Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Cadet57
Topic Author

Lewis Black-Any Fans?

Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:52 pm

I think he is an amazingly funny and witty comic, plus his ranting and rage cant be beat. Also, any read his autobiography? Its great. Really explains his personality alot. Also, has anyone seen him act? I havent.
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

slider

RE: Lewis Black-Any Fans?

Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:06 am

I love his political humor.....

Great wit, spastic delivery, and makes some great observations.

yowza

Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:56 am

I have a collection of his standup performances and he is absolutely hilarious.

YOWza

Mir

Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:36 am

I like Lewis Black a lot, but I got his biography on audiobook for a long car trip, and I was somewhat disappointed.

I love him on the Daily Show though, and I'm hoping to see him live at some point.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

deltagator

Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:28 am

I think he is great. I love how he goes after both Democrats and Republicans alike. He doesn't care what side of the aisle you are on. If you're a putz he's going to come after you.

I have one of his shows on my iPod where he makes fun of Atlanta traffic (the show was obviously taped in ATL) and it is so true. Why do we post times to get places on the highway signs? It only gives us hope that will always disappoint in the end.

Quoting Slider (Reply 1):
spastic delivery

You almost expect him to have a stroke on stage because he gets so worked up.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

n229nw

Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:33 am

He always looks to me like he is about to have a heart attack in the middle of one of his rants...
All Glory to the Hypnotoad!

Halcyon

Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:40 am

His tirade about Starbucks was the best thing ever, if you saw that one.  bigthumbsup 

us330

Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:42 am

I think his rants are hilarious, but his autobiography sucked. "Nothing Sacred" was schizophrenic. One chapter he would discuss how he was at his brother's bedside when he died, the next chapter he was talking about how high he was when he took the GRE's.

Duff44

Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:45 am

He's freaking hilarious!

My favorite joke from him is about weather-forecasters:

"What does the word 'meteorologist' mean in English? It means liar!"

rotfl 
I'll rassle ya for a bowl of bacon!

Cadet57
Topic Author

Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:12 am

Quoting Halcyon (Reply 6):
His tirade about Starbucks was the best thing ever, if you saw that one

Go, Stand between them. Look at your watch, time stands still.  biggrin 

Quoting Us330 (Reply 7):
I think his rants are hilarious, but his autobiography sucked. "Nothing Sacred" was schizophrenic. One chapter he would discuss how he was at his brother's bedside when he died, the next chapter he was talking about how high he was when he took the GRE's.

I think that was just part of his ADD like character. He really is all over the place. But for the most part the first few chapters were about his early life and family, then moved into his college and adult years where he turned into the Lewis we know and love, well love in the sense that he's an angry jew thats pissed off at government as we know it and we like to hear him yell.

Halcyon

Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:22 am

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 9):
Go, Stand between them. Look at your watch, time stands still.

No, it was...TIME (growlingly) (pause) STANDS (ditto) (pause) STILL!

Ya gotta love him. ANd then there was the Whole Britt Speares thing from that one, and the football halftime, and...oh, it was so funny. Excellent guy, and so true.

I liked the part too about God being displeased because the spice rack was in dissarray or sommin' like that. Don't recall though. I've got it saved somewhere. I need to watch it again.  Smile

Lucas

CVG777

Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:29 am

Lewis Black is one of my favorite comedians. I have a couple of his performances too.

I have also seen him live at the Hard Rock in Orlando...in fact, it was in November 2004, exactly 3 days after the presedential election, so the mood was just right for his political rants...and rant he did. Both sides got bashed, both candidates, both parties, Christians, Mormons, Muslims, Gays, Gay Dinosaurs (seriously), Houseplants, Candy Corn, "the geniuses that designed the Orlando system of roads," and a multitude of other topics. It was excellent. I left with my sides hurting. He even got into arguments with people in the audience (they couldn't keep their mouths shut, and they ultimately ended up walking out).

He is going to be in South Florida around New Years this year, so I may try to go see him again.

I also recommend Carlos Mencia as well...He came to my school last year, and had an audience of 3000 (out of 4500 students) rolling in the aisles for almost 2.5 hours.  Big grin

PIA777

Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:45 pm

I have seen 2 of his shows on HBO and he is pretty funny.

PIA777
GO CUBS!!

airlinelover

Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:13 pm

He's hilarious! It's so funny how he adds the F-word to randomized things..

Chris
Lets do some sexy math. We add you, subtract your clothes, divide your legs and multiply

Cadet57
Topic Author

Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:19 pm

Quoting Airlinelover (Reply 13):
It's so funny how he adds the F-word to randomized things..

Like my personal favorite "Un-be-fu**ing-leivable!"

ANCFlyer

Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:20 pm

Absolutely a fan. He's a riot!  rotfl 

His political humor keeps me laughing - and he's an equal opportunity bashjer as well - he'll beat up on both sides of the aisle readily.

What was it he said about politicians and plans . . . . something like 'Republicans have a plan they can't execute and democrats don't have shit' ?? Can't remember exactly, but he was spot on.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

diamond

Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:38 pm

Usually the whole neurotic shtick really turns me off - but I've become a fan of his. He totally cracks me up!
Blank.

CVG777

Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:15 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 15):
What was it he said about politicians and plans . . . . something like 'Republicans have a plan they can't execute and democrats don't have shit' ?? Can't remember exactly, but he was spot on.

The way I have heard it:

Democrats are a party of no ideas. Republicans are a party of bad ideas. A Republican will stand up and say "I've got a really bad idea!" Then the Democrat will shout, "And I can make it shittier!"

ANCFlyer

Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:24 pm

Quoting CVG777 (Reply 17):
Democrats are a party of no ideas. Republicans are a party of bad ideas. A Republican will stand up and say "I've got a really bad idea!" Then the Democrat will shout, "And I can make it shittier!"

That's it . . . .

rotfl 

Cracks me up every time!
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

dragon-wings

Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:33 pm

You know what they would do when I was a kid? They would come to my elementary school with films to show me how to protect myself from a nuclear-f**ck-holocaust. They would show this giant nuclear-fu**ing-bomb just blowing the shit out of everything. Goats and monkeys flying everywhere. The windows of the elementary school blown out, the teacher banged up against the fucking blackboard. But there were the children... hiding safely under their desks. - Lewis Black

You don't want another Enron? Here's your law: If a company, can't explain, in ONE SENTENCE....what it does....it's illegal. - Lewis Black

"In my lifetime, we've gone from Eisenhower to George W. Bush. We've gone from John F. Kennedy to Al Gore. If this is evolution, I believe that in 12 years, we'll be voting for plants." - Lewis Black

A father and two sons run Adelphia. It's a cable company. And they took from that company a billion dollars. A billion. Three people... THREE people took a billion dollars. What were they gonna do, start their own space program? "Let's send the monkey to Mars, Dad!" - Lewis Black

Quoting CVG777 (Reply 17):

The way I heard it is "There are two political groups. The republicans are a group of bad ideas, and the democrats are a group of no ideas. The republicans go "I gotta really bad idea!" and the democrats say "I can make it fu**in' worse!"

It's still funny as hell no matter which way you heard it  laughing   rotfl 
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

airlinelover

Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:08 pm

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 14):
Like my personal favorite "Un-be-fu**ing-leivable!"

Acutally, it's more of the "Un-be-fu**-leivable" type usage. If you add the ING it makes more "sense" but he can throw the 4-letter into just about anything and make it sound great.

Chris
Lets do some sexy math. We add you, subtract your clothes, divide your legs and multiply

Cadet57
Topic Author

Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:00 am

Quoting Airlinelover (Reply 20):
Acutally, it's more of the "Un-be-fu**-leivable" type usage.

I' have heard that one and the ING one so you are correct as well.

MattCLE

Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:24 am

Another fan here.

I loved it when he said Ken Lay, etc. should be admitted to a mental home for 20 years and forced to sit next someone who is crocheting something that isn't there Big grin

-Matt
Bear Claw, Free Fall, A Gunner's View