UALPHLCS
Topic Author

Woman Spits In Soldier's Face

Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:42 pm

So much for liberal's claims of supporting the troops, but not the mission:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1750677/posts?page=56

At first I wanted to spit in her face. But then I thought better of it. I think this woman needs a real education. She ought to be sent to the Middle East. She should see what's its really like. She should be forced to go to Afghanistan. She should have to go to Normandy and Iwo Gima and all the other places US Soldiers died to make others free. Then if she still wants to spit in their face, she should be left there.

If she doesn't want to honor those who make her freedom possible she ought to be denied those freedoms. See if there is another country out there that will take her, and give her the cushy life she leads.

The Soldier was from the 10th Mountain Division based at Fort Drum NY. My Brothers were in 10th Mountain on 9-11. 10th Mountain was put on alert and plans were made for them to "Secure Manhattan" should things have really broken down and the Police overwhelmed. Fortunately, that was not needed. But you can bet your ass that this woman would have welcomed their protection if that situation had gotten worse.

The ungrateful Bitch.
A little less Hooah, and a little more Dooah.

jfk69

RE: Woman Spits In Soldier's Face

Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:45 pm

Ship her to Iraq and let her spit in a man's face over there. Let' see the results......

Enjoy your freedom ya twat!

ORFflyer

Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:46 pm

He should have spit back.

With his sidearm!

LHMark

Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:52 pm

Quoting UALPHLCS (Thread starter):

yup. The liberals had a big meeting and nominated a designated spitter. That's the way these things work.
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

oly720man

Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:55 pm

http://www.americans-working-together.com/jack_cunningham/id82.html

LAUREN MAGGI HAS A PRELIMINARY HEARING AT 2PM, JANUARY 4, 2007, BEFORE JUDGE HIGGINS, COURTROOM 260A, ONADAGA COUNTY/CITY OF SYRACUSE CRIMINAL COURTHOUSE , 505 SOUTH STREET, SYRACUSE, NY 13202.
wheat and dairy can screw up your brain

KROC

Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:05 pm

Quoting LHMARK (Reply 3):
yup. The liberals had a big meeting and nominated a designated spitter. That's the way these things work.

I heard she drives a Honda Element too.

UALPHLCS
Topic Author

Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:13 pm

Quoting KROC (Reply 5):

More likely a Prius.

The liberals had a big meeting and nominated a designated spitter.

I see. So I guess Conservatives got together and nominated Jack Abramoff to torpedo the mid-term elections. In other words how is it that Liberals can paint with a broad brush but conservatives can't?

FlyingColours

Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:14 pm

Quoting ORFflyer (Reply 2):

Amen!

Quoting KROC (Reply 5):

What is that, another Hybrid car?

Phil
FlyingColours
Lifes a train racing towards you, now you can either run away or grab a chair & a beer and watch it come - Phil

stlgph

Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:16 pm

Quoting UALPHLCS (Reply 6):

an Abramoff reference? holy cow, you're just really scouring for something to respond with there, aren't ya?
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

LHMark

Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:26 pm

I see. So I guess Conservatives got together and nominated Jack Abramoff to torpedo the mid-term elections. In other words how is it that Liberals can paint with a broad brush but conservatives can't?

You can paint with any brush you want. If you wanna compare the direct influence of a high-profile political insider with direct access to DC movers and shakers to a crazy lady in Syracuse, go ahead. But it sounds retarded.

The story doesn't mention a motive. She's probably batshit crazy.
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

UALPHLCS
Topic Author

Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:39 pm

Quoting LHMARK (Reply 9):

Fine. I'll get back on point, I've had more coffee so my brain is functioning better. Abramoff was the best I could come up with in the heat of the moment.

Regardless of her own mental state, she deliberately did this. She asked the soldier if he was stationed at Fort Drum. He said yes. He was very courteous, she spit in his face, he took the high road and got the police, which says a lot about his disciple and self control, which is better than mine, I would have hauled off and hit her.

The fact is, this incident is indicative of what the Democrats have sown over the past two and a half years. This woman is an idiot, she obviously can't think for herself, she is a product of Liberal rhetoric of the past. As Liberals get more and more shrill, they breed dopes like this woman who act on what they hear.

Howard Dean, Jack Murtha and the like aren't directly responsible, and they will certainly distance themselves from this woman and condemn her, just as other liberals (even on here) are going to do. But Lauren Maggi's actions are the logical conclusion to the rhetoric Liberals have used. You can't support the troops and not their mission.

LHMark

Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:52 pm

Quoting UALPHLCS (Reply 10):
Howard Dean, Jack Murtha and the like aren't directly responsible, and they will certainly distance themselves from this woman and condemn her, just as other liberals (even on here) are going to do. But Lauren Maggi's actions are the logical conclusion to the rhetoric Liberals have used. You can't support the troops and not their mission.

How can you get more distant? We're not talking about a high-profile liberal here. It's just some random lady. I guess we can consider ourselves lucky that she's the only one in a nation of 300 million to draw the 'logical conclusion.'

Again, the story really doesn't show a motive. Was she actively protesting the war at the time? Was she simply waiting for her bag? Was she coked up? We have no idea. I know what conclusion the Post-Standard wants people to draw..

stlgph

Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:57 pm

The fact is, this incident is indicative of what the Democrats have sown over the past two and a half years. This woman is an idiot, she obviously can't think for herself, she is a product of Liberal rhetoric of the past. As Liberals get more and more shrill, they breed dopes like this woman who act on what they hear.

You're totally right. Us liberals are all in this together. Which means everybody is therefore guilty by association, including myself. Of course me personally...I'd rather be associated with this lady than say...Ann Coulter.

And of course you can support the troops and not the mission .... just ask people who like Coca Cola about "New Coke."

mbmbos

Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:59 pm

The fact is, this incident is indicative of what the Democrats have sown over the past two and a half years.

The fact is? This isn't fact. This is your opinion.

You can moralize all you want, but it is merely your opinion. By the way, I think most people see through these gross generalizations.

You can't support the troops and not their mission.

And another little jewel! Do you think you can possibly explain this statement?
"If I don't manage to fly, someone else will. The spirit wants only for there to be flying. As for who happens to do it, in that he has only a passing interest."
- R.M. Rilke

OlegShv

Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:05 am

Quoting MBMBOS (Reply 13):

Yeah, I'd like some elaboration on this too.

UALPHLCS
Topic Author

Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:12 am

Quoting STLGph (Reply 12):
Of course me personally...I'd rather be associated with this lady than say...Ann Coulter.

I'll take Ann Coulter any day of the week and twice on Sunday. At least she backs her statements up and doens't run away from them. You'd rather be associated with someone who spits in the face of someone who provides you with the ability to make that statement? Then you are no better than her.

Quoting MBMBOS (Reply 13):

Just what IS the mission?

mbmbos

Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:15 am

Quoting UALPHLCS (Reply 15):

You're the one who made the banal statement. Explain it yourself.
"If I don't manage to fly, someone else will. The spirit wants only for there to be flying. As for who happens to do it, in that he has only a passing interest."
- R.M. Rilke

BHMNONREV

Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:38 am

How did this turn into a political thread?? We were discussing some whack-job nutball who may or may not been under the influence of something and spitting on someone who defends her nation when all of a sudden the name of Ann (please don't get me started on her) Coulter rears it's ugly head.

Now if Ms. Maggi had taken the time to spit on Ms. Coulter I would have sent her a $20.00 donation on her behalf...

In regards to the original topic, what this woman did was despicable. Maybe if she came over here and had one of these kids die in her arms it may change her tune a bit...

UALPHLCS
Topic Author

Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:43 am

Quoting MBMBOS (Reply 16):

You're the one who made the banal statement.

The mission is to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

Soldiers do that whenever they do the job they are sent to do by the civilian leadership.

So you can call is banal, but by doing so it underscores the difference between you and I. Calling it banal, highlights how cynical and shallow Liberals have become.

Some people, I certainly include myself in this, appreciate the sacrifice and the freedoms Soldiers and Sailors have and continue to give. I don't pay lip service to it on Memorial Day or Veteran's Day or Pearl Harbor Day. The most banal statement is "I support the troops, but not the mission." It's cynical hairsplitting. Its hiding behind a comforting cliche.

STLGph was honest at least. Go ahead Liberals embrace Lauren Maggi, you all have in word, just not in deed... yet.

kmh1956

Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:47 am

The hell you can't. I fully support the troops, but I sure as hell don't support the current situation they find themselves in. OK...first, it was 9/11....that was Osama, right? not Iraq...then it was WMD....no luck there, Dubya.....then Saddam, OK..he's been taken down...now what?

I look at some of the bios on the dead in Iraq. Many are younger than my daughter and her boyfriend. They should be in college, going to frat parties, dating....not picking up pieces of their dead friends in some God-forsaken hole halfway around the world. If they were truly fighting for American freedoms then I'd be behind this war, but I don't see it.

OK, I'll put away my soapbox now.
'Somebody tell me why I'm on my own if there's a soulmate for everyone' :Natasha Bedingfield

UALPHLCS
Topic Author

Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:55 am

Quoting Kmh1956 (Reply 19):
The hell you can't.

Whatever you tell yourself to make you feel better.

See my post above.

Then go back and lie to yourself.

mbmbos

Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:05 am

Quoting UALPHLCS (Reply 18):
The mission is to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

You've haven't mentioned anything about the war with Iraq in your discussion of "mission." Care to comment on that?
- R.M. Rilke

halls120

Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:18 am

The liberals had a big meeting and nominated a designated spitter.

You forget the basic rule of politics 101 in America. Liberals never do anything wrong. How could you have forgotten this?  Wink

Actually, I've been impressed with the left on this issue for the past several years. Except for the random John Kerry and Charlie Rangel elitist remark, they have managed quite nicely to suppress their innate dislike of the military, and have seemed to recognize that most Americans have very little tolerance for disrespect of the individual serviceman and woman.
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

UALPHLCS
Topic Author

Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:21 am

Quoting MBMBOS (Reply 21):
You've haven't mentioned anything about the war with Iraq in your discussion of "mission." Care to comment on that?

You have some poor reading comprehension skills.

Quoting UALPHLCS (Reply 18):
Soldiers do that whenever they do the job they are sent to do by the civilian leadership.

Be they sent to Bosnia, Korea, Afghanistan, or Iraq, they go where they are told to go, fight who they are told to fight.

You can't separate and pick and choose, it's not an a la carte thing.

I didn't like my brother being sent to Bosnia for NO reason what-so-ever, but I supported it, the decision was made.

The decision was made, to fight this war offensively. The US wasn't going to play defense. It is a policy I agree with personally. I'd rather support the troops killing jihadis in Iraq than supporting the Police catching Jihadis here.

Again you can NOT separate the Troops from the mission. It can not be done. Therefore this woman has taken democrat rhetoric at face value and acted on it. Whatever Liberals tell themselves to make them feel better are just words.

mbmbos

Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:38 am

Quoting UALPHLCS (Reply 23):
You have some poor reading comprehension skills.

And you have poor rhetorical skills. Here's how your little game goes.

When someone disagrees with our involvement in the Iraq war, they are a) a liberal, b) don't support the troops because, c) one can't support the troops if one doesn't support the mission.

When pressed on what you mean by "mission", you bait and switch. You swap war with Iraq with some high minded language about supporting and defending our constitution and our way of life.

By doing this, you are casting people who disagree with the war (you call them "liberals") as being traitors, i.e., being against our constitution and way of life.

If you look up the definition of "banal" you will see that it means overused. This bait and switch routine has been used time and again by those who want to shut down any disagreement and/or discussion whatsoever about the U.S. involvement in Iraq and the role the U.S. plays, in general, in the world.

It's getting pretty thread-bare. People see through it.
- R.M. Rilke

seb146

Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:48 am

I had thought Liberals were trying to point out this whole time the fact we can support the troops and not the war/mission. I have never heard political leaders on the left saying they do not support the troops. Especially former Marine John Murtha.

Quoting UALPHLCS (Reply 23):
I didn't like my brother being sent to Bosnia for NO reason what-so-ever, but I supported it, the decision was made.

Putting coalition forces in the middle of a civil war and trying to remove a brutal dictator? How do you feel about Iraq?

GO CANUCKS!!
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

BMIFlyer

Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:49 am

What an ungrateful bitch!

She needs a slap across the face.  Angry

Lee
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

UH60FtRucker

Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:51 am

If she doesn't want to honor those who make her freedom possible she ought to be denied those freedoms.

I think that comment, in of itself, is a slap in the face to the troops.

We don't protect the rights of only those who AGREE with us... we protect the rights of ALL Americans. Including the the rights of those who don't like us. They have the right to protest against us, hate us, call us baby killers, or whatever other rubbish they might say.

So the whole, "You must honor the troops because they give you your right to free speech" argument is really self defeating... b/c if they were truly granted free speech, then it would include their right to NOT honor the troops.

I don't want to get into a debate about what liberals have/haven't done for our troops.

But if you're going to make such vast generalizations about liberals, you need to do the same for conservatives. Because guess what... a lot of your conservative heroes are also guilty of failing to support me an my brothers in arms.

-Who sent us here with 45% of requested strength levels? A conservative leadership.

-Who still refuses to provide necessary force levels? A conservative leadership.

-Why are we in the military STILL in a major budget crunch - while massive tax cuts were made? A Republican congress.

-Who is limiting - or flat out killing - new weapon system acquisition programs? A Republican congress and DoD leadership.

-Who has rolled back aid for veterans and made TriCare more expensive for current and ex military? A Republican Veterans Affairs department.

--------------------------

Look, the point is, a lot of conservative Republicans are just as guilty as liberals for failing to support the troops. And if you're going to make vast generalizations about liberals... because a few bad eggs... then by the same logic you should do the same for conservatives, yes?

Ever heard of the saying, "actions speak louder than words"? Well supporting the troops is more than just verbally saying it... it requires action. So just because you wave the flag a little higher, and scream a little louder, doesn't mean you support the troops more than anyone else.  Yeah sure

-UH60
Your men have to follow your orders. They don't have to go to your funeral.

UALPHLCS
Topic Author

Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:57 am

Quoting MBMBOS (Reply 24):
If you look up the definition of "banal" you will see that it means overused.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/banal

Adjective
banal

Common in a boring way, to the point of being predictable; containing nothing new or fresh

Synonyms
cliche, cliché
corny
everyday
hackneyed
prosaic
trite
vapid

This is the definition I labor under. This is the definition I took your use to mean. If you want to reconsider your use of the word be my guest. I think it was the right word for you to use. It fits perfectly with what I understand you to mean, and it underscores how shallow and cynical you and liberals who agree with you are.

Quoting MBMBOS (Reply 24):
When pressed on what you mean by "mission", you bait and switch.

You're the one with the bait and switch tactic. I gave you the opportunity to define the mission. You told me:

Quoting MBMBOS (Reply 16):

You're the one who made the banal statement. Explain it yourself.

I've been consistent on this point.

Joni

Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:00 am

Spitting on people isn't normal, but on the other hand we have people who spit on women who wear fur and it's considered normal. I just say impolite things to women who wear fur and leave it at that.

Participating in the Iraq war is illegal, but we don't know if this guy'd been there.

UH60FtRucker

Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:06 am

Quoting Joni (Reply 29):
Participating in the Iraq war is illegal, but we don't know if this guy'd been there.

banghead 
Oh jeez... spare us from this pathetic argument. We've already debated it ad nausem in the past, and it has nothing to do with this topic.

-UH60

767Lover

Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:09 am

More likely a Prius.

Or, as they called it on Southpark, "the Pious."

Seriously though, if this woman worked for, say, Tyco, should she expect someone to spit on her because of the wrongdoings of her CEO?

Her anger was totally misdirected. 'Course the article did mention that she had been arrested previously for endangering a child, so she sounds like a nutjob.

ANCFlyer

Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:40 am

It's not about liberals, conservatives, the definition of one word, Iraq or PotUS. It's about some hag that thought it necessary to spit in the face of a soldier - the very person that protects her right to do that . . .

Unforgiveable. Period. Prosecute her ass for Assault - it is, believe it or not, Assault.

She had the gut to spit in the face of a soldier - and he didn't cause the problem. She needs to walk her ass over to 1600 Pennsy Ave and have a go at the culprit . . . let's see if the POS has the gut to do that . . .
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

WellHung

Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:43 am

What proof is there that she is a liberal? For all you know, she could have a mold of Reagan's cock under her pillow.

777236ER

Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:38 am

So much for grammar.
Your bone's got a little machine

Falcon84

Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:44 am

So much for liberal's claims of supporting the troops, but not the mission

One woman spits in a soldiers face, and all liberals are indicted. Nice, UALPHLCS. Way to over-generalize! Not.

She ought to be sent to the Middle East. She should see what's its really like. She should be forced to go to Afghanistan.

Sure, force her to go to Iraq or Afghanistan-what a WONDERFUL idea! Not. If she's that ignorant, she does so thanks to the bravery and sacrifice of those soldiers. Let her wallow in her ignorance. She's a loser, but in this nation, we don't force people to go to war like that, people.

She doesn't represent most Americans-liberal or conservative. Let her be an example of a disgrace. That's what is most fitting.

Quoting UH60FtRucker (Reply 27):

If she doesn't want to honor those who make her freedom possible she ought to be denied those freedoms.

I think that comment, in of itself, is a slap in the face to the troops.

We don't protect the rights of only those who AGREE with us... we protect the rights of ALL Americans. Including the the rights of those who don't like us. They have the right to protest against us, hate us, call us baby killers, or whatever other rubbish they might say.

You are a credit to this nation, my friend. And I'm damn proud you're serving over there in an honorable fashion. Thank you.
Work Right, Fly Hard

EasternSon

Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:04 am

I'm confused as to where it says she's liberal. I read that she gave no reason for the attack. I don't understand why the thread poster immediately indicts her as a liberal and assumes the motivation for the attack. Maybe a soldier wronged her or her family and this was her insane way of getting even.

Regardless, I have to say this:

I consider myself to be a liberal. I challenge anyone to call me un-American or un-patriotic based on my political affiliations.
"The only people for me are the mad ones...." Jack Kerouac

davestanKSAN

Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:04 am

Quoting UH60FtRucker (Reply 27):

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 35):
You are a credit to this nation, my friend. And I'm damn proud you're serving over there in an honorable fashion. Thank you.

x 1,000,000

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 32):
It's not about liberals, conservatives, the definition of one word, Iraq or PotUS. It's about some hag that thought it necessary to spit in the face of a soldier - the very person that protects her right to do that . . .

Unforgiveable. Period. Prosecute her ass for Assault - it is, believe it or not, Assault.

UALPHLCS please spare us your partisan ways, it's tired and old. Please read UH's post carefully, study it, remember it, and keep it in your mind when you start your liberal bashing tirades.

What this lady did was sick. She needs to be punished.

Dave

[Edited 2006-12-12 22:05:24]
Yesterday we've sinned, today we move towards God. Touch the sky....love and respect...Safe Star!

bushpilot

Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:07 am

First of all, this is a disgusting act. She should be prosecuted for assault, and have her head checked, and probably her blood to make sure she doesnt have an infectious disease.

As Liberals get more and more shrill, they breed dopes like this woman who act on what they hear.

OH and what about the two evangelical priests opposing gay marraige and condeming them to hell etc but then coming out of the closet? Come on man, this is BS and you know it. One crazy lady doesnt make a country and not even a political party. I would love to see what party she is registered under. What would you do if she was a republican.

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 32):
She had the gut to spit in the face of a soldier - and he didn't cause the problem. She needs to walk her ass over to 1600 Pennsy Ave and have a go at the culprit . . . let's see if the POS has the gut to do that

She probably would spit in the presidents face, but he wont meet with people who disagree with him.

She ought to be sent to the Middle East. She should see what's its really like. She should be forced to go to Afghanistan.

So is this a GOP call for re-instating the draft? And now you want to draft women as well? WOW!  Wink

QANTASforever

Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:10 am

Brilliant. You take one obscure news story and use it to tarnish an entire political movement. Should we also be collectively fined one billion reichsmarks as retribution?

QFF
Fighting for the glory of the Australian Republic.

UALPHLCS
Topic Author

Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:26 am

Quoting EasternSon (Reply 36):
I'm confused as to where it says she's liberal. I read that she gave no reason for the attack. I don't understand why the thread poster immediately indicts her as a liberal and assumes the motivation for the attack. Maybe a soldier wronged her or her family and this was her insane way of getting even.

Do you think that a conservative would have spit in the face of a soldier? EasternSon you may not remember that it was liberals who spit on soldiers returning from Vietnam. Their tactics haven't changed. The story states she asked if the guy was a soldier from Fort Drum. I think it's pretty clear that she didn't know the soldier. Your explanation holds no water.

Quoting Bushpilot (Reply 38):
So is this a GOP call for re-instating the draft? And now you want to draft women as well? WOW!

No. I don't want her to fight. I want her to see what the world IS REALLY like. Have her take a tour of what REAL inhumanity is like she'll have to see where the American Soldier has put his life on the line so that strangers can live better.

I wouldn't want someone as despicable as she is wearing the uniform.

I find it amusing that those who are anti-war are distancing themselves from this woman. Go on embrace her this is exactly where your rhetoric leads.

B777-700

Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:30 am

I'm a life long Democrat (and will be as long as there's people like you to remind me why I stay away from the GOP) You've classified me as a 'liberal' on here more times than I can count.

I fully support the troops, but not the mission. I have more attachment to the troops in Iraq then most of you chickenhawks on this site put together. I do more on a day to day basis for the troops then most of you neocon arm chair generals have done in your life times.

Our military is some of the best and brightest this country has to offer. They are our future. I'll be damned if I'm going to support a mission that puts them in harms way unless it's absolutely necessary, gives them the supplies and levels then need, had a clear plan to win the peace, and is motivated by clear and unquestionable intelligence.

This lady would more than likely gotten a nice kick in the grill from me too. However, your statements about 'liberals' do nothing but show your hatred for Americans, at least half at that.

The fact is, this incident is indicative of what the Democrats have sown over the past two and a half years.

Who was in charge the past 'two and a half years', hmmm?

It was the actions of one idiot, no one supports this. And really, by saying a lot of the things you've said on this thread, you're no better than the likes of her. You're two peas in a nice little extremist pod, and I for one have no use for the either one of you.

But Lauren Maggi's actions are the logical conclusion to the rhetoric Liberals have used. You can't support the troops and not their mission.

That statement might be the largest logical jump I've seen on this board. Congrats.

I'll take Ann Coulter any day of the week and twice on Sunday. At least she backs her statements up and doens't run away from them.

There she is...running away from her statements.  Yeah sure
If you don't chew Big Red, then @#$% you.

EasternSon

Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:40 am

Quoting UALPHLCS (Reply 40):
Your explanation holds no water.

Re-read my post. I wasn't saying this particular soldier had wronged her, I was saying maybe in the past another soldier had wronged her or her family. I was insinuating that if she's crazy enough to spit in a stranger's face, maybe she's associating ALL soldiers with a prior event.

Regardlless, your generalizations are beyond out of whack. I'm done with you.
"The only people for me are the mad ones...." Jack Kerouac

UH60FtRucker

Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:40 am

UALPHLCS, I think it is really shameful how none of this has anything to do with the soldier... and everything to do with your political agenda.

I mean... you've spent all of your time in this thread, attacking liberals. WHY?! This woman was a sole individual - she didn't represent any organization or group - and she sounds too ignorant to be politically savvy!

UAL, you owe us an apology for using men in uniform as a tool for you to bash your political opponents with. This is story should be about an extremely disrespectful woman, and the mature and calm reaction of the soldier. It SHOULD NOT be about you and your political agenda.

The military is neither your shield nor your sword in your political debates.

-UH60

[Edited 2006-12-12 22:42:09]

Joni

Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:47 am

Quoting UH60FtRucker (Reply 30):
Oh jeez... spare us from this pathetic argument. We've already debated it ad nausem in the past, and it has nothing to do with this topic.

I disagree, as I suspect it is in the center of this topic.

B777-700

Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:52 am

Quoting Bushpilot (Reply 38):
Come on man, this is BS and you know it.

No, the sad part is, he really doesn't know it.

Quoting UH60FtRucker (Reply 43):

Excellent reply, and I'll go ahead and apologize to you for the actions of the extremists on both side of the fence. You guys shouldn't be over there reading this stuff. The rational people back home (and thankfully it's 90% of us) love you guys, and support you 100%, no matter what it says on our voter ID's.

Your post should be the logical end to this thread.
If you don't chew Big Red, then @#$% you.

Falcon84

Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:59 am

I find it amusing that those who are anti-war are distancing themselves from this woman. Go on embrace her this is exactly where your rhetoric leads.

Again, you stoop to such sweeping generalizations and stereotypes to make your argument, that you lose the argument from the get-go. Most on here who oppose this conflict do NOT, in any way, shap or form who would EVER condone spitting on someone who serves this nation in uniform. It's unconsionable, and below contempt. So, please, don't dump all "liberals" in with this woman. I take that as an affront, and you owe an apology to me, and to just about anyone else on this forum, who've you've labled in such an unpatriotic manner to make a case for your support of the war.

Quoting Joni (Reply 44):
I disagree, as I suspect it is in the center of this topic

You're wrong. It has nothing to do with this topic, and what you said is a bunch of far-left garbage.
Work Right, Fly Hard

GQfluffy

Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:26 am

Quoting Joni (Reply 44):
I disagree, as I suspect it is in the center of this topic.

Disagree all you want, you are still wrong. If my best friend gets called up tomorrow to go back over, he has to go, unless he wants to spend time in Federal Lock-up...which isn't exactly a country club.
This isn't where I parked my car...

Traindriver

Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:33 am

I had that happen to me around 1970 or so. I was in my Navy
dress blues and some wacko is screaming and yelling at me. I
tried to take the high-road and ignore her. After she realized her
screaming was getting her no place she spit at me. I lost it and
punched her in the mouth and continued on my way. I'm lucky
I didn't end up behind bars, but that punch felt great.

stlgph

Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:55 am

I'll take Ann Coulter any day of the week and twice on Sunday. At least she backs her statements up and doens't run away from them.

Well now we know just what kind of person you are. And I/we/a bunch of us do feel sorry for you. Well....maybe...

Oh, and yes she does run away. When she's put on the spot, she is totally a deer in headlights. Mainly because since most of what she says is totally far fetched and made up (like Bill Clinton being gay, for example), and you can't back up a zero with a zero. I learned this in long division.

You'd rather be associated with someone who spits in the face of someone who provides you with the ability to make that statement? Then you are no better than her.

Spitting was her statement. Why say more than necessary? Saves time, effort, energy, and the children.

[Edited 2006-12-13 01:58:33]