Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

L-188

RE: Who Is The GOP Gonna Run In '08

Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:24 am

Quoting UALPHLCS (Reply 48):
When he did recover he was excused from returning to Vietnam. He volunteered to return and was shot down on his first combat sortie back in Vietnam

And that is the big difference between him and Kerry, McCain went back, Kerry used his connections and his "wounds" to get him out of there.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

stlgph

Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:42 am

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 32):
Don't forget the Brandy Alexanders!

i'm very very happy at the moment.

it was a nice event. there were about a thousand people there. *most* of the candidates were nice and polite. there are some that just simply .... aren't.

they had a few things to say that the other party should listen to ... and i'm sure the other party would have plenty to say that this party should listen to. it's a shame there can't be a bi-partisan ticket. i could think of some good pairings.

i can't give full details on everything that was said thus far. not everything has hit the air yet and since i went for work, it's not completely my information to freely distribute at this time.

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 34):
undecideds like BILL Clinton. Hillary is a different matter.

Hillary is being smart and going after a new audience -- poor people that usually don't vote. there's a lot more numbers there. some of the Republican candidates have recognized this and are going after them in bits and pieces.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

Superfly

Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:21 am

But the Thompson Twins where a trio!

New understood why they called tehmselves that.
Fred annd Tommy would be the REAL Thompson Twins. Big grin

Question:
Which GOP candidate is campaigning to carry the torch of all the policies of the Bush administration?
Since Dick Cheney wont run, who wants to campaign on the success of the Bush administration, actively trying to get Bush'e endorsement and wants to 'stay the course'.
Perhaps I am wrong but it appears that all of the GOP candidates have cut & ran from Bush.

Also, I don't hear any calls to repeal the 22nd. Amendment so he can run for 3rd. term like the Republicans were doing in 1988 for Reagan.
Bring back the Concorde

B777-700

Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:26 am

Quoting L-188 (Reply 50):
And that is the big difference between him and Kerry, McCain went back, Kerry used his connections and his "wounds" to get him out of there.

John Kerry, like John McCain, is a war hero, and a real American.
If you don't chew Big Red, then @#$% you.

Halcyon

Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:33 am

The only one I'd vote for would be Thompson. He seems down to Earth and very nice, and also is not some party hack.

McCain is too much of a flip flopper, just like Romney and the others.

Guiliani is messed up in his personal life and more of a liberal than conservative.

Too bad it's not about electing the best person, but instead about electing the person who's "most electable."

Quoting B777-700 (Reply 53):

An American yes, a user yes, but not so much of a "real war hero" IMHO.

L-188

Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:36 am

John Kerry, like John McCain, is a war hero, and a real American

Besides simply being in the military, what did he do to distiguish himself?

Did he kill more of charlie then anybody else?
Did he save a mission
Did he take on a mission that nobody else would
Did he sacrifice himself for his men.

Most answers as typical will be a no.

stlgph

Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:39 am

Quoting Halcyon (Reply 54):
Guiliani is messed up in his personal life and more of a liberal than conservative.

what is the problem. that's he "liberal" or he's been divorced?

Quoting L-188 (Reply 55):

thank god. now we can stop this "you're my hero" bullshit to everyone who comes home from doing 9 months in Iraq.

Superfly

Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:40 am

True.
However, John Kerry does kiss of to the very people that slandered him.
Bring back the Concorde

Halcyon

Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:42 am

Quoting STLGph (Reply 56):
that's he "liberal" or he's been divorced?

I'm conservative and he is liberal. I wish to elect a conservative. If that is a "problem" so be it. I also don't like what he did to his wife. Those are both "problems" to me.

stlgph

Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:48 am

Quoting Halcyon (Reply 58):
Those are both "problems" to me.

problem with conservatives is that oh so many things turn into hypocritical issues.

and he is liberal.

but he's Republican. ask him.

Halcyon

Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:51 am

Quoting STLGph (Reply 59):

problem with conservatives is that oh so many things turn into hypocritical issues.

Do tell. I can't be sure if this is aimed at me or everyone who is conservative that you disagree with.

Quoting STLGph (Reply 59):
but he's Republican. ask him.

Which doesn't mean that he's conservative. It could mean he's trying to present one image while being something else.

Really now, what are you getting at?

stlgph

Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:55 am

Quoting Halcyon (Reply 60):
Which doesn't mean that he's conservative

What doesn't make him conservative? I was ten feet from him while he did a 14 minute discussion that was pretty much against the Democratic party in general. I'll see him tomorrow, perhaps I can ask him?

Falcon84
Topic Author

Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:05 pm

Quoting UALPHLCS (Reply 5):
has to win the primaries, to meet Hillary or Obama.

And therein lies my belief that Rudy won't be the man, because I don't think he'll win the nomination.

Quoting L-188 (Reply 9):
And don't underestimated the fact that he has been out of politics for several years now since he left the senate. And people have seen him on TV and in films without the political eye on him. I think that both are good things.

A very astute observation. He's gotten good PR outside of politics, and that can't hurt.

Quoting L-188 (Reply 9):
What might slow him down, particularly if Clinton wins the nod for the communists,

Then you shoot yourself down with an assinine comment like that.

You never learn, do you, L-188. Oh, and thanks for insulting probably more than half the nation.

Quoting N174UA (Reply 21):
I don't like the fact he's Mormon

It shouldn't matter. This isn't a nation of fundamentalist Christians, by Fundamentalist Christians, for Fundamentalist Christians. It's a diverse nation,and, as far as I'm concerned, unless one is worshiping Satan, it shouldn't matter what his/her personal beliefs are.

Quoting N174UA (Reply 21):
Personally, I see him as a Democrat in GOP clothing.

I do to. Those who think Rudy will win, let me ask you this: do you think when the NRA PR machine gets going, because of his anti-gun stance, he'll still be on top? Do you think when the Christian Coalition and the other groups start harping on his pro-abortion stance, that he'll still be on top? Do you think when it becomes widely known in the GOP that he doesn't have a big problem with gays, he'll still be the front-runnner?

The answer is: don't bet your bottom dollar on it. Once the PR machines start chruning full-tilt this fall/next winter, Rudy won't stand a chance, I think. He'll be castigated by GOP-leaning interest groups, and by the other candidates still in the race as what N174UA said: he's a Democrat in GOP clothing.

That doesn't win the nomination in the Republican Party, circa 2008.

Quoting STLGph (Reply 22):
then again Bill is far away from his wife's campaign. unlike the opposite of when he was running when she was right there in the limelight the entire time.

Don't bet that he'll be distanced from the campaign. If he's used in the right way by the campaign, he'll be a terrifically potent weapon for her campaign. The big mistake Gore made in '00 was not having President Clinton campaign for him in areas where Mr. Clinton was well liked, and could have rallied the voted Gore would have needed to beat President Bush.

He'll be a key figure in the campaign, count on it.

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 34):
Guiliani will be the GOP nominee unless something comes up from his past or a new "unknown" steals the show.

Nope. He's too liberal for the GOP of 2008. He is closer, politically, to the democrats on too many issues for the liking of the more white-hot conservatives in the party, many of whom will be voting, especially in the Bible Belt, come '08. I just cannot see a GOP candidate who has had marital problems, is anti-gun, is pro-abourtion, and doesn't give a crap if gays marry or not, winning the GOP nomination.
Work Right, Fly Hard

Halcyon

Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:09 pm

Quoting STLGph (Reply 61):

What doesn't make him conservative?

You keep asking me questions, which I answer, but you don't answer mine. His values are generally quite liberal, as I'm quite sure you know.

I was ten feet from him while he did a 14 minute discussion that was pretty much against the Democratic party in general.

Neat. Doesn't make him conservative. I'm sure that since he's running as a Rep. he's not going to sing the Dem's praises.

I'll see him tomorrow, perhaps I can ask him?

I don't care, do it if you want to. I bet if you tell him you're liberal and are thinking about voting for him he'd explain to you why you should, and the same if you said you were a conservative.

Once again, if you don't mind me asking, what are you trying to make a point about?

B777-700

Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:38 pm

An American yes, a user yes, but not so much of a "real war hero" IMHO.

If you find it appropriate to defame the character of someone who had the balls to do something you don't, then that's an expected opinion. Reality however, couldn't be farther from the truth.

Quoting L-188 (Reply 55):
Besides simply being in the military, what did he do to distiguish himself?

Did he kill more of charlie then anybody else?
Did he save a mission
Did he take on a mission that nobody else would
Did he sacrifice himself for his men.

I don't have those answers L, but by your logic, the boys fighting in Iraq aren't doing anything special either. I mean, why do we call any of them hero's then?

For once, try to be honest with yourself and all of us. Kerry's only sin is being a Democrat. It's acceptable to you and your party to slander war heros. Kerry isn't the first, there's also Max Cleland, and hell, even John McCain.

Just come out and say it, we'd have a lot more respect for you rather then you trying to keep the guise up.

I'm conservative and he is liberal.

If you think Rudy is "liberal" then you're waaaaaay out there in no man's land on the right. Sure he's got some feelings on issues that conflict with the party platform, but he's no where close to being liberal, in the newest definition of the word.

Halcyon

Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:48 pm

Quoting B777-700 (Reply 64):
If you find it appropriate to defame the character of someone who had the balls to do something you don't,

Your unfounded statements run wild. I wasn't exactly around then either.

If you think Rudy is "liberal" then you're waaaaaay out there in no man's land on the right.

Sure. Or suuuuuuuure.

L-188

Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:50 pm

I don't have those answers L, but by your logic, the boys fighting in Iraq aren't doing anything special either

Honestly they are just doing their jobs for the most part.

I mean, why do we call any of them hero's then?

And that word has been over used lately, Being a hero and being heroic are two different things.

Kerry's only sin is being a Democrat.

Bull, I don't like a lot of his politics, the war, Vietnam, guns, health care.....he is a very bad bad man.

It's acceptable to you and your party to slander war heros

Just a memo, war heros don't go before congress after getting generally discharged from the service, and then tell lies about what is going on in the war. That is what Kerry did.

Falcon84
Topic Author

Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:02 pm

Quoting L-188 (Reply 66):
he is a very bad bad man.

Bullshit. He isn't a bad man. You just disagree with him. That makes no one a bad man-you or him. Unfortuantely, if that's how you feel, you feel half of your fellow countrymen and women are bad-at least half. Because at least half disagree iwth you on those issues.
Work Right, Fly Hard

B777-700

Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:12 pm

And that word has been over used lately, Being a hero and being heroic are two different things.

That I'll agree with, on both counts. Kerry was heroic, however, and has the medals to prove it. There's one party that tries to diminish that, which is a really sad commentary on political discussion in its current state.

Again, I didn't see Democrats with "purple heart bandaids" at the convention when Clinton was running against Dole.

Anyone with a shred of dignity and character would denounce this. I don't have a lot of respect for people that propagate it.

Bull, I don't like a lot of his politics, the war, Vietnam, guns, health care.....he is a very bad bad man.

Do not judge, lest ye be judged. How about that?

Just a memo, war heros don't go before congress after getting generally discharged from the service, and then tell lies about what is going on in the war. That is what Kerry did.

He spoke out against things we were doing wrong. Contrary to popular belief, we are not infallible. I hold the US military to a high standard, I'm sorry you don't.

stlgph

Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:15 pm

Quoting Halcyon (Reply 63):
His values are generally quite liberal, as I'm quite sure you know.

which values? i guess if being upfront and honest about everything and having a "what you get is what you see" tactic is liberal, then so be it.

or if being a "government is government and your life is your life so butt the hell out" tactic is also liberal, then, yes, he is a liberal then.

i guess this means you are just wanting to go with the Prejudice/Bigotry/Superiorism campaign and lifestyle. i'll let Sam Brownback know he has at least one more person to show up to his pizza parlor discussions.

Quoting Halcyon (Reply 63):
I bet if you tell him you're liberal and are thinking about voting for him he'd explain to you why you should, and the same if you said you were a conservative.

he knows all about where i stand. that's not the issue. Giuliani's platform is give the people a government, not a mandate.

If you think Rudy is "liberal" then you're waaaaaay out there in no man's land on the right. Sure he's got some feelings on issues that conflict with the party platform, but he's no where close to being liberal, in the newest definition of the word.

exactly. exactly. and exactly.

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 62):
He'll be a key figure in the campaign, count on it.

which campaign? now or after January?

L-188

Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:24 pm

Quoting B777-700 (Reply 68):
He spoke out against things we were doing wrong.

Bull, he made up more stories then Hanoi Jane.

Halcyon

Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:39 pm

Quoting STLGph (Reply 69):

which values? i guess if being upfront and honest about everything and having a "what you get is what you see" tactic is liberal, then so be it.

I value strong relationships, not cheating on your wife (etc.), being honest, and telling it like it is.

or if being a "government is government and your life is your life so butt the hell out" tactic is also liberal, then, yes, he is a liberal then.

You're spinning it and I find myself really not giving a hoot.

i guess this means you are just wanting to go with the Prejudice/Bigotry/Superiorism campaign and lifestyle. i'll let Sam Brownback know he has at least one more person to show up to his pizza parlor discussions.

Seeing how you generalize is quite amusing. You're so very wrong too. You can go ahead and let Brownback know if you wish, but all you're doing is proving to at least one man that you're lying.

he knows all about where i stand. that's not the issue.

What is your point here? I've asked many times. You don't seem to care about doing anything else other than stating your objections and pointing out that you have political connections.

Giuliani's platform is give the people a government, not a mandate.

And I'd much rather have a man like Fred Thompson. I don't like Giuliani on a personal level, and while I have options I'll go for the person who is best all around.

Now I've complied with all your junk, so stop having a hissy-fit.

exactly. exactly. and exactly.

Smile

stlgph

Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:45 pm

Quoting Halcyon (Reply 71):
I value strong relationships, not cheating on your wife (etc.), being honest, and telling it like it is.

so you're a scientologist? i'm out.

You're spinning it and I find myself really not giving a hoot.

i'm spinning it by being inquisitive? wonderful. i'll note that. damn me for being a biased liberal.

You don't seem to care about doing anything else other than stating your objections and pointing out that you have political connections.

hey, at least i've gone into detail. all you can say is ... "i want a conservative but i can't say why but i don't want the best option because he's not really a conservative because uh ... uh .... uh .... well i'm not sure why"

And I'd much rather have a man like Fred Thompson

but he has cancer. and we all know how you feel about Elizabeth Edwards.

Halcyon

Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:55 pm

Quoting STLGph (Reply 72):
i'm spinning it

so you're a scientologist?

Yes, or you're terrible at reasoning things out. What are you inquiring about? Instead of calling me things with your terrible reasoning skills, just ask and I'll tell you. I've answered all your other questions.

i'll note that. damn me for being a biased liberal.

I didn't call you that. Don't put words in my mouth please.

hey, at least i've gone into detail. all you can say is ... "i want a conservative but i can't say why but i don't want the best option because he's not really a conservative because uh ... uh .... uh .... well i'm not sure why"

You never asked me who I want or why I want someone else. I just said that I don't want Mr. R. G.

Please, don't be bitter. I can see the fact that I'm conservative is really eating at you, and I don't think that this need be. I'm quite sure of my reasons. You should ask, as I've said many times, instead of vague suggestions and whining.

No, we all know how I feel about Edwards, and it's a different type of cancer (Will not affect Thompson.), and I said I was wrong about Edwards.

But I understand why you're so aggressive now. Please, you have no reason to be.

B777-700

Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:56 pm

Quoting L-188 (Reply 70):
Bull, he made up more stories then Hanoi Jane.

Really? Prove it.

Ouch.  Wink

Halcyon

Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:59 pm

Quoting B777-700 (Reply 74):
Ouch. Wink

Said like a true fifth grader. Except you're 26-35.  Wink

stlgph

Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:03 pm

Quoting Halcyon (Reply 73):
Yes, or you're terrible at reasoning things out. What are you inquiring about? Instead of calling me things with your terrible reasoning skills, just ask and I'll tell you. I've answered all your other questions.

except not really. my reasoning is pretty good, which of course is why i make decisions for a network.

what i was actually doing was laying out a track path of conservation based on what you had wrote, but that's not easy enough for you to follow. which is of course why you can't outline specifics about any particular liking or disliking of a candidate.

I didn't call you that. Don't put words in my mouth please.

Please, don't be bitter. I can see the fact that I'm conservative is really eating at you, and I don't think that this need be. I'm quite sure of my reasons. You should ask, as I've said many times, instead of vague suggestions and whining.

didn't you just mention something about not making up assumptions?

No, we all know how I feel about Edwards, and it's a different type of cancer (Will not affect Thompson.),

but cancer is cancer? i mean come on now. disease? that's like so ewww and unpure for the conservatives.

and I said I was wrong about Edwards.

well it's nice that you've gained acceptance of working women.

B777-700

Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:09 pm

Quoting Halcyon (Reply 75):
Said like a true fifth grader. Except you're 26-35.

That's all you got huh? Hmm.

No, we all know how I feel about Edwards, and it's a different type of cancer (Will not affect Thompson.), and I said I was wrong about Edwards.

That is true, I will give you credit there. Mrs. Edwards prognosis is good tho, with normal treatment, she can make it 10 years or more. And thank God for that.

Halcyon

Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:17 pm

Quoting STLGph (Reply 76):

You haven't answered one question.

which is of course why you can't outline specifics about any particular liking or disliking of a candidate.

I'm waiting for that all glorious question mark. I don't have to tell you my reasons anyhow, but I've already mentioned some. I do value good strong marriages, being faithful, and don't like abortion. These are all hints for you. Here's my last hint for the day:

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 2):
guns for example

That's it!  Wink

didn't you just mention something about not making up assumptions?

That was meant to get under your skin.  Wink

disease? that's like so ewww and unpure for the conservatives.

That's why this little neocon works on an ambulance I guess.

well it's nice that you've gained acceptance of working women.

Well thanks so much.  Smile

stlgph

Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:20 pm

Quoting Halcyon (Reply 78):
I do value good strong marriages, being faithful, and don't like abortion. These are all hints for you. Here's my last hint for the day:

yes. good strong marriages and no abortions TOTALLY is the foundation for good government.

are you sure you don't want an invite for Brownback's shin dig?

Quoting Halcyon (Reply 78):
That's why this little neocon works on an ambulance I guess

if you vote for Hillary you'd get paid more  Wink

Superfly

Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:32 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 57):
However, John Kerry does kiss of to the very people that slandered him.

Big mistake. That was to read However, John Kerry doesn't kiss of to the very people that slandered him.
Bring back the Concorde

Halcyon

Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:35 pm

Quoting STLGph (Reply 79):
yes. good strong marriages and no abortions TOTALLY is the foundation for good government.

Ok, I figure that perhaps you missed it, but I see Thompson as doing just as good of a job, with better experience. I also like Thompson more on the personal level, which is what that is. I never said that I didn't think that Rudy couldn't run things well, I said :

And I'd much rather have a man like Fred Thompson. I don't like Giuliani on a personal level, and while I have options I'll go for the person who is best all around.

And I'm still not sure why this entire thing got started.

Quoting STLGph (Reply 79):
if you vote for Hillary you'd get paid more

Not if I keep forgetting to put down all of the items we used on a run, I won't.  Wink

stlgph

Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:06 am

Quoting Halcyon (Reply 81):
Not if I keep forgetting to put down all of the items we used on a run, I won't

sabataging your own paycheck. classy.

Quoting Halcyon (Reply 81):
I see Thompson as doing just as good of a job, with better experience.

if Thompson aligns his views with Giuliani, then he'll gain more momentum and support. thus far, he's basically going to steal McCain's thunder.

Giuliani is on the right track and going about business the right way.

To quote what he said last night...

“Our party is going to grow, and we are going to win in 2008 if we are a party characterized by what we’re for, not if we’re a party that’s known for what we’re against,”

"The candidate and the party can win if the candidate is committed to the plight of providing a functioning government serving state and federal interests rather than investing time resource and money on social issues. The time has come for the party to get over wasting its focus on social issues."

N174UA

Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:48 am

But the Thompson Twins where a trio

Quoting Superfly (Reply 52):
New understood why they called tehmselves that.

I think the name is for the two guys, and Alanna Curry (?) is the backup/female vocals. Great band...I think they're still together, living in New Zealand somewhere.

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 62):
do you think when the NRA PR machine gets going, because of his anti-gun stance, he'll still be on top? Do you think when the Christian Coalition and the other groups start harping on his pro-abortion stance, that he'll still be on top? Do you think when it becomes widely known in the GOP that he doesn't have a big problem with gays, he'll still be the front-runnner?

Right. Hard core liberals won't vote for him, because of the "R" and that he's supported Bush on various stances. Because of the gun issue, it's likely that conservative Democrats won't support him, either. Then the ultra-conservatives on the GOP side won't either, so yeah, stick a fork in Rudy...he has no chance as we get closer to Nov. 2008.

UALPHLCS

Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:12 am

Quoting STLGph (Reply 56):

what is the problem. that's he "liberal"

Guliani's problem is that he has a political past that is suspect to Conservative voters. His first attempt at the Mayoral race in NYC was as a candidate for the Progressive Party. Even more liberal than the Democrats. Then he made his party switch.

Republicans love him because he was a very effective mayor in NY. Crime went down, taxes went down (but not a lot) and he did a phenomenal job on September 11th and after.

But the bread and butter for the conservative voter is the Supreme Court. Who would he nominate? He SAYS he like strict constructionists. But can we believe a guy who was to the left of Democrats at one time? What if his nominations get us another Anthony Kennedy? This is the question in Republican voters minds. I'm also concerned about his attempt to get the law changed so he could run for mayor again during the crisis. I think that was very very wrong.

The fact that he's divorced doesn't bother me as a Republican voter. Who the hell isn't divorced now. Frankly, they've been trying to hit Rudy with alot of BS issues. The Drag thing on SNL and his Divorce, what a joke. He's got issues more substantial than those, I think it's a disrespect to Republican voters that Democrats would think that stuff like that would even work. When it's always been about issues.

I don't have those answers L, but by your logic, the boys fighting in Iraq aren't doing anything special either. I mean, why do we call any of them hero's then?

Look before we get sidetracked, Kerry isn't running. But I can tell you that when my brother got back from Iraq, all he'd say was that he was just doing his job. It was six months after and at the change of command ceremony that my parents found out he won a Bronze Star. It was read out by his Colonel, my brother blows it off as "just work." So L-188 is right. I think most in the military are embarrassed to be called heroes.

As for Fred Thompson's cancer, I'm not concerned about it at all. Mario Lemueix play in the NHL after surviving cancer, Lance Armstrong won the Tour de France multiple times. Thompson's type of cancer is not a legitimate reason not to vote for a candidate.
A little less Hooah, and a little more Dooah.

L-188

Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:15 am

Quoting UALPHLCS (Reply 84):
So L-188 is right. I think most in the military are embarrassed to be called heroes.

There is something distasteful about "self-advertising" if you get my drift.

B777-700

Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:28 am

I think most in the military are embarrassed to be called heroes.

Ok, we need to stop agreeing here. I'd rag on your sports teams, but they're all my favorites too!  Wink

Quoting L-188 (Reply 85):

There is something distasteful about "self-advertising" if you get my drift.

Yea, we do. And you're still off the mark.

UALPHLCS

Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:57 am

Quoting L-188 (Reply 85):

Quoting B777-700 (Reply 86):

Look before we get sidetracked, Kerry isn't running.

Let's end this blind alley.

Superfly

Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:56 am

Can anyone answer reply #52?
Bring back the Concorde

UALPHLCS

Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:14 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 88):
Can anyone answer reply #52?

Quoting Superfly (Reply 52):
Question:
Which GOP candidate is campaigning to carry the torch of all the policies of the Bush administration?
Since Dick Cheney wont run, who wants to campaign on the success of the Bush administration, actively trying to get Bush'e endorsement and wants to 'stay the course'.
Perhaps I am wrong but it appears that all of the GOP candidates have cut & ran from Bush.

It's a more complicated answer than your question implies.

Short answer is no one is. Although several candidates are cherry-picking the policies they endorse.

McCain, in general, is for the Administration's Iraq policy. He has clashed with he Administration on many domestic issues.

Likewise Thompson currently has a more flexible policy on Civil Unions and Stem-cell research.

Mitt Romney is trying to run on the social conservative plank of the Administration.

Giuliani will be tough on international terrorism, but is suspect on other issues.

It's a grab bag.

There are no GWB clones out there with exactly the same priorities and policies.

Personally I find Thompson's pragmatic view on Iraq and the War on Terrorism as well his common sense view on social issues closest to my own views. I also think he can communicate them to the public well.