airbusA346
Topic Author

Christmas Is Ruined

Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:05 pm

What a boring christmas day I am going to have!!!!!!!!!

My two christmas present are 'Out Of Stock'

The Acer N311 PDA I wanted is out of stock and Acer aren't producing them in time for christmas and I rang the shop up and they said they should have some by mid Jan or mid Feb.

The Sigma 50-500mm I was about to order of Warehouse Express is 'Out Of Stock' but they don't tell you that on the site, you only find out when you phone them. "Idiots"

So Basically all I am going to have to have to open on Christmas Day is a bloody Camera Bag and some camera accessories.

cry   cry   cry   cry   cry   cry   cry   cry   cry   cry   cry 

Tom.
Tom Walker '086' First Officer of a A318/A319 for Air Lambert - Hours Flown: 17 hour 05 minutes (last updated 24/12/05).

legoguy

RE: Christmas Is Ruined

Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:12 pm

Quoting AirbusA346 (Thread starter):

At least you can still play the 'Word Game' with yourself  Silly

I'm not getting much to open on Christmas day. I'm getting driving lessons, so all I'll have is a Christmas stocking, which is usually filled with nice little things.

Don't forget the presents under the tree!

Also, do they not say giving is better than receiving  Silly
Can you say 'Beer Can' without sounding like a Jamaican saying 'Bacon'?

cosec59

Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:16 pm

So Basically all I am going to have to have to open on Christmas Day is a bloody Camera Bag and some camera accessories.

Tom.

I think you should count yourself lucky that you will have something to open at all. Lots of people won't even be getting that.
I'm afraid your attitude is the reason why I and a lot of others have come to dislike this time of year.
Rules are for the obedience of fools but for the guidance of wise men

nighthawk

Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:24 pm

Quoting Cosec59 (Reply 2):
I think you should count yourself lucky that you will have something to open at all. Lots of people won't even be getting that.

Signed By
Farepack Savers

Quoting Cosec59 (Reply 2):
I'm afraid your attitude is the reason why I and a lot of others have come to dislike this time of year.

checkmark 

HAWK21M

Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:26 pm

Ok.I thought you had to work on Christmas night.
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

willo

Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:28 pm

Quoting Legoguy (Reply 1):
I'm not getting much to open on Christmas day. I'm getting driving lessons

So there'll be a car door to open then? Big grin

cornish

Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:29 pm

That's a lot more than many kids are getting around the world.Think yourself lucky  Yeah sure

I'm sure you can cope until mid-January.
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

Frontiercpt

Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:59 pm

I'm not even getting anything and I'm fortunate enough to have a roof over my head and consistent meals. We already told each other not to get anything at all...not to mention that our tree is on the phone table with a stack of bills underneath (irony anyone?) lol...

Sean

LHMark

Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:06 am

That's so sad. I wish there was something we could do to get you your stuff by Christmas.

sincerely,
the children in Darfur
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

andz

Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:19 am

My first reaction when I read your post was "spoiled prick". But after thinking for a while and pondering logically.....yeah, spoiled prick will do it.
After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF...

mhodgson

Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:25 am

There was me thinking along the lines of 'serious accident' or 'family tragedy' rather than 'delay on my two presents'.
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced

cxsjr

Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:44 am

The Sigma 50-500mm I was about to order of Warehouse Express is 'Out Of Stock'

I too think you've shown yourself to be just a tad spoiled with the topic of this thread given the 000,000,000's of people suffering every day in this world, not just at Christmas!

Nevertheless, go to www.parkcameras.com - they have one left in stock (Canon fit); and yes, it is in stock (as at 3:30pm this afternoon UK time), ring them and ask for Brian, he'll put it by or do mail order for you over the phone; price £714.99 .....

.... Merry Christmas!

Now I've saved the biggest half of your Christmas, please at least make a generous donation to any charity helping starving kids in Africa, pretty please, to absolve yourself of any guilt you might now be feeling?
The world is a book, those who do not travel read only one page ....

jamesbuk

Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:24 am

No dude, christmas isnt spoiled, your idea of christmas is. The africans christmas, the homeless' christmas' is ruined. They have no-one to celebrate with, you do, you've got your family to be with.

So stop your moaning.

Rgds --James--
You cant have your cake and eat it... What the hells the point in having it then!!!

JGPH1A

Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:26 am

The sympathyometer is reading zero.

If that's really the worst thing that happens to you this Christmas, thank your lucky stars !
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

IFEMaster

Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:34 am

Christmas Is Ruined

all I am going to have to have to open on Christmas Day is a bloody Camera Bag and some camera accessories

You're still a kid, so perhaps the "Christmas is all about getting presents" view hasn't worn off, but get some perspective will you?

First, it really IS better to give than to receive. When you grasp this, and find the joy that goes along with giving other people what they really want and need rather than moaning about how late your rather expensive presents are going to be, you'll feel much better.

Second, you know what I got in the mail today? A letter from a child that my wife and I sponsor in Senegal, thanking us for the extra money we sent to provide his family with a goat (and we only sent and extra $50). His words: "This gift that is small to you is the greatest gift we could have received. It will change our lives." Now, how do you feel about your precious PDA and camera? My guess is that camera bag alone cost more than the goat, but in my opinion is worth much much less.

Finally, when you're sat in your warm cosy house on Christmas, shedding tears because you only have a camera bag and accessories to open, please think of the many kids in Senegal, Uganda, Kenya, Ethiopia, Darfur, insert country here that don't have a home, don't have any presents, don't have family, don't have an income, and yet, unlike you, don't have a selfish attitude about it. Perhaps you'll then grasp the real values we enjoy - family, love, unity, being surrounded by people who we care for and who care for us and have our backs. Anything you receive, frankly, is nothing more than a pile of crap in comparison.
Delivering Anecdotes of Dubious Relevance Since 1978

cornish

Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:34 am

Quoting Cxsjr (Reply 11):
price £714.99 .....

Hmm so added to the PDA he's whinging about, that's around 1000 quid's worth of kit he's crying over. Must be awful to make do with just a couple of hundred quid's worth of presents instead.....
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

airbusA346
Topic Author

Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:49 am

Order Thanks Very Much. Big grin

Quoting Cornish (Reply 15):

No the PDA was a present which is getting cancelled now, and the lenses was a present from me to me.

So Rant Over and you can stop whining at me about people in poor countries.

Tom.
Tom Walker '086' First Officer of a A318/A319 for Air Lambert - Hours Flown: 17 hour 05 minutes (last updated 24/12/05).

cxsjr

Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:52 am

st be awful to make do with just a couple of hundred quid's worth of presents instead

In my childhood days, my Mum & Dad spent £20 maximum on me at Christmas as that's all they could afford. Now, I give presents only to my nieces and nephews under 16 and do not receive or expect to receive any gifts myself .... bah humbug all you like!

IFEMaster

Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:52 am

Quoting AirbusA346 (Reply 16):

Order Thanks Very Much. Big grin

No the PDA was a present which is getting cancelled now, and the lenses was a present from me to me.

Tom.

FFS.

Does anyone ever get the impression that some people will just never get it?

cxsjr

Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:54 am

Must be awful to make do with just a couple of hundred quid's worth of presents instead

Quite agree!

In my childhood days, my Mum & Dad spent £20 maximum on me at Christmas as that's all they could afford. Now, I give presents only to my nieces and nephews under 16 and do not receive or expect to receive any gifts myself .... bah humbug all you like but I'd sooner give the money to charity and buy a decent bottle of Port with any spare!

cornish

Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:57 am

Quoting IFEMaster (Reply 18):
FFS.

No he really doesn't does he......

Perhaps some humble pie this Xmas would make a better present for him.

Anyway he doesn't give a shit now he's got his lens  Yeah sure

airbusA346
Topic Author

Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:00 am

God I wish I never made this thread there has been 1 useful post from Cxsjr about Park Camera.

And the rest has been slagging me off.  boxedin 

Tom.

JGPH1A

Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:02 am

Quoting AirbusA346 (Reply 21):
And the rest has been slagging me off.

and you are surprised why exactly ? Complaining about not getting your GBP700 lens for Christmas does come across as a bit "spoiled brat", don't you think ? Not very sensitive, really...

These things are all relative - feel free to be annoyed about your lens, but keep it in perspective.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

IFEMaster

Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:03 am

God I wish I never made this thread there has been 1 useful post from Cxsjr about Park Camera.

And the rest has been slagging me off. boxedin

Tom.

Tom, c'mon man...really, what did you expect? Whether the opening post is reflective of your personality or not, you have to admit that it comes across as the ranting of a spoiled and selfish brat, no?

cosec59

Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:04 am

You brought that on yourself. All the so called slagging off was justified. I hope now you will think a little more before posting such selfish drivel.

jamesbuk

Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:10 am

Quoting IFEMaster (Reply 14):
"This gift that is small to you is the greatest gift we could have received. It will change our lives."

Man thats a great thing to do! We ran a campaign at our school a few years back, and basically everyone raised as much cash as they could, doing anything they wanted, to send animals and seeds and training to africa, there is 1200 at our school and we raised £15,000 for this. It made everyone feel good and the whole atmosphere was great.

And Tom, as someone said you brought this on yourself. I presume your paying for this yourself? so why not get a cheaper lens, donate a bit to charity, and spend some on your faimly, you'll feel better than getting this lens!

Rgds --James--
You cant have your cake and eat it... What the hells the point in having it then!!!

kmh1956

Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:16 am

Oh, boo hoo..."Christmas is ruined?" Are you serious? Will you have clothing on your back, a roof over your head and a hot meal? Are you healthy? OMG what a brat.

Quoting AirbusA346 (Reply 16):

Whining? YOU were whining because your way-too-expensive prezzies wouldn't be in your hot little hands on Christmas Day. In January, may I suggest you take your expensive camera off somewhere and do a photographic documentary of the less fortunate? Then go home and study it...see how bad you really have it.

For the life of me, I can't imagine why.
'Somebody tell me why I'm on my own if there's a soulmate for everyone' :Natasha Bedingfield

IFEMaster

Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:26 am

Quoting Jamesbuk (Reply 25):
Man thats a great thing to do!

Thanks. We try to do something extra like this every year, in addition to the regular giving and sponsorships we have. It's the most heart warming feeling when you receive a short letter like the one we received today. Knowing that we've made a difference in someone's life makes ALL the difference in ours. Really puts things in perspective.

We ran a campaign at our school a few years back, and basically everyone raised as much cash as they could, doing anything they wanted, to send animals and seeds and training to africa, there is 1200 at our school and we raised £15,000 for this. It made everyone feel good and the whole atmosphere was great.

That's awesome! You're right about everyone feeling good. A couple of weeks ago, my wife's nephew and niece were taking part in 'Hoops for Hope'; a charity started a couple of years ago by a 12 year old friend of the nephew, with the idea of throwing as many basketball free-throws as he could in one day to raise money for children orphaned by HIV.

Two years after his first 'Hoops for Hope', he got World Vision involved, and had literally thousands of people throwing basketballs to raise money. The niece and nephew each threw 1000 free throws, and over the entire day nationwide, they collectively raised $180,000. The kid who started it all has requested that the money be used to build a school in Kenya, and so World Vision have pledged to use every penny of it for that purpose.

Anyway, I volunteered on that day as a 'ball boy', to keep the kids who were throwing from having to collect their own basketballs. It was 7 hours of hard work, but as you said, the whole atmosphere is great, and so the work was worth it. It is true that when people come together for a single cause that is greater than the individuals, that's where the true value and unity is found.

legoguy

Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:41 am

My mom has always taken £50 of my Christmas money and sent it to a child in Lima (sponsoring him through church). As a young kid, that always peeved me off a little, however after growing up, and receiving pictures and letters from the sponsored child, it is truly an awesome feeling like you say.
Can you say 'Beer Can' without sounding like a Jamaican saying 'Bacon'?

British767

Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:51 am

Quoting IFEMaster (Reply 14):

I'm sorry to add to the rantings in the replies in this post, but I was thinking along exactly the same lines as IFEMaster, JGPH1A and so on. I just found the original post so materialistic.

LFutia

Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:51 am

Honestly,

Consider The Heifer Project. www.heifer.org/

my mum sponsors 3 children in India. I enjoy hearing from them and trust me when time comes, I definitely will be sponsoring a few children from India. Also... currently and totally free, im donating my computer's on time to help find a cure for cancer.

Leo

PS: my mum's gps unit i ordered her is on backorder and there's no guarantees she'll get it for christmas.. thats not gonna ruin hers nor mine.
Leo/ORD

CastleIsland

Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:53 am

Well, apparently it's only deemed useful by a spoiled brat. True colors are always more vivid. But even your expensive camera could not show you yours.

[Edited 2006-12-14 19:08:32]
"People don't do what they believe in, they just do what's most convenient, then they repent." - Dylan

David L

Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:06 am

I don't quite get the reaction here. I'm sure the thread starter knows there are people worse off but, come on, who doesn't like opening presents on Christmas Day?  Smile

Quoting Willo (Reply 5):
Quoting Legoguy (Reply 1):
I'm not getting much to open on Christmas day. I'm getting driving lessons

So there'll be a car door to open then?

No, he's learning in the General Lee.

cosec59

Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:12 am

Quoting David L (Reply 32):
I don't quite get the reaction here.

You are joking I hope

BA767s

Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:12 am

Dont worry AirbusA346 this guy knows how you feel..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/johninajet/regretcopy.jpg?t=1166119955
Come on, let's fly!

David L

Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:15 am

Quoting Cosec59 (Reply 33):
You are joking I hope

I guess it depends on how serious you think the thread starter was.

airbusA346
Topic Author

Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:16 am

Quoting BA767s (Reply 34):

rotfl 

Tom.

9V

Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:25 am

Quoting Legoguy (Reply 28):
My mom has always taken £50 of my Christmas money and sent it to a child in Lima (sponsoring him through church). As a young kid, that always peeved me off a little, however after growing up, and receiving pictures and letters from the sponsored child, it is truly an awesome feeling like you say.

That's a worthy cause. We sponsor a child in Haiti.
Our idea of Christmas is all relative to our own experiences. If that's the way AirbusA346 has been brought up then it's not really his fault. Just spare a thought for people out there less fortunate for whom Christmas won't be so good.  

[Edited 2006-12-14 19:30:10]

azza40

Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:32 am

Tom, you are aware Father Christmas does not actually exist and everything will not go your way as there is not 5 billion little elves working their arses off in the North Pole  Wink

Aaron
Not been on here for a good 2/3 years!

PA110

Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:38 am

Uh, and you haven't a clue why?

Think before you post!

My other half just bought himself a new PS3 (talk about conspicuous consumption!!!). But at least he is donating his old PS2, and all the games he's amassed to a local children's shelter.

We also both always try to buy a dozen or so new stuffed toys for the local "Toys for Tots" campain

[Edited 2006-12-14 19:50:05]
Look, it's been swell, but the swelling's gone down.

bristolflyer

Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:10 am

You weren't asking for any info on cameras - you were saying just how bad your Christmas was going to be. Then you wonder why people are giving you grief? Especially when you belittle the 'bloody camera bag' as an inadequate gift.

When you grow up you'll realise that Christmas is about way more than receiving presents. For the time being though, I hope you get your camera if that will make your Christmas happy.
Fortune favours the brave

BMIFlyer

Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:15 am

Well, I won't have any crimbo presents  Sad

How do you think I feel?

I'll just have to live with it.
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

LFutia

Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:20 am

Funny enough... I just got a catalog in the mail called World of Vision Gifts.

Give a gift. Change a life. - www.worldofvisiongifts.org

I'm seriously considering paying for some things to help the impoverished people. I am thankful that I have a warm home to live in and have food on the table. impoverished people can only hope and pray that they get food on the table every night or even have heat.

Leo
Leo/ORD

BA767s

Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:46 am

Im actually donating all my money and all my posessions to the homeless children who hang around at the end of my road. Hang on in there guys..

Come on, let's fly!

F9Animal

Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:55 am

Are you serious? All I am getting for Christmas is a bag of coal for my new barbeque grill.
I Am A Different Animal!!

express1

Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:36 am

Oh for god sake,grow up,you have a roof over your head? you have heating? you have food in ,a colour TV,video,dvd,games station,comforable seating,carpets,a bed,lighting and have a girlfriend or wife and a car outside,a job,a bank account. Some people dont even have that, and your moaning!!!!

if you care to go and join those who are a lot worse of than you for 6 months or go and help those who are in need of what you and the rest of us have got,then i know you will be greatfull for what you have,so stop beating yourself up over a Acer N311 PDA and the Sigma 50-500mm lens that dont arrive before Xmas,you can wait until after Xmas surly.
David.S cavanagh since 1961,if you can do better,then show me.

bill142

Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:39 am

Quoting IFEMaster (Reply 18):
FFS.

It's the me, me, me, attitude of the young today.

aloges

Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:52 am

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 46):
It's the me, me, me, attitude of the young today.

Just FYI, my best Christmas present for the third consecutive year is my train ticket home.
And I didn't ask anyone to give it to me.  Wink

[Edited 2006-12-14 22:55:22]
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

carmenlu15

Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:13 am

Good grief...

I don't think I can add much more than what has been said. Be thankful for what you got, there's plenty of people who would wish to have a roof under which to stay this Christmas (and I don't need to go all the way to Africa, I can find several good examples in my home country  Sad ).

Sigh...
Carmen
Don't expect to see me around that much (if at all) -- the contact link should still work, though.

L-188

Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:13 pm

Could be worse....my dog died last Friday.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.