Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

emrecan
Topic Author

RE: F1: 2007 Malaysia GP

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:44 am

Bill142:

'Kimi was given more opportunities to win at McLaren. Massa has only been with Ferrari in a racing role for one season, he hasn't had the same amount of opportunities to win. Especially having MS as a teammate '

This is what I exactly I say. Kimi knows how to fight for the leadership much more than Massa.

Also I wanto add , the pics from the Australian GP are great, thnxxxx Bill142

sudden

Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:22 am

We are looking at two totally different drivers here.

Massa,
Hot tempered and without patient. Very fast when given the chance to be so.
This made him look like the rookie who has to make a name for himself, when in fact that should be Hamiltons task. (not that he need it though)

Kimi,
Typical Finnish mentality with no real hurry, but always fast. Better to be consistent and and score points, then try to hard and go home with nothing.

2-0 to Kimi now, and I dare to write that this increase.

Honda,
Get out of F1!
Just as Bill wrote, they have promised so much now for so long, but it only goes the other way. End of 2005 they showed some potential, but was not to last for long.
They are even further down the grid this year as Super Aguri have made HUGE improvements, and THAT is very nice to see.

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

LTU932

Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:51 am

Quoting Emrecan (Reply 90):
It was good to see Massa fighting with Hamilton but he needs more experience I guess.

I don't think experience has anything to do with Massa's problems in Sepang. First, he botches the start and allows Alonso to gain an excellent lead before the first pit stops, and then he isn't careful enough when trying to overtake Hamilton, who even as a rookie kept his cool throughout this maneuver. IMO after he lost number 1 during the start, he became much too agressive, and he paid the price for it and drove the rest of the race fully resigned to his fate. A disappointing race indeed for Ferrari, but an excellent one for McLaren. As someone else said here, Massa needs to control his temper.

Congrats to Alonso and Hamilton for a perfect race!
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

bill142

Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:09 am

Quoting Sudden (Reply 101):

Honda,
Get out of F1!
Just as Bill wrote, they have promised so much now for so long, but it only goes the other way. End of 2005 they showed some potential, but was not to last for long.

Worst thing they did was sack Dave Richards. Watch Prodive clean them up next year.

ba757

Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:20 pm

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 103):
Worst thing they did was sack Dave Richards.

Quite so - I never really could understand the logic behind sacking him.

Adam

bill142

Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:37 pm

Just in case anyone is interested. I'm sure BA757 would be, but is probably like me and has no hope in hell of getting it
http://jobsearch.monster.co.uk/getjo...ren%20Racing%20Ltd&q=Formula%20one
 biggrin 

sudden

Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:19 pm

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 105):
Just in case anyone is interested.

I only sign up if I can go along to all the races.
(Yeah right, like I would get it anyway Big grin )

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

kaddyuk

Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:16 pm

Quoting Emrecan (Reply 98):
How times you saw Kimi fighting for the 1st place and how many times Felipe?

For fellipes first 3 years in F1 he was racing for Sauber and to be honest, performed on a level plain compared to Kimi's first season at sauber... Kimi was driving for McLaren after that and you cant compare drivers when they drive cars which are so far apart based on persistant and raw speed.

Fellipe finished 2 places higher in the championship last season than kimi in his first drive for Ferarri when you could argue they were driving comparable cars.
Whoever said "laughter is the best medicine" never had Gonorrhea

cornish

Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:31 pm

Well a late return to this thread by me after a deliberate avoidance of the computer during the holiday weekend's glorious weather.

Very interesting race I must say. Ferrari should be absolutely kicking themselves after comprehensively losing a race that was theirs to win. Well done to McLaren for the win, but i do wonder if they would have managed it had Ross Brawn and Schuey still been around for the red team.....

Ferrari should certainly be kicking Massa. when people talk about his experience, they have to remember he's had four or five seasons in F1 and spent last year in a frontrunning car. Yet his performance against Hamilton would make you wonder if Massa was only two races into his F1 career and that Hamilton was the experienced one. Massa has enough experience to avoid what he did, and Hamilton hung him out to dry. you won't have seen Alonso or Raikkonen make that sort of error, so if Massa really is the real deal he needs to cut it out quickly.

I thought this could really be the year that Massa makes his mark, but after the weekend I'm really not so sure....

But Hamilotn's composure astounds me. He really drove a quite remarkable race for one so inexperienced. and his whole relaxed nature afterwards shows that the boy really is destined for great things. He made Massa look silly and coped with Raikkonen behind him for most of the race - and not a mistake made. His start was fantastic - showing what a real racer he is.

And that's bad news for Jenson Button as he starts to disappear of the radar as Brits have a new hero to cheer. Honda are in a real mess, and apparently are trying to build an all new car as this one is beyond saving by all accounts.

Williams looked good again. Interesting to see whether they can maintain the progress. Rosberg was in the points and Wurz overtook a lot of cars.

I await the next GP with interest.....
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

kaddyuk

Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:43 pm

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 103):
Worst thing they did was sack Dave Richards. Watch Prodive clean them up next year.

Unless Honda can sign Ross Brawn...

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=38931

Quote:
reports following the Malaysian Grand Prix revealed that Honda is making a bid to lure Brawn to the Brackley-based squad as it looks to turn around its long-term fortunes following an uncompetitive start to the 2007 season.
Whoever said "laughter is the best medicine" never had Gonorrhea

sudden

Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:36 am

Quoting Cornish (Reply 108):
Ferrari should certainly be kicking Massa. when people talk about his experience, they have to remember he's had four or five seasons in F1 and spent last year in a frontrunning car

I do not know Massa one bit, to be frankly honest, but I would think that he feels intimidated by Kimi.
Kimi, in my mind has the potenital to have no 1 on his car.
Massa wants to have the potential now when Schumi is gone, but I think he has his hands full of defending off his team mate.

And that's bad news for Jenson Button as he starts to disappear of the radar as Brits have a new hero to cheer

Button made the choice to stay with Honda, or he didn't get a drive with another team. In either case he did not get more then he deserved!? An overrated driver in my mind.

Now we are off to Bahrain so this is what I think will happen:

1. Kimi R.
2. Fernando A.
3. Robert K.
4. Lewis H.
5. Nick H.

Not sure where to place Massa as I think he will make a mistake again. Even more pressure on him now as Kimi and the rest are opening up a gap by 10-11 points.

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

ba757

Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:49 am

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 105):

In a couple of years I may just have enough experience.

Having said that, the pay isn't fantastic. I shouldn't imagine £40k will get you too far in Surrey. It isn't like Mclaren don't have the budget, is it?

Other than that, it's a nice job and within an F1 team - a great team at that - you couldn't ask for more (other than money, perhaps..).  Wink

Adam

bill142

Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:07 am

Quoting BA757 (Reply 111):
Other than that, it's a nice job and within an F1 team - a great team at that - you couldn't ask for more (other than money, perhaps..).

Think of the building you would be working in  biggrin 

Very interesting race I must say. Ferrari should be absolutely kicking themselves after comprehensively losing a race that was theirs to win. Well done to McLaren for the win, but i do wonder if they would have managed it had Ross Brawn and Schuey still been around for the red team.....

Schuey wouldn't have let it happen, and Brawn would have probably gotten the second step of the podium back. But it's all academic now. Fearrari have to adapt to life without Schumacher and Brawn, and find ways of regaining lost track position through creative strategy. One would think, that Brawn instilled the ability to do that on other team members.

Quoting Kaddyuk (Reply 109):
Unless Honda can sign Ross Brawn...

It would be good for Honda, but I don't think Brawn is the be all and end all to fixing their problems. A big name designer didn't work for Toyota, who says it will work for Honda. The management of the team has a big role to play and that has clearly changed since DR left.

emrecan
Topic Author

Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:33 pm

Kaddyuk (Reply 107)

You are saying the same thing I said much before...