Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Sabena332
Topic Author

T-Mobile And Their Ridiculous Customer Service

Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:45 pm

Yesterday evening I got told that T-Mobile currently offers the Sony Ericsson W880i phone for only 4.95 EUR together with a very attractive call plan (100 free minutes every month for only 28 EUR). I need a new mobile phone anyway so I decided to call the T-Mobile customer hotline to extend my contract with them at further two years yesterday night when I came home.

It was 1:50 AM or so and I called them 7 times, every single time I got kicked out of the line after a waiting time of 6 or 7 minutes, the reason: "No service agent available". WTF??? How many people are working there in the night, only one or two? This is completely unacceptable in my opinion, a customer service hotline should be reachable way quicker. What if my mobile phone was stolen and I had called to lock the SIM card? No question that I won't extend my contract with T-Mobile after this experience!

I've never made a similar experience with any customer service hotline, even Deutsche Bahn and Lufthansa are faster than the T-Mobile guys.

Anyone else made similar experience with a customer service hotline?

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

aloges

RE: T-Mobile And Their Ridiculous Customer Service

Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:55 pm

Quoting Sabena332 (Thread starter):

Telekom and customer service? You must be joking! I did the whole mobile phone stuff jamboree for my father (one contract and one prepaid phone, both on T-Mobile) when he decided to switch to a different provider... just to view your account status online, if you have an old paper-only contract and a T-Online identity, you have to fill in a handful of forms, navigate your way through T-Com, T-Mobile and T-Online web pages and then link them all together. Great... I thought the customer number and address were going to be enough, not quite then!

After one of my calls to CS, during which the agent had been very knowledgeable, friendly and helpful, I made a point of telling her she was the first Telekom CS agent ever that I was actually pleased with. It is that bad.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

LH423

Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:11 am

I always found T-Mobile in the US to have good customer service through their call centres. I've never had to wait more than a few minutes to speak to someone (after pressing '1' for English, of course  cheeky  Wink and I found their staff to be efficient and knowledgeable.

I have a friend who had AT&T Wireless (the original AT&T, not the "new" AT&T. Confused yet?) and she waited 35 minutes on hold to speak to someone. So we went to the AT&T Wireless store assuming that they have a direct line to the call centre. Nope. We waited ANOTHER 30 minutes on hold at the store. I had heard about the awful customer service at AT&T wireless, but to see it first hand was impressive. I don't know if that's improved since it became Cingular (and now the "new" AT&T) but after that I was EXTREMELY happy I went with Voicestream (which became T-Mobile).

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

ThePRGuy

Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:23 am

Quoting LH423 (Reply 2):

Only 30minutes? One sunday i was onhold to Orange UK for about an hour and forty minutes.

Alex
Heathrow has been described as the only building site to have its own airport.

KaiGywer

Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:29 am

Quoting LH423 (Reply 2):
I always found T-Mobile in the US to have good customer service through their call centres. I've never had to wait more than a few minutes to speak to someone (after pressing '1' for English, of course and I found their staff to be efficient and knowledgeable.

It's funny, cause that's my experience here as well. T-Mobile USA rules  Smile
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

Sabena332
Topic Author

Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:36 am

Quoting ThePRGuy (Reply 3):
One sunday i was onhold to Orange UK for about an hour and forty minutes.

What???  Wow! This is even more ridiculous!

Quoting Aloges (Reply 1):
Telekom and customer service? You must be joking!

You're right, T-Online is not really better.

A friend of me is Arcor customer and he told me that the phone rings only two or three times until he can speak with a real human and not with a computer, not bad!

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

ThePRGuy

Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:39 am

Quoting Sabena332 (Reply 5):
What???   This is even more ridiculous!

Yep. But I love Orange, I love my contract and I love the way they deal with you when they finally get you through to an adviser. Plus I'm now on the list of people that pay over £150/month etc so I have to wait no longer than 10 minutes to get through these days.

Alex

JAL777

Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:23 am

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 4):
T-Mobile USA rules

I too have T-Mobile USA and have found their customer service to be fantastic.  Smile

BCAL

Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:26 am

Don’t get me started on bad experiences with customer service hotlines!

By far the worst that I have encountered are, in no particular order, Lloyds TSB Bank, Virgin Media and Prudential Assurance.

If you phone the Lloyds TSB number in the telephone book or the number shown on a statement or letter, chances are that you call is routed to their call centre somewhere like Bangalore. Usual recorded answer “calls might be monitored for training etc” and then the usual options. Response time is usually quick but often the customer service agents have little knowledge of the products and services offered by the bank. Just like the sketches on Little Britain, the computer is God. If computer says no, then that’s it. No arguments. My office overlooks the local branch and I asked to be put through to their Brighton Branch. “We not have branch at Brighton” is often the reply, to which I say they do and I am looking at it!

I have had terrible problems with Virgin Media. I have broadband, cable TV, landline and mobile phone with them and had to contact four different departments regarding my change of address. "Moving is simple" says Virgin's literature, and "One call to us and all will be sorted". Despite the fact that the people moving out at the new address already had Virgin Media in place, the CSAs first told me that the address to which I was moving did not exist. Total time spent on the phone, including waiting, to ensure everything for the move was in place, was 4 hours 22 minutes. But that was not the end of the story. Virgin then sent me a letter claiming that I had unreturned equipment and unless arrangements were made to return it, my details would be passed to a credit agency. Called the number only to get a message they were only open weekdays from 9 until 5 and that I must call back after which they hung up. Called first thing on Monday. Usual recorded message and put on hold whilst “soothing” music was played. The music was piercing loud, particularly after the “your call is in the queue and will be answered as soon as possible” message. I must have damaged an ear drum which I assumed was their objective so I would hang up. I put the call on the speaker and waited. And waited. Gave up after 55 minutes. Tried again the next day with the same result. The next day I waited 45 minutes and finally a human answered. By this time I was so annoyed and unfortunately took my anger out on the CSA saying that Virgin was a faceless, over-charging entity. She promptly put me back on hold! I sent 72 emails instead. Finally got a reply after 21 days.

If the CSAs at Prudential do not understand you, or know the answer to your question, their training manual must say, “Put the customer back on hold and chances are they will hang up after a while” It happened to me several times that I then pleaded with the CSA not to put me on hold. I might as well have spoken to a brick wall – there would have been a better chance of a reply.
MOL on SRB's latest attack at BA: "It's like a little Chihuahua barking at a dying Labrador. Nobody cares."

PhilGil

Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:32 am

Quoting LH423 (Reply 2):
I always found T-Mobile in the US to have good customer service through their call centres. I've never had to wait more than a few minutes to speak to someone (after pressing '1' for English, of course and I found their staff to be efficient and knowledgeable.

It's funny, cause that's my experience here as well. T-Mobile USA rules

I concur. I have been with T-Mobile for several years (since their acquisition of Voicestream Wireless) and their customer service in the U.S. is superb – fast, courteous and knowledgeable.

LOT767-300ER

Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:44 am

Yesterday evening I got told that T-Mobile currently offers the Sony Ericsson W880i phone for only 4.95 EUR together with a very attractive call plan (100 free minutes every month for only 28 EUR).

100 minutes for 28EUR?  rotfl   rotfl  I get 1000 free minutes unlimited weekends and nights for $40/34EUR and add to that unlimited SMS/MMS for $12/9EUR per month (grandfathered in) all on TMobile USA

You better believe its the only German product I use  Smile

AirframeAS

Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:50 am

I LOVE my Sidekick 2. When I have problems, I never call. I just go to the T-Mo store.
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

Sabena332
Topic Author

Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:54 am

Quoting LOT767-300ER (Reply 10):
100 minutes for 28EUR?

The good thing is that these 100 minutes are valid for calls into every net, usually you pay rip-off prices for calls from T-Mobile to Vodafon or E-Plus and vv.

I think I'll switch to Base now, you pay 20 EUR/month and get unlimited calls and SMS to E-Plus/Base and the German landline network. Fits perfect since most of my friends are Base/E-Plus customers.

Amazing that T-Online offers so great customer service in the USA, here in Germany they simply suck!

P.

LH423

Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:25 am

Quoting LOT767-300ER (Reply 10):
100 minutes for 28EUR?

Canada is the same way. For Rogers wireless their plan with 150+50 bonus minutes and unlimited nights/weekends starting at 18:00 is $37 plus a monthly $6.95 network access fee and $0.50/month for 9-1-1. So $44/month for 200 minutes a month. With T-Mobile in the states I was getting 1000 minutes plus unlimited nights and weekends for $39,99.

The US, in terms of wireless communications, is way ahead of Canada.

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

mdsh00

Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:35 am

Quoting LH423 (Reply 13):
The US, in terms of wireless communications, is way ahead of Canada.

So I have heard too. My Canadian friends were amazed that nationwide calling and things like free nights and weekends, and free in-network calling are pretty much standard here.

I don't have and never had T-mobile but I'm impressed with the customer serivce I get from Verizon.

TACAA320

Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:50 am

It's funny, cause that's my experience here as well. T-Mobile USA rules

Quoting PhilGil (Reply 9):
I concur. I have been with T-Mobile for several years (since their acquisition of Voicestream Wireless) and their customer service in the U.S. is superb – fast, courteous and knowledgeable.

I find T Mobile's customer service alsogreat. I have it for more than a year, and I don't have the intention to quit for another carrier.
'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind'. Albert Einstein

ThePRGuy

Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:14 am

Quoting Sabena332 (Reply 12):
The good thing is that these 100 minutes are valid for calls into every net, usually you pay rip-off prices for calls from T-Mobile to Vodafon or E-Plus and vv.

Aren't US calls any network? They are in the UK.
I get 900 minutes and Unlimited texts on my Orange contract for £40 a month (plus vat)

Alex

PhilGil

Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:54 am

Quoting ThePRGuy (Reply 16):
Aren't US calls any network?

In a sense it does cost more to call out of network because most plans include unlimited in-network calling. This is how mine works (and is typical of a US calling plan)…

My wife and I have the basic family plan – two phones and two numbers – which runs $52 US monthly (including taxes).
We have unlimited, nationwide, anytime calls to other in-network T-Mobile phones.
We have unlimited night and weekend calls to any phone nationwide (land line or cell).
We have 400 shared minutes monthly for weekday and evening calls to any network or landline nationwide.
If we exceed the 400 min (which we have only done once or twice) we get billed per minute and it can get very expensive quickly.

Apparently, our good experiences with T-Mobile USA customer service are reflected in the JD Power & Assoc rankings for cellular providers:

"For a fifth consecutive reporting period, T-Mobile ranks highest among the five largest wireless service providers by creating a positive experience among customers who contact the carrier for service or assistance. With an index score of 107 points, T-Mobile performs well across all factors that determine overall satisfaction, particularly in the ARS and retail contact channels, and in the overall hold-time duration on the phone."

http://www.jdpower.com/press-releases/pressrelease.aspx?id=2007017

ThePRGuy

Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:01 am

Quoting PhilGil (Reply 17):

Complex system compared to mine:
900 minutes which can be used to any UK mobile network or landline
Unlimited texts whcih can be used to any UK Mobile network, or indeed BT landline
75 Video minutes which can be used to any UK Mobile network

$80-90US/month
Alex

LOT767-300ER

Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:13 am

Quoting ThePRGuy (Reply 16):
Aren't US calls any network? They are in the UK.
I get 900 minutes and Unlimited texts on my Orange contract for £40 a month (plus vat)

Thats a ripoff stateside because like I said I get 100 more minutes than you and unlimited messaging both MMS and SMS for around 25 pounds.