Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Aleksandar
Topic Author

Seven Years Ago I Joined This Website

Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:05 pm

I joined this website. It is very hard to understand how quickly time flew here. Fortunately, it brought me some great friends and comfort when I needed it the most last October. I don't want to make another attention seeking thread here and the only reason why I'm starting this is to use the opportunity to thank you all for all the great times.

Unfortunately, as some of you might have noticed I hardly visit this room in the forum. The reason for that is very simple. So many times and so often this can hardly be seen as friendly environment. Coming from the country that is getting back to the front pages of newspapers, I was tempted to get into some verbal fights. In order to avoid it, I simply avoid this room. It doesn't mean I forgot all of you, but it is simply better for the sake of my mind.

Aleksandar
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

AllegiantAir

Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:15 pm

Happy a.net birthday!!!  birthday 
Live to Fly.

cedars747

Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:25 pm

Quoting Aleksandar (Thread starter):
Fortunately, it brought me some great friends and comfort when I needed it

I will never forget your support to me and my family last summer.You are a wonderfull person Aleksander  Wink

Greetings from Buenos Aires !

Alex!!!
Tengo una pasion por la aviacion /لدي شغف للطيران / I have a passion for aviation /Jeg har en lidenskap for luftfart/ J'ai une passion pour l'aviation.

mdodd

Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:31 pm

Happy A.net birthday! I joined about 2/3 weeks ago...lol still got some time to go.
But never-the-less totally love this community, as well.

Enjoy.

AirframeAS

Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:37 pm

Happy A.net Birthday, sir!
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

Aleksandar
Topic Author

Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:36 am

Thank you all, guys  Smile

Quoting Cedars747 (Reply 2):
I will never forget your support to me and my family last summer

Well, it wasn't just me, Alex. There were so many others that probably were more helpful than I was. What was important then was that your family was in real danger and you were unable to help them. The least all of us could do for you was to give you some kind of moral support.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Pyrex

RE: Seven Years Ago I Joined This Website

Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:54 am

Congratulations Aleksandar. I had noticed you were gone for a while but didn't really want to create one of those "Whatever happened to..." threads, and since you continued to send me those very kind postcard e-mails over Christmas and Easter... Anyway, I hope you continue to enjoy this website, it should make you feel relaxed, not more nervous. I do miss your insights onto world affairs (specially the Middle East), though.

Take care,

Miguel
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!

Aleksandar
Topic Author

Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:29 am

Quoting Pyrex (Reply 6):
I do miss your insights onto world affairs (specially the Middle East), though.

Well this was the most frustrating thing here. Whenever two topics are mentioned people become very biased. The first one is the Middle East and the second is Republicans vs. Democrats. There is hardly any constructive debate about it.

I was very lazy lately with e-mails due to some work I needed to finish (oh, forgot to mention, now I'm licensed tour guide  Smile ), but I'll write very soon.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Pyrex

Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:53 am

Quoting Aleksandar (Reply 7):
Whenever two topics are mentioned people become very biased. The first one is the Middle East and the second is Republicans vs. Democrats. There is hardly any constructive debate about it.

True. However I usually learned a lot about the history of the Middle East and ME-Western world relations from your posts (as well as ME_AVN_FAN's, though he does tend to be a bit more biased).

I'll await your e-mail. I have a few news myself, least of all that in less than a week I will be moving to the USA (Boston). And I guess when I finally get around to Belgrade I will have someone to show me around.  Smile
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!

Sabena332

Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:02 am

Congrats, Aleksandar!  bigthumbsup 

(oh, forgot to mention, now I'm licensed tour guide)

Well, a friend and me want to go to "somewhere in East-Europe" at the end of next month. Riga in Lativia is actually our favourite at the moment, but now I am thinking of coming to Belgrade. Are the beer prices and the hotel fares decent over there?  Wink

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

Aleksandar
Topic Author

Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:16 am

Quoting Sabena332 (Reply 9):
Well, a friend and me want to go to "somewhere in East-Europe" at the end of next month. Riga in Lativia is actually our favourite at the moment, but now I am thinking of coming to Belgrade. Are the beer prices and the hotel fares decent over there?  

I guess you won't be disappointed. I have no idea about the hotel fares, but I can look around a bit. As far as beer is concerned, choice is huge and prices are generally cheaper than EU
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Aeroflot777

Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:53 am

Happy A.net birthday Aleksandar!!!

It's amazing where the years go by so quickly. I likewise wanted to thank you for all your participation in the threads. Endless times I've enjoyed your posts which are intelligent and informative. And you are quite right, as Eastern Europeans we have to endure quite a bit on this site. It's very unfortunate in a way, but I guess thats what the non-av is about, constant bickering.

Many more years to come.

Aeroflot777

Klaus

Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:37 am

Just don't let things or people get you down.

I've not followed things that closely, but as far as I'm aware you've had some really tough times. Discussions and opinions are one side, but you as a person are separate from that.

All the best to you and to those around you!  Smile

Aleksandar
Topic Author

Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:54 am

Quoting Klaus (Reply 12):
I've not followed things that closely, but as far as I'm aware you've had some really tough times. Discussions and opinions are one side, but you as a person are separate from that.

Hi Klaus! Thanks for your kind words. It is not that something bad happened to me here that concerns me. There were few ugly comments from some people, but it is very easy to ignore. It is the bad atmosphere here that disappoints me.

Quoting Aeroflot777 (Reply 11):
Many more years to come.

I am looking forward for more fun and good discussions here.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Klaus

Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:08 am

Quoting Aleksandar (Reply 13):
It is the bad atmosphere here that disappoints me.

I don't think that the atmosphere is really bad around here; Individual reactions can sometimes be harsh, but given the large number of members I'd say the tone is still remarkably civilized all in all.

DC10extender

Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:13 am

Cue the cargo bay.  Wink
Did you ever read on your birth certificate that life is fair? Thats cause its not there.

Aleksandar
Topic Author

Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:42 am

Quoting DC10extender (Reply 15):
Cue the cargo bay

I've been waiting for two days to see this sentence, my friend  bigthumbsup 
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

strasserb

Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:46 am

Quoting Aleksandar (Reply 16):
I've been waiting for two days to see this sentence, my friend bigthumbsup

Still, even in the most arid desert is an airport somewhere ...

charlienorth

Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:50 am

Good to hear from you and happy a-net bday...all the best to you and your loved ones!!
Work hard fly right..don't understand it

YYZflyer

Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:28 pm

Congrats Aleksandar.  bigthumbsup 

(oh, forgot to mention, now I'm licensed tour guide

We should arrange a bus tour somewhere and you should be the tour guide.  Silly

Hope all is well.  Smile
Avoid hangovers, stay drunk.

flyingbabydoc

Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:40 am

Quoting Aleksandar (Thread starter):
I don't want to make another attention seeking thread here and the only reason why I'm starting this is to use the opportunity to thank you all for all the great times.

Hi Aleksandar! We have missed you here in the forum. I hope things have settled down a bit now for your and your family. I wish I could have helped a bit more, unfortunately it was too late... And these bloody political barriers are as mindless as cruel.

Anyhow, I truly wish life has been treating you better and that you are successful in your new endeavour. And do not let some people get into you in these forums. 99,5% of the A.netters are truly wonderful people, and you are missing out if you concentrate on the 0,5% that should be left pouting anyways.

Take good care

Alex  highfive 
Marriage is the art of turning a lover into a relative

Aleksandar
Topic Author

Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:29 am

Quoting StrasserB (Reply 17):

Well put the famous photo then  bigthumbsup 

Quoting YYZflyer (Reply 19):
We should arrange a bus tour somewhere and you should be the tour guide.

Great idea. I will have a final exam sometime in October and it would be a long tour to the south of Serbia with visits to medieval monasteries which are hidden gems of Serbia and it would be great to take you to some similar tour.

Quoting Flyingbabydoc (Reply 20):
I wish I could have helped a bit more, unfortunately it was too late...

Hello Alex! You know, for months, I've been thinking of writing a long e-mail to you and postponed it day after day. I'll write more to you there, but you were so helpful then, I can never forget it. You know there was so little that could have been done and, unfortunately, nobody could have fixed all the mistakes made here (you remember that report that I sent you)

And these bloody political barriers are as mindless as cruel.

Believe me, they are making problems to me now as a tour guide, because agencies usually like people with dual citizenships or valid Schenghen visas to avoid additional paperwork.

99,5% of the A.netters are truly wonderful people, and you are missing out if you concentrate on the 0,5% that should be left pouting anyways.

You are absolutely right. I didn't leave this place. You can find my posts on Civ-Av and TR, but I'm a bit sick and tired of daily news and commenting on them. To be honest, I would be completely satisfied if politics is banned from A.net. Then we would all have in mind the thing that brought us together here.

Quoting Charlienorth (Reply 18):
Good to hear from you and happy a-net bday...all the best to you and your loved ones!!

Thanks mate. Just as I've told Alex, Miguel and Pat, I owe you at least one e-mail and after I finish some decorating in my room (which is in state of emergency right now), I'll write more. All those classes and exams and quest for job took away a lot of my time, so please forgive me for that delay.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

MEA-707

Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:40 am

Hi Alex, congratulations on your tour guide job ! Hope the other things settle out a bit as well.
Like other posters say, don't let the arguing and rudeness on some forums by some people get on you too much, not worth it. Cheers, Servaas
nobody has ever died from hard work, but why take the risk?

flyingbabydoc

Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:02 am

Quoting Aleksandar (Reply 21):
You know there was so little that could have been done and, unfortunately, nobody could have fixed all the mistakes made here (you remember that report that I sent you)

Indeed, dear friend. Well, no use talking about it now. The future lies ahead and you should be looking forward to it.

You can find my posts on Civ-Av and TR, but I'm a bit sick and tired of daily news and commenting on them.

Still, just because someone disagrees with you there is no need to take it personally. We can always engage in fruitful and pleasant conversations here without having to resort to discussion and unpleasantness. However, if you prefer to stay on the other forums, we will visit you there!

Cheers

Alex
Marriage is the art of turning a lover into a relative

CastleIsland

Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:08 am

Hey Aleksander: Good to hear that you are still around. Enjoy what you like on A.net and know that we're just glad to see some words from you.

John
"People don't do what they believe in, they just do what's most convenient, then they repent." - Dylan

charlienorth

Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:48 am

Thanks mate. Just as I've told Alex, Miguel and Pat, I owe you at least one e-mail and after I finish some decorating in my room (which is in state of emergency right now), I'll write more. All those classes and exams and quest for job took away a lot of my time, so please forgive me for that delay

No prob...as far a political debate goes,you're right,people post things here they would never say across the table in a coffee shop or bar...well maybe not a bar....you never know who you'll meet up with some day!
Work hard fly right..don't understand it