Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Falcon84
Topic Author

Buckeyes Domintate Longhorns!

Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:28 pm

Ohio State-24
Texas - 7

No Vince Young, Longhorn Nation, and you didn't have a prayer!

GO BUCKS!
Work Right, Fly Hard

texdravid

RE: Buckeyes Domintate Longhorns!

Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:30 pm

Congrats, Falcon.
Looks like UT was all bum and no steer.

I like OSU this year, and hope you guys beat Notre Dame in the BCS.
Tort reform now. Throw lawyers in jail later.

Falcon84
Topic Author

Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:32 pm

Quoting Texdravid (Reply 1):
I like OSU this year, and hope you guys beat Notre Dame in the BCS.

Don't worry, OSU will.  Big grin
Work Right, Fly Hard

LOT767-300ER

Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:40 pm

Anytime the Midwest wins over a bunch of sad rednecks Im happy. Even if it is Yankee Football. So go Buckeyes!

AirCop

Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:43 pm

Looks like UT was all bum and no steer.

Quoting LOT767-300ER (Reply 3):
Anytime the Midwest wins over a bunch of sad rednecks Im happy

This works for me. If Ohio State keeps going like this, I forsee another trip to the Phoenix area, which is quickly becoming a second home for the buckeyes.

AzoresLover

Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:50 pm

Of course now everyone will have the Bucks in their sights every game.

Also this year there is a championship game being played AFTER all the bowls are done. And the way Notre Dame played today, it's a fair bet that Ohio State and Notre Dame just may be in that game.

But hey, it's a long season, anything can happen.

But being an Ohio State alum, and after LAST year, our victory this year, especially the way Ohio State dominated, was SWEET!!
Those who want to do something will find a way; those who don't will find an excuse.

aa61hvy

Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:55 pm

I picked OSU to win. I was not impressed with Texas after watching them play UNT.

I just hope ND is on a crash course with OSU for the National Championship.

I wouldn't say Texas was dominated...They were out played.

Penn State was dominated/murdered/bitch slapped/killed etc.

GO IRISH
Go big or go home

Longhornmaniac

Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:05 pm

From a Texas fan who went to the game, Congrats Ohio State. You guys definately earned it.

Win 'em all, and maybe with a twist of fate, we'll see you in Glendale on Jan 8th.

Hook'em Horns!

Cheers,
Cameron
Cheers,
Cameron

JetJock22

Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:12 pm

Looks like Colt McCoy and the rest of the Longhorns had a case of Laurinaitis tonight!! GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Edited 2006-09-10 06:19:18]

Chugach

Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:57 pm

The 'sips (Longhorns for all you non-Texans) don't seem to have that swagger they had last year. In every game they played last season, they came out and knew they would win. I haven't seen that this year. In particular, their defense seems weaker. Ohio State's offense did pretty much what they wanted, when they wanted.

The Big XII south this year is fairly wide open. I think Texas wins the division, but not by much. UT's got three roadblocks left: OU, Tech in Lubbock, and A&M. Lubbock is the black hole of the conference, and Texas has been knocked off there in recent memory. And, A&M is due to beat Texas. I'm not saying it will happen this year, but they're due. The Aggies were a few plays away from ruining UT's dream season last year. The Longhorns would be smart not to overlook that game. I also wouldn't rule out Baylor upsetting one of the above mentioned schools; and as much as I hate to admit it, the Aggies are the most prone to being knocked off by the Bears. I can't stand Baylor's coach, but he's done a good job of turning A&M-Baylor into a grudge match for the Bears.

Lastly, I have a hunch the Red River Shootout is going to be a barnburner this year.

Anyway, back on topic: OSU was the better team tonight. UT has some work to do but is still the best team in the Big XII South.

CO7e7

Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:07 pm

GO BUCKEYES... it was a great game...

2 down, 10 to go!

Muck Fichigan!

-Zaki

ordryan28

Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:28 pm

I like OSU this year, and hope you guys beat Notre Dame in the BCS

i wouldnt say that buddy, i wouldnt say that at all  Wink
Whoever said winning is not everything never fought cancer.

Longhornmaniac

Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:31 pm

Quoting Chugach (Reply 9):
The 'sips (Longhorns for all you non-Texans) don't seem to have that swagger they had last year. In every game they played last season, they came out and knew they would win. I haven't seen that this year. In particular, their defense seems weaker. Ohio State's offense did pretty much what they wanted, when they wanted.

The Big XII south this year is fairly wide open. I think Texas wins the division, but not by much. UT's got three roadblocks left: OU, Tech in Lubbock, and A&M. Lubbock is the black hole of the conference, and Texas has been knocked off there in recent memory. And, A&M is due to beat Texas. I'm not saying it will happen this year, but they're due. The Aggies were a few plays away from ruining UT's dream season last year. The Longhorns would be smart not to overlook that game. I also wouldn't rule out Baylor upsetting one of the above mentioned schools; and as much as I hate to admit it, the Aggies are the most prone to being knocked off by the Bears. I can't stand Baylor's coach, but he's done a good job of turning A&M-Baylor into a grudge match for the Bears.

Lastly, I have a hunch the Red River Shootout is going to be a barnburner this year.

Anyway, back on topic: OSU was the better team tonight. UT has some work to do but is still the best team in the Big XII South.

After Tech's ordeal with UTEP tonight, I'd say take them off the list. If not, you HAVE to add Nebraska. OU and NU are the two toughest games on our schedule. Big XII very well could be wide open.

Cheers,
Cameron
Cheers,
Cameron

Chugach

Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:04 pm

Quoting Longhornmaniac (Reply 12):
If not, you HAVE to add Nebraska.

Where do the Longhorns play Corn this year? Austin or Lincoln? If it's Lincoln, that could be problematic for y'all. A&M has them in College Station, which definitely helps the Ags.

And I agree, Tech has been underwhelming so far. But past experience dictates they will rise up for their two Super Bowls in A&M and UT.

Skyway1

Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:17 pm

Wooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo!

Go Bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KNUK, KNUK, KNUK woowoowoo

Falcon84
Topic Author

Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:37 am

Quoting AA61Hvy (Reply 6):
I wouldn't say Texas was dominated...They were out played.

We'll differ on that one. Texas didn't get a sniff of the end zone in the 2nd half. That OSU D may be young, but they're fast as hell.
Work Right, Fly Hard