Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Springbok747
Topic Author

Transformers - The Movie

Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:07 am

Just saw it last night..and I thought it was awesome! It was great to hear the original voice of Optimus Prime, and wow...Bumblebee was pretty cool too. I want that car.

And Megan Fox is smokin' hot...damn Big grin  drool 
http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/04182...allery&path_key=Fox,%20Megan%20(I)
אני תומך בישראל

AirframeAS

RE: Transformers - The Movie

Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:11 am

I dont know what to make of this movie. I plan on seeing it when it hits theatres here in the US 7/4/7. I fear of disappointment going away from the origina Transformers to this one. Seems a bit more violent than the cartoon.

BTW, does anyone know if the producers of this movie used the late Orson Welles' voice in it? He was in the 1986 movie "Transformers: The Movie".
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

stlgph

Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:40 pm

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 1):
I dont know what to make of this movie. I plan on seeing it when it hits theatres here in the US 7/4/7. I fear of disappointment going away from the origina Transformers to this one.

I will probably go see it myself, for sake of curiousity. But alas, I do feel I will be disappointed.

BTW, does anyone know if the producers of this movie used the late Orson Welles' voice in it? He was in the 1986 movie "Transformers: The Movie".

Why would they? Unicron isn't in the movie.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

AirframeAS

Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:46 pm

Quoting STLGph (Reply 2):
Unicron isn't in the movie.

It would have been cool though, you'd have to admit....

KROC

Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:31 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing this, however I'm not happy at the abortion they turned Megatron into.

AirframeAS

Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:13 pm

Quoting KROC (Reply 4):
I'm not happy at the abortion they turned Megatron into.

checkmark  I agree with that.

In one preview, I saw Megatron jumping out of a pool and was about to harm a human infant. That, alone, turned me off and angered me. That kind of violence never happened in the original series.

Had the producers stuck with the original stuff, it probably would have been a much better movie, IMO.

stlgph

Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:06 am

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 5):
In one preview, I saw Megatron jumping out of a pool and was about to harm a human infant. That, alone, turned me off and angered me. That kind of violence never happened in the original series.

i'm not entirely for sure if that's Megatron or not. and the infant wasn't really in trouble. the robot just walks over her. one of the entertainment blogs says that that was Ironhide.

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 3):
I'm looking forward to seeing this, however I'm not happy at the abortion they turned Megatron into.

agreed. apparently he turns into a jet. which takes away from the original fun.

http://www.filmwad.com/ul/868-550x-megatron2.jpg

not only that, but hardly any of them really look like their original selves...

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 3):
It would have been cool though, you'd have to admit....

Unicron was too far along in the original storyline.

AirframeAS

Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:32 am

Quoting STLGph (Reply 6):
not only that, but hardly any of them really look like their original selves...

To Start, In STLGph's reply #6, I didnt say two of the quotes so I cannot take credit for that. As for STLGph's quote above, There is only 1 charactor that looks like his original self: Optimus Prime.

PurdueAv2003

Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:13 pm

I think you have to look at this movie the same way you look at Battlestar Galactica. The basic character elements are carried over, but you can not say that it is a remake of the original. From what I've read so far, the script has a good sci-fi story behind it AND there are enough similarities to G1 personalities to keep us "old" fans happy. I'm looking forward to seeing it. Even though Megs looks different, I still think he will be his same, bad-ass self.

Ptu = Ftu X Anet (not to be confused with a.net)

aussie18

Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:52 pm

I agree with that.

Had the producers stuck with the original stuff, it probably would have been a much better movie, IMO.

I think thats optimus prime when he lands on earth when the others touchdown as well...he lands in pool and young girl goes and see's him as he walks out thinking its tooth fairy,than parents come out and he disappears behind the tree and parents asking what happened to their pool.

9MMAR

Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:02 pm

The movie premiered in Indonesia on 28 June 2007, I watched it on the opening night and again last night. It was a SUPERB movie, the best so far in 2007 in my opinion, passing Spiderman 3, Shrek 3 and Pirates 3 by miles!

I have a lot to say but I don't want to spoil it to those who have yet to watch it, expecially our friends in the US.

Mikaela (Megan Fox) is smoking hot, just as Maggie (Rachael Taylor) and Lennox (Josh Duhamel). But among all the casts, Sam (Shia LeBeouf) simply steal the show. If he manages his career wisely, he may be bigger than Tom Hanks someday.

The robots in this movie are all uber cool. Optimus Prime are with his grand aura as usual but it was Bumblebee who shines and captured my heart. I like that annoying small Decepticon robot who trespassed Air Force One and later on transformed into Mikaela's cellphone too.

And also expect super cool vehicles in this movie, a lot of beautiful cars/SUVs, aircrafts, helicopters and some US warcrafts which I never seen in my whole life. Los Angeles was featured majestically in this movie, a good alternative to New York I supposed. Love the F22s flying/fighting scene above LA's skyscrapers.

It is a long movie, 2 hours 20 minutes but there's not even a second that will left you felt bored about it. The movie's theme song is Linkin Park's "What I've Done" which suits the mood perfectly.

Comments:

Seems a bit more violent than the cartoon.

As someone who grew up in the 80s watching the cartoon, this movie is simply mindblowing and bring new dimention to the Transformers robots. Believe me.

In one preview, I saw Megatron jumping out of a pool and was about to harm a human infant.

That is not Megatron. Megatron crash landed in the Artic Circle thousand of years ago in search of Alspark and in 1934 was transported to Hoover Dam. The robot who landed in the pool is Ironhide. That little girl thought he was the tooth fairy. Ironhide later on transformed into a cool SUV, the same as the one owned by the little girl's father.

The Autobots crash-on-earth scene 'ala-Amageddon-and-Deep Impact' are very cool. All 4 robots crashed like a meteorite in different places in LA and all transformed into the very first human vehicle that captured their attention. I just wondering what will Optimus Prime looks like if what he saw first was a tiny pink Volkwagen Beetle.   

The only violent robot in this movie is just Megatron. He regards all human as 'maggots' and did crushed about 100 people to death. Very inspiring indeed. All the robots including the Autobots regards human as a 'primitive and violent based' race, which somehow true.

I would be so surprise if this movie didn't manage to earned USD 300 million in the US box office and won the Best Special Effect in the 80th Academy Awards early next year. Go and watch this movie. 5 star!!!

[Edited 2007-07-01 15:10:43]

AirframeAS

Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:26 pm

Quoting 9MMAR (Reply 10):
As someone who grew up in the 80s watching the cartoon, this movie is simply mindblowing and bring new dimention to the Transformers robots. Believe me.

I grew up with the cartoon.

copaair737

Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:57 pm

I'll watch it because I was a huge Transformers fan back when I was a kid. It looks like it has good special effects and is getting a ton of hype. So I probably will see it.
Livin' on Reds, Vitamin C, and Cocaine

mt99

Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:37 pm

Saw it last night - it was indeed very very good. Much better than i expected it to be.

It has its flaws - it has very "Micheal Bay" type scenes (ie. cathartic to max - think of the guys in Armageddon walking in front of the sun while the wind blows and music plays) which usually is s huge turn off for me - but in Transformers it was very well balanced with humor all balls-out action. The end seems a bit rushed. Acting was really good too. Shia LeBoeuf is really a good actor.

People were clapping all over the movie - and the you can hear everyone gasping at the cool effects.

It is what it is - a fun popcorn summer movie that allows you to really sit back and enjoy.

I want a pet robot now. I was secretly wishing my Jetta would be standing up after i left the theater.
Step into my office, baby

KROC

Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:39 pm

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 13):
I was secretly wishing my Jetta would be standing up after i left the theater.

Really? I would be secretly wishing my Jetta would be gone after I left the theater so I could go get a real car.  Wink

mt99

Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:49 pm

Quoting KROC (Reply 14):

Really? I would be secretly wishing my Jetta would be gone after I left the theater so I could go get a real car.

Touche.. Hey - if you want to make donations for me to get a "real" car - they are welcome.  Wink
Step into my office, baby

PurdueAv2003

Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:15 am

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 15):
Touche.. Hey - if you want to make donations for me to get a "real" car - they are welcome.  

Stop by your local GM dealer and Transform Your Summer!

Ahhhh....Crap! DAMN YOU GM!!! You're plan to brainwash me by airing a Chevy commercial 20 times during a 30 minute show has succeeded!!! Must buy Cobalt....Must buy Cobalt....

KPDX

Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:37 am

I saw Transformers last night, and overall I was quite impressed! Cool aircraft footage (had to add that cause we're airplane junkies.  Wink)

KPDX  Smile

iamcanadian

Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:37 am

Did anybody else leave the movie half-expecting every passing semi-truck to suddenly turn into a giant alien robot?

I did. It was creepy.
Shut up and calculate.

airtran737

Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:50 pm

I saw it last night and thought that it was freaking awesome!!! Ther only part that I didn't like was when they were on Air Force One. Did anyone notice that when they landed Air Force One was no longer a the 747, but a KC-135? The re-fueling boom stuck out like a sore thumb. Other than that it was a great movie. I am going to go see it at IMAX as well.
Nice Trip Report!!! Great Pics, thanks for posting!!!! B747Forever

AirframeAS

Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:47 pm

On the afternoon/evening of July 4th, every Transformer movie was sold out in the Harkins Theatres at Arizona Mills Mall in Tempe. So I had to settle for Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End.

So maybe next week, I'll go see Transformers.

stlgph

Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:28 am

Speaking of Transformers ... this is great.

It's the "rude awakening of Optimus Prime"

[Edited 2007-07-07 19:29:16]

fxramper

Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:22 am

Saw it yesterday at a theater in ATL with a buddy that I went to college with that is a Kinkos manager now.

Good show. Sweet effects.

You'll like it Gavin. Josh Dumel is in it.  duck 

kappel

Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:47 am

I really liked the movie, but I was a bit disappointed that they focussed more on the humans than on the robots, especially the decepticons (Starscream for example). We know nothing of their personalities from the movie, except Optimus Prime. I was hoping to see Starscream being the weasel he was in the cartoons. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to find my old transformers action figures...
L1011,733,734,73G,738,743,744,752,763,772,77W,DC855,DC863,DC930,DC950,MD11,MD88,306,319,320,321,343,346,ARJ85,CR7,E195

phxplanes

Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:58 am

Quoting AirTran737 (Reply 19):
Ther only part that I didn't like was when they were on Air Force One. Did anyone notice that when they landed Air Force One was no longer a the 747, but a KC-135? The re-fueling boom stuck out like a sore thumb. Other than that it was a great movie.

I noticed that, it was really bad. They did a real good job with the aircraft except for that part.

KROC

Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:15 am

I have to ask. Why the fuck did Megatron have teeth?

RichPhitzwell

Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:34 am

I guess I'm the only one who thought the flick was crap... hurried storyline, the graphics seemed way too busy.
Nonav.com kinda like Whiners except the lights are on and the pimps been paid

tsaord

Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:14 am

I was not a transformers fan before this movie. I have now seen it twice! my cousins are laughing at me now for saying "I am MEGATRON".

My whole theater on 2 occascions were so into this movie. Clapping when Prime introduced himself. I have never been into a movie like this at the theater in a long time. I think my 2 favorites were Ironhide and Megatron.

They made me a fan now. Im going on Youtube to look at the cartoons. Before this movie I didnt know who jazz was but I did NOT like the scene with him and Big Brother Decepticon. That was just not right!

This is a runaway it is enjoying great word of mouth despite the critics. The CGi was GREAT. I little to close at time though.
there are icons, then there are legends, then there is rick flair

Marcus

Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:23 am

I did not like it that much............way too focused on the love story and not more on the robots......CGI was very good but there was overload at some times.............at $10.50 each I do not believe I got my money's worth.
Kids!....we are going to the happiest place on earth...TIJUANA! signed: Krusty the Clown

slider

Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:36 am

Quoting Marcus (Reply 28):
............way too focused on the love story and not more on the robots......

Yeah, but it's Megan Fox!! I'd take ogling her over looking at CGI robots any day of the week and twice on Sundays. Big grin

Marcus

Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:40 am

Quoting Slider (Reply 29):
Yeah, but it's Megan Fox!! I'd take ogling her over looking at CGI robots any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Hehehehehehe.....true, but how about only her then and we get rid of the dumb kid?........on and John Voit's worse on screen acting ever.
Kids!....we are going to the happiest place on earth...TIJUANA! signed: Krusty the Clown

VonRichtofen

Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Quoting PurdueAv2003 (Reply 16):
Ahhhh....Crap! DAMN YOU GM!!! You're plan to brainwash me by airing a Chevy commercial 20 times during a 30 minute show has succeeded!!! Must buy Cobalt....Must buy Cobalt....

Have you seen the movie? It's basically a 2 hour GM commercial with a Transformers theme. The special effects were awesome though.

Kris

dl021

Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:59 pm

Kickass movie with incredibly well rendered CGI robots fighting robots, and Megan Fox is ultra hot.

Who cares about anything else? Excellent expenditure of my entertainment dollars.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

RJdxer

Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:42 pm

Saw it last night and liked and hated it. Was with my 13 year old daughter. Special effects were great, most of the one liners were funny. But sorry, they could have knocked the cuss words down some as well as the sexual innuendo and the movie still would not have lost a thing. Just me I guess. Wish they still made them more like War Games.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever. I'm going to Texas!

northstardc4m

Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:26 am

MY Comments:

Starstream as a Raptor is lame, i mean couldn't they make him an F-15 at least???
Why the heck is Bumblebee a Camero? I mean HELLO??? VW needed in yellow stat!
Where is Hot-rod/Rodimus?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Scorpinox was a bit lame...
WTF were they thinking about Frenzy??? and if he's around WHERE IS SOUNDWAVE?!

Ill leave it at that... as a hard core Transformers fan as a kid, i am satisfied with the movie, the effects are the best yet and the storyline is Transformerish enough, though the first hour could be cut to 20 minutes nicely...

9.5/10

Stupid question though... are we SURE Bumblebee got his legs back?...
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

StarAC17

Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:59 am

Quoting VonRichtofen (Reply 31):

Have you seen the movie? It's basically a 2 hour GM commercial with a Transformers theme. The special effects were awesome though.

Other advertising includes HP, apple, Mountain Dew, the SD card manufacturer, Sony and probably much more, the movie probably broke even from advertising deals and no one had to see it.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

StarAC17

Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:12 am

Did any Family Guy fans think of this clip when they saw the movie:

Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

tsaord

Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:14 pm

Quoting NorthStarDC4M (Reply 34):
Stupid question though... are we SURE Bumblebee got his legs back?...

Rachet can fix them im sure.

I bet other car companies are slapping themselves for nor letting some of their cars be used. Free advertising lol. People want Cameros now lol.

This movie made me a transformers fan. Every transformer will not make it into the movies...so every fanboy will not be pleased.
there are icons, then there are legends, then there is rick flair

futurecaptain

Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:31 pm

Ok, I just saw the movie...

Freakin awesome. After growing up with Transformers I was a little worried, but the movie was great. I can't stop smiling about it, great job they did.
AirSO. ASpaceO. ASOnline. ASO.com ASO. ASO. ASO. ASO. ASO.

slider

Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:17 am

Quoting NorthStarDC4M (Reply 34):
Why the heck is Bumblebee a Camero? I mean HELLO??? VW needed in yellow stat!

Cmon....a VW Bug isn't very manly, hehe...

Besides, it's not GM, hence not included in the 2-hour advertisement for General Motors!

stlgph

Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:29 am

Quoting Futurecaptain (Reply 38):
Freakin awesome. After growing up with Transformers I was a little worried, but the movie was great. I can't stop smiling about it, great job they did.

Double that. I was screaming with delight. And I mean screaming. Kudos!

PurdueAv2003

Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:00 pm

Quoting VonRichtofen (Reply 31):
Have you seen the movie? It's basically a 2 hour GM commercial with a Transformers theme.

I just ignored the GM tie-in and enjoyed the characters and the movie. I'm a die-hard TF fan and was worried the movie might be another steaming pile of Hollywood '80's remake crap; however, this movie was excellent. Besides, show me ANY big Hollywood movie that doesn't have big corporate product placement throughout the production.

Quoting STLGph (Reply 21):
Speaking of Transformers ... this is great.

It's the "rude awakening of Optimus Prime"

If you think that was funny check out this one! Who knew that being a security guard for Cybertron was so tough!

RedArrows

Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:52 am

Absolute fantastic film,great variety of aircraft used,i.e-Blackhawks,Raptors,Hercules,C-17s and more.Bumblebee as the Camaro was a great character i thought,loved the howl from the engine  biggrin  The CGI was amazing,the close ups of Optimus Prime showed such detail you'd almost believe it was real.All this and aload of guns and action made it a great watch  bigthumbsup 

808TWA

Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:10 am

Did no-one notice that Airforce 1 was the 747 (E4-B) while in the air but the close up scenes after landing around the undercarriage/engine area it miraculously changed to a 707 ?
Love is in the air, so practice safe flying

northstardc4m

Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:18 am

Quoting 808TWA (Reply 43):
Did no-one notice that Airforce 1 was the 747 (E4-B) while in the air but the close up scenes after landing around the undercarriage/engine area it miraculously changed to a 707 ?

of course we did... but im so jaded i just got a thought saying... "you f***ers blew it again, wrong plane!!!" and then watched the rest of the movie.
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

socal

Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:16 am

It was a very good movie, Made me feel like a kid again.
I Love HNL.............

KLMA330

Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:04 am

Quoting Iamcanadian (Reply 18):
Did anybody else leave the movie half-expecting every passing semi-truck to suddenly turn into a giant alien robot?

LOL!!! I did.. it was trippy.. got me all wired to, was up till 5 am that morning.

Great flick
 Smile

NYCAASpouse

Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:25 am

Generally I loved this movie.

I have a few probems with it. First, as already mentioned, it was a 2 hour GM commercial. The only none GM car was Barricade and that was a Saleen Mustang. So it's Ford vs. GM all over again.

I think it was BS that Bumblebee was a Camaro. At the very least he ought to have been a VW, and yes a Beetle would have bee a bit "girly" but a Jetta would have been cool.

Lastly, there was a glaring continuity error in the Barricade/Bumblebee chase, which begins in broad daylight, and halfway through is't suddenly dead of night. X-Men Three had the same problem.
Sic Semper Tyrannus

express1

Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:30 am

Quoting Springbok747 (Thread starter):

The dam film critics,didn't give a good right up on this film, i couldn't understand why, perhaps they were all partly blind!!!!
when a good film like this comes out.

dave
David.S cavanagh since 1961,if you can do better,then show me.

sjc4me

Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:01 am

I don't know if its true or not, but I heard that VW denied the use of their vehicles in the movie because they felt it promoted violence. And we all know VWs stand on that, as theres a flower vase in every new Bug.

Also, I agree with the person that said it was more about the humans than the Transformers. Hopefully, someone will remake the movie as it should have been, ala Christopher Nolan's Batman Begins versus the silly Joel Schumacher ones.
Unable.