Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:49 pm

Out are:

Webber
Sato
Coulthard
Liuzzi
Button
Speed

Alonso has dropped to 5th with Massa leding, followed by Hamilton in P2, Raikkonen in P3 and Heidfeld in P4

sudden

RE: F1: Bahrain GP 2007

Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:16 pm

1. Massa
2. Hamilton
3. Raikkonen
4. Heidfeld
5. Alonso

What is really interesting now is that we have 3 drivers leading the championship on 22 points. When did that happen, if ever?

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

LHStarAlliance

Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:34 pm

Quoting Sudden (Reply 52):

Wow Hamilton is ding really a good job!

I just hope Alonso never comes back , I really don´t like him ...

I like Hamilton he´s modest and friendly , I wish him the best ...

Konstantin
Boycott The Olympic Games In Beijing !

emrecan
Topic Author

Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:46 pm

Great result for Massa...

Hamilton will be the new hero for F1 World. He is a great driver. Nick is also going well after the 3 races.

Sato came back with exploding his engine  Smile

I am very happy with the result of Balonso Big grin

Unfortunately we have a long break till Spanish GP.

Let's wait and see what will happen...

mhodgson

Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:49 pm

According to the ITV commentators, this is the first time a driver has ever podium-ed for his first three races - not a bad start to an F1 career!
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced

scbriml

Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:47 pm

Quoting Mhodgson (Reply 55):
According to the ITV commentators, this is the first time a driver has ever podium-ed for his first three races - not a bad start to an F1 career!

Indeed, something not even the mighty Schumacher can claim. Let's see how long it takes him to win a race.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

ba757

Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:03 am

Quoting LHStarAlliance (Reply 53):
I just hope Alonso never comes back , I really don´t like him ...

Quoting Emrecan (Reply 54):
I am very happy with the result of Balonso

Are you sure you two aren't the same member with two accounts?  Wink

Quoting Emrecan (Reply 54):
Hamilton will be the new hero for F1 World. He is a great driver. Nick is also going well after the 3 races.

Well from what I have noticed - he seems to be having the same affect that Alonso had on F1 in Spain. F1 has always been liked here - but the popularity certainly seems to be hiking because of his very early success.

I have yet to watch the race, though I've seen bits and know the result, so I'll reserve my commentary for later.  Wink

Adam

legoguy

Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:21 am

Hamilton... Wow what Can I say. I think if McLaren had've realised that they would be quicker on hard tyres, they wouldn't have fuelled them so heavy in the 2nd stint! Where the hell was Alonso this race? He was a nobody today!

Great again for Nick Heidfeld. His 3rd 4th this season... The 'Nearly Man'

Massa... great result! He did well today as did Kimi.

Im gutted for Red Bull, the first race in ages they were starting to kick some ass then BAM, double failue.

And the same to Davidson, who was up to 6th at one point! How unlucky!  Sad
Can you say 'Beer Can' without sounding like a Jamaican saying 'Bacon'?

Alessandro

Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:36 am

Quoting Waterpolodan (Reply 39):

Quoting Waterpolodan (Reply 39):
Quoting Alessandro (Reply 35):
Interesting lineup, this was Ferraris 100th pole BTW.

Actually, it was their 189th pole...

¨
Sorry my mistake, 100th pole with Bridgestone.
From New Yorqatar to Califarbia...

emrecan
Topic Author

Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:29 am

BA757:

how are you Adam?

After his comment about Balonso 'LHStarAlliance' is my brother Big grin

Will you go to Monaco GP this year?

Hamilton is really a perfect driver. Till now he didn't make any mistake showing that he is a rookie..

Regards
Emrecan

sudden

Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:47 am

Quoting Legoguy (Reply 58):
Im gutted for Red Bull, the first race in ages they were starting to kick some ass then BAM, double failue.

Indeed, and D.C looked strong today with some great passing under heavy breaking.
I find this race very good as there were battles all over the track. Just as it should be.

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

bill142

Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:56 am

Great again for Nick Heidfeld. His 3rd 4th this season... The 'Nearly Man'

I don't think it will be long before BMW get onto the podium.

Where the hell was Alonso this race? He was a nobody today!

He's been a bit behind all weekend. Hamilton seemed to get the car set up fine, however they were both were slower in the middle stint. What tyre were Ferrari running during that stint?

cornish

Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:58 pm

Quoting Alessandro (Reply 32):
Well, Kubica hasn´t gone a full season yet, so no point of critizes someone who raced first time at some tracks, Heidfeld
is veteran in comparision...

Yet he is more experienced than Hamilton. Unfortunately for Kubica and Kovalinen, Hamilton has set the benchmark for ambitious teams in F1. Has anyone seen him make any mistakes of consequence yet ? Kubica on the other hand makes lots. Yes he is a great raw talent, but BMW won't have unlimited patience when they have young GERMAN driver Vettel sitting in the wings.

Hamilton has come into F1 with limited experience and is proving to be fast, consistent and even beating the current world champion in the same car, somebody rgarded by most experts as the best driver in F1. Yet Kubica with more experience (remeber he was the Friday driver at EVERY track last year) is not beating Heidfeld. Kubica HAS to start beating Heidfeld for his long term good. And Kovalienen HAS to do the same to Fisichella.

I bet both of them just hate Hamilton right now.....

Great and VERY timely result for Massa. He really had to have a good race this weekend and he performed very well for the perfect result for him. Alonso had a bit of an off day which is rare for him. Heidfeld was good again and the Red Bulls showed good race pace too. Honda are still a disaster though.

But what can you say about Hamilton - awesomely good and looks like he's been driving F1 cars for years  Smile
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

legoguy

Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:16 pm

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 62):
He's been a bit behind all weekend. Hamilton seemed to get the car set up fine, however they were both were slower in the middle stint. What tyre were Ferrari running during that stint?

Both Ferrari and McLaren ran on the soft tyres, and then used hards on the last stint due to the new tyre rules. The McLaren's took on more fuel than the Ferrari's for the middle stint, thus slowing them down by quite abit.

However the McLaren's ran better on hard tyres. I'm sure if McLaren had've known their car was better on hards, then they would have used less fuel for the middle stint
Can you say 'Beer Can' without sounding like a Jamaican saying 'Bacon'?

bill142

Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:49 pm

You have to hand it to Hamilton. Before he was confirmed as a McLaren driver, he stated he could match Fernando, and wasn't scared of him, I think he proved that. Of all the rookies in the field, Hamilton is the class act. Kovalienen and Kubica have alot to answer for. Both have competition from within their own team, with Vettel at BMW an Piquet at Renault both ready to take over. I wonder if Flavio is thinking Weber might have been the better option?

BlueElephant

Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:51 pm

Quoting Legoguy (Reply 64):
However the McLaren's ran better on hard tyres. I'm sure if McLaren had've known their car was better on hards, then they would have used less fuel for the middle stint

checkmark 

I used to be a hardcore Alonso fan, but the more i watch him the more i see his stupidity. How the hell can you blame a car...when it was the exact same car that Hamilton was racing. Of course he couldn't find grip...you're in the middle of the freaking desert.

The Next best driver....is Hamilton...i'm all up for him doing well this season. I just hope he doesn't become an arrogant jerk like Balonso....and then he'll do really really well in F1.

One thing i'd like to see....a test really for Hamilton...is seeing him start from the back. I remember back in Brasil Last year with Schumi getting up to fourth after his flat tire. Watching Hamilton pass everyone would be incredible.

And now...to wait 3 freaking weeks...i don't know how i'll manage  Smile

-Boo To Nascar...Yay to F1.

Blue Elephant.

LHStarAlliance

Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:01 pm

Quoting Emrecan (Reply 60):

After his comment about Balonso 'LHStarAlliance' is my brother Big grin

Glad to be in your family now  Smile
Boycott The Olympic Games In Beijing !

sudden

Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:31 pm

Quoting BlueElephant (Reply 66):
One thing i'd like to see....a test really for Hamilton...is seeing him start from the back. I remember back in Brasil Last year with Schumi getting up to fourth after his flat tire. Watching Hamilton pass everyone would be incredible.

That would indeed be a cool thing to see. He might be fast when running in clean air, but how does he perform in traffic.

I think Schumi is not the best comparison, but Kimi as he have moved up the order on several occasions from the very back of the grid.

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

ba757

Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:57 pm

Hammy reckons he can win the championship this year. I think it could be possible. Wouldn't that be just the dream debut year in F1 for him? (http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=39020)

Quoting Cornish (Reply 63):
Hamilton has come into F1 with limited experience and is proving to be fast, consistent and even beating the current world champion in the same car, somebody rgarded by most experts as the best driver in F1

And that is quite a feat for someone with his experience. Is there any wonder he is setting F1 on fire in the UK at the moment. He is all I keep hearing about.

On another note, I just wish the commentators would shut up about Schumacher. It is doing my nut in. He is gone, now making possibly the worst TV adverts ever for Fiat, they should get over it.  Smile

kaddyuk

Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:03 am

Quoting EMA747 (Reply 5):
he didn't push as much as he could/should have

Kimi was having cooling problems with his engine...

Quoting Waterpolodan (Reply 8):
he was trying to stay out of the slipstream as much as possible to avoid overheating

Exactly why he was unable to catch hamilton. It wasn't that hamilton was that much faster...

Quoting Legoguy (Reply 9):
that was the first race and doesn't really count.

EVERY race counts

Massa may eventually wise up and start driving like an ace

He DOES drive like an ace...

Toyota, I've no idea on them

They're doing better than I expected but i'm not sure that they will win anything this year.

Honda, until they have that new car designed, not even bother with them.

New Car? That idea has been destroyed by Nick Fry recently.

Super Aguri, Davidson has also had rotten luck, but when luck is on his side, I can picture him earning a point or 2 this season, and the same goes to Sato.

I'd love to see SA get a point or two...

Quoting BlueElephant (Reply 10):
Massa will make another mistake

He seemed to do well in Bahrain!!

Quoting Duff44 (Reply 11):
Am I the only one who thinks they need to ditch the 2-races-per-engine rule?

One of the BEST rules they've introduced in a LONG time!

How the hell can you blame a car...when it was the exact same car that Hamilton was racing

It isn't though... They both drive on different stratergies and setups...

One thing i'd like to see....a test really for Hamilton...is seeing him start from the back.

Me too... I might believe his skill if he can pull a schumacher in brazil last year...!
Whoever said "laughter is the best medicine" never had Gonorrhea

nosedive

Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:48 am

Good. Don't reallt care for ole DC and Webber

Quoting Alessandro (Reply 50):
Speed out?

yeah... he's not gonna be around much longer...

Quoting Sudden (Reply 68):
He might be fast when running in clean air, but how does he perform in traffic.

Well he seemed to do okay in GP2, then again, this isn't GP2

Quoting BA757 (Reply 69):
Hammy reckons he can win the championship this year. I think it could be possible. Wouldn't that be just the dream debut year in F1 for him?

The way things are going he could do it. What will be interesting is next year. Who does McLaren favor? The double world champion or the furtue world champion?

scbriml

Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:39 am

Quoting Nosedive (Reply 71):
Who does McLaren favor? The double world champion or the furtue world champion?

Logic says that despite the phenominal start to his career, at some point he'll be in a less favourable position (maybe a blown engine in qualifying or some other penalty), and the difference between a potential champion and a real one, is how he deals with the less optimal situations. We will have to wait and see.

Either way, we could be looking at the most interesting championship for some time! yes 
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

bill142

Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:56 am

Quoting Scbriml (Reply 72):
Logic says that despite the phenominal start to his career, at some point he'll be in a less favourable position (maybe a blown engine in qualifying or some other penalty), and the difference between a potential champion and a real one, is how he deals with the less optimal situations. We will have to wait and see

This is a good point. We'll have to see how he deals with reality when it catches up with him. The first few races have essentially been a dream for him. He has shown his skill, but he hasn't shown his ability under pressure, as in having to come from the rear and get a good result. As yet, he hasn't had a test of character.

Quoting Nosedive (Reply 71):
The way things are going he could do it. What will be interesting is next year. Who does McLaren favor? The double world champion or the furtue world champion?

McLaren policy for years has been both drivers are equal untill one is mathematically unable to win the championship. This dates back to the days when Mika was champion and DC had every opportunity to blow Mika away. Of course that never happened.

Quoting Scbriml (Reply 72):
(maybe a blown engine in qualifying or some other penalty)

Won't be surprised if Hamiltons engine lets go in Spain. Those puffs of blue smoke in Bahrain were worrying.

MarioSPlane

Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:32 am

Massa !!

I hope Hamilton's engine keeps working in Spain. He's a great driver !

This championship is going to be great !

Cheers

kaddyuk

Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:23 pm

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 73):
Won't be surprised if Hamiltons engine lets go in Spain. Those puffs of blue smoke in Bahrain were worrying.

My personal view is that Alonso knows something about Barcelona that Hammy doesnt. Perhaps alonso was saving the power in bahrain for a trouble free race in Barca where he can push to the limit. If hammy was running his car hard, he might have to tone it down in Barca. Massa will certainly be a threat to both the McLarens and I hope that he can win the Championship this year.
Whoever said "laughter is the best medicine" never had Gonorrhea