N1120A

RE: Bonds Hits #754

Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:52 pm

Quoting Itsjustme (Reply 49):

A source would be nice. Without it, you're just spewing personal opinion as being fact, as usual.

I take it you didn't take a look at the link on my post.
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

halls120

Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:26 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 50):
Quoting Itsjustme (Reply 49):

A source would be nice. Without it, you're just spewing personal opinion as being fact, as usual.

I take it you didn't take a look at the link on my post.

Nor have you posted any credible documentation to support this patently absurd opinion.

"If anything, I would think that Aderol or Ritalin or even a good old cup of coffee (Albert Belle's drug of choice) would help a baseball player as much or more than steroids."
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

Tom in NO
Topic Author

Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:59 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 39):
Even little Ozzie Smith could pound a massive home run if you made a mistake and he put a good swing on the ball.

hissyfit  Tom Niedenfuer, as well as all of us Dodger fans, hate you for making that comment (see Smith's game-winning home run off Niedenfuer in the 1985 Dodgers/Cardinals NLCS)

Tom at MSY
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

S12PPL

Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:05 am

That fricken cheater!

Signed,
1/2 of the pitchers that have faced him

Seriously though, I hope he never gets the record. EVER. Can't stand Bonds.
Next Flights: 12/31 AS804 PDX-MCO 2/3 AS19 MCO-SEA QX2545 SEA-PDX

N1120A

Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:21 am

Quoting Tom in NO (Reply 52):
Tom Niedenfuer, as well as all of us Dodger fans, hate you for making that comment (see Smith's game-winning home run off Niedenfuer in the 1985 Dodgers/Cardinals NLCS)

Yeah, it was that one I was thinking of. Painful as it was, it did show that even Ozzie could hit a second deck home run

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 51):

"If anything, I would think that Aderol or Ritalin or even a good old cup of coffee (Albert Belle's drug of choice) would help a baseball player as much or more than steroids."

Notice the "if anything" and the "I would think"? Of course I was presenting a mere opinion, however, given that the actual research on swing mechanics and home run hitting in baseball history that I gave you shows that steroids don't make a difference, perhaps something that improves concentration would.
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

jonathan-l

Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:14 pm

Quoting StarAC17 (Reply 42):
Also since you are French I have to ask why you still support the Tour de France if it is so dirty and so many people are getting caught?

From my perspective,and because I hear much more of what happens on the Tour de France than on the Vuelta or the Giro, I find that the Tour organizers have been very active to weed out the cheats and that's why it has a bad reputation of being dirty. The cyclists are as dirty on other races but they're just not caught. As we see today, it is similar in other sports but the sports governing bodies have a tendency to hush up rather than be open and ban the incriminated athletes.
Can't remember if this is a correct figure or not but I seem to recall that close to 400 doping tests were performed during the 3 weeks of this Tour. The organizers were quick to state that Vinokourov had tested positive even if that meant ejecting one of the top contenders. The organizers never concealed the fact that they were glad that Rabobank kicked out Rasmussen, even if that meant ejecting the leader of the race. And they publicly denounced the UCI (Union Cycliste Internatinale) attitude that knew even before the Tour began that Rasmussen had not respected the rules.

ordryan28

Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:41 pm

I got to witness him hit two (752/3) in person last week. Mighty impressive.
Whoever said winning is not everything never fought cancer.

PSA53

Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:55 pm

Bonds won't make history in LA.Yeah! Congratulations to the entire Dodgers pitching staff who must have been under tremendous pressure.Super job.Now,it's San Diego's turn.Let's hope he's denied in SoCal all together.
 checkmark 
Tuesday's Off! Do not disturb.