Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

zanl188
Topic Author

"Now Kids Don't Tease The Crocs"

Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:10 pm

""The children shot the animals with catapults and beat them with wooden sticks," the agency said. "One of the irritated crocodiles bit Liu's clothes and dragged him into water, where he was eaten by a swarm of crocodiles."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/04/22/china.croc.ap/index.html

aloges

RE: "Now Kids Don't Tease The Crocs"

Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:40 pm

Quote:
The child, surnamed Liu, disappeared Friday after Liu and three other children climbed over the fence around a pool in the park that had been used to stage crocodile shows, Xinhua said.

Err... should it be possible for a 9-year-old to climb over a fence around a crocodile pool? I don't quite think so... but anyway, AFAIK the Chinese have traditionally had a rather inhumane/brutal view on interacting with animals which is changing, they should definitely expedite that change (re: the chained tiger that ended up killing a child sitting on its back for a photo)!

jamesbuk

Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:46 pm

I'm sorry but how stupid do you have to be to climb a fence into a swamp of crocodiles? Yes it's sad the kid died and may (s)he rest in peace. Just their teeth put me off going near any let alone if i have a stick or a catapult.

Rgds --James--

jetjack74

Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:59 pm

It's time for the annual "being eaten by a crocodile contest, where todays champion is tomorrow's crocodile shit

ltbewr

Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:09 pm

China seems to have no sense of liability or desire to protect it 1.5 Billion citizens anywhere near 'western' standards. Whether it be clean water, proper building construction, worker safety, food safety, and as noted above proper safety of the public from dangerous situations, there is a horrible lack of concern and it is easy to bribe officials as to such matters. The PRC government is totally irresponsible in many of these matters, more concerned with making money. As the government controls the media, including the internet as to non-China sites, they can keep people ignorant of how bad it is. I would also note too that situations like this, just like far too many places, parents often lack any real common sense. Until their is a massive disaster of human causes, perhaps on the order of Chernobyl, then nothing will happen to cause the needed change.

GAIsweetGAI

Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:47 am

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 4):

Population control...  Yeah sure

luv2fly

Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:00 am

Lets see a show of hands for all those in favor of tighter laws and higher fences!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

bohica

Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:07 am

What a croc of $h!t. Big grin

MKEdude

Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:07 am

Big version: Width: 216 Height: 285 File size: 53kb

Feeling vindicated today.

airfoilsguy

Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:31 am

Quoting ZANL188 (Thread starter):
The children shot the animals with catapults

Where does a 9 year old get a hold of a catapult? And to think that the world thinks the U.S. has a weapon problem. Besides everyone knows that catapults are only supposed to be used in the shooting of cats. They make a tasty sandwich!
Big version: Width: 285 Height: 208 File size: 14kb

An-225

Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:50 am

Darwinisation at its finest. I do not feel sorry for the kid at all.

Alex.

jetjack74

Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:44 am

From Monty Python's Final Rip-off
Newscaster: And right now it's time for athletics, and over to Brian Goebells in Paris.
Goebells: Hello, well you join us here in Paris just a few minutes before the start of today's big event: the final of the Men's Being-Eaten- By-A-Crocodile event. I'm standing now by the crocodile pit where... AAAAAAHHHHH!
(Crocodiles eating, French exclamations and sirens)
Newscaster: Ah. Well I'm afraid that we've lost Brian Goebells, so while they're sorting that out, we have a report from Barry Loothesom in Lughtborrow on the British preparations for this most important event.
Loothesom: Here at Lughtborrow are the five young men chosen last week to be eaten by a crocodile for Britain this summer. Obviously, the most important part of the event is the opening 60 yard sprint towards the crocs. And twenty-two year old Nottingham schoolteacher Gavin Watterlow is rated by some pundits not only the fastest but also the tastiest British morsel since Barry Gordon got a bronze at Helsinki. In charge of the team is Sergeant Major Harold Duke.
Duke: Aww, well, you not only got to get in that pit first, you gotta get EATEN first. When you land in front of your croc, and 'e opens his mouth, I wanna see you right in there. Rub your 'ead up against 'is taste buds. And when those teeth bite into your flesh, use the perches to thrust yourself DOWN his throat...
Loothesom: Duke's trained with every British team since 1928, and it's his blend of gymnastic knowhow, reptilian expertise and culinary skill that's turned many an un-appetizing novice into a crocodilic banquet.
Duke: Well, our chefs have been experimenting for many years to find a sauce most likely to tempt the crocodile. In the past, we've concentrated on a fish based [??] sauce, but this year, we are reverting to a simple bernaise.
Loothesom: The British team are worried because Olympic regulations allow only the competitor's heads to be sauced. Gavin Morolowe...
Morolowe: Yes, well, I mean, (clears throat) you know, four years ago, everyone knew the Italians were coating the insides of their legs with bolinaise, the Russians have been marinating themselves, One of the Germans, Biolek, was actually caught actually putting, uh, remoulade down his shorts. And the Finns were using tomato flavoured running shoes. Uh, I think there should either be unrestricted garnishing, or a single, Olympic standard mayonnaise.
Loothesom: Gavin, does it ever worry you that you're actually going to be chewed up by a bloody, great crocodile.
Morolowe: The only thing that worries me, Jim, is being the first one down that gully.
Loothesom: Well, the way things are going here at Lughtborrow, it looks as though Britain could easily pick up a place in the first seven hundred. But nothing's predictable in this tough, harsh, highly competitive world where today's champion is tomorrow's crocodile shit. And back to you, in the studio, Norman.

noelg

Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:06 am

I think this is hilarious! Served the little shit right for teasing the croc - maybe it will stop other stupid people from messing with animals,

The sad thing is the animals will get a bad reputation for this.

http://www.shanghaidaily.com/sp/arti...200704/20070423/article_313574.htm

airfoilsguy

Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:12 am

Quoting Noelg (Reply 12):

The sad thing is the animals will get a bad reputation for this.

Especially since crocodiles are usually such friendly animals.

[Edited 2007-04-23 18:13:43]

desertjets

Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:22 am

To paraphrase Fred Phelps of WBC.... clearly the croc was a servant of God. Had this child been a true Christian he wouldn't have been eaten alive. [/religious nutjob]

Granted little kids can be stupid and potentially cruel. But this is stupidity taken to a new level. I remember by that age that it was a bad idea and wrong to tease and torture animals... I wonder if that lesson was taught to these boys.

Quoting Airfoilsguy (Reply 13):
Especially since crocodiles are usually such friendly animals.

Don't you just wanna go up and cuddle with them?

kevi747

Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:33 am

Quoting Jamesbuk (Reply 2):
I'm sorry but how stupid do you have to be to climb a fence into a swamp of crocodiles?

Quoting GAIsweetGAI (Reply 5):
Population control...

Quoting An-225 (Reply 10):
Darwinisation at its finest. I do not feel sorry for the kid at all.

Quoting Noelg (Reply 12):
I think this is hilarious! Served the little shit right for teasing the croc

Wow, nice. The kid was 9 years old. Kids make stupid mistakes because they don't understand that there are potentially permanent consequences. Way to show empathy for the death of a child.  sarcastic 

noelg

Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:15 am

Quoting Kevi747 (Reply 15):
Wow, nice. The kid was 9 years old. Kids make stupid mistakes because they don't understand that there are potentially permanent consequences

Chinese kid:
"Well durr, it's not like Crocodiles are dangerous or anything, not like they're going to at least severely injure me..."

Why the hell had they broken into a zoo and were teasing crocodiles if they didn't know they were dangerous?

I mean it's not like they were playing with monkeys or baby lambs, we're talking about crocodiles here! How stupid does a kid have to be to not realise that crocs are dangerous when taunted? I'm sorry but you can't say that they didn't realise the consequences of what they were going to do. Those kids knew exactly what they were doing and the consequences, otherwise they would have been no "thrill" in tormenting the animals.

Serious questions should be asked of their parents too, what the hell were they doing letting their children go out breaking into zoos and tormenting animals?

ZBBYLW

Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:00 am

Quoting Kevi747 (Reply 15):
Wow, nice. The kid was 9 years old. Kids make stupid mistakes because they don't understand that there are potentially permanent consequences. Way to show empathy for the death of a child.

Honestly, Society is getting weaker because some people are allowed to live longer then they should. The fact that they broke in to the pen I think speaks volumes about the parenting going on. The fact of the matter is, stupid mistake = death = stupid kid of the street, I see it simply like that, although yes the kid was young and not fully developed, however this makes it impossible for him to make another stupid mistake. Darwinism at its finest.... On a relatively sad note I feel for the croc, to bad it had to die, I mean it was only doing what its instinct taught him to do, plus the kids where harassing him, should have ate all of them.

Tom in NO

Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:08 am

And here all along I thought this was a "Don't Tease KROC" thread.....my bad  wink   duck 

Tom at MSY

ConcordeBoy

Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:02 am

...most clearcut case of mental Darwinism imaginable. Sad.