Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

airlinelover
Topic Author

Osama Bin Laden To Address USA On 9-11

Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:13 am

It's apparently breaking news on CNN, nothing much out yet..

Any idea what the nutcase will say this time around?
Lets do some sexy math. We add you, subtract your clothes, divide your legs and multiply

Springbok747

RE: Osama Bin Laden To Address USA On 9-11

Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:18 am

Shit...isn't he tired of saying the same crap over and over again?
אני תומך בישראל

Tom in NO

Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:21 am

Put it this way.....I won't be setting my alarm...or the VCR...or the DVR, etc...or even channel surfing over to FoxNews, CNN, etc...to hear anything this idiot has to say.

Tom at MSY
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

Dufo

Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:30 am

He is like Santa..everyone loves to hear stories about him and yet he is a myth.
I seriously think I just creamed my pants without any influence from any outside variables.

NWA742

Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:31 am

Unless he plans to address us via putting a gun in his mouth and pulling the trigger in his tape, I don't care.

-NWA742
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

LAXspotter

Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:37 am

Quoting Dufo (Reply 4):
He is like Santa..everyone loves to hear stories about him and yet he is a myth.

LOL, best description
"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" Samuel Johnson

MDorBust

Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:40 am

Who wants to bet that this new 9/11 address doesn't contain recent video of Bin Laden?... unless.. It's Zombie Bin Laden. In which case I had better get the SHTF kit together. You can't ever be too prepared for the day when the zombie hordes come. Remember, cut off the head or destroy the brain. Nothing else will do to stop a zombie.
"I KICKED BURNING TERRORIST SO HARD IN BALLS THAT I TORE A TENDON" - Alex McIlveen

huskyaviation

Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:58 am

Where is this footage/tape going to come from? His own personal media outlet, Al-Jazeera?

The f**ker can go shove a Daisy Cutter up his a**.

LTU932

Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:09 am

I could care less what Osama Bin Laden has to say. After all, all he'll do is basically repeat the same shit over and over again. All the time, he rants about the US and its allies and predicts their destruction, yet here we are, still standing strong.

Why doesn't he do us a favour and turn himself and his cronies in?

[Edited 2007-09-07 01:10:17]
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

qr332

Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:16 am

Quoting HuskyAviation (Reply 8):
His own personal media outlet, Al-Jazeera?

rotfl 

Are we thinking of the same Al Jazeera here? I love how Americans always jump to conclusions about a station that they can't understand in Arabic and can't get in English.
"The greatest threat to knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

yowza

Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:43 am

Quoting HuskyAviation (Reply 8):

Like you know the first thing about Al-Jazeera  Yeah sure How about thinking for yourself for once rather than just echoing something you heard elsewhere.

YOWza

LAXspotter

Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:04 am

Quoting QR332 (Reply 10):
Are we thinking of the same Al Jazeera here? I love how Americans always jump to conclusions about a station that they can't understand in Arabic and can't get in English.

Well said, and although it is now available in English now, very few of us realize thats its actually a news source that provides the other side of the story that Fox, may not provide.

Mir

Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:25 am

Quoting Palladium (Reply 11):
if we all can declare ultimatum to NUKE all regions in the world that are the base of islamic terrorist, that'll be awesome.

Umm, no.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

LAXspotter

Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:42 am

Quoting Mir (Reply 15):
Umm, no.

-Mir

precisely, bombing the hell out of Terrorist Areas, will only kill tonnes of Civilians, that will be the worst thing to do, and this false belief that killing Osama or any terrorist leader will stop terrorism, is a myth.

pbottenb

Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:47 am

Quoting YOWza (Reply 12):
Like you know the first thing about Al-Jazeera How about thinking for yourself for once rather than just echoing something you heard elsewhere.

YOWza

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 13):
Well said, and although it is now available in English now, very few of us realize thats its actually a news source that provides the other side of the story that Fox, may not provide.

Yeah, right...like this interview...very balanced (insert sarcasm here):

http://www.memritv.org/clip/en/1408.htm

Here is a bit of the transcript:
Following are excerpts from an interview with Lebanese Sunni Cleric Fathi Yakan, which aired on Al-Jazeera TV on March 16, 2007:

Fathi Yakan: There is no doubt that Sheik Osama bin Laden has a high level of faithfulness, trustworthiness, and transparency. He is faithful to his religion and to Jihad for the elevation of the word of Allah. Unfortunately, there have been many rumors that he is an American creation, and that all that is happening is the result of scenarios concocted by him and America, especially following the Russians withdrawal from Afghanistan. There were claims that these people were biased towards the Americans, and that America toyed with them, and so on. I believe this is all nonsense, and that this is totally untrue. This man has a pure, honest and believing personality. He defends all that belongs to Islam and who renounces anything that is not Islamic, and therefore, he is a man after my own heart.

Interviewer: You met him once, didn't you?

Fathi Yakan: It may have been more than once, because whenever I go to Saudi Arabia, I am invited to meetings and to deliver talks, just like many other preachers and scholars from Egypt and elsewhere. So I may have met him more than once.

From what I know of the man, he is very sincere in what he calls for. I could almost say that I would not regard anyone else the same way I regard Osama bin Laden with respect to Al-Qaeda. Every person has his own characteristics, of course. I once wrote to Abu Mus'ab Al-Zarqawi, [warning him]: "Oh Abu Mus'ab Al-Zarqawi, fear Allah in the way you behave." I said this should be determined by Islamic law. I even wrote to the Al-Qaeda leadership, saying neither Abu Mus'ab Al-Zarqawi nor anyone else should be left to act on their own accord, because of the fate of Islam...

The interviewer did not challenge this asshat about the 1000+ innocent victims. He simply provided a forum for this dickhead to spew his hatred. Not at all balanced.

I love how Americans always jump to conclusions about a station that they can't understand in Arabic and can't get in English.

I love how you make stupid asusmptions about Americans...get a life

LAXspotter

Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:53 am

Quoting Pbottenb (Reply 17):
Yeah, right...like this interview...very balanced (insert sarcasm here):

I'm sure FOX shows the "true" side of the story as well, as I said it was a different perspective, and thats what news agencies should provide.

Quoting Pbottenb (Reply 17):
I love how you make stupid asusmptions about Americans...get a life

similar to how Americans dont know anything about the middle-east/muslims/Arabs/Persians, and mix up all four and come up with one word "Terrorist" and the fact of the matter is most Americans dont know Arabic so he is absolutely right, Americans judge this station by simply catching a few glimpses of Al-Jazeera.

TheCol

Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:03 pm

Well, I've had the opportunity to have it translated the last time I was in the West Bank. The news casts I watched didn't seem to focus on anything else but the "martyr" news. Talk about verity.  Yeah sure

Yes, and we all know how much you love Americans.

Quoting YOWza (Reply 12):

Have you even seen the Arabic version?

Quoting N174UA (Reply 14):

Now thats a good idea!  bigthumbsup 

Why not get rich and piss the old buzzard off in the process?
No matter how random things may appear, there's always a plan.

pbottenb

Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:09 pm

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 18):
similar to how Americans dont know anything about the middle-east/muslims/Arabs/Persians, and mix up all four and come up with one word "Terrorist" and the fact of the matter is most Americans dont know Arabic so he is absolutely right, Americans judge this station by simply catching a few glimpses of Al-Jazeera.

Nice try, but not even close. Here is the link to the FBI's web site of the most wanted terrorists; http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/terrorists/fugitives.htm

I think that the FBI pretty much speaks for all Americans on what/who constitutes a terrorist. Nowhere on this site will find a general description of a terrorist that includes the words "middle-east/muslims/Arabs/Persians" Although, you might find it interesting that a majority of these jerks are from the region that you are referring to...but I'm sure that you will find some way to blame America for that as well.... BTW...here is an interesting terrorist from the list:

Adam Pearlman AKA ADAM YAHIYE GADAHN
Date of Birth Used: September 1, 1978 Hair: Brown
Place of Birth: United States Eyes: Hazel
Height: 5'11" Sex: Male
Weight: 210 pounds Complexion: Light
Build: Medium Citizenship: United States
Languages: Arabic, English
Scars and Marks: Gadahn has scars on his chest and right forearm.
Remarks: None

This guy is a piece of work...He was born right up the road from you in Riverside County, yet he elected to plot for the downfall of our country...I think that we can both agree that he is a terrorist.....funny that he changed is name to an Arab one though...why do you think that is? More American ignorance perhaps?

yowza

Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:10 pm

Quoting TheCol (Reply 19):

Have you even seen the Arabic version?

Yes I have. What's your point?

YOWza

LAXspotter

Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:12 pm

Quoting Pbottenb (Reply 20):
Adam Pearlman AKA ADAM YAHIYE GADAHN
Date of Birth Used: September 1, 1978 Hair: Brown
Place of Birth: United States Eyes: Hazel
Height: 5'11" Sex: Male
Weight: 210 pounds Complexion: Light
Build: Medium Citizenship: United States
Languages: Arabic, English
Scars and Marks: Gadahn has scars on his chest and right forearm.
Remarks: None

yes, Ive seen this guy on the news

Quoting Pbottenb (Reply 20):
funny that he changed is name to an Arab one though...why do you think that is?

he converted to Islam, thats why

I Love America, thats why I live here, but I am going to be frank and say that Ive met my fair share of ignorant Americans, and this country has far more people who are clueless about the rest of the world than other countries in Europe and Asia. Quite sad, because we have all the resources for people to run, but people impose something referred by my history professor as self-imposed ignorance.

pbottenb

Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:32 pm

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 22):
Love America, thats why I live here,

Glad to here it...have you lived elsewhere?

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 22):
and this country has far more people who are clueless about the rest of the world than other countries in Europe and Asia

What is your sample size? Have you been to Europe and Asia?

This may not make sense, but I grew up in Southern California, and because of that I was friends with alot of kids from other countries, Persians who fled the Islamic revolution, South Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese, Brits, Germans, you name it, they were in my schools. And many of them were very smart. It was much later in life that I realised that these kids were the children of the elites of these societies. The children of people who were educated and who could afford to come to the US. I got a real shock when when I traveled internationally as a professional and I had the opportunity to meet average people from many of these countries. I expected all the people that I met to be as smart and as educated as the ones that I grew up with...not a chance. Most were only average and knew only what they read in the local papers. Not much different than your average Joe Six Pack American.

So I guess what I am saying is that based on your profile I doubt that you know much about how much the average Chinese person living on a farm in the szechuan province knows about the rest of the world...

[Edited 2007-09-07 05:33:04]

ltbewr

Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:34 pm

I wish they could figure out where the video is downloaded from, the servers it was put on and then the USA could bomb those sites, anybody who had contact with it, even if it killed a few 100 innocents but hopefully the big a-hole himself. This pig should get the most obscene torture one could consider for the attacks of 9/11 he encouraged.

Jalto27R

Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:34 pm

I love how a topic about a man who has killed thousands of innocent civilians of all nationalities from his religious pulpit can turn into an American bash fest. It is ridiculous. Can anyone stay on topic? I know some of you may want to wish him away, but he is no tooth fairy. We hear of major terror busts such as the recent German ones, etc, but no one really hears about the local ones. And from my EXTREMELY primitive position in the world of First Responders, I have heard quite a few that I would never have otherwise known about. All this has nothing to do with the ignorance of Americans, or..Al Jazerra and Fox. Please. To most, this man, and the polarizing effect the general population has taken towards organizations like his, won't become apparent 'till he proves his point again. It shouldn't take a vote-hungry politician screaming it in our ears to realize the possibility is there, and easy to take.

LAXspotter

Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:40 pm

Quoting Pbottenb (Reply 23):
Glad to here it...have you lived elsewhere?

Yeah, India for about 10 years, and it sucked

So I guess what I am saying is that based on your profile I doubt that you know much about how much the average Chinese person living on a farm in the szechuan province knows about the rest of the world...

No youre right, but Im not arguing exactly for that, Im saying that most ameicans have access to this information to learn about other things, but they put themselves in self-imposed ignorance, and most americans are far better off in the ability to gain some knowledge than the average chinese farmer in Qingdao, Szechuan or Kunming, lol.

This may not make sense, but I grew up in Southern California, and because of that I was friends with alot of kids from other countries, Persians who fled the Islamic revolution, South Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese, Brits, Germans, you name it, they were in my schools. And many of them were very smart. It was much later in life that I realised that these kids were the children of the elites of these societies. The children of people who were educated and who could afford to come to the US. I got a real shock when when I traveled internationally as a professional and I had the opportunity to meet average people from many of these countries

Youre right, most of the Asian immigrants who come here are from educated backgrounds and hence they have a higher standard of living than the average joe, conversely most hispanic immigrants to this country are of the labor type and hence have a lower standard of living than the average joe, however there are wealthy hispanics in their respective countries that are better off staying put where they are.

Mike89406

Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:41 pm

If anyone has spent some time in the middle east they would know that there are a lot of nice people over there. I've been to Dubai, UAE a number of times, and Manama, Bahrain. Not all are Arabic there are christians living there also a lot of Brits in business making a killing., Aussies, Malaysians, and Fillipinos, Indians etc...

Anyways My point is there are good Muslims and bad ones

If you want to learn about the difference between Muslims and terrorist read the book "The Crisis Of Islam" by Bernard Lewis. We had to read it in College for a history class in Embry-Riddle it outlines the history from the age of Caliphs (The Prophet Muhammad) to modern day Jihaads, newer generation Muslims, and older generations.

Osama Ben Laden is just an extreme version of Jihaad and doesn't represent the Islams as a whole in my opinion.

Mir

Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:29 pm

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 23):
I wish they could figure out where the video is downloaded from, the servers it was put on and then the USA could bomb those sites, anybody who had contact with it, even if it killed a few 100 innocents but hopefully the big a-hole himself.

Again, no. If you're going to kill hundreds of innocent civilians, you'd better damn well be sure that you're going to get him (100%, no room for error). And even then the legitimacy of such an attack is iffy. You don't bomb television stations on the idea that bin Laden or one of his followers might be there. Most likely they won't be, and then you have a massacre of your own creation on your hands. Finding him is a job for the special forces (who I'm sure would be looking into the chain that led from the broadcast back to bin Laden), not random bombings of places where there's a chance that he might be.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

dragon-wings

Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:41 pm

Does anyone think we are actually looking for Bin Laden? On CNN they were say that the CIA uses these tapes to determine Osama's health, where it is a message to attack, and to help find him. Now how many of these tapes were made before and after 9/11? And look how fast we found Saddam and that other guy in Iraq (I forget the guys name).
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

LAXspotter

Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:56 pm

Quoting Mike89406 (Reply 26):
The Crisis Of Islam" by Bernard Lewis. We had to read it in College for a history class in Embry-Riddle it outlines the history from the age of Caliphs (The Prophet Muhammad) to modern day Jihaads, newer generation Muslims, and older generations.

Lewis is one of the greatest historians on the Middle East and Islam. Always an interesting read

Quoting Mike89406 (Reply 26):
Osama Ben Laden is just an extreme version of Jihaad and doesn't represent the Islams as a whole in my opinion.

Thankyou so much for knowing that, now if most people knew that, i would be more content.

gunsontheroof

Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:24 pm

Quoting HuskyAviation (Reply 7):

Because FOX, CNN, ABC, NBC, BBC, MSNBC, etc., will not be broadcasting it. Only Al-Jazeera and their Jihadist reporters.  sarcastic 

You'll note that Al-Jazeera's website has a superb English language version. I'll take it over the U.S. sites for perspectives on that part of the world any day.

Quoting Palladium (Reply 10):
if we all can declare ultimatum to NUKE all regions in the world that are the base of islamic terrorist, that'll be awesome.

You are insane.

Quoting Dragon-wings (Reply 28):
On CNN they were say that the CIA uses these tapes to determine Osama's health, where it is a message to attack, and to help find him.

I've also read that they bring in geologists to analyze any rock formations visible for clues as to his whereabouts, and in one case, ornithologists to listen to what sounded like a bird calling in the background for the same reason. They're definitely "looking" for him, they just don't have the resources to carry out the full-scale search anymore. Contracting out the ground work to local fighters in 2001 wasn't exactly the smartest way to go about business.
Picked a hell of a week to quit sniffing glue.

LAXspotter

Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:38 pm

Quoting Gunsontheroof (Reply 30):
You are insane.

he's in Indonesia, he's first, LOL.

You'll note that Al-Jazeera's website has a superb English language version. I'll take it over the U.S. sites for perspectives on that part of the world any day.

Yes, Yes, Yes

flanker

Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:41 pm

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 8):
I could care less what Osama Bin Laden has to say. After all, all he'll do is basically repeat the same shit over and over again. All the time, he rants about the US and its allies and predicts their destruction, yet here we are, still standing strong.

Why doesn't he do us a favour and turn himself and his cronies in?

Couldn't have said it better myself.

AirPacific747

Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:33 pm

Quoting QR332 (Reply 9):
can't get in English.

Except you can... and it's a crappy news channel.. I'm sticking with BBC World!

trekster

Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:36 pm

Quoting QR332 (Reply 9):

You can, and a well respected BBC journo now works for them. Its meant to be quiet a good channel now. Still wont watch it
Where does the time go???

HAWK21M

Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:12 pm

Is OBL still around.
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

EA CO AS

Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:19 pm

Contracting out the ground work to local fighters in 2001 wasn't exactly the smartest way to go about business.

And yet thanks to using local fighters in conjunction with the U.S. military, they came so close to finding him that at one point the al Qaeda lookout was moments from calling out the codeword to kill bin Laden so he would be 'martyred' instead of being taken captive.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

aloges

Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:39 pm

Ahem...  angel 

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

gunsontheroof

Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:42 pm

Quoting EA CO AS (Reply 36):

And yet thanks to using local fighters in conjunction with the U.S. military, they came so close to finding him that at one point the al Qaeda lookout was moments from calling out the codeword to kill bin Laden so he would be 'martyred' instead of being taken captive.

Every report I've ever read about this involved U.S. soldiers and not local fighters. This suggests either a reporter getting their facts wrong somewhere or that this is a story that sounds so good it never happened and has been turned into a game of telephone. I don't remember...was this based on intercepted radio transmissions?

My point about foreign fighters doing the job stems more from my view that getting bin Laden was never of the highest priority to the Bush administration. They didn't see them courting opposition groups in Iraq prior to the invasion of that country...if they want something done and done right, they send their own boots in. I know there's no love lost between Afghan opposition groups and the Taliban, but the fact that this hunt was largely left to them is pretty strange to me, especially given how much political capital would have been gained had J. Coffer Black gotten that head in a box he wanted so bad.

But I suppose once you catch Osama bin Laden, people have the justice they sought and it's a lot harder to sell an invasion of Iraq...
Picked a hell of a week to quit sniffing glue.

Kay

Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:47 pm

Osama hasn't been answering his pokes on facebook though..

NoUFO

Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:21 pm

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 5):
Quoting Dufo (Reply 4):

LOL, best description

And kind of a problem, because it's true. OBL should not have been turned into a myth.
Try catching a myth.
I support the right to arm bears

ME AVN FAN

Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:31 pm

Quoting HuskyAviation (Reply 7):

you are just jumping to unproven conclusions ! al-Jazeera has nothing to do with elQaeda. But they can use ANY media station. They in the past also used el-Nahar in London.
-

Quoting QR332 (Reply 9):
can't get in English.

everybody can get the English language WEBsite of them http://english.aljazeera.net/English with some good and objective news reports
-

Quoting AirPacific747 (Reply 33):
it's a crappy news channel.

it is not crappy, but on the same level as the BBC, where most of those who started it actually came from

lewis

Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:05 pm

Quoting Palladium (Reply 10):

What a great idea!  Yeah sure Let's start with Indonesia!

Kay

Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:10 pm

Quoting Lewis (Reply 42):
What a great idea! Let's start with Indonesia!

LO-f*ckn-L!!!!!

Kay

JetJock22

Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:13 pm

Quoting NWA742 (Reply 4):
Unless he plans to address us via putting a gun in his mouth and pulling the trigger

I'd watch it

yowza

Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:30 pm

Quoting Kay (Reply 39):
Osama hasn't been answering his pokes on facebook though..

hahaha priceless.

I just realized that I will be too busy on 9/11 deciding whether to buy 50 Cents new album or Kanye's. Shameless PR whores...

YOWza

B747forever

Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:31 pm

Quoting Dufo (Reply 3):

Agree 100%
Work Hard, Fly Right

808TWA

Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:52 pm

Quoting HAWK21M (Reply 35):
Is OBL still around.
regds
MEL

My question would be "Why is he still around?".

The supposed "War On Terror" and the thousands of dead innocents lost and families ruined all over the world and yet for the life of me I cannot understand why Osama has never been found and brought to justice. I guess it all comes down to the armed forces showing their might in the wrong country (Iraq) and bringing down the guy who was never involved with the 9/11 attacks (Sadam).

Maybe it's time to take the Bin Laden family hostage until Osama is brought out of hiding? A little taste of his own medicine?

Another anniversary of the 9/11 attacks will pass, tears will be shed and loved ones remembered....but Osama is still roaming our planet! .....Sad from all perspectives.
Love is in the air, so practice safe flying

TheCol

Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:46 am

Quoting YOWza (Reply 20):
Yes I have. What's your point?

Just curious. Do you speak Arabic, or did you have to have it translated?
No matter how random things may appear, there's always a plan.

LAXspotter

Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:51 am

Quoting 808TWA (Reply 47):
The supposed "War On Terror" and the thousands of dead innocents lost and families ruined all over the world and yet for the life of me I cannot understand why Osama has never been found and brought to justice. I guess it all comes down to the armed forces showing their might in the wrong country (Iraq) and bringing down the guy who was never involved with the 9/11 attacks (Sadam).

True

Maybe it's time to take the Bin Laden family hostage until Osama is brought out of hiding? A little taste of his own medicine?

Wouldnt be the best Idea, most of his family cut ties with him, and imagine yourself committing a crime and then your fmaily being held for the crime you committed, not the best thing to do.

huskyaviation

Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:29 am

Because FOX, CNN, ABC, NBC, BBC, MSNBC, etc., will not be broadcasting it. Only Al-Jazeera and their Jihadist reporters.

I didn't say that--I was saying that previous Al Qaeda videos have been received and broadcast by Al Jazeera first. leading one to wonder where they are getting these tapes from.

Don't give me the BS that the Al Jazeera is "objective" whereas nobody else is. That's crap. Even Fatah leaders have complained that Al Jazeera slants heavily towards militant groups, in particular Hamas (who refuse to negotiate with Israel and call for their destruction). They continually terrorist sympathizers an air of legitimacy by presenting their point of view as if it is on par with governments and leaders.

ltbewr

Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:19 am

I have heard reports of the translated transcript of this tape. I think what is sad is this perputulate the myth of influence of this obscene person. He rambles on about all kind of stupidity, makes statements that are racist, anti-western, anti-capitalist, anti-Jewish/Israel, and just really for consumption to those so weak of mind to fall for him - much like the Germans who initialy became involved with Nazism. To me this is nothing but obscene propoganda, much like that of Hitler and his associates. To me, we should ignore his statements, and not give him any attention but for possible clues.