Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

flyyul

RE: Attack At Montreal School

Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:46 pm

Marco,

The gunman was killed inside the school. Are you sure you saw this?

Marco

Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:42 pm

I'm not sure if the gunman was shot inside or outisde but I saw the police struggling with the gunman outisde Dawson College and he suddenly died on Maisonneuve a minute later. That I'm sure of and I have the pictures. One of the pictures is on BBC.co.uk right now and I'm taking the rest to the Gazette tomorrow!
Proud to be an Assyrian!

Marco

Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:07 pm

Scarletharlot thanks for your words. I'm so shaken, I couldn't believe it. The kids were all so young running, frightened, crying. I don't understand what motivates people to carry on savage acts like this. Such a sad day!
Proud to be an Assyrian!

windshear

Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:13 pm

Quoting Marco (Reply 32):
I live across the street from Dawson College in the Alexis Nihon complex. I was actually on my way home from the gym when the shootings happened and I saw EVERYTHING. From my window I sawe everything unfold, the swat teams entering, the victims leaving...there's blood everywhere. I saw the police shoot and kill one of the gunmen, his body is still there right outisde my window as we speak...this whole thing has shaken me up...may God help those suffering ... such a tragedy!!!

BTW the whole building has been closed down, our elevators, the front door, everyhting because a third gunmen is reportedly missing...pretty freaky!

Cheesus mate  Sad
I actually thought of you, had no idea why though, but just glad that you did not attend the college... Freaky I just had this idea that you somehow were close by?!?!? Strange.

Hope you are ok, and may G-d bless you too for being safe  Smile

Boaz.
"If you believe breaking is possible, believe in fixing also"-Rebbe Nachman

Twistedwhisper

Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:41 pm

My thoughts goes out not only to the family of the girl that was killed, but also to the ones who where injured and the entire Canadian people. It's sad that you can not be safe even in school.
Soceity must take strong actions to prevent that things like this continue to happen. It has got to be able to stop situations like this.

Quoting FLYYUL (Reply 50):
The gunman was killed inside the school. Are you sure you saw this?

A picture say more than a thousand words, so look at this:

I doubt that the shot him inside the building, then dragged him out, covered him with a blanket and posted a trooper to guard his body.
Read between the lines.

mika

Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:54 pm

Just woke up here and reading the CBC news on their website..what now surprises me abit is that the shooter is said to be 25 years old, which would mean that he did not attend that school (correct me if i´m wrong but a 25 year old can´t possibly attend a school intended for 16-20 year olds). Usually with this kind of mass shootings the culprit/s are attending the school/workplace that they commit their act, or have very recently been expelled or fired from there. This does not seem to be the case here, which surprises me.

windshear

Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:41 pm

I am just thinking about "Bowling For Columbine", and how much hat Mr. Moore should eat right now... Also happened in Germany not too long ago.

Boaz.
"If you believe breaking is possible, believe in fixing also"-Rebbe Nachman

Qb001

Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:32 pm

Apparently, here's the shooter. His name is Kimveer Gill.

He's dead. A 20 year-old female student is dead. And 5 other students are apparently in serious condition, one with a bullet in the brain.

Fortunately, it's not as bad as Polytechnique.

So far, the official police story is roughly this. Two police officers were on their way to the college on a routine call. When they got out of their car, they heard the first shots. From then, they were able to intervene and call back-ups. They then quickly "neutralized" the shooter.

Personally, I find it very hard to make sense of that chronology.

Edited : Radio-Canada just annouced that two of the victims are artificially maintaind in life. Their condition is now "very critical". In other words, it's only a matter of hours before they die.  crying 

[Edited 2006-09-14 14:37:53]
Never let the facts get in the way of a good theory.

mika

Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:15 am

Surprising that the perpetraitor is not a white male, the absolute majority of all school shooters have been white, young misguided men. Intriguing. I always tried to make sense of the the fact that white ´suburbia´ was overrepresented in the background of school shooters, that all changed now it seems.

I´m not expressing any kind of negative attitude towards any particular race here, i´m just speculating about the facts that i´ve come to know.

Qb001

Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:57 am

Quoting Mika (Reply 58):
Surprising that the perpetraitor is not a white male, the absolute majority of all school shooters have been white, young misguided men. Intriguing. I always tried to make sense of the the fact that white ´suburbia´ was overrepresented in the background of school shooters, that all changed now it seems.

Well, skin color aside, this guy fits your typical school shooter portrait quite well (misguided, isolated, living in the suburb where he built an imaginary world, etc).
Never let the facts get in the way of a good theory.

WhyWhyZed

Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:26 am

The shooter was a member of a site called vampirefreaks.com ... it turns out they deleted his profile since the media got a hold of it and everyone is going to see it. (like me) but the users journal is still up.

http://vampirefreaks.com/journal.php?u=fatality666

read the comments too, for the most recent entry!!

R.I.P - to those who were killed, except the killer himself.

[Edited 2006-09-14 18:27:08]

Cadet57

Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:26 am

Quoting Derico (Reply 21):
But it's North America, who can be surprised.

Get bent.

Quoting Mika (Reply 58):
Surprising that the perpetraitor is not a white male, the absolute majority of all school shooters have been white, young misguided men. I

I dont even know how to begin to tell you how effed up that statement is.

Quoting Mika (Reply 58):
I´m not expressing any kind of negative attitude towards any particular race here, i´m just speculating about the facts that i´ve come to know

Yes, because every school shooting is 3 white guys from "suburbia".
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

Marco

Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:49 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_pictures/5345722.stm

I took the first two pictures ... still horrified ... apparently two more of the victims are close to death, let's keep them in our prayers!
Proud to be an Assyrian!

Cadet57

Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:55 am

Quoting Marco (Reply 62):

Marco, In your first picture, there is blood outside the door of the police car. Was an officer shot?

9VSPO
Topic Author

Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:58 am

Quoting WhyWhyZed (Reply 60):
the users journal is still up.

http://vampirefreaks.com/journal.php?u=fatality666

read the comments too, for the most recent entry!!

It is taking forever to load. Maybe you could explain the last entry?

Marco

Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:04 am

No that was the first victim who was shot as the gunman was crossing the street. I was on the street when that was happening ....
Proud to be an Assyrian!

Cadet57

Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:05 am

Quoting Marco (Reply 65):
No that was the first victim who was shot as the gunman was crossing the street. I was on the street when that was happening ...

Jesus Christ... thats terrible... Stay safe dude, stay safe.

WhyWhyZed

Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:06 am

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 63):
Marco, In your first picture, there is blood outside the door of the police car. Was an officer shot?

I would assume this picture is the same area, different angle, and the blood is from this body...
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/06...14/NYHETER-14s06-polis-885_438.jpg

Quoting 9VSPO (Reply 64):
It is taking forever to load. Maybe you could explain the last entry?

Yeah it was taking awhile for me too, however when I loaded the page to post the entries from that morning, it loaded fast. Anyways here is the most recent entry...

Quote:
Whiskey in the morning, mmmmmm, mmmmmmmmm, good !!  

P.S. When i call people "niggah's" in my journals......it doesn't have anything to do with their skin color. I call white people niggahs too, it's just fun.

It's all dave chappelle's fault, ever since i started watching the chappelle show, i can't stop calling people niggahs  

It was posted yesterday at 10:41AM.... less than an hour before the shooting?? (I first heard about it at noon or 1.)

[Edited 2006-09-14 19:12:50]

Marco

Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:37 am

No the blood is not all from his body...he shot his first victim as he was crossing the street and thats where the other blood is from. Then he was shot and dragged and he bled to death near the same spot. Such a gruesome scene, his body was removed early this morning but the blood is still there!
Proud to be an Assyrian!

mika

Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:42 am

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 61):
I dont even know how to begin to tell you how effed up that statement is.

Please, take the effort to tell me how effed up that statement is. How many school shooters can you tell me have not been young white misguided men? Psychological analysis is the key to understand what makes people do things like this, and like it or not, psychology is very much based on statistics of previous events and behaviors.

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 61):
Yes, because every school shooting is 3 white guys from "suburbia".

Where did you get the number 3 from? The school shootings that have gathered large notice from the public eye in later years have all been committed by white males living with their parents in suburbia. Columbine HS in -99, Thurston HS in -98, and the same seems to be true here, even if i didn´t believe so at first.

mika

Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:48 am

Quoting WhyWhyZed (Reply 67):
Quote:
Whiskey in the morning, mmmmmm, mmmmmmmmm, good !!

P.S. When i call people "niggah's" in my journals......it doesn't have anything to do with their skin color. I call white people niggahs too, it's just fun.

It's all dave chappelle's fault, ever since i started watching the chappelle show, i can't stop calling people niggahs

Have the police found any indication that this guy had a plan to go and shot up the school? From his last posting there it would seem that he didn´t know that he was actually going ahead with it an hour after he made the post. Then again what do i know what he had in his mind..maybe he wanted to make sure that no one could foil his plot.

mika

Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:54 am

"Stop High School Bullying

Stop making fun of each other because of the clothes you wear, or the way people talk or act, or any other reasons you make fun of each other.

It's all the jocks' fault

JOCKS ARE NO GOOD

So Just Stop...............o.k.???

Mood:Angry at the jocks
Music:Subway to Sally - Unsterblich"

A post from his journal..It wouldn´t surprise me if this guy was idolizing Dylan and Eric for what they did at Columbine, many of his posts at that site go along the same lines as their rant did before they commited the attack at Columbine. Jocks, Germany, Teachers not acting against bullying, etc etc. What do you guys all think?

LHMark

Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:40 am

Quoting WhyWhyZed (Reply 60):
The shooter was a member of a site called vampirefreaks.com ... it turns out they deleted his profile since the media got a hold of it and everyone is going to see it. (like me) but the users journal is still up.

Damn. I know the owner of VampireFreaks. He used to be a club DJ here in Crapchester and got my old band gigs in NYC. I hope he doesn't take any flak for this.
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

WhyWhyZed

Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:37 am

Quoting Mika (Reply 70):
Have the police found any indication that this guy had a plan to go and shot up the school? From his last posting there it would seem that he didn't know that he was actually going ahead with it an hour after he made the post. Then again what do i know what he had in his mind..maybe he wanted to make sure that no one could foil his plot.

Perhaps the line "whisky in the morning" had any affect on his decisions. Basically what i'm saying was, could he have been intoxicated as well? It's always a possibility, however, he seems like he did like his alcohol. (from other journal entries) ... Also what Mika said in reply 71, is a possibility.

Quoting LHMARK (Reply 72):
Damn. I know the owner of VampireFreaks. He used to be a club DJ here in Crapchester and got my old band gigs in NYC. I hope he doesn't take any flak for this.

I don't think the owner of the site himself would be taking any "flak" for it. But the site itself is definitely getting some bad media attention, IMO. However, he shouldn't be held liable for such an incident. For example if some first class member here, who doesn't really post on the forums, etc etc but is a member, had done this... Johan all the way in Sweden has nothing to do with it. I don't think they could even make him shut down the site. But hey, you never know now-a-days!

Cadet57

Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:31 am

Quoting Mika (Reply 69):
How many school shooters can you tell me have not been young white misguided men?

How about the violence that goes on in black and hispanic inner city neighborhoods across the country. How about shootings in LA County or Miami-Dade. But those dont apparently matter as those kids are black and hispanic and well the big box media really only gives a shit if its white kids from "good" families that pop a few of his classmates then himself.

Quoting Mika (Reply 69):
Where did you get the number 3 from?

Well that was mostly just a random number... But Columbine was 2 shooters, plus the countless others that knew of their plan.

mika

Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:56 am

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 74):
How about the violence that goes on in black and hispanic inner city neighborhoods across the country. How about shootings in LA County or Miami-Dade. But those dont apparently matter as those kids are black and hispanic and well the big box media really only gives a shit if its white kids from "good" families that pop a few of his classmates then himself.

You are describing gang and/or crime related violence, very different from a seemingly innocent teenager that plots an attack at his school that will take as many people as possible out along with himself. In the case of Columbine this plan was done 1 year prior.

You can´t compare gang and street crimes and shootings with a school shooting, they are not even on the same chart. Gang crimes are acts of control/vengance/monetary profit and a school shooting is an act of desperation, a misguided and often alienated young person's last call for help. It´s almost always a suicide mission.

mika

Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:02 am

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 74):
plus the countless others that knew of their plan.

No one but themselves actually knew of their plan. The Brown family had alerted the law enforcement about Eric Harris' death threats against Brooks Brown some months prior to when Columbine happened but these calls went unheeded. Had L.E stepped in with a search warrant to the Harris' home then it is beleived that they would have found the weapons Eric kept hidden in his room, but other than that no one else actually knew of their doomsday plan. As far as we the public are concerned that is.

Cadet57

Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:02 am

Quoting Mika (Reply 75):

Not gang violence. Im referring to inner city school violence where if you so much as give someone "the look" its shanks in English 101.

mika

Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:07 am

Cadet,

You did mention neighbourhoods and not schools in your post, so that's what i assumed. So what about the violence in inner city schools then? How many people get shot to death by ethnic minorities there during the course of a year? I doubt at any rate that these are plotted acts of mass murder anyways, and that it would include the perpetraitor taking his own life in the process. It´s not the same thing that we are talking about here.

Cadet57

Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:17 am

Quoting Mika (Reply 78):
You did mention neighbourhoods and not schools in your post, so that's what i assumed

My apologies. I was trying to point out schools.

Quoting Mika (Reply 78):
how many people get shot to death by ethnic minorities there during the course of a year?

Are you referring to schools or general population?

Quoting Mika (Reply 78):
It´s not the same thing that we are talking about here.

No, It may not be. But it is still school violence any way you slice it. I dont care if 1 or 100 kids are shot. Not that I want anyone to be shot. But a school shooting, is a school shooting. Dont matter if you are White, Black, Tan, Purple, French, German, Canadian...

mika

Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:12 pm

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 79):
Are you referring to schools or general population?

Schools.

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 79):
No, It may not be. But it is still school violence any way you slice it. I dont care if 1 or 100 kids are shot. Not that I want anyone to be shot. But a school shooting, is a school shooting. Dont matter if you are White, Black, Tan, Purple, French, German, Canadian...

The point is that what i have been referring to in this thread (aswell as what this thread is about) is by definition a school shooting, not school violence in general where a kid gets accidentally (or purposely for that matter) shot or in any other way killed by another kid; be it black, white or latino. While you recognized that what you have been mentioning is not the same thing as what we are talking about here you still say that a "school shooting is a school shooting".

My final point is that there really is no interest in comparing these two very different types of occurances, it´s like comparing apples and oranges. And while you like it or not (i cant really see why you hate that idea so much) young white males are the absolute majority of all school shooters throughout the years. There is no way around that.

I am white myself i might add.