Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

senorcarnival

RE: College Football Is Here Today!

Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:40 am

Say what you want about SEC football, but they have the hottest chicks.
Oh no, she's getting impatient! Take a stab at it!

planespotting

Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:55 am

Quoting Senorcarnival (Reply 50):
Say what you want about SEC football, but they have the hottest chicks.

no motherfuckin' way. Big 10 chicks are easily, hands down, the hottest in college football.

But, you're right, the SEC women are pretty top notch as well...it would be hard to get a real "whose conference has the hotter chics" grade, so we'll just call it even  Smile
Do you like movies about gladiators?

AirCop

Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:39 am

Montana State 19 Colorado 10. Anyone know the status of USAFHummer? Is an EMT response necessary?

deltagator

Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:41 am

Quoting Planespotting (Reply 51):
no motherfuckin' way. Big 10 chicks are easily, hands down, the hottest in college football.

The heat from all the mustard running down their face while they throw back 10 hotdogs doesn't make them the hottest.  Wink Southern girls are where it's at.

Colorado losing to a Division 1-AA? That's just bad.

Notre Dame looking kind of blah against Tech right now. Still a long way to go in that game though.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

senorcarnival

Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:44 am

Quoting AirCop (Reply 52):
Montana State 19 Colorado 10. Anyone know the status of USAFHummer? Is an EMT response necessary?

Probably burning couches in the streets of Boulder...

dw9115

Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:06 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 17):
You could also counter the Big12 North is a horrid outcropping of 6 bad football schools.

You must be out of your mind the Big12 North has

GO BIG RED!
Big version: Width: 640 Height: 480 File size: 341kb

[Edited 2006-09-03 04:11:37]

USAFHummer

Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:41 am

Quoting AirCop (Reply 52):

*(@!&&*([email protected]#&*(!)@#)*&(!&*()@#&*)([email protected]#(*&)^@#^!)@(*&)!(*&)@$*&()[email protected]$)(*!*()@*(@!)$

I have lived through 3 ugly losses in the last 2 seasons as a Buff fan, and after all of those, I was still proud to be a Buffalo...after this loss, I'm feeling pangs of shame...I feel this might be the worst loss in Colorado history, actually...

Let's recap why this ugly event happened...

1. Coach Hawkins picked the wrong QB to start...James Cox couldn't freakin QB a Pop Warner team, let alone a Big 12 team...8-22 in passing just won't cut it in the Hawk offense...Cox has been with the team a long time, mostly as a backup, but any time he gets a chance to start, he stinks up the place real bad...

2. Because Cox stunk up the place throwing, Coach Hawk decided to call a conservative game with a lot of runs, and our running game isn't all that great...Myself and everyone around me was totally bewildered why Coach Hawk didn't swap Cox for the fan favorite (and as past precedence has shown, far superior) to play QB, Brian White...he warmed up during the 4th quarter but never got in...I think White will be starting next week

3. The personal story of the game: Coach Hawk was forced to kick safety Tyrone Henderson off the team at the start of fall camp...where did Henderson end up???? Montana State...so he had a quick return to Boulder (I-A to I-AA transfers don't have to sit out a season), and had an obvious grudge to hold...in fact, during the 4th quarter, after we coughed it up on a botched kick return, he ran right in front of the CU sideline and repeatedly made the throat slashing gesture to our bench...I hope someone from the Big Sky Conference either noticed or reviews the game tape and sees it, cause that should deserve a suspension...it's not known whether Henderson brought any inside knowledge to MSU (there was an article in the local paper the other day reporting that Coach Hawk didn't think he knew all that much since he wasn't allowed to practice in fall camp before getting the axe), but certainly his presence alone was a factor

4. Our defense stunk, which was insanely surprising as we were supposed to have one of the better defenses in the Big 12 this year...couldn't get any stops until they got in the red zone, which is why they got a bunch of FG's, but only 1 touchdown...in fact we did have a great goal line stand where we stopped em four straight plays on the 1 yard line, but just couldn't turn the momentum around...

Ultimately, although its early, I think our season will be decided next week when we play our arch-rival Colorado State on neutral turf at Invesco Field @ Mile High in Denver in the "Rocky Mountain Showdown"...this is one of the most underrated rivalries in the nation, and for the past 3 years has featured exciting finishes with the game coming right down to the wire...if we can beat CSU, then that gives us a great lift going into a tough two-game stretch vs. Arizona State and then @ Georgia...if not...well, we're in for a long year here in Boulder...

Quoting Senorcarnival (Reply 54):

Probably burning couches in the streets of Boulder...

Nah, we save that for big wins  Wink...everyone was incredibly depressed leaving the place, I've never seen anything quite like it...
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

aa61hvy

Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:40 pm

I was unimpressed with ND in the first half. Thank God that the team is filled with veterans, so they all maintained composure and came back and played a good second half...GO IRISH...Next up Penn State.
Go big or go home

copaair737

Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:55 pm

Greg/USAF- Don't feel too bad, New Mexico lost to Portland State, also a D-IAA team, so misery has company. But I must say that was one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen, Colorado losing to Mont. St. Haha.

-Copa
Livin' on Reds, Vitamin C, and Cocaine

DTManiac

Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:09 pm

Texas A&M 35, The Citadel 3.

Not that this is surprising, but still a nice start into the season for my Aggies. I feel sorry for USAFHummer though...

...just kidding, hehe.

Gig 'em Aggies!!!
Gig 'em Aggies!!!

USAFHummer

Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:15 pm

Fortunately Duke pulled off the worst "I-A losing to I-AA" game today...getting shut out by I-AA Richmond 13-0...slightly consoling...

FriendlySkies

Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:31 pm

DAMN THE IRISH!!!!

Man we sucked though...and the refs! I'm in pain!!!!

TPAnx

Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:31 pm

Gators win! Now, to hold my nose and root for Miami Monday night, and hope the 'Canes blow away FSU!!
TPAnx
I read the news today..oh boy

JetJock22

Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:38 pm

Quoting AislepathLight (Reply 46):
I-O!!!!!!

Time to hook those horns in Texas baby!! GO BUCKS!!!!!

senorcarnival

Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:49 pm

Anyone else watching the BYU @ UA game on TBS? The announcers are crap, but this game is tighter than a nun's snatch right now. UA up by 3 almost at the end of the 3rd.

USAFHummer

Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:56 pm

Quoting Senorcarnival (Reply 64):
Anyone else watching the BYU @ UA game on TBS? The announcers are crap, but this game is tighter than a nun's snatch right now. UA up by 3 almost at the end of the 3rd.

Yep...the play-by-play guy gets excited way too easily...looks like Arizona might finally be decent for a change???

P.S. Nice botched FG BYU...

senorcarnival

Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:58 pm

Quoting USAFHummer (Reply 65):
P.S. Nice botched FG BYU...

WTF was up with the holder? The snap wasn't all that good but it was definitely catchable.

USAFHummer

Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:03 pm

Damn, did you see that guy get laid out on the punt return???? I can't believe he left the field under his own power...

senorcarnival

Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:17 pm

Quoting USAFHummer (Reply 67):

He got owned pretty good. It's amazing how quick Mike Stoops turned that program around. I don't like the Stoops brothers (and it seriously has nothing to do with the fact OU has beaten Texas 5 out of the last 6 times) but I gotta hand it to him, Arizona is actually almost worthy of a bowl game.

senorcarnival

Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:51 pm

A last-second FG wins it for the 'Cats. What a great ending to a great game...

USAFHummer

Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:55 pm

Was it me, or did the Arizona student section seem kinda apathetic about the FG and then the win???

S12PPL
Topic Author

Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:35 pm

Quoting USAFHummer (Reply 65):
Yep...the play-by-play guy gets excited way too easily...looks like Arizona might finally be decent for a change???

Arizona has the most un-imaginative offense in the Pac-10 probably. Their defense will get destroyed by the top five teams this year. Arizona should finish 7th in the Pac. They'll scrape out wins against Washington State, Washington, and Stanford probably. Maybe Cal if they continue to play as horrible as they did today.
Next Flights: 12/31 AS804 PDX-MCO 2/3 AS19 MCO-SEA QX2545 SEA-PDX

FlyVirgin744

Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:47 pm

Usually the Gators play two teams we simply just blow out at the beginning of the season. This year we got Southern Miss and UCF, both bowl teams (unlike Tennessee last year, HA HA).

Southern Miss was actually leading us in the first quarter because of an INT that gave them excellent field position, that would be the last time they saw the endzone for the rest of the game.

UF 34
Sothern Miss 7

HEY we beat FSU last year that exact score...ahh memories  Smile

DeltaGator: Ever make it here to Gainesville for a game? We could have a beer or something at a tailgate.
Sometimes I go about in pity for myself and all the while a great wind carries me across the sky.

ordryan28

Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:31 pm

Quoting AA61Hvy (Reply 2):
AA61Hvy

GO IRISH!!! jeesh, close game tonight. it's not a blowout like I was hoping for, but leaving the Geoginians in shock was good enough for me!!

-Ryan

P.S.- Brady 4 Heisman!!!!!
Whoever said winning is not everything never fought cancer.

saxdiva

Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:33 pm

It was looking like this might be a long year for UCLA, as we'd lost some major impact players to the draft. Maybe the skepticism was unwarranted, though.

I could get used to seeing more scenes like this...  Big grin
See terms for details....

deltagator

Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:35 pm

Quoting FlyVirgin744 (Reply 72):
DeltaGator: Ever make it here to Gainesville for a game? We could have a beer or something at a tailgate.

I always try to make at least one game a year since I graduated. Unfortunately I won't be able to get down there this year. We might try to get to the Auburn game though. I'll drop you a line if I'm ever in the area.

Next week gets fun since my mom is a UCF grad. I'll be listening to the game from Sydney so I'll have to call and give her a hard time.

Quoting Ordryan28 (Reply 73):
Brady 4 Heisman!!!!!

Now let's not get all crazy just yet. I'm still unconvinced about him and the Irish as a whole. That defense is a bit suspect.

Quoting TPAnx (Reply 62):
Gators win! Now, to hold my nose and root for Miami Monday night, and hope the 'Canes blow away FSU!!

Loved the game but we gotta get better with the run. As for the HalfAssU-Miami game...it's just a good game to sit back and cheer against both teams.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

halls120

Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:37 pm

Quoting Saxdiva (Reply 74):
It was looking like this might be a long year for UCLA, as we'd lost some major impact players to the draft. Maybe the skepticism was unwarranted, though.

I could get used to seeing more scenes like this..

Enjoy it while you can, because when the Bruins face the Trojans, we all know what the outcome will be!  biggrin 
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

AirCop

Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:32 am

Quoting S12PPL (Reply 71):

Arizona has the most un-imaginative offense in the Pac-10 probably. Their defense will get destroyed by the top five teams this year.

Next game for Arizona is at LSU, could get very ugly.

ordryan28

Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:51 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 75):

Now let's not get all crazy just yet. I'm still unconvinced about him and the Irish as a whole. That defense is a bit suspect.

I don't think so. If you look at their coach (obiously), the O-Line, the D-Line, they're just a stacked team. As far as defense goes, we've made a major inprovement from last year. Chinedum, our strong safety, has dropped 20 lbs in the off-season, and as I'm sure you could see from last night, we kept pace with a quick offense (as far as our speed is concerned), holding them to only 10 points, all of which came in our sloppily played first half. I think by week two or three of this season you'll start to realize the Irish are much better than what they showed last night, especially Brady, the O-Line, and heck, the offense in general.

-Ryan
Whoever said winning is not everything never fought cancer.

senorcarnival

Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:58 am

Quoting USAFHummer (Reply 70):

I think they're still getting familiar with the concept of winning a football game. Big grin

senorcarnival

Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:15 am

Anyone else just see Michael Bush's leg snap in half? That looked painful...

halls120

Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:17 am

Quoting Senorcarnival (Reply 80):
Anyone else just see Michael Bush's leg snap in half? That looked painful..

I'll bet he wishes he could reconsider his decision not to make himself eligible for the NFL draft.....
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

S12PPL
Topic Author

Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:55 am

Quoting AirCop (Reply 77):
Next game for Arizona is at LSU, could get very ugly.

Oh, no it will. In fact I see LSU winning by a score of at least 49-17
Next Flights: 12/31 AS804 PDX-MCO 2/3 AS19 MCO-SEA QX2545 SEA-PDX

saxman66

Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:54 pm

Not too many mentions of Auburn. 40 to 14 to Washington State. I'm really waiting for the Auburn-LSU game. Thats going to be huge! And my chances of gettin tickets are looking grim.

Chris
Ride Amtrak!

TPAnx

Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:30 pm

FSU 13
Miami 10
ARRRRRRGH!  Angry
TPAnx
I read the news today..oh boy

Coal

Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:29 pm

Quoting TPAnx (Reply 84):
FSU 13
Miami 10
ARRRRRRGH!
TPAnx

IN YOUR FACE!

Haha! Big grin

Coal
Nxt Flts: SQ SIN-KIX | HD UKB-CTS | NH CTS-NRT | SQ NRT-SIN | AK SIN-DPS-SIN

copaair737

Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:00 pm

After this pitiful showing tonight at the Orange Bowl, LLLarry Scapecoker needs to be fired. Just get rid of him. Every year we get worse under this clown, and today just proved that. 2 rushing yards??? 5 yards passing in the second half??? We are The U, not North Texas or Utah State. Christ, just can this guy already.

-Copa
Livin' on Reds, Vitamin C, and Cocaine