Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

QXatFAT
Topic Author

Songs And Politics/War

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:06 pm

Hey everyone,

So through out time (expecially during Vietnam) there have been songs to talk about politics and war and how the people feel about them. Not to necessarly support it but to talk about how it effects life here back at home.

With this said, I have just bought the new John Mayer cd and I must say, I love his song on there "Waiting On The World To Change". This song is amazing! I am a Republican as most of you know and do support President Bush and our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan and of course all over the world. But this song does touch me. Here are the lyrics. Tell me what you think or discuss what it means to you and other songs during war time that have stood out to you...

"Waiting On The World To Change"

Me and all my friends
We're all misunderstood
They say we stand for nothing
And there's no way we ever could
Now we see everything that's going wrong
With the world and those who lead it
We just feel like we don't have the means
To rise above and beat it

So we keep waiting
Waiting on the world to change
We keep on waiting

Now, if we had the power
To bring our neighbors home from war
They would have never missed a Christmas
No more ribbons on their door
And when you trust your television
What you get is what you got
Cause when they own the information
They can bend it all they want

That's why we're waiting
We keep on waiting

It's not that we don't care,
We just know that the fight ain't fair
So we keep on waiting

We're still waiting
We keep on waiting
One day our generation
Is gonna rule the population

So we keep waiting
No we keep on waiting
Don't Tread On Me!

copaair737

RE: Songs And Politics/War

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:16 pm

John Mayer is teh ghey.

-Copa
Livin' on Reds, Vitamin C, and Cocaine

oldman55

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:23 pm

Well back when I was young we were in the midst of the Vietnam war; and everybody says how much things were different back then. But here we are 35+years later with many of the same things starting to happen in Iraq; so my question is. have things really changed?or is History just repeating itself?
too bad most of us get too soon old and too late smart

aloges

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:25 pm

I think this one is widely known:

War! huh-yeah
What is it good for?
Absolutely nothing
Uh-huh

War! huh-yeah
What is it good for?
Absolutely nothing
Say it again y'all

War! huh good God
What is it good for?
Absolutely nothing
Listen to me?

Ohhh? War! I despise
Because it means destruction?
Of innocent lives

War means tears
to thousands of mothers eyes
When their sons go to fight
and lose their lives

I said - War! Huh Good God y'all
What is it good for?
Absolutely nothing
Say it again

War! Whoa, Lord ...
What is it good for
Absolutely nothing
Listen to me?

War! It ain't nothing but a heartbreaker
War! Friend only to the undertaker
War! It's an enemy to all mankind
The thought of war blows my mind

War has caused unrest in the younger generation
Induction then destruction-
Who wants to die?

Ohhh? War Good God y'all
What is it good for?
Absolutely nothing
Say it, Say it, Say it

War! Uh-huh Yeah - Huh!
What is it good for?
Absolutely nothing
Listen to me?

War! It's got one friend, that's the undertaker
War has shattered many a young mans dreams
Made him disabled bitter and mean
Life is much to precious to spend fighting wars these days
War can't give life, it can only take it away

War! Huh Good God y'all
What is it good for?
Absolutely nothing
Say it again

War! Whoa, Lord ...
What is it good for
Absolutely nothing
Listen to me?

War! Friend only to the undertaker
Peace Love and Understanding;
tell me, is there no place for them today?
They say we must fight to keep our freedom
But Lord knows there's got to be a better way

War! Huh Good God y'all
What is it good for?
You tell me
Say it, Say it, Say it

War! Huh Good God y'all
What is it good for?
Stand up and shout it.
Nothing!
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

L-188

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:27 pm

Who is John Mayer?

Quoting QXatFAT (Thread starter):

So through out time (expecially during Vietnam) there have been songs to talk about politics and war and how the people feel about them. Not to necessarly support it but to talk about how it effects life here back at home.

A better commentary is, "These Colors Don't Run" by Southern Cactus or "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue (The Angry American)," by Toby Keith.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

copaair737

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:31 pm

Quoting L-188 (Reply 4):
Who is John Mayer?

He's like those emo bands but not as depressed I guess.
He writes music that all sounds alike. I'm not sure how I would categorize it.
Maybe I just don't understand it....IDK...but I think its trash.
Its "teh ghey"

-Copa

deltagator

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:33 pm

Quoting L-188 (Reply 4):
Who is John Mayer?

The ugliest man in rock and roll who just happens to have the opportunity to motorboat Chestica Simpson's tig bitties whenever he desires.

While it dealt with Vietnam, though not during the time period, there was Springsteen's "Born in the USA" which seriously has to be one of the worst songs he has ever done.

Quoting Aloges (Reply 3):

It is well known but it shows a very naive view of the world in thinking we can all get along and never have war. War is inevitable at some points and does accomplish things, both good and bad. It all depends on whether you are on the winning side or not.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

QXatFAT
Topic Author

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:34 pm

Quoting L-188 (Reply 4):
Who is John Mayer?

I would not say he is emo like Copa said but he does express a lot of emotions in his music. He writes it to fit what he feels at the time. So in a way he is "emo" (emotional) but not with the same style at the catigory "Emo". He is just a light contemperary I guess you could say. Soft rock?
Don't Tread On Me!

copaair737

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:34 pm

"Ohio" by CSNY came out as a protest song. Right after the Kent State Shootings.

-Copa

Derico

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:35 pm

I haven't heard this song in particular you talk about, but sure, there are many songs about this topic that have stood out.

When I meet people from other Spanish-speaking countries almost all of them, when the music topic comes up, bring up 'Los Dinosaurios', a song by an Argentine rock artist, Charly Garcia. It is an incredibly well done metaforic and satiric song about the dictatorship in Argentina from 1976 to 1983.

In fact the song was so well cleverly written and it's true meaning disguised, that the government sensors actually allowed it in the end.

There are other songs that come to my mind, either about the Dictatorship or the Falklands, etc.
My internet was not shut down, the internet has shut me down

copaair737

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:36 pm

Quoting QXatFAT (Reply 7):

I would not say he is emo like Copa said but he does express a lot of emotions in his music. He writes it to fit what he feels at the time. So in a way he is "emo" (emotional) but not with the same style at the catigory "Emo". He is just a light contemperary I guess you could say. Soft rock?

He's almost at Emo level, but what seperates him is he is not as depressed and he doesn't wear women's jeans.

I just think he's "teh ghey".

-Copa

L-188

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:36 pm

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 6):
While it dealt with Vietnam, though not during the time period, there was Springsteen's "Born in the USA" which seriously has to be one of the worst songs he has ever done.

I think one of the best cases for poetic justice is the fact that song while intended to be a protest song turned into a pro-american anthem.

QXatFAT
Topic Author

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:40 pm

Quoting Copaair737 (Reply 10):
He's almost at Emo level, but what seperates him is he is not as depressed and he doesn't wear women's jeans.

I agree with you on this. Good explanation

I just think he's "teh ghey".

I dont even know what that means?!

Quoting Derico (Reply 9):
I haven't heard this song in particular you talk about

Id encourage you to listen to it. It might not be your style of music, but still powerful non the less.

Quoting Derico (Reply 9):
when the music topic comes up, bring up 'Los Dinosaurios',

I will have to do a search and listen to it. Sounds like a good powerful song.

Quoting Aloges (Reply 3):

Deffinatly a good song but I dont know if I agree with the words 100%. But still a good sounding song.
Don't Tread On Me!

copaair737

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:42 pm

Quoting QXatFAT (Reply 12):

I dont even know what that means?!

Its some message board slang off of a Canes Board I frequent. Nothing special.

-Copa

aloges

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:45 pm

War is inevitable at some points

You mean the guns and bombs fire and drop themselves and we have to figure out how to stop them? War is the easiest thing to keep from happening, it's just that there are loads of people around who think that a "bloody good hiding" works on the international level, too.

and does accomplish things, both good and bad.

Yet I can't think of any war that brought more good than bad. The final balance is always negative. Take WW2 for example, millions of people died, parts of the generation of my (great-)grandfathers committed the worst crime in history and the most prominent result was the Cold War.
Obviously, someone from the US can easily think of that war and its result as a great achievement, but that's because US civilians weren't murdered by the thousands or millions.

gunsontheroof

Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:06 pm

Donald wept through the proceedings. His tears soaked through the canvas that cloaked his twisted face and they stained his orange jumpsuit where with such rare distinction he once displayed the evidence of his outstanding contributions to the maintenance of a kingdom come, but those days are gone.

He’s nothing more than a number on a docket thick with shareholders, engineers, PR firms, politicians: war-profiteers.

"How the fuck did I end up here? This just isn’t fair. Ain’t no place for a millionaire." He searches for the words to stop this table in mid-turn, like “we are but old men” and “we only did what we were told,” but the laughter from the gallery drowns out these vestiges of a profession’s oldest defense.

The court will direct the record to reflect compliments from the bench; you sir, are central casting’s crowning achievement. And for your outstanding performance in a comedic role, I’d like to dedicate the findings of the jury to the dead.

But how can one man ever repay a debt so appalling? Can’t gouge 10,000 eyes from a single head so I think we should observe a sentence that will serve to satisfy both a sense of function and poetry: so you will spend the rest of your days drenched in sweat, with your face drawn in a rictus of terror as you remove another buried land mine fuse.

Meanwhile, 100 yards back behind the sandbags, a legless foreman pulls the trigger on a red megaphone. Squelching feedback. Drunken laughter. Broken English. His dead daughter’s picture. Time and tide, no one can anticipate the inevitable waves of change.
Picked a hell of a week to quit sniffing glue.

deltagator

Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:04 pm

Quoting Aloges (Reply 14):
You mean the guns and bombs fire and drop themselves and we have to figure out how to stop them?

That is not what I meant and I expect a better response out of you than this one.

War is the easiest thing to keep from happening

No it's not. You have a very simplistic view of people and human nature if you believe that. Your work towards a peaceful world is laudable but you have to understand that aworld without war is just never going to happen.

it's just that there are loads of people around who think that a "bloody good hiding" works on the international level, too.

And, GASP!, they aren't all from the US!

Yet I can't think of any war that brought more good than bad.

If you say so.

The final balance is always negative.

In your opinion which you are of course entitled to even if others think it is wrong. Like I said earlier, someone's viewpoint on war is based on whether your side won or lost.

Take WW2 for example, millions of people died, parts of the generation of my (great-)grandfathers committed the worst crime in history and the most prominent result was the Cold War.

And had it not been for the USA your country would have continued to kill more and more people and continued to commit those crimes. You see a negative thing but I see a positive in that even more people were not killed by your country or the Japanese.

Obviously, someone from the US can easily think of that war and its result as a great achievement, but that's because US civilians weren't murdered by the thousands or millions.

Very true, but then thousands and millions of Germans and other Europeans and Asians weren't killed because of US involvement. We obviously aren't a perfect country but we did our best to stay out of the war and were pushed into it by your country and the Japanese. While we didn't start that war we sure as hell ended it before the two countries could do more damage. Again, you say negative but I, and millions of others, say positive.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

davestanKSAN

Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:33 pm

Quoting Gunsontheroof (Reply 15):

Dang that's crazy, what's that from??

Dave
Yesterday we've sinned, today we move towards God. Touch the sky....love and respect...Safe Star!

aloges

Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:59 pm

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 16):
And, GASP!, they aren't all from the US!

Come on, I'm not one who'd say that.

We obviously aren't a perfect country but we did our best to stay out of the war and were pushed into it by your country and the Japanese.

Hitler and Hirohito started the war in their parts of the world, which is the thing that led to all the negativity.

Your work towards a peaceful world is laudable but you have to understand that aworld without war is just never going to happen.

I agree with that, as history proves it to be correct. But my point is more theoretical, people do not naturally shoot at each other to achieve their goals. Humans are easily the most idiotic species on the planet when it comes to this - instead of cooperating for the common good and advancement of our species, we regularly return to wasting our lives and resources on border disputes, religious feuds and strategic "advantages". It takes propaganda or terror to take a people to war - without either of them, people wouldn't go to it. That's why war is, theoretically, infinitely easy to prevent.

Alas, a lot of people seem to long for an opportunity to discuss their issues at gunpoint.

And had it not been for the USA your country would have continued to kill more and more people and continued to commit those crimes. You see a negative thing but I see a positive in that even more people were not killed by your country or the Japanese.

The US and others, the Russians and the British for example.

I see the negative thing in that millions of people were killed in the first place. I see a negative thing in that thousands of GIs lost their lives fighting Hitler's armies, that thousands of conscripts died in the Russian winter, that civilians were murdered first by German and then by Allied air raids. The negative thing I see is the war itself, not the US involvement that helped so much end it.

You may not have noticed it, but you've made my point. AFAIK, most Americans remember the WW2 soldiers as the Greatest Generation, which denotes their very commendable (i.e. positive) readiness to risk their lives in the war. That's what I tried to say in reply 14, and you confirmed it by extending the positive image of the US involvement to the entire war.
The difference is that the GIs didn't suffer at home, they didn't die in Minnesota, Wyoming or Texas. Their parents didn't have to go to bomb shelters at night and their sisters didn't lose their babies during air raids. So people were proud of their honourable loved ones and hoped for their return. Those who did were welcomed enthusiastically, those who didn't will forever be remembered lovingly.
But that doesn't take away from the fact they, in the end, lost their lives to murderous dictators who unleashed terror of a dimension yet unknown to mankind. That is the negative aspect, that is why the war itself was negative. To say the war was positive would be to say their deaths were positive.
Finally, I'll repeat: the US involvement in the war was, for the most part, positive.

AGM100

Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:35 pm

Fu*k the Middle East
There's too many problems
They just get in the way
We could sure live without them
They hijack our planes
They raise our oil prices
We'll kill em all and have a ball
And end their f**kin crisis
BEIRUT, LEBANON, won't exist once we're done
LIBYA, IRAN, we'll flush those bastards down the can
SYRIANS and SHIITES, we'll crush their faces with our might
Then Israel and Egypt can live in peace without these dicks.

Storm Troopers of Death .. 1985
 stirthepot   Wink
You dig the hole .. I fill the hole . 100% employment !

JetJock22

Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:43 pm

motorboat Chestica Simpson's tig bitties

I think that has to be one of the funniest lines I have ever read in an a.net post.

texan

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:58 pm

Merle Haggard, "That's the News"

Suddenly it's over, the war is fin'lly done.
Soldiers in the desert sand, still clingin' to a gun.
No-one is the winner an' everyone must lose.
Suddenly the war is over: that's the news.

Suddenly celebrity is somethin' back in style.
Back to runnin' tabloid for a while.
Pain's almost everywhere, the whole world's got the blues.

That's the news, that's the news.
That's the ever-lovin', blessed, headline news.
Someone's missin;' in Modesto, an' it's sad about the clues.

Suddenly the cost of war is somethin' out of sight.
Lost a lotta heroes in the fight.
Politicians do all the talkin': soldiers pay the dues.
Suddenly the war is over, that's the news.

That's the news, that's the news.
That's the ever-lovin', blessed, headline news.
Politicians do all the talkin': soldiers pay the dues.
Suddenly the war is over, that's the news.

Released in 2003 in his opposition to the current war

Texan
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."

Superfly

Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:38 am

ARTIST: Buffalo Springfield
TITLE: For What It's Worth

There's something happening here
What it is ain't exactly clear
There's a man with a gun over there
Telling me I got to beware
I think it's time we stop, children, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Young people speaking their minds
Getting so much resistance from behind
I think it's time we stop, hey, what's that sound

What a field-day for the heat
A thousand people in the street
Singing songs and carrying signs
Mostly say, hooray for our side
It's time we stop, hey, what's that sound

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
You step out of line, the man come and take you away

We better stop, hey, what's that sound
Stop, hey, what's that sound
Stop, now, what's that sound
Stop, children, what's that sound
Bring back the Concorde

AGM100

Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:45 am

but what seperates him is he is not as depressed and he doesn't wear women's jeans.

Mayer is a pretty accomplished guitarist and vocalist. I had the chance to see him live , he has a very smooth style , pretty original guitar sound and style.

War of Man Mr. Neil Young ....

The little creatures run in from the cold
Back to the nest just like the days of old
There in the safety of a mother's arms
The warmth of ages, far away from harm again.

Ears ringin' from the battle fire
The tired warrior aims a little higher
The black falcon or the little sparrow
The healing light or the flash of the barrel.

No one wins
It's a war of man,
No one wins
It's a war of man.

Silver mane flyin' in the wind
Down through the planets on the run again
No one knows where they're runnin' to
But every kind is comin' two by two.

Out on the delta where the hoofbeats pound
The daddy's runnin' on the frozen ground
Can't smell the poison as it follows him
Can't see the gas and machines, it's a war of man.

No one wins
It's a war of man,
No one wins
It's a war of man.

The windows open and the little girl dreams
The sky's her playground as she mounts her steed
Across the heavens to the other side
On wings of magic does the little girl ride.

The baby creatures run in from the cold
Back to the nest just like the days of old
There in the safety of a mother's arms
The warmth of ages, far away from harm again.

No one wins
It's a war of man,
No one wins
It's a war of man,
No one wins.

Through these fields of destruction
Baptisms of fire
I've watched all your suffering
As the battles raged higher
And though they did hurt me so bad
I the fear and alarm
You did not desert me
My brothers in arms

There's so many different worlds
So many different suns
And we have just one world
But we live in different ones
You dig the hole .. I fill the hole . 100% employment !

deltagator

Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:52 am

Quoting Aloges (Reply 18):
Finally, I'll repeat: the US involvement in the war was, for the most part, positive.

Ok, good post by the way. I think I just take you a little too literally when in fact you have some deeper meaning in your words than what is just at the surface.

Quoting Aloges (Reply 18):
Come on, I'm not one who'd say that.

I know but you can see how it could be interpreted that way.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 22):
ARTIST: Buffalo Springfield

Thank you. The name was escaping me. Throw in some of the stuff from Big Brother and The Holding Company while you're at it.

aloges

Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:59 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 24):
I think I just take you a little too literally when in fact you have some deeper meaning in your words than what is just at the surface.

Sounds a bit poetic, but that's exactly how it is.

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 24):
I know but you can see how it could be interpreted that way.

checkmark 

Confuscius

Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:25 am

How 'bout 60s protest song "Eve of Destruction" by Barry McGuire

The eastern world, it is exploding
Violence flarin’, bullets loadin’
You’re old enough to kill, but not for votin’
You don’t believe in war, but what’s that gun you’re totin’
And even the Jordan River has bodies floatin’

But you tell me
Over and over and over again, my friend
Ah, you don’t believe
We’re on the eve of destruction.

Don’t you understand what I’m tryin’ to say
Can’t you feel the fears I’m feelin’ today?
If the button is pushed, there’s no runnin’ away
There’ll be no one to save, with the world in a grave
[Take a look around ya boy, it's bound to scare ya boy]

And you tell me
Ah, you don’t believe

Yeah, my blood’s so mad feels like coagulatin’
I’m sitting here just contemplatin’
I can’t twist the truth, it knows no regulation.
Handful of senators don’t pass legislation
And marches alone can’t bring integration
When human respect is disintegratin’
This whole crazy world is just too frustratin’

And you tell me
Ah, you don’t believe

Think of all the hate there is in Red China
Then take a look around to Selma, Alabama
You may leave here for 4 days in space
But when you return, it’s the same old place
The poundin’ of the drums, the pride and disgrace
You can bury your dead, but don’t leave a trace
Hate your next-door neighbor, but don’t forget to say grace
And… tell me over and over and over and over again, my friend
You don’t believe
We’re on the eve
Of destruction
Mm, no no, you don’t believe
Ain't I a stinker?

gunsontheroof

Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:38 am

Quoting DavestanKSAN (Reply 17):

Dang that's crazy, what's that from??

"Iteration" by Propagandhi. Quite the rocker.
Picked a hell of a week to quit sniffing glue.

AsstChiefMark

Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:52 am

"Masters of War" was written by Bob Dylan in 1963. It could have been written yesterday.

Come you masters of war
You that build all the guns
You that build the death planes
You that build the big bombs
You that hide behind walls
You that hide behind desks
I just want you to know
I can see through your masks

You that never done nothin'
But build to destroy
You play with my world
Like it's your little toy
You put a gun in my hand
And you hide from my eyes
And you turn and run farther
When the fast bullets fly

Like Judas of old
You lie and deceive
A world war can be won
You want me to believe
But I see through your eyes
And I see through your brain
Like I see through the water
That runs down my drain

You fasten the triggers
For the others to fire
Then you set back and watch
When the death count gets higher
You hide in your mansion
As young people's blood
Flows out of their bodies
And is buried in the mud

You've thrown the worst fear
That can ever be hurled
Fear to bring children
Into the world
For threatening my baby
Unborn and unnamed
You ain't worth the blood
That runs in your veins

How much do I know
To talk out of turn
You might say that I'm young
You might say I'm unlearned
But there's one thing I know
Though I'm younger than you
Even Jesus would never
Forgive what you do

Let me ask you one question
Is your money that good
Will it buy you forgiveness
Do you think that it could
I think you will find
When your death takes its toll
All the money you made
Will never buy back your soul

And I hope that you die
And your death'll come soon
I will follow your casket
In the pale afternoon
And I'll watch while you're lowered
Down to your deathbed
And I'll stand o'er your grave
'Til I'm sure that you're dead
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

davestanKSAN

Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:58 am

Quoting Gunsontheroof (Reply 27):
"Iteration" by Propagandhi. Quite the rocker.

Cool thanks  Smile.

Dave
Yesterday we've sinned, today we move towards God. Touch the sky....love and respect...Safe Star!

IFEMaster

Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:08 am

I have just bought the new John Mayer cd

Continuum? Absolutely fantastic CD; strong contender for best album of 2006 if you ask me.

Now for a little light relief, here's a song from Mark Knopfler that contains a little bit of dark humour and a dig at Bush & Son:

Don't Crash The Ambulance by Mark Knopfler

Don’t often open up this floor
Since I handed in my gun
What all these keys are for
Now my tour of duty’s done
You got to know the switches
Now you got your turn
Watch and learn, junior, watch and learn

Now you will get your trouble spots
Here’s one from down voodoo way
Bragged he had me by the you-know-whats
Very funny, you don’t say
The big enchilada, stealing elections
Had to go down there, trash collection
Got his cojones on my desk in there
Made into a souvenir
Set of cufflinks, nice pair
The rest of him’s someplace up here
Sometimes you got to put a shoulder to the door
Not so fast, junior, listen to your pa
Here, son, I’m handing over to you
Don’t crash the ambulance
Whatever you do

What we have here’s a dung hole place
Thought it was fly shit on the map
Fat bastard, ugly face, and the personal crap
You can’t move the barriers
You can’t mess with oil and gas
Had to go down there, stick a couple of
Aircraft carriers in his ass
Fancy dress, medals chest
It’s all in here for all the gigs
Gas mask, bullet-proof vest
All the usual rigs
There’ll be things they missed
They didn’t mention
You’ve even got a whistle in there
For attracting attention

Well, I think you’re gonna be okay, son
You’ve had the tour, I guess
These two buttons by the way
This one I hope you never press
Some holy fool, just watch
Who’s not like you or me
That one’s the whole
Shooting match right there
It’s the whole shootery
We don’t forget who put us here, Jack
That’s page one
We talk soft but carry a big stick
And pack the biggest gun
We don’t like accidents, major or minor
You don’t want yourself an incident
And don’t ever invade China

Whatever you do
Delivering Anecdotes of Dubious Relevance Since 1978

L-188

Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:02 pm

Quoting Texan (Reply 21):
Merle Haggard, "That's the News"

Not his best work..."Okie from Muskogee" was a much better song.