Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ajd1992

RE: What's The Big Deal About Penises?

Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:00 am

Maybe it's just me being self conscious... i wouldn't want anybody looking at mine unless i was showing them. Then again, people think I look at the lads getting changed while i'm getting changed too; I'm not in there to stare, i'm in there to change ¬_¬. It's not like I'm only into males anyway. We do have showers at school, but never use them (It doesn't matter much anyway, PE is last lesson anyway. Even if it did, i wouldn't use them because i have confidence issues).

On topic - I'd say the big deal is curiosity more than anything, but that's just my opinion. I've never had a group shower, but then again i wouldn't anyway in case something happens down there  Big grin  hissyfit   innocent 

Aeroflot777

Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:43 am

Personally, I could care less about showering with others. It's as simple as that. If people come to the showers to look at other guys, there is something wrong with them, and they need to get out more. We all have the same thing down there, and shouldn't care about seeing another guy's dick. You go in the shower, you do your thing, and leave. Many young guys at the gym I go to leave without showering, but I think thats disgusting. Grow some balls, take your clothes off and shower. Thats just a personal opinion though.

Can some one please answer my question that I've been trying to find the answer to for ages?

Why are people ashamed of their bodies, we're all the same!

Aeroflot777

adopim88

Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:56 am

Quoting YWG (Reply 10):
a.net is a f*cking sausage fest anyways....

Us female a.netters are here...you just gotta know where to look  Smile

Quoting Aeroflot777 (Reply 51):

A lot of people don't see themselves as the same. Our world has put such an emphasis on what is hot and what is not. I know that males feel that pressure too, but as for me being female and being bombarded every day with what the "perfect body" should be is enough to make any girl (considering that only maybe 3 or 4% of the population ACTUALLY looks like that) ashamed. I don't know exactly what it is for guys.....
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

ManuCH

Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:56 am

Quoting Aeroflot777 (Reply 51):

I think there isn't any correct or complete response to your question. It's a matter of psychology: some people just won't show their body naked. I was the same when I was 16. There's no real "why", it's "just because". Probably the way we are educated by our parents? Or just something inherent to our character? Any psychologists here?  Smile

Interesting thread, indeed.

-Manuel
Never trust a statistic you didn't fake yourself

cy319

Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:01 am

some people look at other men's penises due to curiosity (= compare sizes), others due to admiration and desire to conquer.  Smile
Avgeek & frequent traveller

BA787

Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:21 am

Speaking as a fourteen year-old who is perfectly happy wityh his body and its genitilia Big grin (wel im a bit fat but who isn't Big grin), I still would be uncomfortable being naked in front of other boys and them in front of me. Just doesn't seem right to me

Quoting Ajd1992 (Reply 50):
On topic - I'd say the big deal is curiosity more than anything, but that's just my opinion. I've never had a group shower, but then again i wouldn't anyway in case something happens down there

I'm not to worried in that aspect, something will only happen down there for me if there is a woman present, and even then wshe would have to be good looking Big grin

And I would be uncomfortable in a group shower in my sports group. No offence, but half of them bat for the other team and the other half will want to compare diock sizes and tht is borderline gay anyway. Na Ill shower when Im at home at elast until Im an adult when at least there will be less fascination with the size of your dick, and less people who arent sure which team they are on yet. Then Ill be happy to shower with anyone, providing there is an insanely gourgeous woman present Big grin

VSlover

Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:32 am

there was a whole book i read about this called the adonis complex

the book detailed among other issues the body issues younger generations of men now contend with from calvin klein ads to mens health magazines

the result in the most simplistic form is you look at any gym locker room and the only people naked walking around are by and large the older men...because they grew up in a different period.

i would have to agree with most of the premise of the book--its not just women who have to deal with this crap.