Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

jetfuel

RE: Have You Ever Experimented With Drugs?

Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:26 pm

I learnt to fly. That was a huge drug addiction for a while
Where's the passion gone out of the airline industry? The smell of jetfuel and the romance of taking a flight....

JAGflyer

Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:42 am

I smoked pot for a brief period in 2005. I haven't touched it since and it was the only "drug" I ever tried. I don't really ENJOY it and I only did it because of peer pressure.

[Edited 2007-03-03 16:42:43]
If you flew today, thank a Flight Dispatcher!

ajd1992

Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:25 am

Never. I don't drink as i'm on antibiotics. Drugs don't appeal at all.

HPLASOps

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:05 am

Despite the fact that my dad and brother smokes cigarettes, and about half of my friends smoke weed, I've never had the slightest urge to try either. Neither appeal to me, but I don't condemn those who do use them. I didn't even have my first beer until 3 months shy of my 21st birthday. I had been pretty adament about not wanting to drink, but I actually got outsmarted by my friends into drinking. By that, I mean there was a few days in a row were we all stayed up late into the night, and they picked my brain pretty good, and every reason I could give them on why I didn't drink, they were able to counter with two reasons why I'm foolish not too. There are smart guys who take care of their work when it's time to work and party hard when it's time to party. They showed me that is possible to drink, have a good time when the time is right, and still take care of business when you need to.
"Just because I know how to get off a freeway doesn't mean I know how to get back on!" - Retard Joe

TuRbUleNc3

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:53 am

I smoke cigarettes and rarely drink, however i have had hash on the occasional time but it had no effect..ive no intention to ever going as far as heroin or cocaine etc.

L.1011

Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:54 am

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 10):
I tried pot twice. The first time it made me sick to my stomach and I puked for at least 5 minutes, and the second time it gave me tachycardia, and a real bad case of it. I had to lie down for like an hour before I was back to normal.

Not to make fun, but anyone else find it funny he tried it a second time?

captaink

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:17 pm

After using weed, how long does it remain in your blood stream? That is say, how long do you need to wait for it not to show up in a drug test?
Look Up

CaptLockheed

Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:20 pm

Quoting Captaink (Reply 56):
After using weed, how long does it remain in your blood stream? That is say, how long do you need to wait for it not to show up in a drug test?

if you drug test through your hair however long it takes for your hair to grow out..

quite a long time in you blood too i beleive

cjh2007

Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:52 am

Ok, thats it I'm gonna call the FBI, so they can hunt down all your junkie asses...!  Angry
Is it the kerosene, or is it just me...

AA787823

Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:55 am

When I was a teen, I tried pot once. I cant stand the smell of it. Makes me want to vomit.
F.U.R.P.....Families Under Reduced Pay

TuRbUleNc3

Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:08 am

Quoting Cjh2007 (Reply 58):
Ok, thats it I'm gonna call the FBI, so they can hunt down all your junkie asses...!

Sounds fun, enjoy yourself Big grin

Sabena332

Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:10 am

Quoting Captaink (Reply 56):

It depends if they check your blood, your piss, or your hair. THC is out of your blood after approx. 24 hours but there are still degradation products and a special test can show them easily. If they check your piss or your hair they can see THC traces up to three months. You can get the stuff a little bit faster out of your body when you drink a lot and when you are making sports.

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

cedars747

Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:31 am

Signed:
A Bekaa valley fun  Wink
Tengo una pasion por la aviacion /لدي شغف للطيران / I have a passion for aviation /Jeg har en lidenskap for luftfart/ J'ai une passion pour l'aviation.

Sabena332

Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:57 am

Actually I wanted to post my list now, but I guess that it would become too big for the A.net bandwidth.  Wink

I tried almost everything I could get, no matter if it was white or brown, no matter if it was to smoke or to sniff, no matter if it brings you up or down, no matter if it was chemical or natural...

I took very evil stuff like H (never via a shot but via the nose), Cocaine, Mescaline, LSD, etc. But I came to the conclusion that all these drugs suck compared to Marijuana!

Smoking rulez! Big grin

P.
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

CHRISBA777ER

Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:04 pm

Quoting Sabena332 (Reply 63):
Mescaline

Wink
What do you mean you dont have any bourbon? Do you know how far it is to Houston? What kind of airline is this???

Rotate

Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:39 pm

Did everything except crack and heroin during my wild party times. It was from 1992 - 1998 when we really flipped out every weekend, driving to Belgium and Holland for partying ...
But at some stage it got kind of boring and I really couldnt look into the mirror anymore as I thought "I am a bad guy".
So I stopped doing it frequently .... , now being married, having a small girl at home and so on ..... I do harder stuff only once half a year or so.
Smoking pot does still happen more from time to time .... , but as I am getting older it seems to become more and more uninteresting.

Robin
ABC

bill142

Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:59 pm

No. Had a few drags of a joint at parties, but that's where it ends. There is a history of heart problems in my family and I don't want to do anything which could cause me problems. I've also been on the belief that if you need to take drugs to have a good time (like party drugs etc excluding alcohol) then there's something wrong with you.

aaflt1871

Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:41 pm

Negative for me

I have worked security details in the past for bands where I have seen just about every drug known to man be smoked, snorted, injected or dropped into their systems. But never once have I tried any of it. The most I ever got was a contact high at a few concerts, and a house party in Dallas Tx. Personally I think marijuana smells like shit.

Had a friend apply for the Maryland State Police about 5 years ago and was dismissed when they found out he had tried acid 2 times in High School.
Where did everybody go?

Braybuddy

Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:58 pm

Quoting FutureSDPDcop (Thread starter):
Have You Ever Experimented With Drugs?

No fun "experimenting'". You have to try them properly.

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 37):
i.e., anyone who's ever had an alcoholic drink or popped a Tylenol has "experimented with drugs".

Yup . . . but a lot of people don't want to know that.

metroliner

Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:11 pm

drugs... hmm, what a topic. i'd vouch to say that it's almost as big as the a vs. b debate.

a safe (ish) principle, i guess, is 'if it's just come out of the ground, it's good'. chemical-based drugs (pills, ether, syringes) scare the living shit out of me.

but i'm always willing to give plants a chance...

toni
Set the controls for the heart of the Sun

TSS

Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:33 am

Yes.

Cocaine: Tried it once. Loved the high, but hated the comedown afterwards. Prayed "God, if you get me over this particular stupidity I will never touch this stuff again". He did, and I haven't.

Crystal Meth: See "Cocaine".

LSD: Fun, but it lasted waaaaaaaaay too long. I don't want to devote an entire weekend to any one activity, especially one that precludes all others. Plus the comedown was so gradual that everything just looked...well, different for weeks afterward. Not a comforting thought, that.

Marijuana: Tried it twice. Apparently I'm allergic to it, because one good 15 minute buzz results in projectile vomiting and dry heaves for hours afterwards. When I told my Mom about this, she said my Dad (who is violently opposed to marijuana now) had exactly the same reaction to smoking pot. I'm waiting for just the right moment to let him know I know this.   

Poppers: Yes, back in the day I had threaded nostrils. Then one day I had the epiphany that anything that smells that unpleasant and gives me a splitting headache the next morning probably isn't good for me. That was...

*counts on fingers* That was almost 17 years ago?!?

*pause*

*feel old*

[Edited 2007-03-09 17:38:16]
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

Falcon84

Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:59 am

Never have, never will.

A few months after I graduated from college, I went back to visit some friends. One of my friends and I went to a party at an off-campus house, and we did end up getting a tad high because in the basement someone was doing marajuana bongs-problably more than one! I saw one dude that I know leave the party, virtually shaking he was so stoned-he must have been downstairs.  rotfl 

My friend and I walked back to her dorm to clear our heads, then we ordered pizza. That smell was much more pleasant.  Big grin
Work Right, Fly Hard

YYZflyer

Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:33 am

I have never done any drugs and I never will. I think weed smell pretty good. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna do it. I'm pretty sure that I'm allergic to it anyways because when I walked by 2 people doing it, I started coughing and my throat hurt for the next 3 days.
Avoid hangovers, stay drunk.