Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

luisde8cd
Topic Author

Chavez Closes Down TV Station In Venezuela

Mon May 28, 2007 1:16 pm

As announced, on May 27th at 11:59pm, RCTV was forced to shut down its operations. The TV station had been broadcasting uninterrupted for 53 years.

Chavez ordered the closure of the TV Station claiming that RCTV was pro-opposition and had "supported a rebellion" against him.

The government now has control over all of RCTV's transmision infrastructure and it is starting to broadcast the signal of a new state-owned TV Station which is controlled by the government.

Saludos desde Caracas,
Luis

Falcon84

RE: Chavez Closes Down TV Station In Venezuela

Mon May 28, 2007 1:18 pm

I'm sure we'll hear from Joni soon, telling us how Chavez is no different from Bush.  Yeah sure

When the freedom if ideas start being shut down, you've fallen into a dictatorship; I don't give a shit if he was freely elected.

Venezuela is now such a nation.
Work Right, Fly Hard

ORL777

Mon May 28, 2007 1:27 pm

Well I don´t know what to say, This is a sad day for Venezuela, and RCTV loss this Battle but not the War, so Chavez this is not the end... This is only the Beginning

cybergus

Mon May 28, 2007 1:29 pm

It's a shame to see how my country is going to hell.... Chavez doesn't accept any ideas against him! this is not a democracy...i'm really sad at this moment i just don't realize that RCTV closed their signal!

Tavo
LAN Excellence in Flight

LTU932

Mon May 28, 2007 3:15 pm

Quoting Cybergus (Reply 3):
Chavez doesn't accept any ideas against him! this is not a democracy

It's a sad day and officially the death of freedom of speech in Venezuela. Chávez is progressively building an autocracy and by closing down RCTV, he's just showing the world that he intends to control everything and destroy any kind of democracy in his country. Why don't the Chávez apologists realise the true extend of what is happening in Venezuela? It's clear that by controlling the media the way he does, Chávez is building a dictatorship/autocracy in order to manipulate the news in a way that favours him, because freedom of speech and freedom of the press are two foundations of a democratic and free society.
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

Queso

Tue May 29, 2007 12:51 am

Too bad the Venezuelan people don't have a 2nd Amendment in their constitution so they can take back their government.

ANCFlyer

Tue May 29, 2007 1:02 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 1):
I'm sure we'll hear from Joni soon, telling us how Chavez is no different from Bush

Yeah, and Cedars747 will be chiming right in there with LHStarAlliance not far behind . . . they'll be lined up . . .  sarcastic 

. . . .

"Freely Elected" my ass. He's a dictator, as dangerous as any in the world, and bears considerable watching.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

MIAspotter

Tue May 29, 2007 3:17 am

I am also sad to see my beautiful country being sent down the pooper...

I don't know what it is but I believe Chavez thinks he owns the country and can do and undo at will without caring what the PEOPLE, which in fact elected him thinks.

Sad day for the nation and the beginning of the end.

MIAspotter

P.S. and for all the Chavez's arse lickers 'round here, they should all go live there and see what it's really like.
Nos vamos de Vueling?

luisca

Tue May 29, 2007 3:36 am

Funny how the ussual Chavez apologist are mute. Lets see what they come up with now to justify him.
If it ain't Boeing (or Embraer ;-)) I ain't Going!

luisde8cd
Topic Author

Tue May 29, 2007 4:51 am

Guys I just got home from my university. We were peacefully protesting at the entrance of our campus and pro-chavez police came and fired tear gas and rubber bullets at us. There were many students hurt, bleeding. They shot us in the back while running back into the campus and used tear-gas launchers to fire deep into the campus. I have some pics and videos. I will upload them soon. I just need some rest and artificial tears for my eyes....

Saludos desde Caracas,
Luis

MIAspotter

Tue May 29, 2007 4:53 am

Quoting Luisde8cd (Reply 9):

WOW! At least you are OK Luis! keep us updated.

MIAspotter
Nos vamos de Vueling?

LTU932

Tue May 29, 2007 4:58 am

Good to see you're still alright, Luis!

It's sad to see how a quiet and peaceful demonstration escalates to a war thanks to the brutality of a police controlled by a dictator. It's proof of the fact that Mr. Chávez has once and for all eliminated freedom of speech from his "Bolivarian" republic.
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

andessmf

Tue May 29, 2007 5:12 am

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 11):
It's sad to see how a quiet and peaceful demonstration escalates to a war thanks to the brutality of a police controlled by a dictator. It's proof of the fact that Mr. Chávez has once and for all eliminated freedom of speech from his "Bolivarian" republic.

Where the fuck is the major media on the brutality Chavez is unleashing on demonstrators? I have already many blogs with pictures, but almost nothing except blurbs from others. This is just disgusting.

Best luck to you, Luis.

ANCFlyer

Tue May 29, 2007 5:17 am

Quoting AndesSMF (Reply 12):
Where the fuck is the major media on

Umm, Conrad, hate to point out the blindingly obvious:

Quoting Luisde8cd (Thread starter):
Chavez Closes Down TV Station In Venezuela

I'm still waiting on the Chavez lovers to pop in here and 'explain this away'  crazy  hypnotized 
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

LTU932

Tue May 29, 2007 5:34 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 13):
Umm, Conrad, hate to point out the blindingly obvious:

Maybe he meant the major foreign media (e.g. CNN). I did find an article about the subject on CNN, but I doubt that it's something they'll mention in their newscasts on TV.

CARACAS, Venezuela (AP) -- National Guard troops fired tear gas and rubber bullets Monday into a crowd of protesters angry over a decision by President Hugo Chavez that forced a critical television station off the air.

University students blocked one lane of a major highway hours after Radio Caracas Television ceased broadcasting at midnight and was replaced with a new state-funded channel. Chavez had refused to renew RCTV's broadcast license, accusing it of "subversive" activities and of backing a 2002 coup against him.

Two students were injured by rubber bullets and a third was hit with a tear gas canister, said Ana Teresa Yepez, an administrator at Caracas' Metropolitan University. She said about 20 protesters were treated for inhaling tear gas.

The new public channel, TVES, launched its transmissions with artists singing pro-Chavez music, then carried an exercise program and a talk show, interspersed with government ads proclaiming, "Now Venezuela belongs to everyone."

Crowds of students demonstrated across Caracas, saying they fear for the future of free speech.

"I plan to keep protesting because we're Venezuelans and it's our right," said Valentina Ramos, 17, a Metropolitan University student who was hit in the head with a tear gas canister and received stitches.

She said the protest was peaceful, but National Guard troops said they acted after students hurled rocks and sticks. Police said 11 officers were injured in separate protests on Sunday that were broken up with water cannon and tear gas.

Full article: http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/americ...28/venezuela.protest.ap/index.html

andessmf

Tue May 29, 2007 5:39 am

Further information I have been able to pick up from Spanish sources.

http://www.eluniverso.com/2007/05/28...173656B054E76ACE16547DBDE29B7.aspx

Most of LatAm, except Cuba (!), see this as a step backward for Venezuela.

The troops are alleged to have also fired (assumed live rounds) into the air to disperse protestors.

Only Globovision (not seen in all the country) remains as a opposition TV station.

Not discussed much, but certainly out there:

Chavez wants to create a 'cleaner' programming to not 'corrupt' his population. I know that many have protested when the current US administration attempts this, but are silent when Chavez says the same. Would we see criticism about this? Probably not.

carmenlu15

Tue May 29, 2007 5:43 am

tombstone  freedom of speech in Venezuela...

One of the local papers has given a thorough coverage of the whole story, and its editor (the president of the Sociedad Interamericana de Prensa has written several editorials criticizing Chavez' policies regarding the press.

I'm still waiting on the Chavez lovers to pop in here and 'explain this away'

Want some popcorn while you wait?

Whoa... Stay safe, Luis!
Don't expect to see me around that much (if at all) -- the contact link should still work, though.

LTU932

Tue May 29, 2007 5:47 am

Quoting Carmenlu15 (Reply 16):
Want some popcorn while you wait?

I already have the popcorn on standby.  Wink

But I agree with Luisca. The Chávez lovers and apologists have been unusually quiet about this.

Chiguire

Tue May 29, 2007 6:22 am

In Porlamar, Margarita, the main highway between Porlamar and La Asuncion was completely closed due to protesting students from the UNE. I could not come very close but there was a lot of smoke coming out of this area. I could only see some wires burning.

Guys I just got home from my university. We were peacefully protesting at the entrance of our campus and pro-chavez police came and fired tear gas and rubber bullets at us.

Congratulations for your courage Luis ! I hope you are OK and we can see your pictures soon.

But let me tell you one thing ! I do not agree to the everlasting nice speeches from the so called opposition. How long do they/we want to play the nice guys, respecting all the silly rules and "laws" imposed by a dictator ? The government gives a shit on that and is making fun out of us ! They keep violating human rights, the constitution and whatever else they find appropriate.
What do you think ? How long are we supposed to play the democrats ? Isn't it time to adapt to reality ?

andessmf

Tue May 29, 2007 6:26 am

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 17):
The Chávez lovers and apologists have been unusually quiet about this.

Takes a while to formulate a response to this. But give it time...

Another little piece from my link above: (Joni, pay attention0

"Directivos de RCTV, indicaron que el Gobierno está poniendo obstáculos para que el canal tampoco pueda emitir su señal por televisión de cable"

Essentially, RCTV is now alleging that the government in placing obstacles for them to stop transmitting altogether. Right now, RCTV no longer transmits over the air (some mentioned that since they could still transmit over cable, this wasn't censorship), but can transmit over cable. This may also be denied to them. One other piece that has not been mentioned here is that Chavez TOOK OVER their transmitting equipment.

No excuses here available.

Chiguire

Tue May 29, 2007 6:38 am

Quoting AndesSMF (Reply 19):
Chavez TOOK OVER their transmitting equipment.

The court ruled that. Otherwise those chavistas would not have been able to start their service.

andessmf

Tue May 29, 2007 6:44 am

Quoting Chiguire (Reply 20):
The court ruled that

But the courts essentially rubber stamp what he wants, doesn't it?

luisde8cd
Topic Author

Tue May 29, 2007 6:46 am

Here's the first video:

Saludos desde Caracas,
Luis

graphic

Tue May 29, 2007 6:51 am

Quoting Luisde8cd (Reply 22):

holy shit, stay safe man.
Demand Media fails at life

Chiguire

Tue May 29, 2007 6:57 am

Live:
http://globovision.planetatv.com/dp_senalvivo_new.asp

Klick on top "Senal en vivo Gratis!"

luisde8cd
Topic Author

Tue May 29, 2007 7:02 am

Quoting MIAspotter (Reply 10):

WOW! At least you are OK Luis!

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 11):
Good to see you're still alright, Luis!

Quoting AndesSMF (Reply 12):
Best luck to you, Luis.

Quoting Carmenlu15 (Reply 16):

Whoa... Stay safe, Luis!

Quoting Chiguire (Reply 18):
Congratulations for your courage Luis

Thanks for your support guys, in 10minutes I will post pictures and another video.

Saludos desde Caracas,
Luis

F9Widebody

Tue May 29, 2007 7:10 am

YES URLS in signature!!!

luisde8cd
Topic Author

Tue May 29, 2007 7:38 am

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/luisde8cd/DSC01813.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/luisde8cd/DSC01822.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/luisde8cd/DSC01833.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/luisde8cd/DSC01834.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/luisde8cd/DSC01842.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/luisde8cd/DSC01848.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/luisde8cd/DSC01854.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/luisde8cd/DSC01865.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/luisde8cd/DSC01871.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/luisde8cd/DSC01872.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/luisde8cd/DSC01878.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/luisde8cd/DSC01879.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/luisde8cd/DSC01883.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/luisde8cd/DSC01888.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/luisde8cd/DSC01895.jpg

Saludos desde Caracas,
Luis

piercey

Tue May 29, 2007 8:08 am

Hey Luis, stay safe, and if you can, no offense, but GTFO out of there.

piercey in CLE  Sad
Well I believe it all is coming to an end. Oh well, I guess we are gonna pretend.

Queso

Tue May 29, 2007 8:16 am

Incredible how similar this looks to Tiananmen Square in 1989.

Unfortunately, knowing Chavez, this is going to get ugly.

alberchico

Tue May 29, 2007 8:21 am

For the last freaking time the station is still available on cable, it was just taken off the broadcast lineup. All the people who enjoyed it can still watch it. This whole thing is blown way out of proportion.
short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !

LHStarAlliance

Tue May 29, 2007 8:34 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 1):

When the freedom if ideas start being shut down, you've fallen into a dictatorship;

Not better in America , I don't know why people don't understand that what the US is doing is by far worse !

The Venezuelan people are rebelling and that's good ! That americans don't like it it's understandable but the attitude of this nations is the own debt of the long exploitation ...

I don't agree with Chavez on this issue , but I understand him , rich people could try to in-stabilize the country also over the TV.

Venezuela had a State Coup some years ago , this is illegal and the TV station was making propaganda for it , so he now has to preserve security for the Venezuelan people , as they voted for him .

Good reason to do this !

Big version: Width: 370 Height: 277 File size: 79kb
The leader of the poor

Konstantin
Boycott The Olympic Games In Beijing !

luisca

Tue May 29, 2007 8:39 am

Quoting Alberchico (Reply 30):
For the last freaking time the station is still available on cable, it was just taken off the broadcast lineup. All the people who enjoyed it can still watch it. This whole thing is blown way out of proportion.

Do you really justify closing down the broadcast station and STEALING their transmission equipment just becouse it is Still on cable? This is not being blown out of proportion, this is trumping freedom of speech.

Essentially, RCTV is now alleging that the government in placing obstacles for them to stop transmitting altogether. Right now, RCTV no longer transmits over the air (some mentioned that since they could still transmit over cable, this wasn't censorship), but can transmit over cable. This may also be denied to them. One other piece that has not been mentioned here is that Chavez TOOK OVER their transmitting equipment.

Quoting AndesSMF (Reply 15):
Chavez wants to create a 'cleaner' programming to not 'corrupt' his population. I know that many have protested when the current US administration attempts this, but are silent when Chavez says the same. Would we see criticism about this? Probably not

If Bush even tried to close down NBC or ABC he would be impeached an arrested.
If it ain't Boeing (or Embraer ;-)) I ain't Going!

andessmf

Tue May 29, 2007 8:47 am

Quoting Alberchico (Reply 30):
For the last freaking time the station is still available on cable, it was just taken off the broadcast lineup.

Hey, pray tell us in all your knowledge, how many people in LatAm can afford cable...::chirp:: ::chirp::

(In case you did not 'get it', the vast majority of people DO NOT HAVE CABLE)

And perhaps you also missed this:

but can transmit over cable. This may also be denied to them

Quoting LHStarAlliance (Reply 31):
Not better in America , I don't know why people don't understand that what the US is doing is by far worse !

'It is better to be thought of a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt'

Boy, you certainly opened your mouth...

rich people could try to in-stabilize the country also over the TV.

Tell us where in the pictures of protesters did you see a bunch of rich people.

Venezuela had a State Coup some years ago , this is illegal and the TV station was making propaganda for it

One word, and tell me where CBS is now.

'Rathergate'

LHStarAlliance

Tue May 29, 2007 8:56 am

Quoting AndesSMF (Reply 33):

Tell us where in the pictures of protesters did you see a bunch of rich people.

Hey guy , rich people are always behind the scenes ...

One word, and tell me where CBS is now.

was there a coup on America ???

I really don't know , you're ecuadorian as I see , in your country people are living of 1 dollar / day , while Texaco & co is getting all the oil out , and you still defend america ?? You're betraying your country !

Maybe Chavez is not doing all right , but mainly he's distributing from rich to poor , and this is what has to be done in LA ,
all this countries have so many natural resources but just the elite gets the money of it .

Chavez is in the best sense of the word a : DEMOCRAT !

Konstantin

cybergus

Tue May 29, 2007 8:57 am

Quoting Luisde8cd (Reply 27):

hey Luis...the pictures are very impressive...i wasn't able to make it today to the university but i was looking at the news every minute.
LAN Excellence in Flight

Avianca

Tue May 29, 2007 8:59 am

Venezuela had a State Coup some years ago , this is illegal and the TV station was making propaganda for it , so he now has to preserve security for the Venezuelan people , as they voted for him .

yes and some years we had also state coup, and yes directed by Don Hugo Chavez....
Colombia es el Mundo Y el Mundo es Colombia

LHStarAlliance

Tue May 29, 2007 9:00 am

Quoting Avianca (Reply 36):

Yea see what Perez wanted to do !

Derico

Tue May 29, 2007 9:04 am

Hey, pray tell us in all your knowledge, how many people in LatAm can afford cable...::chirp:: ::chirp::

Almost 70% of homes in Argentina have cable.

But we are the huge exception in Latin America in this regard.
My internet was not shut down, the internet has shut me down

Tue May 29, 2007 9:07 am

Holy crap Luis!

Well this whole situation has gotten even worst. My university was one of the first ones to start the manifestation blocking a famous road in Caracas (Cota Mil) for two days. Then, we all decided to go to the National TV station where I didn't go, since I thought it'd be more dangerous.

As a matter of fact, since then all the problems began, with the police and national guard pushing against us students with rubber ammo and some tear gas.

This is depressing and I think it's a good excuse to GO TO THE STREETS and let the world know who this ass hole is and what he wants to do not only with Venezuela, but with SOUTH AMERICA.

Quoting MIAspotter (Reply 7):
PEOPLE, which in fact elected him thinks

Ignorant people and opportunists that only look after the dirty money. If the money runs out, Chavez will be left all alone...

'm still waiting on the Chavez lovers to pop in here and 'explain this away'

What can they explain? I hope they don't show up because I might get banned for several reasons...
Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous!

andessmf

Tue May 29, 2007 9:08 am

Quoting LHStarAlliance (Reply 34):
I really don't know , you're ecuadorian as I see , in your country people are living of 1 dollar / day , while Texaco & co is getting all the oil out , and you still defend america ?? You're betraying your country !

Yes, I was born in Ecuador, from a German father and an Ecuadorian mother. Yes, I grew up wealthy. I live in the US since 1984. And I have an income that places me in the top 10% of the people in the US.

BUT, I spent a great amount of time in a beach house in a fishing village in Ecuador, so I am very familiar with poverty and how people live. I also have many relatives (both poor and rich) in Ecuador. And guess what? My poor relatives ALL believe Chavez is A STEP BACK for LatAm.

Right now, Correa (Chavez wannabe) is president of Ecuador, and from what I hear from my poor relatives, he is already starting to ruin the country.

but mainly he's distributing from rich to poor , and this is what has to be done in LA ,

No, because in his 'wise' distribution, he's making EVERYBODY poor. Let's use Dubai as an example. There, infrastructure and other things are being done to create jobs for EVERYBODY. In Venezuela, all that is being done is making life comfortable for the poor, nothing else is done to improve their situation.

Chavez is in the best sense of the word a : DEMOCRAT !

Chavez calls himself a SOCIALIST.

Avianca

Tue May 29, 2007 9:10 am

next step, it looks like we are only several weeks away that a new law will be implement... you will need permission from the government to travel with your kid outside the country...

what a shame !

LHStarAlliance

Tue May 29, 2007 9:18 am

Quoting AndesSMF (Reply 40):

BUT, I spent a great amount of time in a beach house in a fishing village in Ecuador, so I am very familiar with poverty and how people live. I also have many relatives (both poor and rich) in Ecuador. And guess what? My poor relatives ALL believe Chavez is A STEP BACK for LatAm.

Yea sure , do they even know who is chavez ??
Ask them what would be a step forward , Abdala , Mahuad , Noboa ??

Right now, Correa (Chavez wannabe) is president of Ecuador, and from what I hear from my poor relatives, he is already starting to ruin the country.

Hey my father knows this man , and trust me this is the best presi Ecuador has had since Borja !

Chavez calls himself a SOCIALIST.

Socialism is the democratic way of comunism

No, because in his 'wise' distribution, he's making EVERYBODY poor. Let's use Dubai as an example. There, infrastructure and other things are being done to create jobs for EVERYBODY. In Venezuela, all that is being done is making life comfortable for the poor, nothing else is done to improve their situation.

False , Chavez is trying to get more education , home , medical service all just good things , which will creat Jobs on future specially the education . Analphabatism is now IIRC by 3%

Konstantin

[Edited 2007-05-29 02:23:56]

andessmf

Tue May 29, 2007 9:27 am

Quoting LHStarAlliance (Reply 42):
Yea sure , do they even know who is chavez ??

Again, we have Europeans figuring out that people in S. America are dumb and they know better what to do. Reminds me of the same attitudes prior to S. American independence movement.

Abdala

You made a funny. Abdala and Chavez share many of the same idealogies. Heck, you would have defended Abdala, after all, his platform was a populist 'help the poor' platform. Abdala was declared crazy by congress. Hopefully, Chavez would get the same treatment soon.

So finally we know your political leanings, and we know how well communism helped this world... sarcastic 

Chiguire

Tue May 29, 2007 9:27 am

False , Chavez is trying to get more education , home , medical service all just good things , which will creat Jobs on future specially the education . Analphabatism is now IIRC by 3%

It is nice of you that you try to take part in such a discussion you don't have the slightest clue what it is about ! I know the Government is wasting tons of tax monies to finance its propaganda abroad e.g. http://www.venezuela-aktuell.de.
I am sorry that you are one of its victims !

Avianca

Tue May 29, 2007 9:28 am

of course at the education sector, specially as they add now 2 years at school in order to teach socialism

Hey my father knows this man

and due that it means Correa is a good president?

Tue May 29, 2007 9:34 am

I can't believe what I'm reading...

Step by step:

My poor relatives ALL believe Chavez is A STEP BACK for LatAm.

Exactly. They're right... you know why? Because they are not receiving any benefits from Chavez... Poor people in Venezuela (not all) believe he's the God just because he gives them a bit of food and alcohol. Venezuelan poor people are comformists... They'll be happy until you stop giving them the 'misery' you promissed.

In Venezuela, all that is being done is making life comfortable for the poor, nothing else is done to improve their situation.

EXACTLY!

Good. Now, are you sure Chavez is a true socialist? Are you sure Socialism can be applied in a country like Venezuela where more than 70% of the population lives in poverty? Are you sure Socialism is appliable AT ALL in a continent like South America??? NO

Socialism is a vague concept that cannot be applied in countries like ours. Canada, Sweden and other nordic countries have it because they've been educated with it!

Trying to make everyone equal here in Venezuela is nothing else but a training to lead us to a state of Comunism....

And I put my weight here, Socialism is a beautiful thing.... ONLY if the resources are available for it to happen. When I say resources, I say HUMAN CAPITAL, ECONOMICS, INFRASTRUCTURE, DEMOCRACY AND NO CORRUPTION... Bring out a check-list to see if Venezuela has any of those... then, I'll accept Chavez's ideas.

I'll ignore this. I invite you to come and live in a popular place, with real poor people that can BARELY write their name correctly.

If you want to write about MY country, do it with criteria please.
Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous!

LHStarAlliance

Tue May 29, 2007 9:34 am

Quoting Chiguire (Reply 44):

yea yea you're right , the rich people are right , the stupids are always the poor ...

Quoting Chiguire (Reply 44):
you don't have the slightest clue what it is about

hey guy , you don't know how much I know ! I've grown up in South America I perfectly know how people think , live and are .

Poloticians like Mahuad , Noboa , Gutierrez , Abdala , Menem have just been on power for the rich and themselves it's time for a politican for the Poor !

You sure are one of those rich people who will not get more money who will have to pay more taxes , etc ... but where's patriotism ??

I'll go to sleep now ,

Konstantin

TheCol

Tue May 29, 2007 9:35 am

I doubt the latter would be of any concern to you.
No matter how random things may appear, there's always a plan.

LTU932

Tue May 29, 2007 9:37 am

Quoting Queso (Reply 29):
Incredible how similar this looks to Tiananmen Square in 1989.

Yeah, just less bloodshed.

Because in the US you still have guaranteed freedom of speech and freedom of the press. Don't make this into a Bush bashing thread. As much as I hate Bush, he hasn't been this unconstitutional (and I'm also better informed because I happen to get the major three US networks, along with CNN and even the infamous Fox News).

The Venezuelan people are rebelling and that's good ! That americans don't like it it's understandable but the attitude of this nations is the own debt of the long exploitation ...

Say what? In English please, I don't understand half of what you just said.

Venezuela had a State Coup some years ago , this is illegal and the TV station was making propaganda for it

So what? It's called Freedom of Speech, something that was a constitutional right until Chávez came back to power after the failed coup. You really need a history lesson in order to learn a thing or two about things regarding the lack of freedom and oppression (like how brutal other dictatorships are, like Iraq, North Korea, Mugabe's Zimbabwe, and in countries like East Germany, Communist Romania, Communist Hungary, the CSSR, etc.)

Quoting Avianca (Reply 41):
next step, it looks like we are only several weeks away that a new law will be implement... you will need permission from the government to travel with your kid outside the country...

Andreas, I strongly suggest you leave the country ASAP.

False , Chavez is trying to get more education , home , medical service all just good things , which will creat Jobs on future specially the education .

Like I said in previous posts, the poor are nothing but a means to an end for El Dictador. Eventually, Chávez will simply forget about them.