Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

sudden
Topic Author

F1 2007 - Magny-Cours

Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:46 pm

Ok,

We'r off to France and a track that offers both high speed and corners.

Ferrari have looked strong during the last test, and Kimi is very confident that they have made the car more competitive.
New aero component for example.

No news yet about Kubica. Will he be granted to drive or not. Anyone have any info?

Honda made some steps Forward during their test in Spain, but what will mean in regards to places on the grid!?

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

emrecan

RE: F1 2007 - Magny-Cours

Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:59 pm

Hi...

I am sure Hamilton will be on the podium again.. I hope Ferrari's will be more competative in France.

jamesbuk

Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:01 pm

Ah I was just about to post one of these  silly 

Yeh should be an exciting race! And I'll actually see it this week, yayers Lol.

What new aeros have any teams got? Any interesting pictures around yet?

www.f1.com has also been redesigned - If anyone else uses that? has live timing for races and all sessions  Smile

Hmm I think Kubica will have a punt at friday session - Report how he feels and go from there otherwise Vettel will be in.

Honda made some steps yes, but so did all the other teams, again we will have to wait till they the sessions begin but i feel they will get into the back of the top 10.

Rgds --James--
You cant have your cake and eat it... What the hells the point in having it then!!!

Acey

Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:00 am

As much as I love my boy Hamilton, I don't think he's going to win this one. If all goes according to plan he'll be on the podium of course, but I have a feeling a Ferrari will take this one. My prediction:

1. Massa
2. Hamilton
3. Alonso

Quoting Jamesbuk (Reply 2):
www.f1.com has also been redesigned - If anyone else uses that?

I visit it frequently, and the new site looks great.
If a man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live. -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

BlueElephant

Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:33 am

Thanks for starting this thread!

I was in Italy and couldn't get online...

How about a Video of a Lap

This one is Kimi in a McLaren.

I think this race is going to Alonso....With Hamilton...back on the Podium.

LTU932

Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:59 am

I never really liked Magny-Cours, so I'm not really sad to see it go, but I believe there should still be an F1 race in France, maybe on a shortened Le Mans track or at Paul Ricard.

That being said, I'm expecting another double by McLaren, with Hamilton being the happy winner again.
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

kstateinALB

Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:38 am

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 5):
there should still be an F1 race in France, maybe on a shortened Le Mans track or at Paul Ricard.

I have heard of a new track being built by I believe Versaille, but I may be wrong.
ALB, DTW, ORD, MDW, MCI, JFK, LGA, LHR, MAD, MSP, IAD, DCA, MCO, ATL, CVG, TUL, MHK, PHL, PIT, DFW, DAL, CLT, IND, AUS,

sandrozrh

Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:59 am

but I believe there should still be an F1 race in France

Naw, just wait for the new Switzerland GP Big grin

BlueElephant

Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:41 am

Anyone know if Hamilton has driven on this track before?

I think he races really well...but has won at the last two..where he's never driven before.

legoguy

Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:06 am

Quoting BlueElephant (Reply 8):

Yup, drove here last year at GP2. Recorded his worst finish of the season here only finishing 19th and 5th, although he did set the fastest lap.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_GP2_Series_season

See bottom table.

Quoting SandroZRH (Reply 7):
Switzerland GP

You wish  Silly although it would be nice, if a driver missed a corner, he'd end up driving off a cliff!

I never really liked Magny-Cours

I don't think its too bad a circuit. The long 3rd corner is extremely challenging. Although the track does not quite have a full 180 degree hairpin but I guess turn 5 comes close enough.

Can you say 'Beer Can' without sounding like a Jamaican saying 'Bacon'?

nosedive

Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:07 am

GP2.

Rosberg rumors rubbished
GP2's new toy
Reading between the lines

Quote:
Alonso's fellow Spaniard also commented on the supposed 'civil war' between the 2007 McLaren lineup, suggesting that any rivalry is actually "helpful" to the team.
"I think it motivates everyone even more," de la Rosa said, "to push the development of the car and to progress in every area."
He added: "Also there is no ignoring the fact that ever since the (Alonso-Hamilton) fight really began, McLaren has won every race."

So they really do "hate" one another. Thanks for the update, Pedro!
Brawn back?

ba757

Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:14 am

The FIA is pressing ahead with plans for radical electronically-controlled moveable wings on Formula One cars from 2011, as autosport.com revealed, as part of a major shake-up of the sport's rules.

The World Motor Sport Council met in Paris on Wednesday to evaluate the latest set of proposals that have been put together following discussions between the FIA, teams and car makers.

The ideas are due to be discussed between the various parties who are hoping to finalise the rules before the end of this year.

With an initial idea for a standard chassis having now been abandoned, with only an FIA-supplied floor now being considered, earlier plans to allow moveable aerodynamic devices are now being put in place. This was first reported by autosport.com after the United States Grand Prix.

An FIA document, detailing the progress of the work on framing chassis rules, said: "Front and rear wing settings maybe electronically controlled, but within set limits defined from time to time by the FIA.

"This is to allow much reduced drag along the straights to improve fuel efficiency and yet retain the downforce required around corners, under braking and under acceleration so as to retain overall lap times. Failsafe design, as used on aircraft, will be mandated."

But more radical than that proposal is one to make it mandatory for the ride height of the car to be adjusted during races to ensure that cars can easily overtake their rivals.

The document added: "A turbulence sensor complete with an aircraft type back up system (for robustness) will be supplied by the FIA.

"When travelling in high turbulence levels such as those generated by the close presence of a leading car, the ride height of the car, both front and rear, must be altered in response to the output of this sensor (within a set range, at a set rate, and with appropriate hysteresis, determined from time to time by the FIA) to compensate for the degradation in performance.

"In free stream the car is to return to a baseline ride height. The purpose is to allow for full compensation for downforce losses due to being in the wake of another car."

As well as the chassis shake-up, the FIA confirmed that work is ongoing in putting together energy efficient engine regulations - which will include energy recovery systems.

The FIA said it believed the most likely future engine will be a 1.3-1.5 litre 4-cylinder, with no rev or energy boost limit.

World Motor Sport Council proposals include:

Engine efficiency

To limit engine power by imposing a maximum energy flow rate. However, there will be few restrictions on the engine cycle, which can include turbo-charging and energy recovery. It is believed that this will lead to a gain of at least 20% in thermal efficiency.

Drag

To allow moving aerodynamic devices, which will reduce drag by over 50% and allow a 40% reduction in the power required to maintain current speeds.

Energy recovery

Energy will be recovered during braking and returned to both front and rear axles when accelerating. The amount of energy returned on each straight will be limited in order to prevent top speeds exceeding the safety criteria for the circuits.

Fuel

The total amount of fuel energy to be consumed during a race will be regulated, encouraging further overall efficiency. The CO2 emitted will be further reduced by the introduction of gasoline which is partly derived from sustainable, non-food bio sources but complies fully with pump fuel legislation.

Overtaking

Formula One cars currently find it very difficult to overtake because of the influence of the car in front. New aerodynamic rules will halve the downforce, and de-sensitise the car to the influence of the wake of the car ahead. It is also proposed to eliminate automatically the downforce deficit of the following car.

Regulations

The best estimates of what these measures will mean in terms of regulations are currently as follows:
• 1.3-1.5 litre, 4-cylinder engine;
• no RPM or boost limit;
• energy flow rate to generate 300kW, including energy recovery from the exhaust;
• 200kW brake energy recovery, front and rear axle;
• 400-600kJ energy return per straight;
• pump-legal bio-fuel;
• FIA specified and supplied undertray and possibly other aerodynamic components;
• 50% 2007 downforce;
• adjustable, regulated wings and cooling;
• automatic downforce adjustment when following another car;
• lap times and top speeds maintained at 2009 levels;
• over 50% reduction in fuel consumed.

Costs

A number of measures to constrain costs are proposed, including:
• standardisation of components;
• homologation of components and assemblies;
• material restrictions;
• extended life of assemblies;
• restrictions on personnel and work at races;
• restrictions on the use of certain facilities (eg wind tunnels).

All these measures will be developed into detailed regulations in close collaboration with the teams and manufacturers.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/60207

--

Are they happy unless they are messing with regulations?

Moving wings sound pretty cool though. Interesting idea, though not all that different to flexi-wings.

Acey

Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:21 am

I think he races really well...but has won at the last two..where he's never driven before.

He has a good car. Yes, he's a heck of a driver, but he's got a great car.

Quoting Legoguy (Reply 9):
I don't think its too bad a circuit.

Nor do I. Maybe it will be better suited to the Ferrari this weekend.
If a man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live. -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

bill142

Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:06 am

Quoting BA757 (Reply 11):
Are they happy unless they are messing with regulations?

No. Max is living in a pipe dream.

You wish although it would be nice, if a driver missed a corner, he'd end up driving off a cliff!

Into a chocolate factory.

sudden
Topic Author

Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:36 pm

Quoting Acey (Reply 12):
I don't think its too bad a circuit.

Nor do I. Maybe it will be better suited to the Ferrari this weekend.

I really like this track as turn 3 and 4 are taken in really high speeds, and the overtaking going in to turn 5 is always nice to watch.

I think RBR will do well this weekend and on this track.

Could not help of thinking about if Kimi would have stayed at Mclaren with Hamilton as team mate. In my mind that would have been something to see as Kimi is more agressive in the car then Alonso. And he doesn't complain like Alonso do. I guess he would just show Hamilton the long finger and go take a shit (Remember Sao Paulo 2006). Big grin

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

Acey

Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:12 pm

Quoting BA757 (Reply 11):
1.3-1.5 litre, 4-cylinder engine; no RPM or boost limit

Are we going to lose our coveted F1 whine?

cornish

Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:58 pm

And what is everybody's take on the Nigel Stepney situation? I'm amazed nobody has commented on it seeing it is the big F1 news story of the moment. It seems there are strange goings on at Ferrari......  confused 
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

bill142

Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:46 pm

Quoting Cornish (Reply 16):
And what is everybody's take on the Nigel Stepney situation? I'm amazed nobody has commented on it seeing it is the big F1 news story of the moment. It seems there are strange goings on at Ferrari

It is a strange saga. There isn't a whole lot coming out, but I'm sure once it goes to court, if it goes to court, it will all be exposed. Sabotage is a fairly drastic action for one to take and I can't see what good a powder in the fuel tank unless there is a lot of it, is gong to do. Only clogging the fuel system. From what I read the incident took place at Monaco, when Stepney has a factory role doesn't make sense to me. Surely there would have been more havoc to be caused by selling internal secrets.

cornish

Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:39 pm

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 17):
It is a strange saga. There isn't a whole lot coming out, but I'm sure once it goes to court, if it goes to court, it will all be exposed. Sabotage is a fairly drastic action for one to take and I can't see what good a powder in the fuel tank unless there is a lot of it, is gong to do. Only clogging the fuel system. From what I read the incident took place at Monaco, when Stepney has a factory role doesn't make sense to me. Surely there would have been more havoc to be caused by selling internal secrets.

It certainly is strange. Classic machiavellian Ferrari politics. Stepney denies it all. He believes he's part of a stitch up. Here in Britain there has been a view that this is all part of a smokescreen and that he is being used as an excuse to explain why Ferrari's new team of people running the show have gone backwards so significantly from last year. This could of course be the tabloids stirring things, but with Ferrari and politics anything is possible....
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

legoguy

Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:08 pm

Bernie to release official biography ( http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=39770 )

The first authorised biography of Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone is to go on sale this autumn.

Might be worth a read when it comes out.
Can you say 'Beer Can' without sounding like a Jamaican saying 'Bacon'?

cornish

Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:20 pm

Quoting Legoguy (Reply 19):
Might be worth a read when it comes out.

Talking of F1 books, the one i really want to get is Christopher Hilton's new book on 1982. For those of you who weren't around or too young to remember that season, it was the most amazing in its history. so many different winners, so many twists and turns and more drama than you could ever imagine today. Put simply if you made a movie of that season, everybody would moan that the plot was too far fetched !! Hilton is a first class writer of F1 books, so this one is surely definitely worth as read.

jamesbuk

Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:29 pm

Quoting Cornish (Reply 20):

http://www.formula1.com/results/season/1982/

Wow your right! Any idea when/where this book will be available?

The erm new rules look interesting, for sure.

Hmm why dont people like Magny-cours? I think its a great track and the french really know how to use their cameras to show the speed of the cars. (different angles etc)

Rgds --James--
You cant have your cake and eat it... What the hells the point in having it then!!!

cornish

Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:48 pm

Quoting Jamesbuk (Reply 21):
Wow your right! Any idea when/where this book will be available?

I believe it is out right now.

The results don't tell anywhere near the whole story. There was the feud between Ferrari team mates Villeneuve and Pironi that ulltimately saw Gilles killed and eventually Pironi have an accident that ended his F1 career. There was the fight between the car manufacturers and the racing teams (and the turbos vs cosworths). Keke Rosberg became world champ with just one win. There was Monaco - one of the craziest races ever that nobody seemed to want to win, the closest finish in history in Austria, Watson's drive from the back of the field in Detroit, Paletti's death, Lauda's comeback, Reutemann's retirement and so much more beside. Really F1 today looks so boring compared to that season !!  Wow!

saintsman

Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:50 pm

I heard this recently on how things have changed:

It used to be that 20 white men chasing a black man was called the Ku Klux Klan.

Now its called Formula 1.

Good on him.

bill142

Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:24 am

Quoting Cornish (Reply 18):
It certainly is strange. Classic machiavellian Ferrari politics. Stepney denies it all. He believes he's part of a stitch up. Here in Britain there has been a view that this is all part of a smokescreen and that he is being used as an excuse to explain why Ferrari's new team of people running the show have gone backwards so significantly from last year. This could of course be the tabloids stirring things, but with Ferrari and politics anything is possible....

Yeah, as if Jean Todt would ever take any responsibility for the teams short comings. All the credit none of the blame.

Quoting Cornish (Reply 20):
For those of you who weren't around or too young to remember that season, it was the most amazing in its history

I wasn't even born in 1982.. nor conceived.

Quoting Saintsman (Reply 23):
I heard this recently on how things have changed:

It used to be that 20 white men chasing a black man was called the Ku Klux Klan.

Now its called Formula 1.

rotfl   rotfl 

That was bad.  rotfl 

Duff44

Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:38 am

maybe on a shortened Le Mans track

The Le Mans-Bugatti circuit hosted the French GP in 1967... the current LM-Bugatti circuit hosts MotoGP, and is either F1 standard already, or very close to it.

I don't think its too bad a circuit. The long 3rd corner is extremely challenging. Although the track does not quite have a full 180 degree hairpin but I guess turn 5 comes close enough.

I think straightening out the runs between 5 & 7 and 9 & 12 would improve things greatly...

I play this track regularly in the game GTR, and I absolutely PWN the hairpin... Big grin
I'll rassle ya for a bowl of bacon!

nosedive

Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:40 am

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 24):

Nor was I. That's it, we're building a time machine. Oh, and when we're in the past, you are not allowed to steal Schumie's go kart. Ralf's go kart... hell, the way he does drive you probably did steal it, and we're just seeing the ill effects of your actions now.

my pix for the weekend:
1. Sato
2. Pizzonia
3. Wilson

ba757

Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:59 pm

Quoting Duff44 (Reply 25):
I play this track regularly in the game GTR

GTR is amazing.

Shame GTR2 doesn't run on full detail on my PC  Sad.

sudden
Topic Author

Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:43 pm

Quoting Nosedive (Reply 26):
my pix for the weekend:
1. Sato
2. Pizzonia
3. Wilson

You got to be dreaming dude!!!!

Naturally Spyker will grab pole and bring home both cars in a 1 and 2 formation in the race!

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

cornish

Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:39 pm

Quoting Nosedive (Reply 26):
Quoting Bill142 (Reply 24):

Nor was I.

mmmmm thanks for making me feel really  old 

cornish

Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:00 pm

And for you youngsters who don't know what real F1 racing is, here is the picture at the finish of the 1982 Austrian Grand Prix when Elio de Angelis in a Lotus beat Keke Rosberg in a Williams in the closest finish in F1 history - if we ignore some of those stage managed team 1-2s.

scbriml

Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:55 pm

Friday first practice times:

1. Kimi Raikkonen (Fin) Ferrari 1:15.382
2. Felipe Massa (Brz) Ferrari 1:15.447
3. Fernando Alonso (Spa) McLaren-Mercedes 1:16.154
4. Nico Rosberg (Ger) Williams-Toyota 1:16.214
5. David Coulthard (GB) Red Bull-Renault 1:16.268
6. Lewis Hamilton (GB) McLaren-Mercedes 1:16.277
7. Nick Heidfeld (Ger) BMW Sauber 1:16.338
8. Alexander Wurz (Aut) Williams-Toyota 1:16.407
9. Robert Kubica (Poland) BMW Sauber 1:16.441
10. Jarno Trulli (Ita) Toyota 1:16.603
11. Vitantonio Liuzzi (Ita) Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:16.895
12. Takuma Sato (Jpn) Super Aguri-Honda 1:16.967
13. Rubens Barrichello (Brz) Honda 1:16.990
14. Jenson Button (GB) Honda 1:17.047
15. Scott Speed (US) Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:17.103
16. Anthony Davidson (GB) Super Aguri-Honda 1:17.166
17. Ralf Schumacher (Ger) Toyota 1:17.168
18. Giancarlo Fisichella (Ita) Renault 1:17.226
19. Heikki Kovalainen (Fin) Renault 1:17.348
20. Mark Webber (Aus) Red Bull-Renault 1:17.435
21. Christijan Albers (Ned) Spyker-Ferrari 1:18.178
22. Adrian Sutil (Ger) Spyker- Ferrari 1:18.419

Hamilton had a problem with the engine protection system on his car.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

BlueElephant

Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:32 pm

2nd Practice just ended......

Surprised by this one...

1. Massa
2. Kimi
3. SPEED
4. Hamilton.

bill142

Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:45 pm

No surprises really, well except for Speed. Qualifying tomorrow should be interesting. Clearly this track suits the Ferrari better then the previous two, and as usual McLaren are strong.

sudden
Topic Author

Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:01 pm

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 33):
Clearly this track suits the Ferrari better then the previous two, and as usual McLaren are strong.

I actually think it is a bit of surprise to not see both Mclaren's up there in any of the sessions, which indicates that Ferrari is fast here, or have in general made the car more competitive.

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

scbriml

Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:22 pm

Full timings from the 2nd session:

1. Massa 1:15.453
2. Raikkonen 1:15.488
3. Speed 1:15.773
4. Hamilton 1:15.780
5. Liuzzi 1:15.952
6. Coulthard 1:15.958
7. Rosberg 1:16.003
8. Alonso 1:16.049
9. Davidson 1:16.162
10. Schumacher 1:16.184
11. Fisichella 1:16.205
12. Kubica 1:16.236
13. Wurz 1:16.260
14. Trulli 1:16.285
15. Button 1:16.395
16. Webber 1:16.562
17. Kovalainen 1:16.735
18. Barrichello 1:16.950
19. Heidfeld 1:16.968
20. Sato 1:17.165
21. Sutil 1:18.213
22. Albers 1:18.708
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Kay

Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:40 pm

Quoting Cornish (Reply 30):
And for you youngsters who don't know what real F1 racing is, here is the picture at the finish of the 1982 Austrian Grand Prix when Elio de Angelis in a Lotus beat Keke Rosberg in a Williams in the closest finish in F1 history - if we ignore some of those stage managed team 1-2s.

Wait wait wait, what happened to Senna beating Mansell at the 1986 Spanish Grand Prix? 0.014 seconds and I was an 11year old rivetted to the screen and not believing it. I think that one was the closest if we ignore the fake ones:

The 80's, so many moments! One thing I remember reading for example, not sure which race, but after being beaten to Pole severalt times by Senna, Prost managed to produce an amazing flying lap. He was so sure of himself that he went out on the grass, sat on a chair and watched Senna desperately trying to beat it, which he couldn't. I've read that in a book about Senna a long while ago... funny.. don't see this today..

Also, Niki Lauda is quite underrated I find. Busy trying to setup his airline, he desperately needs funds, and therefore comes back to F1, and incidently bags a friggin' championship. I've met him quite a few times, he's a gentleman. F1 champion, airline owner (manager of 2), what more could he ask for.

Kay

[Edited 2007-06-29 16:44:05]

nosedive

Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:45 am

Quoting Sudden (Reply 28):

You got to be dreaming dude!!!!

Naturally Spyker will grab pole and bring home both cars in a 1 and 2 formation in the race!

Pfffft... even in a world of ironies, some things never change.

Quoting Cornish (Reply 29):
mmmmm thanks for making me feel really old

any time  Silly

Quoting Cornish (Reply 30):
1982 Austrian Grand Prix when Elio de Angelis in a Lotus beat Keke Rosberg in a Williams in the closest finish in F1 history - if we ignore some of those stage managed team 1-2s.

And you folks wonder why we need youtube videos in the thread starter! There's a commercial break in it, but JESUS! I love these old videos, esp the Long Beach ones. Something about an F1 car sliding around a corner is just plain sexy.

Quoting Scbriml (Reply 35):
3. Speed 1:15.773

Light and probably racing for his job.

BTW, about that 82 Monaco, Cornish. You were right. "NO ONE WANTED TO WIN!"
Anyone else wanna chip in for that time machine?

bill142

Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:44 pm

Quoting Nosedive (Reply 37):
Anyone else wanna chip in for that time machine?

I have a perpetual motion time stopper laying around here somewhere.

B747forever

Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:56 pm

Alonso have engine problem in Q3
Work Hard, Fly Right

B747forever

Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:01 pm

Massa in pole: Yeppi

Hamilton second and Kimi in third.
Work Hard, Fly Right

B747forever

Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:02 pm

Hope alonso change his engine. He will start from last place if he change the engine.
Work Hard, Fly Right

sandrozrh

Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:03 pm

Pfff, Heidfeld fucked it up again.  banghead 

bapilot2b

Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:05 pm

Quoting B747forever (Reply 39):

That just made my day Big grin.

Great come back by Ferrari, and amazingly close Practice and Qualifying! Looking forward to the race, just hope Hamilton can keep his cool.
Jason Nicholls - v1images

B747forever

Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:07 pm

Kubica in good shape after his accident. He maid it to 4th
Work Hard, Fly Right

Duff44

Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:20 pm

Quoting BA757 (Reply 27):
GTR is amazing.

You download & drive the Nordschleife yet? Amazing... Big grin

I've got Le Mans (with and without chicanes), full Monza with the oval, Adelaide, Bathurst, ans scores of other tracks I downloaded...

Quoting B747forever (Reply 39):

motorsport.com is listing it as a gearbox on their rundown... do the 'boxes have to go two races also?

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=259210

Quoting BAPILOT2B (Reply 43):
That just made my day

Let's hope it happens at about 1410 CET tomorrow Big grin
I'll rassle ya for a bowl of bacon!

jamesbuk

Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:26 pm

Quoting Duff44 (Reply 45):
do the 'boxes have to go two races also?

As far as i know, no they dont. If i remember didnt massa have an gearbox change at australia? and he stayed in the position he qualied.

Could be an interesting race, Hamilton has himself in a ferrari sandwich. Lets see what can happen from here!!

Well done to kubica, up to 4th i believe?

Rgds --James--

sandrozrh

Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:31 pm

Quoting Jamesbuk (Reply 46):
Could be an interesting race, Hamilton has himself in a ferrari sandwich. Lets see what can happen from here!!

Wouldn't mind seeing him going out of the race for the first time, that kid has to learn a lesson.

Quoting Jamesbuk (Reply 46):
Well done to kubica, up to 4th i believe?

Yes.

bill142

Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:19 am

Bah... well... I shouldn't complain. Is there something wrong with the water in Spain? First Alonso has a bad qualif and Emirates Team NZ loose their Americas cup race (being held in Valencia). This is probably the first reliability issue for McLaren all season correct?

nosedive

Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:33 am

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 38):
I have a perpetual motion time stopper laying around here somewhere.

Can it be modified?