Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

RE: Battlestar Galactica Season 3 .5 - 1 Week

Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:48 pm

Quoting RichardPrice (Reply 49):
When you move house, you give your friends and family the new address (or directions), dont you?

Well, nooo, not me, really. Give it my Mom, but if I never see some sisters and cousins again . . well .  rotfl 

Seriously, point taken. Interesting perspective. Didn't give it that thought.

Quoting RichardPrice (Reply 49):
I still have my theories regarding the Cylons and the 13th Colony, I thin kwe are going to have a shock there.

that may explain the Chief at work . . . or a couple dozen troops I've had over a period of time.

Yes, it will be interesting.

I am curious, however, like eveyone else . . . who did D'Ann see inthe Temple . . .when she said something like "Oh, it's you, I had no idea"?

Must have been someone that gave her a pause, a reason for reverence. Who? Admiral Adama (nope), Baltar (nope), someone rather high in the order of things. I almost discount Madam Pres becuase of the whole breast cancer episode. She couldn'thave gotten breast cancer if she were a machine - could she have? And surely,Doc Coddle would have picked that up in his numerous exams, eh?

Regardless, someone of reverence to D'Anna is a Cylon. Her reaction - before they boxed her - in the Temple - displayed nothing less than amazement.

We shall see. . .
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

RichardPrice

Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:09 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 50):
who did D'Ann see inthe Temple . . .when she said something like "Oh, it's you, I had no idea"?

What if the 'Lords of Kobal' are the five models? Their likeness would be known to all and thus they would be recognisable.

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:20 pm

Quoting RichardPrice (Reply 51):
Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 50):
who did D'Ann see inthe Temple . . .when she said something like "Oh, it's you, I had no idea"?

What if the 'Lords of Kobal' are the five models? Their likeness would be known to all and thus they would be recognisable.

Ha, that would explain D'Anna's reverence. Also put a very large spin into the story line. Interesting to note she bypasssed several of the "figures" in the Temple. Probably recognized them right off . . . the 7 currently known models perhaps, herself included.

What if the Lords of Kobal are all Cylons. . . or rather all the Cylon models are done in their likeness?
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

RichardPrice

Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:27 pm

I think the Cylon history goes back further than we assume - Kobal looked to be a highly technological society, which managed to move a massive amount of its populace to other worlds far away.

Now, the 12 colonies history may be a little muddy because they may have regressed a few times in their own, independant history, but I personally think the Cylon concept goes all the way back to Kobal.

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:48 pm

Quoting RichardPrice (Reply 53):
think the Cylon history goes back further than we assume - Kobal looked to be a highly technological society, which managed to move a massive amount of its populace to other worlds far away.

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 52):
What if the Lords of Kobal are all Cylons. .

Well that fits.

Gonnagive Admiral Adama a haert attack... but it fits doesn't it.

kmh1956

Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:36 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 44):
I believe you'd said something similar before!!

That's entirely possible.....what can I say? I'm red-blooded female!!

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 52):
What if the Lords of Kobal are all Cylons. . . or rather all the Cylon models are done in their likeness?

That's an interesting theory....I'd love to know who it was that D'Anna recognized...
'Somebody tell me why I'm on my own if there's a soulmate for everyone' :Natasha Bedingfield

comorin

Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:50 pm

ANCFlyer - thanks for clearing up the Officer's titles  thumbsup 

I have stayed out of this thread since I received some incorrect info (that I also posted) about Season 3.5 being rebroadcast a week later in HD - It's actually Season 3.0, so I missed Episode 1 of 3.5  Sad

BTW, I think the show does a great job in helping us civvies understand what the Military goes through...

Go3Team

Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:07 pm

Well great, My DVR decided to "eat" this episode. I got about halfway in, and then a lot static, etc. I might have to find "alternate" sources for this (and maybe future) episodes.
Yay Pudding!

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:26 pm

Well, I guess Baltar is NOT a Cylon . . . .

Maybe . . . .

And looks like the little love quadrangle with Lee, Duala, Kara and whatshisname is at least temporarily solved.

So, when will we see The Admiral and the President in a romantic encounter. I think it's coming . . . eventually.

Otherwise, quite a let down episode. Didn't really answer a lot of questions, didn't really ask any. Rather droned along for an hour.

RichardPrice

Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:26 am

Ok, try this on for size -

The hybrid told D'anna and Baltar that the final five would be revealed to the one that entered the temple.

D'anna saw five in her vision and then promptly died.

However, when Baltar is captured, I can only see five people in there other than him - the Chief and four others.

Hmmm.......?

Fokker Lover

Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:40 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 58):
Otherwise, quite a let down episode. Didn't really answer a lot of questions, didn't really ask any. Rather droned along for an hour.

Agree completely with this.

I also want to complain about the lighting of this episode. I'm watching this on a 65" digital HDTV. Everything was so damn dark I couldn't see anything. I wish somebody would turn up the lights.
10,000 years ago we would have eaten you. Today, we drag you along and allow you to pollute the gene pool.

RichardPrice

Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:18 pm

Arghh no BSG this weekend :*(

The next one is on the 12th Feb, titled "The Woman King".

RichardPrice

Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:07 pm

Something for you guys to whet your appetites on  Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unqGrLcKUcI

zanl188

Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:32 am

Well I thought for a minute there that Dee was a goner...

Good to see that Doc Cottle & Tigh saw the light and fessed up....

Had a good chuckle when I saw Laura watching Six make out with a non-existent Baltar

& Helo owns up to suffocating the Cylons in the brig...
Legal considerations provided by: Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:02 pm

Quoting ZANL188 (Reply 63):

I had to tape the episode yesterday as I'm working nights, I've attempted to watch it twice since this morning. Managed to get through 40 minutes of it, fell asleep twice.

I'm going to guess they find this civilian doctor to be a killer? I still haven't managed to see the end.

Check out the other BSG thread on updates for Season 4 and the two hour between season movie. Some real surprises in there. SPOILER ALERT!!!!

It's here:
Battlestar Galactica Updates (by ANCFlyer Feb 12 2007 in Non Aviation)

Klaus

Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:59 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 64):
Check out the other BSG thread on updates for Season 4 and the two hour between season movie. Some real surprises in there. SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Yeah, although they really tried to obfuscate the points...  mischievous 

It'll probably remain interesting either way, just as long as they spare us with too much soapy crap.

The current episode was decent, but nothing major. We'll see if they manage to come up with a proper story line for jailed Six...

zanl188

Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:10 pm

Ok so who was Adama in bed with? I thought it was Kara at first but could be the image of his ex...

IMHO Adama should have jettisoned the pix of his wife when he blew the door for Chief & Callie.

Jeez seeing Callie beatup again... damn... and again Chief is responsible...

Galacticas material condition is suffering. The trip thru the maelstrom (same ep where they lost Kat) seems to have taken it's toll

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:55 pm

I'll have to watch the ep in the morning . . . on patrol tonight so I had to tape it.

Not having seen the ep, if Adama was in the rack with someone, I'm gonna go with the President. Certainly not Starbuck? Way too much baggage there.

Fokker Lover

Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:28 am

Have they changed writers or something? It seems like a lot of filler episodes going off in some soap opera direction.

I'm about ready for them to find Earth, have a big showdown, and end the series before they jump the shark.
10,000 years ago we would have eaten you. Today, we drag you along and allow you to pollute the gene pool.

RichardPrice

Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:35 am

Quoting Fokker Lover (Reply 68):
Have they changed writers or something? It seems like a lot of filler episodes going off in some soap opera direction.

Yes, the last couple of episodes were not written by the normal team, they are busy finishing off the season end and other 'projects'.

zanl188

Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:39 am

I agree. Hopefully this is all leading up to something interesting.

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 67):
if Adama was in the rack with someone, I'm gonna go with the President

Just rewatched the ep. It was a blonde, pretty sure it was his ex.

The scenes with Adama and his ex were interesting. It seemed that he was well aware of who he was and where he was (aboard Galactica) but the audience saw him in a different place - curious. Well written and executed but doesn't seem to have a role in the grand scheme of things --- at least not yet.

RichardPrice

Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:40 am

I dont know if its been mentioned here before, but the 'Survivor Count' in the opening credits is not infact static and changes based on the events in that episode.

For example, prior to the Pegasus arriving, the count was 47,853. The episode where Pegasus joined the fleet had the count rise to 49,605.

The last episode of Season 2 had the count at 49,550.

Theres no count until after the fleet is rescued, and it has it at 41,435.

From that, we know roughly how many were lost during the Cylon occupation and resulting rescue.

zanl188

Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:35 am

Quoting RichardPrice (Reply 71):
I dont know if its been mentioned here before, but the 'Survivor Count' in the opening credits is not infact static and changes based on the events in that episode.

The dry erase board on Colonial One was keeping track before Baltar took power - has anyone seen it posted there since?

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:56 pm

Quoting ZANL188 (Reply 70):
Just rewatched the ep. It was a blonde, pretty sure it was his ex.

Yup. I watched the spisode this morning when I got off work . . . .

I'm sure the blonde was his ex, but she wasn't really there . . . all in his mind. Interesting. If my ex invaded my memory every year on our anniversary I'd crap myself . . . .

Quoting RichardPrice (Reply 71):

I have seen that. I rather thought it was common knowledge?

Quoting ZANL188 (Reply 72):
The dry erase board on Colonial One was keeping track before Baltar took power - has anyone seen it posted there since?

I don't recall too many shots of Colonial One's presidential digs in Season 3.5. I hadn't paid attention to the white board.

Klaus

Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:53 am

Indeed, however this one being one of the less annoying ones. The ex-wife had been a (painful) factor for both Adamas right from the start, so it was only proper to go there eventually. It was a good "hook" for another change in their interpersonal dynamic.

I'm about ready for them to find Earth, have a big showdown, and end the series before they jump the shark.

Whoa, hold it - we're not that far down, even if the writers could use a swift kick in their behinds...!

The whole airlock affair was again implausibly reckless - you don't approach repairs on critical gear with an unknown extent of damage that casually, without quite a bit more preparation, comprehensive pre-checks and above all appropriate safety equipment (pressure suits). Except if you've got a severe excess of qualified personnel and you can spare the loss...!   

Okay, so let's hope for a bit more "meat" in the upcoming episodes.

[Edited 2007-02-23 01:12:43]

greatansett

Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:45 pm

Bring back Star Trek: Enterprise
Ron Paul 2012

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:24 am

So, last nights episode was pretty lame IMO.

What is with the Season 3.5 episodes. Really nothing to excited about. If they're TRYING to get the show cancelled, they're doing a good job.

Opinions anyone?

Halcyon

Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:42 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 76):

Opinions anyone?

The whole on strike one? That one was kind of boring...I found myself switching to CSI most of the time...I kept expecting Jack Black to pop up in that episode for some reason. It certainly does seem to be a fairly boring run recently. Thank heavens my friend has all the old ones to watch.

Lucas

RichardPrice

Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:42 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 76):

What is with the Season 3.5 episodes. Really nothing to excited about. If they're TRYING to get the show cancelled, they're doing a good job.

The inside scoop is - watch the last few episodes of the season, you will see where the money went  Smile

Quoting Klaus (Reply 74):
The whole airlock affair was again implausibly reckless - you don't approach repairs on critical gear with an unknown extent of damage that casually, without quite a bit more preparation, comprehensive pre-checks and above all appropriate safety equipment (pressure suits). Except if you've got a severe excess of qualified personnel and you can spare the loss...!

Well, consider that the Galactica was being decommissioned, and half of its flight deck capacity had already been converted to a tourist trap. You can bet your panties that most usable equipment was being shipped off for use elsewhere in the fleet - infact Im amazed that Galactica had a Viper fleet at the end (yeah, I know, there wouldnt be much of a story without it).

My point is that she was at the end of her life, and there hasnt exactly been any supply depots along the way  Smile

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:32 am

Quoting RichardPrice (Reply 78):
Well, consider that the Galactica was being decommissioned, and half of its flight deck capacity had already been converted to a tourist trap. You can bet your panties that most usable equipment was being shipped off for use elsewhere in the fleet - infact Im amazed that Galactica had a Viper fleet at the end (yeah, I know, there wouldnt be much of a story without it).

Plus all the Vipers there for the decommissioning.

And that radioactive cloud crap they flew through several episodes back. Hell, even the outer hull looks rather rugged these days.

All in all, I don't find the Airlock deal too off base. Galactica's had a rough ride, even with her resupply from Pegasus, not to mention spending a year in orbit around New Caprica with a depleted crew - read that: no maintenance.

zanl188

Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:18 am

and there hasnt exactly been any supply depots along the way

Didn't they stop at a supply depot right after the attack? I recall that's where they found out the Cylons looked human.

Re: This weeks ep....: Yawn. The Chief proves once again that he isn't worth his stripes, chevrons, pips whatever... Kills an officer and gets nothing, beats his wife and gets no punishment, deserts the ship for a year and starts a union, and he's the only citizen out of 41,000 that Adama/Laura can find to handle labor trouble at the tillium refinery? Hello?!? He's pro-union - not the guy you send to represent management!!

Oh wait! Adama did show some good sense when he beat the tar out of him in the ring....

edit: left out a word

[Edited 2007-02-28 00:28:32]

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:22 am

Quoting ZANL188 (Reply 80):
The Chief proves once again that he isn't worth his stripes, chevrons, pips whatever... Kills an officer and gets nothing, beats his wife and gets no punishment, deserts the ship for a year and starts a union, and he's the only citizen out of 41,000 that Adama/Laura can find to handle labor trouble at the tillium refinery? Hello?!? He's pro-union - not the guy you send to represent management!!

Yeah, I'm pretty thoroughly disgusted with this "Chief".

I brought this up way back Season 1, that the "Chief of the Boat" is to be above reproach. That is why he/she is the "Chief of the Boat". I was told that he wasn't necessarily the "Chief of the Boat", but the flight deck chief. I bought that in Season 1 . . . but to date I've yet to see anyone else that is COB.

It's my supposition that that Tirel is the senior enlisted man on this crew, and as such, he's a frackin' disgrace.

RichardPrice

Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:11 am

Quoting ZANL188 (Reply 80):
Didn't they stop at a supply depot right after the attack? I recall that's where they found out the Cylons looked human.

Ragnar Anchorage was a weapons depot, Im talking about your general store type of depot.

Galactica hasnt had another opportunity to resupply on anything, and the stop at Anchorage was for ordinance.

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:55 am

Quoting RichardPrice (Reply 82):
Galactica hasnt had another opportunity to resupply on anything

Except for what they cross-leveled from Pegasus . . . after Pegasus raped their civilian fleet before dumping them to the Cylons.

zanl188

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:20 pm

Ragnar Anchorage was a weapons depot, Im talking about your general store type of depot.

Splitting hairs. I think what you're talking about is a maintenance capability, a fleet dry dock or yard somewhere

Galactica hasnt had another opportunity to resupply on anything,

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 83):
Except for what they cross-leveled from Pegasus .

.. and what they picked up from the algae planet...

.. and New Caprica... They were there for a year before the Cylons showed, must have gotten something up to the fleet in that time..

.. and the various water, refining, and mining operations they've setup along the way.

That said though, Galactica (presumably the other ships in the fleet as well) needs some serious depot time....

[Edited 2007-03-03 15:22:01]

RichardPrice

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:40 pm

Quoting ZANL188 (Reply 84):

Hmmm, algae grown space suits. New concept.

.. and New Caprica... They were there for a year before the Cylons showed, must have gotten something up to the fleet in that time..

Nope, didnt see any spacesuit-trees on New Caprica.

.. and the various water, refining, and mining operations they've setup along the way.

Didnt see a spacesuit mining operation in among those did you?

Splitting hairs. I think what you're talking about is a maintenance capability, a fleet dry dock or yard somewhere

That said though, Galactica (presumably the other ships in the fleet as well) needs some serious depot time....

Yup  Smile

And now Im just being facetious  Wink

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:27 am

You're right of course, but I was thinking more along the lines of spare parts, heavy maintenance kinds of things. Not food, water, etc.

Ragnar was a weapons depot. And they weren't there very long.

Other than the meet up with Pegasus, I don't recall them docking at any facility capable of depot maintenance - or any maintenance . . .

zanl188

Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:29 am

Sir -- facetious or flamebait?

Quoting RichardPrice (Reply 85):
algae grown space suits.

spacesuit-trees

spacesuit mining operation

RichardPrice

Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:55 am

Quoting ZANL188 (Reply 87):
Sir -- facetious or flamebait?

Well if you arent willing to engage in a little joke, then by all means consider it flamebait.

But we were talking about the lack of spacesuits here, as it originated from the Chief and Cally being stuck in an airlock without one, and none of hte 'resupply' missions mentioned had any connection to the context of the discussion. Hence my meant-to-be-humourous reply.

Klaus

Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:25 am

I wasn't talking of the state the airlock was in - that's more than plausible with the kind of age and abuse it had. I was talking about the attitude towards a repair of safety-critical gear which had sustained an unknown amount of damage. You're way more cautious with things like that if you're more than a rookie in technical repairs!

It would, of course, have "ruined" part of the storyline - but a better writer would have found a way out of that as well.

Quoting Halcyon (Reply 77):
The whole on strike one? That one was kind of boring...

No, it was much more than that. I thought it was definitely one of the better recent episodes.

Even under "normal" circumstances questions like creating halfway comparable chances for everyone is difficult enough, all the more so under circumstances like the ones depicted in the series, with military necessities thrown in on top of that.

The danger of a solidified split into a ruling and a serving class was indeed quite plausible in the constellation we've seen so far... and watching our incredibly adaptive multi-purpose villain Baltar slip into the role of social revolutionary was a funny side effect! Big grin

Sure, they took generous liberties in several directions, but preserving internal cohesion takes much more than just a commanding officer bellowing orders. Even in condensed form like that it was still more interesting than the n+1st CGI dogfight against a few cylon raiders. Not that that didn't need to happen as well again sometime down the road...

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:36 am

Speaking of Battlestar . . .

Last Night's episode.

Apparently Starbuck blew up.  Wow!

I didn't see her eject.

Now, several things make me curious . . . her vision of the Cylon taking through her life with her Mom, and then her Mom dying. How? Why? Dream?

I was semi-awake when I watched the ep, so I will go back and watch it again - right now.

Regardless, Gateworld said something big would happen with Starbuck soon . . . . so, apparently, this is it.

Is she blown up?

Is she a Cylon?

Will she be back?

Halcyon

Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:51 am

Quoting Klaus (Reply 89):

No, it was much more than that.

The airlock one was OK...last night's was pretty darn good, but I guess different strokes for different folks...I thought the strike episode was a bit too predictable. It was good to have it out in the open...it shows how things are happening inside and just how bad it's getting...I just did not find it particularly exciting, especially compared to some of the other ones. Oh, and I hate Tyrol's attitude.  Big grin

The kid saying, "But I'm NOT a farmer!" was pretty dang funny.  rotfl 

Lucas

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:04 pm

SO what say you of tonights episode?

I thought the opening scenes interesting when Adm Adama was going through Starbuck's personal record . . . seems she sure got in trouble - a Lot!  rotfl 

Klaus

Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:45 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 92):
I thought the opening scenes interesting when Adm Adama was going through Starbuck's personal record . . . seems she sure got in trouble - a Lot!

Some people make that a form of art... Big grin

Decent episode... the cocky lawyer was a bit over the top, but not entirely bad. I just hope the trial won't be too chlicheed...

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:18 am

Quoting Klaus (Reply 93):
the cocky lawyer was a bit over the top

And Major Adama wanting to stick with the Defense.

Damn I wish Lee would pick a side of the fence. Of course, he's only seeing it from Major Adama's side, we - the audience - can see everything. Baltar is convicted already. Should be an interesting last two episodes though.

Any one have ideas on when Season 3 will release on DVD?

zanl188

Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:31 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 94):
Any one have ideas on when Season 3 will release on DVD?

With any luck they'll release the whole thing in one package.....

Everybody ready for the season finale? Hopefully they saved the best for last....

edit: No release date yet for season 3 DVD

[Edited 2007-03-18 17:33:09]

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:31 am

Quoting ZANL188 (Reply 95):
With any luck they'll release the whole thing in one package.....

Everybody ready for the season finale? Hopefully they saved the best for last....

edit: No release date yet for season 3 DVD

I can't imagine they'll do otherwise - release the entire Season 3 package as one set. Since they didn't release a Season 3.0 and a 3.5 ala Season 2. I just wish they'd hurry up about  silly 

Taping Part 1 of the season finale right now. I'm working, so will not get to see it until after shift at 0700 tomorrow.

Once again: Some Spoilers:

I read on either Gateworld or BattlestarWiki that during the Season Finale another "Major Character" will be revealed as a Cylon. Any bets?

Starbuck?

zanl188

Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:01 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 96):
I read on either Gateworld or BattlestarWiki that during the Season Finale another "Major Character" will be revealed as a Cylon. Any bets?

Starbuck?

Starbuck is as good a guess as any. it was never revealed exactly what happened to Starbuck at the Farm.

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:06 am

Quoting ZANL188 (Reply 97):
Starbuck is as good a guess as any. it was never revealed exactly what happened to Starbuck at the Farm.

Check.

I finally got to watch the last episode this morning when I got off duty.

Lee Adama (MR, Adama) continues to piss me off. What a panty-waist I've come to think he is. Every time there's a little adversity, he quits playing. Like a three year old taking his ball and going home.

I have a feeling, the season cliff-hanger will end with Baltar NOT being convicted. Now that's gonna start some crap fleetwide.

Alas, I must hope my skills at setting the VCR are properly tuned, and there are no cable or power failures next weekend . . . I'm going to be in LAS . . . and Battlestar will be the last thing on my mind. LOL

UALPHLCS

Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:58 am

Quoting ZANL188 (Reply 97):
Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 96):

Starbuck?

Here is the thing about Starbuck that leads to some interesting questions.

In the beginning of the episode in which Starbucks ship explodes and she appears to die the population count of the fleet was 41,400.

The next episode in the beginning Baltar's lawyer is assassinated. The next count however is 41,399.

There appeared to be 2 deaths but only one was counted. So either Statrbuck is a Cylon, or she isn't really dead. Either way something clearly involving Starbuck is going on with the count.

I'm not sure which it is but the producers don't fool with the count at the beginning of the show.
A little less Hooah, and a little more Dooah.