Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

fxramper
Topic Author

Wild Bill Richardson For President!

Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:00 pm

I can't think of anyone in the preliminary race more qualified to run our country...

This guy is a centrist leaning left with an excellent history of politics.

I'm voting for him in the primary.

Anyone see what he's doing in N. Korea? Excellent stuff!!!

Richardson in '08!

Vote Bill

AeroWesty

RE: Wild Bill Richardson For President!

Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:07 pm

I like him a lot. Solid and has the experience of being a governor. I could see him being a breakout candidate after the top players get done ripping each other apart.

We've got 10 more months before the first primaries--he's got the time to do it.

http://www.richardsonforpresident.com/
International Homo of Mystery

fxramper
Topic Author

Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:09 pm

I pealed the Bush '04 off the M car and got a Richardson sticker en route to be place next to Perry '06 on the beamer.

Governor, how spots federally has this guy held?  yes 

gunsontheroof

Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:13 pm

Richardson is probably the only Republican/Democrat that I'd consider casting my vote for in '08, we'll see where he stands.
Picked a hell of a week to quit sniffing glue.

FlyingTexan

Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:16 pm

Richardson has Clintonesque women problems. Probably to a lesser degree, but that won't stop righties. He does have a tremendous foreign policy resume, tho.

So, Women Problems vs Foreign Policy Diplomat

Hmmm?

About Richardson running - Hate Radio & the Radical Right sure could dig up a ton of negatives on him - speaks Spanish and French (wonder which is worse?), was a Clinton Administration appointee, has women problems and his state lets you smoke weed.

Speaking of women problems and presidents - ironic that Republicans are very interested in one's married lives - so interested - they spent much time, money and effort on Clinton's in the late 90s.

So let's look at this current field of expected presidental contendors:

- McCain, twice divorced, adulter
- Giuliani, twice divorced, adulter
- Newt, three times divorced, major adulterer
- Romney, no divorces.

Then we have the Democratic Candidates - not one has been divorced.

So, Women problems VS Foreign Policy?

I'll take Foreign Policy.
"Wouldn't your boss like to fly home nonstop at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon?" -Airline Exec to Congressional Staffer

ABQ747

Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:23 pm

Quoting FXramper (Thread starter):
Anyone see what he's doing in N. Korea? Excellent stuff!!!

It's great that he was able to bring back the remains of US soldiers killed over there. He still hasn't been able to convince the North Koreans to disarm, though.

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 1):
Solid and has the experience of being a governor.

Haha. Bill Richardson's administration is one of the most corrupt that New Mexico has ever seen. It's almost as bad as Louisiana.

Creating unnecessary jobs for his best friends, accepting political contributions from people accused of embezzling the state out of millions of dollars, giving illegals drivers licenses and letting them vote, accepting tens of thousands of dollars in free air travel from people who have business pending in his office.......you name it, he's done it. That said, I think he is the best Democratic candidate in the current line-up. That's not really saying much though. If there are no Republican candidates that I like, or if a Republican candidate has absolutely no chance of winning, then I would probably vote for Richardson. I would rather see him in office than Hillary or Obama. He doesn't seem to be quite as far left as the other candidates. Hillary just scares me.  Wow!

Pete Domenici for President!!! (I wish)

[Edited 2007-04-14 10:28:50]

FlyingTexan

Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:39 pm

Quoting ABQ747 (Reply 5):
Creating unnecessary jobs for his best friends

Similar to how former war monger Paul Wolfowiz got his girlfriend that $200,000 per year job?

Pray do tell details of his escapades ...
"Wouldn't your boss like to fly home nonstop at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon?" -Airline Exec to Congressional Staffer

itsonlyme

Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:53 pm

In any other year, when Sens. Clinton, Obama and Edwards wernt sucking up all the media oxygen this guy would probably be top of the pile. Congressman, UN Ambassador, Energy Sec, Governor. He has the best resume of any candidate on either side. Was unaware though of said irregulairites during his tenure as Governor. Although there have been some rumours of Clinton like problems. He was in Darfur recently, and of course is on an official visit to N. Korea right now. After guys like Warner and Bayh dropped out, he became perhaps the electable 'anti-hillary', but then Obama jumped in. I think Richardson on the ticket somewhere with a guy like Warner, Obama or perhaps Bayh would be very very strong for the Dems.

ABQ747

Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:10 pm

Quoting FlyingTexan (Reply 6):
Pray do tell details of his escapades ...

I have posted on this before. KRQE-TV here in ABQ did an investigation on him and found that Richardson had created over 60(!!!!) jobs for his best friends that cost New Mexico taxpayers millions of dollars every year. Law states that these jobs are temporary and should last no longer than three months. However, these people have been at their jobs for over three years! Most of those people are not even qualified for the jobs they do, and some sit around and do nothing!!! KRQE had a video of the report on their website, but the video no longer works.
RE: Bill Richardson Enters White House Race (by ABQ747 Jan 21 2007 in Non Aviation)

http://www.krqe.com/video/expandedbi...cal]=ID&ID%5BVideoBigLocal%5D=3793

http://www.krqe.com/LarryBarker/

Larry Barker is the one who investigated Richardson. It looks like KRQE is having some problems with their website right now, since none of the links to any of Larry Barker's videos seem to work. It just says this:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e14'

Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '='.

/video/expandedbiglocal.asp, line 69

ltbewr

Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:06 pm

I am a very loyal member of the Democratic Party and see Richardson as a very good possible canidate to run and be President. I don't expect any canidate to be perfect, and I would have to learn more about Richardson as to any issues as to him as noted above, but I see his political experience as superior to the other leading canidates. I also see him as a relatively balanced canidate, one that may attract enough of the independent moderates.
I see tremendous problems, well cited in a wide range of media, for either Obama and Sen. Clinton, especially as to moderate white males. Gore, has the issue of 'global warming' as well as having failed before, to hurt him. Kerry, forget it, he tried and failed and really didn't have the persona that many want in a President. Edwards, just play up the issue of him having been a civil plaintiffs lawyer against corporations, and you get a lot of money against him.

gunsontheroof

Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:05 am

Creating unnecessary jobs for his best friends, accepting political contributions from people accused of embezzling the state out of millions of dollars, giving illegals drivers licenses and letting them vote, accepting tens of thousands of dollars in free air travel from people who have business pending in his office.......you name it, he's done it.

Google: Define: Politician

Quoting FlyingTexan (Reply 4):
his state lets you smoke weed.

God forbid that any state would base policy off of the fact that a significant number of citizens are going to do it anyway!  sarcastic 
Picked a hell of a week to quit sniffing glue.

ShyFlyer

Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:10 am

Quoting FXramper (Thread starter):
I can't think of anyone in the preliminary race more qualified to run our country...

Even though I didn't vote for him for Govenor, I have to admit he has been very good to New Mexico. Bill is currently the only candidate in the race that has my attention.

Bill Richardson's administration is one of the most corrupt that New Mexico has ever seen.

I don't know if I'd say the most corrupt. As soon as KRQE gets their website back in order, I check out those links.

Quoting ABQ747 (Reply 8):
Most of those people are not even qualified for the jobs they do, and some sit around and do nothing!!!

Sounds like a lot of government employees.  duck 
I lift things up and put them down.

B777-700

Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:22 am

While I'm volunteering for the Edwards campaign, I would be quite happy with Bill Richardson as well. Everything I've read on him has told me that he stands for the same things I do. Unfortunately, the candidate with the best resume and best ideas typically doesn't win. It's money, and electability, and Bill's lacking both.
If you don't chew Big Red, then @#$% you.

L.1011

Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:09 am

I already have his bumper sticker in the back window of my Explorer.

B777-700

Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:31 am

I saw his interview on CNN today. I gotta tell ya, the more I hear from him, the more I like. This should be a candidate the moderates give a lok hard look at.
If you don't chew Big Red, then @#$% you.

TedTAce

Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:53 am

Creating unnecessary jobs for his best friends, accepting political contributions from people accused of embezzling the state out of millions of dollars

Great, it will be like W having a 3rd term Big grin
This space intentionally left blank