Topic Author

Movies That Make You Cry

Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:57 pm

images from imdb.com

edward scissorshand

forrest gump

spirited away

what are yours and why?

(i will not be impressed by witty comments and i do not appreciate sarcasm, thanks!)
please relax, enjoy your flight... Good Luck!!

QFA380

RE: Movies That Make You Cry

Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:40 pm

Hey, you know what sucks about having a search engine that doesn't work? People have an excuse not to search at all and then go ahead and post stuff that has been said before.

UH60FtRucker

Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:43 pm

Here are some "sad" movies. And I'll explain why.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Bosom Buddies" - ok, so it was a TV show. But here we have two people PRETENDING to be someone they're not. That's really sad, isn't it?

"The Bourne Identity." - This guy - Jason Bourne - doesn't know who he is! And he sets out to find out who he really is. Because no one wants to ACT LIKE SOMEONE THEY'RE NOT. Because if they did... that would be sad, right?

"Liar Liar" - The main character has an OBSESSION WITH LYING. He can't help himself, and even though everyone around him knows he is lying - he continues to do it. That's undeniably sad.

"Mrs Doubtfire" - Get this, a grown man, PRETENDS TO ACT A DIFFERENT AGE THAN HE REALLY IS, and he dresses like a woman!! That's definitely sad.

True Lies" - Harry, the main character, is a FRAUD. He works for the CIA, but pretends to be a boring office worker. His own wife didn't know how big of a fraud he was. Totally sad.

"US Marshals" - If you've seen the movie, you'll remember that one of the main characters - played by Robert Downey Jr - was PRETENDING TO BE A GOOD GUY, WHEN REALLY HE WAS A TWISTED PSYCHOPATHIC KILLER! Yeah, at the end of the movie, Tommy Lee Jones had to bust a cap in his ass. Without a doubt... sad.

"Hannibal" - This was a movie based around a guy who was COMPLETELY UNHINGED. He scared the sh*t out of everyone. And all the people just wished he'd go away and leave them alone. So, a person who is unhinged and refuses to leave.... that is an unquestionably sad thing.

"Loser" - HA! This movie is titled and focused around a man who is a LOSER! Now THAT is sad.

-------------------------

Alright, so lets review the themes I find to be "sad"....

- Pretending to be someone else
- Acting like someone you're not
- Obsession with lying
- Pretending to act a different age than you really are
- Being a FRAUD
- Pretending to be a good guy, when you're really a psychopathic killer
- Being completely unhinged
- And being a loser.

Hmmmmm.... Wow, Shinkai, doesn't this sounds eerily familiar!?!?

-UH60

[Edited 2006-11-18 07:47:42]
Your men have to follow your orders. They don't have to go to your funeral.

ANCFlyer

Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:51 pm

Quoting UH60FtRucker (Reply 2):

Absofuckinlutely BRILLIANT!!!

rotfl  rotfl  rotfl  rotfl  rotfl  rotfl  rotfl  rotfl 

Quoting Shinkai (Thread starter):
Movies That Make You Cry

None.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

QFA380

Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:00 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 3):

Absofuckinlutely BRILLIANT!!!

Must agree.

I am starting to think Shinkai may be the next (block your ears) Zen, pisses everyone off then leaves. Or at least I hope so.

Shinkai
Topic Author

Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:04 pm

Wow, Shinkai, doesn't this sounds eerily familiar!?!?

no. but absolutely great choice of movie! well done! i'd agree with the mrs. doubtfire part! the ending was rather sad, i nearly cried too!

Shinkai
Topic Author

Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:08 pm

by the way, just out of curiosity! are you in Iraq right now flying helicopters?  

cause thats what i heard and i think thats real heroic of you, truly worthy of respect fighting for the country!

[Edited 2006-11-18 08:09:39]

AsstChiefMark

Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:11 pm

Citizen Kane

Mark
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

Lazarus31

Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:30 pm

Quoting Shinkai (Reply 6):
by the way, just out of curiosity! are you in Iraq right now flying helicopters?

cause thats what i heard and i think thats real heroic of you, truly worthy of respect fighting for the country!

Oi moron!! when will u ever get it?? like i said b4, ur credibilty has been lost so nothing u say will get peoples respect anymore! there is absolutely no point trying to kiss someones arse. LEW-HEW-SER!!!!

Laz

Shinkai
Topic Author

Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:37 pm

UH:

now i'm just wondering, what kind of internet connexion do they have in Iraq?

the U.S. kind?

while you were doing your "oh i am a CSI detective oh look at me i am so smart i make smart conclusions" work on yours truly, you left some trails behind. no Iraqi ISP visiting my blog over the week. intriguing.

maybe you are in Iraq using an american ISP right now, but that's kind of funny. even if its an American ISP located in Iraq, the webtracker would have surely indicated that you're in Iraq. or MAYBE, you are in america right now, claiming that you are in Iraq and going aroung exposing other people.

for what reason? hmm, now let me think, maybe it serves as a good distraction to your own skeleton in the closet. Iraqi helicopter pilot with so much time to spare on the internet, now i wonder why isn't anyone suspicious of that.

but of course! before anyone gets any suspicious, you expose someone else first, making it seem as if it is REALLY impossible for you to be a fraud! (since, well, you are a top notch fraud buster) truly smart indeed! well done, mate!

if a.net is THE ONLY PLACE where you can make yourself look like a hero and attain self satisfaction, then you have all my support! you know i like to help people make them feel good about themselves and all that, distributing sweets to children and stuff.

i can be the bad guy while you can be the police! you can be the Kim Jung Il of a.net! the MASTER who everyone is afraid of. on A.net only that is.

but is this how you look like behind the computer? i'm just a teeeny weeeny curious.

i really understand why you have to lie about being an Iraqi helicopter pilot. we both in the same boat!

cheers!

PS: i'm going to lie that i'm a North Korean nuclear launcher pilot in my next account, or maybe a Somali soldier.. or an Iranian nuclear scientist with the intention of bringing Education and distributing sweets and giving up my pay to all the poverty striken of the world! i hope you support me then! Catch Me If You Can!

ANCFlyer

Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:42 pm

Quoting Shinkai (Reply 9):

You need to be backing up, and fast.

What needs to happen is the Moderators need to delete your sorry ass, but failing that, you can count on a few us of browbeating you at every opportunity.

I can assure you, UH60 is as he describes. Unlike your sorry ass . . . a proven liar and fraud.

It's a good bet you're a former user just back playing a silly assed game. What is interesting to note is that you don't piss anyone off, but you do provide a degree of entertainment. Very few here can provide so much fodder for the kicking.

You'll be gone soon enough, in the mean time, it'll be fun watching you self-destruct with another a-netters boot up your ass in the process.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

QFA380

Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:42 pm

This is gonna be good...

*goes and gets popcorn*

Lazarus31

Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:44 pm

UH60, i think you need to send some of your boys to whop this guy's arse!!maybe then he'll realise everythings not a F***ing joke. h'es gone way outa line now.

laz

[Edited 2006-11-18 08:45:35]

Shinkai
Topic Author

Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:45 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 10):
What is interesting to note is that you don't piss anyone off, but you do provide a degree of entertainment.

that has always been my intention  Wink

kiwiinoz

Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:49 pm

I am loving this guy. I still can't figure out which bits are for real and which bits are a genuine, constructed wind-up.

No deletions please!! I vote for Shinkai to stick around!!

UH60FtRucker

Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:53 pm

That was a pretty well thought out post, Shenkai... but far from the "drr... I like an Asian girl. Where is sinapour? I know! Europe! Har har!"

So on some days you're stupid, and some days you're able to make coherent thoughts? What gives?

you left some trails behind. no Iraqi ISP visiting my blog over the week. intriguing.

**Sigh**  bored 

We've discussed this before.  Yeah sure

Now I'll excuse you because the current search engine is total crap compared to the old one. (But you knew that, you've been around anet for quite some time...) But yes, we've discussed the internet situation before - I'm not sure exactly how it works, but it goes through proxies. And as far as we can tell, not always the same one. Sometimes I am in the US. Sometimes I am in Germany. And sometimes I am in South Korea. Probably because those are three major DoD internet/SipperNET hubs. *shrugs*

BUT - in March we are meeting Las Vegas for an "A.Net Meet" I will be there with my wife. PLEASE join us! I would like to buy you a beer... because I suspect you're truthfully old enough to drink one.

-UH60
Your men have to follow your orders. They don't have to go to your funeral.

kiwiinoz

Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:58 pm

Quoting UH60FtRucker (Reply 15):
BUT - in March we are meeting Las Vegas for an "A.Net Meet" I will be there with my wife. PLEASE join us! I would like to buy you a beer... because I suspect you're truthfully old enough to drink one.

We don't even really know where he is yet.....

Shinkai, if you're ever passing through Hong Kong, (just near Lima, in Peru), drop us a line. I will take you out too.

Shinkai
Topic Author

Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:04 pm

Quoting UH60FtRucker (Reply 15):

i'll be there

[email protected]

Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:26 pm

Quoting Shinkai (Thread starter):
spirited away

I have this film, but I haven't seen it properly yet...

I can't remember actually crying from watching a movie, but I had a pretty big lump in my throat during "Requiem for a dream", especially towards the end.

Still the best film I've ever seen, in my book.

[email protected]
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

Shinkai
Topic Author

Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:33 pm

Quoting KiwiinOz (Reply 16):
Shinkai, if you're ever passing through Hong Kong, (just near Lima, in Peru), drop us a line. I will take you out too.

the last time i checked, Hong Kong is not anywhere near Lima in Peru. it is actually in Asia, to the South of China.

Quoting [email protected] (Reply 18):
I have this film, but I haven't seen it properly yet...

you don't know what you're missing! it is the most tear-jerking movie ever! it's basically a fantasy-type story, like alice in wonderland and it'll leave you thinking. you should watch it!

[email protected]

Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:38 pm

Quoting Shinkai (Reply 19):
you don't know what you're missing! it is the most tear-jerking movie ever! it's basically a fantasy-type story, like alice in wonderland and it'll leave you thinking. you should watch it!

Yeah, I know. I've only seen bits and pieces, but almost enough to pick up the story. I'll watch it full length sometime, don't worry.  Smile

[email protected]
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

kiwiinoz

Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:42 pm

the last time i checked, Hong Kong is not anywhere near Lima in Peru. it is actually in Asia, to the South of China.

Good work, you uncovered my ever-so-subtle ruse, you are a clever one.

So whe are you going to start your quiz thread?

Shinkai
Topic Author

Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:48 pm

maybe in a few days... lately things have been crazy here in a.net and there seem to be an issue with starting too many threads in one day!

adopim88

Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:56 pm

Quoting QFA380 (Reply 11):
This is gonna be good...

*goes and gets popcorn*

checkmark 
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

IAH777

Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:37 pm

Yet Senguhpoor mysteriously migrated from Yerup...

Halcyon

Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:43 pm

I actually am more than a little creeped out by the odd behavior of Shinkai. Not creeped out in the "scary freak" way, but rather in the "using mirrors to spy in changing rooms" sort of way. Normal people simply do not act like him, and it's much too late to take back the actions. I'll always have that odd feeling of....not even sure what to call it....toward him.

Lucas

ThePRGuy

Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:27 pm

OY. Are you some kind of mentally ill moron?
You are a more extreme, and more arrogant Singapore_Air,
You've got the sarcasm thing right.
Congratulations for being this weeks A.net A.hole

Thanks
Alex
Heathrow has been described as the only building site to have its own airport.

Halcyon

Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:06 pm

Quoting Shinkai (Reply 22):
lately things have been crazy here in a.net

-Lucas

NeilYYZ

Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:12 pm

You stepped in it now.

As for what movies made me cry. None. Saving Private Ryan came close though, I'll admit that.
It may be too early to drink scotch... But it is NEVER too early to think about it...

Shinkai
Topic Author

Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:29 pm

Quoting Halcyon (Reply 25):

And you have a good day too!

Kieron747

Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:32 pm

Quoting Shinkai (Reply 29):

So you're 46-55 now are you Shinkai? Is that the real age then, or more bullshit?

Kieron747

Airliners.Net - The Jam Rag Of The Web.

Shinkai
Topic Author

Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:34 pm

More bullshit  Smile

The message you were about to post is too short and probably not of any higher value to the topic at hand. You should think long and hard before posting a message in this forum and make it detailed and a valuable addition to the topic discussed.

Avoid posting "Me Too" messages. These are messages that are posted by people who agree to a point being discussed and post a one liner, "me too!", "Good post Jim!", "I disagree" or similar message. This takes up time as readers must sort through these messages which have no real value to the group at large. Any message containing nothing more than a line or two of text is probably not worth posting.

If you have an opinion on a topic, you should in detail express why you have the opinion and what made you come to that conclusion.

Your post should be relevant to the topic discussed.

cfalk

Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:53 pm

Quoting NeilYYZ (Reply 28):
As for what movies made me cry. None. Saving Private Ryan came close though, I'll admit that.

Saving Private Ryan is the only movie I can ever recall where I got all choked up. Specifically, the final scene in the Normandy cemetary. Powerful stuff.
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

HAWK21M

Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:06 pm

None.
But a few that make me sad if it resembles something I've observed in reality.Like Dil chahtha hai.
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

nkops

Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:37 pm

The first time I saw Ghost it choked me up!! Along with Saving Private Ryan..

I did cry at "Me , Myself and Irene" but only because I couldn't believe I wasted money to see that at the theater!!
Turn left heading 080 contact departure

NeilYYZ

Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:42 pm

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 32):
Saving Private Ryan is the only movie I can ever recall where I got all choked up. Specifically, the final scene in the Normandy cemetary. Powerful stuff.

That's the scene that got me. It might happen with Flags of Our Fathers, I'm not too sure, my old man wants me to go to that with him, so when I'm home over Christmas I'll probably go see it.
It may be too early to drink scotch... But it is NEVER too early to think about it...

civ4b2fan

Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:19 am

Definitely Old Yeller and frequency

SlamClick

Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:54 am

Well this one:

The dumbasses crashed a very rare B-17 and killed several people just to make a really stupid movie that didn't need to be made.
The whole production company belongs in jail.

If you want to know something about the Memphis Belle, read Menno Duerksen's book or see the William Wyler documentary.
Happiness is not seeing another trite Ste. Maarten photo all week long.

Yirina77

Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:09 am

It was not a movie, but book, which made me cry. The writer is Johanes Mario Simmel and book name is Love is just a word...When I finished reading this book I felt completely down and desperated for few hours.

fxramper

Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:09 am

The end of Cast Away...good ole Chuck survived to come back to his girl, only to find out she was married with kids already...I teared up.  yes 

The end of Armageddon...where the little boy is reunited with his dad.  yes 

sunshine79

Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:36 am

The film that makes me cry the most is Who Will Love My Children? I haven´t watched in years though, but it´s a great film.
Formerly alcregular, Why drive when you can fly?