Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

plateman
Topic Author

What Do Your License Plates Look Like?

Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:04 pm

Since A.netters are from around the world, why don't we share what we see every day, license plates. Show a picture of the ones where you are from and explain what the numbering means, since some of these countries have unique numbering schemes.

I saw this on a different site and it was really neat.

-Brian

plateman
Topic Author

Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:07 pm

I'll start also add IMO that North American plates are better then Europe since they have pictures, not just a band of stars. Although the EU stars are important, the plates are booooring.

Mine are-

My home state is NY. These are our new plates which I hate. They have no numbering scheme at all. The old plates in the three letter/three number style used to be broken into counties by the first letter. i.e. N was Nassau, R was Richmond (Staten Island)

I go to school in DC, so I see these alot as well, don't know of the numbering here

fxramper

Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:07 pm

I drive a fast car.

mhodgson

Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:13 pm

The year identifier is weird, though - between 2001 and 2009, we use a zero followed by the last digit of the year for cars registered between March and August, and between September and February use a five followed by the last digit of the year.

When we get to 2010, we will use 1 followed by the last number of the year in the March-August half of the period, which makes perfect sense. However, between September and February will use a number 6 followed by the years last digit. It seems a little confusing and pointless to be honest - why not just update the plates annually like we used to do with the old format!

The pre-2001 format was a letter (excluding I, Q and Z), which identified the year, followed by three numbers and then three letters, the last two of which were regional identifiers. A plate with a 'Q' prefix occurs when the vehicle has previously been taken off the road, and so is fairly common on heritage vehicles which have spent a while in storage or scrapyards.

Springbok747

Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:25 pm

This is the style of the plate I have.

The others are:

The numbers really dont mean anything..they're computer generated. However we can get personalized and custom number plates also...cost around US$ 120.

mdsh00

Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:43 pm

basically Cars and SUVs have: 1 number, 3 letters, and then 3 more numbers. In general it is all sequential which probably started at 1AAA000, and that was many years ago. Pickups on the other hand have 1 number, 1 letter, and then 5 more numbers.

Of course there are the vanity ones like the 9/11 one, Arts, Kids, UCLA, ocean wildlife, and thats about it. Not a whole lot compared to some other states, but they are generally pretty nice and also allow for a few symbols like hearts.

Edit:

The top three and the last one aren't issued anymore, although there is a modern version of the olympics plate, even though it's got nothing to do with the 1984 olympics.

My favorite one is the Arts plate and IMO should be the standard plate.

[Edited 2007-07-03 08:50:58]

AirTranTUS

Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:48 pm

The old plate:

The current plate (switch made in late 90's):

The major change was it went from 3 letters - 3 numbers to 3 numbers - 3 letters, all random. The first picture is an oddity.

PipoA380

Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:56 pm

Mine looks like that. There are 26 states in Switzerland (named "cantons"), and the 2 letters are for that state. Mine is Vaud (VD). BElow is a number, from 1 up to 650'000 in Zurich or to 50'000 in small states like Appenzell.

Note the V at the end, used to be for rental vehicles. Mine simply doesn't have this V.

LTU932

Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:07 pm

Costa Rica (the latter one may not be very up to date):

Germany Civil (the first two are regular ones, the last one is for historical cars, hence the H at the end):

Germany Military and foreign Diplomatic (the first one is the German Armed Forces registration with the Y, the one with the X is for cars based at NATO HQ, and the last one is one of the diplomatic plates):

L410Turbolet

Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:09 pm

Top left - regular license plate. Each region has its own letter. E.g. A-Prague, S-Central Bohemia, etc. see map below
Middle left - green letters - special l.p. for vintage cars
Bottom left - red letters - I don't really know - rental cars used to have l.p. with red letters but not anymore
Top right - license plates for diplomats
Middle right - Temporary l.p. (e.g. while transferring a car from one country to another)
Bottom right - special license plates for heavy machinery, tractors, etc.

LTU932

Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:19 pm

Quoting L410Turbolet (Reply 9):
Bottom left - red letters - I don't really know - rental cars used to have l.p. with red letters but not anymore

Maybe those are similar to the licence plates you get when you take a car from the dealer for a testride prior to the purchase or lease.

L410Turbolet

Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:31 pm

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 10):
Maybe those are similar to the licence plates you get when you take a car from the dealer for a testride prior to the purchase or lease.

They used to be same as the ones for vintage cars, only with "F". I don't think the one with red letters is a legal license plate because for example no Czech legal license plate of any format has more than one letter and definitely no letters on the right side (from the green emission and red "TUV" stickers).

DABZF

Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:00 pm

License Plates from Finland:
Now a days you can not any more tell by the registration from which part of the country car is from - we used to use the first letter to identify the province.

Format of the license plate is 2 or 3 letters and 1-3 numbers

On trailers the first letter is exclusively either "P" (old) or "W" (new).

Historic vehicles has a black background

saxdiva

Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:17 pm

This is pretty much what mine looks like:

Yep, vanity number and everything. I'm nothing if not narcissistic.

BCNGRO

Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:44 pm

Cool thread

Catalan plates  Smile

You can get a fine if you drive with these out of catalonia in the rest of spain  Sad because they are not "legal" (the only legal plates in Spain are the ones with the "E") but it's ok as long as you drive in catalonia because catalan police won't give fines because of that.

aa757first

Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:03 pm

Not very original, huh?

But better than the old one. I'm not sure when this one was replaced, but I don't think it was all that long ago. Maybe about seven to ten years ago.

We also have a huge number of special license plates. Just a few of them:

Almost every major college in Pennsylvania has a special license plate.

I don't think the letters/numbers mean anything. On a standard license plate, its three letters followed by four numbers.

oly720man

Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:13 pm

In the UK there are also

diplomatic plates that are 3 numbers 'X' three numbers, e.g. 191X234

Custom/personalised/vanity plates, .e.g MUS1C, COM1C, S1NGH dating from pre 2001 and more recently there are plates like MU51CAL. Plates have to conform to the standard laid down, i.e. 2 letters, 2 numbers (at the moment) 3 letters so unless the plate already exists in a non standard format I don't think you can invent it.

People like their cars so you see lots of VW beetles with BUG in the registration, for example, or 5AXO for the Citroen Saxo.

Once the car is registered then you own the registration plate and can sell it. There are auction sites and other dealers who do this.

And if you've got more money than sense, or are called Mr Singh.... and actually believe that someone has this registration before it gets issued in September....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MR-SINGH-NUMBE...0QQitemZ230146918282QQcmdZViewItem

plateman
Topic Author

Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:25 pm

Thanks everyone so far for posting, I really like the thread and plates

Quoting Springbok747 (Reply 4):
This is the style of the plate I have.

I never realized Australia had designs. The South Australia plate I have for collection is boring like some European.

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 8):
Germany Civil

What are the little symbols on the plate for?

Quoting Oly720man (Reply 16):
In the UK there are also

My new residence is in Kensington, diplomatic area and I see so many of these plates, usually driving erratically.

plateman
Topic Author

Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:27 pm

Actually, one other question

Quoting Oly720man (Reply 16):
Once the car is registered then you own the registration plate and can sell it. There are auction sites and other dealers who do this.

So is it look of the draw who gets the good plates and can make a fortune?

melpax

Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:58 pm

Quoting Springbok747 (Reply 4):

Victorian plates are very similar

Standard issue

Euro-style plates ($395 for standard issue $695 for personal!!)

Government vehicle plates

Special issue

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/NR/rdonlyres/B002EBE1-5957-4D32-95B4-0EBEC558D489/0/EssendonBombers.jpg

oly720man

Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:59 pm

Quoting PlateMan (Reply 18):
So is it look of the draw who gets the good plates and can make a fortune?

Historically, yes, but the DVLA who issue the plates are now wise to this and keep back any "goodies" that they then sell on their own site so they make their profits. In the good old days, i.e. when there were very few cars, the registrations were just a letter and number then maybe 2 and 2 and then 3 letters and up to 3 numbers, so you can get people like Alan Sugar (apprentice fame) who has AMS1 (I think), a long ago registration plate. Manchester University used to have a car with the registration ONE 1.

The MR57NGH being advertised on ebay, link above, is likely to be one such plate that the DVLA will hold back.

http://www.dvla-som.co.uk/home/

In fact, someone has already got it, though a Ms Singh can have MS57NGH for £4000.

MU57CAL (musical) is still there if anyone wants to speculate £2600

MD11Engineer

Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:01 pm

Quoting PlateMan (Reply 17):
Germany Civil

What are the little symbols on the plate for?

You mean the round and hexagonal stickers?

The round silver (or white) sticker with the state coat of arms is the official seal which makes the number plate valid. You can go to a number plate maker at any time and buy any plate you like, but only with those seals they become official. The seals are made in a way that they get damaged if you try to remove them (e.g. to put them on another plate) and get put on by the vehicle registration office.

The orange (or green), round sticker is found on the rear plate and shows when the technical road safety inspection expires (Every two years for cars, every year for heavy trucks). The colour changes every year, so that a cop can see right away if you are legal.

The hexagonal sticker on the front plate shows the expiration of the enviromental pollution test (due every year). It is also colour coded, like the road worthiness (TUV) sticker on the rear plate.

If you move your car permanently to another town or county (Landkreis), you'll have to reregister your car there. When doing this you'll receive a new number plate.
The first one to three letters on a German number plate mark the city or county (e.g. B for Berlin, HH for Hansestadt Hamburg (Hanseatic city Hamburg), H= Hannover, COC = Landkreis Cochem/Zell at the Mosel River, it is a combination of 1 to 3 letters, the longer the designation, the less important the place you live in. Behing the dash follows a random combination of 1-3 letters and 1-4 numbers. Certain combinations of letters, like SS, SA, NS are banned due to historical connotations, others are not used due to the possibility of mixups, like letter I and number 1.
Official government vehicles use a combination of letters before the dash (either the code for the city / county, or special codes which show the service, usually federal, e.g. Y for the general military, X for NATO, THW for Civil Defense heavy rescue units, BP for federal police, Z for federal customs) plus only numbers behind the dash, no letters.
The lettering can appear in three colours: Standard is black on white background. Red on white background means a temporary number plate, e.g. for bringing the car to the registration office after buying it new and for test drives.
Green on white are tax exempted vehicles for building, farming and forestry, like tractors or construction machinery.
They are also permitted to use tax free red dyed diesel.

Jan

Edit for typos and clarification

[Edited 2007-07-03 12:21:57]

[Edited 2007-07-03 12:24:04]

plateman
Topic Author

Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:10 pm

Quoting Oly720man (Reply 20):
Historically, yes, but the DVLA who issue the plates are now wise to this and keep back any "goodies" that they then sell on their own site so they make their profits.

Interesting, smart government, thanks for sharing

Quoting MD11Engineer (Reply 21):
You mean the round and hexagonal stickers?

Thanks Jan for such a through answer!

-Brian

vhqpa

Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:13 pm

Queensland, Australia

format is NNN-LLL reversed from most other Australian states

Bottom says either "Queensland - Sunshine State" or "Queensland The Smart State"

theres also an older version with Green Digits opposed the Maroon shown below

we also have a number of personal plates available at a premium price.

Euro Plate

Rugby Supporters plate available in 3 teams (Cowboys, Broncos, Titans)

Destination plate (available in Cairns, Townsville, Mackay, Outback, Whitsundays, Gladstone, Sunshine Coast, Brisbane, Gold Coast)

Coloured plates available in a variety of colours

J

*EDITED NUMEROUS TIMES TO FIX IMAGE LINKS*

[Edited 2007-07-03 12:36:11]

[Edited 2007-07-03 12:39:30]

[Edited 2007-07-03 12:41:26]

Braybuddy

Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:15 pm

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/Braybuddy/untitled1-3.jpg

We ran out of numbers in the old system, inherited from the British, in 1986, so a new one had to be devised. The current system is very simple, and can last until 2086. After that all we need is a reversal of the numbers to keep us going for another 100 years.

In the number plate above, the first two digits are the year of registration; next to that is the code for the licencing authority (single letters denote a city (D = Dublin, C = Cork, G = Galway, L = Limerick, W= Waterford, and a two letter code for counties, usually consisting of the first and last letter of the county's name, eg WW = Wicklow, KE = Kildare, CE = Clare, LH = Louth [Lufthansa employees would love that one], KY (!) = Kerry, and so on. There are a few anomalies where two counties have the same first and last letters so they use other letters from the name (WX = Wexford, KK = Kilkenny). Irish speakers, who are a very influential minority, kicked up a storm over the English names being used for the counties, so in 1991 were granted the concession of the county's or city's name being included in Irish, which you can barely see in the top centre of the plate.

The last digits are issued in sequence to vehicles registered in each licencing authority each year, and can contain up to six digits. So it's easy to identify where a car comes from and (if you keep an eye on numbers) almost exactly how old it is. So it would be obvious to any Garda that my own car above was licenced in the summer of 2006 in Wicklow, just by looking at the number.

LOT767-300ER

Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:17 pm

Like this:

I may trade it for an A55 ORGY

Banco

Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:28 pm

Quoting BCNGRO (Reply 14):
You can get a fine if you drive with these out of catalonia in the rest of spain because they are not "legal" (the only legal plates in Spain are the ones with the "E")

Really? In the UK you can perfectly legally have alternatives to the EU stars on the number plate. In fact, it's pretty rare to see the EU stars on a UK plate - certainly in comparison to the rest of Europe. But you can have the Union Flag with GB on it, ENG with the cross of St George, SCO with the saltire, WAL with the dragon or NIR with the cross.

Essentially, when the government legalised the EU stars (and that didn't happen long ago) they also legalised a whole raft of other options. Most people don't bother with anything, in truth.

Braybuddy

Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:46 pm

Quoting Banco (Reply 26):
But you can have the Union Flag with GB on it, ENG with the cross of St George, SCO with the saltire, WAL with the dragon or NIR with the cross.

Just like a.net, then!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/Braybuddy/DSCF2083.jpg

I believe in Spain they have abolished the city identifying code because of theft, but can some Spanish memeber on here explain the above number? It's very odd, to say the least.

cornish

Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:48 pm

In fact, it's pretty rare to see the EU stars on a UK plate - certainly in comparison to the rest of Europe.

You'll hate me for saying this but I have the EU stars and a GB underneath on my plate on my car (and the last one)...

Still at least it saves the hassle of sticking those nasty big stickers on the car boot that never come off properly when you go abroad any more  Smile

But you can have the Union Flag with GB on it, ENG with the cross of St George, SCO with the saltire, WAL with the dragon or NIR with the cross

I'm thinking a white cross on a black background with KER written underneath for mine  Wink

LOT767-300ER

Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:49 pm

I dont think thats weird.

Read here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_car_licence_plates

"The new system (September 2000) is the same nationwide, and consists of four digits followed by three letters (except vowels, which are not permitted to avoid possibly impolite words), for example 8291 BDF. The letter code is sequential (from BBB to DZZ, FBB to HZZ, JBB to NZZ, PBB to PZZ, RBB to TZZ, and VBB to ZZZ - A, E,I, O,Q and U are not used) and the numbers go from 0000 to 9999 within the same three-letter combination. In this system there is no way of knowing where the car was registered. The letter code gives a rough idea about when the vehicle was registered and made."

Braybuddy

Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:06 pm

Quoting LOT767-300ER (Reply 29):
I dont think thats weird.

Mabye not weird, but certainly unusal to start counting at 0000. Interesting, and I haven't seen that anywhere else before.

Also interesting is "The provincial system was susceptible to problems with regional rivalries, that caused trouble for motorists travelling out of their provinces or trying to sell second-hand their vehicles". We've had a similar problem here with secondhand cars. Dubliners are very attached to their D plates and, particularly on account of Gaelic football rivalry, don't particularly like buying one with a reg from one of the bordering counties. So, for someone like me, who lives just over the Dublin/Wicklow border, can find it more difficult to trade-in in the city, where most of the salesrooms are.

It's not impossible, but sometimes salesrooms are reluctant to take a WW, KE or MH reg on their books.

[Edited 2007-07-03 13:40:05]

LOT767-300ER

Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:16 pm

Quoting Braybuddy (Reply 30):
Also interesting is "The provincial system was susceptible to problems with regional rivalries, that caused trouble for motorists travelling out of their provinces or trying to sell second-hand their vehicles". We've had a similar problem here with secondhand cars. Dubliners are very attached to their D plates and, particularly on account of Gaelic football rivalry, don't particularly buying one with a reg from one of the bordering counties. So, for someone like me, who lives just over the Dublin/Wicklow border, can find it more difficult to trade-in in the city, where most of the salesrooms are.

It's not impossible, but sometimes salesrooms are reluctant to take a WW, KE or MH reg on their books.

Easily fixable by just following the American way. You keep the damn plate with you, not with the damn car. Then you can have whatever the hell you damn well please  Silly

Banco

Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:24 pm

Quoting Cornish (Reply 28):
You'll hate me for saying this but I have the EU stars and a GB underneath on my plate on my car (and the last one)...

Not really. But it's true that you don't see too many of them. One car salesman I talked to said that they don't supply those unless people ask for them, because having just clinched a sale, the last thing they want is for said customer to go on a rant and refuse to take the car unless they're removed. So to play safe they just put standard plates on with no symbols.

rammstein

Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:30 pm

Similar to the following:

In the right part you will find the registration year and the province, in this case BZ = Bolzano.

Braybuddy

Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:32 pm

Quoting LOT767-300ER (Reply 31):
Easily fixable by just following the American way. You keep the damn plate with you, not with the damn car.

Heaven's above! That would never happen, people love the current system. In six months time there'll be a flood of new 08 registrations on the road, with people showing off their brand new cars.

KaiGywer

Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:47 pm

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y84/kaigywer/Nfld-drunk.jpg

Here is a sample of the plate on my car:

BCNGRO

Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:55 pm

Really? In the UK you can perfectly legally have alternatives to the EU stars on the number plate. In fact, it's pretty rare to see the EU stars on a UK plate - certainly in comparison to the rest of Europe. But you can have the Union Flag with GB on it, ENG with the cross of St George, SCO with the saltire, WAL with the dragon or NIR with the cross.

Essentially, when the government legalised the EU stars (and that didn't happen long ago) they also legalised a whole raft of other options. Most people don't bother with anything, in truth.

There has never been a choice in Spain. Before the EU stars and the E, you got your province code + 5 numbers + two letters. When the government introduced the E with the stars, there was a debate on whether to allow other regional alternatives but, apparently, someone thought showing names like Catalonia or Basque Coutry directly under the EU stars could get some people’s imagination running so they decided to stick with the E for everybody.

[Edited 2007-07-03 14:13:19]

cornish

Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:09 pm

Quoting Banco (Reply 32):
But it's true that you don't see too many of them. One car salesman I talked to said that they don't supply those unless people ask for them, because having just clinched a sale, the last thing they want is for said customer to go on a rant and refuse to take the car unless they're removed. So to play safe they just put standard plates on with no symbols.

I think all of them from my dealer gets supplied with them. to be honest i'm seeing more and more of them now on new cars. I don't think they are that hated - although my brother is not speaking to me because of them - or at least i think that's the reason he's not speaking to me....  Wink

Banco

Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:22 pm

Quoting Cornish (Reply 37):
to be honest i'm seeing more and more of them now on new cars.

Funny you say that, because I think I'm seeing fewer. There used to loads of them a couple of years ago, and now I don't seem to see as many.

I don't think they are that hated

No, I don't either. But given the choice, most people seem to say no.

airbusA346

Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:34 pm

I have also noticed a lot of new cars don't get the EU stars number plates.

Our last four cars haven't had them on, they have just been the plain number plates. The last time we had a car which had the stars on must have been about 1 3/4 ago when my brother got rid of his 306 and replaced it with a Mini, and the number plates on the 306 weren't even original, they were from Halfords.

Tom.

MD11Engineer

Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:36 pm

Quoting Cornish (Reply 28):
Still at least it saves the hassle of sticking those nasty big stickers on the car boot that never come off properly when you go abroad any more Smile

In Germany, you can still get the old plates as well, but then you'll need the oval shaped nationality sticker on your car if you want to drive abroad.

Quoting BCNGRO (Reply 36):
There has never been a choice in Spain. Before the EU stars and the E, you got your province code + 5 numbers + two letters. When the government introduced the E with the stars, there was a debate on whether to allow other regional alternatives but, apparently, someone thought showing names like Catalonia or Basque Coutry directly under the EU stars could get some people�s imagination running so they decided to stick with the E for everybody.

In the old days it was funny, because with a German Berlin number plate, people in Spain would, on first glance, think that you were from Barcelona.  Smile

Jan

andz

Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:11 pm

http://www.answers.com/topic/list-of-south-african-number-plates

The number plate gives no indication to the year of registration

You can also get free text personalised plates in most provinces, 1 to 7 characters plus the province code. These are mine on my car and my motorcycle.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/andzz/IMG_1549.jpg

tz757300

Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:31 pm

Well, in DE, we an all number license plate system. Only time letters are used are in special plates and vanity plates. Its odd here because Delawarians love their plates. If you have a lower number plate, you are "better." We had a one plate of #33 go for $75,000 at auction couple weeks ago.

But anyway...

Here's mine, nothing special, regular plate.

This is one you see often, a PC plate. It denotes a passenger carrier, but that is a loosly followed term

And some other ones

BHXFAOTIPYYC

Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:47 pm

NIR with the cross

The red hand of Ulster one is not permited.

Quoting Braybuddy (Reply 27):
I believe in Spain they have abolished the city identifying code because of theft, but can some Spanish memeber on here explain the above number? It's very odd, to say the least.

Correct, they have a national system now. It started at 0000 AAA and will run to 9999 ZZZ I believe.

I have to say I think ours are pretty uninteresting, and unlike the UK, we're stuck with the crappy ring of stars...:

This system started in 92 as 00 00 AA and ended 99 99 ZZ, the 00 AA 00

In 97 they added the month and year or first registration to combat age "adjustment" from imported vehicles

FOMEA

Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:53 pm

New Michigan License plate.

Regards
F-OMEA

777-200

Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:45 am

Ohio

QANTASforever

Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:48 am

New South Wales:

QFF

captaink

Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:59 am

Plate from the State of Aguascalientes, Mexico.

What does the letters and numbers mean? I don't know.

ShyFlyer

RE: What Do Your License Plates Look Like?

Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:08 am

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 35):
Here is a sample of the plate on my car:

New Mexico recently came out with a similar one:

I'll be getting one when my Tribute's registration is due for renewal here in a couple of months.

Here are the plates for New Mexico:

The two plates on the bottom are the current general issue. Which plate you are issued is apparently random, though requests for the balloon style (right) are honored.

Some of the others available:

Children's Trust Fund:

available for motorcycles as well:

Collegiate Plates:

University of New Mexico

New Mexico State University

This is a revised plate, the previous one being based on the Ballone Plate scheme and featuring the schools mascot.

New Mexico Tech

Firefighter Plates:
Issued only to currently employed firefighters.

Military Plates:
I won't post pictures of them all, because there are a lot of them. Here is a list:
Medal of Honor
Purple Heart
Disabled Veteran
Prisoner of War
Armed Forced Veteran
National Guard (current members only)
Pearl Harbor Survivor
This is a new one that I just found out about recently:
Active Duty Plate - or a fee of twenty-seven ($27.00) dollars, which shall be in addition to the regular motor vehicle registration fees, a motor vehicle owner who is an Active Duty uniform service member may apply for the issuance of a special Active Duty registration plate.

Share with Wildlife
http://www.tax.state.nm.us/pubs/wildlife.jpg

Fraternal Order of Police

Emergency Medical Technicians

Spay and Neuter

Organ Donor
http://www.tax.state.nm.us/pubs/nmorgandonor.jpg

Route 66

More details @ http://www.tax.state.nm.us/pubs/specplat.htm

mdsh00

RE: What Do Your License Plates Look Like?

Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:11 am

Quoting Aa757first (Reply 15):

I think it's annoying when states put their website on their license plates. Florida being the worst offender.