qr332

RE: Let's All Change Our Flags To Lebanon

Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:40 am

Quoting Asbg (Reply 20):
So you're saying it's ok that Hezbollah shoots mortars on Israeli towns? This morning a woman was killed from the attack and others injured.

Israel has to be the nation that has coined propoganda to its fullest. Tell us, Asbg, WHY did Hizbollah shell the Israeli towns? It was in response to the shelling of southern Lebanese towns, BEY, the killing of over 40 civilians, and hitting the Manar TV station.

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 76):
But it's nice to see sso many of you are firmly in the THI camp.

Nice to see you fully support indiscriminate killing and responding to military actions by hitting civlian targets. Finally we see your true colours, Falcon.

Quoting L410Turbolet (Reply 92):
What I meant was that I see no reason to support Lebanon for its leniency (tacit support?) to get rid of Hizbollah, effectivelly allowing them free reign and terrorist activities.

What terrorist activities are you referring to? Hizbollah does not target civilians (unlike the IDF), and they have support from most of the Lebanese people for a very good reason - they are one of the main reasons for Israel pulling out in 2000, and they have resisted Israeli monstrosity in Lebanon like no other faction has dared to. Hizbollah has to be the one faction that has done the most for Lebanon.
"The greatest threat to knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

deltadc9

Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:40 am

Quoting Aloges (Reply 38):
So why did no one bomb Saudi Arabia after the 9/11 attacks? Most of the highjackers were from that country.

Clearly different circumstances.

Quoting YAK42 (Reply 58):
France or some large ally of Lebanon should start with bombing TLV and any other airports in the state.

France against Israel? That would be another entry in France's loss column.

Dont forget, Israel has a few allies of their own.

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 85):
And yet you AGREE that Tehran pulls the strings "behind the curtain" for Hezbollah, and you don't demand they do anything? Why so hypocritical? And if that's the case, maybe Israel has every right to bomb Iran, and let them know that they're serious about stopping these kidnappings and acts of terrorism against Israel.

What utter, two-faced hypocrisy.

Just checked the temp in hell, quite frosty. I agree with everything you have posted in this thread.

Quoting Cedars747 (Reply 87):
In all cases CIVILIAN TARGETS are not the right response to that !

Wrong.

Once you rule out possible targets, those targets become refuge. You cannot have a successful military operation when you provide shelter for the enemy at the same time. Please! Terrorist are the first ones to use civilians as shields.

This is exactly why the government of Lebanon is responsible, they put their own civilians in the line of fire by not combating and controlling terrorism within their borders.
Dont take life too seriously because you will never get out of it alive - Bugs Bunny

rjpieces

Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:46 am

Quoting DeltaDC9 (Reply 101):
France against Israel? That would be another entry in France's loss column.

Haha, how sad for France that this is true...
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

BigOrange

Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:50 am

Quoting Asbg (Reply 20):
So you're saying it's ok that Hezbollah shoots mortars on Israeli towns? This morning a woman was killed from the attack and others injured.

No it's not OK, but neither is what Israel is doing!

Quoting Asbg (Reply 23):
It's not fair to punish the Israelis during their summer vacation and especially when there is a sudden boost in tourism. Why dont you shake you government so they dimantle Hezbollah. I really believe both Israel and Lebanon will gain from that

Has Israel never heard of diplomacy? You don't see other countries launching missiles to avenge a kidnapping. That's like using a hammer to crack a nut.

Quoting Aloges (Reply 38):
I hope you won't have to eat your words. Israel started this episode of war after which would otherwise have gone down so differently. Of course Israel has every right to defend itself and crack down (hard) on Hizbollah, but what the fuck is blocking ports and bombing airports and bridges supposed to be good for?!?

Well said Aloges and welcome to my respected users list!

Quoting DL021 (Reply 40):
Because Saudi Arabian government offered immediate support to round up terrorists and cooperate with us in the war on terror

Sorry Ian, got to disagree there. IMHO, there's a lot more to the US/Saudia arrangement than most of us know.

L410Turbolet

Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:54 am

Quoting QR332 (Reply 100):
What terrorist activities are you referring to?

WHY did Hizbollah shell the Israeli towns?

Hizbollah does not target civilians

You seem to be contradicting yourself, but don't worry I know that those generally accepted as terrorists are considered heroes by you.

have support from most of the Lebanese people for a very good reason

If it is indeed as you claim, then they should be also ready to live with the consequences of supporting terrorists. Just like your compatriots in Palestine.

qr332

Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:00 am

What, i'm supposed to be worried about what the likes of you think? Trust me, I really don't care about what blind supporters of Israel who support the killing of Arab civilians such as you, RJ and Falcon think.

And you still didn't show me any evidence of what makes Hizbollah a terrorist organisation - I want to see how it targets civilians, where, when and bombings it has carried out. If you have such a strong case, where is the evidence?
"The greatest threat to knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

halls120

Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:03 am

Quoting MichiganMAN (Reply 99):
A lot of the USA contingent on this thread are obviously siding with Israel due to many reasons, terrorism is a dirty word right now.........but when americans were funnelling money left right and center to the IRA in the 70's and 80's I don't think they'd have taken too kindly to the RAF bombing JFK or LAX.

We wouldn't have liked it, because the proper target would have been Boston Logan, since that's the part of the country where most of the IRA financial support came from.  duck 
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

Falcon84

Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:04 am

Quoting QR332 (Reply 105):
What, i'm supposed to be worried about what the likes of you think? Trust me, I really don't care about what blind supporters of Israel who support the killing of Arab civilians such as you, RJ and Falcon think.

Conversely, QR, I don't care what blind supporters of terrorism think, either. I'll support whom I want to support. You support the killing of Jewish civilians.

I support Israel's right to exist. These are just new challenges by the terrorists, who have never learned. if it spreads, you can think them.

Oh, and you better find a place hide, then, QR. I hope, despite what I think of the terrorists, and your tacit support of them, that the Good Lord protects you and yours if it does get worse.

And you still didn't show me any evidence of what makes Hizbollah a terrorist organisation - I want to see how it targets civilians, where, when and bombings it has carried out. If you have such a strong case, where is the evidence?

The evidence is in their history. You just don't want to believe it. The fact they kidnapped these soldiers is evidence enough.
Work Right, Fly Hard

deltagator

Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:06 am

You're joking right? They are the political arm of an avowed terrorist group. They target civilians every day with their homicide bombings and mortar launches across the border. Grow up and realize they are a terrorist organization. Oh wait...RTE hasn't confirmed the link that everyone else has so folks like you and Yak42 don't believe it.  Wink
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

MichiganMAN

Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:10 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 108):
You're joking right? They are the political arm of an avowed terrorist group. They target civilians every day with their homicide bombings and mortar launches across the border. Grow up and realize they are a terrorist organization. Oh wait...RTE hasn't confirmed the link that everyone else has so folks like you and Yak42 don't believe it.

so were you proud when Gerry Adams was welcomed into the White House?

short memories.
UK -> USA

qr332

Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:14 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 107):
Conversely, QR, I don't care what blind supporters of terrorism think, either. I'll support whom I want to support. You support the killing of Jewish civilians.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree... the recent actions speak much louder than words, and the fact that you still support Israel despite what they have done says a lot about you.

I support Israel's right to exist. These are just new challenges by the terrorists, who have never learned. if it spreads, you can think them.

Oh, and you better find a place hide, then, QR. I hope, despite what I think of the terrorists, and your tacit support of them, that the Good Lord protects you and yours if it does get worse.

The most recent actions are not even remotley terrorist actions. They targeted purley military targets, kidnapped two soldiers, and everything was completley legitimate. The attacks on north Israel were in response to Israeli attacks on Lebanon, and are completley justified.

And thank you for that, Falcon, but I am actually in Minnesota now... even if something does happen, I am in the Arabian Gulf, far away from all the action.

The evidence is in their history. You just don't want to believe it. The fact they kidnapped these soldiers is evidence enough.

Show me. Prove it. The kidnaps are not terrorist actions, they are an attack on the Israeli military.

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 108):
You're joking right? They are the political arm of an avowed terrorist group. They target civilians every day with their homicide bombings and mortar launches across the border. Grow up and realize they are a terrorist organization. Oh wait...RTE hasn't confirmed the link that everyone else has so folks like you and Yak42 don't believe it.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? The fact that you are saying homicide bombings speaks volumes... first of all, Hizbollah's methods do not include suicide bombings, it is not their style and they do not indiscriminatley attack civilians. Secondly, they do not launch mortars across the border, they hit Israeli military sites in the Shebaa Farms (a disputed territory), and a lot of the time it is in response to Israeli aircraft overflying Beirut, or doing other provocative actions. And, Delta, where is the damn evidence? Prove it, show me some sources.

aloges

Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:14 am

Quoting DL021 (Reply 96):
OK...so identify their course....

Surgical strikes.. employing Mossad... I should think they have options the general public doesn't know everything about, right?

Second, why am I not supposed to criticise some of the policies of a democratic country without offering an elaborate solution? I even admit they themselves are the ones able to come up with a better solution than anything I might think of!

There are lots of people in Israel, well-trained and well-tried, who could be applying pressure to Lebanon in different ways than bombing its infrastructure. They are paid officials and they know a neat little bit more about the details than a civilian foreigner like me - so why is it wrong for me to wish they'd come up with something less violent than a full-scale military attack?

And you still didn't show me any evidence of what makes Hizbollah a terrorist organisation - I want to see how it targets civilians, where, when and bombings it has carried out.

How about the missiles they used to fire into the north of Israel? They've resumed doing that recently.  banghead 

Quoting QR332 (Reply 110):
the fact that you still support Israel despite what they have done says a lot about you.

I guess it says the same about most of us. I do support Israel and the country's right to defend itself and most importantly its people, but I do not support its government's every move - just like I don't support or condemn every move of any other government... well, maybe North Korea as for "condemn", but that is off-topic.

[Edited 2006-07-13 18:19:15]
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

jacobin777

Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:15 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 12):
People die in war. It happens unfortunately. Israel believes that Southern Lebanon is supporting Hezbollah and Hamas and they acted upon it. What about the shelling coming across the border from Lebanon?...is Israel just supposed to ignore that? Come on now, I expect a better argument out of you.

right...Israel PURPOSELY targets civilian targets and infrastructure..and if Israel has a "target" on its sights, it doesn't care about collateral damage....

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 12):
Again, Israel feels they are being used to funnel weapons to Hamas and Hezbollah so they think it is justified.

"feels".....great....so if the District Attourney of San Francisco "feels" one is guilty, that person should go to jail...go figure... sarcastic ..

Well..Bush "felt" that Iraq had WMD's......guess we know that answer to that one....

Quoting QANTAS077 (Reply 17):
what do you expect from a people that are taught to believe they are better, stronger and superior to any other on earth...You just have to look at the lengths they went to when they kidnapped one of there own for exposing the truth about Dimona nuclear plant.

checkmark 

Quoting N1120A (Reply 18):
Oh, and quit with this "people die in war" crap. Israel has such advanced weaponry, they can pick and choose where they want to shoot.

checkmark 

Quoting Asbg (Reply 20):

Gee..in retaliation, its good to kill 20-30-40 civilians, including tens of children....go figure.. sarcastic 

Quoting Asbg (Reply 23):

It's not fair to punish the Israelis during their summer vacation and especially when there is a sudden boost in tourism.

Are you really serious? Who's destroying who here?

Quoting Cedars747 (Reply 27):
Israel want to destroy Lebanese economy.It was goeing to be a wonderful summer season,that why the airport was the main target.They are punishing the Lebanese economy and not Hezbollah !why should civilians have to pay for military actions ?
Alex!!!

checkmark 

Quoting Avi (Reply 31):
Lebanon (and don't tell me it was Hizbullah, enough with this wash words) declared WAR against Israel yesterday morning at 09:05 by opening fire along the Israeli border, incursion into Israel, killing, injuring and kidnapping Israelis soldiers and today they are bombing all over northern Israel.

Say what? Lebanon did NOT declare war with Israel....not to mention, how many times does Israel violate sovereign Lebanese airspace?

answer: all the time!

Quoting KLMA330 (Reply 35):

The reason should be obvious here.... The Israelis may not be perfect, but they are far more tolerant, and have much more desire for peace, than anyone surrounding them.

yah...right, creating the worst urban ghettos in the world, violating countless human rights abuse, collective punishment, torture and humiliation....and you call that "tolerant"....gosh, I'm curious to know what your version of "intolerance" is....

Quoting LY7E7 (Reply 47):

No, Lebanon did, by opening fire, crossing the border killing Israeli soldiers and taking POWs. This was an open declaration of war against Israel - via a blatant attack on a sovereign country.

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 50):
The war was NOT started by Lebanon, but by a Lebanese organisation. It was neither the government of Lebanon nor the Lebanese army. You simply are distorting facts. And what happened this morning clearly is a war-crime and an act of state-terrorism .

checkmark 

Quoting L410Turbolet (Reply 52):
You simply are splitting hairs, playing with words and trying to find some pathetic excuse. As always.

Right...more like its you getting things confused...

So if some organisation within the United States, (such as the KKK-might not be them exactly, but that's not my point), says its at "war" Israel, does that mean the United States Govt. is at war with Israel.....right...get real... sarcastic 

Hizbollah are not part of the Lebanese Govt..why can't you understand that simple concept?  confused 
"Up the Irons!"

UAL4ever

Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:16 am

This is one of the dumbest ideas I have ever heard in my entire life. Basically you are saying "lets support a terrorist organization who launches attacks against civilians". It bothers me that people are so anti-israel that automatically the terrorists are called "resistance" and "freedom- fighters" and are legitimized when all they are are evil terrorists who deserve whatever concequences befall them.

L410Turbolet

Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:18 am

Quoting YAK42 (Reply 58):
France or some large ally of Lebanon should start with bombing TLV and any other airports in the state.

I wouldn't be so sure in your wet dreams since France IMHO has some old bills from the early 1980s to settle with Hizballah as well.

Trust me, I really don't care about what blind supporters of Israel who support the killing of Arab civilians such as you, RJ and Falcon think.

Oh, some little Muslim fanatic doesn't care what I think? That just breaks my heart and the world has completely lost its purpose for me.... What shall I do now???  Yeah sure

MichiganMAN

Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:21 am

Quoting UAL4ever (Reply 113):
Basically you are saying "lets support a terrorist organization who launches attacks against civilians"

It didn't seem to bother the USA when the IRA was bombing London / Warrington / Omagh / Manchetser.........

the dollars still poured into Belfast.

Terrorism didn't start on 9/11, so get off the high horse.
UK -> USA

Stratofish

Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:21 am

Quoting Avi (Reply 31):
Lebanon (and don't tell me it was Hizbullah, enough with this wash words) declared WAR against Israel yesterday morning at 09:05 by opening fire along the Israeli border, incursion into Israel, killing, injuring and kidnapping Israelis soldiers and today they are bombing all over northern Israel.

You have fallen victim to false propaganda by you gov. Lebanon has NOT declared war on Israel!

Quoting LY7E7 (Reply 47):
No, Lebanon did, by opening fire, crossing the border killing Israeli soldiers and taking POWs. This was an open declaration of war against Israel - via a blatant attack on a sovereign country.

Israel illegally and immorally attacked a sovereign nation. Dont confuse the facts here. Especially, as you pointed out quite rightly, IF it has happened they targeted military personell, Israel targets the whole of Lebanon.

Falcon: You just fell for the same kind of war rethoric the Bush administration uses/d.

You have got no right to talk like that! None of us here has!
The Metro might be the Sub(optimal)way

aloges

Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:22 am

Basically you are saying "lets support a terrorist organization who launches attacks against civilians".

Newsflash, Hezbollah represents but a fraction of Lebanon. Why can some people not differentiate between a country, its government, its people and organisations in it? Is that so difficult?

Falcon84

Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:23 am

Quoting QR332 (Reply 110):
And thank you for that, Falcon, but I am actually in Minnesota now... even if something does happen, I am in the Arabian Gulf, far away from all the action.

Read my new thread, QR. If this keeps up, the whole region will be at war, with the U.S.and the west possibly involved militarily. Then you won't be safe. No one in the region-Arab or Jew, will be.
Work Right, Fly Hard

Beaucaire

Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:23 am

I don't agree on terror attacks on civilians from any sides,so I don't support attacks by IDF on civilian lebanese citizens.
People should consider Lebanon as a proper country loved by it's citizens-regardless if the residents are Hizbollah,Druse,Christian or any other ethnic group.Not all what Hizbollah does is tied to terror...( they have teir own schools,hospitals,social network..)
I don't defend them but do defend the position of lebanon,a country I have visited numerous times and that I do appreciate a lot!
That'swhy I change my flag to the cedars of Lebanon...
Al Salam ....
Please respect animals - don't eat them...

MichiganMAN

Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:26 am

Quoting L410Turbolet (Reply 114):
Oh, some little Muslim fanatic doesn't care what I think

he is trying to defend his nation with words and you call him a "Muslim fanatic" nice debating there
UK -> USA

L410Turbolet

Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:27 am

Quoting Jacobin777 (Reply 112):
So if some organisation within the United States, (such as the KKK-might not be them exactly, but that's not my point),

And (hypothetically) if the KKK kindnapped some Mexican cops straight from the streets of Tijuana, then I suppose the Mexican government would rightfully expect the US authorities to take some action against the KKK.

Hizbollah are not part of the Lebanese Govt..why can't you understand that simple concept?

They do have seats in the Lebanese parliament, don't they? They do have ministers on the current Lebanese government, don't they? Well then I think it's fair to assume they areindeed part of Lebanese government.

ME AVN FAN

Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:27 am

"lets support a terrorist organization who launches attacks against civilians".

few people do so. Just compare the discussions yesterday and today. There yesterday at least was some understanding for the Israelis, as they acted against an extremist fundamentalist organisation, but few people understand and/or accept the Israelis attacking Beirut Airport. And to describe the whole of Lebanon as "a terrorist organisation" is a rather wild allegation .

UAL4ever

Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:31 am

Quoting Aloges (Reply 117):
Newsflash, Hezbollah represents but a fraction of Lebanon. Why can some people not differentiate between a country, its government, its people and organisations in it? Is that so difficult?

By supporting Hezbolloh and allowing them to operate in Lebanon the entire Lebanese government becomes complicit in anything the Hezbolloh does.

Quoting Beaucaire (Reply 119):
Not all what Hizbollah does is tied to terror...( they have teir own schools,hospitals,social network..)

Stop trying to give legitimacy to these people. They are a terrorist group who are committed to attacking innocent Israeli and Jewish civilians and ultimately the destruction of Israel. The only reason they have schools is to indoctrinate hatred of Israel and recruit more terrorists.

halls120

Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:37 am

Quoting Aloges (Reply 117):

When the government of Lebanon does nothing to stop the actions of this so-called tiny fraction of Lebanon, they get to pay the bills for their inaction.

Quoting L410Turbolet (Reply 121):
So if some organisation within the United States, (such as the KKK-might not be them exactly, but that's not my point),

And (hypothetically) if the KKK kindnapped some Mexican cops straight from the streets of Tijuana, then I suppose the Mexican government would rightfully expect the US authorities to take some action against the KKK.

And we would.
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

aloges

Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:46 am

Quoting UAL4ever (Reply 123):
By supporting Hezbolloh and allowing them to operate in Lebanon the entire Lebanese government becomes complicit in anything the Hezbolloh does.

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 124):
When the government of Lebanon does nothing to stop the actions of this so-called tiny fraction of Lebanon, they get to pay the bills for their inaction.

And when Israel disables the Lebanese government by destroying the country's infrastructure, who will be left to "stop Hizbollah"? The young men whose cities are getting bombed as we speak? Or the widows whose husbands have become "collateral damage? Maybe the senior citizens who can't get to the market because the bridges are gone?

Should I go on? Again, what is bombing the country good for when all you actually want to destroy, and rightfully so, is a terrorist organisation? In an analogy, are parents responsible for everything their children do at, say, band camp?

ZakHH

Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:51 am

I will not change my flag or a single reason.

There is no "good side - bad side" in this story. There is people on both sides that prefer war to peace, because war happens to be a more profitable business. Sadly, it looks these days as if these people will succeed.

But there is people on both sides who wish nothing more than peace. The longing for peace is not limited to nationality, religion or skin color. These people do not fly a specific flag, so I cannot switch mine to it. But they have my support and my sympathy.

It may seem naive and in vain, but all I can do is hope that one day even the last ignorants on both sides will stop failing to understand that the game of revenge has no winner in the end.
Tired of a.net? Join a friendly aviation community!

qr332

Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:10 am

Quoting L410Turbolet (Reply 114):
Oh, some little Muslim fanatic doesn't care what I think? That just breaks my heart and the world has completely lost its purpose for me.... What shall I do now???

ROFL! You know what the funniest part of that is? I'm not even religious.

halls120

Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:16 am

Quoting Aloges (Reply 125):
Should I go on? Again, what is bombing the country good for when all you actually want to destroy, and rightfully so, is a terrorist organisation? In an analogy, are parents responsible for everything their children do at, say, band camp?

Actually, if my kids trashed band camp, I'd have to write a check to cover the damage, so your analogy is pretty much on point.

avi

Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:27 am

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 97):
the Lebanese government, people and army did NOT start anything. But Israel DID.

And the BS goes on and on and on (I guess 3 soldiers committed suicide, few others injured themselves and 2 others went for vacation in Lebanon because they "wanted to").
You know, if Lebanon's government is not responsible for anything on its territory and anyone can do what ever he wants, in that case Israel is anyone too (especially when I attacked from Lebanon).

Quoting Stratofish (Reply 116):
You have fallen victim to false propaganda by you gov. Lebanon has NOT declared war on Israel!

I'm not falling for anything. I don't need my government to tell me that Lebanon declared war yesterday, I can understand it by myself.

Alert in advance for all of you

A few minutes ago 2 rockets exploded in Haifa. You can all expect to some action in Beirut in the next hours. Don't say that it surprised you.
Long live the B747

BMIFlyer

Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:30 am

Quoting UTA_flyinghigh (Thread starter):
Like we did for Denmark during the cartoon saga

Whole different kettle of fish  sarcastic 

Quoting UTA_flyinghigh (Thread starter):
let's temporarily change our flags to Lebanon to show our support

I think i'll stay as I am. I actually support Israel to be honest.

Lee
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

PSA53

Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:31 am

Whatever flag of protest, whiteflag  redflag to send a message to the Israeli's and Palestinians, that will end decades and decades of bloodshed,I will change to.

So many years of violence,it's getting distorted of who the good guy and the bad guy is anymore.
Tuesday's Off! Do not disturb.

SInGAPORE_AIR

Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:34 am

Can't the both hurry up? This has already caused the price of oil to escalate again.
Anyone can fly, only the best Soar.

qr332

Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:35 am

Quoting Avi (Reply 129):
And the BS goes on and on and on (I guess 3 soldiers committed suicide, few others injured themselves and 2 others went for vacation in Lebanon because they "wanted to").
You know, if Lebanon's government is not responsible for anything on its territory and anyone can do what ever he wants, in that case Israel is anyone too (especially when I attacked from Lebanon).

I'd love to see how you are going to justify the hitting of civilian targets in response to the military actions of Israel. Lebanon is responsible for what happens on its territory, but you and I both know that this is an overblown reaction from Israel which is going to send the region to hell and back.

Quoting Avi (Reply 129):
I'm not falling for anything. I don't need my government to tell me that Lebanon declared war yesterday, I can understand it by myself

Actually, the fact that you think that shows that you have fallen to the propoganda. The reason they took the soldiers wasn't to start a war, it was to force an exchange since Israel isn't willing to do so in any peaceful way. Also, it was Hizbollah who did this, not the entire Lebanese government or the Lebanese people, who Israel is hitting.

saxdiva

Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:37 am

Since bombing the crap out of every country that's suspected (or known) to harbor terrorism wipes out infrastructure and destabilizes the government, it ends up making the place a breeding ground for exactly the kind of militant behavior we're trying to stamp out. This isn't exactly rocket science, but it seems like we're stuck in the classic trap of repeatedly doing the same things and expecting different results. And it's not looking like there's an end anywhere in sight.

Never thought I'd become a pacifist, but I guess old age does weird things to people.

Shalom.
See terms for details....

deltadc9

Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:39 am

Quoting BigOrange (Reply 103):
Has Israel never heard of diplomacy? You don't see other countries launching missiles to avenge a kidnapping. That's like using a hammer to crack a nut.

What happens to Israel if they do not fight back? They are surrounded by enemies.
Dont take life too seriously because you will never get out of it alive - Bugs Bunny

JGPH1A

Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:42 am

Quoting Avi (Reply 129):
few minutes ago 2 rockets exploded in Haifa. You can all expect to some action in Beirut in the next hours. Don't say that it surprised you.

Great - just great. I'm flying to TLV on Sunday, let's hope there isn't just a smoking crater there when I arrive !

Seriously, this is a bit of a worry, I may not have MUCH of a life, but I'd rather not get blown up if it's all the same (and no witty cracks about being blown up already fnah fnah - Kirk, Cornish, Banco - this means YOU !)
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

soyuzavia

Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:42 am

The fact is QR, that Hezbollah does not target civilians. Never has. Never will. Whilst I don't agree with their aim to create an Islamic state based upon the Iranian model, they have only ever targetted Israeli military, and therefore legitimate, targets.

But the peanut gallery has no clue. Having a look at the history of Hezbollah, I fail to understand why Israel's "allies" (Australia, Canada, US, Europe, etc) have even placed Hezbollah on terrorist organisation lists. They are on the lists due to their military division. If the same ruling was applied to Israel, the entire country of Israel would be deemed a terrorist state because of the IDF's actions in targetting civilians.

ly7e7

Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:48 am

1. A general remark: too many threads on this issue. Mods - please delete a few.

2. Another general remark: maybe 2 threads should be on this: one emotional where Arab and Israel supporters can club each other to death and a second one that will deal with military implications and opinions.

3. Hezbollah (and this is the last time I am going to use this name - AFAIK this Israel vs. Lebanon) has launched two rockets on Haifa. The implication of this is that for Israel this is pretty much as serious as it can get. Although similar occured in 91 during the Gulf War - now it's different since there are no US forces around and IDF can act without Washington's approval. I feel sorry for those Lebanese who will have to suffer because of the actions of their other countrymen.
2 things are endless: ignorance and space

MD11Engineer

Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:50 am

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 50):
The war was NOT started by Lebanon, but by a Lebanese organisation. It was neither the government of Lebanon nor the Lebanese army. You simply are distorting facts. And what happened this morning clearly is a war-crime and an act of state-terrorism .

Then for fuck's sake the Lebanese government has the duty to control and disarm this private army. I think that most European countries would gladly help to disarm these out-of-control militias.
IMO the scourge of the Palaestinians and Lebanese is that every political party has it's own private army, which is only accountable to itself.
Every sensible political move gets sabotaged by these militias and I know very well that Hizbullah has been threatening the Lebanese government with a return of the civil war of the 1970s-1980s in case the government moves against them.

Jan
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi

aloges

Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:51 am

Quoting Soyuzavia (Reply 137):
The fact is QR, that Hezbollah does not target civilians. Never has. Never will.

Go to Kiryat Shmona, stand in the street and read that out loud. If the katyushas don't hit you first, that is.

qr332

Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:53 am

Aloges, these have all began in response to Israel hitting Lebanese cities. I am talking prior to this conflict.

LY, The attack on Haifa is a response to the attacks on Beirut. Hizbollah said that if Beirut is attacked, they would hit Haifa. These things are not happening for no reason.

luv2fly

Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:54 am

Saxdiva I think that is the Gay flag, so thanks from my family to yours.
You can cut the irony with a knife

rjpieces

Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:55 am

Quoting Avi (Reply 129):
A few minutes ago 2 rockets exploded in Haifa. You can all expect to some action in Beirut in the next hours. Don't say that it surprised you.

Indeed, I wouldn't be surprised to hear reports of explosions in Beirut as night falls.
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

ly7e7

Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:56 am

QR, it's a war now. not one thing for another. Think military operations, not single acts.

soyuzavia

Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:57 am

Quoting LY7E7 (Reply 138):
I feel sorry for those Lebanese who will have to suffer because of the actions of their other countrymen.

And I feel sorry for those Israelis who will have to suffer because of the actions of their other countrymen.

Vicious circle eh? Round and round and round and round and round and round and round we go.

ME AVN FAN

Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:58 am

Quoting Avi (Reply 129):

-
A) I stated before, that I fully understand, whenever dis-like, the Israelis acting against Hizbullah. BUT I definitely oppose Israeli attacks against Beirut-Airport. Most people in the world even might gladly accept Israeli fighter planes "molesting" that al-Manar station
B) Governments are NOT responsible for "actions" of political parties and private clubs etc.

ly7e7

Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:02 am

Quoting Soyuzavia (Reply 145):
And I feel sorry for those Israelis who will have to suffer because of the actions of their other countrymen.

You what's the difference though?

Lebanon is pretty much shut down. Israel has a handful of dead people (only one civilian so far).

I apologize in advance for the tone of this post. But right now my country is at war. I am sitting in the BA executive lounge at EWR, waiting for my flight home. And all I care about is a win situation for my country.

aloges

Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:06 am

Quoting QR332 (Reply 141):
I am talking prior to this conflict.

Me too.

Tom12

Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:06 am

Quoting Cedars747 (Reply 21):
It's not fair to punish all Lebanese and foreigners in Lebanon because Hezbollah killed and kidnapped SOLDIERS!
Alex!!!

Isn't kidnapping soilders against Laws of War (god what a silly thing, but hey!)

I agree with the most of the people, there was no need to bomb a civilian airport!

Tom
"Per noctem volamus" - Royal Air Force Bomber Squadron IX