aaflt1871
Topic Author

Michael Vick Accepts Plea Deal.

Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:56 am

Looking at 18 to 36 months in prison, his attorneys are trying to cut it to less than a year. The dumb fuck had everything, now he is looking at a lifetime ban in the N.F.L for gambling, hope you get it up the ass in prison for what you did with the dogs you dumb bitch.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/08/20/vick/index.html
Where did everybody go?

miamiair

RE: Michael Vick Accepts Plea Deal.

Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:59 am

Everybody said he could play.

They never said anything about him having brains...

Give him a lifetime ban.
Molon Labe - Proud member of SMASH

AirCop

Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:05 am

Based on what I read, I would hope the court gives him the upper level prison term.

Quoting Miamiair (Reply 1):
Everybody said he could play.

Didn't one of the Mora's say the Vick was a coach career killer, with his play.

Give him a lifetime ban.

It would be a PR nightmare to have this guy on your team even after serving his time.. Wouldn't he be a great fit for Cleveland and its dog pound..  bomb 

FlagshipAZ

Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:06 am

He was already tried & convicted by the court of public opinion. This plea deal only seals it legally.
Wait until prison's population gets ahold of his sorry ass. What a pathetic loser.
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." --Ben Franklin

MCOflyer

Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:07 am

Give him the ban for the period of his sentence and put him on probation for period of 1-3 years.

Hunter
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

LTU932

Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:16 am

Perma-ban his sorry ass, but not just in the NFL, but in all kinds of sports. No sport can accept people like Michael Vick, Tim Donaghy, Robert Hoyzer, and others for their gambling.

Vick is a disgrace to the NFL and professional sports.
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

aaflt1871
Topic Author

Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:21 am

Quoting MCOflyer (Reply 4):
Give him the ban for the period of his sentence and put him on probation for period of 1-3 years.

Why. He violated League Policy and deseves the maxium penalty allowed. This was not a "I got caught running a poker operation gambling and think a lifetime ban is too harsh". This was a Cruel dogfighting gambling ring. Besides what team would even sign him when he gets out? Do you have any idea of the protests that team would incure?
Where did everybody go?

andrewuber

Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:23 am

Give him a lifetime ban. The only dog action he's going to see from now on is when he goes to prison and becomes someone's bitch. I'm sure his cellmate will give it to him doggy style.
I'd rather shoot BAD_MOTIVE

dl021

Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:30 am

He ought to be banned for life from football.

I hope he can use his degree to coach high school...no wait..he'll be a felon...use his degree to teach in some prison...no...wait;..he'll be a felon.. use his degree to get a job in the workforce....no..wait...

he can use his degree to wipe his ass, as that's all it's evidently worth, since he's evidently too stupid to buckle up when his car get's pulled over by the police while he's under indictment, so how could he have earned his degre..

oh, wait....he never got one....never mind...hmmm...I wonder if he's saved any of the money's he's made to date? Because it looks like he's bound for semi-pro football or working at some car wash when he's done.

Quoting AirCop (Reply 2):
Didn't one of the Mora's say the Vick was a coach career killer, with his play.

Mora the elder....

Quoting FlagshipAZ (Reply 3):
Wait until prison's population gets ahold of his sorry ass

He'll be sent to some country club, and if not...he'll be a hero in prison with a few exceptions. Prison will not be too tough for him. He'll probably make some dogfighting connections while he's in.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

kmh1956

Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:35 am

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 5):
and others for their gambling.

Not just gambling, in Vicks' case: we're talking animal cruelty of the highest order......killing several dogs because they didn't fight well? Screw the plea deal. Lock his sorry ass up.
'Somebody tell me why I'm on my own if there's a soulmate for everyone' :Natasha Bedingfield

NIKV69

Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:36 am

Quoting FlagshipAZ (Reply 3):
He was already tried & convicted by the court of public opinion. This plea deal only seals it legally.
Wait until prison's population gets ahold of his sorry ass. What a pathetic loser.

Well said Tom. A person like this doesn't deserve to play in the NFL. A total disregard for life. Someone should do to him what he did to those defenseless dogs.
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die.

slider

Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:58 am

I don't defend what Vick did in the least, it's totally despicable.

But it's sad that more people are outraged about Vick's cruelty to dogs yet countless humans are summarily aborted with nary a second thought. Sad testament to where our own priorities are.

miamiair

Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:00 am

Quoting AAFLT1871 (Thread starter):

Vick is getting screwed by the pooch...
Molon Labe - Proud member of SMASH

Tom in NO

Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:04 am

Quoting Slider (Reply 11):
But it's sad that more people are outraged about Vick's cruelty to dogs yet countless humans are summarily aborted with nary a second thought. Sad testament to where our own priorities are.

Now I will be carving that one in stone, and saluting it once a day and twice on Sundays.....indeed it is a sad reminder of where our priorities lie.

Agreed, though, that Vick needs to do time and be banned from the NFL.

Tom at MSY
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

yowza

Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:06 am

hope you get it up the ass in prison for what you did with the dogs you dumb bitch.

Considering Vick has Herpes (and this fact has not exactly been kept a secret) I highly doubt there will be a very long line-up of inmates wanting to bang him.

As for the NFL ban, mark my words Vick will suit up for an NFL team again. If Ray Lewis can be allowed to play after his off-field activities so will Vick.

YOWza

slider

Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:18 am

Quoting YOWza (Reply 14):
If Ray Lewis can be allowed to play after his off-field activities so will Vick.

I don't know....after all, the moral calculus is that killing people is OK, killing dogs is barbaric.

Right? That's the outrage!

FriendlySkies

Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:25 am

Don't bring abortion into this...and don't try to relate it to what Vick did. Women have reasons that they feel are justifiable (health, age, finance, etc) for having abortions, whether or not you agree with them is your opinion. Vick killed dogs because they didn't fight well enough for him...completely different subject.

slider

Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:00 am

Quoting Miamiair (Reply 12):

Vick is getting screwed by the pooch...

LOL- I hear it's ruf in jail.

Quoting FriendlySkies (Reply 16):
Don't bring abortion into this...and don't try to relate it to what Vick did. Women have reasons that they feel are justifiable (health, age, finance, etc) for having abortions, whether or not you agree with them is your opinion. Vick killed dogs because they didn't fight well enough for him...completely different subject.

It's not my opinion that Vick is being crucified for killing dogs by, oh, about 99.9% of the American population whereas abortion is looked upon as merely a form of birth control or a choice as an alternative to self-responsibility.

I'm not relating the two, I'm relating the reaction to the two and the much larger picture. Valid observation as far as I'm concerned.

NIKV69

Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:11 am

But it's sad that more people are outraged about Vick's cruelty to dogs yet countless humans are summarily aborted with nary a second thought

Oh my, Took long enough for this to come out. How do you know how many people are outraged? Do you poll them? Stick to the topic, we don't need the abortion angle here.

ltbewr

Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:48 am

Vick had finally made his deal, probably realizing that in his heart he was guilty of the charges, the evidence against him was solid, his chances of winning in court was nil and he had to take the least damaging route with the least possible jail term. This is a felony conviction and probably going to jail for at least 18 months in a medium security prison - not a country club. Most probably, Vick will never be employed by the NFL for the rest of his life because of the criminal and illegal gambling part of this story.
Let us hope that teams and advertisers will look more closely and investigate, as many already do, at the character of the people that they will be paying. Vick's situation should be an example of what not to do. The NCAA also needs to tighten up it's character rules and punish teams or anyone who commits criminal behaviors. Times have changed for all athletes and what you did bad and could hide can't be anymore.

saxdiva

Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:54 am

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 18):
Took long enough for this to come out

So far we haven't heard the "why is everyone so worked up about dogs when people are hungry/homeless/suffering religious persecution/whatever every day?" line, but I'm sure it's coming. That's where these conversations always seem to go.

All I can say is that Vick sounds like exactly the kind of brutal thug I wouldn't want in my neighborhood, and I'm glad he's going to be locked up a while. Abortion is a completely different issue, and if anyone wants to debate it, the "start new thread" link is in the same place it's always been.
See terms for details....

redngold

Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:55 am

boggled  I thought Michael Vick was the morally upstanding guy and that Marcus was the stupid idiot for hurting people.

I was wrong.  gnasher 

Sentence him to clean the dog kennels at the local animal shelter... Of course, while the dogs are being walked by others, so he has no chance to harm another animal.  no 
Up, up and away!

767Lover

Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:13 am

Do I think animals are more worthy of humane treatment than people? No. But what gets me riled up is that the kind of activity Vick and his ilk have been engaged in has had serious ramifications on an entire breed of animal.

Dogfighting, and the use of pitbulls thereof, has turned what used to be, categorically, a loving family pet into a symbol of violence and a machine for profit.

Now this breed is hated and feared, by someone else's doing. My husband and I aren't welcome in numerous cities worldwide unless we get rid of our 13-year-old family pet who has done nothing but provide gentle, loving support over the years.

It's really sad. I support his sentencing to the fullest extent of the law. It's a shame that someone who achieved the rare dream of being a professional athlete just threw it all away over greed.

yowza

Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:37 am

Quoting Slider (Reply 15):
I don't know....after all, the moral calculus is that killing people is OK, killing dogs is barbaric.

Right? That's the outrage!

Very true.

YOWza

AirframeAS

Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:00 am

Ray Lewis...

You mean the ex-Carolina Panthers wide reciever Rae Carruth, who is serving life in prison for murder?
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

LAXspotter

Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:10 am

Anyone here think Animal cruetly should recieve harsher crime sentences? No Im not a member of PETA, nor am I a pet owner, but reading what he did to the loser dogs really pissed me off.
"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" Samuel Johnson

dl021

Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:39 am

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 24):
You mean the ex-Carolina Panthers wide reciever Rae Carruth, who is serving life in prison for murder?

No....the Ray Lewis (of the Baltimore Ravens) who's actions one night in Buckhead, GA....a northern section of Atlanta, along with two of his friends, resulted in their being covered in blood after two other men were murdered with knives. He got off due to the singular incompetency of the Atlanta DA and his celebrity.

He also singlehandedly killed the Buckhead club scene which almost immediately dove into a death spiral.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

aaflt1871
Topic Author

Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:57 am

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 25):
Anyone here think Animal cruetly should recieve harsher crime sentences?

Yes. I do

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7139486?MSNHPHMA

"Last week Vick attempted to get Goodell to agree to piggyback any possible suspension with potential prison time. Goodell was unwilling to commit to that course of action."

Way to stand your ground Goodell.

"Falcons owner Arthur Blank wanted to suspend Vick when the indictment was handed down, but in order to recover any signing bonus money, the team needs Goodell to suspend Vick. Blank definitely feels betrayed by Vick, but another huge problem facing him is how will his fan base — 52 percent of his season ticket holders are African-American — react to the permanent loss of Vick, one of the league's most popular players. Some of Vick's fans in Atlanta actually believe that Vick was unfairly targeted by the Justice Department in this case."

Yeah, Vick was targeted by the Justice Department because they had nothing better to do and since he is a African American Male who is popular and has money. Certainly we could not have that so they planted the evidence on his property in Virginia and framed him for it. Bottom line, he is a piece of shit like his brother, they had all the talent in the world and blew it. Now Michael Vick will be blowing something else in prison.
Where did everybody go?

allstarflyer

Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:01 pm

Give him a lifetime ban.

Shoeless Joe banned for the deal gone south in 1919, Rose banned for betting on baseball . . . I can see Goodell dropping the hammer on Vick easily. He slammed PacMan - Roger's not afraid to put the kabosh on any player, IMO. The next big event to watch is what Goodell does with this - if he does issue a lifetime ban - to Michael Vick, we won't see any player in the NFL so much as tie his shoelaces wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if TO flipped when Goodell took over.

I don't defend what Vick did in the least, it's totally despicable.

Even though not on topic, agreed and  checkmark 

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 18):
Stick to the topic, we don't need the abortion angle here.

He didn't diverge completely off-topic.
Living the American Dream

AirframeAS

Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:29 pm

Its official! Vick is totally done! His career IS over!!!

MCOflyer

Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:36 pm

Well he still is rich. Whats next, coaching peewee football?

Hunter
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

aaflt1871
Topic Author

Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:40 pm

Quoting AAFLT1871 (Reply 27):

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7...HPHMA

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 29):

Already Posted that

Uh we are currently on Chapter 2, please try to keep up.  silly 
Where did everybody go?

AirframeAS

Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:47 pm

Quoting AAFLT1871 (Reply 31):

This is what happens when you go extercising in 104 degree heat in the evening for the first time this summer! My bad, my bad! LOL!

LHMark

Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:50 pm

Vick will do his time, go to the CFL to keep sharp, serve a suspension, apply for reinstatement and he'll be back in the NFL before you can say "Cleveland Browns, Super Bowl Champs."

Come to think of it, Ryan Leaf will be back in the league before you can say THAT.
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

ORFflyer

Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:08 pm

Looking at 18 to 36 months in prison, his attorneys are trying to cut it to less than a year. The dumb fuck had everything, now he is looking at a lifetime ban in the N.F.L for gambling, hope you get it up the ass in prison for what you did with the dogs you dumb bitch.

His attorneys are going to lose. No way will it be less than a year. Even after all of this federal part is over, the state now says they are going to indict him. It will be a harder conviction at the state level, but I think it's valid, and will stick. Strangely enough, the penalties at the state level are much harsher than the federal level, and may not even be imposed until he gets out of federal prison on this pea deal we're discussing.

Vick's troubles are just beginning.......

Quoting Redngold (Reply 21):
Sentence him to clean the dog kennels at the local animal shelter.

Close - sentence him to a couple of hours in the kennels housing the dogs they took from his house. That, or send him to Iraq to be a personal mine-sweeper.

At the state level in Virginia, they are harsher than the current federal level. See comments above.

AsstChiefMark

Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:51 pm

Considering Vick has Herpes (and this fact has not exactly been kept a secret)

I hope the hell he's the last to shower in the locker room and doesn't share towels with anyone. It would a wee bit embarrassing for a teammate to say he got herpes from that son of a bitch.
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

gunsontheroof

Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:10 am

Good riddance. Hopefully this will lead to further pursuits aimed at ending this cruel fad.
Picked a hell of a week to quit sniffing glue.

NIKV69

Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:26 am

Quoting Allstarflyer (Reply 28):
He didn't diverge completely off-topic.

Yes he did, he is trying to say we are wrong for feeling sorry for a dog because of abortion. Please..

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 29):
Its official! Vick is totally done! His career IS over!!!

Unfortunately this is not true. I am curious to see how the NFL reacts to this. They are waiting to see the plea and jail sentence.

MSYtristar

Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:34 am

I wish it was "an eye for an eye" here sometimes....because reading the things that happened in this case makes me sick to my stomach...not just in this case mind you, because anyone ever involved in animal cruelty like this needs to be beaten to within an inch of their life, but since in this case you had a ROLE MODEL for kids (that's arguable, I know, but i'm sure some kids looked up to the guy), it sort of makes it even worse in terms of percetion. So if I had it my way, I would have Vick fight one his cronies in a death match and the loser would have to die in the same way the dogs did because he wasn't tough enough or something.

Pit bulls need hugs not thugs! (I saw that on a tee shirt here in ATL and I'm trying to find out where to buy one)

PAHS200

Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:43 am

i hope he goes to "real" prison.. and not some up scale jail cell

michael

AirframeAS

Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:52 am

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 37):
Unfortunately this is not true. I am curious to see how the NFL reacts to this. They are waiting to see the plea and jail sentence.

If they came down on hard "Pacman" and the other guy (I forgot his name..), then they will come down hard on Vick. Therefore, his career is over. Pretty much.... I hope they ban Vick for life.

redngold

Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:45 am

Considering that animal cruelty is part of the "psychopathic triad" of predictive behaviors, yes, especially for children and adolescents who should be sentenced to intense counseling and diversion. People who abuse animals are also predictably more likely to abuse family members.
Up, up and away!

ScarletHarlot

Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:26 am

Here is something you can do to help. Amazon.com will not remove materials (magazines) about dogfighting and cockfighting from their website. Check it out for yourself.

http://www.amazon.com/Gamecock/dp/B0...&s=magazines&qid=1187742007&sr=8-5

http://www.hsus.org/hsus_field/anima..._activities/amazoncom_summary.html

I no longer buy anything from Amazon because of this.
But that was when I ruled the world

allstarflyer

Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:59 pm

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 37):
Yes he did

Opinion (at best).

Michael Vick could still return to the NFL someday, in some capacity (though, it's unlikely). But the window afforded him to do that is closing rapidly. Some sort of signs of regret may have helped him in the eyes of the public - the actual ticketholders (to whom Goodell may listen - or not - Goodell may just drop the hammer permanently on Vick on principle, regardless of public opinion later on) - to recognize that he could someday be worthy of a 2nd chance. But Vick, from what I can tell, hasn't showed any sign of remorse over his actions.
Living the American Dream

bhmbaglock

Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:59 pm

Considering Vick has Herpes (and this fact has not exactly been kept a secret) I highly doubt there will be a very long line-up of inmates wanting to bang him.

I don't think the big guy with AIDS will really give a flip about catching herpes.
Where are all of my respected members going?

austinairport

Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:28 pm

Looking at 18 to 36 months in prison,

Thats it. Thats Bull Shit.He Touches my dog i just might go ape shit on his ass
Big version: Width: 480 Height: 360 File size: 36kb
This is Tracie the Love of my Life!
Whoever said you can do anything you set your mind to has obviously never tried to slam a revolving door!!!

Mir

Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:50 pm

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 40):
I hope they ban Vick for life.

Unfortunately, I don't think they have the grounds on which to ban him. But a good ten year suspension would be just as effective, perhaps even more so once he's eligible to play again but finds that no organization wants to be associated with him. It's a damn shame - I was a fan of his once for what he brought to the game. He was given the opportunity to be a black superstar at a typically white position (an opportunity that the likes of Warren Moon or Randall Cunningham never really had). And he squandered it all. It's really shameful, and I'm sure Goodell will deal with it appropriately.

But it's sad that more people are outraged about Vick's cruelty to dogs yet countless humans are summarily aborted with nary a second thought.

First of all, I question your logic that abortions happen "with nary a second thought", but that's really besides the point. Whether abortions are moral or not doesn't enter into this issue - this is about killing dogs for the purposes of entertainment. You can feel whichever way you want to about abortions, but they are not for entertainment, nor do they have ties to gambling or possibly even organized crime. This is about more than just the cruelty to animals.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

767Lover

Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:13 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 46):
Whether abortions are moral or not doesn't enter into this issue - this is about killing dogs for the purposes of entertainment. You can feel whichever way you want to about abortions, but they are not for entertainment, nor do they have ties to gambling or possibly even organized crime. This is about more than just the cruelty to animals.

You know what's really sad?

I listen to one of the black talk stations during the day. Instead of talking about WHY dogfighting is wrong and the reasons for its illegality -- and perhaps educating those who grew up "in the hood" where dogfighting was considered "no big deal" -- they instead were choosing to talk about how Vick is being "victimized" by the white media and a public who "loves to see a black man go down."

Many, many of these callers (and the hosts) honestly think he is being unfairly targeted.

Another positive discussion that COULD have come of this was about the responsibility of ALL athletes to set a good example for kids, etc., and how we tend to treat them like they are untouchable in terms of the law.

But it's easier to blame others for one's failiings, I guess.

NIKV69

Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:26 pm

Quoting Allstarflyer (Reply 43):
Michael Vick could still return to the NFL someday

Oh I agree. I don't see him getting a lifetime ban and some team will sign him.

Quoting AustinAirport (Reply 45):
Thats it. Thats Bull Shit.He Touches my dog i just might go ape shit on his ass

Cute dog!

Mir

Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:10 am

Quoting 767Lover (Reply 47):
You know what's really sad?

I listen to one of the black talk stations during the day. Instead of talking about WHY dogfighting is wrong and the reasons for its illegality -- and perhaps educating those who grew up "in the hood" where dogfighting was considered "no big deal" -- they instead were choosing to talk about how Vick is being "victimized" by the white media and a public who "loves to see a black man go down."

Many, many of these callers (and the hosts) honestly think he is being unfairly targeted.

I'm not surprised. I listen to a sports talk station on occasion during the day (when I'm in the car), and while none of the hosts say that kind of stuff (none of them are black), a few callers do. It's a pretty sad statement as to the condition of race relations in the country. Some people want to make everything into a race issue, but all that really does is cry wolf so that when a real race issue does come up, people just ignore it.

Michael Vick was beloved by the NFL. Even when his brother started screwing up, Michael was portrayed as the one with his head on straight. There's no way that the NFL would even want to do this to him, but he brought it all on himself.

Quoting 767Lover (Reply 47):
Another positive discussion that COULD have come of this was about the responsibility of ALL athletes to set a good example for kids, etc., and how we tend to treat them like they are untouchable in terms of the law.

That kind of discussion SHOULD come out of this. I hope that the leagues follow the NFL's lead in dealing with those athletes who think that they are above the law. Some are going to be better role models than others, but there should be a certain minimum standard.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day