Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ConcordeBoy

RE: Sen. Craig Pleas For Disorderly Conduct

Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:52 am

Quoting Santosdumont (Reply 99):
...not that there's anything wrong with that.

To those types though, it's a fate worse than death:
  • I still say the best example of all is Ted Haggard's virtual "it wasn't my (consentual) sex partner, it was just a highly-illegal controlled-substance dealer I wanted to buy from, I swear!"

Quoting Santosdumont (Reply 99):
    and start wheezing about privacy and tolerance that they themselves refuse to observe vis a vis the Democrats.

checkmark 
  • Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

Charles79

Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:11 am

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 98):
    I dont think i have the stomach to read it.

I just read it and the interesting part is the line at the end about these individuals being the deep-closeted kind. It's a shame that we live in such a sick nation that won't allow people to be openly gay, that these folks are forced to live a double live for the most part. We shouldn't have to go through the ordeal of "coming out", enduring tease at school, even hate crimes. I still remember being in church and listening to the pastor I respected saying things like I'm going to hell for being gay and such. Until the US society accepts homosexualism as natural as heterosexualism we'll continue to see these cases of men (and women) in public places trying to lead a life not their own.

Today is a Republican Senator, tomorrow a Democrat one, the next day a minister, and so forth...very sad, really.

Charles

AeroWesty

Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:44 am

The happy couple!

International Homo of Mystery

RJdxer

Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:00 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 15):
    If you can compare me to the blindness of RJdxer, then put it on here, because you won't find it.

I'm sorry but I haven't posted here because the Senator got caught doing something he should not have been doing. His behavior, whether or not he is gay was just out and out wrong. He is getting what he deserves and that's that. Why would I apologize for him? Falcon, your rage is blinding you yet again.

Quoting Halcyon (Reply 16):
    In my opinion Falcon, the more GOPers this happens too, the better.

I agree. If you're going to vote against gay legislation, the last thing you want to do is get caught being gay. Now the man has no where to retreat to.
    Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever. I'm going to Texas!

AirCop

Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:43 am

Quoting OU812 (Reply 62):

Can't answer for the 2 congressmen.

Of course not, since both Lott and Graham are members of the United States Senate and are not congressmen.

Quoting OU812 (Reply 93):
    and because what Clinton's Sandy Berger did was a jail-able offence. footinmouth

And what the Honorable Mr. Craig plead guilty to is also a jail able offense, and if he doesn't keep his mouth shut he could end up in court on probation violation charges.

Falcon84

Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:01 pm

Shirley, you can't be serious?

Just watch that damn movie, and quit the Airplane antics. And I am serious.

Well then, if we use your partisan logic

Who's the one who keeps bringing up Bill Clinton? You or me? You're bringing up the partisan bullshit, not me. And how is this "partisan"? Seems those in his OWN PARTY are asking for his resignation, and an investigation into his conduct. So, this isn't a partisan matter anymore, it's BI-PARTISAN. So, that puts you out in right field, all by your lonesome.

a far greater number of extremists [such as yourself]

I'm center-left. I have liberal leanings, and I have some conservative leanings, as do most Americans. You're the extremist, not me. You can be found apologizing for everything the right does, and damning everything the left does. I can critisize both sides. You cannot.

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 95):
    If you think for one moment what Craig did is worse than what Clinton's Sandy Berger did

OU, we are not talking about Berger or Clinton.

Why can't you ever stay on topic? It's getting rather tiresome!

It's the old GOP throwback. When you run out of ammo, throw in the name Bill Clinton, to sidetrack the issue. He's only been out of office 7 years, Clipper, give OU912 a break!
    Work Right, Fly Hard

Halcyon

Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 103):

I agree. If you're going to vote against gay legislation, the last thing you want to do is get caught being gay. Now the man has no where to retreat to.

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 25):

I'm glad that a few people agree with me.

Falcon, while using the term "GOP" is appropriate, the way you are using it is undermining your own argument to a degree, even for those of us who have no particular love of that Grand Old Pustule. Please don't take offense to how I worded this, but I think it is best if it is said .

OU812

Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:45 pm

Doh  headache 

As usual Flaming Falcon84,  flamed 
    You take what I said out of context to avoid acknowledging your hypocrisy, not to mention your grand plan of slandering the right. I'm not attacking your political beliefs, just your desperate, callow attempts at saying all GOP members are as twisted as this Craig guy is. This situation involves one [if guilty] confused individual. This one persons actions do not represent the GOP, which is what you are trying to make it out to be, which where you are wrong, not to mention partisan.

My use of Clinton & Berger was to put this situation in its proper perspective. As hypocritical as it is for someone to be gay, and be against many gays issues, it is not against the law. What he may have done in the bathroom is, but the entire GOP party was not in there with him when he did that footsie thing.

I say again guys. Enjoy your little romp! As feeble as it is.

cheerful 

AeroWesty

Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:49 pm

The WaPo weighs in on The Secrets of the Stall:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2007/08/29/AR2007082902435_pf.html

And hey, looks like the Senate is getting ideas from JerkCity!  silly 

http://jerkcity.com/jerkcity3134.html

dtwclipper
    Topic Author

Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:01 pm

Quoting OU812 (Reply 107):
    This situation involves one [if guilty] confused individual.

It is not a case of an "alleged" crime. He pleaded guilty, hence he is.

My use of Clinton & Berger was to put this situation in its proper perspective

No, it was your feeble attempt to divert attention from the issue. You do this on a regular basis, so we are pretty much used to it.
    Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

frequentflyer

Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:44 pm

As hypocritical as it is for someone to be gay, and be against many gays issues, it is not against the law.

No, only against morals, honesty, ethics and the whole political representation concept. That's worse for many people.

I think punishment should be harsher on elected reps as they have to hold a higher moral ground.
    Take off and live

OU812

Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:46 pm

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 109):
    No, it was your feeble attempt to divert attention from the issue. You do this on a regular basis, so we are pretty much used to it.

Stop! Wrong!  talktothehand 

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 74):
    In a way, maybe it is, maybe it isn't. The GOP prides itself on "family values", and prides itself on trashing and stomping on gays, yet we have what seems like multiple scandals involving GOP stalwarts against gays, doing shit like this.

So, maybe you GOPers should cut the crap on family values. You're not better on family values than anyone else, go give up this crap that you are.

Here the "Flamer"  flamed  Falcon84,
    Makes a blanket statement regarding all GOP members because of the actions of one man! Insinuating the entire GOP party [which consists of tens of thousands or more of individuals] are guilty of what Mr Craig is guilty of, hypocrisy & playing footsie in a bathroom! His feeble, yet again Partisan comments proves nothing but his extreme, limited partisanship. If we were to use his logic as he did in reply 74, then all members of Democratic party are perjurers [liars] since Clinton committed perjury. Am I saying that? No! Because it's not true! But is the Flamer  flamed  Falcon84 and his cronies suggesting such ridiculous things?

That's a big yes!

It's time to grow up guys!

That's another big yes!

yes 

CALTECH

Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:06 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 3):
    We need AA787823 to tell us again that the GOP is the party of family values. I need the chuckle.

At least they are starting to call for his resignation, America does deserve better. Democrats keep re-electing a murderer, are those the values of the democrat party for the past approximately 40 years. Ted Hiccup Kennedy.

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 105):
    I'm center-left. I have liberal leanings, and I have some conservative leanings,

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

I have not read something this funny in a long time, well at least since the falling asleep in the bath tub thread. Someone is so far left that they can not even see the other side, attack every chance they get. What is with this take back America election theme by some democrats, are not most democrats and republicans, Americans in the U.S.? So how exactly are they going to take back America? Was the U.S. taken back after Clinton terms? Interesting political theme, that some peoples' beliefs are no good for democrats. Do not get me wrong, born-again Christians that long ago tried to preach to me morality I have little use for. I believe what I believe, and no one can change me.
    You are here.

AeroWesty

Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:45 pm

Quoting CALTECH (Reply 112):
    Democrats keep re-electing a murderer, are those the values of the democrat party for the past approximately 40 years. Ted Hiccup Kennedy.

Even a grand jury investigating Chappaquiddick didn't return any indictment against Ted Kennedy. Mary Jo Kopechne's death was ruled an accidental drowning. Kennedy didn't handle the accident in the best way, to be sure, but to call him a murderer is simply insane.

mt99

Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:45 pm

This one persons actions do not represent the GOP,

Quoting OU812 (Reply 111):
    actions of one man! I

Can i refer you to files of Mark Foley, Ted Haggard, Mr. Vitter... thats 3 people at least

As hypocritical as it is for someone to be gay, and be against many gays issues, it is not against the law.

No. I can give a rats behind if he is convicted or not. He can go live in Tahiti and be served by island boys instead of serving jail time. What makes this case great is that the hypocrisy has been revealed. Weather he is could be found guilty or not, based on a technicality is irrelevant.
    Step into my office, baby

CALTECH

Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:00 pm

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 114):
    Can i refer you to files of Mark Foley, Ted Haggard, Mr. Vitter... thats 3 people at least

Can we refer to Barney Frank who had a male? prostitution ring running out of his place? Or again, how about Ted Kennedy, who is a murderer or at least a person who committed homicide? That is 2 people at least, it can go on but it would take a while. So these people are okay because they are not hypocrits? America deserves better, power corrupts way too many who become politicians.
    You are here.

Superfly

Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:01 pm

Part of the problem here is the attitude many conservatives have towards sex. They see sex as something that is dirty, shameful and should be kept secret. His way of dealing with it was this assumption that everyone has this collective guilt and do things that we shouldn't do behind closed doors. Liberals tend to be very open about sex (sometimes too open)  Wink and gay liberals wouldn't be in the closet. They'd just pick up on guys at gay bars, discos, Pottery Barn, Crate & Barrell.
    or similar places of gay interest. When the conservatives are involved with sex, it's always creepy and outlandish such as Senator David Vitter who likes to wear diapers, Mark Foley who likes teenaged boys and now Larry Craig peeping through public bathroom stalls and stalking men on the toilet.

I just can't believe how stupid Senator Larry Craig is. I mean this guy has something most politicians only dream of......a safe Senate seat. He could have retired in 2008 or in 2014 and be remembered as a popular Senator that always won in landslides. Instead he is going down in a very bad way.

Quoting CALTECH (Reply 112):
    I'm center-left. I have liberal leanings, and I have some conservative leanings,

Well I consider myself more liberal than Falcon84 and I am center left. There really aren't any hardcore lefties at Airliners.net. This is a very conservative forum.
    Bring back the Concorde

RJdxer

Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:03 pm

"Well I consider myself more liberal than Falcon84 and I am center left. There really aren't any hardcore lefties at Airliners.net. This is a very conservative forum."

I almost missed that one!

I can critisize both sides.

"Well I consider myself more liberal than Falcon84 and I am center left. There really aren't any hardcore lefties at Airliners.net. This is a very conservative forum."

I almost missed that one! I guess we always are our own worst judges after all. Trust me, you two are as liberal as the day is long.

Thanks Falcon and you too Superfly. I'm off to the ear doc now to get my infected ear lanced. Won't need any numbing agent as all I will have to do is think about this post!

[Edited 2007-08-30 16:04:23]

[Edited 2007-08-30 16:14:40]
    Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever. I'm going to Texas!

mt99

Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:07 pm

Quoting CALTECH (Reply 115):
    So these people are okay because they are not hypocrits?

Certainly not OK. But better than our tap-dancing senator.

This is a purely an issues surrounding hypocrisy . That is all. Broken laws or not, drunk drivers, terrorist, blowojob in the oval office, don't play a part in this discussion.
    Step into my office, baby

CALTECH

Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:14 pm

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 118):
    Certainly not OK. But better than our tap-dancing senator.

Wow, a senator who tried to do something in a bathroom is worse than a senator whose actions took the life of another human being? Somebody has some growing up to do or take a reality check. Hopefully politics is not in your future.
    You are here.

CALTECH

Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:18 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 116):
    Well I consider myself more liberal than Falcon84 and I am center left. There really aren't any hardcore lefties at Airliners.net. This is a very conservative forum.

I would say you are so far left that I can not even see you from my stance. I never knew airliners.net had so many comedians here, I mean you and a certain Falcon84. Hardcore lefty you are.

7 laugh salute !!!

You are here.

Superfly

Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:21 pm

I could have sworn this thread was about Senator Larry Craig but somehow it's turned in to a bash Clinton, Berger, Kennedy and rate Falcon84's political compass.  boggled 
    Bring back the Concorde

AeroWesty

Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:50 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 121):
    I could have sworn this thread was about Senator Larry Craig but somehow it's turned in to a bash Clinton, Berger, Kennedy and rate Falcon84's political compass.

When the boys have no defense, they must attack someone.

Superfly

Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:56 pm

AeroWesty:
    You are correct.

Would you agree with my post #116?
    Bring back the Concorde

AeroWesty

Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:09 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 123):
    Would you agree with my post #116?

Yes, most definitely.

gunsontheroof

Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:14 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 116):

I'm not sure what was so laughable about that statement. Seems pretty on the mark to me considering the number of people on this forum who have this idea in their heads that Democrat=leftist.

What other hypocrisies await, conservatives? RJdxer and OU812 getting caught in a Berkley drum circle?

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 122):
    When the boys have no defense, they must attack someone.

Yep. Funny thing is, this is Craig douchebag is hardly worth their time. Another opportunity to deride Comrade Falcon for his Communist sympathies however, is not to be passed up!
    Picked a hell of a week to quit sniffing glue.

ANCFlyer

Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:17 am

This thread has jumped the shark . . .

Off topic commentary.

Disrepectful commentary.

It's done.

FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND