Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

dtwclipper
Topic Author

Helmsley's Dog Gets $12 Million In Will

Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:00 pm

NEW YORK -- Leona Helmsley's dog will continue to live an opulent life, and then be buried alongside her in a mausoleum. But two of Helmsley's grandchildren got nothing from the late luxury hotelier and real estate billionaire's estate.

Helmsley left her beloved white Maltese, named Trouble, a $12 million trust fund, according to her will, which was made public Tuesday in surrogate court.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...le/2007/08/29/AR2007082900491.html

Of note is she also "cut out" two of her four grand children for "reasons known well to them".
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

airfoilsguy

RE: Helmsley's Dog Gets $12 Million In Will

Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:11 pm

Quoting Dtwclipper (Thread starter):
Of note is she also "cut out" two of her four grand children for "reasons known well to them".

Nothing like getting a hidy ho F-you from the grave like that. The woman was a bitch but it still must be embarrassing to be those grand-kids.
It's not a near miss it's a near hit!!

ltbewr

Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:33 pm

I smell a challenge to this will from the 2 screwed grand kids. Probably the dog was one of the only friends she had late in life. She also gave $100K to her driver, not a bad bonus. I would note that about $1 Billion + of the estate will go to a Charitable Trust under her and her husband's name, hopefully to deserving organizations.

rlorenzo24

Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:18 am

Another wealthy, selfish american who needed a good kick in her philanthropic ass. Why a truck never ran over her long before, I'll never know. I hope them grandkids sue for what is owed them.

dtwclipper
Topic Author

Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:22 am

Quoting Rlorenzo24 (Reply 3):
I hope them grandkids sue for what is owed them.

Well, nothing is "owed" them, but never the less I think it just shows what kind of women she was.

deltagator

Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:41 am

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 2):
I would note that about $1 Billion + of the estate will go to a Charitable Trust under her and her husband's name, hopefully to deserving organizations.

That is the one thing many people aren't talking about that item. Of course that doesn't make good press. They would rather tantalize us with class envy and warfare by portraying her as a total rich bitch...when in fact she is a partial rich bitch with a giving side.

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 2):
I smell a challenge to this will from the 2 screwed grand kids.

Good luck to them. I doubt anything will come of it as long as it can be shown she was of a sound mind when she drafted the will. She earned the money, not them, and as such can detrmine who gets it all after she is gone. I wonder what it is they have done that she says they know about that was responsible for them getting cut out of the will? Did they stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?  Wink

Quoting Rlorenzo24 (Reply 3):
I hope them grandkids sue for what is owed them.

Owed them? Did they earn the money? I don't think so. They are owed nothing at all despite being born into a rich family. It was Leona's money to do with as she pleased. If the grandkids don't like it then tough cookies. Go get a job and qut being a trust fund baby.
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

dtwclipper
Topic Author

Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:54 am

Quoting DeltaGator (Reply 5):
and qut being a trust fund baby.

Just to let you know, being a trust fund baby is hard work!!!! Big grin  Big grin

HOMER71

Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:13 am

Quoting Dtwclipper (Thread starter):
she also "cut out" two of her four grand children for "reasons known well to them".

Who does she think she is, Joan Crawford?
"On spaceship earth there are no passengers...only crew."

deltagator

Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:16 am

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 6):
Just to let you know, being a trust fund baby is hard work!!!!

So I've heard. I'd like the chance to try.

Unfortunately that will not happen for me as my parents have spent my inheritance on the family vineyard and winery. Maybe after they toil with it and then I work it for many years my kids can be trust fund babies and live my dream.  Wink
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."

BN747

Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:46 am

Good luck to them. I doubt anything will come of it as long as it can be shown she was of a sound mind when she drafted the will. She earned the money, not them, and as such can detrmine who gets it all after she is gone. I wonder what it is they have done that she says they know about that was responsible for them getting cut out of the will? Did they stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

LOL...you got that right...

That is the one thing many people aren't talking about that item. Of course that doesn't make good press. They would rather tantalize us with class envy and warfare by portraying her as a total rich bitch...when in fact she is a partial rich bitch with a giving side.

checkmark   checkmark   checkmark 

Owed them? Did they earn the money? I don't think so. They are owed nothing at all despite being born into a rich family. It was Leona's money to do with as she pleased. If the grandkids don't like it then tough cookies. Go get a job and qut being a trust fund baby.

Totally, people here don't know what when on between her and the two grandkids left out of the will....it could be anything from marrying the wrong girl, or they are gay or they didn't stand behind her during here battle with the gov't. It could be anything. But she got the last laugh..and good for her!

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

JetJock22

Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:14 am

They would rather tantalize us with class envy and warfare by portraying her as a total rich bitch...when in fact she is a partial rich bitch with a giving side.

She's just a rich bitch who realized she couldn't spend her money when she was dead