deltagator
Topic Author

Notre Dame Football...Overrated Or Good?

Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:41 pm

Since it was off topic in this thread ( I Feel Like I'm Being Played Like A Fool... (by ORDRyan28 Aug 8 2007 in Non Aviation) ) I figured we could solve this problem in a new thread.

Boston92 asked that I not pick on ORDRyan28 and himself as ND fans until October or so. I countered that teasing ND fans is a year round activity to which he counters that I must be jealous because of the NBC television contract.

Yeah, that must be it Boston....NBC contract versus 3 national titles in 2 years between basketball and football and nevermind that Florida is on TV every week. Hmmmmm....I really need to think about that one. NOT!

My contention is that ND has been and can be a good team but they are continually overrated and underperforming. Here is the evidence.

1. 9 straight bowl game losses including such upper tier (ha!) bowls as the Independence and Insight Bowls and a bunch of these weren't even close but pretty big blowouts.

2. Their record in the last 50 years isn't in the top 10*
http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/...=1956&end=2005&min=100&ss=on&se=on

3. Losing record against the Big10
http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin/...&end=2005&team=Notre+Dame&limit=50

4. Most overrated team since 1989 based on position in preseason poll and final poll.**
http://preseason.stassen.com/over-under/teams.html

5. Continual ightweight schedule with Stanford, the service academies (though Navy is halfway decent), Duke, and other assorted patsies

Obviously there are more but these examples stand out. ND can be a good team but they just continue to not be one. They have a huge built-in fan base because of the Catholic angle but that doesn't make a good team. Bottom line is there are many better teams out there who consistently win year after year. At least the Coach's Poll got it right this year and didn't put them in the Top 25 to start the season. Let's see where they end. and let's hear the excuses start as to why they won't be there this year (should include loss of that dork Brady Quinn and loss of Charlie Weis;' lawsuit against his doctors.)

*Full disclosure - Neither is Florida and ND is ranked one spot above them but given that ND fans think their team is the second coming of Jesus and the greatest thing since sliced bread I think it is a valid point.

**Another disclosure - Michigan and USC are right there at the top of being overrated. Florida is also there but ND's drop in position in these polls takes it to another level.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

aa61hvy

RE: Notre Dame Football...Overrated Or Good?

Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:18 pm

I'm a ND fan; at times I do think they are overrated, but Jimmy Claussen; If that boy lives up to half of the hype he will be the best QB at ND since Joe Montana.

I love the Irish, the tradition there is awesome.

Cheer Cheer for ol Notre Dame, Wake Up the echoes cheering her name......
Go big or go home

Pope

Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:31 pm

Quoting DeltaGator (Thread starter):
disclosure - Neither is Florida and ND is ranked one spot above them but given that ND fans think their team is the second coming of Jesus and the greatest thing since sliced bread I think it is a valid point.

I don't know if you remember but ND handed us our asses in the Sugar Bowl over a decade ago. I remember the signs around campus read "Cherrios belong in Bowls - Notre Dame doesn't". Wow they spanked us hard.

Anyway as a Catholic myself, I find it hard to root against ND. I particularly liked it when they played Miami on a regular basis - Catholics v. Convicts.

In any case 23 days until UF kicks off the 2007 season, I can't wait.
Hypocrisy. It's the new black for liberals.

KROC

Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:17 pm

Notre Dame is an overrated school/team that gets by on its past rather than what it is doing now. I love when Domer honk talks about "tradition". I hate to say it, but every major program has "tradition" that fans can be proud of (except for my 'Canes  Wink ). I can't wait for AA61hvy aka the Peter Gammons of Notre Dame starts explaining why the Domers suck this year.

piercey

Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:53 pm

1. 9 straight bowl game losses including such upper tier (ha!) bowls as the Independence and Insight Bowls and a bunch of these weren't even close but pretty big blowouts.

Umm.... We would have won those if they were playoffs? Is that a valid argument?

Continual lightweight schedule

Have you seen ND's schedule this year. We're gonna get killed!!!  Sad

GO IRISH  biggrin 

piercey in CLE  Sad
Well I believe it all is coming to an end. Oh well, I guess we are gonna pretend.

deltagator
Topic Author

Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:10 am

Quoting Pope (Reply 2):
I don't know if you remember but ND handed us our asses in the Sugar Bowl over a decade ago. I remember the signs around campus read "Cherrios belong in Bowls - Notre Dame doesn't". Wow they spanked us hard.

I was there. I remember it well. Those damn green jerseys are what did it. Luck of the freaking Irish!

Quoting Piercey (Reply 4):
Umm.... We would have won those if they were playoffs? Is that a valid argument?

It's not but I'll give you points for trying. It's better than the normal "we may have lost to so-and-so but we beat these other guys who beat so-and-so therefore we are just as good as so-and-so and really should have beaten them if it wasn't for that stump in the middle of the field (old Florida reference to losing games) or those damn referees.

Quoting Piercey (Reply 4):
Have you seen ND's schedule this year.

Good Opponents
Michigan
USC
Boston College

Inconsistent Opponents
Georgia Tech
Penn State
Michigan State
Purdue
UCLA
Navy

Puss Opponents
Air Force
Duke
Stanford
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

KROC

Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:28 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 5):
Air Force

Come on. Air Force is not a Puss opponent. They just don't (and can't) have the size to compete against the boys of a top program.

Tom in NO

Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:37 am

he counters that I must be jealous because of the NBC television contract.

The NBC argument is lame.....if for no other reason that anything sports related that makes it onto NBC is pretty much the kiss of death (see the NHL, volleyball, etc).

Good Opponents
Michigan
USC
Boston College

Inconsistent Opponents
Georgia Tech
Penn State
Michigan State
Purdue
UCLA
Navy

Puss Opponents
Air Force
Duke
Stanford

Looking at that schedule, let's assume ND wins one from the good guys, splits against the inconsistents, and sweeps the pusses (or smaller, weaker opponents).....that would make them 7-5. OK Candleburner fan...you happy with 7-5 and a trip to the Carquest Bowl? I think not. In other words, the Domers ain't going far this season...

Tom at MSY
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

nosedive

Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:33 am

Michigan...are right there at the top of being overrated.

Yeah, but we at least can lose and live with it.... Wait... that may be the CU side of me talking... lemme get back to you!

CastleIsland

Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:39 am

Notre Dame is typically over-rated. This year will no doubt be the same.

And, I've never quite understood how you can root for a college sports team unless:

1) you went there; or
2) you live in the vicinity of said school.
"People don't do what they believe in, they just do what's most convenient, then they repent." - Dylan

nosedive

Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:42 am

Quoting CastleIsland (Reply 9):

And, I've never quite understood how you can root for a college sports team unless:

Parental brain washing  stirthepot 

piercey

Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:56 am

Quoting KROC (Reply 6):

Come on. Air Force is not a Puss opponent. They just don't (and can't) have the size to compete against the boys of a top program.

checkmark 

It's not but I'll give you points for trying.

Could I get a cookie instead?  Smile

I've lived in SBN, bug off.

Either way, if the Irish get 9 wins this year, I'll be happy  Smile

piercey in CLE  Sad
Well I believe it all is coming to an end. Oh well, I guess we are gonna pretend.

deltagator
Topic Author

Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:00 am

Quoting Piercey (Reply 11):
if the Irish get 9 wins this year, I'll be happy

You're going to be disappointed. Might as well resign yourself to that fact early on before the season even starts.

EMBQA

Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:04 am

I'm a huge ND fan, but also understand that times have changed. Up until the mid 1950's it was one of the premire football schools in the country. Some of the current power house teams of today were not even ranked schools or many didn't even have programs. The one thing I'll give the Irish over most any other school today.... the kids graduate and maintain grades while playing....!! That along with the strict GPA requirements to even get accepted as a student. Just look at Brady Quinn.... one of the great QB's to come from ND..... but he's also one VERY smart kid.

[Edited 2007-08-09 20:09:27]
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

piercey

Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:09 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 12):
Quoting Piercey (Reply 11):
if the Irish get 9 wins this year, I'll be happy

You're going to be disappointed.

God, help your team! What? Your a Michigan fan?! #$%@$%@[email protected]$%!!!!!!  Wink

piercey in CLE  Sad

deltagator
Topic Author

Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:12 am

Quoting Piercey (Reply 14):
God, help your team! What? Your a Michigan fan?! #$%@$%@[email protected]$%!!!!!!

Heavens no I'm not some pansy ass Michigan fan. I'm a Gator born, bred, and graduated.

Boston92

Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:17 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 15):
I'm a Gator born, bred, and graduated.

Good for you. As I am not a graduate of Notre Dame, but have attended and work closely with Mendoza School of Business (ND's Business school). The football prgram last year was just as good as anyone. 2 losses to teams as USC and Michigan with 10 other wins (close games or not) is not bad. There is not much wrong with 10-2 season.

I have said in the other thread that Notre Dame can be overhyped...but I am not that kind of fan. I have always and will always be a Notre Dame fan, and will defend them as long as I am alive.

Past years have not been good for them, and I agree that they have been overrated, but you all make up for that with the amount of "bashing" you dish out.

This year will not be much different than last year for Notre Dame. I am not sure if they will get a BCS bowl bid, but I will project they will get at least 9 wins on the season. I am also projecting that there won't be any OSU's or Michigan that are undefeated, causing a lot of 2 and three loss teams.

Good luck to all.

deltagator
Topic Author

Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:45 am

Quoting Boston92 (Reply 16):
There is not much wrong with 10-2 season.

Uhmmm.....10-3. Or have you already cast from your mind the beatdown LSU gave you in the Sugar Bowl? That is why we say ND is overrated. They had no business being in that bowl given the outcome. They have been living on past success and that success is going on 15 years stale at this point.

Quoting Boston92 (Reply 16):
I am also projecting that there won't be any OSU's or Michigan that are undefeated, causing a lot of 2 and three loss teams.

I still think SouthernCal can run the board this year. Not sure about anyone else though. I think Florida will drop 1 game, maybe 2. The thing that helps us with a younger team this year is that we are at home for Auburn, FSU, and Tennessee and we always count the Cocktail Party in Jacksonville as a home game.

Boston92

Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:00 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 17):
Uhmmm.....10-3. Or have you already cast from your mind the beatdown LSU gave you in the Sugar Bowl? That is why we say ND is overrated. They had no business being in that bowl given the outcome. They have been living on past success and that success is going on 15 years stale at this point.

Well then OSU had no business in the national championship then given its final score, right? Let me remind you that it was the exact same final score as the ND LSU game. Yeah, but Notre Dame didn't even score ANY points in the second half. Oh wait... neither did OSU.

Notre Dame had every right to be in the Sugar Bowl. If we are talking teams that did not belong, only one comes to mind. Florida (even with the win).

Lets look at losses:

OVERRATED Notre Dame loses to Michigan and USC (both were ranked in the top 3)

GREAT USC loses to Oregon St and UCLA (those are powerhouses ranked in the, oh wait, they weren't ranked)

deltagator
Topic Author

Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:55 am

Quoting Boston92 (Reply 18):
If we are talking teams that did not belong, only one comes to mind. Florida (even with the win)

You're kidding right? Florida would have demolished you had we ended up in the Sugar Bowl. You don't have the speed, something OSU learned all too quickly against us, to keep up nor the various targets we had for scoring.

OSU belonged in the title game because they earned it which is something ND can't say. OSU lost because of lack of speed and believing their own hype and media prognostications for 60+ days without playing a game.

And I stick by my assessment of ND not being good enough for the Sugar Bowl. That berth should have gone to Wisconsin who would have put up somewhat of a fight.

I'll give you this one Boston, you may not be an alumnus but you do have some connections to the school which is more than the majority of ND fans can claim. Your thoughts are wrong and based on decades old numbers but you've got spirit.

aa61hvy

Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:17 am

Quoting KROC (Reply 3):
I can't wait for AA61hvy aka the Peter Gammons of Notre Dame starts explaining why the Domers suck this year.

Wait and see.

I like the U-but what the hell have they done lately, ROC, that ND has not (aside from multiple shootings and arrests)?
After Shockey, MaGahee, and Dorsey left they have done jack-like ND-but since I'm not a fair-weather fan; I ain't quitting on them.
Go big or go home

Duff44

Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:57 am

This is from an ND fan:

Quoting AA61Hvy (Reply 1):
I'm a ND fan; at times I do think they are overrated

I agree, but I think preseason ratings are stupid anyway, so I don't pay any attention to them. There shouldn't be anyone ranked until week 6.

Quoting AA61Hvy (Reply 1):
but Jimmy Claussen; If that boy lives up to half of the hype he will be the best QB at ND since Joe Montana.

As long as he can deal with the 'pundits' shitting on him if he has a bad first year, he should be fine. QB's are limited by the talent and circumstances around them more often than not.

1) you went there; or

I have no connection to the school, other than being about 50% Irish. You know why I root for them? Dammit this is America and I can. I don't need a better reason than that.

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 19):
And I stick by my assessment of ND not being good enough for the Sugar Bowl. That berth should have gone to Wisconsin who would have put up somewhat of a fight.

Completely agreed, but Wisconsin couldn't go the Sugar Bowl under BCS rules. BCS bowls are only allowed to select 2 teams (maximum) from each conference, and the Big 10 bids went to Ohio St and Michigan.

Notre Dame got in by default (everyone in front of them made a BCS bowl except Auburn and Wisconsin, because of the 2 per conference rule)
I'll rassle ya for a bowl of bacon!

boeingfever777

Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:00 am

They are overated BIG TIME!

LMAO @ Brady Quinn for going so late in the Draft!  rotfl   rotfl 

Only teams you need to talk about... USC, LSU, UT, Florida this year.
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre.

S12PPL

Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:10 am

Notre Shame is the most over rated program in the nation. Their TV contract with NBC is merely a contract NBC would love to get out of I'm sure, if it weren't for the fact that it's set in concrete for all time.

Not only has Notre Shame lost 9 straight bowl games, but they were almost ALL blowout losses. Of course, as an Oregon State fan, I have to bring up 41-9 in the 2001 Fiesta Bowl...And another blowout loss in the Insight Bowl.

It's always fun to watch Notre Shame lose. It was even more fun watching Notre Shame fans file out of Sun Devil Stadium midway through the 3rd quarter of the Fiesta Bowl in '01. God that was a good time!
Next Flights: 12/31 AS804 PDX-MCO 2/3 AS19 MCO-SEA QX2545 SEA-PDX

D L X

Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:15 am

I'll be banned if I speak my mind, so I'll just say ND sucks, Florida sucks, Urban Meyer sucks, and the SEC can go to hell.

It's really too bad I can't tell you what I really think, DG.  Wink

deltagator
Topic Author

Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:44 am

Quoting D L X (Reply 24):
It's really too bad I can't tell you what I really think, DG.

I know what you want to say. It's just too bad that you're still nursing yur wounds from the beatdown USC laid on you in the Rose Bowl to speak them.  Wink

Just kidding with you DLX. I think Michigan could be pretty good this year and the odds on favorite to win the Big"We Can't Count for Shit" Ten/Eleven.

so I'll just say ND sucks

Here we agree.

Florida sucks, Urban Meyer sucks, and the SEC can go to hell.

You're just jealous of the success. Admit it, we were a damn good team last year and earned our spot in the title game.

Boston92

Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:49 am

Quoting BoeingFever777 (Reply 22):
LMAO @ Brady Quinn for going so late in the Draft!

Laughing? You don't even know what the hell you are talking abuut. Oakland and Detroit were the first two teams and they could not afford him, so why pick him, and the rest of the teams up to CLE did not need a new QB.

I also wouldn't call the first round late in the draft.

Boston92

Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:54 am

you may not be an alumnus but you do have

you've got spirit.

Thanks DG. I spent 2 semesters at the school and really enjoyed it, but I enjoyed going to the games even more. Even you would enjoy going to watch Notre Dame play at Notre Dame Stadium.

The campus really is great. They even have their own post office and zip code (Notre Dame, Indiana).

aa61hvy

Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:05 am

LMAO @ Brady Quinn for going so late in the Draft! rotfl rotfl

Ted Ginn went early; and according to most people he is sucking it up in training camp...Doesn't mean shit...

Oh and lets talk about late draft picks...Tom Brady... Hmmmm he went, what in the third round? He really sucks, huh? Draft picks mean nothing.
Go big or go home

deltagator
Topic Author

Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:12 am

Quoting Boston92 (Reply 26):
Oakland and Detroit were the first two teams and they could not afford him,

But yet Oakland took Jamarcus Russell and will sign him to a more expensive contract than what Quinn signed....hmmm....how are you going to spin that one?

so why pick him

Maybe because he couldn't win the big game, was a consistent underperformer, and only threw up gaudy numbers against crappy teams.

the rest of the teams up to CLE did not need a new QB.

Miami needed one bad and they passed for a 27 year old dork from BYU.

deltagator
Topic Author

Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:15 am

Quoting AA61Hvy (Reply 28):
Ted Ginn went early; and according to most people he is sucking it up in training camp

Because that jackass still has a bum ankle from endzone dancing, is too small, and can only run three routes. Wasted effin' draft pick by my Fish.

Duff44

Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:15 am

Tom Brady... Hmmmm he went, what in the third round?

6th.... 199th pick overall

Quoting S12PPL (Reply 23):
Their TV contract with NBC is merely a contract NBC would love to get out of I'm sure, if it weren't for the fact that it's set in concrete for all time.

That's why they've had it since 1991 and extended it in 2003...

Yeah sure
I'll rassle ya for a bowl of bacon!

D L X

Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:17 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 25):
Admit it, we were a damn good team last year and earned our spot in the title game.

you were a damn good team, but you did not earn your spot in the title game.

We've been through this already, and I've already been shown to be right, and you've already been shown to be .... something other than right.

EMBQA

Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:41 am

What I find funny... the non Notre Dame fans act like kids and do nothing but belittle the school and the program, and the pro Notre Dame fans just post comments...
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

deltagator
Topic Author

Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:48 am

Quoting D L X (Reply 32):
but you did not earn your spot in the title game.

So many others disagree with you.

Quoting D L X (Reply 32):
We've been through this already, and I've already been shown to be right, and you've already been shown to be .... something other than right.

You were shown to be right? Really? I think our beating of OSU and your beating from USC shows you to be wrong. But feel free to keep off your meds.  Wink

Like I said, I think you'll be a good team this year. Perhaps even in the title game. Who knows. We'll see.

piercey

Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:20 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 15):
Heavens no I'm not some pansy ass Michigan fan. I'm a Gator born, bred, and graduated.

I was actually referring to the big man himself, but whatever

LMAO @ Brady Quinn for going so late in the Draft!

bored 

Brett Favre (2nd round) or Joey Harrington (3rd overall)

Jake Delhomme (undrafted) or David Carr (1st overall)

Kyle Boller (19th overall) vs. Matt Hasselbeck (6th round)

Jeff Garcia (undrafted) or Tim Couch (1st overall)

not to mention:

Tom Brady... Hmmmm he went, what in the third round?

(sixth round  Wink )

Oakland and Detroit were the first two teams and they could not afford him,

Boston, Russel is earning more then Quinn.....

and the rest of the teams up to CLE did not need a new QB.

Everyone is in basic agreement that MIA had their brains MIA when they passed on Quinn.

piercey in CLE  Sad

PurdueAv2003

Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:38 pm

Quoting Pope (Reply 2):
Anyway as a Catholic myself, I find it hard to root against ND.

I have a question for all of the Catholics out there. WHY?! I have had many Catholic friends that have been ND fans, but couldn't answer that one question except with "Well, just because". Is there some Papal decree? At any rate, Go Boilers! We'll see you in Ross-Ade in September!  box 
Ptu = Ftu X Anet (not to be confused with a.net)

Boston92

Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:56 pm

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 29):
But yet Oakland took Jamarcus Russell and will sign him to a more expensive contract than what Quinn signed....hmmm....

Okay Okay...point taken...

Brady Quinn is an NFL QB. He will have a ring in his first 7 years, and at least 2 in his career. Quinn will do much better things in the NFL than Russell will. Russell has his arm and nothing else. He will struggle in his career, especially with a team such as the Raiders.

piercey

Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:59 pm

Quoting PurdueAv2003 (Reply 36):
We'll see you in Ross-Ade in September!

Keep drinking the Ross-Ade  Wink

Quoting Boston92 (Reply 37):
Quinn will do much better things in the NFL than Russell will. Russell has his arm and nothing else. He will struggle in his career, especially with a team such as the Raiders.

For all we know, Chris Leak will have a better career then either of them, Boston, too soon to tell.

btw, the Raiders won't be that bad this year. They have a decent defense, and he does have weapons to throw to.

piercey in CLE  Sad

ordryan28

Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:39 pm

Dude, maybe were overrated, but atleast we play with heart, and have standards rather than letting just anyone in our school (unlike, say, Florida).
Whoever said winning is not everything never fought cancer.

AASuper83

Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:08 pm

They're overrated. I'm going to have to agree with DeltaGator on this one. What has ND done lately that has made them a great program? Getting shellacked by Oregon State in the Fiesta Bowl? or was it getting beat down by Ohio State in 05? Please, enlighten me.

As they say........God may have made ND #1.....but UM made them #2.

ordryan28

Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:11 pm

Quoting AASuper83 (Reply 40):
AASuper83

stop talking

AASuper83

Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:16 pm

The truth hurts sometimes doesn't it? ND football hasn't been relevant in the national title picture in at least the last 20 years. Every year, it's the same thing....."ND will win the title, blah blah blah, etc". Of course, they always choke it away.
Must be hard to watch year in and year out.

ordryan28

Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:21 pm

Quoting AASuper83 (Reply 42):
The truth hurts sometimes doesn't it?

Nope...you're just obnoxious and incompetent

deltagator
Topic Author

Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:54 pm

Quoting ORDRyan28 (Reply 39):
maybe were overrated,

You are. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

but atleast we play with heart

Except on the road where you play dead like a Possum.

and have standards rather than letting just anyone in our school (unlike, say, Florida).

Uhmm....you might want to go retract that statement about Florida. We have pretty high standards and don't just let anyone in. We may not have the same academic standards as ND but we're no Miami with the folks we let in.

And I've always said ND has great academic standards and I applaud them for that. That is one thing they have going for them.

Boston92

Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:26 am

Quoting AASuper83 (Reply 42):
Every year, it's the same thing....."ND will win the title, blah blah blah, etc".

HA! When was the last time anyone said that? Definately was not in the last 8 years, not seriously anyways.

Notre Dame will NOT when the title this year, but they WILL do a helluva lot better than any of you guys perceive.

deltagator
Topic Author

Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:37 am

Quoting Boston92 (Reply 45):
HA! When was the last time anyone said that? Definately was not in the last 8 years, not seriously anyways.

So you're going to look me in the eye and say with a straight face that when the preseason rankings came out last year and you were listed #2 that you all didn't entertain the idea of being national champs and that various prognosticators were saying the very same thing.

Are you really going to try and say that?  Wink

ordryan28

Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:50 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 46):
Are you really going to try and say that? Wink

Yes...I will. I knew they'd be good, nowhere near a national championship though. They have a lot of work left to do before they can be serious contenders.

Longhornmaniac

Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:59 am

Quoting ORDRyan28 (Reply 47):

Yes...I will. I knew they'd be good, nowhere near a national championship though. They have a lot of work left to do before they can be serious contenders.

Ladies and gentlemen, STOP THE PRESSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is a rational ND fan, who hasn't drunk too much green kool-aid yet!  biggrin   Wink Quit while you're ahead!!!!

Cheers,
Cameron
Cheers,
Cameron

boeingfever777

Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:06 am

Laughing? You don't even know what the hell you are talking abuut. Oakland and Detroit were the first two teams and they could not afford him, so why pick him,

Really... Don't cry cause your boy can't win big bowl games and went to his home team Browns! The Raiders will give Jamarcus Russell what he wants and could afford your precious Quinn... So please get over it and yes I know what I'm talking about.

Quinn=not clutch= no Bowl rings! haha... Big grin
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre.