every working Alaskan is required to pitch into the account regardless if they qualify to get some funds back or whatever the case may be?

ANCFlyer

Sun May 28, 2006 8:42 am

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 11):
Every working Alaskan is required to pitch into the account regardless if they qualify to get some funds back or whatever the case may be?

No Alaskan put $$$ into the account. It is NOT a tax. Go read the link.

Alaska gets royalties from the oil company. A certain amount is invested each year. Of that a return is garnered. From the return, a check is sent to every Alaskan 1 year of age and older, that qualifies, each October.

Go read the link.

AirframeAS

Sun May 28, 2006 9:11 am

Interesting info. Thanks, ANCFlyer!

L-188

Tue May 30, 2006 11:01 am

Just saw it on the news tonight.

Tony Knowles wants his old job back.

He announced today.....Now this race gets interesting.

My money at this point-A Palin/Leman vs. Knowles/Berkowitz General Election.

Berkowitz will be dropping his governor bid for the Democrat Gov Lite position.

Now this election is starting to get interesting.

ANCFlyer

Tue May 30, 2006 11:52 am

Quoting L-188 (Reply 14):
Tony Knowles wants his old job back.

Solves my problem as to the next Gubernatorial election . . .

Thanks Tony! You've got my vote . . . unless (!!!) you pick Ethan (the pinhead) Berkowitz as your #2.
Fortunately, we can vote Gov and Lt. Gov separately . . .

L-188

Tue May 30, 2006 12:03 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 15):
Thanks Tony! You've got my vote . . . unless (!!!) you pick Ethan (the pinhead) Berkowitz as your #2.
Fortunately, we can vote Gov and Lt. Gov separately

When did that happen?

Last time I checked you had to vote for the party in the general.

ANCFlyer

Tue May 30, 2006 12:28 pm

Quoting L-188 (Reply 16):
Last time I checked you had to vote for the party in the general.

#()*YG)*@)_(U*$#%_)@

I knew that . . .

OK, so If Berkowitz is Knowles #2, then I'll rethink my position, cause Berkowitz is a putz, a pinhead, a pretty boy democrat boot licker.

As for now - Knowles gets my vote . . . above Andy Halcro, whose life just became more difficult. He had a better than average chance as an independent against Berkowitz and that idiot Croft, and against Palin and Binkley and Murkowski . . . now with Knowles in the mix . . . gonna be different.

satx

Tue May 30, 2006 12:36 pm

For you left wingers out there that think I'm uber conservative

Not compared to other Alaskans, just compared to the rest of the free world.
A300 319 320 321 332 333 388 B727 732 733 735 737 738 739 742 743 744 752 753 763 764 772 77E 77L 773 77W 788 789 C200 700 900 DHC2 DC9 E145 170 175 190 F100 MD81 82 83 87 88 90 | 38 Lines 44 Craft 58 Ports

L-188

Tue May 30, 2006 4:39 pm

Quoting SATX (Reply 18):
Not compared to other Alaskans, just compared to the rest of the free world.

North to the future brother....North to the future.

bushpilot
Topic Author

Wed May 31, 2006 5:22 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 17):
As for now - Knowles gets my vote . . . above Andy Halcro, whose life just became more difficult. He had a better than average chance as an independent against Berkowitz and that idiot Croft, and against Palin and Binkley and Murkowski . . . now with Knowles in the mix . . . gonna be different

Well I wrote in this very thread that I didnt think Tony would run, I saw it on the news last night, I thought for sure you folks would be all over me for the wrong prediction, thanks for going easy.
Berkowitz is out as Gov. Candidate, but wants to run on Tony's ticket, also Leman is out as the Lt. Gov. Which makes me wonder what the GOP running mate would be, I see a few possibilities, A. Binkley drops out and runs with Murky, Ben Stevens is another possibility, but I dont think he will drop is Senate seat to get beat up in this election. He already has some questionable ethical stuff going on, plus he is a terrible senate president, unless you are a GOP member.
As for my boy Halcro, I havent gotten an email from him in the last few days since Murky put his name in, I doubt he is happy to see Tony jump in, but he will continue to campaign hard. I heard him last night for a minute debating in KFQD with the CEO of Holland America Lines. IMVHO it is about time we get this cruise ship head tax going. They dont pay a nickel in state tax, but with a million visitors they bring every year, we still provide infastructure, resource management, and public safety, it is time they chip in.
On some other notes, First commercial Nushagak River King opener on Thursday the 1st. We are expecting a big king run this year, price should be about 1.25 to 1.50, but this is the earliest I have seen a commercial opener for kings in 9 years out here.
I was out doing some beach combing over the weekend as well, did an overnight fly out cape Constantine, scored big in the take, bottom jaw of a walrus with teeth in it, a single full tusk, the biggest oosick I have ever seen, 2ft 7in long. dozen or so japanese glass bouys, a whale bone of some kind, and nearly walked into a sleeping sow and 2 cubs. That would have gotten ugly, first time I have actually drawn my gun as I backed away from them. No bluff charges, but jaw popping, standing on hind legs, and me nearly pissing my pants literally. But a good time regardless.

MUWarriors

Wed May 31, 2006 8:52 am

I was gone all weekend, so just got caught up. This could be an interesting 3 way race now. If the Republicans are smart they will knock Murkowski out in the primary and take their chances with someone else. Murkowski just has too much baggage right now.

Welcome to Alaska! The Last Frontier!!!

Thank you. I've been up here 9 months now, am loving it. Biked the Denali Highway this weekend. Long hard ride, but it was amazing. Great views, beautiful camping, just a wonderful weekend.

ANCFlyer

Wed May 31, 2006 8:54 am

Quoting Bushpilot (Reply 20):
Well I wrote in this very thread that I didnt think Tony would run, I saw it on the news last night, I thought for sure you folks would be all over me for the wrong prediction, thanks for going easy.

Hell, I never thought he'd run either . . . . I thought he'd bailed out on politics for sure.

Ben Stevens is another possibility,

No chance . . . as many skeletons as that asshat has in the closet - some being investigated still . . . and people in Anchorage hate the guy, a lot. I'd vote for anybody else over Stevens . . .

was out doing some beach combing over the weekend as well, did an overnight fly out cape Constantine, scored big in the take, bottom jaw of a walrus with teeth in it, a single full tusk, the biggest oosick I have ever seen, 2ft 7in long. dozen or so japanese glass bouys, a whale bone of some kind, and nearly walked into a sleeping sow and 2 cubs. That would have gotten ugly, first time I have actually drawn my gun as I backed away from them. No bluff charges, but jaw popping, standing on hind legs, and me nearly pissing my pants literally. But a good time regardless.

Sounds very cool . . . I've spent time on the beach on the Gulf of Alaska near Cape Yakataga . . . fly in with a Super Cub and land right on the beach. I've seen three bears now this summer and countless caribou and birds. Even word there is a moose . . . I'll believe that when I see it. A mosse this far north - someone definitely took a wrong turn at Albequerque.

bushpilot
Topic Author

Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:53 am

Well another update:
Croft says he is staying in, Halcro named a running mate, and the Sen. from Nome wants the Lt. Gov seat.
Ken Lancaster is the Halcro running mate, I dont know much about him and am trying to get some info on him. Its going to be an interesting primary for both parties, for my own independant sake, I hope they spend tons of thier campaign money, throw lots of mud and let my boy Halcro slide through clean. Have to see what happens. I am a Knowles fan, but picked Halcro early and have committed to work on his campaign so Im sticking with him. No flip flop here.

http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/story/7785405p-7699487c.html
http://www.adn.com/news/politics/ele...nor06/story/7786112p-7698486c.html

ANCFlyer

Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:45 am

You can bet Croft will get ugly . . . I guess you witnessed the absurd mudslinging bullshit during his radio press conference over the gas line with Gov. Numbnut. He's a punk ass.

I think Halcro is above all that . . . and who the hell is Ken Lancaster?

I'm sticking with Knowles and will work for him if he asks between hitches up here . . . I did during his Senatorial campaign . . .

My biggest reservation about Knowles is his apparent running mate. I am certainly NO fan of Ethan Berkowitz . . . and I will see how long I can stand him on the Democratic Ticket . . .

bushpilot
Topic Author

Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:59 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 24):
who the hell is Ken Lancaster?

http://www.akrepublicans.org/pastlegs/22ndleg/bio-lancaster.shtml
This will give you the rundown on the guy, seems alright to me, former GOP member, out of Slowdotna, I believe he is currently the Rep from District 8, former mayor etc.
I asked myself the same question though, I am concerned about his name recognition state wide, but that might not be a bad thing at this point, he doesnt seem to be really outspoken or controversial, so once again my hopes of the sit back and watch the mud fly between parties and try to stay as clean as possible is Halcro's best bet.

ANCFlyer

Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:11 am

Quoting Bushpilot (Reply 25):
This will give you the rundown on the guy, seems alright to me, former GOP member, out of Slowdotna, I believe he is currently the Rep from District 8, former mayor etc.

I saw him on CH2 news tonight. His reasons for leaving the State Legislature made me take notice . . . . "too many partisan politicians, not enough people for Alaskans". He'll be worth watching.

Croft will be the first to sling the mud . . . any bets??? First at Knowles during the primaries and then all voer Murkowski and Halcro throughout the balance of the campaign.

bushpilot
Topic Author

Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:19 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 26):
I saw him on CH2 news tonight.

Did you see Halcro, he was bashing Tony. Said Tony didnt do a damn thing unless the tv cameras were around etc. It was interesting, but I would call it mud slinging a bit. But if it is true, that is not anything I have heard before about Tony, sure he is a great politician with shakin hands and kissin babies, but I am going to have to go back and look long and hard at legislation Tony wanted.

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 26):
Croft will be the first to sling the mud . . . any bets??? First at Knowles during the primaries and then all voer Murkowski and Halcro throughout the balance of the campaign.

Well I dont think Croft will win the primary, and it is funny how partisan politicians can bring down the mud during the primary, but jump up to brush it off when they lose and immediatly support thier candidate, seen it time and time again.
Also it seems Ben Stevens has signed up for reelection, lets hope that swindler loses his job so he can go do some more "consultant" work.
Norm Rokeberg wants that seat, plus a few democrats who dont have a chance, but Rokeberg is from my old spenard neighborhood, a good guy that would always sponsor my various youth A-thons etc. Will be interesting to see who comes out on that one.

ANCFlyer

Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:25 pm

Quoting Bushpilot (Reply 27):
Did you see Halcro, he was bashing Tony. Said Tony didnt do a damn thing unless the tv cameras were around etc. It was interesting, but I would call it mud slinging a bit. But if it is true, that is not anything I have heard before about Tony, sure he is a great politician with shakin hands and kissin babies, but I am going to have to go back and look long and hard at legislation Tony wanted.

I did not see Halcro say that . . . I did see Lancaster allude to some of that but not directing at anyone in particular.

The thing I like about Knowles is that while he's a Democrat of course, he's not an extremist left winger. I realizes things have got to be non-partisan to get done . . . I think, in the 8 years he sat in Juneau, things got accomplished. In the last 4 yearts with Frank the Bank running the show, and the legislature just picking each other apart in a classic, textbook example of how to do partisan politics, this State has stagnated . . . and suffere dgreatly from a lack of leadership out of the Governor's mansion.

Croft will not be factor . . . he's already lost . . .

Quoting Bushpilot (Reply 27):
Also it seems Ben Stevens has signed up for reelection, lets hope that swindler loses his job so he can go do some more "consultant" work.

rotfl  rotfl  rotfl 

I didn't vote for him before, and I'm not voting for him this time. His own redistricting plan is going to unseat his sorry, crooked ass. I'm voting for Rokeburg.

bushpilot
Topic Author

Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:38 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 28):
I did not see Halcro say that . . . I did see Lancaster allude to some of that but not directing at anyone in particular.

http://www.ktuu.com/cms/anmviewer.asp?a=5035&z=1
here is the link. I cant copy and paste from that site for some reason. But it is a doozy, "Tony Knowles was only concerned about his last election, to sit there last night and listen to him talk about 'Oh I had to deal with $9 and $12 a barrel' This guy never did a damn thing in 8 years to get his hands dirty, Tony Knowles only showed up when the cameras were rolling" Halcro.

ANCFlyer

Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:51 pm

Quoting Bushpilot (Reply 29):
But it is a doozy, "Tony Knowles was only concerned about his last election, to sit there last night and listen to him talk about 'Oh I had to deal with $9 and $12 a barrel' This guy never did a damn thing in 8 years to get his hands dirty, Tony Knowles only showed up when the cameras were rolling" Halcro.

Oh I saw THAT, I thought you meant something meaty, like . . . TOny was cought out shagging Caribou or something  silly 

Tony has a point . . . the last term he was Gov oil hit a high of $14bbl. Not exactly an incentive for BP to put more holes in the ground. With it hovering around $70bbl, plenty of incentive. And we've got tens of millions of bbls sittnig under ANWR.

Same with Natural Gas. Why would BP (and others) invest a $Billion in a gas line when gsa was at $2? Doesn't make sense.

The bit about the cameras rolling a little over the top . . . but I gotta laugh at that. What did Andy have to say about Frank the Bank . . . no only does he not show up when the cameras are rolling, he just plain "don't show up"!!!

This is gonna be a great race for the big chair in Alaska this time. And FINALLY, some decent candidates (aside from Murkowski). Honestly, aside from Frank the Bank, Alaskans will be the winners here no matter how it turns out . . . it will just be a matter of to what degree do we win . . .

bushpilot
Topic Author

Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:00 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 30):
Oh I saw THAT, I thought you meant something meaty, like . . . TOny was cought out shagging Caribou or something

I wish his daughter Devin was out here working in a cannery, god damn she is a hottie. I went to good ole west side high with her before Tony got elected.
About Murky, he said this:
"He just spent $300million, a third of a billion dollars on projects that probably wont be built in our lifetime instead of putting that money away to widen roadways strengthen bridges and get this state ready for construction of a gas line."
I think in the future he will slam Murky hard just like all the other candidates will, the whole fiasco of LisaGate, not releasing the gas line contract until a court ordered him three times to do so, the Jet(enough said on that one) and with this current contract there is no timeline for building the line, and there is no punishment for not building one, meaning we have dropped taxes for them to build the pipeline, but they dont have to, ever.

ANCFlyer

Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:10 pm

Quoting Bushpilot (Reply 31):
"He just spent $300million, a third of a billion dollars on projects that probably wont be built in our lifetime instead of putting that money away to widen roadways strengthen bridges and get this state ready for construction of a gas line."
I think in the future he will slam Murky hard just like all the other candidates will, the whole fiasco of LisaGate, not releasing the gas line contract until a court ordered him three times to do so, the Jet(enough said on that one) and with this current contract there is no timeline for building the line, and there is no punishment for not building one, meaning we have dropped taxes for them to build the pipeline, but they dont have to, ever.

Spot on: Nuf Said.

Lisa's a Bimbo

We're giving away Alaska's Natural Gas but only if the oil companies want it.

We're reduced taxes to the oil companies.

We've got a jet that can't land at 85% of the airfields in the State. (but it's used for prisoner transport  rotfl  bullshit).

Yadda, yadda, yadda . . .

Frank better have a decent retirement home picked out - and rpeferably NOT in my neighborhood.

TedTAce

Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:13 pm

I'm surprised ANC hasn't gotten in on this one: Communications, Consumers' Choice, & Broadband.... (by TedTAce Jun 1 2006 in Non Aviation)
This space intentionally left blank

bushpilot
Topic Author

Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:52 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 32):
Frank better have a decent retirement home picked out - and rpeferably NOT in my neighborhood.

Are you kidding me, I would love to have Frank living next door, hell the local police chief lives across the street, let him move next to the chief, Id get a kick out of pestering him with loud music, litter his lawn with Keystone Ice cans, and I would invite all my brush ape buddies over all the time. My dog shitting in his lawn, people parking in his driveway during my parties...oh damn Murky, the place is for sale across the street, welcome to the hood'

L-188

Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:35 am

Quoting Bushpilot (Reply 34):
Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 32):

Are you kidding me, I would love to have Frank living next door, hell the local police chief lives across the street, let him move next to the chief, Id get a kick out of pestering him with loud music, litter his lawn with Keystone Ice cans, and I would invite all my brush ape buddies over all the time. My dog shitting in his lawn, people parking in his driveway during my parties...oh damn Murky, the place is for sale across the street, welcome to the hood'

Yeah it isn't about your neighbors but how you can torture them.

Anybody want to take a bet that he gets on with an oil company after he is out of office.

ANCFlyer

Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:57 am

Quoting L-188 (Reply 35):
Anybody want to take a bet that he gets on with an oil company after he is out of office.

No bet.

He's getting  old , so he won't be anything but a highly paid "consultant" on "Alaskan issues". What a joke.

L-188

Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:04 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 36):
He's getting , so he won't be anything but a highly paid "consultant" on "Alaskan issues". What a joke.

That is kind of what I meant.....a highly paid consultant for ....take your pick....Exxon, Conocophillips, BP, Chevron, Unocal.

Chugach

Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:35 am

Quoting Bushpilot (Reply 3):
Firstly, let me say this, I know Tony,

I met Tony a couple of weeks ago at a cocktail reception. Seemed like a very nice guy, and very down to earth in person. He took the time to chat with me for about 10 minutes about Alaska politics, which I thought was beyond cool. On the tv cameras he comes off as being kind of a slick politician, but he didn't seem that way in person.

Anyway...Frank the Tank must have one hell of an ego if he actually thinks he can win the primary, let alone the whole election.

Speaking of punk-ass pinheads, one race I'll also be interested in is Ben Stevens' re-election bid in Anchorage.

L-188

Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:40 am

Quoting Chugach (Reply 38):
I met Tony a couple of weeks ago at a cocktail reception. Seemed like a very nice guy, and very down to earth in person.

My mom and sister ran accross him at a GCI store about a month ago.

They said he looked very thin and pale....a lot more then he usually does.

Did you get that same impression?

ANCFlyer

Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:42 am

Quoting Chugach (Reply 38):
Speaking of punk-ass pinheads, one race I'll also be interested in is Ben Stevens' re-election bid in Anchorage.

rotfl 

You know, the alarm bells oughta be going off in Benny Boy's head about now . . .

First, Norm, his old buddy from my district, hops in the race to challenge him, and then today Lesil McGuirse hops in there!  laughing 

If I were Ben, I'd bow out and run off. Just how much of a fucktard do you have to be in a STATE legislature to get challenged by two people in your own party!!!

Ben's an ass, he's dirty - real dirty, and he won't make a pimple on his Daddy's ass . . .

I'm voting for Rokeberg in that one by the way. I like McGuire (plus she's really cute, too bad she's hitched), but Rokeberg has been my Rep for a decade . . . he's done well.

Chugach

Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:46 pm

Quoting L-188 (Reply 39):
They said he looked very thin and pale....a lot more then he usually does.

I didn't really get that impression...he looked plenty fit. Thin, yes, but not overly so.

I still don't know how he lost to that bimbo in 2004. If you ask me, it'll be sweet justice if he boots her daddy out of office.

ANCFlyer

Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:55 pm

Quoting Chugach (Reply 41):
I still don't know how he lost to that bimbo in 2004.

Simple answer really:

NAME RECOGNITION.

Same way Don Young keeps winning . . .

Worthless bastard that he is, he's married to a Native Alaskan, and that carries weight. In some circles, it doesn't matter what Young does in Washington, he's married to a Native Alaskan, and that gets him the vote - regardless.

L-188

Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:59 pm

Quoting Chugach (Reply 41):
I still don't know how he lost to that bimbo in 2004.

Honestly I think that everybody got tired of Ivan Moore trying to throw the election. Calling the democrats "Progressive" vs "Liberal" and crap like that. It was getting pretty obvious at the end. Hell I declined to do an Ivan Moore phone poll a month or so more because he was the guy doing it. Dave Dittman is a much better pollster.

Added to the fact that two weeks before the election that Ted and Don got back from DC and started to do adds for Lisa playing up the fact that she had a year of seniority at that time.