Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

AsstChiefMark
Topic Author

Left Brain Or Right Brain Test

Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:09 pm

Here's a test to determine if you're left brained or right brained. Post your results.

http://brain.web-us.com/brain/braindominance.htm

"You responded as a right brained person to 3 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 15 questions."

No big surprise.
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

TSS

RE: Left Brain Or Right Brain Test

Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:19 pm

"You responded as a right brained person to 0 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 18questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your left brain the most."

Yeah, life around me is a laugh a minute.  expressionless 
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

baylorairbear

Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:40 pm

"You responded as a right-brained person to 9 questions, and you responded as a left-brained person to 9 questions."

This only serves to reaffirm my belief that I am the most perfect human being alive today.

BAB yes 
I'm just skipping stones...

AirTranTUS

Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:27 pm

"You responded as a right brained person to 8 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 10questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your left brain the most."

Sounds OK to me, whatever it will do for me in the future.
I love ASO!

kaddyuk

Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:33 pm

Quote:
You responded as a right brained person to 0 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 18questions

Damn Lefties!
Whoever said "laughter is the best medicine" never had Gonorrhea

rammstein

Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:34 pm

"You responded as a right brained person to 0 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 0 questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you don't have a brain."

Signed,
Coz

Silly
He who wishes to be rich in a day will be hanged in a day. --Leonardo Da Vinci

Banco

Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:38 pm

Quoting BaylorAirBear (Reply 2):
"You responded as a right-brained person to 9 questions, and you responded as a left-brained person to 9 questions."

This only serves to reaffirm my belief that I am the most perfect human being alive today.

With the obvious exception of myself, of course.  snooty  I was 9/9 as well.
She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.

cornish

Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:46 pm

Quoting Banco (Reply 6):

With the obvious exception of myself, of course. I was 9/9 as well.

I hate to rain on your parade lads but don't get too excited - I got 9/9 too  Wink
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

Banco

Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:50 pm

Quoting Cornish (Reply 7):
I hate to rain on your parade lads but don't get too excited - I got 9/9 too

The difference being that you, being a suspect in a large corruption enquiry, and thus currently testing your appetite for porridge, cheated.  snooty 

cornish

Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:59 pm

Quoting Banco (Reply 8):
The difference being that you, being a suspect in a large corruption enquiry,

I am not  grumpy 

There's a brown paper bag with newspaper clippings inside that says it was nothing to do with me  snooty 
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

B737-112

Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:02 pm

TSS, I am also 0 right brain. Isn't that odd that every single answer from us are consistant with left brainers? I would have expected at most someone might get 15-3 like the OP.

Banco

Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:19 pm

Quoting Cornish (Reply 9):
I am not

Private Eye begs to differ.

So, to everyone on here, if you suddenly come across a newspaper article headlined "Cornish sentenced to 15 years", don't say I didn't warn you. Big grin

Braybuddy

Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:28 pm

You responded as a right brained person to 12 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 6 questions.

Would seem to explain clearly why I am left-handed!

oly720man

Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:36 pm

You responded as a right brained person to 9 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 9questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your left brain the most.

And I'm left handed.
wheat and dairy can screw up your brain

Halcyon

Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:38 pm

You responded as a right brained person to 13 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 5 questions.

This is partly why I cannot teach things worth a flying crapload, and why I let my emotions act first...

Lucas

cornish

Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:39 pm

Quoting Banco (Reply 11):
Private Eye begs to differ.

Where the hell's JGP when you need a fatwah ?  grumpy 

Quoting Banco (Reply 11):
So, to everyone on here, if you suddenly come across a newspaper article headlined "Cornish sentenced to 15 years", don't say I didn't warn you.

At this rate i'm more likely to be sent down for killing a Sussex landowner to death  Angry

Banco

Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:47 pm

Quoting Cornish (Reply 15):
Where the hell's JGP when you need a fatwah ?

He's busy preparing your defence.

You're doomed. Big grin

Quoting Cornish (Reply 15):
At this rate i'm more likely to be sent down for killing a Sussex landowner to death

And what makes you think you'll get bail? Have you tried the Ernest Saunders defence? You should get away with that one.

cornish

Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:59 pm

Quoting Banco (Reply 16):
He's busy preparing your defence.

You're doomed.

I'm hoping he could create a diversion by eating a salad. In the midst of the commotion I could make off to South America Big grin

Quoting Banco (Reply 16):
And what makes you think you'll get bail? Have you tried the Ernest Saunders defence? You should get away with that one.

Actually I would think that the possibility that I would be likely to kill someone in particular would be a good reason for them to let me have bail  grumpy 

KaiGywer

Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:52 pm

You responded as a right brained person to 7 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 11questions

Quoting Rammstein (Reply 5):
"You responded as a right brained person to 0 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 0 questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you don't have a brain."

rotfl 
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

halls120

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:18 pm

"You responded as a right brained person to 8 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 10 questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your left brain the most."

Looking at the explanations, I'd have to agree.
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

ANITIX87

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:19 pm

Quoting Kaddyuk (Reply 4):
Damn Lefties!

Quoting Oly720man (Reply 13):
And I'm left handed.

Wrong. Left-handed people's brains are dominant on the right side more than the left side. I am left-handed too, and do NOTHING with my right hand (most lefties do something with their right). I answered every question with the right-half of my brain.

TIS
www.stellaryear.com: Canon EOS 50D, Canon EOS 5DMkII, Sigma 50mm 1.4, Canon 24-70 2.8L II, Canon 100mm 2.8L, Canon 100-4

yooyoo

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:45 pm

You responded as a right brained person to 9 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 9questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your left brain the most. The summary briefly describes your dominance type. Remember, this only represents half of the picture. After you read the description, click on the link at the bottom of the page to find out how to use this information to improve your study strategies. Do not forget to print your results, if your instructor has requested you to do so.

Some of the traits associated with the left side of the brain are listed in the table. Not all of the traits will apply to you. Remember, we use both side of our brain, but your left sides gets the most exercise.
Type of Cognitive Processing
Brief Description

Linear Processing information from part to whole; in a straight forward logical progression.
Sequential Processing information in order from first to last.
Symbolic Processes symbols an pictures; likes to use letters, words and mathematical symbols.
Logical Processes information piece by piece using logic to solve a problem.
Verbal Processes thoughts and ideas with words.
Reality-Based Processes information based on reality; focuses on rules and regulations

Looks like i go both way.  Wink
I am so smart, i am so smart... S-M-R-T... i mean S-M-A-R-T

TSS

Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:42 pm

Quoting B737-112 (Reply 10):
TSS, I am also 0 right brain. Isn't that odd that every single answer from us are consistant with left brainers? I would have expected at most someone might get 15-3 like the OP.

I would have expected the same. I knew I was of a somewhat logical nature, but I didn't realize it was so pervasive.

So B737-112, do you often find yourself feeling like a Vulcan in a world full of Klingons?  Wink
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

Superfly

Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:44 pm

Couldn't help but laugh at this question.

16. Do you do your best thinking sitting erect or lying down?
a) sitting erect
b) lying down

Tough question because I do my best lying down erect. Big grin

Superfly;
You responded as a right brained person to 6 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 12questions.
Bring back the Concorde

Cadet985

Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:14 pm

Quoting Oly720man (Reply 13):
You responded as a right brained person to 9 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 9questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your left brain the most.

And I'm left handed

Actually, the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body and vice versa. I knew that paying attention in my psychology class would come in handy.

Marc

carmenlu15

Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:39 pm

"You responded as a right brained person to 8 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 10questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your left brain the most."
Don't expect to see me around that much (if at all) -- the contact link should still work, though.

ThePalauan

Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:40 pm

Hmm...

"You responded as a right brained person to 11 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 7 questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your right brain the most."

And I'm a right-handed guy. I know right-handed people use their left brain most so does anyone have any idea what my results mean?  confused 
You can take the boy out of the island, but not the island out of the boy!

EWRCabincrew

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:03 am

Still not sure what it all means.
You can't cure stupid

Toulouse

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:09 am

You responded as a right brained person to 1 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 17questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your left brain the most.

Now I'll have to process that data to figure out what it means... so do I use the left or right side of my brain to do that??
Long live Aer Lingus!

RichPhitzwell

Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:27 am

You responded as a right brained person to 7 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 11questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your left brain the most
Nonav.com kinda like Whiners except the lights are on and the pimps been paid

LTU932

Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:15 am

You responded as a right brained person to 6 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 12questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your left brain the most.
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

Go3Team

Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:17 am

You responded as a right brained person to 3 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 15 questions.

I thought it would be the other way around.
Yay Pudding!

N215AZ

Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:02 am

Quote:
Random: Processing information with out priority, jumps form one task to another.

People say I have A.D.D., but they don't understand, hey a pop-up window. SWEET!!!

Um... where was I?
"Atra esterní ono thelduin, Mor'ranr lífa unin hjarta onr, Un du evarínya ono varda."

Boeing7E7

Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:03 am

You responded as a right brained person to 12 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 6 questions.

And I'm right handed. I must be really F'd up....  Smile

Actually this explains much. My forte is typically turning aviation shit into gold, usually integration issues. Here's what we want, now tell us how to get there given known parameters.

OceansWorld

Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:15 am

You responded as a right brained person to 15 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 3questions.

Quoting N215AZ (Reply 32):
People say I have A.D.D.

Like David Neeleman.

Quoting ANITIX87 (Reply 20):
Left-handed people's brains are dominant on the right side more than the left side.

Exactly.

Quoting ANITIX87 (Reply 20):
I am left-handed too, and do NOTHING with my right hand (most lefties do something with their right).

I'm a left hand writer as well as other things, but most of the time I use the right one for writing on a blackboard. I use my right hand for many things too, like for my PC mice.

searpqx

Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:59 am

You responded as a right brained person to 10 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 8questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your right brain the most.

Fairly even, but I sort of expected it to be reversed.
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity"

ZakHH

Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:30 am

You responded as a right brained person to 3 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 15questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your left brain the most.

You responded as a right-brained person to 9 questions, and you responded as a left-brained person to 9 questions."

Nope, sorry buddy. This means that you don't know how to use either side properly...  Silly
Tired of a.net? Join a friendly aviation community!

767Lover

Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:52 am

You responded as a right brained person to 11 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 7questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your right brain the most.

Pretty neat!

texan

Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:04 am

You responded as a right brained person to 7 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 11questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your left brain the most.

Type of Cognitive Processing

Brief Description
Linear Processing information from part to whole; in a straight forward logical progression.
Sequential Processing information in order from first to last.
Symbolic Processes symbols an pictures; likes to use letters, words and mathematical symbols.
Logical Processes information piece by piece using logic to solve a problem.
Verbal Processes thoughts and ideas with words.
Reality-Based Processes information based on reality; focuses on rules and regulations

Gee, it sounds like the law. Guess that explains a lot.

Texan
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."

MaidensGator

Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:16 am

I did it this morning and again this evening... both times same result:

You responded as a right brained person to 9 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 9 questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your left brain the most.

If I got 9 and 9, why does it say left brain the most?
The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

GAIsweetGAI

Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:32 am

right: 7
left: 11

And I'm left-handed, left-footed and left-anything you can come up with (nearly), if it means anything.
"There is an art, or rather a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

AsstChiefMark
Topic Author

Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:37 am

Quoting MaidensGator (Reply 39):
If I got 9 and 9, why does it say left brain the most?

Logic and objectivity naturally dominate over aesthetics and subjectivity.
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

JCKastrup

Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:53 am

You responded as a right brained person to 4 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 14questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your left brain the most.

I guess that fits with me being right-handed.........?
Who the hell wants to fly to JFK? Nobody does, That's who!

Asturias

Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:32 am

"You responded as a right brained person to 0 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 18 questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your left brain the most."

Well.. err.. ok?

I am completely left brained. Cute.

[edit:] When I used Safari I got 0 right brain and 18 left brain, but when I answered exactly the same in Firefox I got:

"You responded as a right brained person to 11 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 7 questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your right brain the most."

Seems there is some bug in Safari in this test. I'm more of a right brain person.

saludos

Asturias

[Edited 2007-03-28 03:37:07]
Tonight we fly

scaredflyer21

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:39 pm

"You responded as a right brained person to 0 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 18questions."

Rj111

Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:19 pm

Left - 10
Right - 8

SansVGs

Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:16 am

I got 18 questtions left brained and 0 right brained and I am left handed. Uh-OH!
Winglets on a Falcon are "over-painting" a great work of art.

disruptivehair

Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:19 am

I got 9 for right, 9 for left...but it said my left side is dominant. Eh?  confused 

redngold

Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:43 am

"You responded as a right brained person to 9 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 9questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your left brain the most."

Explaining, once again, why I can be a very confused and frustrated woman...

Left apparently is the default if you tie.
Up, up and away!

Tom in NO

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:58 am

Add another to the fence-riding crowd.....9 and 9.

Tom at MSY
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina