RE: Karl Rove To Resign In August.

Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:01 pm

Praise Jesus.
International Homo of Mystery

jcs17

Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:06 pm

Oh, thank God!

Africa will be fed and peaceful, Mexico will have domestic jobs, and I hear Tehran will be hosting Woodstock '08 (simulcast to Caracas)!

Man, if you think Karl Rove is pulling strings in the White House, you might want to check out a couple more plausable conspiracy theories.

[Edited 2007-08-13 11:11:12]
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

Longhornmaniac

Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:46 pm

Quoting JCS17 (Reply 3):

Man, if you think Karl Rove is pulling strings in the White House, you might want to check out a couple more plausable conspiracy theories.

Hope you're enjoying that kool-aid the GOP is serving up.  sarcastic 

Cheers,
Cameorn
Cheers,
Cameron

AeroWesty

Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:46 pm

AsstChiefMark

Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:58 pm

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 5):
Rove predicts Hillary will win in '08:

Ooops, friend. That's "win nomination."
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

ltbewr

Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:01 pm

I would assume there will be a huge happy dance by Democrats with his departure at the 31st. He is resigning using the usual reason for scoundrels, 'to spend more time with his family'. To me, good riddance.
Let's face reality - he has been and will continue to be a major target of investigations by the Democrats for his excessive involvement of politics in the decisions and policies of the Bush 43 Presidency. This should appease some of the Democrats, now they have gotten one of their biggest targets they have been after for years. Of course, he could go to help, at an excellent salary, a or the chosen Republican Presidential candidate.

cfalk

Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:16 pm

Quoting Longhornmaniac (Reply 4):
Hope you're enjoying that kool-aid the GOP is serving up.

Sounds like you're the one drinking the Kool-Aid. why do you hate the guy so much. The only things you have against him is propoganda sourced from MoveOn.Org and other such radical sources.

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 7):
Let's face reality - he has been and will continue to be a major target of investigations by the Democrats for his excessive involvement of politics in the decisions and policies of the Bush 43 Presidency.

Excessive??? What do you call excessive? Was he an influential member of the Administration? Yes. But every president from Washington onwards has surrounded himself with advisors. The last one who tried to avoid "excessive influence" from advisors was LBJ, who was so intent on micromanaging everything he lost a war because he wanted to approve every target himself.

This should appease some of the Democrats, now they have gotten one of their biggest targets they have been after for years.

They didn't "Get him". He's a free man, in spite of every attempt they have made to frame him.
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

AirportSeven

Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:00 pm

Let's see, the Republican Party is in tatters, the political process in America has become a series of smears and half-truths, and Liberals hate Conservatives and Conservatives think Liberals are devil-worshipping terrorist lovers, and the Neo-conservatives have mired the American military in a middle east country with problems that don't have a military solution.

Yep, Turdblossom's work is done. I just love how he calls our elected leaders in Congress a "mob". A miserable excuse for a leaking sack of monkey spunk like Rove who has been drawing a taxpayer subsidized check without having been elected to his office should watch his mouth better than that.

I wonder if John McCain is shedding any crocodile tears for Rove. Remember the South Carolina push polls? Rove showed America's favorite War Hero how you play on the dirty end of the field back in 2000, that's for sure. If he can sleep at night, more power to him. He should feel lucky that he's not swinging from a yard arm, or at least that he's not had his ass publically kicked for some of the shit that he has pulled.

I hope that he and all his money are happy together in the private sector. I personally can't wait for his book to come out so I can read about how great he is and how he and Cheney really got everything right. I'm sure if he repeats that lie enough, 23% of everyone who hears it will believe it.

Flee your sinking ship, rat. Your place in history is secure.

Falcon84

Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:56 pm

Quoting JCS17 (Reply 3):

rotfl 

That'll be the funniest, most delusional line I read all week on here.  rotfl 

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 8):

Charles, you used to be a voice of reason. Now, you sound only like a puppet on the right. How the mighty have fallen.
Work Right, Fly Hard

Pope

Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:20 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 10):
That'll be the funniest, most delusional line I read all week on here.

Says the President of the Tin Foil hat society.
Hypocrisy. It's the new black for liberals.

fxramper

Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:25 am

Quoting Pope (Reply 11):

rotfl 

Wonder what he'll end up doing in Texas now?

confused 

Falcon84

Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:40 am

Quoting Pope (Reply 11):
That'll be the funniest, most delusional line I read all week on here.

Uh, whatever, Pope. If Jcs17 doesn't think that Rove was not the master puppeteer of this outfit, then I find that extremely hysterical. So, to get back on topic, what do you think of Karl leaving Dodge?

Quoting FXramper (Reply 12):

Hoping Bush runs for Governor again?
Work Right, Fly Hard

Pope

Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:08 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 13):
If Jcs17 doesn't think that Rove was not the master puppeteer of this outfit, then I find that extremely hysterical. So, to get back on topic, what do you think of Karl leaving Dodge?

Again the hypocrisy. It's ok for you to take the thread off topic and comment on what JCS17 thinks but wheb someone comments about what you think the thread needs to be brought back to the topic. Once again, you prove that you live by the mantra - do what I say, not what I do.

# # #

As for what I think - I really don't care. I've never thought about Rove too much.

I've always thought he looks weird. I've heard he's smart. I assume he's politically sharp, though in my opinion he's made a lot of mistakes in shaping public opinion. At the end of the day he's a political advisor whose counsel the President valued. I'm sure he's got some interestin stories to tell and it will be fun watching him rip into the Congressional leadership once he's out of the White House and no longer muzzled by his position.

Klaus

Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:11 am

Charles, you used to be a voice of reason.

When, please, and in which universe...? Big grin

RJdxer

Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:22 am

He did?

"In the interview in which he indicated his desire to step down after 7 years in Washington, Mr Rove predicted that Hillary Clinton would win the Democratic presidential nomination and called her ”a tough, tenacious, fatally flawed candidate”. "
Sounds more like he predicts she will win the Democratic nomination which, at this point, I would agree with.

Quoting AirportSeven (Reply 9):
miserable excuse for a leaking sack of monkey spunk like Rove who has been drawing a taxpayer subsidized check without having been elected to his office should watch his mouth better than that.

Same as the pukes who staff many Congressional offices and have declared open season on investigations into the White House.

Quoting AirportSeven (Reply 9):
Rove showed America's favorite War Hero how you play on the dirty end of the field back in 2000, that's for sure.

Well McCain fixed that with McCain-Fiengold muzzlement act.

This is pretty simple. The White House Chief of Staff has said that if you are working for the White House past Labor Day of 2007 he will expect you to stay on till the end of the term in January 2009.

"He said he decided to leave after White House Chief of Staff Joshua Bolten told senior aides that if they stayed past Labor Day they would be obliged to remain through the end of the president's term in January 2009."

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_6611500?source=rss
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever. I'm going to Texas!

JetBlueGuy2006

Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:26 am

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 8):
They didn't "Get him". He's a free man, in spite of every attempt they have made to frame him.

Nobody needs to "frame him." Anybody who is in the middle could see that most of everything that went on in the White House in one way or another had the footprint of Karl Rove
Home Airport: Capital Region International Airport (KLAN)

OU812

Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:27 am

I knew it was only a matter of time before the Kool Aid drinkers would come out & celebrate the news of Rove's resignation, reminiscent to that of Hitler jumping for joy when he learned of the demise of Roosevelt. What you folks are completely over looking is the fact that Rove will still be heavily engaged in the political process. And the decision to resign when he did was planned for months, if not years ago. He will also be, to some extent, insulated from most if not all of his political rivals, since he has severed his connection to Washington/White House. Now he can take a few months off, then concentrate all his efforts for the 08' elections!

Be careful what you wish for guys. Rove is gonna get you guys again and it's going to be a blast watching him using those partisan hanks on the far left to his advantage.

rotfl 

[Edited 2007-08-13 18:37:31]

Klaus

Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:37 am

Quoting OU812 (Reply 18):
I knew it was only a matter of time before the Kool Aid drinkers would come out & celebrate the news of Rove's resignation, reminiscent to that of Hitler jumping for joy when he learned of the demise of Roosevelt.

I guess you want to rethink that statement...

Be careful what you wish guys. Rove is gonna get you guys again and it's going to be a blast watching him using those partisan hanks on the left to his advantage.

It is bizarre to watch but weirdly fascinating how some people can draw a deep breath of a toxic dump site and then go: "Ahh.... Roses!"  crazy   hypnotized 

Dougloid

Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:47 am

Quoting Klaus (Reply 19):
I knew it was only a matter of time before the Kool Aid drinkers would come out & celebrate the news of Rove's resignation, reminiscent to that of Hitler jumping for joy when he learned of the demise of Roosevelt.

I guess you want to rethink that statement...

I'm no Kool Aid drinker. Never liked the stuff after Jonestown. It had too many.....ahem...negative connotations. Plus it has a flavor only a nine year old could love.

What it looks like to me is "Rats deserting a sinking ship".

Now. Just to prove I'm a reasonable fellow, how about a sporting proposition? A pool on how long Alvin Gonzales is going to be around?

Oh, I forgot. Here's a picture that looks awfully like Mitt (Mutt?) Romney. Do you see the family resemblance?

Big version: Width: 130 Height: 97 File size: 3kb
max headroom
max headroom
max headroom
If you believe in coincidence, you haven't looked close enough-Joe Leaphorn

frequentflyer

Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:59 am

Big relief for the Country

Quoting Pope (Reply 14):
As for what I think - I really don't care. I've never thought about Rove too much.

Same here. Bush 43 is responsible for any shortcoming that guy may have had. He might have been as bad as his advisors were.

This being said, Rove never ever helped Bush look and feel intelligent nor candid imho. More like subservient and cloak-and-daggersih. Which is weird, as Bush personality-wise is supposedly quite a good guy.
Take off and live

fxramper

Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:11 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 13):
Hoping Bush runs for Governor again?

There is a guy that works part time at FedEx and at the Austin UnAmerican Statesman.

He seems to think Rove is headed to Camp Romney.

Comments?

OU812

Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:12 am

Quoting Dougloid (Reply 20):
I'm no Kool Aid drinker.

Never said you were. However, the way in which you replied makes it look as though you are one, because it appears you hate everyone on the right, for the simple fact that they are Republicans/conservatives.

Oh, I forgot. Here's a picture that looks awfully like Mitt (Mutt?) Romney. Do you see the family resemblance?

Why is Mitt Romey part of this equation? From my perspective it looks as though you're busting on him for the simple fact that he's a republican. I don't have an issue with that. And, I will admit, it's funny. However, it makes your statement [I'm no Kool Aid drinker] hypocritical. footinmouth 

A pool on how long Alvin Gonzales is going to be around?

It amazes me how the far left hates GW more than Saddam & rough nation like Iran & Syria. . They are more concerned with the war on Bush than the War on Terror.

boggled 

mbmbos

Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:20 am

Quoting FXramper (Reply 12):

I believe he's going to be working for Lord Voldemort as a Dementor.
"If I don't manage to fly, someone else will. The spirit wants only for there to be flying. As for who happens to do it, in that he has only a passing interest."
- R.M. Rilke

ConcordeBoy

Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:40 am

now they have gotten one of their biggest targets

How exactly have they "gotten" him?

And the decision to resign when he did was planned for months, if not years ago

With such a trite/contrived reason as "spend more time with his family", I'm gonna go out on a limb and call BULLSHIT on your statement--- unless you have some manner of corroboration you've yet to display.

Quoting FXramper (Reply 22):

Heard that from several sources this morning as well.
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

OU812

Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:52 am

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 25):
And the decision to resign when he did was planned for months, if not years ago

With such a trite/contrived reason as "spend more time with his family", I'm gonna go out on a limb and call BULLSHIT on your statement--- unless you have some manner of corroboration you've yet to display.

Please tell where I stated that Rove will "spend more time with his family.

I suggested he will still be invovled with politics. I said nothing regarding his family.

then concentrate all his efforts for the 08' elections!

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 25):
Quoting FXramper (Reply 22):

Heard that from several sources this morning as well.

Looks like you feel he'll still be politically active as I. If what you heard is true regarding Rove teaming up with Romney on the day that he announced his resignation. I think it's fair to say Rove has been considering this move for some time .

[Edited 2007-08-13 19:59:50]

Dougloid

Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:52 am

Quoting OU812 (Reply 23):
I'm no Kool Aid drinker.

Never said you were. However, the way in which you replied makes it look as though you are one, because it appears you hate everyone on the right, for the simple fact that they are Republicans/conservatives.

You assume too much. I am like the protagonist in Lawrence Ferlinghetti's poem "Dog".

I do not hate right wingers, I merely have no use for them. They are like Congressman Doyle.

http://writing.upenn.edu/~afilreis/88/dog.html
If you believe in coincidence, you haven't looked close enough-Joe Leaphorn

AirTranTUS

Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:59 am

What did Karl Rove do again? Was he important in any way? Why is everyone so happy he's gone?
I love ASO!

Mir

Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:18 am

Quoting MBMBOS (Reply 24):

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

Read all about it in the breathtaking eighth installment of the beloved series: Harry Potter and the Turd Blossom.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

ConcordeBoy

Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:31 am

Quoting OU812 (Reply 26):
Please tell where I stated that Rove will "spend more time with his family.

Better yet, show me where anyone claimed ~you~ were the one to state thus.  Yeah sure
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

Klaus

Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:15 am

What it looks like to me is "Rats deserting a sinking ship".

Exactly.

Quoting MBMBOS (Reply 24):

Good match... I just don't think their uniform would suit him...!  mischievous 

Mir

Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:36 am

Quoting Klaus (Reply 31):
I just don't think their uniform would suit him...!

I think it would suit him very well.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

Falcon84

Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:46 am

Quoting Pope (Reply 14):
Again the hypocrisy. It's ok for you to take the thread off topic and comment on what JCS17 thinks but wheb someone comments about what you think

You didn't comment on what I thought, Pope. You just hurled you usual mud. I commented on the subject at hand, and what someone thought. You did not.

So, why don't you get off yur pile of horse crap, and comment on WHAT I SAID, not what you think of me? Can't do it? Then stay out of the thread, thank you.

Ah, now you're comparing those who don't like Rove and Bush to Hitler? You just demeaned about 3/4 of the nation, OU812. Care to apologize?

A quote from old Karl:

""I'm grateful to have been a witness to history. It has been the joy and the honor of a lifetime,"

Yes, Karl. Grateful that you've helped make the rich richer; continuted the policy of making multi-national corporations beyond the law of any nation; helped stomp on gays; help shape a war that should never have been fought, and while you've enjoyed the honor of a lifetime, the decisions you sat in on has ended the lifetime of over 3500 Americans; helped to polarize this nation like no other Administration in our history.

Glad you enjoyed yourself, asshole.
Work Right, Fly Hard

OU812

Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:29 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 33):
Ah, now you're comparing those who don't like Rove and Bush to Hitler? You just demeaned about 3/4 of the nation, OU812. Care to apologize?

No need to apologize on my part. Apparently, the significance of my comparison of the Kool Aid drinkers to Hitler went right over your head. Am I suprised, nope! Hitler believed briefly since Roosevelt died he won the war. THe Kool Aid crew believe a similar fantasy. They believe this is some big win. But the reality is, Rove was a strategist for GW's 2000 & 2004 elections. Which means his services are no longer needed. Rove's success in aiding Bush's 2000 & 2004 elections wins, is the reason why he is so hated by the far left.

Com'on guys get a grip or get some anger management classes under your belt!  banghead 

biggrin 

GuitrThree

Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:31 pm

Grateful that you've helped make the rich richer

Humm. And he stopped to poor from working hard and moving themselves up the ladder how?

continuted the policy of making multi-national corporations beyond the law of any nation

Huh? What exactly does that mean? Making multi-national corporations beyond the law of any nation? What law are you talking about?

helped stomp on gays

Really? He arrested and locked up how many people for being gay? He revoked the voting rights of how many people for simply being gay? He personally stopped such things as credit being extended, admission to colleges and schools, and countless other freedoms to people who are gay?

Really? He "stomped" on gays how again?

help shape a war that should never have been fought

Hummm.. Then also you should include each and every Democrat (and Republican) in Congress that voted to authorize the military strike of Iraq. You should personally hold each and everyone of them accountable for the 3,500 deaths. I believe one Hillary Clinton voted for that. I'm not holding my breath that you will hold her accountable for that vote when she wins the Democratic Nomination.

helped to polarize this nation like no other Administration in our history

Really. Polarize the nation? Have you even heard one tenth of what the Democrats have been saying lately?
As Seen On FlightRadar24! Radar ==> F-KBNA5

Falcon84

Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:36 pm

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 35):

You've obviously been sleeping the last 7 years, GT.

What I said, simply, is the policies of this Administrations. Nothing more; nothing less.

If you don't like it, that's your right. But it doesn't change the fact that it's the truth. And you, OU812, Pope, and a host of others can deny it all you want, but it's simply the sad, failed record of this Administration, and history will beat that out.

Now, go back to your cocoon.
Work Right, Fly Hard

S12PPL

Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:50 pm

About damn time, really.

A real shame this didn't happen earlier.
Next Flights: 12/31 AS804 PDX-MCO 2/3 AS19 MCO-SEA QX2545 SEA-PDX

GuitrThree

Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:53 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 36):
If you don't like it, that's your right. But it doesn't change the fact that it's the truth. And you, OU812, Pope, and a host of others can deny it all you want, but it's simply the sad, failed record of this Administration, and history will beat that out.

Now, go back to your cocoon.

Really.

That sounds like a lot of BS excuses to me. As typical, I simply ask you to back up your statements and instead of answering my questions all you can do is throw out gibberish. I'll ask again, its easy, please, just answer me this on these easy questions:

(1) He stomped on Gays how?

(2) He held back the poor and middle class how?

(3) "He continued the policy of making multi-national corporations beyond the law of any nation." Please explain this statement.

(4) He "help[ed] shape a war that should never have been fought, and while you've enjoyed the honor of a lifetime, the decisions you sat in on has ended the lifetime of over 3500 Americans" yet you hold NO DEMOCRAT who voted for this war to the same standard, INCLUDING HILLARY CLINTON.

So until you can honestly answer those 4 questions, you're the one in the cocoon of just another whacko leftist liberal who continues to buy into the lies that the media continues to spin with no substantive proof what-so-ever. Oh, and one other thing, please explain how the "failed record of this Administration" compares to the 16% (and falling daily) approval rating of the current Democratic ran House and Senate. I'd love to hear that too..

GuitrThree

Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:59 pm

Quoting S12PPL (Reply 37):
About damn time, really.

A real shame this didn't happen earlier.

Well, then maybe if you didn't like it more people should have voted for John Kerry in '04. Oh, wait, more Americans felt that GWB and his administration were better that John Kerry's.

Sorry if you didn't agree with the majority. Better luck next time.

S12PPL

Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:06 pm

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 39):
Well, then maybe if you didn't like it more people should have voted for John Kerry in '04. Oh, wait, more Americans felt that GWB and his administration were better that John Kerry's.

Sorry if you didn't agree with the majority. Better luck next time.

Wow... way to turn this into an election debate.

Cool your jets, scooter. Get the reference to "Scooter"?  Smile
Next Flights: 12/31 AS804 PDX-MCO 2/3 AS19 MCO-SEA QX2545 SEA-PDX

seb146

Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:21 pm

I am happy to see him gone, but I will not truly rejoice until the next president has a (D) behind their name! The one I feel sorry for is the person that has to run against the person that hires Rove. All the mud slinging and smearing that will go on.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

AGM100

Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:40 pm

OK after watching oberman , matthews ... I can freely say now that even during the Clinton administration ..republicans were never that biased. Their remarks tonight were juvenile and completely hate filled.

I dont give a crap about Rove ,, but he sure as hell did not do anything close to what the press is dreaming up..

All they can do is make these stupid accusations that have never been proven after all the action by the judiciary.
Now that is dividing the country more than anything .. what a joke
You dig the hole .. I fill the hole . 100% employment !

AeroWesty

Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:18 pm

Quoting AsstChiefMark (Reply 6):
Ooops, friend. That's "win nomination."

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 16):

He did?

You both may be right. I didn't see nomination in the article when I first read it, and now that reference is completely removed. Either I made an error in reading, or the article has been amended a few times since the first time I clicked on it. (By the "last updated" time in the byline, it's hard to tell.)

Pope

Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:30 pm

You didn't comment on what I thought, Pope. You just hurled you usual mud. I commented on the subject at hand, and what someone thought. You did not.

So, why don't you get off yur pile of horse crap, and comment on WHAT I SAID, not what you think of me? Can't do it? Then stay out of the thread, thank you.

Again with the hypocrisy. You can comment on other people but other people shouldn't be able to comment on you.

Now in addition to that hypocrisy, you want to serve as the arbiter of what is and what is not exactly on topic.

Love it.

OU812

Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:52 am

helped to polarize this nation like no other Administration in our history.

What polarized the nation was the left leaning agenda based media & the angry, far left, people such as yourself Falcon84, believing most if not all the drivel & spin spouted out by the media. It all started when GW won the 2000 election, by accumulating more electoral votes, but having fewer popular votes. Was it fair? Maybe not. However, it was legal. Then GW won in 2004, which angered the already delusional hacks even more, which resulted in George Bush Derangement syndrome.  crazy  They're small in number, but very loud!

Yes, Karl. Grateful that you've helped make the rich richer;

Would it make you any happier if he made them poorer? If you got your wish, the entire nation would suffer, not to mention other parts of the world as well.[you'd complain about that too if that happened under a republican pres. I'm sure]

And let me tell you something Mr Doom & Gloom, anyone can make it in the US if one has the right attitude, "anyone" especially these last 5 years. I just have a high school education. Yet, I have prospered quite well the past 6 years in both the stock market & real estate. I worked my way out of the ditches, bought & sold a few houses. And now own & live on a multi-family property, having to small cottages near the Jersey Shore, collecting a monthly $1,300 rent check, in a very affluent neighborhood. Did anyone give that to me? No! I worked very hard for it! I will admit, I did have to bust my ass quite often & still do. However, while you've been stewing over completely irrelevant issues & bitching like little girls, I & many other people of this great nation were hard at work & making it happen!!! '

The US is still the land of opportunity. Hard work & determination is what made this nation the great nation that it is today. However, people such as Falcon84 & media are only capable of being nothing but pessimistic.

Keep your greedy/lazy hands off my hard earned money!

AeroWesty

Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:56 am

Quoting OU812 (Reply 45):
anyone can make it in the US if one has the right attitude, "anyone" especially these last 5 years.

We've been doing that for over 200 years no matter which party is holding the seat of power in the government.

Falcon84

Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:06 am

Quoting OU812 (Reply 45):
Keep your greedy/lazy hands off my hard earned money!

rotfl  You think I'm talking about YOU? I'm talking about these multi-billionaires, who have the access to our representatives, and can get legislation passed in their favor to give them huge tax relief, not someone like you.

And you dare call me greedy and lazy? On what grounds? I don't want your money. I work for a living to support my family, and do the best I can for them. Where do you get off on that?

The fact remains since this President took office, the gap between richest and poorest has skyrocketed. That's because he has passed legislation tht favors only two groups-the ultra-rich, and corporations. That's his base of support, and those are the one's who have benefitted the most.

And I'm glad you think Mr. Bush has made your prosperous. Goody for you.

Get off your high horse, and realize that NOT everyone can make it. That's a GOP-instilled myth that is used to beat on people less fortunate than you.

Your tirade impresses me not.
Work Right, Fly Hard

Falcon84

Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:08 am

Quoting Pope (Reply 44):
Now in addition to that hypocrisy, you want to serve as the arbiter of what is and what is not exactly on topic.

The topic is Karl Rove. My answer to Jcs was on that topic.

If you want to make me President of the Tin Foil Hat society, start a new thread.

What you were doing is trying to deflect the thread off Karl and onto other things. It didn't work.
Work Right, Fly Hard

OU812

Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:26 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 47):
You think I'm talking about YOU? I'm talking about these multi-billionaires, who have the access to our representatives, and can get legislation passed in their favor to give them huge tax relief, not someone like you.

Sure you are! Your liberal buddies want to raise my capital gains tax, which the republican congress lowered in 97' for the little guys.

I work for a living to support my family, and do the best I can for them.

Really!  eyebrow 
By spending all your time on a-nett! 11,000 replies in 2 years.

rotfl 

The fact remains since this President took office, the gap between richest and poorest has skyrocketed. That's because he has passed legislation that favors only two groups-the ultra-rich, and corporations.

Wrong!
He has passed legislation that promotes a robust & resilient economy. Low unemployment, corp. profits & tax revenues at all time highs. Stock market nearly doubling in 6 years. All that helps the US as a whole. Which means everyone!We've been through this before. In one ear & out the other. And what's wrong with aiding US corporations? Sounds like you want to penalize US corporations. Which will only result in a much higher unemployment rate, not to mention kill our economy. That sounds like a great plan if you ask me!  sarcastic 

Why do I even bother! Where's the Tylenol?

ill