KaiGywer
Topic Author

Worst 50 Songs Ever

Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:13 pm

Blender has came up with a list with the worst 50 songs ever  Smile

Honorable mentions:

BILLY JOEL
“We Didn’t Start the Fire” 1989 (I like this song) Big grin
Can you fit a cultural history of the twentieth century into four minutes? Uh, no

Despite its bombastic production, “We Didn’t Start the Fire” resembles a term paper scribbled the night before it’s due. As the song progresses, Joel audibly realizes he can’t cram it all in: The ’70s get four bellowed words amid the widdly-woo guitars and meet-thy-maker drums. The chorus denies responsibility for any events mentioned, clearing up the common misconception that Billy Joel developed the H-bomb.

Worst Moment “China’s under martial law, rock & roller cola wars!”: No way does conflating Tiananmen Square with Michael Jackson selling Pepsi trivialize a massacre.
REDNEX
“Cotton Eye Joe” 1995
Just what the world needed: a Swedish techno-bluegrass crossover

Novelty European techno is not a genre noted for its multitude of artistic high points, but “Cotton Eye Joe” may well be its nadir. A Country & Western record made by people who evidently hate C&W music with every fiber of their being, it layers a thumping beat with every hillbilly cliché known to man — twanging Jew’s harp, people shouting “yee-haw!”, bluegrass banjo, horses neighing — and then tops it off with a vocalist singing in what may be the most risible American accent ever committed to tape.

Worst Moment Rednex have spent more weeks at number 1 in Germany than any other artist of the last 25 years.
AQUA
“Barbie Girl” 1997
Scandi-wegian pedo-pop alert! Erk!

Brilliant idea: Take a child’s toy, turn it into a twisted sexual fantasy (“Kiss me here, touch me there”), set it to teeth-rotting synth-pop like a robot pony kicking children to death and hawk it like Happy Meals to the under-13s. Perhaps the gambit sounded acceptable in helium-huffing singer Lene Nystrøm’s native Norwegian, but in English it’s just plain wrong. Barbie manufacturer Mattel sued, but that didn’t stop “Barbie Girl” from casting a blight on 1997. One question sprang to mind if you were unlucky enough to catch the video: Weren’t they a little old to be doing this?

Worst Moment “Rapper” René Dif’s basso profundo “Come on, Barbie, let’s go party.”
BILLY RAY CYRUS
“Achy Breaky Heart” 1992
At least the haircut never caught on. Oh, wait…

Country, but not as we know it. Written by Vietnam vet Don “Pickle Puss” Von Tress in the style of a brain-dead “Blue Suede Shoes,” “Achy Breaky Heart” represented every prejudice non-believers have about country: It was trite, it was inane, it was big in trailer parks and it was thoroughly enjoyed by the obese. Strangely, it was covered by Bruce Springsteen, with slightly less irony than you might imagine; still, this does not make it good.

Worst Moment An instrumental break that single-handedly rejuvenated the line-dancing fad.

Any other songs you think should have been on the list?
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

miamiair

RE: Worst 50 Songs Ever

Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:19 pm

Quoting KaiGywer (Thread starter):

"Ring My Bell" by Anita Ward
Molon Labe - Proud member of SMASH

EasternSon

Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:24 pm

Blender has came up with a list with the worst 50 songs ever

Honorable mentions:

Anything Gwen Stefani released in the last three years.
"The only people for me are the mad ones...." Jack Kerouac

halls120

Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:24 pm

Any other songs you think should have been on the list?

Any list of worst songs ever that doesn't include "Feelings" as number one on the list is immediately suspect. There is NO song in popular music over the past 50 years that comes close to that one for being the worst ever.
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

UALPHLCS

Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:28 pm

ICE ICE BABY is ONLY 5!!!! WTF!

Oh Starship is number one... OK I see that.

I take exception is some of these songs, which I kinda like.

Like how did the Doors make the list?

I rather like the Deep Blue Somehting song Breakfast at Tiffany's. It's a perfect one hit wonder.

Mmmm mmm mmm mmm, is another one I think shoved in there to round out the list. Crash Test Dummies are the 3rd best band from Canada. (And I bet a lot of you didn't know Canada even had three bands.)

OK, REM's Shiny Happy People I can see, but lower on the list than RICO SUAVE?!?! What's up with that. Rico Suave's got to be in the top ten.

Simon and Garfunkel do not belong within 100 yards of this list. That's just ridiculous.
Worst Moment “Hear my words that I might teach you”: Officially the most self-important line in rock history
That's pretty funny though. And probably accurate.
A little less Hooah, and a little more Dooah.

vikkyvik

Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:46 pm

Hmmm, that's a pretty terrible list. "The Sounds of Silence"??? One of the worst 50 songs?? Please.

"The End" by the Doors?? Maybe it's because I was watching Apocalypse Now the other day, but that's a damn good song.

Songs that I agree with:

"Your Body is a Wonderland" (John Mayer)  checkmark 
"Rollin" (Limp Bizkit)  checkmark 
"My Heart Will Go On" (Celine Dion)  checkmark 
"She Bangs" (Ricky Martin) - actually, I don't hate this song per se, but the problem is that whenever I think of it, I think of the William Hung version  checkmark 

Songs that should be on there:

"Freebird" (Lynyrd Skynyrd) - songs are supposed to go somewhere from beginning to end. This one goes absolutely nowhere.
"Higher" (Creed) - or any other Creed song, really.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

DeltaAVL

Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:51 pm

“We Didn’t Start the Fire” 1989 (I like this song)

Haha, so do I! It's brilliant!

“John Mayer
Your Body is a Wonderland (2001)
Get this man a cold shower
"

checkmark   Silly So true, what a bad song.

CaptOveur

Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:58 pm

Quoting UALPHLCS (Reply 4):
Like how did the Doors make the list?

Easily, they suck. There are few bands in the world that can make me almost run off the road to change the station, The Doors are one of them. I guess I didn't do enough drugs to get them.
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

MaverickM11

Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:05 pm

Quoting Vikkyvik (Reply 5):
"Your Body is a Wonderland" (John Mayer)

A lot of people have gotten a lot of undeserved (primarily female) ass with that song Silly
I don't take responsibility at all

CaptOveur

Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:06 pm

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 8):
A lot of people have gotten a lot of undeserved (primarily female) ass with that song

The artist himself included. That is probably why he wrote it.

That song does truly suck.. I can't decide it if makes me want to puke or go to sleep
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

vikkyvik

Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:24 pm

Quoting CaptOveur (Reply 9):
A lot of people have gotten a lot of undeserved (primarily female) ass with that song

That song does truly suck.. I can't decide it if makes me want to puke or go to sleep

VERY undeserved indeed.

It makes me want to go to sleep, puke, choke on my own puke, and hopefully die peacefully without ever having to hear that song again.

Yes, that's how much I hate it.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

NSMike

Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:34 pm

I band I played with did that song. Oh how I hated playing that song.

EasternSon

Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:50 am

He supposedly wrote it about Jennifer Love Hewitt.

I'm gonna give him a pass. I don't like his music, but so far the dude's banged Jennifer Love Hewitt, Heidi Klum, and now Jessica Simpson.

He has very good taste in breasts.
"The only people for me are the mad ones...." Jack Kerouac

IFEMaster

Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:57 am

Quoting EasternSon (Reply 12):

I'm gonna give him a pass. I don't like his music, but so far the dude's banged Jennifer Love Hewitt, Heidi Klum, and now Jessica Simpson.

He has very good taste in breasts.

checkmark  And let's face it, that's an excellent reward for writing some crap songs.

Although, his latest album...Continuum...is rather good.
Delivering Anecdotes of Dubious Relevance Since 1978

Queso

Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:54 pm

BILLY RAY CYRUS
“Achy Breaky Heart” 1992

I agree, but this one should be #1. "Elvira" by the oak ridge boys (not capitalized on purpose) should be tied for #1.

AA777

Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:56 pm

UNCLE KRACKER
“Follow Me” 2000
Sleaze-rap DJ goes solo, blows like Hootie

I HATEEEEEE THAT SONG......

these are some other bad ones too..........

JOHN MAYER
“Your Body is a Wonderland” 2001
Get this man a cold shower

(this song makes me want to throw up)

TOBY KEITH
“Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue (The Angry American)” 2002

(this song is embarassing to all people who are fans of country western music....and by extention to the entire US)

-AA777

halls120

Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:04 pm

Quoting Queso (Reply 14):
Quoting KaiGywer (Thread starter):2
BILLY RAY CYRUS
“Achy Breaky Heart” 1992
I agree, but this one should be #1. "Elvira" by the oak ridge boys (not capitalized on purpose) should be tied for #1.

Neither of those songs, as bad as they are, come close to being as truly awful as "Feelings."
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

PPVRA

Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:46 pm

What about current songs?

Walk It Out? Ugh. Awful crap!

Lean With It or something? can't stand it!

Some of these rappers have some of the worse songs ever. I'd rather listen to some of the songs above than those, among many others. . .
"If goods do not cross borders, soldiers will" - Frederic Bastiat

falstaff

Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:10 am

Quoting PPVRA (Reply 17):
Walk It Out? Ugh. Awful crap!

That song sucks. I would have to vote for "Jigga my Nigga" by Jay Z as the worst rap song I have heard in ages.

ICE ICE BABY is ONLY 5!!!! WTF!

It may suck now, but it was everywhere in 1990, or was it 91. Seemed like every kid in my high school dressed like Vanilla Ice or Slash.

I saw Vanilla Ice in Carbondale, IL in 2000. It was at the Copper Dragon Brewery. I was friends with the brewer and I went to a lot of shows for free. He didn't even fill the brew pub.

Quoting Queso (Reply 14):
BILLY RAY CYRUS
"Achy Breaky Heart" 1992

Achy Breaky Heart sucked, I hated it new. It was one of the songs that made me start listening to older, real, country music.

Many of the songs that people say sucked don't really suck. They were huge chart toppers and sold lots of copies. Our tastes change and what sucks to one person doesn't o another. I love 1950-s1970s country and most people don't like that kind of music.

I rather like the Deep Blue Somehting song Breakfast at Tiffany's. It's a perfect one hit wonder.

I like it too. It was played over and over on the video jukebox in the cafeteria in college, but I still like it.

RICO SUAVE?!?! What's up with that

I had a kid in class singing that the other day. He wasn't even born when that song came out. It was the first I had heard it in a long time.

How about Right said Fred and I'm too Sexy???

Quoting CaptOveur (Reply 7):
Easily, they suck. There are few bands in the world that can make me almost run off the road to change the station,

That would be the Doobie Brothers for me, especially China Grove.

Quoting AA777 (Reply 15):
Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue (The Angry American)" 2002

(this song is embarassing to all people who are fans of country western music....and by extention to the entire US)

-AA777

That song isn't that bad. I have some 1960s pro-Vietnam country that is really interesting.

The worthless Dixie Chicks gave Toby a hard time about this song. They went on about not needing songs with violence. The Dixie Chicks first big hit was about killing a husband and dumping his body in a lake. If that isn't violent I don't know what is.

Most country music today isn't country it is pop with a cowboy hat.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

aaflt1871

Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:43 am

Where did everybody go?

WestJetForLife

Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:11 am

Lou Bega's Mambo #5 belongs on that list, as does the Macarena. That song should be condemned to the depths of hell for all eternity.

Cheers,
Nik
I need a drink.

AsstChiefMark

Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:24 am

The original version of "Red, Red Wine" by Neil Diamond sucked. However, when sung reggae style by a Brummie, the suck factor exponentially increases by a factor of 1000. It should called, "Red, Red Whine."

Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

Bongodog1964

Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:09 pm

What about American Pie ? I have two objections to this one; firstly it seems as if it goes on for a lifetime, and secondly every drunken amateur country enthusiast thinks that not only can he can sing it, but that we want to listen to him.

aussie18

Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:05 pm

Puff Daddy's "Ill be missing you" is a great song.

comorin

Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:14 pm

The vilest song and singer of all time is missing - Leo Sayer and "You Make Me feel like Dancing". Honorable mentions also go to 'Muskrat Love" by The Captain and Tennille, followed by Peter Frampton doing "Show me the Way".  banghead  Oops! I forgot Air Supply...songs to iron your undies by...

I disagree on S&G - every word they wrote is sheer brilliance, even though they're from Queens  duck .

The list is interesting, however, in that it looks for bad songs by notable artists.

If they had only used Leo Sayer in Guantanamo - a missed opportunity...

vikkyvik

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 am

Quoting Falstaff (Reply 18):

I saw Vanilla Ice in Carbondale, IL in 2000. It was at the Copper Dragon Brewery. I was friends with the brewer and I went to a lot of shows for free. He didn't even fill the brew pub.

Haha, I actually saw Vanilla Ice perform at a freakin frathouse at USC in 2000 or 2001.

His mic cut out halfway through Ice Ice Baby, whereupon most of the crowd left.

I almost feel bad for him. But then I think about it, and I realize I don't.

dan2002

Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:31 am

"Freebird" (Lynyrd Skynyrd) - songs are supposed to go somewhere from beginning to end. This one goes absolutely nowhere.

What are you talking about, it goes into a really long guitar solo, that counts for something doesn't it?
A guy asks 'What's Punk?'. I kick over a trash can and its punk. He knocks over a trash can and its trendy.

SJCRRPAX

Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:31 am

This list sucks, those aren't the worst 50 songs. For example, here are two that are far worse than any on the list, and their are many,many more.

Candyman - Sammy Davis
Yummy, Yummy, Yummy - 1910 Fruit Gum Company

WestJetYQQ

Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:45 am

Quote:

CHICAGO
“You’re the Inspiration” 1984
And you thought the Cubs were the biggest losers in this town? Wrong!

It’s hard to believe, but at one point Chicago were a fairly well-respected rock band. Then Peter Cetera joined, and they jettisoned any remaining street cred in favor of soft-rock ballads your grandmother would deem harmless. In this, their most egregious offense, Cetera’s gratingly affected and overmodulated vocals float over 1984 standard-issue electric piano, and a nation of greasy, awkward seventh graders slow-danced for the very first time.

Worst Moment That power-rock drum fill before the second verse, apparently designed to mollify hatas who thought the band had lost its edge.

Wow!

I would have to disagree here, not just to defend my favourite band, but to comment on the inaccuracy of the paragraph supporting it.

Peter Cetera was one of the Original Members of Chicago! He was there from when they were 'The Big Thing', until they released album 17.

What in the Hell is 'Street Cred'? Could Someone please tell me? Confused

Chicago never Jettisoned whatever Street Cred is "in favor of something your grandmother would deem harmless". Nothing Chicago ever released would be deemed harmful by even the feeblest of elderly women!

---

Some of the songs on that list were very wrongly placed, and the list is simply a matter of personal opinion.

Cheers
Carson
Will You Try to Change Things? Use the Power that you have, the Power of a Million new Ideas.

UALPHLCS

Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:19 pm

Quoting Falstaff (Reply 18):
It may suck now, but it was everywhere in 1990, or was it 91.

There is no Accounting for taste.

Quoting WestJetForLife (Reply 20):
Lou Bega's Mambo #5 belongs on that list, as does the Macarena. That song should be condemned to the depths of hell for all eternity.

Oh I couldn't agree more.

How "Sound of Silence" made the list, even if it is pretentious, and NOT Mambo #5 is a mystery.

Was the Macarena actually music? I have a feeling that if aliens pick up the Macarena out in space they will come here to destroy us, a la Independence Day! And we'd deserve it too.

kmh1956

Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:34 pm

the Macarena. That song should be condemned to the depths of hell for all eternity.

Amen!!
'Somebody tell me why I'm on my own if there's a soulmate for everyone' :Natasha Bedingfield

Superfly

Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:35 pm

The 50 worst songs would have to be just about every top 40 hit over the last 15 years.

I agree with most of the picks but there are few really good songs that DO NOTbelong on the list, such as;

DAN FOGELBERG
“Longer” 1979

SIMON & GARFUNKEL
“The Sounds of Silence” 1965

THE BEATLES
“Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da” 1968

CÉLINE DION
“My Heart Will Go On” 1998

COREY HART
“Sunglasses At Night” 1984

MR. MISTER
“Broken Wings” 1985

redflag 
CHICAGO

The person who compliled this list is full of it and has his facts WRONG.
Read the where he says; " It’s hard to believe, but at one point Chicago were a fairly well-respected rock band. Then Peter Cetera joined,.....  Wow!
Peter Cetera is an ORIGINAL BAND MEMBER!!!!!
HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bring back the Concorde

KaiGywer
Topic Author

Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:59 am

Quoting Aussie18 (Reply 23):
Puff Daddy's "Ill be missing you" is a great song.

Agreed
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

WestJetYQQ

Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:05 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 31):
The 50 worst songs would have to be just about every top 40 hit over the last 15 years.

I agree with most of the picks but there are few really good songs that DO NOTbelong on the list, such as;

DAN FOGELBERG
“Longer” 1979

SIMON & GARFUNKEL
“The Sounds of Silence” 1965

THE BEATLES
“Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da” 1968

CÉLINE DION
“My Heart Will Go On” 1998

COREY HART
“Sunglasses At Night” 1984

MR. MISTER
“Broken Wings” 1985

CHICAGO

The person who compiled this list is full of it and has his facts WRONG.
Read the where he says; " It’s hard to believe, but at one point Chicago were a fairly well-respected rock band. Then Peter Cetera joined,..... Wow!
Peter Cetera is an ORIGINAL BAND MEMBER!!!!!
HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoting WestJetYQQ (Reply 28):

Some of the songs on that list were very wrongly placed, and the list is simply a matter of personal opinion.

They guy who made this list is full of S***. No questions asked. It's all just personal opinion!
Will You Try to Change Things? Use the Power that you have, the Power of a Million new Ideas.

Superfly

Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:28 am

Quoting WestJetYQQ (Reply 33):
They guy who made this list is full of S***. No questions asked. It's all just personal opinion!

Agreed!

Hey, I picked up Chicago XXX yesterday.  Smile
Bring back the Concorde

PSA53

Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:46 am

Quoting WestJetYQQ (Reply 33):
The person who compiled this list is full of it and has his facts WRONG.

If you think that was bad,did you see their "Awesome Dead" as well as the "Worst Artists"
lists.In the "worst" list has Asia,Kenny G,Kansas are in the top ten,and ELP is number two.

Who made these lists up?  Confused Mahmoud Ahmadinejad?
Tuesday's Off! Do not disturb.

LTU932

Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:22 am

BILLY JOEL
“We Didn’t Start the Fire” 1989 (I like this song)

That song isn't that bad. There are worse songs than that.

REDNEX
“Cotton Eye Joe”

That one belongs to the 9th circle of Hell, but the vid of the song was pretty funny.

AQUA
“Barbie Girl”

vomit 

checkmark 

Add to the list Las Ketchup with the Ketchup song (they didn't stop playing that damn song for months when it first came, though the German language spoof of the song, named "Der Steuersong" was quite funny), Vanilla Ice with Ice Ice Baby, and anything that is Reggaeton.
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

Superfly

Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:52 am

Quoting PSA53 (Reply 35):
In the "worst" list has Asia,Kenny G,Kansas are in the top ten,and ELP is number two.

redflag   Wow!
WHOA!! !! ! !! !!

One of those acts deserves to be on that list.  yes 
I'll give you a few hints; it's not Asia, Kansas or ELP.  Wink
Bring back the Concorde

UALPHLCS

Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:55 am

Quoting PSA53 (Reply 35):
In the "worst" list has Asia,Kenny G,Kansas are in the top ten,and ELP is number two.

KANSAS?!?!

No way.

Kansas is awesome.

PSA53

Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:53 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 37):
One of those acts deserves to be on that list.

Ha Ha!.....Let's see....Is it Kenny G? Do I get the $10,000?

Kenny G is good at times as a nice break away from the hard stuff.But does he deserve
#4 on "worst" list.That's a little brutal.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 37):
Superfly

BTW-Thanks for the SAGA thread.I've been a little busy to look into it,
but I never realized that the group produced that many works.I'll see what I can find.
Thanks
Tuesday's Off! Do not disturb.

Superfly

Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:03 am

Quoting PSA53 (Reply 39):
Ha Ha!.....Let's see....Is it Kenny G? Do I get the $10,000?

Yes, you win the prize!  Silly
I am too nice to insert the image of the special ed. kid  Smile

Well I guess Kenny G is better than Toby Keith and the rest of the 'new country' lot. That ain't saying much.

Saga does have a lot of material. I didn't even know about all of there stuff until a friend of mine turned me on to there entire discography. I thought they only had 5 albums.

I have an old documentary on a Canadian broadcast with an interview with Geddy Lee.
Geddy Lee talks of various bands such as Saga, Triumph, April Wine and of course RUSH.

KANSAS is another band that is one of my favorites. Song For America, Leftoverture and Point Of Know Return are my favorites. I finally got the chance to see Kansas in 1996 when theyopend for STYX. That was an awesome show.
Bring back the Concorde

adopim88

Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:46 am

This one is pretty bad. It aired on the Bob and Tom show (played on various radio station throughout the Unites States: "Yeah Toast" The song was not sung by the guy who posted it, he just made graphics for it. The French part makes no sense and the refrain is ANNOYING!

Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

sylvcath

Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:33 pm

Hmm, I'm not an avid radio listener; popular music just doesn't give me my jollies, but having heard a good portion of the list I'd say a good number deserve to be on there (Limp Bizkit above all). Some of the readers' suggestions listed to the right of the page seemed more appropriate. But, I just love how Blender uses the term "sexless" as a basis for giving a song a bad rating. The worst bands list was interesting. I'm surprised Manowar isn't higher (although they obviously haven't heard Lordi yet - if any band defines cheese-metal better than Manowar, it's them).

And yet again I find that reading this list has reminded me of just how much I love obscure music that most people have never heard of and would probably scoff at. All hails to Sol Invictus!

Lou Bega's Mambo #5 belongs on that list, as does the Macarena.

Indeed. Just mentioning the Macarena makes me start to cringe.
"sylvcath" = Sylvan Catharsis

DAL767400ER

Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:07 pm

Except for NKOTB, I notice quite a lack of Boy Bands in that list. Just think of B3 and their brilliant song "I-E-O" or something like that, urgh. Or how about girl groups - where are the Spice Girls with Wannabe? I wanna realrealreal wanna zigazig-hah? Just those lyrics alone warrant them a position on the list. Or in general, pretty much anything of the generic casting-show crap (except Kelly Clarkson). But as said, that list is purely personal opinion, and we all know the comment about opinions and a-holes  Wink .

Krushny

Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:24 pm

Some picks for worst ever songs :

You can win if you want, if you want you will win or something like that. Modern Talking was the worst thing coming out of Germany after Adolf Hitler.

Neverending story by Limahl. Worst movies theme song in history.

The Power of Love by Jennifer Rush. The Spanish version ( Si tu erres mi hombrrrrrrrre , y o tu muherrrrrrrrr ... ) is specially horrifying.

Don´t talk to me by Juan Pardo. English version of "No me hables", which innvoluntarily became the first pop song that sounded worse in English that in Spanish.

ORFflyer

Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:59 pm

Put down the crackpipe my young friend. Freebird was a southern rock anthem before you were born. You may not like it, but it is recognized as one of the top fifty rock songs every recorded by nearly every rock radio station in the country. Top ten in most.

CastleIsland

Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:34 am

Quoting ORFflyer (Reply 45):
it is recognized as one of the top fifty rock songs every recorded by nearly every rock radio station in the country. Top ten in most.

More proof that it sucks.  Wink
"People don't do what they believe in, they just do what's most convenient, then they repent." - Dylan

ORFflyer

Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:52 am

Quoting CastleIsland (Reply 46):
More proof that it sucks

Maybe to yous guys up there in Beantown, but it's a southern thang....  Wink

FlyingColours

Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:57 am

Quoting WestJetYQQ (Reply 28):

Got to agree with you there, thats all just personal opinion.

I love Chicago, despite the fact they were way before my time & I love someof Peter Cetera's stuff, "The glory of love" is one of my all time favorite tunes & it is great to sing to girls..... and gets good results.

As for Starship, well apparently everone seems to think its the worst song ever, I don't in fact I am watching the music video right now on my HDTV whilst I type this  Smile Although the lyrics are awful it has got to be said.

There are so many worse songs out there, nobody will ever be able to agree on the list but I can say the following will definitly be on there

* Ricky Martin
* Any actress turned singer (aside from Kylie)
* Bon Jovi (god he's an arsehole)
* Akon, Akon & Akon (If I ever came across him I would kick seven shades of %$#£ out of him, his music is that crap)
* Anyone who is churning out recycled classics.

Phil
FlyingColours
Lifes a train racing towards you, now you can either run away or grab a chair & a beer and watch it come - Phil

halls120

Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:29 am

The Blender list is simply inadequate, and too focused on recent music. It leaves out older more horridly awful music. Here's one I found that is a winner. In no particular order, because they all suck equally.

¥ ÒMacArthur ParkÓ by Richard Harris
¥ ÒSeasons in the SunÓ by Terry Jacks
¥ ÒHoneyÓ by Bobby Goldsboro
¥ ÒI Write the SongsÓ by Barry Manilow
¥ ÒYou're Having My BabyÓ by Paul Anka
¥ ÒI Am WomanÓ by Helen Reddy
¥ ÒYou Light up My LifeÓ by Debbie Boone
¥ ÒTie a Yellow Ribbon ('Round the Old Oak Tree) by Tony Orlando and Dawn
¥ ÒFeelingsÓ by Morris Albert
¥ ÒMuskrat LoveÓ by Captain & Tennille
¥ ÒCandy ManÓ by Sammy Davis, Jr.
¥ ÒMe and You and a Dog Named BooÓ by Lobo
¥ ÒWake Me Up Before You Go-GoÓ by Wham
¥ ÒGhostbustersÓ by Ray Parker Jr.
¥ ÒI've Never Been to MeÓ by Charlene
¥ ÒDisco DuckÓ by Rick Dees
¥ ÒButterfly KissesÓ by Bob Carlisle
¥ ÒBilly, Don't Be a HeroÓ by Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods
¥ ÒMickeyÓ by Tony Basil
¥ ÒRock Me, AmadeusÓ by Falco
¥ ÒWatching Scotty GrowÓ by Bobby Goldsboro
¥ ÒMr. RobotoÓ by Styx
¥ ÒIndiana Wants MeÓ by Dean Taylor
¥ ÒBarbie GirlÓ by Aqua
¥ ÒPlayground in My MindÓ by Clint Holmes
¥ ÒI'm Too SexyÓ by Right Fred Said
¥ ÒAll By MyselfÓ by Eric Carman
¥ ÒMorning TrainÓ by Sheena Easton
¥ ÒPhysicalÓ by Olivia Newton John
¥ ÒCurly ShuffleÓ by Jump in the Saddle
¥ ÒGet Out of My Dreams, Get into My CarÓ by Billy Ocean
¥ ÒSussudioÓ by Phil Collins
¥ ÒBaby, Don't Get Hooked on MeÓ by Mac Davis
¥ ÒDon't Cry Out Loud,Ó by Melissa Manchester
¥ ÒAlone Again, NaturallyÓ by Gilbert O'Sullivan
¥ ÒAfternoon DelightÓ by Starland Vocal Band
¥ ÒAchy Breaky HeartÓ by Billy Ray Cyrus
¥ ÒRespect YourselfÓ by Bruce Willis
¥ ÒI'd Do Anything for LoveÓ by Meat Loaf
¥ ÒSunshine, Lollipops and RainbowsÓ by Leslie Gore
¥ ÒLucy in the Sky With DiamondsÓ by William Shatner
¥ ÒParty All the TimeÓ by Eddie Murphy
¥ ÒNever Gonna Give You UpÓ by Rick Astley
¥ ÒIn the Year 2525Ó by Zager and Stevens
¥ ÒHeartlightÓ by Neil Diamond
¥ ÒSweet PeaÓ by Tommy Roe
¥ ÒLittle WillieÓ by Sweet
¥ ÒMmmbopÓ by Hanson
¥ ÒWannabeÓ by the Spice Girls
¥ ÒLove in an ElevatorÓ by Aerosmith