Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

mlsrar
Topic Author

Favre Is Returning

Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:02 am

http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t...tory%3Fid%3D2752032&cid=1113010377

Looks like he's decided to give it another shot.

Good for him, but I think he's in it for the Benjamins, no matter what y'all say.
I mean, for the right price I’ll fight a lion. - Mike Tyson

graphic

RE: Favre Is Returning

Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:05 am

Demand Media fails at life

KaiGywer

Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:06 am

Well, as long as he thinks he can do it, all the more power to him.

Go Vikings!  Smile
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

mlsrar
Topic Author

Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:10 am

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 2):
Go Vikings!

NO, it's SKOL Vikings  Smile

You're talking to a Vikings season ticket holder living in Milwaukee...scary down here with these thin gene pools.

ANCFlyer

Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:22 am

)ER)*[email protected]@()vb2 n32 v= ufg34n8n892348t9 b9i234mb I _)9ui2 3- b0

It's time ole #4 moved on already . . .

Alas, another season of this:

FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

charlienorth

Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:51 am

He is NWA DC9 of pro football Smile
Work hard fly right..don't understand it

ltbewr

Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:29 am

There were some bright spots with the Packers this past year, fewer key injuries, some good new players, and Farve was able to stay in one piece. I am glad he will go for at least another year. His arm and aim is still pretty good, he still very much loves the game and his part in it, plus the coachs as well as the rest of the team seem to work well with him. I would say he shoud only leave if seriously injured or starts to fail regularly.

mlsrar
Topic Author

Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:49 am

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 6):
arve was able to stay in one piece.

He's always been able to do that, that's nothing new.

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 6):
I would say he shoud only leave if seriously injured or starts to fail regularly.

He's going for Blanda's record of 277 INTs  Smile

airtran737

Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:52 am

Quoting Mlsrar (Thread starter):

Good for him, but I think he's in it for the Benjamins, no matter what y'all say.

I'm a Bears fan, but have always respected Favre. He is old school, a throw back to a bygone era. Favre represents the vision of how the game is meant to be played, and it will be good for him to have one more go around, just as long as the Bears beat him both times.
Nice Trip Report!!! Great Pics, thanks for posting!!!! B747Forever

allstarflyer

Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:59 am

Quoting Mlsrar (Thread starter):
http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t...tory%3Fid%3D2752032&cid=1113010377

checkmark  Or the Grants, or however you look at it.

Quoting Mlsrar (Reply 7):
He's going for Blanda's record of 277 INTs

rotfl 

Quoting AirTran737 (Reply 8):
it will be good for him to have one more go around, just as long as the Bears beat him both times.

checkmark  As long as the Bears don't shrug like they did the last game of this past season, that's two (should be) wins for Da Bears next season.

-R
Living the American Dream

AirframeAS

Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:50 am

I think 2007 will be his final season. As much as I respect Farve, but he looks like he is just worn out. I admire his return for one more season though.
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

piercey

Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:01 am

Quoting AirTran737 (Reply 8):
just as long as the Bears beat him both times.

I don't know, if the last 4 games of the season are sign of things to come, and if we get a better RB and o line, 36-3 round 3 and 4  Smile
Well I believe it all is coming to an end. Oh well, I guess we are gonna pretend.

TedTAce

Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:36 am

I was going to use this in the Barbaro thread, but for some reason it actually seems more apropos here:

This space intentionally left blank

AirCop

Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:48 am

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 2):
Well, as long as he thinks he can do it, all the more power to him.

Considering Aaron Rodgers is not ready (then again he may never be ready to take over) this is probably the best chance the Packers have. Did you see that Favre wants the Packers to go after Randy Moss?

fraspotter

Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:02 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 4):

I don't know why everybody seems to say that Fare needs to "go away already". He's been in the league since what 1992? To put it into perspective, Drew Bledsoe was in the 1993 draft as the top overall pick. Brett has had far more success than Drew, yet I don't hear anyone speculating when drew will finally retire. he's been in the league for 14 years and just got bumped to backup QB in Dallas (His 3rd team). I think the question should be "When will Drew finally call it quits?".
"The strength of the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of your coffee."

— Gunter's Second Law of Air Travel

KaiGywer

Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:04 am

Quoting AirCop (Reply 13):
Did you see that Favre wants the Packers to go after Randy Moss?

I guess they felt at home with this:

“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

AirCop

Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:09 am

Quoting FRAspotter (Reply 14):
When will Drew finally call it quits?".

Hasn't he already? Judging from his play, isn't he just collecting a paycheck? Good point about Favre v. Drew. How many other qb from 1992-93 are still around?

L-188

Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:46 am

I am convinced that he isn't going to retire until he beats all of Dan Marino's records.

Pure ego.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

jpetekyxmd80

Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:54 am

Quoting L-188 (Reply 17):
I am convinced that he isn't going to retire until he beats all of Dan Marino's records.

Pure ego.

Shows what you know about Brett Favre.

The consensus here in cheeseland is overwhelming approval.
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

jpetekyxmd80

Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:03 pm

Quoting Allstarflyer (Reply 19):
Quoting JpetekYXMD80 (Reply 18):Shows what you know about Brett Favre.

If you think Favre's primary motivation to play football is records, just what do you know about football in general? Seriously.

In any event, I doubt most of the records will outlive Peytons career...

AirCop

Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:42 pm

Since some of Marino's records are owned by some qb in Indy, I would venture the reason he playing because he likes the competition.

piercey

Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:11 pm

Quoting AirCop (Reply 13):

Considering Aaron Rodgers is not ready (then again he may never be ready to take over) this is probably the best chance the Packers have. Did you see that Favre wants the Packers to go after Randy Moss?

please, not him. rot in hell in oakland. Now Santana or Sinorice  yes 

Quoting AirCop (Reply 16):
Good point about Favre v. Drew. How many other qb from 1992-93 are still around?

I know of 2 who are longer (Johnson and Testeverde) and McNair is up there.
Well I believe it all is coming to an end. Oh well, I guess we are gonna pretend.

UAXDXer

Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:32 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 4):

Pleas tell me why... this guy has never missed as start, he plays just as good or better than most of the QB's in the league. If he was the QB in Chicago right now the would be favored to win instead of the Colts! If you are going to make a boneheaded comment like that, you really ought to back it up!

Pure ego.

Give me a break, Favre has nothing to Prove to anyone, he can live the rest of life with never having to work again so he sure has hell doesn't need the money. He does it for the love of the game and maybe for the Packer fans who have given him so much over the years.
It takes a bug to hit a windsheild but it takes guts to stick

mke717spotter

Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:15 pm

Great news! Heard is this morning over the radio when I was headin to the dentist. Overall, he had a good season just now primarly because the interceptions were down. As long as he can continue to play, he should, as he's still one of the best out there.
Will you watch the Cleveland Browns and the Detroit Lions on Sunday? Only if coach Eric Mangini resigned after a loss.

allstarflyer

Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:25 pm

Quoting JpetekYXMD80 (Reply 20):
If you think Favre's primary motivation to play football is records, just what do you know about football in general? Seriously.

In any event, I doubt most of the records will outlive Peytons career...

If you did your research (even in this thread), you'd find I'm not a Colts fan for one, but a Bears fan. So I don't care if Favre's records outlive Manning's - all I care is the whoopin' the Bears (when they care to - not like the last game of the season) now give Favre.

I also know that while the Pack have the most titles in NFL history, the Bears also have the most wins. The Pack had Nitzchke, the Bears had George, Butkus, Singletary and now Urlacher. The Bears have the greatest running back tradition from Nagurski to Sayers to Payton (that's one more than the 2 the Cowpies can boast). The Bears have the greatest MLB tradition, the most numbers retired of any team (deservedly - entertain me with an opposing argument, though, if you like), the most players from one team enshrined in the HOF, the most enduring defensive tradition (Monsters of the Midway of the 40's to the "46" of the 80's to their speedy, playmaking D of this decade). The Bears had a QB that dominated his decade in Luckman only like Unitas did in the 50's, Bradshaw in the 70's and Montana in the 80's. The Pack have had some things, too, though. What they are, I really don't care  biggrin  .

-R

allstarflyer

Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:26 pm

Quoting Allstarflyer (Reply 19):
Quoting Mlsrar (Reply 7):
He's going for Blanda's record of 277 INTs

Haven't heard anything about this yet.  Wink

-R

jpetekyxmd80

Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:48 pm

Quoting Allstarflyer (Reply 25):
If you did your research (even in this thread), you'd find I'm not a Colts fan for one, but a Bears fan.

Uh...when did I ever insinuate you were a Colts fan...? It was very obvious that you are a Bears fan from your earlier post...so i guess i did my research. If you're going to make condescending comments like that, at least have some semblance of ground to stand on!

Even most of the bitter enemies of the Pack still have a great deal of respect for what Favre's done and is all about. Clearly with your comments about coming back only for records, you don't have the respect deserved, or the clue.

all I care is the whoopin' the Bears (when they care to - not like the last game of the season) now give Favre.

I'm sure Favre's 22-8 record against the Bears is no reason you want him gone so bad!

I also know that while the Pack have the most titles in NFL history, the Bears also have the most wins. The Pack had Nitzchke, the Bears had George, Butkus, Singletary and now Urlacher. The Bears have the greatest running back tradition from Nagurski to Sayers to Payton (that's one more than the 2 the Cowpies can boast). The Bears have the greatest MLB tradition, the most numbers retired of any team (deservedly - entertain me with an opposing argument, though, if you like), the most players from one team enshrined in the HOF, the most enduring defensive tradition (Monsters of the Midway of the 40's to the "46" of the 80's to their speedy, playmaking D of this decade). The Bears had a QB that dominated his decade in Luckman only like Unitas did in the 50's, Bradshaw in the 70's and Montana in the 80's. The Pack have had some things, too, though. What they are, I really don't care    .

Nice aimless rant about nothing pertaining to Brett Favre. Sure, Bears, nice history, blah blah. I don't hate the Bears like I do the Vikings. In fact, I can be pretty damn impartial or supportive when the opponent isn't the Pack. I hope that made you feel great about your team, but i'll take the Packers and their history any day, thanks.

allstarflyer

Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:33 pm

Quoting JpetekYXMD80 (Reply 27):
Uh...when did I ever insinuate you were a Colts fan...?

Well, you were responding to me, and it was clear I was a Bears fan.

i guess i did my research.

Then you didn't apply it.

If you're going to make condescending comments like that, at least have some semblance of ground to stand on!

Done.

I hope that made you feel great about your team

Sure did  Wink . It's a better stand for my team than this drivel . . .

i'll take the Packers and their history any day, thanks.

Which doesn't include a winning season from this year  Wink . Whoo-hoo! .500 rocks!

You don't like the Vikings? Remember when the Pack had that long home-winning streak in the 90's, and then the Vikes came to town with Moss and busted it up? That was great! Or when Jerry Rice (who supposedly fumbled - just like a Packer did on the series prior - and that wasn't caught by the refs, either) helped lead the Niners down the field culminating in Young to Owens in the playoffs? I loved it! Remember when Terrell Davis and the Broncos went up 31-24 in the 4th because Holmgren let them? Classic football! Well, I could go on, but, I think you get the point  Wink .

-R

UAXDXer

Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:50 pm

Quoting Allstarflyer (Reply 28):
Which doesn't include a winning season from this year

It wsan't a losing season either. Oh and by they way, the Packers had the same NFC North record that Bears did.

jpetekyxmd80

Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:35 pm

You don't like the Vikings? Remember when the Pack had that long home-winning streak in the 90's, and then the Vikes came to town with Moss and busted it up?

Exactly, because the Vikings actually won some games against us and good competition. I don't have the same feelings for the Bears because I grew up with them being a divisional doormat. So, thank you Ragnar, for those kind thoughts about the Vikings. The reason I hate the Vikings more is simply because they've been much more of an achilles heel to the Packers than the Bears. The reason you hate the Packers so much is the sheer number of thrashings your team has got from them in the last 15 years. See how simple this is?

Or when Jerry Rice (who supposedly fumbled - just like a Packer did on the series prior - and that wasn't caught by the refs, either) helped lead the Niners down the field culminating in Young to Owens in the playoffs? I loved it!

Yeah, some great games and memories, eh? I'm glad we could give you some. I'm sure you also will recall that was a bit of a token game...no one has the 49ers number like the Packers in the last 11-12 years. BTW what were the Bears doing in the 90's?

Well, you were responding to me, and it was clear I was a Bears fan.

Quoting JpetekYXMD80 (Reply 27):i guess i did my research.
Then you didn't apply it.

What? Don't be thick. It was obvious that I brought up Manning to downplay the statistical milestones Favre will attain next season. (Because I think ultimately he will own most) Has nothing to do with who your team is. Sorry to inform you the world doesn't revolve around you.  

Which doesn't include a winning season from this year   . Whoo-hoo! .500 rocks!

Oh, want to talk about the Bears of the 90's?

Well, I could go on, but, I think you get the point   .

Oh no!! Please do recap all the Bears playoff memories fro '94-'04!!! All....1 of them!? At least we have too many big games and memories to count in there....and of course a super bowl ring..

By the way, you forgot to mention the most obvious painful memory, what a pity.

It's a better stand for my team than this drivel . . .

Just what drivel would that be? Just because you haven't been able to comprehend my fairly simple logic doesn't make it drivel..

You're really pushing me towards the Colts on sunday...

[Edited 2007-02-03 09:39:47]

mke717spotter

Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:33 am

If your going to talk about the Packer's messup's the past couple years, why don't you look at the bears. Since Favre started his consecutive streak for the Pack, havent the Bears started like 15 or so different quarterbacks? And that came with no real success until now, but even Grossman's up in the air.
Will you watch the Cleveland Browns and the Detroit Lions on Sunday? Only if coach Eric Mangini resigned after a loss.

allstarflyer

Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:13 am

Quoting JpetekYXMD80 (Reply 30):
You're really pushing me towards the Colts on sunday...

crying 

I don't have the same feelings for the Bears because I grew up with them being a divisional doormat.

As I grew up watching Don Majkowski horizontal on the field.

The reason you hate the Packers so much is the sheer number of thrashings your team has got from them in the last 15 years. See how simple this is?

Mmm . . . no. I don't care much for a team that even got banished from the league within its first 5 years of existence.

no one has the 49ers number like the Packers in the last 11-12 years.

And who got the last laugh on that? Remember the look on Holmgren's face as he left the field? You remind me of that.

Sorry to inform you the world doesn't revolve around you.

Nope, and this weekend, it doesn't revolve around the Packers, either. Guess around whom it does revolve  Wink ?

Which doesn't include a winning season from this year . Whoo-hoo! .500 rocks!

Oh, want to talk about the Bears of the 90's?

Or the Packers of the 80's? Care to join those of us who live in the present?

Just because you haven't been able to comprehend my fairly simple logic

Simple logic or simple-mindedness?  Wink

Dude, I'm just gettin' your goat 'cause your a Pack fan. I'm not your enemy (unless I see you at a game  box  ). Maybe having Favre might help the Packers this year - personally, I think (and it won't happen) if the Pack traded him to a team that was that close to a Super Bowl and needed a QB (Dallas, or KC alongside LJ - or even SD alongside LT), they could a solid role player or two and/or a high draft pick (or several lower round picks) in the next couple of years. I don't even know if Ron Wolf is still up there, but Favre still has gas in the tank and that could be useful to other teams. Like said, it would (probably) never happen, but if I were a Pack fan, I'd love to see the Pack cash in on that.

-R

UAXDXer

Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:02 pm

Quoting Allstarflyer (Reply 31):
Dude, I'm just gettin' your goat 'cause your a Pack fan

I guess I have to remind you one more time that the Packers had the same NFC north record that the Bears did.

NASCARAirforce

Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:15 am

He'll still embarass the Lions who all play like they are a bunch of 70 year olds out there.