Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

zanl188

RE: Battlestar Galactica Season 3 .5 - 1 Week

Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:05 am

Quoting UALPHLCS (Reply 99):
There appeared to be 2 deaths but only one was counted. So either Statrbuck is a Cylon, or she isn't really dead. Either way something clearly involving Starbuck is going on with the count.

Probably just symbolic. In a population of 41000+ people there are going to be births & deaths in the course of a day or two thus throwing the count off.
Legal considerations provided by: Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe

UALPHLCS

Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:37 am

Quoting ZANL188 (Reply 100):
Probably just symbolic. In a population of 41000+ people there are going to be births & deaths in the course of a day or two thus throwing the count off.

Actually, no. The Producers said in several interviews and online that they pay close attention to that number and keep it accurate. In Season 2 when Helo and the others returned the number grew but did not count Boomer/Athena.

They said to pay attention to that number because it can be important. I think they were hinting at situations like this one with Starbuck.
A little less Hooah, and a little more Dooah.

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:17 am

Quoting UALPHLCS (Reply 101):
Quoting ZANL188 (Reply 100):

Actually, no. The Producers said in several interviews and online that they pay close attention to that number and keep it accurate. In Season 2 when Helo and the others returned the number grew but did not count Boomer/Athena.

They said to pay attention to that number because it can be important. I think they were hinting at situations like this one with Starbuck.

Re-reading the Chicago Trib article (I believe cited above) it appears as though Katie Sackhoff wanted off the show, and apparently, that's been accomplished.

If in fact, they've killed off Starbuck, I'm rather extremely disappointed. Starbuck is an integral part to Battlestar. I'd almost settle for bringing in another actress (e.g. Kirstie Alley/Robin Curtis = Savik in Trek).
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

UALPHLCS

Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:25 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 102):
Re-reading the Chicago Trib article (I believe cited above) it appears as though Katie Sackhoff wanted off the show, and apparently, that's been accomplished.

Looks like she wins the Saddam Hussein Career move award for 2007.

zanl188

Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:34 am

Quoting UALPHLCS (Reply 101):
Actually, no. The Producers said in several interviews and online that they pay close attention to that number and keep it accurate.

If that's true it takes away from the believeability of the show. People die, people make babies - it happens.

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 102):
If in fact, they've killed off Starbuck, I'm rather extremely disappointed. Starbuck is an integral part to Battlestar. I'd almost settle for bringing in another actress

Denise Crosby (if shes not 40 lbs overweight) would probably jump at the chance to be "reborn" in a popular sci fi series. I never did understand what she was thinking when she jumped ship at TNG - Tasha was hhhhhot!! Regardless Sackhoff would be well advised to talk to Crosby before leaving the show.

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:39 am

Quoting ZANL188 (Reply 104):
I never did understand what she was thinking when she jumped ship at TNG - Tasha was hhhhhot!!

She didn't jump ship, she was fired . . . . there was that little centerfold spread in Playboy that Roddenberry rather frowned upon.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

zanl188

Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:49 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 105):
She didn't jump ship, she was fired . . . . there was that little centerfold spread in Playboy that Roddenberry rather frowned upon.

Whoa!! I'd never heard that aspect of the story... She sure brought in the male 18-34 demographic though....

UALPHLCS

Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:53 am

Quoting ZANL188 (Reply 104):
If that's true it takes away from the believeability of the show. People die, people make babies - it happens.

Never the less the number does fluctuate. If you have it on DVD watch the numbers.

The last time there was a significant change, (not numerically, but as a plot device) was when Boomer and Helo returned. I think seven individuals where with Helo and Starbuck when they got back but the number only jumped 6, or something like that.

Anyway this time the number may hint at a significant plot point. What it is we don't know.

zanl188

Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:52 am

Ok guys...

Are all of us so unhappy with the writing in the later half of the season that nobody has a comment about the season finale?

Without giving too much a way.....

I:

- thought Lee was a powerful witness
- was surprised at the way the Admiral voted
- thought the dream sequence with Caprica Six, Laura, and Hera & her Mom was at least as important for Cylon determination as the scene with Sam, Chief, Tigh, and Lauras aide girl (all resistance leaders on New Caprica - hmmm). I'm not sure why yet.
- believe Gaius got a fair trial.

Did anyone really believe we'd seen the last of Starbuck?  Smile

RichardPrice

Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:59 am

Quoting ZANL188 (Reply 108):

Without giving too much a way.....

I however will go the otherway totally  Smile Skip my post if you want to miss the spoilers!

******** SPOILER ALERT **********

All of these points have been confirmed by Ron D Moore.

1. Starbuck has been signed for Season 4

2. Tyrol, Anders, Tigh and Tory are all definitely Cylons....

3. Which means Cally and Tyrols baby is a hybrid!

4. The four above are 'fundamentally different cylons'...

5. Tigh and Adama go back to the first Cylon war, which means the definition of 'Cylon' is going to change

6. Season 4 may be the final season

zanl188

Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:54 am

-->>Knocks on ANCs door<<--

Anybody home ANC?

Last show of the season <> Presumably the thread is wrapping up <> We've got to have a comment from ANC

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:02 am

Quoting ZANL188 (Reply 110):
Anybody home ANC?

Last show of the season <> Presumably the thread is wrapping up <> We've got to have a comment from ANC

I just got to watch it this morning, was in Vegas on Sunday and taped it.

Pretty bizarre episode.

Didn't think we'd see Starbuck again so soon. Now I'm almost thoroughly convinced she's a Cylon . . . . really.

Tigh, Tyrol, Anders, and Tory are all Cylons . . . just baffles the mind.

Starbuck? Aren't we missing the FIFTH of the final five??? And it's supposed to be a female. Remember, six and six, six men and six women. That would round out the 12.

Recall the episode where D'Anna sees one of the final five, and the image appears to have short cropped hair, etc. Starbuck it is. I'm betting on it (hopefully with better results than a poker game I played in Vegas).

I'm still not sure "where" that music is coming from or why it's only those handful of folks that hears it (other than the obvious that they are Cylons). How the hell can the music be coming from the ship itself?

So, 2008  irked  irked  mad  mad  grumpy  grumpy  WTF?!

Quoting RichardPrice (Reply 109):

Source for your Spoilers so I can read them as well. Thanks . . . .

RichardPrice

Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:27 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 111):
Source for your Spoilers so I can read them as well. Thanks . . . .

No problem  Smile

http://forums.scifi.com/index.php?showtopic=2269905

A collection of interviews from reputable sources.

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:02 am

Quoting RichardPrice (Reply 112):

Thanks for that, I hadn't read it before. Good read.

So, my thoughts here, either Roslyn or Starbuck is the fifth Cylon. But it will be a female. Makes the numbers even, 6 male and 6 female.

And the connection between Hera and Tyrols kid. One male. One female. The genesis of a new Human/Cylon race?

I am quite puzzled why he chose Tigh as a Cylon. Tyrol as well. Not so much Anders and Tory.

Season 4 ought to be interesting . . . .

And lets not forget the Made for DVD movie coming out between seasons.

RichardPrice

Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:15 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 113):
I am quite puzzled why he chose Tigh as a Cylon. Tyrol as well. Not so much Anders and Tory.

Tighs reason is easy - it immediately hints that all is not as it seems with the Cylon timeline.

It cant be, Tigh was around during the first Cylon war, but if hes a Cylon then that means the accepted definition is wrong - and that is what Moore hints at in one of those interviews.

I wouldnt be surprised if we find out that the name 'Cylon' is actually deep rooted in the 12 Colonies history, and doesnt just stem from the Cylon project that triggered the first Cylon war - maybe they were named after something historical or mythological. The 'second type' of Cylon is certainly related to the skinjobs, but whether they all come from a common source is another matter.

Also, how have Tigh and the others been passing medicals all these years if they are fundamentally different, neruologically and physically to normal humans?

Many questions!

UALPHLCS

Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:21 am

Quoting RichardPrice (Reply 114):
Also, how have Tigh and the others been passing medicals all these years if they are fundamentally different, neruologically and physically to normal humans?

Do they ever actually SAY what makes a cylon fundementally different physically to normal humans?

They never say what Baltar's test finds.

So there might be ways not yet revealed that cylons can hide in the population.

RichardPrice

Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:48 am

Quoting UALPHLCS (Reply 115):

Do they ever actually SAY what makes a cylon fundementally different physically to normal humans?

They never say what Baltar's test finds.

So there might be ways not yet revealed that cylons can hide in the population.

There is at least one major thing - the silica pathways in their brain that causes Leoben to suffer increasing neurological problems while in the Ragnar Anchorage facility.

northstardc4m

Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:11 am

Quoting NorthStarDC4M (Reply 35):
Tyrol: again, any reason not? cept Cally of course...

I told ya so!
I told ya so!
I told ya so!

ok out of my system...

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 113):
And the connection between Hera and Tyrols kid. One male. One female. The genesis of a new Human/Cylon race?

very interesting idea indeed. Then again, we don't really know what year it is on Earth do we? The truth behind Adam and Eve, we are ALL descended from Cylons... now there is a thought.

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 111):
Starbuck? Aren't we missing the FIFTH of the final five??? And it's supposed to be a female. Remember, six and six, six men and six women. That would round out the 12.

Could be, she certainly couldn't answer the "call"... but my gut (which got one (maybe even 2 i didn't discount Tigh...) out of 4... ok ok now its out of my system!) still says no on her... i'm thinking its one of the group that nabbed Baltar, and that she's known for some time which is why she didn't go to the gym with the others. Either that or it is good old Roslyn... she did appear to be suffering from "something" when they arrived at the Nebula...

Season 4 will tell...
A so.... we wait  Sad
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

UALPHLCS

Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:08 pm

BTW since we are all going through some BSG withdrawl here is something to take the edge off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrR8sKUKqZU

I particularly like the rap at the end.

RichardPrice

Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:36 pm

Quoting UALPHLCS (Reply 118):
BTW since we are all going through some BSG withdrawl here is something to take the edge off.

No no no no no  Smile

Heres something to really take the edge off!

http://www.game-warden.com/bsg/images/screenshots/screen04.jpg

Demo out now for OSX and Windows - http://www.game-warden.com/bsg/downloads.html

Its very very good  Smile