panam330
Topic Author

What About People Pisses You Off?

Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:41 am

I was at the movies the other day, and all was well until 30 seconds before the actual film started. A middle-aged couple loudly came in, and sat- you guessed it- right behind me and my friend. After they finally shut the hell up, they started eating their popcorn like a cow chews grass. It got me thinking- what do people do that pushes your buttons? I'll start.

-People that can't chew with their mouths closed, as mentioned above.
-People who drive under the speed limit in the passing lane on the highway.
-Assholes that think it's cool to get drunk every night of their lives and then talk loudly about it the next day in class.

That doesn't even begin to *touch* my buttons.  Wink Let 'er rip!

kmh1956

RE: What About People Pisses You Off?

Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:49 am

Quoting PanAm330 (Thread starter):

Amen to that one....plus:

People who have no manners whatsoever.....I mean, would it kill you to say "Good morning" on the phone, instead of "let me talk to so-and-so"?

Dishonesty.
Lack of personal hygeine. I stood behind this guy (whom I know vaguely) the other day in a checkout line and he STANK!!! There's no excuse to smell like that if you're a healthy person...hello???!!! Soap? Deodorant?
Know-it-alls. (Usually they don't....nobody does)
People who lean on their horns when the light turns yellow. Green is go. I'll go on green. Now get off the horn!!
Cellphone drivers...there is no way that you can concentrate on the road and have a conversation on the phone at the same time, I don't care how good a driver you think you are.

There are probably more, but I'm feeling benevolent.
'Somebody tell me why I'm on my own if there's a soulmate for everyone' :Natasha Bedingfield

USCGC130

Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:01 am

People who drive under the speed limit in the passing lane on the highway.

People who drive *at* the speed limit in the passing lane on the highway (assuming that there's no one to their right going even slower, of course).

Cashiers who don't make eye contact and greet customers when they arrive at the cash register, and who fail to say "Thank you" at the conclusion of a retail transaction.

People in retail and service industries who say "No problem" instead of "you're welcome" in response to "Thank you." I didn't *ask* you whether I'd caused you inconvenience or hardship, dammit, nor do I care. You're there for my convenience.

Liberals.

Sabena332

Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:09 am

I see them every damned day, so annoying!

Quoting Kmh1956 (Reply 1):
People who have no manners whatsoever.....I mean, would it kill you to say "Good morning"

Yes, apparently is it too hard for some people to say "Hello" or "Good morning/afternoon/evening", that is also something I notice every day.

Lack of personal hygeine. I stood behind this guy (whom I know vaguely) the other day in a checkout line and he STANK!!! There's no excuse to smell like that if you're a healthy person...hello???!!! Soap? Deodorant?

A problem that occurs every summer when people sweat more than usual, I got a perfect example last Saturday at the gas station, some dude who stood infront of me stank disgusting, when I had suffered one minute more from his smell I had asked him if he don't know what a deo or shower is. It is completely beyond me why some people appear like that in public, simply disgusting!  yuck 

My parents and me share three cars and recently I put a can of deo into the glove box of every car so that I have it within reach, no matter which car I am driving. I hate nothing more than coming out of the office on hot days while being all in a sweat whithout having deo handy.

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

trav110

Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:14 am

People who don't follow through
People who can never admit responsibility for their actions
Liars
Cheaters
Conservatives

san747

Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:18 am

Let's see...

People who manipulate others.
People who lack common sense.
People who are unwilling to change opinions based on better logic or evidence.
People who are "experts" on things they know nothing about.

Or one example I saw at gate G1a at ORD yesterday...

People complaining about things they have no control over and cannot change.
Scotty doesn't know...

RobertNL070

Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:22 am

'Co-shoppers' who fail to make eye contact and greet cashiers when they arrive at the cash register, and who fail to say "Thank you" to the cashier at the conclusion of a retail transaction.

People who believe that other people are only there for their convenience.

That being said, any kind of inconsiderate behaviour is extremely tiresome. I was brought up in a kind of liberal old-fashioned way. I disliked it then, but I appreciate it now.

My pet peeves:

- inconsiderate use of mobile phones;
- inconsiderate smokers;
- inconsiderate parenting;
- inconsiderate motorists;
- testosterone-laden motorists;
- disowning responsibility;
- fossilized conservatives

... among many, many others

Robert
Born to be wild ...... until about 9 p.m.
Home = RTM, Rotterdam The Hague.

aloges

Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:34 am

To quote Meat Loaf, you took the words right out of my mouth. It's bad enough in winter with the homeless boarding local public transportation to warm up, dressed in their filthy jackets and reeking of alcohol and whatever else... but these days at 35°C and more, the folks in their undershirts and shorts and socks and Birkenstocks and flowing breast hair heaving home their ALDI purchases tend to smell even worse. We need a subject calles "courtesy" in school. Or, preferably, a little girl on each train asking "Mommy, why does that man smell so bad?"  devil 
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

YYZflyer

Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:47 am

-People that drive under the speed limit. (I've only had my liscence for 5 1/2 months, and it already pisses me off)
-People that lack any common sense what-so-ever
-People that smoke in crouds
-People that just say stuff without even thinking at all
-People that say something and immediately think they are right
-Know-it-alls
-Lazy people. I mean really lazy people that won't walk a short distance with their friends and instead goes home. (happened to me once. No, I was not the lazy one.)
-Lawyers
-Passengers that complain to gate agents to make their flight come faster because it was delayed because of weather

...more to come as I think of them
Avoid hangovers, stay drunk.

mbmbos

Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:49 am

Self-centeredness.

...filler
"If I don't manage to fly, someone else will. The spirit wants only for there to be flying. As for who happens to do it, in that he has only a passing interest."
- R.M. Rilke

ShannoninAMA

Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:54 am

People who have no manners whatsoever.....I mean, would it kill you to say "Good morning" on the phone, instead of "let me talk to so-and-so"?

Dishonesty.

Lack of personal hygeine.

Quoting Trav110 (Reply 4):

People who can never admit responsibility for their actions

Quoting San747 (Reply 5):
People who manipulate others.
People who lack common sense.
People who are unwilling to change opinions based on better logic or evidence.
People who are "experts" on things they know nothing about.

Quoting YYZflyer (Reply 8):
-People that drive under the speed limit. (I've only had my liscence for 5 1/2 months, and it already pisses me off)
-People that lack any common sense what-so-ever
-People that just say stuff without even thinking at all
-People that say something and immediately think they are right
-Know-it-alls
-Lazy people. I mean really lazy people that won't walk a short distance with their friends and instead goes home. (happened to me once. No, I was not the lazy one.)
-Lawyers
-Passengers that complain to gate agents to make their flight come faster because it was delayed because of weather

Wow, All GREAT points..

Another one that i hate...."Two sided" people.
Shipwreck alert. Head on over to Airspaceonline.com.

ZakHH

Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:55 am

Quoting Trav110 (Reply 4):
Conservatives

Not necessarily. I don't like people who voluntarily give up their ability to think, and follow an ideology instead. These can be found in all political corners.

Knowledge is power, but not knowing some things (or just denying them) can make life so damn easy...  Yeah sure
Ignorance really pushes my buttons.
Tired of a.net? Join a friendly aviation community!

DeltaRules

Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:06 am

Top of my list- People who can't park BETWEEN the lines in parking lots. It amazes me how many people I see daily that either
a) park their car crooked so it takes up two spots
b) park on the line (centered, like an airplane) so it takes up two spots
c) feel they need to park their car/truck at a 90 degree angle so it takes up three spots. (I've seen it done).

It's not the inconvenience that get me, it's the lack of effort in something so simple that pisses me off.

Others:
-Arrogance
-People who tailgate you when you're doing 5-10 mph over the limit yourself.
-Racism
-People who do certain things or act certain ways outside their norm to impress others.
-Liars & manipulative people.
-Know-it-alls, especially those who are full of sh*t in reality.
-People who think everything they do is right or the way things should be done.
-Those who try to run other people's lives while struggling to control their own.
-Travelers who get pissed off at airlines because they're flight's been delayed due to something out of the airline's control. If there's a line of storms bearing down on the airport you're at, it's not Delta or American's fault. They didn't schedule these storms.
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B717/722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST

LHMark

Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:40 am

Biker dudes who mod their Harleys to be as ear-splittingly loud as possible. What kind of personality defect causes people to need to be acknowledged as an asshole by total strangers every time they leave their house? Especially at 2:00 AM.

Aggressive, Type "A" personalities

People who don't signal their left turns

People who won't give you the time of day unless they want something from you

People who put expensive material things where their personalities should be

Screaming babies on airpanes, and their parents.
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

yooyoo

Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:44 am

Quoting LHMARK (Reply 13):
Biker dudes who mod their Harleys to be as ear-splittingly loud as possible

That drives me nuts!!

Plain and simple, I am pissed off by inconsiderate people in general, be it in a car, in a movie theatre or in a shopping mall.
I am so smart, i am so smart... S-M-R-T... i mean S-M-A-R-T

ZakHH

Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:47 am

Biker dudes who mod their Harleys to be as ear-splittingly loud as possible.

Then consider yourself lucky that you did not stay in Hamburg til last weekend... Harley Days... "earsplitting" would be a gross understatement towards what some 50.000 Harleys in town were like.
Tired of a.net? Join a friendly aviation community!

LHMark

Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:50 am

Quoting ZakHH (Reply 15):

Then consider yourself lucky that you did not stay in Hamburg til last weekend... Harley Days... "earsplitting" would be a gross understatement towards what some 50.000 Harleys in town were like.

You mean it wasn't quiet like 'Schlager-Move?'
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

plateman

Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:12 am

Slow walkers drive me crazy.

-Brian
"Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain

AA777

Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:24 am

People who are flakey.... ie, those who say they will be somewhere, or do something...and never do.

Most very conservative people piss me off.

Waiters who take their time- even when the restaurant is not busy. It would be one thing if the restaurant was busy and they were slow because they have a lot to do... but waiters who seem to linger and disappear and appear at their leisure really annoy me. I usually have somewhere to be and not hours and hours to sit and wait for them to take my order...

Trophy wives who drive their SUVs like they are tanks... this is frequent where I live... in the land of the plastic-laden 50 year old trophy wife (no, not Los Angeles, surprisingly...). They all have Range Rovers, or MB GL450s, or BMW X5's or Lexus trucks.....and they drive them like mad-women, aim them at you and dont stop until you slam on your brakes.

People who are rude to Airline staff for no reason.

Airline Crew who are rude to passengers because they no longer have motivation to be pleasant.

Rude Customs/ Immigration officers in the US. I expect to be treated like a citizen, not like a pestulence. I get treated more nicely in every other point of entry in every other country that I go. Except the US. I am a citizen of the US, and thats where I get treated the most rudely.

People who walk slow and seem to ALWAYS drift in front of you when you're trying to quietly move around them.

-AA777

Marcus

Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:43 am

People who talk or answer cell phones at the movie theater.
People who throw trash out the window.
People who think "public places" are for everyone to do whatever they want.
People who think their crying and annoying kids should be let to do whatever they feel like because....."oh!......they're just kids".
Kids!....we are going to the happiest place on earth...TIJUANA! signed: Krusty the Clown

freckles

Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:47 am

Smokers which blow smoke in your face.
Smokers who smoke in front of you when it's obviously disgusting you.
People who ignore you when you try and speak to them.
Loud people in restaurants.
Loud people in shops.
Erm, people without any manners whatsoever.
People who insist on eating with their mouths wide open, and chew gum with their mouths wide open.
Loudness of people in the cinema.
Rude people really.

I could go on forever..

kmh1956

Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:53 am

As a smoker, I don't understand smokers who do this. There are more non-smokers these days than smokers, would it be THAT difficult to move away to a secluded area to have a smoke? If I'm at a party, that's what I do...I don't like to offend.

Quoting Marcus (Reply 19):
People who talk or answer cell phones at the movie theater.

How about at restaurants? I saw a couple one night at one of Bermuda's more romantic restaurants...you'd think they'd be all wrapped up in each other, right? Oh, no....the guy spent probably 3/4 of his time on his damn cellphone. If I'd been his date, I'd have been out of there!!

I thought of one other...... thump thump cars. Ok, obnoxious reggae or rap may be to your taste but do we all need to hear it? I am going to collapse laughing the day one of these cars falls apart in front of me from all the vibration and the driver ends up sitting on his ass on the road!!!
'Somebody tell me why I'm on my own if there's a soulmate for everyone' :Natasha Bedingfield

747buff

Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:53 am

-Racism

-Whiny liberals

-Frivolous lawsuits

-People who won't take responsibility for their actions

-People with no sense of humor

-Not saying please, thank you, etc.

-Drivers who don't respect pedestrians

-People who follow the latest fads/trends/fashions, etc. Honestly, would it kill you to think for yourselves?

-Smoking bans in bars. Don't like smoke? You're free to go to a non-smoking establishment, otherwise grow a pair.
At Eastern, we earn our wings every day!

ShannoninAMA

Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:10 am

Quoting 747buff (Reply 22):
Smoking bans in bars. Don't like smoke? You're free to go to a non-smoking establishment, otherwise grow a pair.

Not that i disagree with you, but that works the other way around too  Wink Dont like our nonsmoking ban? Grow a pair and go to a bar that allows it.

Just saying  Wink  Big grin

Shannon  Smile

jamesbuk

Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:20 am

Honestly, would it kill you to think for yourselves?

I agree, Its like everyone calls themselves unique yet dress the same  Yeah sure

People who let their kids play in the middle of the road, then have a go at me for legally riding my bike down that road - but thats a long story.

Rgds --James--
You cant have your cake and eat it... What the hells the point in having it then!!!

Duff44

Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:21 am

Their existence...

OK, seriously:

- People who ask the same question over and over hoping to get the answer they want to hear
- Anyone who writes a check at the grocery store... It takes 45 seconds to ring 10 items in the express lane, then 5 minutes to write the friggin' check! ARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!

-Whiny liberals

- Right wing nutjobs (I hate whiny liberals too)
- Tailgaters
- People who don't get to their point
- People who speak a foreign language just to say something behind you back that so they don't have to whisper
- People who use the speakerphone just because they're too lazy to pick up the handset
- People who take out a loan for something (car or house, etc) then don't pay the bill , yet think they're not going to repossess it
I'll rassle ya for a bowl of bacon!

AirSpare

Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:33 am

Most of the above, but some are rather petty to get pissed about. Life is to short to go around being pissed off at irrelavance.

I am revolted by racism. I room part time with a racist and he is able to ruin my day in 3 minutes as he complains about niggars and freakin riqans. His words, not mine, my wife is mixed race (as I am working in the States as we create a business in S. America).

I have asked him to go back to Canada, but he continues the rant about niggars and spics and people that don't speak English (as my grandparents didn't when they immigrated from Italy), and move to Quebec as he hates non English speakers. Maybe racism is just part of overall ignorance.
Get someone else for your hero worship fetish

LHboyatDTW

Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:37 am

Lack of driving skills.

Talking on a cell phone while driving.

Eating with mouths open

obnoxious/arrogant people

Those lacking common sense

People who say the word "like" between lots of words in their sentences. Would it kill you to actually know how to use wording effectively? This pet peeve alone explains why I've never had much of a love life in high school due to most girls doing this. Drives me up the wall every time.

Bad parents

Passengers who bring everything including the kitchen sink with them and try to cram it all into the overhead bin.

Passengers crowding around the gate during boarding time. There's a reason why they board in sections, people. Wait your turn. Getting on the plane doesn't always mean you get there faster.

Those who always state the obvious. Alright, we get it!

there's more I'm sure, but those are the main ones
The air in the clouds is very pure and fine, bracing and delicious because it's the same the angels breathe.

PC12Fan

Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:40 am

Poeple who think they know it all, but in reality, don't know sh*t.
Just when I think you've said the stupidest thing ever, you keep talkin'!

ShannoninAMA

Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:20 am

Quoting PC12Fan (Reply 28):

Poeple who think they know it all, but in reality, don't know sh*t.

Come on....i dont annoy you THAT much  Wink

Shannon Big grin

flight152

Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:35 am

Smoking bans in bars. Don't like smoke? You're free to go to a non-smoking establishment, otherwise grow a pair.

I guess that means you wont be visiting the states of California, Delaware, New York, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Vermont Washington, Montana, Ohio, Nevada, and Arizona.  Yeah sure  Yeah sure

747buff

Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:48 pm

Quoting Flight152 (Reply 30):
I guess that means you wont be visiting the states of California, Delaware, New York, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Vermont Washington, Montana, Ohio, Nevada, and Arizona.

Hey, I live in Minnesota, so come October (when our ban starts) I won't be visiting any bars around here either. If I want to drink and smoke I'll do it in the comfort of my home.
At Eastern, we earn our wings every day!

WunalaYann

Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:21 pm

Then I suggest you do two things:

1) yoga, because if you are already in that state after less than six months on the road, a nervous breakdown looms large on the very near horizon for you,

2) once your hormones have settled down, do exactly what the people you say you hate do (drive under the speed limit, that is). Driving under the speed limit is a very safe and wise thing to do. A speed limit is, as its name indicates, an upper limit, something you should never go over, bar life-threatening situations. But you could very well drive under the limit.

Safe,
Y.  Smile

TSS

Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:40 pm

-Smoking bans in bars. Don't like smoke? You're free to go to a non-smoking establishment, otherwise grow a pair.

Quoting Flight152 (Reply 30):
I guess that means you wont be visiting the states of California, Delaware, New York, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Vermont Washington, Montana, Ohio, Nevada, and Arizona.

Smoking is still legal in bars in Nevada, however it has been banned in Nevada restaurants since January of this year.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

AsstChiefMark

Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:41 pm

Quoting Duff44 (Reply 25):
Anyone who writes a check at the grocery store... It takes 45 seconds to ring 10 items in the express lane, then 5 minutes to write the friggin' check! ARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!

Why do people write checks anyway? Use the fucking debit card! It comes WITH the checking account. It's a package deal.

Check printing is expensive. And you pay the bank for processing of every check that is written. The debit card transactions are FREE. So... Why do people write checks? I haven't written one in over five months.
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

cxsjr

Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:53 pm

.... most of the above plus:

alert  People who do not respect that others are entitled to an opinion too

alert  People who brake first then indicate; your indicator is exactly not, not to confirm something you're already doing!

alert  When you bump into someone in the store or street, apologise profusely, yet they still give you a dirty look

alert  People who stand outside your house talking in 'pub' voice at 11:30 at night .... 'oh don't worry about us, we're only sleeping you inconsiderate b*****ds!'

I'm sure I could come up with more but if you look at most of the points raised in all of the posts, they could be summed up with one ....

Angry "PEOPLE WITH NO CONSIDERATION FOR OTHERS" covers it.
The world is a book, those who do not travel read only one page ....

panam330
Topic Author

Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:32 pm

Quoting Aloges (Reply 7):
socks and Birkenstocks

Add that to my list. Damn Germans.  Wink

Quoting DeltaRules (Reply 12):
it's not Delta or American's fault.

As the media will tell you, it's almost certainly JetBlue's!  Wink

Good stuff, guys! Keep it coming!

ACDC8

Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:55 pm

-People who tailgate you when you're doing 5-10 mph over the limit yourself.

If you're in the left lane, move over to the right lane.  Wink If it's a single lane, I'll back off.

Worse yet, people who mod their F350's, Dodge Ram pick-ups to make it sound like a 1978 Peterbuilt and when they step on the gas they spout out a thick, black cloud of soot that takes 2 minutes to clear.

Also ....

- People who block intersections if there is a red light.
- People who stand 20 minutes in the check-in line at the airport, doing nothing but complain about how long it takes to check-in and when it's their turn, they go up to the counter and start looking for their damn ticket and passport instead of using the 20 minutes prior to look for it.
- Bicyclists who more or less think they have no rules to follow, using the sidewalk, then the road, going against on-coming traffic not caring about stop signs/red lights, etc.
- Drivers who think a yield sign means the same thing as a stop sign.
- Drivers who think a merge sign means the same thing as a stop sign.
- People who get offended by every little thing.
- When you're sitting on an outside patio at a coffeshop, enjoying a cup of java and a smoke, having someone come up after you, sit down at the table next to you telling you to put your cigarette out. Hey, I was there first,you saw me light up, don't like it, don't sit beside me or shut the hell up.
- People coming up to my bus asking me if I'm going to Armstrong. I ask "What does the sign on the front of the bus say?", they say "Vernon". I ask, "What time does the bus for Armstrong leave?", They say "3:46". I ask, "What time is it now?", they say "3:10" .... "Well, am I the bus that is going to Armstrong now?" Sheeesh!
A Grumpy German Is A Sauerkraut

bill142

Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:13 pm

b) park on the line (centered, like an airplane) so it takes up two spots

It's probably an anetter forgetting their in a car and not flying a 777

HAWK21M

Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:16 pm

Has to be people that Lie,cheat & play politics.
people that show off
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

USCGC130

Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:56 pm

-The sort of women who can't simply pay for their purchases at a cash register with a minimum of conversation, and then step aside to make way for the next customer in line.

Why is it that with so many women there are always questions, problems, and special cases in a retail context? It's as though they feel cheated if they don't get some threshold amount of attention. Hell, I've seen that sort of look on their faces when a retail transaction finishes too quickly to suit them. Oh, and Ghod help anyone in line if the cashier is also a woman; anytime there are two or more females present, there will be Talking.

USCGC130

Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:02 pm

-People who don't train their dogs not to bark, and then get belligerent when somebody complains to them about the noise.

frequentflyer

Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:03 pm

Stupid people who also happen to be rich for no reason
Inconsiderate people
Lazy people
Gold diggers
Bigots
People who do not acknowledge the consequence of their actions
And Yes PanAm330, people who eat with their mouth wide open!
Take off and live

kmh1956

Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:42 pm

Quoting Cxsjr (Reply 35):
People who brake first then indicate; your indicator is exactly not, not to confirm something you're already doing!

Quoting ACDC8 (Reply 37):
Bicyclists who more or less think they have no rules to follow, using the sidewalk, then the road, going against on-coming traffic not caring about stop signs/red lights, etc.

Two things that occur constantly in Bermuda. I'll be driving behind a car that suddenlt stops dead in the road, starts to make a turn...and then signals when the turn is practically complete. Not only dangerous, but immensely stupid.

Bicyclists (and taxi drivers, bus drivers and truck drivers) seem to think that the law doesn't apply to them. It's the LAW...the law applies to everyone, you don't get to pick and choose which ones to obey.

707CMF

Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:45 pm

Just told one of my coworkers that I love to complain...
So for me :

- Untrained dogs not held with a leash.
- Bikes (bicycles and motorbikes) rode on the pavement. Hello... do I look like I'm going to push my daughter's pram on the road ?
- Smokers who smoke where it's forbidden (public transportation... closed places)
- Smokers who will dismiss their cigarette remains everywhere. Hello, it's a street, not a dump (and that goes for dogs as well).
- Tailgaters when I am on the fast lane and not above the speed limit. Yes, I know, you want to drive above the speed limit, too bad for you. I want to overtake that lorry and still arrive alive.

Cheers,

seb146

Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:54 am

Quoting USCGC130 (Reply 2):
Cashiers who don't make eye contact and greet customers when they arrive at the cash register, and who fail to say "Thank you" at the conclusion of a retail transaction.

What bothers me more is cashiers that think their conversation with their friend or co-worker is more important that greeting the customer. Hello. Remember me? The one who helps pay your salary?

Not just Harleys but many many cars around here seem to have no muffler at all, and the owner of said car is quite proud of that fact. Especially at 2AM. Where can I get a set of spike strips?

People who don't signal their left turns

Or right turns. It also irritates me when people can move into the intersection and make room for people to pass on the right. Let me explain that one: We have some major streets around the Portland area that are one lane each way with no left turn lane. When someone wants to make a left turn, they could simply move into the intersection and wait for oncoming traffic to clear, then make the turn. But, no. They choose to sit and let traffic back up behind them, wait until the light turns yellow and see the oncoming traffic stop, then make the turn. At a regular intersection, there is usually enough room for a large truck to pass on the right. Yesterday, I had a Tri-Met bus pass me on the right when I was trying to turn left from NE 33rd to Prescott. What could be simpler?

Quoting PlateMan (Reply 17):
Slow walkers drive me crazy.

How can one person take up an entire aisle in a supermarket or shopping mall? I have never understood that. Any time I am trying to get something, there is one person with cart that takes up so much room in the middle of the aisle that everyone has to wait. This aisle hog is usually on their cell phone talking about so-and-so's latest hair style or who just broke up with so-and-so. I DON'T FREAKIN' CARE! MOVE!

I also can't stand when people take celebrity gossip seriously. I don't care that Paris whoever was in jail. I don't care that Eva whoever got married. I don't care that David Hasselwhoever is a raging alcoholic. There was a major wreck on the highway not 3 blocks from my house, but that was not the top story of the day. Greg Oden and his tonsils were more important. I still don't know what caused the accident. I don't know if anyone was taken to hospital and if they are alright. All I know is 4 fire trucks were on scene and a fifth was cancelled en route. Other than that, nothing.

People who defend one position because they saw one story on it. I have seen liberals and conservatives fight tooth-and-nail over things because one source says something. Research, people. If you believe in something, know about it. If you are conservative and cite credible sources, great! Let's talk. If you are liberal and cite credible sources, great! Let's talk. If your ONLY source is FOX News or The Nation, forget it.

Geez.... only 10AM and already, I need an adult beverage....

GO CANUCKS!!
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

A320ajm

Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:02 am

One word - arrogance.

I hate arrogant people, and thats about all i hve to say.
Reagrds
A320ajm
If the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, 'This was their finest hour.'

SJCRRPAX

Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:12 am

I hate the people that strap on Bombs and than blow themselfs up and kill like 80 other people and themselfs. I don't care where they do it, Iraq, India, London, Israel, Pakistan, I hate this people with a passion.

Confuscius

Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:39 am

People who don't like Hayward, CA.
Ain't I a stinker?

AsstChiefMark

Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:59 am

Quoting Confuscius (Reply 48):
People who don't like Hayward, CA.

The Hayward Fault is doing a nice job ripping the city in half. I wouldn't want to be around when that thing snaps and produces an 8.2 quake.  Big grin

http://www.findingfault.com/ch4-pg98a.jpg
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail