Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

slider

RE: Australian Pm Told To Convert To Islam

Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:34 pm

Why did they let him out?

For those of you critical of Club Gitmo, this Bashir nutball is exactly why we have it---we lock them up.

Contrast that with Jakarta, which plays "catch and release" so now this radical cleric can roam the world, spewing his filth, inciting more would-be terrorists.

He hails the Bali bombings and praises Zarqawi, and that's just in the first 4 paragraphs.

This is precisely why you incarcerate these fuckers.

AirPacific747

Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:43 pm

Quoting VHVXB (Reply 49):

Its nothing new AirPacific he likes to pull things out thin air and turn into fact which he knows nothing about especially Australia. its beginning to annoy me the way he is carrying on especially when he thinks everything is Australias fault.

He does that to every country except for countries in the Middle East. They're all oh so perfect  Wink

Zen100

Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:45 pm

Quoting VHVXB (Reply 49):
fact which he knows nothing about especially Australia

To be honest with you, Australia, is not a country I'm interested in. Don't have a need/wish to go there. It's just a non starter for me. I happened to spend 3 months in Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia last year. Where I did not live as a tourist but rented a place like the locals would live in. And I learned many things. Can comment to some extent on South East Asian affairs.

Quoting VHOJC (Reply 39):
ruffled some feathers of infidels

The fact that I have ruffled some 'feathers' means i have come closer to the truth. The truth hurts. So be it.
ProudQatari. Small Country with 5* Airline

LO231

Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:48 pm

Quoting Zen100 (Reply 52):
Australia, is not a country I'm interested in.

That means you don't know what you're talking about.....

If you were interested, you'd learn and know more about it.

Regards,
LO231
Got both LO 788 frames already, next LO E95 and 734 BRU-WAW-BRU

AirPacific747

Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:49 pm

Don't have a need/wish to go there.

You won't be missed.

And I learned many things.

Seems like you didn't learn anything afterall. I spent 8 months in Canada. Does that make me a Canadian expert? Certainly not!

[Edited 2006-06-15 14:52:14]

aloges

Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:49 pm

And I learned many things. Can comment to some extent on South East Asian affairs.

"To some extent", we can all comment. You on the other hand come off like you think you're an expert.

The fact that I have ruffled some 'feathers' means i have come closer to the truth. The truth hurts. So be it.

Not in the least - but I recognise "the truth hurts" is what most people resort to when they get thoroughly fried in a discussion.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

dtwclipper

Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:50 pm

The fact that I have ruffled some 'feathers' means i have come closer to the truth.

Please clarify: Truth

To be honest with you, Australia, is not a country I'm interested in.

Many sighs of relief from our friends down under!

I happened to spend 3 months in Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia last year

Cool, I spent 5 years in Europe, but I wouldn't dare to be so pompous as to say it made me an expert on the region, but that is something that comes with maturity.
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

VHOJC

Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:52 pm

To be honest with you, Australia, is not a country I'm interested in. Don't have a need/wish to go there.

Good we dont need people like you visiting our country anyway

No need to twist my words...i meant to say is that you are an attention whore
When there is nothing left to burn...set yourself on fire!!!

VHVXB
Topic Author

Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:02 pm

Australia, is not a country I'm interested in. Don't have a need/wish to go there

Why don't you come you can express some of your views to the people in Western Sydney and they will tell you what they think  Wink

Quoting LO231 (Reply 53):

Exactly!!!

cfalk

Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:41 pm

No, it's because it is funny to hear someone with such a twisted sense of reality. Kinda like those shock comics like Sam Kenison and Andrew Dice Clay - completely screwed in the head, but good for a few laughs.

But Kenison is dead and Clay might as well be now. The questions is - what will happen to you?
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

Zen100

Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:43 pm

Quoting VHVXB (Reply 58):
Why don't you come you can express some of your views to the people in Western Sydney and they will tell you what they think

From what I gather, I have already expressed no need on my part to visit Australia or to go there. Maybe when it can grant land rights to the original inhabitants of that land where they can self determination, then maybe, just maybe, i might visit it.

dtwclipper

Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:46 pm

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 59):
No, it's because it is funny to hear someone with such a twisted sense of reality. Kinda like those shock comics like Sam Kenison and Andrew Dice Clay - completely screwed in the head, but good for a few laughs.

Big grin  Big grin

How about Zen Coulter, and his new book: How to Talk to a Infidel (If You Must)
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

VHVXB
Topic Author

Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:48 pm

Quoting Zen100 (Reply 60):
Maybe when it can grant land rights to the original inhabitants of that land where they can self determination, then maybe, just maybe, i might visit it.

what hell are you talking about. What you have just is biggest load of crap i've ever heard in my life. The land belongs to the correct people the Australian People

vc10

Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:55 pm

You must remember Zen and a few others on A.net love winding people up and they will keep doing it while people bight . Just ignore them and it will drive them mad

Remember however Be Happy littlevc10

Zkpilot

Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:57 pm

Quoting Zen100 (Reply 25):
I'm pretty disgusted at the level of western arrogrance and hypocrisry that is consistent in these threads. Link. http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PA0508/S00422.htm
Deal with it.

You quote one person who happens to be a politician (and the leader of her party no less) who talks absolute BS most of the time. If you had any knowledge about her you would know that she is barely even Maori and that one of her grandparents was American and the others were all part European but yet she likes to identify herself by the 5 or so % maori that she is.
As an aside in reference to your quoted article and as previously mentioned by myself, the maori race was heading for extinction (they were cannibals eating each other and dying out of disease etc) prior to Europeans arriving in New Zealand, so no you are wrong once again and talking about something to which you have very little if not no knowledge.

As for Singapore and Malaysia.... wow... you spent a whole 3 months there! (what was that doing? hanging out with your Al Qaeda buddies?) 3 months does not make you an expert on a place... why do you think Singapore is so careful about Malaysia? When you drive across the causeway from Malaysia to Singapore you have to go through metal detectors and have your bags scanned/searched to make sure you aren't some crazy person like yourself or your Al Qaeda buddies smuggling in explosives or guns (or the other people trying to bring in drugs).

have nothing to prove to you.
It's bit like saying all Western men are child molesters

no, not really its not, but you can keep on thinking whatever helps you sleep better at night.
64 types. 45 countries. 24 airlines.

AirPacific747

Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:03 pm

I have nothing to prove to you.
It's bit like saying all Western men are child molesters.

So all arab men are woman beaters, and Al Qaeda terrorists

[Edited 2006-06-15 16:09:09]

MaverickM11

Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:04 pm

Quoting Aircraft (Reply 3):
He needs to spend less time blowing sh*t up and more time at the dentist.

Word.

Quoting Zen100 (Reply 8):
Australia should behave, or it will be shut out of Asia by Malaysia.

Yes, more car bombs, less peacekeeping Silly

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 11):
Australia behave? for what? trying to protect our citizens? get a life.

...or trying to keep the peace anywhere and everywhere in the South Pacific.
I don't take responsibility at all

Zkpilot

Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:08 pm

Quoting AirPacific747 (Reply 65):
So all arabian men are woman beaters, and Al Qaeda terrorists

nice one about the first point... the 2nd point is true however...that is what Al Qaeda is.
64 types. 45 countries. 24 airlines.

AirPacific747

Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:10 pm

Quoting Zkpilot (Reply 67):
nice one about the first point... the 2nd point is true however...that is what Al Qaeda is.

checkmark   Wink

QANTASforever

Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:30 pm

Hahahaha, oh dear me. Former Prime Minister Mahathir Mohammad's discriminatory legacy lives on. His twisted views about Australian engagement with Asia give loonies like you, Zen a line to tow when it comes to discussions like these. Mahathir Mohammad was flippant, racist, and insecure about his own country. He felt an intense need to bring down other countries (namely Australia) to satisfy his ego. He is also a great hater of the United States and once said: "If innocent people who died in the attack on Afghanistan and those who have been dying from lack of food and medical care in Iraq are considered collaterals, are the 3,000 who died in New York, and the 200 in Bali also just collaterals whose deaths are necessary for operations to succeed?".

Out of interest, do you have a portrait of him hanging on your wall?

Quoting Zen100 (Reply 12):
If it doesn't then Malaysia will likely put it in its place and the effect for Australia in the region would be embarrassing.

What sort of power could Malaysia wield over Australia? It's not an economy of central importance financially, it isn't directly of military interest, nor does Malaysia satisfy some requirement of the Australian nation in terms of the provision of basic services. Could you possible mean ASEAN? If so, in this increasingly unilateral world, I think we'll survive.

Quoting Zen100 (Reply 18):
Australia, was in every way behind the East Timor violent movement against Indonesia. Now that East Timor is a basket case, you will have to deal with it yourselves.

You mean the peace keeping mission following the East Timorese decision to initiate a United Nations vote of self-determination, and later the mission to enforce the decision of the East Timorese to become an independent country? Or was this more generally just the fight to protect innocent East Timorese men, women, and children against murderous gangs coming from West Timor? I think you need to specify.

Quoting Zen100 (Reply 30):
You might get respected by Malaysia or Indonesia.

Indonesia treats us with respect, as we do them. Malayia's former Prime Minister was a fruit loop and wasn't worth the effort (you gotta love Paul Keating's famous "recalcitrant" line regarding the Malaysian PM). These days, now that sanity has somewhat returned to the Malaysian leadership, and they no longer seem to be so insecure in their own abilities and reputation, things are getting better.

We will not bend over backwards to gain the respect of Malaysia. We expect to work with that country and come to a situation where we're mutually respected.

Quoting Zen100 (Reply 30):
Malaysia is a highly respected country in Asia.

I guess so, your point?

Quoting LO231 (Reply 53):

Great point.

Maybe when it can grant land rights to the original inhabitants of that land

We have done that. Native title act, Mabo case.

where they can self determination

Aha! So you're against self determination for East Timorese, but you're for self determination for our indigenous people! Interesting. The East Timorese independence movement was long established, and signified the will of the majority of the people. At present, many remote indigenous communities have a high level of autonomy, and there is absolutely no mainstream or minority movement toward complete indigenous self-determination.

In short, you don't know what you're talking about, so shut up.

QFF
Fighting for the glory of the Australian Republic.

AirPacific747

Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:35 pm

Quoting QANTASFOREVER (Reply 69):

Brilliant post!

VHVXB
Topic Author

Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:37 pm

checkmark   checkmark   checkmark 
Well said QFF

Zen100

Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:47 pm

Quoting AirPacific747 (Reply 68):

You're plainly sick and racist.

Mahathir Mohammad

A great leader who has led his people on the path to development. Today his country is vibrant and propesous. A great country, i can personally attest to. And which no doubt will return back to very shortly.

What sort of power could Malaysia wield over Australia?

Quite a lot actually as one of the main leader in South East Asia. Malaysia weilds great influence over Indonesia, Singapore and Brunei.
Once Australia, has made up it's mind to be in Asia or out of it as America's lackeys, sooner or later it has to deal with Malaysia.

East Timor

It's a independent state. You rooted for it. Now that is 'free' and a basket case. It's your can now. Deal with it, don't cry over it.

So you're against self determination for East Timorese

Don't twist my words, it's there in plain english. East Timor is independent now. Indonesia has washed it's hand's of it. Good Ridannce.
Now to the matter of the Aborignies. When you're not stunning their growth or building liqour stores near their settlements. They like the East Timor, should have land restoration.

MaverickM11

Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:48 pm

Maybe when it can grant land rights to the original inhabitants of that land where they can self determination

I don't think anyone "proud" of their Muslim country has any right to chastise anyone on land rights or the rights of minorities.
I don't take responsibility at all

AirPacific747

Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:49 pm

Quoting Zen100 (Reply 72):

Excuses excuses. I'm a Zencist
You're the one who's sick! You started stereotyping. Why do you think we're all critizising you? You don't know what you're talking about. Yet you keep talking like you were an expert in this area and you're indirectly threatening Australia.
You really are from Al Qaeda, aren't you?

[Edited 2006-06-15 16:55:38]

Zen100

Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:52 pm

Quoting AirPacific747 (Reply 74):

Tell's me all I need to know about you. I'm done with you.

ProudQatari

AirPacific747

Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:53 pm

Quoting Zen100 (Reply 75):

Wasn't that what you said to me in the UAE thread?  Wink

VHVXB
Topic Author

Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:56 pm

Malaysia weilds great influence over Indonesia, Singapore and Brune

Well Singapore is a country which relies heavily on Australian because of the amount of FDI it has. What position is Malaysia in to influence Singapore??

VHOJC

Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:05 am

But your ignorant whats the difference

Concentrate on Switzerland. A country that benefits from other people's misery.

If it doesn't then Malaysia will likely put it in its place and the effect for Australia in the region would be embarrassing.

banghead 

AirPacific747

Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:12 am

It's bit like saying all Western men are child molesters.

hmmm  Wink

mandala499

Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:13 am

My question is why in the hell did Indonesia release this guy? Should we be considering Indonesia as a terrorist sponsor nation?
not to fussed about those comments from Bashir, i'm more annoyed that he got out of jail early for his crimes and our govt is now pandering to Indonesia by changing our immigration laws. it's the first time i've smelt cracks in the govt for a while, hope the opposition can capitilise on the disunity instead of having it turned around on them.

Nah, we ain't a terror sponsor nation... As an Indonesian and as a moderate muslim, I too wonder why on earth was he released in the first place? We all know this guy is nothing but trouble... the problem is... we do have laws... and laws don't get changed to lock up an outspoken guy (no matter how crazy he sounds)... As much as I like to see Ba'ashir remain in prison, from what I've heard is that the initial case against him was legally weak in the first place. A lot of what people know about him is the product of the media, sure he's not the devil, but he's not an angel either... but overall, his release could do more damage to my country...

What is interesting is, prior to 9/11 he had continuously denied his involvement with Al Qaeda and once stated he had refused to cooperate with them or even sympathise with them. But since 9/11, he seems to have changed sides and started leaning towards them... either by his own intentions or it was a product of the media... Leaving all that aside, I still think that this guy is a dangerous one and someone perhaps should try and find another case against him to bring him back.

Australia should behave in Asia.
Australia behave? wtf? when Indonesia had the Tsunami, who came to their aid? Australia.
Indonesia is not a bankrupt country; it doesn't depend on your benevolence.

As an Indonesian...
1. Australians do behave in Asia (apart from a few who are on the police "wanted" list).
2. When Indonesia had the Tsunami, who came to our aid? Australia... AND THE REST OF THE WORLD!... perhaps I should rewrite that to... When Indonesia had the Tsunami, who came to our aid? The world (including Australia)...
3. Australians form the largest expatriate community in Indonesia.

We're happy having Australia as a neighbour, a helpful one in most cases... but then, who expected relations between to countries to be 100% harmonious all the time? That's only for the dreamers...

yes well it wasn't prepared to assist its own citizens because they had previously wanted independance.

If you're talking about the Tsunami case... well, you should get your facts straight mate!
1. Aceh is 3hrs flight away from the capital.
2. The logistical infrastructure was damaged (harbour gone, airport damaged)
3. Most of the local government and civic structures were damaged in the affected areas.
4. Aceh is not a flat region... There are only three big roads leading to Banda Aceh... the North East, the Southwest, and the center... The North East goes through cities that were also damaged by the tsunami. The southwest was even more damaged. The center is a risky proposal and goes through many choke points...
5. The Free Aceh Movement (the so-called rebels for the Aceh people) did ZILCH in the tragedy... not even a PR move! Public sympathy in Aceh after the Tsunami went to an all time low, resulting in the peace treaty and the capitulation of the Free Aceh Army by diplomatic means...
6. No one expected the damage to be so severe! Initial estimates of 50,000 - 100,000 dead was soon meaningless... and the nation's emergency response mechanism simply was not designed to cater for such a scale.
7. Now if you think that Indonesia deliberately slowed down the aid mechanism and its logistics, perhaps you should have seen the mountains of ruined food, the clothes mountain dump that was not covered by the media (as it would make bad PR for the aid cause) because even the aid mechanism was overwhelmed by the amount of aid coming in! Then there is the flight permits dispensation given by the government to aid flights coming in to make the aid come quicker (The first time in Indonesian aviation history)...
8. The government organised the flow of volunteers extremely well by our historical standards... and there are still a sizeable force of volunteers there today!

Australia, was in every way behind the East Timor violent movement against Indonesia. Now that East Timor is a basket case, you will have to deal with it yourselves.

Errr... perhaps you forgot about Portugal being in the frame somewhere in those days... I agree with Cfalk in this one... Check your history... "As if the Indonesians never used violence on the Timorese... Check your history on what happened to the independent nation of East Timor in October 1975."

East Timor was it's on country until Indonesia invaded it in the 1970's and all they have ever wanted was independance. The violence against Indonesia occured as a result of Indonesia renegging on its promise to leave East Timor alone if they voted for independance, after which the UN mandated that Australia and other countries secure East Timor.
What I was referring to in regards to the Tsunami was Aceh Province in Indonesia where about 100,000 people died (half of which most likely due to the slow response of the Indonesian Government!).

You obviously forgot the civil war that preceded the invasion in 1975. Now, I was in Australia during the time Indonesia allowed the vote for independence and one member of the CNRT came up to me and said... "Great! First you stole our independence, and now you're selling us off to the Australians!"

So, what happened? Indonesians left, but were invited to come back to help build the new nation (yes, I too received an invitation by the CNRT person who made the above quote, on behalf of the then future Timorese govt.) Our current relations with East Timor is a good one and we respect them as a sovereign nation. Now, what did we renegged? Still having civilians there? They're there legally and we had to evacuate 2000 or more of them in the recent violence! Now if I go there again legally (possibly fulfilling the invitation if it hasn't expired yet), does that make Indonesia guilty of not leaving Timor alone?

So we are not allowed to tell the Indonesians to lock up a known terrorist, but they are allowed to tell us that we should not have set free 40 West Papuans from the toture the Indonesians were giving them.

Did you see the violence in Jayapura that lead to the 40 people fleeing to Australia? The police was there to control the crowd protesting at the local university. The police ended up retreating and having their squaddies killed brutally by 30cm rocks... the protesters were chasing them, the ones they caught were beaten to death or to severe injury by rocks brought down from the mountains... So much for a protest by university students! Why were the police not shooting back at them? BECAUSE THEY WERE ORDERED NOT TO! You should have seen the tv coverage of the riot... it was simply premeditated cold blooded killing!

Now, Australia has the same right to tell us to lock up Ba'ashir as it is for us to tell them to lock up those 40 people... I don't see what the fuss trying to make "Indonesia hates Australia" is about...

We contribute a lot to the Australian economy by sending tens of thousands of students there, and Australia contributes to our economy through its expats here, also in the tens of thousands...

If you like, send all of our students back and we'll send your expats home too... then we'll have to find places for those tens of thousands of students to study at, and you'll have to find tens of thousands of jobs for your expats we're returning home... Now, if that's what you want, go and write that to your local MP... I certainly won't write that to my MP...

You can dig up as many sins of Indonesia as we can dig up sins of Australia... nor NZ... or wherever... but then, is that what we want? Think wisely...

Zen doesn't really know anything about Australia judging from what he says in his posts
Add Indonesia, Singapore and East Timor to that list of countries... Despite his 3 month stay in Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore... perhaps add zkpilot to the list of persons to go in the front of the sentence too...

Now...

That IS a good one!

if we become a muslim nation or anymore of an outpost of the USA i'll gladly file my application for Greek citizenship. I don't mind multiculturalism but i'd not live here if this country turned into another Saudi Arabia.
Heck, I'd emigrate out of Indonesia if it becomes another Saudi Arabia...

Now if throwing Ba'shir into prison is difficult, wouldn't sending him to a mental institution be much easier?

Mandala499
When losing situational awareness, pray Cumulus Granitus isn't nearby !

VHOJC

Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:16 am

Quoting AirPacific747 (Reply 79):
hmmm

I noticed that too...  sarcastic 

solnabo

Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:26 am

Zen100:

"Australia should behave, or it will be shut out of Asia by Malaysia"!!!

You wanna see AUS go islam and have sharia laws like you Qatarians?

Dont think so. BTW Malaysia is only a pile of rock for a country, dont see them as a threat to AUS.

Micke//SWE  Yeah sure
Airbus SAS - Love them both

aloges

Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:29 am

Quoting AirPacific747 (Reply 74):
You really are from Al Qaeda, aren't you?

They found a couple of files in Iraq today, should be interesting!

Quoting AirPacific747 (Reply 76):
Quoting Zen100 (Reply 75):

Wasn't that what you said to me in the UAE thread?

When you're all done with each other, maybe you can meet up somewhere and have pork chops.

Malaysia weilds great influence over Indonesia, Singapore and Brunei.

Ah! So it's oh so terrible when those infidel Australians use their alleged influence, but it's great and God's gift if Malaysia does so? Hmmm... inferiority complex?

On a side note, have Cfalk, Solnabo and me ever before piled on one and the same guy?

[Edited 2006-06-15 17:32:48]
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

AirPacific747

Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:37 am

Quoting Aloges (Reply 83):
They found a couple of files in Iraq today, should be interesting!

I heard so too!

Quoting Aloges (Reply 83):
When you're all done with each other, maybe you can meet up somewhere and have pork chops.

Pork chops sounds fine to me! How about you Zen? You like pork?  Smile

[Edited 2006-06-15 17:38:02]

docpepz

Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:38 am

Oh Zen Zen Zen, please stop your patronising attitude towards Singapore and calling the country "Little Singapore" each time you refer to it. Little Singapore has 4.5 million residents which is significantly larger than Qatar I would imagine!

(Sorry I'm unaware of how to quote in posts, I suppose since I come from little worthless Singapore, but Zen did say the following Smile
===================================================
Qatari smuggling drugs through Singapore be released?

In all likelihood at this moment in time, I think they would cover up the issue.
Ensure it never get's to the media and then yes release him. Knowing something about Singapore as i do, with plenty of strings attached. Ie: Business. They are up our ass pretty much everyday here in the Gulf trying to curry favour, so in all likelihood yes.
============================================

In 1993 Singapore caned an American for vandalism. It didn't matter that Bill Clinton appealed and hated us after that. And the US was and continues to be our largerst foreign direct investor. So please don't for one moment think that if a Qatar national flouts the law in Singapore our judicial system would let him off. Also, Singapore's hanging of the Australian national probably killed SQ's chances of SYD-LAX (if there ever was a chance) so there..... the law is the law dear Zen.

And FYI, all countries do business with plenty of strings attached. This is called working in the national interest. You scractch your back I scratch yours. You give me something and I give you something in return. It can also be "Since you've given me all your 5th freedom rights through Singapore, why should I gve you any rights from Sydney to Los Angeles since we already have what we want?"

Does your government not work in your national interest and curry favour with whichever country has something to offer you? Are there not strings attached in ANY business transaction, as well as transcations between countries? For goodness sake, nations don't work in the name of charity alone! Even the church doesn't!

rjpieces

Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:39 am

Haha, I knew something was up when this thread had 83 replies!
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

VHOJC

Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:40 am

Quoting AirPacific747 (Reply 84):
Pork chops sounds fine to me! How about you Zen? You like pork?

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

mandala499

Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:41 am

Malaysia weilds great influence over Indonesia, Singapore and Brunei.

WHAT THE ?????? Let's put it this way, if we recall all our workers in Malaysia tomorrow, the country would grind to a halt for a few weeks! But as if that would happen... anyway, so?

It's a independent state. You rooted for it. Now that is 'free' and a basket case. It's your can now. Deal with it, don't cry over it.

As far as I know, they are dealing with it, and they're not crying over it...

Indonesia has washed it's hand's of it. Good Ridannce.

Good riddance and now have a potentially self destructive neighbour? I don't call that good riddance, I call that an event requiring us to offer help if it is needed (no... we won't invade this time round!)

mandala499

AirPacific747

Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:51 am

So there we have it. The insights from a Singaporean, Australians and an Indonesian.
Now Zen, let's hear it from your "expert" point of view

[Edited 2006-06-15 17:55:02]

airwave

Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:55 am

Quoting RJpieces (Reply 86):
Haha, I knew something was up when this thread had 83 replies!

checkmark  It's A.net's equivalent to flashing lights on the highway--everybody's gonna take a look at the carnage as they roll by.  Wink

Ahh, Zen, thank you so very much for a very good laugh this morning. Your blatant idiocy and anti-anti-you-and-your-preconceived-notions attitude is one for the books, even here on A.net, and that is saying something.  Smile I think everybody before me has completely counter-quoted you to death, so I shan't beat the dead horse any more. However...

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 40):
Quoting Zen100 (Reply 37):
Knowing something about Singapore as i do

Is there anything you are not an expert on?

Logic seems to be one.

Quoting Slider (Reply 50):
For those of you critical of Club Gitmo, this Bashir nutball is exactly why we have it---we lock them up.

checkmark  Of course, we're wrong when we do it, wrong when we don't.

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 59):

checkmark 

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 61):

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

Airwave  eyebrow 
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

mandala499

Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:02 am

On a side note, have Cfalk, Solnabo and me ever before piled on one and the same guy?
Hmm.... looks like it's an occasion to celebrate then...

I think he'd rather stay at home and watch infidel movies rather than sharing a table with haram food and infidels...

J/K

Mandala499

AirPacific747

Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:05 am

Quoting Mandala499 (Reply 91):
I think he'd rather stay at home and watch infidel movies rather than sharing a table with haram food and infidels...

rotfl 

rjpieces

Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:08 am

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 61):

LOL!!!
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

dan2002

Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:43 am

Quoting Mandala499 (Reply 91):

LOL, its been awhile since I have read a thread this blatantly hilarious and someone so incredibly asinine, racist, and stuck up, eh, its Zenitic.
A guy asks 'What's Punk?'. I kick over a trash can and its punk. He knocks over a trash can and its trendy.

Georgetown

Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:54 am

This is brilliant! Ever since Zen joined this site has been fantastic comedy!
Let's go Hoyas!

777236ER

Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:44 am

Looks like I've come into this one a bit too late  Sad.

But for the record, ditto with everyone other than Zen.
Your bone's got a little machine

Greyhound

Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:07 am

As far as quacks and loonies go, I think zen belongs in the same category as (anyone remember this guy? -->) lib_slayer.
29th, Let's Go!

kiwiandrew

Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:15 am

Quoting Greyhound (Reply 97):
As far as quacks and loonies go, I think zen belongs in the same category as (anyone remember this guy? -->) lib_slayer.

to be fair , if he is a quack and a loony that problem qualifies him to give an expert opinion on John Howard , who, let's face it , is no great shakes in the sanity ratings

slider

Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:55 am

Quoting Airwave (Reply 90):
Ahh, Zen, thank you so very much for a very good laugh this morning. Your blatant idiocy and anti-anti-you-and-your-preconceived-notions attitude is one for the books, even here on A.net, and that is saying something.

Quoting Greyhound (Reply 97):

I was thinking we hadn't seen a looney like this since B744F....  rotfl 

Crickets chirping....