OzarkD9S
Topic Author

Reverse Sex Hotties

Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:09 am

OK. Some people can't deal with it but here it goes. Depending on your sexuality I wanna know who you find HOT of the sex you're NOT interested in.

I'm gay, but I would SO bang the following:

Tina Turner (circa 1983)

Cher (1963 NOW)

Grace Kelly (circa 1953)

Norma Shearer (circa 1932)

and finally....Bette Davis (circa 1938)

have fun with this topic!
"True, I talk of dreams,
Which are the children of an idle brain." -Mercutio

LAXspotter

RE: Reverse Sex Hotties

Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:20 am

Ive heard of Gay guys talking about "banging" women, but never have I heard straight guys talking about other guys, cause that would make him gay, LOL. Thats my take, so no answer.
"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" Samuel Johnson

OzarkD9S
Topic Author

Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:23 am

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 1):

but never have I heard straight guys talking about other guys, cause that would make him gay,

HA HA...but still...........................
"True, I talk of dreams,

Toast

Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:30 am

Quoting OzarkD9S (Thread starter):
I wanna know who you find HOT of the sex you're NOT interested in.

How does that work?  crazy 

I wouldn't touch a guy with a 10-foot pole. I essentially view other men's appearance as either repulsive or not repulsive. But attractive?  no 

Actually, come to think of it, I once found a guy really hot. He caught fire while handling overheated cooking oil. I had to touch him all over, and believe me he was smoking hot!  hot 

duck 
Shit Piss Fuck Cunt Cocksucker Motherfucker Tits

OzarkD9S
Topic Author

Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:34 am

Quoting Toast (Reply 3):

How does that work?

Well I'm a big ole queer but I know what a hot woman is. Why don't str8 men know what a hot man looks like? Women know if another woman is a sexpot.
"True, I talk of dreams,

ajd1992

Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:38 am

Men are too afraid to admit it to themselves because they think it makes them gay.

I can't really answer this question, i get the best of both worlds anyway  Silly Although, I would say i was more gay than straight.

vikkyvik

Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:09 pm

Quoting Ajd1992 (Reply 5):
Men are too afraid to admit it to themselves because they think it makes them gay.

Or we really just have no frame of reference for it.

I pretty much agree with this:

Quoting Toast (Reply 3):
I essentially view other men's appearance as either repulsive or not repulsive.

I have no problem saying "that's a good looking guy" if asked, but I really have no idea why I think that. I know quite well what I think makes a girl attractive, but I have no freakin clue about guys.

Not to mention, I don't look at guys like that. When I see a random guy, I don't think to myself "hey, he's pretty hot" or "damn, that is one ugly motherf*cker."

And I would never say that I would totally bang this guy or that, cause, well, I wouldn't.

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 1):
Ive heard of Gay guys talking about "banging" women

Me too, and I never really understood it. Probably never will, since I don't happen to be gay.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

AirframeAS

Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:17 pm

I thought this thread had to do with transsexual thing-a-roo, whatchamcallit....  Confused
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

ajd1992

Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:20 pm

Quoting Vikkyvik (Reply 6):
Me too, and I never really understood it. Probably never will, since I don't happen to be gay.

All people have a same sex "i'd hit it" person. Or, at least many people i know do (and are straight, from my friends group at school i'm the only non straighty.)

MSYtristar

Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:46 pm

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 8):
I thought this thread had to do with transsexual thing-a-roo, whatchamcallit....

?

LAXspotter

Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:46 pm

Not to mention, I don't look at guys like that. When I see a random guy, I don't think to myself "hey, he's pretty hot" or "damn, that is one ugly motherf*cker."

yep, cause vik that would make you gay, LOL. I on the other hand, am more busy assessing the women, there are so many good looking ones where I am.

CupraIbiza

Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:13 pm

Wow everyone is so afraid to name some names, you big girls

My choice is Luca Toni
Everyday is a gift…… but why does it have to be a pair of socks?

swiftski

Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:02 pm

I don't have any names, but in reference to your earlier point, as a straight man, absolutely "yes" to the "can straight men tell an attractive man". There's just a lot of macho-ness preventing a lot of people from admitting it.

ShyFlyer

Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:06 pm

Quoting Ajd1992 (Reply 5):

I'm not afraid to admit anything.

I don't find any man attractive. Simple as that.
I lift things up and put them down.

LAXspotter

Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:36 pm

Quoting ShyFlyer (Reply 14):

Perfect Explanation, and my point as well.

cxsjr

Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:57 pm

Well, it looks like we're not gonna get a 'straight' answer here  Silly so why don't we try it this way, it probably amounts to the same thing? ....

We should all be happy with the way we look, but I'm certain there are other persons of the same sex who, if you had the choice, you would really love to look like .... who would you most like to look like?
The world is a book, those who do not travel read only one page ....

Acey

Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:05 pm

I don't look at guys like that. When I see a random guy, I don't think to myself "hey, he's pretty hot" or "damn, that is one ugly motherf*cker."

rotfl  rotfl  rotfl 

Agreed...and I don't think it's because I'm scared of seeming gay...
If a man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live. -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

ual757

Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:52 pm

Okay you wanna know....myself!  Big grin

Lol, this thread is weird, its like you want us to be gay.

pessimist 

aloha73g

Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:13 pm

During the Kobe Bryant rape scandal/trial my best friend repeatedly stated that it was impossible to be raped by Kobe Bryant, since everyone (including himself) would have sex with Kobe. He was joking, but he's straight...so theres an answer....sort of.

As for me....never thought about it.

-Aloha!
Aloha Airlines - The Spirit Moves Us. Gone but NEVER Forgotten. Aloha, A Hui Hou!

vikkyvik

Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:03 pm

Quoting Ajd1992 (Reply 9):
All people have a same sex "i'd hit it" person.

Well, not ALL people obviously, since I don't.

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 11):
yep, cause vik that would make you gay, LOL. I on the other hand, am more busy assessing the women, there are so many good looking ones where I am.

Goddamn it, I'm NOT gay!!!!!!!!!

Wink
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

mika

Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:36 pm

I'm straight but off the top of my head i'd say that Daniel Craig as James Bond makes a pretty decent male. Although i would never dream to jump his bones  crazy 

cxsjr

Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:39 pm

alert  I've never read such a load of male bravado  alert 

If you're a straight guy, of course you know if another guy is good looking but you won't necessarily find him 'HOT' or want to hit onto him unless you are in fact gay.

I work with a straight guy who says he would love to look like Wentworth Miller ....

In my opinion, this is his acknowledgement that Wentworth Miller is a good looking guy .... isn't it?

Perhaps this thread would be more entertaining if you looked at it this way instead of being paranoid about appearing to be gay?!?!  Yeah sure

Banco

Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:56 pm

Quoting Cxsjr (Reply 23):
If you're a straight guy, of course you know if another guy is good looking

Nope. Not really. At least not good looking in a way that someone of the opposite sex (or gay) would find attractive. It's nothing whatever to do with male bravado, because i couldn't care less about sexual orientation, mine or anyone else's, I just don't know what is attractive in a male. Trying to say that those who don't are somehow repressed is silly and insulting. My wife will point out someone who is a bit tasty, and I'll just accept it, because for obvious reasons I don't see it, and more often than not it's someone I'd never have thought of as being good looking.

If you want to take a classic screen sex-god, then yes, I can see that they might be good looking. Whether they are attractive or not, I wouldn't have a clue.

Why it is that women can see attractiveness in other women, and men can't in other men, I don't know. I've wondered about it before, but unless you want to call everyone a liar, without any reason to, you should just accept those answers at face value.
She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.

cxsjr

Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:31 pm

Quoting Banco (Reply 24):

If you feel insulted, then I am sorry as this was most definitely not the intention  white 

I guess the clue here is drawing the line between recognising a person of the same sex as 'good looking' as opposed to finding them attractive. Sure, I'd be worried if a straight guy said he found another guy attractive; but saying that he is good looking is surely quite a different thing?

This thread has probably flopped as OzarkD9S (thread starter) used the term HOT instead of good looking or something similar?

Banco

Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:36 pm

Quoting Cxsjr (Reply 25):
If you feel insulted, then I am sorry as this was most definitely not the intention

No, I'm not remotely insulted, just puzzled that you would gainsay others comments with the implication that you don't believe them. There's no reason to do that.

Quoting Cxsjr (Reply 25):
I guess the clue here is drawing the line between recognising a person of the same sex as 'good looking' as opposed to finding them attractive. Sure, I'd be worried if a straight guy said he found another guy attractive; but saying that he is good looking is surely quite a different thing?

But the point is, that women will tell me that someone is attractive, and I don't have a clue. They will tell me that someone is good looking and I don't have a clue. I just don't know how to recognise whether someone is good looking or not if they're male, and when told, I'm more likely that not to respond with a surprised "Is he?" than anything else.

Toast

Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:36 pm

I've never read such a load of male bravado

If you're a straight guy, of course you know if another guy is good looking

Well, OK, I'll give it a try, if you insist. I'll try to apply these very basic criteria of attractiveness I have for women:

1) not obese
2) no visible deformities or diseases
3) clean and well-groomed

With those in mind, yes, the guy you pictured is good-looking. Happy now?  duck 

I'm an art freak and I draw a lot, and I can draw a guy's face pretty well, but it has never occurred to me to try to make a man's face attractive; what I look for is CHARACTER, which IMO is far more important for a guy than "beauty". Plus, a face with character is a permanent blessing, as opposed to transient "good looks".

Interesting faces: Sean Connery, Kirk Douglas, George W. Bush (I'm not kidding), Clint Eastwood, George Carlin, Albert Einstein, Moshe Dayan, Morgan Freeman, Rasputin, Benedict XVI.
Boring faces: Dick Cheney, Karl Rove, King Albert II of Belgium, Leonardo DiCaprio, John Stewart, John Paul II, Quentin Tarantino, Marlon Brando, Michael Moore, Elton John.

My own face is rather bland and will blend in easily anywhere, but I've often been told I have an evil smile  mischievous 

Toaster  Smile
Shit Piss Fuck Cunt Cocksucker Motherfucker Tits

Queso

Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:42 pm

Then does that not make you "straight" or at the very least "bi"?

Maybe you need to go re-evaluate your sexual orientation a bit. Chances are that you were in a "dry spell" with chicks at one time but were still very horny and just needed some release, the opportunity presented itself, and that's how you became "gay".

cxsjr

Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:54 pm

Quoting Toast (Reply 27):
what I look for is CHARACTER

.... absolutely, me too!   

I was actually typing my original response to this post earlier and was going to mention how, when you're younger, you tended to largely base your chances of hitting on someone successfully based on their looks against your own. I think at some point or another, we'll have all heard something along the lines of "I don't stand a chance with him/her" .... this assumption probably being based on looks.

As you mature, character becomes by far the most important, if not the only factor, of that I can give you a classic example: I met my partners identical triplet brother before I ever met my partner and was not remotely physically attracted to him (thankfully for me as he is straight  ); a week later I met my [now] partner and we clicked instantly - we have been together since the day we met, nearly 4 years ago. This has to be living proof that character is everything?

Quoting Queso (Reply 28):
became "gay"

Oh god, not this again ....

[Edited 2007-08-31 14:57:12]

Jetset763

Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:21 pm

Gosh a lot of guys here clearly not comfortable enough with their sexuality to be able to admit to when they see what could be classed as a good looking male. It doesn't make you gay at all! I'm gay but still find the opposite sex attractive and I know a good looking woman from a not so good looking woman - this in no way makes me straight.

[Edited 2007-08-31 15:22:06]
hAS ANYONE SEEN MY cAPSLOCK KEY?

Banco

Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:43 pm

Quoting Jetset763 (Reply 30):
Gosh a lot of guys here clearly not comfortable enough with their sexuality to be able to admit to when they see what could be classed as a good looking male

Yeah sure

Some people just can't accept an answer can they?

Quoting Jetset763 (Reply 30):
I'm gay but

If heterosexual men were to make such a sweeping statement about gay people, you would quite rightly complain bitterly about it. Sauce for the goose...

MSYtristar

Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:56 pm

I'm straight as an arrow, but I think Julian McMahon (aka Dr. Christian Troy) of Nip/Tuck fame is a pretty damn handsome man, and if I was born gay instead of straight, I could see myself having the hots for him. I think I have no problem in saying as such because I am good friends with few gay people and I've learned a lot from them. I'm comfortable in saying "what if", not really a big deal.

TSS

Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:05 am

So you're unable to tell the visual difference between Danny DeVito and Mel Gibson?
 stirthepot 
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

Banco

Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:08 am

Quoting TSS (Reply 33):
So you're unable to tell the visual difference between Danny DeVito and Mel Gibson?

Every time I see Mel Gibson, I want to batter him over the head with a blunt instrument. Does that count?  Wink

YYZflyer

Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:31 am

Why it is that women can see attractiveness in other women, and men can't in other men

Maybe all women are secretly bi  mischievous   Wink And that's not a bad thing Big grin

I can't tell if another guy is hot, but I can tell sometimes if they are

one ugly motherf*cker

flamed 
Avoid hangovers, stay drunk.

ShyFlyer

Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:03 am

Quoting TSS (Reply 33):

Mel Gibson is taller than Danny DeVito.
I lift things up and put them down.

CanadianNorth

Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:05 am

Last week there was this really nice looking f/a on Condor, and after we got off there were multiple straight guys saying that they'll admit to noticing that he was pretty hot...

CanadianNorth
HS-748, like a 747 but better!

sandrozrh

Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:23 am

Quoting Toast (Reply 3):
I wouldn't touch a guy with a 10-foot pole.

checkmark  Spot on.

Quoting Toast (Reply 3):
Actually, come to think of it, I once found a guy really hot. He caught fire while handling overheated cooking oil. I had to touch him all over, and believe me he was smoking hot!

rotfl 

yooyoo

Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:27 am

ok, i'll asnwer.
George Clooney is a good looking guy.
I am so smart, i am so smart... S-M-R-T... i mean S-M-A-R-T

seb146

Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:47 am

Nope. Not really. At least not good looking in a way that someone of the opposite sex (or gay) would find attractive.

But, that does not make a person gay. I always thought Helen Hays and Jessica Tandy were beautiful women. That does not make me straight. I would never "bang" a woman, but I know who I find attractive and who I don't.

Quoting YYZflyer (Reply 35):
I can't tell if another guy is hot, but I can tell sometimes if they are

Again, does not make you gay. What makes you gay is if you want to put his down south in your up north, so to speak. But, simply looking at the face/body of someone of the same gender and saying "that is nice" does not make a person gay just like simply looking at the face/body of someone of the opposite gender and saying "that is nice" does not make a person straight.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Banco

Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:53 am

Quoting Seb146 (Reply 40):
But, that does not make a person gay.

Never said it did.  Confused Don't know where you got that from.

But I am fascinated by the absolute refusal of people here who are gay to accept what the heterosexual men are saying. There'd be a riot if that was the other way around. Why won't you just take our word for it?

AA777

Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:59 am

Straight men...so fickle, they are. There are some with their heads on right, and they will admit when they have a man-crush. There is nothing wrong with a man-crush, it doesnt mean you're gay. It means you think said man is way cool and you want to be like him. In any event... one straight friend of mine saw "Troy" with me...featuring Brad Pitt...and since then he has admitted to having a man-crush on Brad Pitt. My best friends' (my best friend is a girl) ex boyfriend had a man crush on Nick Lachey....he thought he was a 'rad dude'. haha. You see...no harm done.

As for me.... if I had to sleep with a girl... (lol)

-Eva Mendes
-Katherine Heigl

Quoting Banco (Reply 22):

Nope. Not really. At least not good looking in a way that someone of the opposite sex (or gay) would find attractive. It's nothing whatever to do with male bravado, because i couldn't care less about sexual orientation, mine or anyone else's, I just don't know what is attractive in a male

I'm totally sorry to call you out here... but this is definitely your male bravado talking. Everyone knows who is generally attractive and who is not. Furthermore, you have your own opinions about what other guys are good-looking/ handsome, or who you might want to look like. Whether you admit this or not is an entirely different story. EVERYONE compares themselves to others of the same sex. Just like how its common for STRAIGHT guys to compare themselves (even secretly) while working out at the gym....Its NORMAL and doesnt mean you're gay. Furthermore, if you *really* dont know whats considered attractive in a Male, look at any D&G ad. Or take a look at whose who in Hollywood...... then you'll see.

-AA777

halls120

Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:33 am

Quoting Cxsjr (Reply 15):
if you had the choice, you would really love to look like .... who would you most like to look like

That's easy - George Clooney. Given the number of women I know who swoon over him, it's a no brainer.  Smile
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

jafa39

Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:41 am

I'm not gay and I am not going to even think about which men i would find hot as i find it bizzare enough that women would find men attractive, let alone men finding men attractive!!!!
We, the undersigned, do hereby consent.....

ClassicLover

Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:47 am

lol... too funny watching the str8 boys on here who haven't named anyone.

As a card carrying gay guy, I think loads of girls are good looking. Catherine Zeta-Jones, Reese Witherspoon, Alicia Silverstone, Heather Graham, Kate Hudson, Winona Ryder... there are loads of girls I think are good looking. Doesn't mean I'd shag them tho!  Smile
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!

atrude777

Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:30 am

I'll bite.

But in honestly, if I look at a guy and I study his appearance I am studying what OF him makes him good looking? Is it good abs? Strong built chest? Nice Legs? I am probably staring at guys because of something they had I don't have and wish I had. I don't think I could admit to seeing a guy and go "he's hot Ill take him home" because I really don't.

But I can appreciate the attractiveness the guy brings to the world and his sex appeal if he has one.

For example I don't understand at all why girls and gay guys if they do find men like Clooney, Orlando Bloom and Brad Pitt and even Patrick Dempsey from Grey's Anatomy (SERIOUSLY?) "hot" or very good looking. Not to me.

As for guys who i admit have a sex appeal and are attractive..

Kenny Chesney, Nick Lachey would have to be the guys for me I guess.

Ok...keep chatting:-P

Alex
Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who go AFTER it!

LAXspotter

Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:10 am

Quoting Banco (Reply 39):
But I am fascinated by the absolute refusal of people here who are gay to accept what the heterosexual men are saying. There'd be a riot if that was the other way around. Why won't you just take our word for it?

Agree with that, How is it that gay guys can find women "attractive", and claim to be Gay? I dont find a man attractive because I dont know what constitutes attractiveness in a man, and I find it rather disgusting to look at men like that, and nor am I looking for that, I am busier checking out the ladies, there are plenty where I live.

767Lover

Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:07 pm

Quoting Toast (Reply 25):
what I look for is CHARACTER, which IMO is far more important for a guy than "beauty".

Totally agree. The pretty boys do nothing for me. I fall for interesting faces. LIke just tonight, watching the US Open I was thinking that I find John McEnroe attractive the way he looks today. His face has character to it.

As for attractive women: I have no sexual desire for them, but I have always found Angelina Jolie and Michelle Pfieffer to be absolutely can't-take-my-eyes-off-them stunning.

pencrypted

Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:12 pm

hmmm, interesting thread, Would probably have to say liz hurley, audrey hepburn have always struck me as attractive.
-Maty

LAXspotter

Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:55 pm

Quoting 767Lover (Reply 46):
but I have always found Angelina Jolie and Michelle Pfieffer to be absolutely can't-take-my-eyes-off-them stunning.

then youre attracted to women, youre not gay, youre just dont have your way with the ladies, if you do find a hint of attractiveness, the same cannot be said for us straight guys and men.

cxsjr

Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:27 pm

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 48):

Nonsense!! - I am a gay man and work with a young lady who is extremely good looking. I quite often find myself studying her good looks. She has a beautiful face and a wonderfully shapely figure but just because I appreciate her beauty, it doesn't mean I want to rip her clothes off and get into bed with her!

I think the huge mistake people are making with this thread is down to semantics:

point  Physical attractiveness (i.e. good looks) is the perception of an individual as physically beautiful by other people.

point  Sexually attractive means capable of arousing desire.

Any disagreements here are down largely to the inability of some individuals to differentiate between the two.

Yes, I find my work colleague to be extremely beautiful physically but she doesn't 'arouse' me in any way!