Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Kunoichi
Topic Author

Cat Owners- Identify Yourselves!

Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:44 am

Hey all!
Another user, Femme, made a comment in a recent thread of mine, saying it'd be funny to know exactly how many cat owners a.net has- I've seen quite a few around, but I don't think anyone's been able to tell exactly how many we are.

So, do come forth! Big grin

If you feel like it, write a bit about your feline companion(s), or even post a picture!  Smile

I myself have had quite a few cats through the years. As I sometime do volunteer work for shelters around here, the shelters have gotten accostumed to give me a call if they have a cat (or any other animal at that) that they don't have space or a foster family for. Normally, I help them rehome the cats, but sometimes, I end up keeping them.

At the moment, I have 3 cats (I just lost one to lymphoma) :

Tabby is 3 years old. I got him as a kitten, when the shelter called me to help them "raid" an older woman's back yard- turned out she had around 10 kittens and 6 older cats stuck in a small, fenced back yard. They were all infested with fleas amd other "fun" parasites. I took 3 kittens home with me, made sure they were parasite-free, and rehomed 2 of them- Tabby became a little momma's boy, and I couldn't bring myself to get rid of him- so now, 3 years later, he's still sticking around.  Smile

Then, there's Mini-Me. She's 3 years old and was turned in to me because her owner suddenly decided to move to another place where she couldn't keep cats... Mini-Me was pregnant when I got her, but the previous owner convinently enough forgot to mention this when she talked to me, and basically threw her at my doorstep and left before I could comment on the cat's waistsize...  Wink
2 weeks after I got her, she gave birth to 3 deformed kittens- the previous owner had fed her contraception pills during the pregnancy, hoping she'd lose the kittens. Unfortunately, it turned out the pills had messed her up badly too- she wasn't able to give birth to the remaining kittens (the vet found 4 more inside her- only one was not deformed). The three she did give birth to didn't make it through the night and the ones the vet removed were stillborn. Also, the hormones had caused growths on her uterus, so she was immediately spayed and tested for cancer. She was healthy, thankfully.

She was meant to be rehomed, but after this stressful and sad experience, I decided to keep her.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v33/jannichan/omgwtfbbq.jpg

And at last, we have Nala- she's a 7 year old deaf kitty-girl, whom I picked up the day before yesterday. Her original owner couldn't keep her because her neighbors complained about the very loud meow, and the foster family developed allergies, so she was scheduled to be put down. A friend of mine called me about her however, and seeing that I just lost one of my own (deaf) cats to Lymphoma, I decided to take her.
It turned out she's in fact the dead cat's older sister. Big grin

I do want to mention Emil as he's still in my home- just in an urn.  Smile He was put down at 2 years of age, and was one of the most beautiful and lovely cats I've ever had to deal with. He'd come running to me in the morning, yelling (his meow was LOUD), he loved water, and he had the clearest blue eyes that always displayed his emotions so clearly.  Smile
He was replaced due to allergies, and I got him when he was 7 months old. I went on a 10 hr train ride to get him, and boy was he worth it! Big grin He didn't care about the dogs, and did very well with the other cats- and he was so friendly!
Everyone misses him.

But that's enough from me... you can wake up now... Big grin

Do speak up, cat owners!  Smile
"Do you speak fluent Canadian?"

Dougloid

RE: Cat Owners- Identify Yourselves!

Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:46 am

Big version: Width: 640 Height: 480 File size: 77kb
Maggie
Big version: Width: 640 Height: 480 File size: 59kb
Zelda the devil cat
Big version: Width: 640 Height: 480 File size: 83kb
Zelda the lab cat
If you believe in coincidence, you haven't looked close enough-Joe Leaphorn

iamcanadian

Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:19 am

Guilty as charged!

Two cats, actually. Don't have any pictures handy, but one of them looks like Kunoichi's black cat, while my other cat is a gray tabby.
Shut up and calculate.

tz757300

Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:37 am

Yeah, I like her. She always sits on my bookcase and takes care of herself.

Delta767300ER

Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:15 am

Here is "Precious" (That was her name at the Humane Society so I didnt change her name) She is a 7 month old Domestic Shorthair Tabby. My girlfriend got her for me after my other kitten died  Sad. Precious is very friendly and cuddly but also has a wild side. She bites and scratches more than any kitty I've ever known.

Here is a pic of my girlfriend messing w/ her:

-Delta767300ER

AeroWesty

Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:24 am

My big furball, Joop, looking almost exactly like he's sitting right now between me and the laptop keyboard:

International Homo of Mystery

TPAnx

Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:59 am

Just one...Kissa (Finnish and Russian for cat) Licka (because she licked my belly button one night during the nanosecond that's between being awake and sleeping). Someday I'll learn how to upload pix...she looks a little like
Delta767's...except that she has the royal white tip of the tail..making her Queen of All Cats (and Ruler of Most Dogs.)

My kids had a black cat named Corey  devil ..who would go into attack mode whenever she saw herself in a mirror, or saw another cat. We literally lived in fear when that happened...and still have the scars to prove it. But Corey could be affectionate too..and when a liver disease forced us to have her put down...I sat in my car and bawled my eyes out....

TPAnx
I read the news today..oh boy

dragon-wings

Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:15 pm

I have 3 cats. A 4 year old male name noodles, a 5 month old female kitten named Biscut, and a 5 month old male kitten named Pickles. Pickles and Biscut are brother and sister.

Noodles is a orange tabby cat, Biscut and Pickles are black and grey tabby cats. Sorry but no photos of them, I don't have a digital camera.
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

ShyFlyer

Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:18 pm

Well, I suppose I'm a former cat owner, as my little bundle of furry fun passed away this past September. Her name is Callie, and I was six when I brought her home. She would have been 22 years old last month. She was playful right up until the end.

Whenever she would sleep on my bed, it was always up against me. After a long day at work, I'd head for the recliner, and I knew that she would soon follow. The look on her face always seemed to say, "What you need is a kitty on your lap!!" No matter how bad the day, having her purring on my lap was always the best remedy. Quite often, she would fall asleep there as well.

Big version: Width: 600 Height: 450 File size: 262kb

I'm not sure if I will get another cat.
I lift things up and put them down.

andz

Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:09 pm

the gang:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/andzz/catgang.jpg

Nikita combatting the winter cold

Nikita and Sabrina
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/andzz/IMG_0949.jpg

Nikita and Chico
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/andzz/108-0877_IMG_2.jpg

Relaxing in the garden  Smile
After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF...

57AZ

Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:28 pm

I adopted two cats-Dale and Kyerlie. Dale is 2.5 years old and he came from the Southern Arizona Humane Society. He's solid black and very friendly. Sometimes he'll hop onto the bed and snuggle up beside me if I'm asleep. He always greets me at the door as I return from work and pretty much follows me around. He loves going places, is leash trained and never a hassle to get to the vet or other places-he'll get in the cat carrier on his own.

Kyerlie on the other hand hates going anywhere and will fight any attempt to put her in the cat carrier. That can sometimes be a fifteen minute exercise if you fail on the first attempt. She was adopted from family friends who could no longer keep her. She's a solid smoke gray and is very skittish around anyone she does not know or in an unfamiliar place. Dale on the other hand is perfectly happy whereever he is as long as people he knows are around. Both of them have the names they had with their previous owners or caretakers. I figured that they've got so much else to get used to, renaming them would only confuse them unnecessarily.
"When a man runs on railroads over half of his lifetime he is fit for nothing else-and at times he don't know that."

LTU932

Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:47 pm

Quoting Delta767300ER (Reply 4):
Here is a pic of my girlfriend messing w/ her

I don't know why, but this picture may be perfect for another Caption this Picture thread.  Wink

Personally, I don't want to have any more cats. I like cats, but when we have one, something always happens. The first cat I remember (we had other cats before moving to Germany, but I was too young to remember any of them) had to be given away because the neighbour was bitching about it climbing up his car (though the cat never left a single scratch on the car), the second one ran away, and the third one died of poisoning, which was partly also my father's fault for allowing the cat to roam the streets freely and eating that poison or whatever it ate on the street (it's not uncommon for some inconsiderate assholes in my neighbourhood to poison food and other stuff for killing stray animals though), because he never put some kind of fence to keep it from going outside, the same for the cat that ran away.

Personally, I never wanted any cats or other pets (because I can't bare to see animals eventually die or be put down), but I always liked the ones we had (they were my father's cats), though now I'm telling my parents constantly to never bring any new pets around, because something always happens with them. The only animals we have todays are 4 chickens, a duck (don't ask, they're my father's, though the chickens provide us with 4 eggs daily, hence why we never had to buy any eggs for years), and a 9 year old dog. That's all I'm saying about the pets in my house.
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

jetmech

Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:18 pm

Quoting Kunoichi (Thread starter):

My neighbours cat seems to spend more time at my house than theirs! I don't know what it's name is, but it is very friendly. This is the third set of neighbours that have lived next door, and the second to have a black cat as a pet.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l118/Jet-Mech/IMG_0691.jpg

Regards, JetMech
JetMech split the back of his pants. He can feel the wind in his hair :shock: .

Delta767300ER

Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:58 pm

Quote:
I don't know why, but this picture may be perfect for another Caption this Picture thread.

LMAO! Sounds good to me. Feel free to use the image.

Quote:
My neighbours cat seems to spend more time at my house than theirs! I don't know what it's name is, but it is very friendly. This is the third set of neighbours that have lived next door, and the second to have a black cat as a pet.

That cat looks creepy......

-Delta767300ER

disruptivehair

Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:04 pm

We have three cats:

Pickles:

Jacob:

Emmitt:

AeroWesty

Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:45 pm

Despite the title, this is not Charles Bronson with a .44 blowing away Dustin Hoffman in drag:

rotfl   rotfl 
International Homo of Mystery

AC320

Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:27 pm

Here's June. My dad found her as a very young kitten outside his office, when she stumbled inside though an open door, alone and hungry. She was young enough that we had to bottle-feed her for some time, and so she's rather attached to us. Very demanding and vocal, even more than my siamese (one in the background, her sister passed away this past summer).

June's coming with me to my new apt. in August.

Big version: Width: 637 Height: 266 File size: 45kb
Sasha & June
fuddle duddle

N231YE

Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:50 pm

I have three.

Buckey, ~5 years old, was rescued from an animal shelter.
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p152/N231YE/IMG_0223.jpg

Here he is "playing" with his avian friends...

Tigger, a female stray cat that we rescued from a forest behind a business in the middle of the winter.
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p152/N231YE/IMG0101.jpg

And not pictured, Munchkin, which we rescued from a local pet store that has a terrible record for animal cruelty and bad conditions. She was supposed to be a $50 "we want to get rid of her" deal...but the store ripped my parents off for $200. But my parents wanted to get her out of that hell, so they paid and took off.

Any Clevelanders in the Vicinity, Please do not patronize the Animal Zone pet store in both the Great Northern Mall and the other location near the Midway Mall, in Elyria

yooyoo

Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:35 pm

Here are mine. All strays and all retrieved by my wife. During the harsh winter months she sets up a cat hostel in our garage. She's a real catwoman.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/lajake/PICT0001-3.jpg

Skitzy, Moe and Smokey.
I am so smart, i am so smart... S-M-R-T... i mean S-M-A-R-T

falstaff

Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:49 pm

I just have one cat, His name is Frisco. He is named after the St. Louis and San Francisco Railroad, aka the Frisco. SLSF never even made it close to California, but kept the name anyway. Many of my family's cats have been named after railroads. He will be seven later this year. I would like to have another cat, but then I may wind up being that crazy single guy with a bunch of cats. My buddy Alex used to feel the same way. Now that he is married he has three.

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 11):
I don't know why, but this picture may be perfect for another Caption this Picture thread.

I would agree.

Here is Frisco

Big version: Width: 1024 Height: 768 File size: 215kb
Frisco
Big version: Width: 1040 Height: 401 File size: 287kb
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

alfa75

Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:01 am

Here's Needles.
Big version: Width: 2288 Height: 1712 File size: 1562kb
Needles
The best things in life aren't things!

andessmf

Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:32 am

Don't have pictures, but we have Jesse, our resident rodent/small animal remover. She's a cutie.

Sleeps with Maya, our resident large animal remover.

Aleksandar

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:02 pm

Well, I have a cat, too. After my aunt passed away few months ago, we simply had to buy some kind of pet. So, in January we took a very small and tiny kitten. I named her Minnie and this picture was taken in early February. She is bigger now and more spoiled, but she can make me laugh and can easily get me angry, but she know I love her.

So, here's Minnie
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Femme

Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:37 pm

Hi gang

Her are my extended family !!

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q284/femme_2007/PICT0040-1.jpg
Daisy

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q284/femme_2007/PICT0103.jpg
kate

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q284/femme_2007/PICT0035.jpg
Molly

Quoting YooYoo (Reply 18):
Here are mine.

I have virtually the exact same pic with all three of mine in the same position on our bed but I am in it asleep after a night shift - Talk about 'our space'

Claire  wave 
Women don't have hot flushes, they have Power Surges....

MD11Engineer

Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:31 pm

We had a cat when I was a boy. I'd like to have a cat (or maybe two) again, but I decided that with my work schedule and the constant danger that I might be sent abroad for several days without any warning (to fix some AOG plane at an outstation), it would be cruel to the animals.

Jan
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi

jafa39

Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:59 pm

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/jafa39/100_0206Large.jpg

Mitzi (Siamese Pedigree)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/jafa39/100_0207Large2.jpg

Lulu (Half breed mongrel staunch Sth Auckland rescue(d) cat)
We, the undersigned, do hereby consent.....

skidmarks

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:16 am

I have two cats, Thomas and Treacle. They can't stand each other! Thomas is the one with no ears! Big grin

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/skiddyiom/Family%20and%20Pets/Thomas_1_DSC_1372_small.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/skiddyiom/Family%20and%20Pets/Treacle_1_DSC_1251_small.jpg

Treacle follows me around everywhere. Thomas simply whines for food/attention/to go out etc.

Andy  old 
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional

vaporlock

Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:39 am

We have 3 cats...

This is Topher.....he is 11 and was diagnosed with Renal Kidney Failure last September. We give him SubQ fluids every other day by IV and he is on a special diet. So far he is doing good.

This is Trigger, he is around 14 and has always been very shy...

This is Rex and he is a total ham.....loves getting his picture taken and he has the most amazing personality.

Phyllis  bouncy 

yooyoo

Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:27 am

Quoting Skidmarks (Reply 26):
Thomas is the one with no ears

eek  What happened?

Quoting Vaporlock (Reply 27):
This is Rex and he is a total ham

looks like he's gona let out a wicked sneeze.

My wife would love this thread
I am so smart, i am so smart... S-M-R-T... i mean S-M-A-R-T

ShyFlyer

Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:35 am

Quoting Vaporlock (Reply 27):
This is Rex and he is a total ham

Is he singing MacAurthur Park? --> "...And I'll never have that recipe agaaaaain, oh no!"

skidmarks

Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:45 am

Quoting YooYoo (Reply 28):
What happened?

Skin cancer on his ears and nose. His ears, no problem, cut 'em off. His nose, could get to be a nasty problem if it spreads to his throat. Hasn't stopped the little shit being a pain!! Big grin

Andy  old 
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional

ScarletHarlot

Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:23 am

Can anyone actually OWN a cat?  Smile

We have three cats - Walker and Jefferson, 13 year old Siamese mix boys, who are littermates. Jefferson is very attached to me and hangs out with me most days. Then, we also have Emily, who is a seven year old gray girl. She has womanly hips.  Smile

Big version: Width: 1536 Height: 1024 File size: 58kb
Me and Jefferson
But that was when I ruled the world

Euclid

Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:17 am

I'm currently taking care of 12 adult cats, some of which are feral and stray cats that found their way to my yard and others that are offspring of those cats. Not to worry though, I've had all the females spayed except for one, the very first cat that moved into my yard. She used to be as wild as hell for the first few years, but now will allow me to pet her, although if you try picking her up or restraining her she will immediately start fighting tooth and nails. That's the reason she's still not sterilized, but that's not a problem. All her litters nowadays I have innoculated and dewormed at my local vet and then take them to a pet shop, at eight weeks of age. As the owner then sells them for a very hefty price due to the fact that they have had their shots I'm sure they all end up in good homes, but it still breaks my heart every time I have to say goodbye to a litter of kittens that I always grow attached to.

I suppose these feral and abandoned cats all eventually find my house because it has to be a virtual haven for a cat looking for a place to rest. My house is the only house in the immediate neighborhood with no dogs, and there's obviously a supply of food.

Yes, I know the presence of food may attract more cats, but hell, if they're hungry and in need of a place to stay, they are welcome.

No pictures of any of them, I'm afraid.

rineanna

Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:43 am

Two cats, Tex and Blanche (Guess what colour the latter is!). Blanche just got Skin cancer and had to have half her ear chopped off, but she's doing fine now! They're two out of a set of triplets. I know, I've always protested as to why we couldn't just take the third one (who incidentally was knocked down not long after she was seperated from her sisters. I, however, believe she threw herself out in front of the car in a state of despair and loneliness). They're 10 years old, going on eleven. Hopefully they'll be around for another 11!

DeltaAVL

Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:47 am

This thread has got to have more women (including Westy) in it than any other thread I've seen here!

Anyway, I used to have two Siamese cats that I absolutely loved. But, we got a dog hoping that the two species would mix in harmony. Unfortunately, they didn't, and the two cats started peeing all over the house. So we got rid of the cats and got some more dogs. I don't have any pictures of the cats, but this little guy acts quite a bit like a cat:

Tater!

[Edited 2007-04-08 21:48:21]

DeltaAVL

Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:00 am

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 15):
Westicles

Hey, what about that picture of your pussy that you posted over on 'whiners? I'm sure the crowd would like to see it... Big grin

Aleksandar

Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:22 pm

Quoting ScarletHarlot (Reply 31):
Can anyone actually OWN a cat?

Excellent question!  bigthumbsup  and the answer is NO  biggrin , so I'll say it loud and clear, Minnie (my cat) owns me.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

dragon-wings

Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:33 pm

Quoting 57AZ (Reply 10):
Kyerlie on the other hand hates going anywhere and will fight any attempt to put her in the cat carrier. That can sometimes be a fifteen minute exercise if you fail on the first attempt.

That sounds exactly like Noodles (my 4 year old cat). He HATES the cat carrier! As soon as he sees it he will run and hide in a closet or under the couch or bed. After that it will take at least 10 minutes to get him out from his hiding place, then another 10 to 15 minutes of trying to get him in the carrier! Then once he is in the carrier he will not stop complaining until he is home again and out of the carrier.  laughing 

Our two 5 month old kittens don't mind the carrier at all. In fact when they see the carrier they go in it on their own and sit in there.

Quoting Rineanna (Reply 33):
Blanche just got Skin cancer and had to have half her ear chopped off, but she's doing fine now!

That's good to hear! We had a cat who had skin cancer that spread through her mouth. It got real bad and we had t put her down.  Sad
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

melpax

Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:14 pm

Here's my cat, we inherited Kitty (yes, I know very original name......) when my aunt passed on 7 years ago. When she's good, she's really good, but when she's bad, watch out! She has a habit of biting us on the ankles! She is a very affectionate cat though.

zruda

Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:42 pm

http://anabel.rulez.cz/cici/cici13.jpg
Ive got two cats, siamese female Juliet and her son, half orientalese Tiger. But we call them Kitty and Cat anyway  Wink
there is no coincidence

Femme

Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:03 pm

Quoting Euclid (Reply 32):
I'm currently taking care of 12 adult cats, some of which are feral and stray cats that found their way to my yard

Quoting Euclid (Reply 32):
if they're hungry and in need of a place to stay, they are welcome.

Bless you Euclid for your kindness to these Wharfs and strays !

My mum and dad do a similar thing. At one time they were feeding roughly 15 strays, at least 4 of them now live there permanently and are slobbed around the house. It's strange when one dies another appears..........

Claire
Women don't have hot flushes, they have Power Surges....

ORFflyer

Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:01 pm

No - your cat(s) own you - that's for sure.

Quoting Aleksandar (Reply 36):

checkmark 

Anyone who says "it's a dogs life" has never had a cat.

We have two - I'll try to remember to get some photos.

Beaucaire

Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:30 pm

This is our Chartreux Cat "King Farouk" - he passed away some weeks ago....

Please respect animals - don't eat them...

texan

Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:34 pm

While I don't actually own any, I take care of enough of my friends' cats that I might as well claim them. Timmy is my landlord's black cat who loves to follow me everywhere, especially when I'm trying to feed my landlord's fish and dog when he's out of town.

Fred is my step mom's cat. She used to have Stardust, but Stardust tragically died one night. My dad did not want another cat but step mom insisted and dad gave in with one condition...no more names like Stardust. So Fred he remains. He is the most un-catlike cat I have ever seen. He is not graceful and has no idea how to track birds, mice, etc. The way he lies down is to just stop moving his back legs until he is completely stretched out and his front legs will no longer move. Either that or he will simply stop walking and flop on his side. We have a little bird feeder in the backyard. When we let him out, he runs right to it, puts his front paws on the edge, and sits there for 15 minutes thinking the birds will come back while he's out there. Stupid cat...

Mish Mish is the SLF's cat. Definitely the cutest and nicest cat of the three. Mish loves me because she knows when I come over it means that she gets fed. Its great, I'll open the door, she'll see me, rub against my leg, then run to her food dish. The cat, not the SLF.

Texan
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."

FOMEA

Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:41 pm

Moza is not really mine, however i take care of him full time.

Regards
F-OMEA.
On the internet you can be anything you want..its strange so many choose to be Stupid.

UALPHLCS

Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:02 pm

My wife and I have three cats.

Rhapsody
Big version: Width: 2592 Height: 1944 File size: 665kb

and

Blue
Big version: Width: 2592 Height: 1944 File size: 768kb

And Ted.
Big version: Width: 2592 Height: 1944 File size: 957kb
A little less Hooah, and a little more Dooah.

Tom in NO

Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:39 am

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l264/tmoore065/DSC00015.jpg?t=1176133058

This is Minnie.....she was abandoned by our old apartment neighbors when they moved away. They took one cat, and left Minnie. We started feeding her, of course she took a liking to us, and she's been with us now for the past 11 or so years.

Tom at MSY
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

IFEMaster

Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:58 am

Cats like to let us think we own them, but the reality is that cats own their respective caregivers. They don't regard humans as superior to them, they regard them as subjects, to be ruled over, enslaved at feeding time, and expected to be present with a lap and a comfortable blanket when petting is required.

I think Mark Twain said it all when he so eloquently wrote, "If man could be crossed with the cat, it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat."
Delivering Anecdotes of Dubious Relevance Since 1978

ShyFlyer

Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:38 am

Quoting IFEMaster (Reply 47):
enslaved at feeding time

When my cat was still alive, she decided that breakfast was at 6am, even on weekends. If no one was awake at that time, she made sure that everyone in the house knew she was hungry. Normally a quiet cat, she could rival an air raid siren in volume.

IFEMaster

Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:50 am

Quoting ShyFlyer (Reply 48):
When my cat was still alive, she decided that breakfast was at 6am, even on weekends. If no one was awake at that time, she made sure that everyone in the house knew she was hungry

All 4 of ours are like that. We're up at 5:00am every weekday and so they all get fed at about 6:00am. At the weekend, if their food isn't down by 6:05 and the back door hasn't been opened for them to go outside, we hear about it from all 4 of them. If by 6:30am these things still haven't been taken care of, we get jumped on, pawed at, yelled at until it happens.

No rest for a cat's minions.

On another note, check out www.catster.com . It's like MySpace. For cats.
Delivering Anecdotes of Dubious Relevance Since 1978