LAXspotter

RE: Reverse Sex Hotties

Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:30 pm

Quoting Cxsjr (Reply 49):
Yes, I find my work colleague to be extremely beautiful physically but she doesn't 'arouse' me in any way!

I dont see neither in Men, sorry
"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" Samuel Johnson

cxsjr

Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:36 pm

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 50):
I dont see neither in Men, sorry

You don't need to answer this but do you consider yourself to be good looking?
The world is a book, those who do not travel read only one page ....

LAXspotter

Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:38 pm

Quoting Cxsjr (Reply 51):

I dont know, seriously, I dont know.

LAXspotter

Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:39 pm

Quoting Cxsjr (Reply 51):

I'll ask my mom, LOL.

cxsjr

Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:51 pm

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 53):
I'll ask my mom, LOL.

Don't believe everything she tells you, she might be just a little biased  wink 

LAXspotter

Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:00 pm

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 48):
then youre attracted to women, youre not gay, youre just dont have your way with the ladies, if you do find a hint of attractiveness, the same cannot be said for us straight guys and men.

I just got a PM, and let me add one more thing, lets just assume youre a gay man, hehe.

jafa39

Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:04 pm

Funny none of the gay guys have mentioned Judy Garland yet  Wink
We, the undersigned, do hereby consent.....

HowSwedeitis

Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:21 pm

Quoting UAL757 (Reply 17):
Okay you wanna know....myself!

Wouldn't that be like masturbation... kind of??? ...Im confused....  Confused  boggled 
Heja Sverige!!

DLOnur

Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:28 pm

Some dudes who I think are better looking than other dudes...

Pacino (esp. circa "Godfather Part II")
Benecio del Toro
Steve McQueen
Robert Duvall (think, "Great Santini")
Sam Shepard
Adrian Brody
Ralph Fiennes (esp. as Amon Goth in "Schindler's List")
Jacques Derrida

Not gay here, but nonetheless, ya gotta give good looking dudes their due.

-o-
What you believe is what you see.

767Lover

Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:48 pm

then youre attracted to women, youre not gay, youre just dont have your way with the ladies,

I don't want to see them without clothes or anything. In fact, I couldn't even tell you what their figures are like. I only look at their faces.

seb146

Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:43 am

Quoting Banco (Reply 39):
There'd be a riot if that was the other way around. Why won't you just take our word for it?

I know straight guys are not gay. Straight guys would not want to play hide the sausage with Leo DiCaprio. I get that. But, simply saying "Leo DiCaprio is good looking" does not mean the same thing, either. Why is it any gay guy or any woman period can say "Vanessa Williams is pretty" and no one bats an eye but if a straight guy says "Leo DiCaprio is handsome" everyone comes unglued? It is okay to say someone of the same gender is good looking without thinking you are gay. My brother is married, four kids and devout Christian but he does not feel threatened or gay when he says some guy is handsome. I don't get it....

Quoting Jafa39 (Reply 56):
Funny none of the gay guys have mentioned Judy Garland yet

I never got that. I am gay but have never been into Judy Garland or Liza Minnelli. I always thought Sarah Vaughn and Miss Eartha Kitt are beautiful and have great voices, too! Much better than Judy or Liza.

I guess I should keep an eye out in the mail for suspension of my lavender card rights LOL
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

vikkyvik

Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:14 am

Wow:

Quoting Cxsjr (Reply 21):
I've never read such a load of male bravado

Quoting Cxsjr (Reply 21):
If you're a straight guy, of course you know if another guy is good looking but you won't necessarily find him 'HOT' or want to hit onto him unless you are in fact gay.

Quoting Jetset763 (Reply 28):
Gosh a lot of guys here clearly not comfortable enough with their sexuality to be able to admit to when they see what could be classed as a good looking male.

Quoting AA777 (Reply 40):
Everyone knows who is generally attractive and who is not.

Quoting ClassicLover (Reply 43):
lol... too funny watching the str8 boys on here who haven't named anyone.

Quoting Seb146 (Reply 60):
I know straight guys are not gay. Straight guys would not want to play hide the sausage with Leo DiCaprio. I get that. But, simply saying "Leo DiCaprio is good looking" does not mean the same thing, either. Why is it any gay guy or any woman period can say "Vanessa Williams is pretty" and no one bats an eye but if a straight guy says "Leo DiCaprio is handsome" everyone comes unglued? It is okay to say someone of the same gender is good looking without thinking you are gay. My brother is married, four kids and devout Christian but he does not feel threatened or gay when he says some guy is handsome. I don't get it....

banghead 

You know, I don't know if I'm a good looking guy. I'm pretty darn sure I'm not a stunner. That's about as far as my thoughts go in that direction, because I don't really care. Yet, my girlfriend finds me attractive. How do I explain this? I don't, because I don't know. I honestly have no idea. And if you can't accept that, then too bad.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

FighterPilot

Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:21 am

Cal  airplane 
*Insert Sound Of GE90 Spooling Up Here*

halls120

Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:37 am

Quoting ClassicLover (Reply 43):
lol... too funny watching the str8 boys on here who haven't named anyone.

Maybe it's because we just don't look at guys.  Smile

Seriously, it's not something that I really think about. When my SO says some guy is hot, nine times out of ten, I think to myself, wow, he's not all that good looking. But of course I keep that to myself.....

I think the huge mistake people are making with this thread is down to semantics:

ÊÊ Physical attractiveness (i.e. good looks) is the perception of an individual as physically beautiful by other people.

ÊÊ Sexually attractive means capable of arousing desire.

Any disagreements here are down largely to the inability of some individuals to differentiate between the two.

Good point. Not speaking for all straight men, however, I think part of the issue is that we tend to focus more on the second category than the first. I know I do.....
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

ScarletHarlot

Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:53 am

I am sad for some of you straight guys, because you can't see the beauty in other men. Funny how straight girls can look at another girl and say "she's beautiful" and it doesn't mean you want to do her - it just means that, she's pleasing to look at. What's wrong with appreciating beauty in the world?

Do you guys never come across a guy or a picture of a guy or anything where you look at it and are like "yeah, he's a good looking guy" or "I wish I looked like that" or anything? Seriously, there are guys who NEVER think that?
But that was when I ruled the world

cxsjr

Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:59 pm

Quoting Vikkyvik (Reply 61):
I'm pretty darn sure I'm not a stunner

.... and you would only know this (subconsciously maybe) by comparing yourself to someone who in your opinion is a stunner perhaps?  wink 

freckles

Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:55 pm

Quoting OzarkD9S (Thread starter):
Tina Turner (circa 1983)

Interesting!

Quoting YYZflyer (Reply 33):
Maybe all women are secretly bi  mischievous  {Wink} And that's not a bad thing Big grin

I think it's that women know what a guy likes, whereas some guys haven't a clue about their own sex.

I think it'd have to be:
http://www.xhollywood.com/celebrity/pictures/albums/celebrities/avril-lavigne/avril-lavigne-1.jpg
Avril Lavigne or

Ashley from The Pussycat Dolls or

Emilie de Ravin (Claire from Lost)

Smile

cxsjr

Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:59 pm

As a gay guy, I can imagine that most straight guys would be aroused by this .... ??

Am I wrong?

ShyFlyer

Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:50 am

Quoting ScarletHarlot (Reply 64):
Do you guys never come across a guy or a picture of a guy or anything where you look at it and are like "yeah, he's a good looking guy" or "I wish I looked like that" or anything? Seriously, there are guys who NEVER think that?

To me, looking at guys is like looking at China patterns. It really holds no interest for me.
I lift things up and put them down.

halls120

Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:36 am

Quoting ShyFlyer (Reply 68):
Quoting ScarletHarlot (Reply 64):Do you guys never come across a guy or a picture of a guy or anything where you look at it and are like "yeah, he's a good looking guy" or "I wish I looked like that" or anything? Seriously, there are guys who NEVER think that?
To me, looking at guys is like looking at China patterns. It really holds no interest for me.

An excellent analogy. They might be attractive to women, but straight men just don't look at other men the same way that women - and apparently gay men - do.

It's not a conspiracy, it's just the way we are wired.
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

EWRCabincrew

Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:49 am

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 1):
straight guys talking about other guys, cause that would make him gay

Yeah, that makes a person gay.  Yeah sure

I talk about women and their beauty, guess that makes me straight. My husband would argue to the contrary.
You can't cure stupid

LH423

Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:56 am

then youre attracted to women, youre not gay, youre just dont have your way with the ladies, if you do find a hint of attractiveness, the same cannot be said for us straight guys and men.

I think that speaks more to the cultural close-mindedness of straight men. I'm not saying it's right or it's wrong but I find it hard to believe that only straight men are genetically incapable of detecting whether a man is good looking or not. And don't give me the crap about how straight men don't know what constitutes a handsome man. We're fed it all day, every day. From advertising to movies to TV to music. Male sex symbols are everywhere. If most straight women and gay men can find some women attractive and most gay women can find some men attractive, why can't straight men?

I'm not saying that every man or women on Earth HAS to find someone of the same (or opposite) sex attractive, and I think the original poster got the thread off on the wrong foot by putting it in a sexual context (I, as a gay man, can find women attractive but could never get it up to have sex with one of them). But I think that there sheer numbers of straight men compared to the women and gay men who have not been able to give an answer of men who they find "aesthetically pleasing" speaks more to the cultural message that straight men are never, ever supposed to think about other men that way, NOT that it's physically impossible for straight men to do so.

In other words, I personally believe that while everybody has the capability to find someone of the same sex 'attractive' in the sense that we can appreciate that they've been given above average looks, societal rules dictate that straight men are never supposed to recognize that fact and are, therefore, largely incapable of doing so. Whether it's right or wrong, that's not for me to decide but I think that if men were to be more open about those sorts of things, you'd see more of the men on here giving more answers than "i don't look at dudes so I don't know".

checkmark 

Quoting Seb146 (Reply 60):

checkmark 

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

vikkyvik

Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:14 am

Quoting Cxsjr (Reply 65):
.... and you would only know this (subconsciously maybe) by comparing yourself to someone who in your opinion is a stunner perhaps?

Haha, nope.  Smile

I just look at myself in the mirror, and don't see anything particularly attractive about myself. I don't think I'm particularly ugly, either....I really don't care that much.

Quoting LH423 (Reply 71):
And don't give me the crap about how straight men don't know what constitutes a handsome man. We're fed it all day, every day. From advertising to movies to TV to music. Male sex symbols are everywhere.

Sorry, but who says that I have to find male sex symbols attractive? You're talking about breaking societal norms, and then you're saying we're supposed to be spoon-fed society's version of attractiveness?? Sort of a contradiction.

But I think that there sheer numbers of straight men compared to the women and gay men who have not been able to give an answer of men who they find "aesthetically pleasing" speaks more to the cultural message that straight men are never, ever supposed to think about other men that way, NOT that it's physically impossible for straight men to do so.

I will only speak for myself (as I have been doing). Why would I possibly care about societal norms on an internet forum among people most of whom I've never met? Seriously, I feel no need to either prove 1.) my macho manliness, or 2.) my complete openness (my "gay" side if you will). People who know me know how I am about these sorts of things.

Quoting Cxsjr (Reply 67):
As a gay guy, I can imagine that most straight guys would be aroused by this .... ??

Eh, not really. I couldn't really get over how stupid I thought the whole video was  Smile
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

TransIsland

Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:22 am

Quoting OzarkD9S (Reply 4):
but I know what a hot woman is.

The list you gave us would suggest otherwise.
I'm an aviation expert. I have Sky Juice for breakfast.

halls120

Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:40 am

In other words, I personally believe that while everybody has the capability to find someone of the same sex 'attractive' in the sense that we can appreciate that they've been given above average looks, societal rules dictate that straight men are never supposed to recognize that fact and are, therefore, largely incapable of doing so.

Where are these "societal rules" written down?

Banco

Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:54 pm

I think that speaks more to the cultural close-mindedness of straight men.

I'm getting irritated by this now. We're now getting a procession of gay men coming along telling us that we're either closed-minded, lying, in denial or that something is wrong with us.

All of which just goes to show that gay or straight, people can be just as ignorant and bigoted in their views irrespective of sexual orientation.

How DARE you adopt such an attitude. How dare you tell us that it's because we're "closed minded". Shall I return the favour and say that you are unnatural? Or would you (quite correctly) be angered by that? Because the subtext to all these comments is an exceptionally arrogant "Oh we can see it, you just won't because you're repressed" attitude.

The question has been repeatedly put, you've had thoughtful and considered answers, which you are just refusing to accept. Perhaps being gay is "just a phase"? Perhaps they can be taught to "conform to societal norms" instead? No? Thought not. And yet you are asking to be accepted as you are and refusing to extend the same courtesy to everyone else. Given that gay people have had to deal with a lack of understanding since the dawn of time, it's at best rather unfortunate that so many on here can't seem to extent that in the other direction.
She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.

cornish

Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:37 pm

Quoting Banco (Reply 75):
I'm getting irritated by this now. We're now getting a procession of gay men coming along telling us that we're either closed-minded, lying, in denial or that something is wrong with us.

Er no you're not. I've got straight mates who wouldn't know a handsome man even if they came up to them and said "hi i'm a handsome man."

now I can easily spot a woman who would be attractive to a straight man - whether obviously pretty or perhaps less so but definitely with a certain something that makes her sexy. But then I used to go out with girls before I realised it was men i wanted. However my partner who has always been attracted to men hasn't got a clue about pretty girls. whenever he mentions a woman as being attractive she tends to be older and in my honest opinion not attractive at all. Yet if i mentino someone pretty he can't really see it, but my straight mates will tend to agree.

So there is no right or wrong answer. i think there are plenty of people gay or straight can't necessarily pick out attractive people amongst the gender they don't fancy themselves. I can do both probably because i'v'e been there, seen both and done both, others may be the same.
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

Banco

Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:42 pm

Quoting Cornish (Reply 76):
I can do both probably because i'v'e been there, seen both and done both, others may be the same.

Greedy bastard.  grumpy   biggrin 

HowSwedeitis

Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:59 pm

Whoa whoa wow... people are getting to angry in this forum!! It's just a silly little thread! Don't take it too seriously...
Heja Sverige!!

cornish

Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:15 pm

Quoting HowSwedeitis (Reply 78):
Whoa whoa wow... people are getting to angry in this forum!! It's just a silly little thread! Don't take it too seriously...

There are gay men contributing to this thread. Of course it has to involve some drama  Wink
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

Banco

Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:22 pm

Quoting Cornish (Reply 79):
There are gay men contributing to this thread. Of course it has to involve some drama

And a better clothes sense - though you are the exception to prove the rule...  Wink

cornish

Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:32 pm

Quoting Banco (Reply 80):
And a better clothes sense - though you are the exception to prove the rule...

Why thank you Alexander McbloodyQueen  grumpy 

torquewrench

Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:07 pm

I guess the easiest way for me to get the proper prospective of the question is a shirt that I once saw. On the front it said straight, but NOT narrow. Makes a lot of sense to me. I'm hetero, married to same woman for over 26 years. I see the beauty of humans in general. I see both males and females that are very good looking. Being that I am hetero, when I see a very attractive male I think "If I were gay he would turn me on" but it goes no further than that. I think when I see an attractive woman, the same idea holds true. My thought might be "If I were single I could be interested". Still the fact remains, I'm human, not blind, straight, but not narrow. I think there are some VERY attractive people of both genders, and a variety of sexual preferences in the world. I enjoy seeing the beauty of humans regardless of sex, marital status, or orientation.

my .02 worth
M.
Recovery is a journey, not a destination. Enjoy the trip.

OzarkD9S
Topic Author

Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:06 am

Quoting TransIsland (Reply 73):

The list you gave us would suggest otherwise.

For you maybe...but for me, if I had too, hell yeah! If nothing else for bragging rights!
"True, I talk of dreams,
Which are the children of an idle brain." -Mercutio

LH423

Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:23 pm

Quoting Vikkyvik (Reply 72):
I will only speak for myself (as I have been doing). Why would I possibly care about societal norms on an internet forum among people most of whom I've never met? Seriously, I feel no need to either prove 1.) my macho manliness, or 2.) my complete openness (my "gay" side if you will). People who know me know how I am about these sorts of things.

Quoting Banco (Reply 75):

No, I'm not trying to say that you're 'close-minded' in an intolerant way. I'm just saying that I find it pretty odd that straight women, gay women, and gay men are all (for the most part, in my experience) able to at least recognize when someone of the opposite sex to what they're attracted to is attractive (not necessarily in a sexual way, but just appreciating that they have exceptional looks). I can't imagine that straight men are, somehow, genetically different from the rest of the population (though, if that were the case, that might be an interesting argument in the 'nature v. nurture' debate on homosexuality) so the only thing I can come up with is that over the millenia, society has evolved in a way that straight men are simply not 'trained', for lack of a better word (or maybe they are 'trained'), to be able to look at other men in any sort of manner. I'm certainly not criticizing this. I don't want to change this either. But how else can one explain this apparent phenomenon? How is it that straight men just simply aren't interested when...roughly 60% of the population can?

The reason I came up with this theory was that it wasn't just one or two guys here saying that they don't look at other guys, it was the vast majority whereas the females and gay men (are there any lesbians on here? I remember one or two in the past but none spring to mind at present) were perfectly willing. So it doesn't appear to be a random thing leading me to believe that this goes deeper than just personal preference but more something that's ingrained in us from a young age.

Quoting Cornish (Reply 79):
There are gay men contributing to this thread. Of course it has to involve some drama

Funny, though. For once it's the heteros getting THEIR panties in a twist!  biggrin 

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Banco

Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:00 pm

Quoting LH423 (Reply 84):
I can't imagine that straight men are, somehow, genetically different from the rest of the population

Well, I can't imagine that gay men can find other men attractive, but you do. (shrug)

Since you can't imagine what it's like, really just accept what we say.

seb146

Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:46 am

Quoting Banco (Reply 85):
Well, I can't imagine that gay men can find other men attractive, but you do. (shrug)

How is it that I can recall several straight men I have known over the years (including my brother, married with kids) are okay with saying "that man is good looking" but on an anonymous message board, heteros have to prove their manliness? I get that straight guys don't want to see another guy's junk. That's cool. I don't want to see a woman's gazongas. But, I can safely say I think Eva Longoria is pretty. I don't want to bump uglies with her, just like a straight guy does not want to with Matt Damon. But, a straight guy can look at Mr. Matt on the cover of a magazine and say "Yeah, he's attractive" without anyone thinking he is gay. I think in today's society, we are taught attractiveness=sexuality. That is clearly not the case.

But, on the other hand, some people (not just straight guys) don't spend that much time thinking about who is attractive or not. I have been racking my brain over which celebs are hot or not. I don't obsess over it. I barely know who the ones I have mentioned are (except for one of the two future Mr. Seb146, Matt Damon). It is one way I can relate to others since celebs are in the news constantly. Otherwise, I couldn't tell you who most of these people are.

Banco

Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:37 am

Quoting Seb146 (Reply 86):
but on an anonymous message board, heteros have to prove their manliness?

That's just ignorant and insulting. Who the hell are you to tell others what they should think? How dare you suggest it is bravado. It's just a bigoted and prejudiced comment, assuming others are somehow covering up when you have no comprehension whatsoever of heterosexual men and how they think, any more than I can put myself in the mind of a homosexual.

For your information, it is a subject of conversation between myself and my wife occasionally. She doesn't see the need to engage in such arrogant, self-centred and yes, prejudiced and discriminatory foolishness as you have. She might ask me why that is the case, and I don't know the answer, but she certainly wouldn't tell men they are wrong, making it up or somehow engaging in bravado.

You need to think deeply and carefully about the implication of what you have said.

And then come up with an apology.

TSS

Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:14 am

I suspect the ability to see attractiveness in someone you have no desire to boink isn't so much a "yes/no" issue as it is a "points on a great big bell curve" issue: a few people can see attractiveness in anyone, a few others don't find anyone except a prospective conquest attractive, and the vast majority of folks fall somewhere in-between those two extremes.

That being said, profoundly heterosexual guys do seem to see the world differently from the rest of us in several ways. As one example, ask an ultra-straight guy to describe or differentiate any color besides the basic eleven (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink, brown, black, white, and grey) and they'll likely get a deer-in-the-headlights look on their face and begin to show all the signs of serious mental stress. I've noticed this because part of my job entails asking people what color their car is, and I have to go through this tooth-pulling ceremony several times a day. If my job's software would allow me to move on while leaving the "color" portion of a vehicle's description blank, you can bet your bottom dollar I would because most of the time it's just not worth the stress it causes my customers.

The most memorable example of this phenomenon was when a guy brought a '71 F-100 to where I work- when I asked him what color it was, he said "I don't know"...never mind that he had just driven the thing and (one assumes) should have been able to tell me the color of the hood if nothing else. As I had seen a red F-100 earlier in the day, I asked him if it was red, to which he replied "No, it's not red", so I just wrote in "Not Red" under "color".
Wouldn't you know it, ten minutes later a tech comes up to me and asks "What is this 'Not Red' in the description on this F-100?".
Me- "Is there a '71 F-100 parked out there?"
Tech- "Yeah..."
Me- "Is it red?"
Tech- "No, it's light blue."
Me- "If the key works, then that's the one."
(I did later explain in greater detail to the tech why "Not Red" was on his paperwork. He got a laugh out of it.)

So when some straight guys swear that they really, truly don't know what is attractive about another guy, I'm inclined to believe them.

And Seb, as for Matt Damon...well, since playing the "I saw him first" game would be pointless, I'll wrestle you for him.  Wink
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

vikkyvik

Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:16 am

Quoting Seb146 (Reply 86):
How is it that I can recall several straight men I have known over the years (including my brother, married with kids) are okay with saying "that man is good looking" but on an anonymous message board, heteros have to prove their manliness?

Read:

Quoting Vikkyvik (Reply 72):

and then consider who here is being closed-minded. Not only do I not have to prove my manliness, I also don't have to prove that I really don't have a clue what makes a guy attractive. If you don't want to take me on my word, then that's your problem.

Quoting TSS (Reply 88):

So when some straight guys swear that they really, truly don't know what is attractive about another guy, I'm inclined to believe them.

Thank you.

To take a rather popular example, many women I've met think Brad Pitt is attractive. I don't really see anything special about him. Maybe I'm just not seeing whatever quality it is that he has, though.

CastleIsland

Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:14 am

I've personally had a tag-team fantasy involving Richard Simmons and Charles Manson.  tongue 
"People don't do what they believe in, they just do what's most convenient, then they repent." - Dylan

seb146

Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:53 pm

Quoting Vikkyvik (Reply 89):
I also don't have to prove that I really don't have a clue what makes a guy attractive. If you don't want to take me on my word, then that's your problem.

Could it be that as part of the male hetero upbringing, the looks of another man is not on their mind? For example, women and gay men are told they have a certain look to achieve. Hetero men, however, are not told they have to look any particular way and that looks are not that important. So, diet, excersise (to some extent) and wardrobe are not things to obsess over. Therefore, hetero men (for the most part) are clueless as to another man's looks.

Quoting Vikkyvik (Reply 89):
To take a rather popular example, many women I've met think Brad Pitt is attractive. I don't really see anything special about him. Maybe I'm just not seeing whatever quality it is that he has, though.

Trust me, as a gay man, I am told he is the hottest of the hot. I don't see it either. But, not everyone sees why my "hot list" of guys includes Morgan Freeman and John C McGinly.

Quoting Banco (Reply 87):
You need to think deeply and carefully about the implication of what you have said.

Since I first checked into this thread, I have been thinking about the male hetero brain, but I have been thinking about it the wrong way. I do owe you an apology. I did not mean any offence by anything I have said. I have been trying to understand. I hope this post helps us all.

Quoting TSS (Reply 88):
And Seb, as for Matt Damon...well, since playing the "I saw him first" game would be pointless, I'll wrestle you for him.

HA! Mr. Matt and I will be on a beach in Fiji before you ever knew what hit you Big grin

Banco

Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:19 pm

Quoting Seb146 (Reply 91):
Since I first checked into this thread, I have been thinking about the male hetero brain, but I have been thinking about it the wrong way. I do owe you an apology. I did not mean any offence by anything I have said. I have been trying to understand. I hope this post helps us all.

Good stuff, mate. Pax.  Wink