Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

catholic2006
Topic Author

Homophobia From Homosexuals!

Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:58 pm

heyyyy y'all, it's ya boi chris hurre, and I am a homosexual. Yay!

Well now that that's behind us. I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT THAT!

So y'all r readin the topic of this forum. . .and yens r probably think that I'm bout to vent frustration on closet cases who won't come out, but instead make fun of other gay kids to cover up. Nawwww. . .they can take as much time as they need. I'm bout to hate on the open-about-it-homosexuals, but not all of them, just the ones that fit this description.

So, anyways. I was watching Next on MTV, cuz that is my show right thurre, on some real shit, and it was a gay episode, right? Well, the Nexter guy person was givin his intro and he was saying all these really arrogant things that were really pisses me off, but that's not the point. He basically said he wanted a guy like himself (which we all know doesn't work, u can't have two of the same types together. The laws of magnetivity would just go outta whack). Well, the competitor pplz gave their intros and then they were all on the bus together, and u kno how they do. Well, the first guy, Albert, went out and then when he left the other guys made fun of him and what not. Well, he met the Nexter guy and that guy kinda looked at him weird. Obviously Albert was a bottom and had a feminine side, but SO WHAT!!! Well, he said he was a cheerleader, then the Nexter guy (let's just call him Billy cuz that sounds like the name of an a**hole, cuz this guy was, but i forgot his real name) made him do a cheer, then he was like "NEXT, my sister is a cheerleader. . ." then albert left, and then Billy was like "Sorry, but that cheer was just way too queer." I'm like "HELLO!!!!! YOU'RE GAY, EXPECT THAT!!!"

My problem is that it seems like gay men between the ages of 16-27 are just downright dirty to each other and mean and hateful and basically do what our straight homophobic high schooler buddies do to us, in a way. It seems that 28+ they mature, and they start to see people as people, not oh, another obviously gay person.

I cannot stand going on myspace after myspace reading gay guys' profiles where they say stuff in the "about me" section like: Masculine gay guy here, I'm buff, I'm butch, you can't tell I'm gay, yada yada yada. First of all, being gay does not make you feminine, being straight doesn't make you masculine, that has to do with genetic make-up (distribution and rations of estrogen/progesterone vs testosterone). Then in the "Who I'd like to meet section" they have: No femmy flaming queers or fairies or queens. Talk about discrimination. I mean, I guess they can say that since they're gay, but don't say it like a homophobe would say it. Like, Gosh, I can't stand them at all.

I feel that gay people should stand together in these days. I don't think that other gay guys should try to set a strict standard for all homosexuals. There would be no diversity. It's really hurtful when homosexuals talk bad about the "typical" homosexual male. Well, hate to break it to ya, but just cuz someone is fem doesn't mean they're gay. Sure, there are almost NO feminine straight men, but how someone carries themselves should not determine how you think of that person. It should, but it shouldn't. Like you shouldn't be all like "ewww, i'd never date a flamer." That's being all about the look and the outer appearance.

Billy nexted another person, and the third or 4th person he had to go out with was someone he decided to NOT be a b*tch to, and I know why: Cuz of how he looked. He didn't look "gay" (even tho gay people don't have a look). Well they're talking on the bus, and Billy's like "So what kinds of guys do you usually go for?" The other guy was like "Nice ones, but I can't stand fairies and queens and all that feminine crap, like the other guy on the bus that you haven't met yet, he's in a pink polo and bright green shorts and tan and really flashy, it's just ughh (EVEN THO THAT'S THE SAME GUY YOU WERE MAKING OUT WITH TWO MINUTES AGO). I mean that's just like a girl, I could get a girl if I wanted to (arrogant)." (The good news however is that he did not accept the 2nd date, thank goodness. I would have nexted myself from Billy).

I'll admit, someone doesn't have to be attracted to feminine men, but don't discriminate against them. They still deserve to be treated like people and not accused of being gay wrong. They may be nice people. Yes, a lot of them are b*tches, but there are those everywhere. You can't always use the excuse "Since I'm gay, I'm attracted to men, manliness, and the typical male." Yes, that is what you are ATTRACTED to, not the only kinds of people you should let into your life. Even straight guys have friends that are girls! You can be just friends or acquaintenances. But it's really sad that a lot of "non-femininine" gay guys call other gay men out on the way they act.

Other homosexuals should accept that in the gay community, there are feminine gay men. It's not wrong for them to be feminine. Besides, if you aren't attracted to them, why comment on the fact that they're fem? Just like you want society to accept you, accept them too. Don't tell them they're too gay. I mean I've seen jocks treat fem guys better than non-femmy gay guys do. Also, stand up for them too. Don't be like "Well, it's your fault, u don't have to act like that. It's not attractive." A lot of men do find it attractive and 2nd of all, they can act how they please without being harassed for it. If it makes them feel comfortable then that should be all that matters. Also, maybe being attractive to other men is not their only goal in life so they prob aren't going to work at that all the time.

Another issue. It seems that all gay teens want is sex. I can't tell u how many IM's I get with teen guys sayin' "you're hott, let's meet up." I'm like you don't even know me!!!! Forget that I'm a person. Forget that I'm more than just a gay teen. I don't like how dehumanization has become a practice for young teenage males. (even tho it's moreso in gay communities than among straight teenage males, but y'all are guilty too, lol). They can't go into a relationship with another gay guy at their high school becuz of the way it will look. They can't even be friends. Yet, they do have fun on the side every now and then and then have long periods of time before they'll talk to each other again. They have it in their minds "Well, we don't have to be friends just cuz we're the only gay kids in the school." True, but why not??? It's something you have in common. You may be able to help each other. You don't have to be attracted to a gay guy just to be their friend. Besides, wait on the sex part anyways. Wait until you develop a relationship and there is trust and caring and love and a connection which usually takes around a year to develop. Straight people usually aren't too picky in high school with who they date, but gay guys put too much expectations on it, most of them physical and appearance related. Get to know him, u may be surprised.

Okay, this really bothers me. What is it with the whole gay bodybuilders only being attracted to other bodybuilders thing???? Are you that insecure with yourselves that you feel you can only be with someone else that looks like you? First of all, your choices wouldn't be so limited if you didn't do that to your bodies in the first place becuz that's really not healthy, and then others wouldn't be so turned off by you all nor scared to death. If you have more healthy looking bodies, then maybe more than just bodybuilders would be attracted to you. Besides, two gruffy guys can't go together. That's like having two straight guys or two straight girls. You need a dominant and submissive. Active and passive. No, the lower does not have to be feminine or whatever, but yeah. Two masculine masculine men just won't work out very well. However, two softer guys might do well together tho.

Also, to the femmy gay guys. You don't have to hate all the other femmy gay guys so that you can gain browny points with the straight homophobic guys.

You don't need to sleep with every gay guy you meet.

Now, I did generalize way to much as there are gay guys out there that are young that are very mature and logical and realistic in their thinkings and dealings with other people in general. There are femmy gay guys that are saints and angels that are wonderful to be around. There are gay guys that aren't sluts. There are gay guys who are seemingly "straight" that don't exile the rest of the gay community becuz of the popularity they have achieved amongst the straight community. There are exceptions to everything. But mostly what I'm seeing and experiencing as a high school homosexual was mentioned above. There are gay guys that are not stuck on physical appearances and there are gay teens that have awesome relationships that will last for years to come. This is not a hate or anything like that. I just want to know why gays put so many limitations on homosexuality. Let people be people and love or hate them becuz of how they treat you or for what they impress upon you, not becuz of how they look or act.

~chris~
Ne vous inquietez pas. Je ne vous hais pas . . . . encore, mais faites attention !

AeroWesty

RE: Homophobia From Homosexuals!

Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:11 pm

Quoting Catholic2006 (Thread starter):
I just want to know why gays put so many limitations on homosexuality.

Because you have to trash someone over cocktails.
International Homo of Mystery

yowza

Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:18 pm

I'm not sure I fully understood your point. Could you elaborate a little more and go into more depth and detail, this post was far too concise. Also if possible try to throw in a few more redundancies, colloquialisms and random punctuation it really gives your writing style flavour.

YOWza

searpqx

Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:30 pm

Um, kudos for coming out on A.net (I think?). Beyond that you've just regurgitated every gay stereotype out there. Yes, they exist, yes, it's irritating, but take a moment to look beyond it, and guess what, 99.5% of the gay community is as dull and boring as 99.99% (we've got Westy on our side, so we're ahead by .4%) of the straight community. Once you get beyond the HS years, and your slut puppy years, I think you'll see that. Don't play into the stereotypes that bother you, lead by example, and remember, at your age, life is nothing but stereotypes, both gay and straight. It'll change, trust me.
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity"

jaysit

Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:31 pm

Embrace your inner fem, trannie, leather daddy, bearcub, twink, gym queen.

Have I left out anyone?

Oh, yes, expunge your inner Mary Cheney. Exorcise your inner Jeff Gannon.
Atheism is Myth Understood.

ManuCH

Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:33 pm

OK, I'll try to give a serious answer to that one (but please, make it easier to read next time).

Especially among teenagers, it's normal to bash others. Whether they're heterosexual or homosexual doesn't matter. People, especially in the age group you mention, like making fun of others.

The concept of "we're gay, therefore we should stand together" starts to appear only later in life - and doesn't always make sense, either. Only because we are a minority doesn't mean that all gays are "good guys". If I may use a more colloquial way of expressing it, "there are gay idiots" - duh.

In other words, would you watch a "guy finds girl" TV show you'd find exactly the same intolerance. "I don't like that guy because he's fat" or "I don't like that girl because she's tattooed". The fact of being gay doesn't turn a person into an angelic being who never says anything bad of anyone else.

Discrimination and intolerance is bad, but the events you mention are superficial. Feminine or not, to each his type. You can't force everyone to be friends to everyone else.

-Manuel
Never trust a statistic you didn't fake yourself

AeroWesty

Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:36 pm

Quoting Searpqx (Reply 3):
It'll change, trust me.

It does! You know it's happened when the person next to you says, "I'm gonna go get me some chicken", and it means from the Sunday Buffet at the bathhouse.

searpqx

Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:40 pm

Ain't gonna touch that one with a 10-foot pole (or the chicken for that matter! YECH!)

catholic2006
Topic Author

Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:40 pm

Well basically I wanted to know why teen gays are so critical towards each other?

A lot of teen gays seem to be really hurtful to one another and criticize each other more than trying to find things in common and make friends.

It seems that if gay teens come out in high school, they stay away from the other gay kids I guess to protect themselves from harsher harassment. They know who each other are and everything, but it seems they talk more about each other than to each other.

Too many gay teens whine to their friends about other gay people:

"Why do they have to act like that? That's the reason everyone hates gay people, because of how they act"

"What a flamer. He's worse than my sister."

"Okay, he acts way too gay. . ."

Yep, those are things that the GAY kids say about the other gay kids. It's just wrong. They are making it sound like it's not okay for a gay teenager to demonstrate effeminate behavior.

A lot of non-feminine gay teens find themselves superior to their less-testosterone-driven homosexual peers. They resort to bashing the other gay teens in their school to the straight jocks and stuff that accept them to make themselves appear more "normal" and like they don't identify at all with their homosexuality. That's ridiculous.

It's like in the eyes of gay teens even, homosexuality or evidence of homosexuality is a bad thing, and they express that about their gay peers.

In short, that's what I was trying to say.

~chris~
Ne vous inquietez pas. Je ne vous hais pas . . . . encore, mais faites attention !

AeroWesty

Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:41 pm

Quoting Searpqx (Reply 7):
10-foot pole

Flirt!

jumpseatflyer

Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:41 pm

Having worked with older gay guys (restaurant scene), it definately seems absent as age increases. My same-aged (19) gay friend, however, displays a lot of angst for other gays (another other friend who came out first). Yeah, I went to an all guys high school. It shouldn't have been a shock.

It's normal.

[Edited 2006-07-12 07:47:34]

ManuCH

Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:44 pm

Quoting Catholic2006 (Reply 8):
A lot of non-feminine gay teens find themselves superior to their less-testosterone-driven homosexual peers.

That's because they are teens. The same thing happens among straight guys: they make fun of each other. In that age, some gays haven't 100% accepted the fact that they're gay yet, and the fact of picking on others is part of some psychological self-defense mechanism (sorry, no source). It will eventually fade with age.

-Manuel

catholic2006
Topic Author

Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:49 pm

Quoting ManuCH (Reply 5):
Discrimination and intolerance is bad, but the events you mention are superficial. Feminine or not, to each his type. You can't force everyone to be friends to everyone else.

tru dat tru dat tru dat, but I don't think they should hate each other either and view each other like "oh they'll make my reputation worse. . ." I do realize that some people just don't click at all. Like the straight nerd would have no interest whatsoever in being friends with the straight quarterback, but they shouldn't like act like each other doens't exist either. They should still be respectful to one another.

But since gay teens in high school are a very big minorirty (is that an oxymoron kinda?) I think they should make some kinda connection with each other.

Quoting Searpqx (Reply 3):
Don't play into the stereotypes that bother you, lead by example, and remember, at your age, life is nothing but stereotypes, both gay and straight. It'll change, trust me.

I kno what u mean, cuz i have some stereotypes of my own, but I do hope it gets better. I can't stand these foolz.

~chris~

catholic2006
Topic Author

Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:54 pm

Quoting ManuCH (Reply 11):
That's because they are teens. The same thing happens among straight guys: they make fun of each other. In that age, some gays haven't 100% accepted the fact that they're gay yet, and the fact of picking on others is part of some psychological self-defense mechanism (sorry, no source). It will eventually fade with age.

To be honest, I never understood that part. I never, EVER felt any pleasure for calling someone out on their personal businesses or shortcomings or embarrassing things or whatever. So I don't do it very much. I usually just get smart with pplz and cuss them out, lol, but I try not to make anything too personal. I just don't see how someone can feel better from making someone else look like they're nothing. I think harassment is ugly. Having experienced it (I went to an all-white school in a hick town for 4 years), it isn't pretty. So maybe that's why I am sensitive to it.

Also, I agree that they haven't fully accepted it. I do feel that people should take as much time as they need to come out.

~chris~

searpqx

Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:55 pm

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 9):
Flirt!

Must. . Resist. . Urge. . .Bad. . . Pun. . . .Banned. . .  Big grin

Catholic2006
You as a valid question, but as ManuCH says, it really is about age. Teens are vicious to their peers in general. Gay teens not only have that social dynamic going on, they've got the added burden of facing social rejection because of their sexuality. Nothing is more important in High School than fitting in. Nothing fits in less than a flaming queen. So for those gay teens that are tryng to juggle their sexuality while finding their place within the HS social order, a feminine gay is a major threat, and they lash out. I'm not defending it or saying its right, but the cause is understandable. Again, it may be little comfort now, but with 3-4 years it'll fade.

ManuCH

Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:55 pm

Quoting Catholic2006 (Reply 12):
But since gay teens in high school are a very big minorirty (is that an oxymoron kinda?) I think they should make some kinda connection with each other.

Yes, basically you are correct. But for some reason it doesn't work like that. Teens, gay or straight doesn't matter, can be quite mean to each other. It's always been like that.

You can't change those things. In teen years, caring about your own image and picking on others is more important than sticking together because you're gay. It's part of how life evolves in society I guess ...

-Manuel

max999

Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:44 pm

Honey, I can sum this up in two words for you...internalized homophobia.

Many of the guys you describe want to date 'non-feminine' because it makes them look 'less' gay in their own eyes. They might be out of the closet, but at the same time they are too immature to deal with how other people think of their sexual orientation.
All the things I really like to do are either immoral, illegal, or fattening.

tootallsd

Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:54 pm

Just remind yourself, if we waited for the butch, straight-acting, leather daddies to stand up for our rights, and not drag queens, I think we might still be waiting for Stonewall to happen.

IMHO of course.

Suggest all interested join the San Diego LGBT community at the end of July in our celebration of Pride. Great 3 day festival! And you get to fly into SAN!

jaysit

Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:06 am

A lot of non-feminine gay teens find themselves superior to their less-testosterone-driven homosexual peers. They resort to bashing the other gay teens in their school to the straight jocks and stuff that accept them to make themselves appear more "normal" and like they don't identify at all with their homosexuality.

Yes, indeed.

One of the common terms used to describe oneself in the gay community is "straight acting." To which I say, how "straight acting" are you exactly when you're on your knees smoking my sausage? You can be a Navy Seal or Football star or Tom Cruise, but if you like dick, you're not "straight acting." When straights "act," they don't go down on each other. They get drunk, watch football and chase skirt.

Queers are really full of it.

planespotting

Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:01 am

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 1):

Because you have to trash someone over cocktails.

rotfl 
Do you like movies about gladiators?

AeroWesty

Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:27 am

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 18):
To which I say, how "straight acting" are you exactly when you're on your knees smoking my sausage?

LOL!! I've never understood that either. Like it's going to get them chicks on the Castro?

trav110

Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:42 am

Quoting Max999 (Reply 16):
Many of the guys you describe want to date 'non-feminine' because it makes them look 'less' gay in their own eyes. They might be out of the closet, but at the same time they are too immature to deal with how other people think of their sexual orientation.

I'm sorry? I don't date feminine guys because I'm rarely ever interested in the things they are. I don't care about shopping, and I could give a rats ass about Paris Hilton. I realize this is a generalization of feminine homos' interests, but with many such a generalization wouldn't be far off.

Most of my favorite things to do happen to fall along what a straight person would "usually" do. It's as simple as that. I don't talk about fem guys behind their backs, I don't put them down, I don't associate with them, I have nothing to do with them. Frankly, I don't care about them. I don't find them appealing, and it's nothing to do with how secure I am about my sexuality.

[Edited 2006-07-12 20:46:22]

halls120

Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:45 am

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 20):
To which I say, how "straight acting" are you exactly when you're on your knees smoking my sausage?

LOL!! I've never understood that either. Like it's going to get them chicks on the Castro?

I sure hope not. I've seen the women in the Castro, and...well, it isn't a pretty sight.  biggrin 
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

adh214

Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:57 am

This is all very normal and annoying. Most people grow out of it. However, there are always some 40 and 50 year olds acting like twinkies at the bars on the weekend. Don't get me started on the A-gay types that want to spend their whole time talking about their BMW or Mercedes. I always want to tell these guys "it is OK people will like you if you are just an interesting person."

I agree that the gay community generally needs to work on accepting themselves. There is a great deal of "felt inferiority" in the community.

VSlover

Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:21 am

Quoting Adh214 (Reply 23):
A-gay types that want to spend their whole time talking about their BMW or Mercedes. I always want to tell these guys "it is OK people will like you if you are just an interesting person."

but i AM interesting because of my bmw.

what?

Yeah sure

jaysit

Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:32 am

Quoting Trav110 (Reply 21):
I don't care about shopping, and I could give a rats ass about Paris Hilton. I realize this is a generalization of feminine homos' interests, but with many such a generalization wouldn't be far off.

You mean you aren't into $ 300 jeans, $ 50 chiclet pixie Tshirts, and hair product?

The fembot twinks have it in for you.

I've come to observe that conversations between pixie fembot twinks (and related species) use just the following words and phrases: Noooooo!, Reaaally?, OMG!!!, Heeeeyyyyy, "How thirrrd world !!", Awwwwsum, HOTTTT, Noo waaaay, welll grrrrrls, and "Grey Goooose, of cawsss". Using just this limited lexicon, fembot twinks can discuss everything they need - fashion, boys, fashion, boys.

catholic2006
Topic Author

Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:33 am

Quoting Max999 (Reply 16):

I understand why it's hard to just try and stick up for yourself, but there are other ways to relieve the pain. Harassment is never acceptable I believe. You shouldn't have to really defend your sexual orientation.

One of the common terms used to describe oneself in the gay community is "straight acting." To which I say, how "straight acting" are you exactly when you're on your knees smoking my sausage? You can be a Navy Seal or Football star or Tom Cruise, but if you like dick, you're not "straight acting." When straights "act," they don't go down on each other. They get drunk, watch football and chase skirt.

I LOVE YOU!!! according to me, u can't act straight or gay because they are sexualities not personalities. And I totally agree with you. They can't be gay in one sense and be not gay in every other....hellz to da no.

Quoting Trav110 (Reply 21):
I'm sorry? I don't date feminine guys because I'm rarely ever interested in the things they are. I don't care about shopping, and I could give a rats ass about Paris Hilton. I realize this is a generalization of feminine homos' interests, but with many such a generalization wouldn't be far off.

Most of my favorite things to do happen to fall along what a straight person would "usually" do. It's as simple as that. I don't talk about fem guys behind their backs, I don't put them down, I don't associate with them, I have nothing to do with them. Frankly, I don't care about them. I don't find them appealing, and it's nothing to do with how secure I am about my sexuality.

Well dude (even tho i hate that word, but it goes well in this case), that is your choice. It's not really a nice one and it's kinda prejudiced. You don't have to have stuff in common with someone to be around them or to talk to them. And they don't have to be sexy to you in order for you to give them the time of day. Not every guy a gay man sees has to be hott in order for him to be acknowleged or around. Do you stay away from girls too becuz they like some of those things, or do you only hang around butch girls? I mean, it's your choice and you will do what you want in the end, but it's not very mature, although I am glad that you don't stay away from feminine homosexuals for the look of it. Alas, I guess some people just don't grow out of it.

Quoting Adh214 (Reply 23):
I agree that the gay community generally needs to work on accepting themselves. There is a great deal of "felt inferiority" in the community.

True. I have accepted it, but never really rejected it, well I did, but I didn't have the "by the book protocol" for coming out, mine was weird. You meet some great people out there by just letting people be themselves, and sometimes you meet freaking a's, but you never know until. . . .

Wow, if the whole world thought Like me. . .nevermind, cuz the end of this conditional phrase would not be totally positive, hahahahahahahahaha.

~chris~

Thank you to everyone for your positive feedbacks.

ScarletHarlot

Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:42 am

WTF happened to you while you were gone? Aren't you the kid who insisted that masturbation was evil? And you used to write semi-normally...

Quoting Catholic2006 (Reply 26):
hellz to da no

Who the heck are you, Whitney Houston?!?
But that was when I ruled the world

catholic2006
Topic Author

Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:52 am

Who is u and how does u be knowin me???

~chris~

AC773

Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:10 am

Quoting ScarletHarlot (Reply 27):
WTF happened to you while you were gone? Aren't you the kid who insisted that masturbation was evil? And you used to write semi-normally...

No, I think that was someone else yapping about masturbation. As for the writing, it did used to be "semi-normal". See below:

Quote:
I also STRONGLY believe that sex should be saved for marriages validated by God. If a woman is raped, I do not feel that she should take it out on her baby. She could give it to a orphanage or put him/her up for adoption. I just don't think she should try to rid herself of the memory of that terrible occassion by MURDERING!!!! It just doesn't seem fit or in accordance with the 10 Commandments!!

Seems lately he's been taking language instruction from GulfstreamGirl.  silly 

BTW Catholic2006, please give a little more thought to your grammar. It takes next to no time, and it greatly improves readability. Thanks.  Smile
Better to be nouveau than never to have been riche at all.

pwm2txlhopper

Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:12 am

heyyyy y'all, it's ya boi chris hurre, and I am a homosexual. Yay!

Well now that that's behind us. I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT THAT!

So y'all r readin the topic of this forum. . .and yens r probably think that I'm bout to vent frustration on closet cases who won't come out, but instead make fun of other gay kids to cover up. Nawwww. . .they can take as much time as they need. I'm bout to hate on the open-about-it-homosexuals, but not all of them, just the ones that fit this description.

So, anyways. I was watching Next on MTV, cuz that is my show right thurre, on some real shit, and it was a gay episode, right? Well, the Nexter guy person was givin his intro and he was saying all these really arrogant things that were really pisses me off, but that's not the point. He basically said he wanted a guy like himself (which we all know doesn't work, u can't have two of the same types together. The laws of magnetivity would just go outta whack). Well, the competitor pplz gave their intros and then they were all on the bus together, and u kno how they do. Well, the first guy, Albert, went out and then when he left the other guys made fun of him and what not. Well, he met the Nexter guy and that guy kinda looked at him weird. Obviously Albert was a bottom and had a feminine side, but SO WHAT!!! Well, he said he was a cheerleader, then the Nexter guy (let's just call him Billy cuz that sounds like the name of an a**hole, cuz this guy was, but i forgot his real name) made him do a cheer, then he was like "NEXT, my sister is a cheerleader. . ." then albert left, and then Billy was like "Sorry, but that cheer was just way too queer." I'm like "HELLO!!!!! YOU'RE GAY, EXPECT THAT!!!".......................

Is this Ebonics?

Airliners.net Discussion Forum Terms and Conditions

2. As this is an international website, messages should be written in English. An occasional "Hello" or "How are you?" in French, Swahili or any other language is however permitted.

[Edited 2006-07-13 02:13:41]

777236ER

Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:16 am

http://www.myspace.com/labougie1732

I think we should be a bit careful here.
Your bone's got a little machine

AeroWesty

Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:18 am

Quoting 777236ER (Reply 31):

Careful of what? He's of legal age.

AC773

Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:21 am

Quoting 777236ER (Reply 31):

I second that.  checkmark 
Better to be nouveau than never to have been riche at all.

777236ER

Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:26 am

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 32):

Careful of what? He's of legal age.

He might have an eating disorder, talks about suicide, is a gay Catholic, is confused about religion, hates his parents, could be lying about his age, could be attention seeking etc.

Best not to touch this one with a barge pole.

AeroWesty

Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:32 am

Quoting 777236ER (Reply 34):
Best not to touch this one with a barge pole.

So what are you asking people to do when someone opens up and says, "I don't get this, can you explain it to me?" Tell them to stick it?

777236ER

Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:42 am

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 35):
So what are you asking people to do when someone opens up and says, "I don't get this, can you explain it to me?"

This isn't really the best place to get advice.

AeroWesty

Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:46 am

Excuse us, Catholic2006, while we talk about you in front of your back.  Wink

Quoting 777236ER (Reply 36):
This isn't really the best place to get advice.

On how to deal with a bunch of gay boys in high school? From a quick survey of the membership here, it's probably the best place to look for advice. Too bad they haven't spoken up yet.

luv2fly

Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:55 am

Quoting Catholic2006 (Reply 12):
I kno what u mean, cuz i have some stereotypes of my own, but I do hope it gets better. I can't stand these foolz.

Alex, I'll take Gay wanna be rappers for $200!
You can cut the irony with a knife

luv2fly

Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:57 am

Quoting PWM2TXLHopper (Reply 30):
Is this Ebonics?

Way to funny!
You can cut the irony with a knife

bhmbaglock

Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:40 am

Another issue. It seems that all gay teens want is sex.

And this is different from straight teens how?

A lot of teen gays seem to be really hurtful to one another and criticize each other more than trying to find things in common and make friends.

"in" groups of teenage girls are the real pros in this department. Either way it's not pretty from the outside.

Too many gay teens whine to their friends about other gay people:

See above re teenage girls.

Quoting Catholic2006 (Reply 13):
I never, EVER felt any pleasure for calling someone out on their personal businesses or shortcomings or embarrassing things or whatever.

I was the same way but unfortunately it doesn't change the behavior of others. Just let it roll off of you.

Quoting AC773 (Reply 29):
Seems lately he's been taking language instruction from GulfstreamGirl. silly

or the Coz
Where are all of my respected members going?

JAGflyer

Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:42 am

I really hate the term homoPHOBIA. Just because someone doesn't like or approve of gay/lesbian relationships or people doesn't mean they are frightened or scared of them. Phobia implies FEAR but just because someone is homoPHOBIC doesn't mean they are fearful of gays/lesbians.
If you flew today, thank a Flight Dispatcher!

B747_A340

Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:54 am

Quoting BHMBAGLOCK (Reply 41):
And this is different from straight teens how?

I think this is a bit heightened by the whole "coming out" experience. I think (and I speak for myself here) in high school you might be a bit sluttier than your straight friends because you are discovering a lot of things about yourself. I can truthfully I had more sexual partners between the ages of 16 and 19 than my straight friends did.

Quoting JAGflyer (Reply 42):
I really hate the term homoPHOBIA. Just because someone doesn't like or approve of gay/lesbian relationships or people doesn't mean they are frightened or scared of them. Phobia implies FEAR but just because someone is homoPHOBIC doesn't mean they are fearful of gays/lesbians.

This has to do with the fluidity of language. Originally the term was coined to denote the historical "fear" that heterosexual people had towards anything homosexual. After all, a lot of people still "fear" "the gays" because apparently all of us have Aids or STDs...

While it is true that most people don't fear gay people anymore, the term is an established term already and you can't really chance the term for homophobia every couple of years as its meaning shifts...
God, please save me from your followers!

bhmbaglock

Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:10 pm

Quoting B747_A340 (Reply 43):
I think this is a bit heightened by the whole "coming out" experience. I think (and I speak for myself here) in high school you might be a bit sluttier than your straight friends because you are discovering a lot of things about yourself. I can truthfully I had more sexual partners between the ages of 16 and 19 than my straight friends did.

Can't argue with your statement - I'm sure it's all true. However, Catholic Boy was talking about desire and you're talking about action.
Where are all of my respected members going?

B747_A340

Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:21 pm

Quoting BHMBAGLOCK (Reply 44):
However, Catholic Boy was talking about desire and you're talking about action.

Lemme phrase is better... you might desire physical interaction more than emotional interaction because you are still trying to figure stuff out. To straight people it is mostly a giving that they are sexually attracted to the other gender, while to a gay person it is more of a "journey" which seems to start with physical stuff and eventually moving on to an emotional level (at least from what I have seen)
God, please save me from your followers!

catholic2006
Topic Author

Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:44 pm

I am really not offending, so go ahead and keep making fun of me for being gay, I really don't care, i kno who i am......

Just chill and b cool.

~chris~

ScarletHarlot

Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:19 pm

Dude, nobody's making fun of you for being gay. You're being made fun of because you left for some period of time and came back talking all weird. It's like you took a...well, to reuse the image, a Bobby Brown pill or something.
But that was when I ruled the world

ManuCH

Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:34 pm

Quoting JAGflyer (Reply 42):
Just because someone doesn't like or approve of gay/lesbian relationships or people doesn't mean they are frightened or scared of them. Phobia implies FEAR but just because someone is homoPHOBIC doesn't mean they are fearful of gays/lesbians.

I hate to disagree, but according to - guess who - Merriam-Webster, homophobia is defined as "irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals".

Not only because a word contains "phobia" it must necessarily only mean it has to do with fear (eventhough originally and etymologically this was the case).

-Manuel

catholic2006
Topic Author

Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:39 pm

HOW AM I TALKING WEIRD??????????? lol

I agree with Manuel, and the dictionary, also, the homophobia from these homosexuals kinda does translate to them being scared of them.

~chris~

trav110

Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:46 pm

Quoting Catholic2006 (Reply 26):

Well dude (even tho i hate that word, but it goes well in this case), that is your choice. It's not really a nice one and it's kinda prejudiced. You don't have to have stuff in common with someone to be around them or to talk to them. And they don't have to be sexy to you in order for you to give them the time of day. Not every guy a gay man sees has to be hott in order for him to be acknowleged or around. Do you stay away from girls too becuz they like some of those things, or do you only hang around butch girls? I mean, it's your choice and you will do what you want in the end, but it's not very mature, although I am glad that you don't stay away from feminine homosexuals for the look of it. Alas, I guess some people just don't grow out of it.

Excuse me? Where in my post did I say that someone has to be "hott" to be acknowledged? I also never said they had to be sexy. I said appealing, which could mean a broad range of things, buddy. And I have few female friends, but many female acquaintences. I don't grow out of it? Grow out of WHAT? I think you need to work on interpreting what people say, and not jump to conclusions as you have so many times in this thread.  Yeah sure