Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

travelin man

RE: Sen. Craig Pleas For Disorderly Conduct

Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:00 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 49):
I'm just saying that if he was charged with Solicitation of Sex then he had the ability to fight the charge based on claiming no knowledge of this gay tap code. Since he was charged with Disorderly Conduct he really didn't have a way to fight the charge.

Doesn't "soliciting" mean to offer money? Since he wasn't doing that, I guess "disorderly conduct" would be the closest thing. Honestly, if he was just foot tapping, had a wide stance, and was picking up paper off the ground, I highly doubt he would have pled guilty. You can always plead not guilty if that is in fact what you are.

mt99

Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:01 am

shouldn't is nothing like him tapping his foot

He didn't just tap. He put his hand underneath the partition. Did you read the report?

Now you are putting words in my mouth.

Didnt meant to. I was gonna finish that sentence with a  Wink - but i forgot to put it
Step into my office, baby

deltagator

Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:10 am

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 51):
He didn't just tap. He put his hand underneath the partition. Did you read the report?

I did read the report. Perhaps he was just asking if the cop could "spare a square."  Wink

I'm with you on his intention to be in there. I'm just saying he could hae fought it very easily had they charged him with solicitation. The disorderly conduct is a little harder to fight unless he plays some defense like he was drunk or hopped on something. Then he has to fight that battle with the voters versus portraying himself as being set up or misunderstood while using the head.

Quoting Travelin man (Reply 50):
Honestly, if he was just foot tapping, had a wide stance, and was picking up paper off the ground, I highly doubt he would have pled guilty.

Totally agree. I'm just saying there were ways to fight it if he wanted to do so. I'm thinking he handled all this by himself without ever getting in touch with his handlers and now the spin doctors are doing damage control. How does any politician think they can even remotely have a private life in these days when you have folks out there just looking to bring you down for the least little thing. He's a dumbass for sure and probably gay as well...not that there is anything wrong with that,  Wink
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

Superfly

Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:14 am

Quoting OU812 (Reply 44):
Taking pleasure from someone else's misfortunes.

Like not getting laid?
This is hardly a "misfortune". A misfortune is your house catching on fire, a plane crash, or being on a bridge that collapse. That is a misfortune. Senator Craig's actions was pure stupidity and hypocritical.

I'd like to hear who his colleagues think of this such as his singing buddy Trent Lott (R-MS) and Lindsey Graham (R-SC).
Bring back the Concorde

mt99

Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:24 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 52):
Then he has to fight that battle with the voters versus portraying himself as being set up or misunderstood while using the head.

I see your point. But regardless of what he got charged with - or what could he be found guilty of -or the which charge would be easier (or harder) to get out of - the most important thing is that he is exposed as what he really is: a hypocrite.

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 52):
Then he has to fight that battle with the voters versus portraying himself as being set up or misunderstood while using the head.

He will invoke Jesus/God and the Prodigal son. All is forgiven. Like good little Christian soldiers.

frequentflyer

Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:30 am

Disappointing to see folks lamely trying to somewhat protect that hypocrite whereas his shortcomings should not be seen from one's own political views.

What he did was dead wrong. He got nailed. Good. No politics involved.
Take off and live

EWRCabincrew

Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:34 am

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 54):
He will invoke Jesus/God and the Prodigal son. All is forgiven.

You forgot the obligatory shedding of a few tears in public and begging for forgiveness a la Jimmy Swaggart.

Like I said earlier:

Quoting EWRCabincrew (Reply 34):
He's not sorry, either. He is sorry because he got caught.

Cry me a river. Be truthful to yourself, then you can be truthful to others.

At this point, do you really think there are honest (and I mean from all parties) politicians out there? It is just a matter of time until the truth comes out on any one of them

He just adds to the growing list of why politicians are deceitful.
You can't cure stupid

mt99

Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:35 am

Taking pleasure from someone else's misfortunes.

I would be just as happy if his hypocrisy would have come out because he won a wet-boxers contest in ID.

Personally, I don't find it important

If you don't mind people that tell you how to live your life, while doing the exact opposite. Then that is your prerogative.

But really - I would think the American public is getting a little sick of all these GOP members coming out this way.

dtwclipper
Topic Author

Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:39 am

which is what President Bill Clinton's National Security Adviser [Sandy Berger] did.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...andy_berger_and_the_clinton_c.html

June 04, 2007
Sandy Berger and the Clinton Cover-Up - Why It Matters

On May 17th, Sandy Berger, President Bill Clinton's National Security Adviser, voluntarily gave up his law license and with it the right to practice law. That is a stunning move for an accomplished lawyer, one of the nation's most influential public officials. Someone should take note. In fact, everyone should.

OU, didn't we learn on 9/11 that it is not nice to hijack things, including threads.

Bad neo con, bad neo con!!!!!!

Now let's talk about the Hypocrite Craig again!
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

OzarkD9S

Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:47 am

Just saw his statement on CNN. Claims emphatically that he is not gay. Whew!

Can anyone say bi-sexual toilet tramp?
"My soul is in the sky". -Pyramus- A Midsummer's Night Dream

EWRCabincrew

Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:00 am

Quoting OzarkD9S (Reply 59):
Can anyone say bi-sexual toilet tramp?

More accurate to say trying to hold onto to whatever dignity he has left. This is not his first rodeo. He knows the system and got caught.
You can't cure stupid

mt99

Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:13 am

You forgot the obligatory shedding of a few tears in public and begging for forgiveness a la Jimmy Swaggart.[/quote]

Quoting OzarkD9S (Reply 59):
Claims emphatically that he is not gay.

To all straight guys out there:

"Touching another mans foot while in the stall, and placing your hand under the partition is now considered a straight action."

That is all. You may proceed with what you were doing.

OU812

Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:15 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 53):
I'd like to hear who his colleagues think of this such as his singing buddy Trent Lott (R-MS) and Lindsey Graham (R-SC).

Can't answer for the 2 congressmen. And, have to admit, I do not understand this footsie thing Craig may have done. But, if what he did was illegal & he is guilty of it. Then he is guilty of being a hypocrite. But, is it warranted to accuse all conservatives as hypocrites? Are Craig's actions any worse than trashing our troops like democrats Kerry,Murtha,Durban did. Or having D-Senetor Reid publicly state "the war is lost" at roughly the say time Pelosi visited Syria?

Absolutely not!  no 

Yet, so many want to tie this to the entire GOP, and are rejoicing on that simple, but false assumption!

OK guys, enjoy your little romp!

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define%3A+romp

Define: Romp

play: gay or light-hearted recreational activity for diversion or amusement;

praise 

EWRCabincrew

Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:15 am

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 61):
"Touching another mans foot while in the stall, and placing your hand under the partition is now considered a straight action."

It takes the pressure off the gays, now. Big grin
You can't cure stupid

greasespot

Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:18 am

wait he is going to find jesus soon....Saying he had a crisis of faith....

Wait....soo with all these NEO-cons getting gayed it will all be part of the Gay Agenda conspiracy..

GS
Sometimes all you can do is look them in the eye and ask " how much did your mom drink when she was pregnant with you?"

deltagator

Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:18 am

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 54):
the most important thing is that he is exposed as what he really is: a hypocrite.

Totally agree. This peckerwood is a closeted gay and just needs to deal with it and quit being some self-loathing jackass who uses his position of power to legislate morality against his inner feelings.

I may be conservative but I stray from the party line when it comes to things like gay marriage and such. I'm not gay, will never be gay, and honestly don't get it but at the end of the day having gays go out and get married is not going to infringe upon my private property rights.

Until the day comes that some gays show up on my front door and say "we're here, we're queer, and we now own your house because we just got hitched down at the local church" is the day I get concerned about gays gettig married.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

LAXspotter

Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:21 am

Whatever happend to Republican Family Values?  Yeah sure
"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" Samuel Johnson

EWRCabincrew

Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:23 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 65):
Totally agree. This peckerwood is a closeted gay and just needs to deal with it and quit being some self-loathing jackass who uses his position of power to legislate morality against his inner feelings.

I may be conservative but I stray from the party line when it comes to things like gay marriage and such. I'm not gay, will never be gay, and honestly don't get it but at the end of the day having gays go out and get married is not going to infringe upon my private property rights.

Until the day comes that some gays show up on my front door and say "we're here, we're queer, and we now own your house because we just got hitched down at the local church" is the day I get concerned about gays gettig married.

You're a good man, Charlie Brown.  thumbsup 
You can't cure stupid

Superfly

Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:30 am

Quoting EWRCabincrew (Reply 41):
Smell? I always think of the germs,

...and I forgot to mention the sounds.
The sounds of #2 is a total bone-killer.
YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bring back the Concorde

EWRCabincrew

Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:49 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 68):
The sounds of #2 is a total bone-killer.

The winds of Krakatoa!!!
You can't cure stupid

HALFA

Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:01 am

Here are the official police reports. Quite fascinating.

http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/craig_report.pdf

HALFA
Hawaiian Airlines Since 1929...........

Charles79

Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:42 am

I just read this on the news...it's always the same story, the pro-family, anti-gay a*@hole is the biggest queer of them all. Funny that those that scream anti-gay the loudest (politicians and ministers) are more often than not gay themselves. It's a pity that in this country being gay is still such a taboo, otherwise these folks could have enjoyed their lives more by being themselves. Oh well...

Btw, for those here that immediately turned it into a political debate, creeps like these can be found in both parties. He's being singled out not because he's a Republican, but because of his anti-gay stance for so long. Proof that we got it all wrong in this country. Instead of trying to improve education or health-care, our politicians (and a large group of the population) are more concerned with who sleeps with whom than with the bigger issues. One day we'll learn, I hope.

Cheers!

Charles

andessmf

Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:45 am

Quoting Charles79 (Reply 71):
the pro-family, anti-gay a*@hole is the biggest queer of them all

I have usually found out that whatever the person protests the most, is usually what they are afraid of being more.

EWRCabincrew

Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:08 am

Quoting AndesSMF (Reply 72):
I have usually found out that whatever the person protests the most, is usually what they are afraid of being more

A person's favorite sin is the one they are least likely to commit.
You can't cure stupid

Falcon84

Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:22 am

Golly Falcon84, how mature! Taking pleasure from someone else's misfortunes.

I wasn't commenting on him, dude. I was commenting on how the usual GOP fobs on here-like yourself-were avoiding this one like the Plague. And what was your first take on it-BRING UP THE CLINTON YEARS! And you REALLY want to be taken seriously on this?

It's not like he stole classified documents from the national archives, which is what President Bill Clinton's National Security Adviser [Sandy Berger] did.

No, it may be worse in some ways, as he was doing, allegedly, that which he has publically protested against over and over again in his stance on issues. He's a freaking hypocrite.

Quoting OU812 (Reply 62):
But, is it warranted to accuse all conservatives as hypocrites?

In a way, maybe it is, maybe it isn't. The GOP prides itself on "family values", and prides itself on trashing and stomping on gays, yet we have what seems like multiple scandals involving GOP stalwarts against gays, doing shit like this.

So, maybe you GOPers should cut the crap on family values. You're not better on family values than anyone else, go give up this crap that you are.
Work Right, Fly Hard

allstarflyer

Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:48 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 3):
We need AA787823 to tell us again that the GOP is the party of family values. I need the chuckle.

Both parties stink, if you can laugh at that.

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 15):
If you can compare me to the blindness of RJdxer, then put it on here, because you won't find it.

Really? A few examples . . .
-Apologism for death penalty appeals
-This one could sum up most of your posts about the democrats - turning the tables back at conservatives/Republicans through deflection of accusation and keeping your own accusations in the light.
-Same thread, post 23 - apologism for democrats voting record in Iraq due to their lack of having power in Congress.
-Same thread again, post 32 - classic quote "Corruption, in and of itself, should be a good reason to remove one from office." Shall we keep that one on the backburner for the next inevitable fall of whichever liberal?

Thread after thread, you bash far-righties, Christian political bases and so forth. Can you display a post where you bashed a far-leftie? I know you're not so much the homer (for example, I've seen the threads where you said you considered McCain to be worthy vote material), but these examples and your silence about the faults of the far-left suggest apologism.

Quoting AndesSMF (Reply 72):
the pro-family, anti-gay a*@hole is the biggest queer of them all

I have usually found out that whatever the person protests the most, is usually what they are afraid of being more.

checkmark  Usually the case.
Living the American Dream

ConcordeBoy

Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:21 pm

otherwise these folks could have enjoyed their lives more by being themselves.

...or better yet, left others alone to enjoy their friggin' lives.
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

andessmf

Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:28 pm

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 76):
left others alone to enjoy their friggin' lives.

You understand that that could easily apply to both sides of the aisle, right?

I mean, there are plenty of things that the left side does not like that I do, and they certainly don't let me enjoy them.

But overall, good call.

Falcon84

Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:41 pm

Quoting Allstarflyer (Reply 75):
Can you display a post where you bashed a far-leftie?

Go find threads where I've bashed people like the departed Rsmith, and other ultra-liberals. There's one nut from Oz who's name we're not even allowed to mention anymore, and she was a piece of left-wing work. There are a lot of loonies on both sides on here, and they make for great fanfare, but not much else.
Work Right, Fly Hard

AeroWesty

Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:03 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 40):
What signs should I look out for next time I am in public restroom and a guy taps his feet in the stall next to me?
It may have already happened but not knowing it was a signal to me.

You should be much more afraid of someone sticking his wang through the glory hole.  ziplip 

What I don't understand from a lot of the responses to this thread is, if you've never noticed the gay morse code going on before, why would you even want to know it now? You haven't acted on it before, you're not gonna act on it in the future ... or are you?  Wow!

(It's too bad the Meat Rack in Hollywood closed down, they used to have a fantasy park restroom out back as one of the Theme Rooms. I kid you not.)
International Homo of Mystery

johnboy

Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:15 pm

The story thus far:

- a man with "past"

- breathlessly votes against any bill with the merest whiff of gay rights (throws off the scent)

- married to a lovely woman, and god love him, adopted all her children (*whew*, nipped that problem in the bud)

- right-wing, but not wacko Fundie nut job right-wing .(i.e. more Brokeback Mountain than Stone Mountain)

- knows enough tearoom/cottage/beat tricks to write a "How To..." primer on Manhuntdotcom

I think we all know the answer to this one, and it ain't Colonel Mustard in the Conservatory with a candlestick.  laughing 

My only question is how long will it be until Senator Lindsay Graham and Representative David "Blow" Dreier will start a legal defense fund?

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 79):
(It's too bad the Meat Rack in Hollywood closed down, they used to have a fantasy park restroom out back as one of the Theme Rooms. I kid you not.)

My name is Johnboy and I wholeheartedly approve this thread hijack.  bigthumbsup 

Superfly

Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:30 pm

Johnboy:
See my reply #53.
We'll be hearing about Lindsey Graham at some point in the future. Same for David Drier.

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 79):
What I don't understand from a lot of the responses to this thread is, if you've never noticed the gay morse code going on before, why would you even want to know it now? You haven't acted on it before, you're not gonna act on it in the future ... or are you?

I guess it's best I don't know.
I do recall a number of years ago using a public restroom and a guy walked into the stall right next to mine. less than a minute after I went in to a stall. Well he started breathing heavily and I heard this rhythmic movement to became more & more rapid. I knew what he was doing so I hurried up and got out.
I didn't want to find out which direction we was pointing.  no 

Former Congressman Larry LaRocco (D) has announced that he will challenge Larry Craig next November. In 1994 when he lost, he was accused of being a womanizer as if that's a bad thing.
Bring back the Concorde

mt99

Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:51 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 81):
Lindsey Graham at some point in the future. Same for David Drier.

What the story behind these guys and how does it relate to Senator "Happy-Feet" Craig?

Superfly

Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:25 am

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 82):
What the story behind these guys and how does it relate to Senator "Happy-Feet" Craig?

Both are in the closet.
Lindsey Graham even talks like a prissy Southern Belle. He is in his late 40s an not-married. In his election campaign to replace retiring Strom Thurmond, his Democratic challenger even said he was "a little too light in the loafers" to succeed Strom Thurmond.
Granted it was a tasteless on his opponent to say that. Ususally those Bible-thumpers are married and/or on there 3rd wife by the time they are in there late 40s.

I remember watching a press conference with Lindsey Graham and Charles Schumer. It was almost commical and it even looked like Schumer was having a hard time holding in his laugh. For one, Schumer is almost a foot taller than Graham and is very much an aggressive and at times arrogant New Yorker. That was such a contrast to the soft spoken effeminate Lindsey Graham that talked like a proper Southern Belle.

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/001240.php

David Drier is another single Congressman that shares a condo in DC with a male companion that is also a high paid 'assistant'. Drier is a very well dressed and even 'fabulous' looking, well manicured man. The funny thing is his Southern California district is very conservative with a lot of suburbanites that like to fancy themselves as Cowboys on the weekends.

http://www.laweekly.com/news/news/the-outing/1322/

[Edited 2007-08-29 17:28:24]
Bring back the Concorde

frequentflyer

Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:36 am

Some wisdom:

"I believe he should resign because I believe character is an extremely important qualification for public service," said Bryan Fischer of the Idaho Values Alliance. "And I believe the senator, by his own admission, has acknowledged that he has fallen short of the standard that we should expect from public servants."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/08/29/craig.arrest/index.html
Take off and live

Superfly

Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:43 am

I'd rather Larry Craig stay in office and attempt to run for re-election. He wouldn't stand a chance against Larry LaRocco who represented Idaho well in Congress.
I am sure the Idaho Republican Party can find someone else who is just as bad, if not worse than Larry Craig.
Bring back the Concorde

deltagator

Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:57 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 83):
Lindsey Graham even talks like a prissy Southern Belle.

Now hold on a second. I'll be the first to say that a southern accent can sometimes sound like a gay lisp now and then. Doesn't mean he is in the closet...but doesn't dispell it either.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 85):
He wouldn't stand a chance against Larry LaRocco who represented Idaho well in Congress.

He represented them so well that he lost in his second re-election bid. And he recently lost in trying to get nominated for Lt. Governor. Sounds like a guy Idahoans are just dying to have represent them.  sarcastic 

Quoting Superfly (Reply 85):
I am sure the Idaho Republican Party can find someone else who is just as bad, if not worse than Larry Craig.

Yeah, they probably could...and given the track record of both parties it wouldn't surprise me if they do.

Superfly

Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:13 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 86):
'll be the first to say that a southern accent can sometimes sound like a gay lisp now and then.

No it doesn't.

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 86):
He represented them so well that he lost in his second re-election bid.

He lost to a nutcase names Helen Chenoweth. We all know about her.

How long will it take before we get the Republican apologist here to weight in on this?
I know it's usually a 24-48 hour turnaround time before the Fox/Hannity/Limbaugh/Coulter spin is issued.
Bring back the Concorde

seb146

Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:19 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 19):
Sounds more like the actions of an drunken asshole at the airport than someone looking for gay sex in a public place.

Oh, my.... you have SO much to learn. I heard someone read the entire police report and it sounded EXACTLY what happens in public washrooms when a guy is looking for a quickie with another guy.

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 19):
You guys get cards? Sweet!

Apparently, we have meetings and an agenda too! Although I never get the newsletter or e-mail updates about them  Wink

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 25):
Say it wasn't a cop or a receptive dude... would you want some decrepit queer hittin' on you? Particularly while you're trying to do your business?

Ever since I found out about the whole bathroom cruising thing, years ago, I have been grossed out by the thougth of it. Washrooms are to be used for three things: Calls of nature (numbers one and two), and cleaning hands and face. It really creeps me out when straight guys don't follow the unwritten rules of using public washrooms:

1. NO TALKING!!
2. Keep stall space. That is: if there are three or more stalls/urinals, always keep one open between yourself and any other men who are already there.
3. Minimal eye contact.

Just the thought of someone enjoying playing around while other guys are doing.... EWWWW!!!!!

Excuse me..... I'm going to hang out with my boyfriend, now......
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

andessmf

Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:21 am

Quoting Dtwclipper (Thread starter):
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,294810,00.html

First of all, as noted, the story is probably false, as only FOX news is provided as reference at the beginning.  sarcastic 

Second of all, it seems that FOX already weighed in.

deltagator

Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:38 am

Quoting Seb146 (Reply 88):
Oh, my.... you have SO much to learn.

I suppose I do....especially since I'm not gay.

Quoting Seb146 (Reply 88):
it sounded EXACTLY what happens in public washrooms when a guy is looking for a quickie with another guy.

You speak from experience?  Wink

Quoting Superfly (Reply 87):
No it doesn't.

I said SOMETIMES, not always. It may not have the lisp that seems so commonly stereotyped with gay guys but a soft southern accent from a guy has made me wonder about their personal choice of bedroom partners a few times. And that's coming from someone born and raised in the South who hears southern accents every day. There's a judge on Iron Chef America who is Southern and gay...that's one to throw you for a loop.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 87):
He lost to a nutcase names Helen Chenoweth. We all know about her.

Nutcase? Oh yes, she was a Republican so that makes her a nutcase since they all seem to be in your eyes.   

She beat him fair and square, honored her committment to only serve three terms, didn't get arrested while in office, and her seat was won by another Republican after she left so it seems the voters of Idaho have spoken on whom they want to represent them in Congress. After she left office exposed the TSA for the piece of dogsqueeze they are with their search procedures, and then made the stupid mistake of not wearing a sealtbelt and dying in a car crash. Yep, sounds like a total nutcase to me.   

[Edited 2007-08-29 19:44:23]

Superfly

Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:57 am

DeltaGator:
I had no idea that she died in a car accident. I couldn't stand her but sad to hear she went out like this.

Anyhow, here are a few quotes of the militia loving Congresswoman.

"the only endangered species is the White Christian landowning male."

"Our borders are wide open and yet they're shaking down a 66-year old white grandmother they greeted by name,"

Said that of all the species on Earth, "It's the white Anglo- Saxon male that's endangered," a comment echoed by Idaho Sen. Larry Craig last August.

Sounds like a nut to me.

Ironically her district included Ruby Ridge so I guess you're right that she did represent some of her district very well.
Bring back the Concorde

deltagator

Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:28 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 91):
"the only endangered species is the White Christian landowning male."

Well...that is a topic for a totally different thread but more on that in a second. At its core it is no more than pandering to her base. Just like you would expect Cynthia McKinney to pander to the welfare mothers (when she was in office), for a southern Florida congressman to pander to the sugarcane and citrus growers, and one from Wisconsin to pander to milk producers.

"Our borders are wide open and yet they're shaking down a 66-year old white grandmother they greeted by name,"

This quote came out of the TSA incident. Again, another topic for another thread but doesn't it seem stupid to pull her aside from the line, call her by name because they know her, and search her for weapons and such? It shows the broken TSA system where they have a fascination with searching for the weapon and not the terrorist. It's like searching my 10 year cousin....as if she would blow up a plane. There's doing your job to keep the airways safe and then there's just dumb. TSA falls into the dumb category.

Said that of all the species on Earth, "It's the white Anglo- Saxon male that's endangered," a comment echoed by Idaho Sen. Larry Craig last August.

Ok, here's a quick take on this one from what my wife went through trying to get a job with the CDC here in ATL. She was brought on as a temp and worked in that role for 6 months or so. At the end of the contract she could "apply" to get that same job. Never mind that they would have to train someone new if they didn't hire her or that she was highly regarded by her boss who wanted to keep her on and got her one extension before falling victim to the system.

So she applies for the position and as she goes through the checklists for the EEOC stuff she can't check off that she's a minority, or disabled, or a veteran (only requires 30 days of military service I believe), or better yet a disabled veteran. I'm not saying those folks aren't qualified for the position but when things like that are considered over actual qualifications then I have a problem with that system. The system should be blind to things like that and pick who is best qualified for the position.

I won't agree with her statement that us white guys are an endangered species. But I will say that when employment is considered based on whether or not you just happened to be born black, green, purple, or as a female, or happened to serve some time in the military versus the actual merits and qualifications of the person applying then that does an injustice to everyone, including poor old whitey.

Ok, totally off topic but just a quick piece on that since you brought it up.

Sounds like a nut to me.

Sounds like a grandstanding politician but I do see your point.

Ironically her district included Ruby Ridge so I guess you're right that she did represent some of her district very well.

Some is the key word. The said can be said for every district across the land. Ruby Ridge is a  redflag  and I would bet that even with the large number of militias in the area they are not the majority opinion in that district.

OU812

Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:36 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 74):
It's not like he stole classified documents from the national archives, which is what President Bill Clinton's National Security Adviser [Sandy Berger] did.

No, it may be worse in some ways, as he was doing, allegedly, that which he has publically protested against over and over again in his stance on issues. He's a freaking hypocrite.

boggled 

Flaming Falcon84  flamed 
Shirley, you can't be serious? Well then, if we use your partisan logic, a far greater number of extremists [such as yourself], ones on the far left would all be in jail because hypocrisy is your defining characteristic, and because what Clinton's Sandy Berger did was a jail-able offence. footinmouth 

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

If you think for one moment what Craig did is worse than what Clinton's Sandy Berger did. You are not being rational at all. Furthermore, your quote high-lighted above is in it of it self - hypocritical. But do you know that, are you capable of realizing that?

Absolutely not!

no 

Superfly

Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:56 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 92):
So she applies for the position and as she goes through the checklists for the EEOC stuff she can't check off that she's a minority, or disabled, or a veteran (only requires 30 days of military service I believe), or better yet a disabled veteran. I'm not saying those folks aren't qualified for the position but when things like that are considered over actual qualifications then I have a problem with that system. The system should be blind to things like that and pick who is best qualified for the position.

Gee, my race has never got me a job. Honestly that job she applied for was already taken before it was even posted. Nepotism is rife with government jobs but I agree we should talk about these points in another thread.

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 92):
There's doing your job to keep the airways safe and then there's just dumb. TSA falls into the dumb category.

checkmark 

Back on topic.
It looks like Romney and McCain has spoken out against Larry Craig's antics.

Looks like Trent Lott has lost another singing buddy.
John Ashcraft has vanished, James Jeffords retired and looks like Larry Craig is going down too.

Bring back the Concorde

dtwclipper
Topic Author

Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:58 am

Quoting OU812 (Reply 93):
If you think for one moment what Craig did is worse than what Clinton's Sandy Berger did

OU, we are not talking about Berger or Clinton.

Why can't you ever stay on topic? It's getting rather tiresome!

More fun!

Sen. Larry Craig is stepping down from his committee assignments amid calls for his resignation from the Senate.

Two ranking Republicans call for Craig to resign

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/08/29/craig.arrest/index.html
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

Superfly

Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:22 am

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 95):
More fun!

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

I was hoping he'd stick around and fight this. Perhaps expose a few more members who carry on like this. If Idaho was a swing state with a Democratic governor, I am sure it would have turned in to a long drown out legal battle. His successor will most likely be just as conservative but less entertaining.
Bring back the Concorde

mt99

Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:23 am

Quoting OU812 (Reply 93):
Craig did is worse than what Clinton's Sandy Berger did.

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 95):
OU, we are not talking about Berger or Clinton.

Clinton is like Jesus. The sins of others will be cleansed thru Him.

[Edited 2007-08-29 22:23:57]

mt99

Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:55 am

abcnews.com has made a public service by publishing the following:

"Secret Signals: How Gay Men Cruise for Sex
When Men Cruise for Sex in Public Places, Police Take Notice, Some Gays Say It's Unfair"

http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=3534199&page=1

I dont think i have the stomach to read it.

santosdumont

Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:35 am

Quoting AndesSMF (Reply 77):
Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 76):
left others alone to enjoy their friggin' lives.

You understand that that could easily apply to both sides of the aisle, right?

Indeed...Gerry Studds (D) for one spawned a thousand Congressional page jokes for his conduct. I think he even got an award from NAMBLA...but I digress.

That said, it is a pathetic spectacle to see Craig greet a press conference by thanking every one for "coming out" and by insisting to the point of panting that he is NOT GAY...not that there's anything wrong with that.

The good Senator warmed up for his antics in Minnesota by assuming a similary "wide stance" and looking for some action in the can at Union Station. (see today's Washington Post)

Unlike Craig, Studds took a censure from the House like a man (as it were), although he had his back to the chamber (insert joke here).

Imagine the grief that Craig could spare himself and his family by coming clean (not sure if that's physically possible) and saying that he likes men...and going further and stating that it's just as normal for a Republican to be gay as a Democrat, or a communist for that matter (ask Raul Castro).

I feel bad for the closeted gay Republicans who have chosen to sell their soul in exchange for a place at the party's political table (former RNC Chairman Ken Mehlman comes to mind, as does the legendary John Wayne).

Of course, when it's someone from the other side of the aisle it's perfectly normal for Republicans to toss around "misspeaks" like Dick Armey's "Barney Fag" thing a few years back when referring to Rep. Barney Frank (D).

But when it's one of them, the Republicans circle the wagons and start wheezing about privacy and tolerance that they themselves refuse to observe vis a vis the Democrats. Of course, things could just as easily work the other way around (and they no doubt do) -- that's the nature of politics.

Public pillorying like we are seeing now is usually the price that a politician pays when his or her utterly hypocritical facade crumbles into a million pieces. It comes with the territory. This whole sad episode reminds me of something Bobcat Goldthwait (remember him?) said during a rare moment of lucidity: "You are what you hate."
"Pursuit Of Truth No Matter Where It Lies" -- Metallica