Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

AirframeAS

RE: Girl At Work Related Question..Please He;p.

Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:52 am

Quoting Ps76 (Reply 48):
You become good friends with this girl, always hoping for something more. She begins to break up with her boyfriend. You are still friends. They break up. You start seeing her on her own and both spend lots of time together, but one night you go out and get drunk and some frat asshole starts hitting on her and she goes home with him for the night. And then the next morning she phones you up and still wants to be friends.

The classic 'rebound' before hooking up with someone else.

Quoting Ps76 (Reply 48):
This is the kinda shit that women pull!

It happens all the damn time. One rule I always follow nowadays: NEVER, EVER be the rebound guy...EVER!!!!!!!!!!
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

kmh1956

Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:07 pm

Quoting Ps76 (Reply 48):
This is the kinda shit that women pull!

That's one hell of a generalization you've got going there, Sparky. We don't ALL do that at all......at least I don't. But then again, drunk frat boys were never my cup of tea anyway......
'Somebody tell me why I'm on my own if there's a soulmate for everyone' :Natasha Bedingfield

cumulus

Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:22 pm

Get her drunk and take her to bed............... Big grin
What Goes Up Must Come Down, Hopefully In One Piece!

AirframeAS

Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:47 pm

Quoting Cumulus (Reply 52):
Get her drunk and take her to bed...............  biggrin 

One flaw with that is that today's women are alot smarter. It's not that easy anymore.

ac888yow

Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:01 pm

Notwithstanding my CLM advise above, you could consider doing some 'community service'.

If she's bored of her current boyfriend, is looking to end it and go after some mindless rebound action, and you're in a position to provide it ... happy times.

[Edited 2007-10-31 13:04:45]

Zkpilot

Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:15 am

Big version: Width: 392 Height: 46 File size: 10kb
This Thread Is Worthless Without Pics

Sounds like shes bored with her b/f or just really likes you and could drop him/pick you up. Just be careful about being the rebound and don't get to serious to quick...
Remember if she cheats on her b/f with you, whats to stop her cheating on you in future with someone else?
64 types. 45 countries. 24 airlines.

kmh1956

Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:36 am

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 53):
One flaw with that is that today's women are alot smarter.

Intelligence is a flaw?
'Somebody tell me why I'm on my own if there's a soulmate for everyone' :Natasha Bedingfield

AirframeAS

Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:24 pm

Quoting Kmh1956 (Reply 56):
Intelligence is a flaw?

No, it isn't. What I meant was that getting any girl in your bed in this day and age is virtually impossible, even when she is drunk.,

767Lover

Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:01 pm

I see a pattern on this forum: Guys are either hopelessly in love with a girl who is a "best friend" or a girl who already has a boyfriend.

Why not be a man, and go out and find someone unattached with no baggage?

Anyway, regarding this particular case: It could very well be that this is like a game to her, in that she enjoys the attention she is getting from you, a male. For many people, flirting is like a drug--and they never intend to take it any further.

Focus your attention on other women, or continue to be frustrated.

cumulus

Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:51 pm

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 53):
One flaw with that is that today's women are alot smarter. It's not that easy anymore.

Rubbish!!! Never fails.......

kmh1956

Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:12 pm

Quoting Cumulus (Reply 59):

Oh, dear Lord.....you actually believe this? There's an old Latin phrase "In vino veritas"..."In wine, truth"...I take this to mean that if she's going to get into bed with you sober then she'll do it drunk too. If she's not going to get into bed with you sober, then forget getting her drunk...she ain't gonna!

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 57):
What I meant was that getting any girl in your bed in this day and age is virtually impossible, even when she is drunk.,

So....self-respect is a flaw, then.

jafa39

Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:24 am

Quoting Kmh1956 (Reply 60):

Oh, dear Lord.....you actually believe this? There's an old Latin phrase "In vino veritas"..."In wine, truth"...I take this to mean that if she's going to get into bed with you sober then she'll do it drunk too. If she's not going to get into bed with you sober, then forget getting her drunk...she ain't gonna!

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 57):
What I meant was that getting any girl in your bed in this day and age is virtually impossible, even when she is drunk.,

KIDS!!! What are they like? Whatever happened to the bits in between "seeing" and "doing"????  Wink

One of The Hormones boyfs got most upset when she wouldn't sleep with him on the 2nd date....he is an ex-boyf now....
We, the undersigned, do hereby consent.....

NorthstarBoy

Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:14 am

one piece of advice i was given aeons ago when i came into the workforce, never dip your pen in company ink. Be friends with her, enjoy her company when you see her, but don't get romantically involved because if you do, and it goes bad, and you ever end up having to work in the same office, i'll be like dante's ninth hell at work, and matter of factly, companies, who are keenly aware of the pitfalls of dating coworkers often either prohibit it or strongly discourage it, especially if one of you is in a supverisory position.
Yes, I'd like to see airbus go under so Boeing can have their customers!

AirframeAS

Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:55 am

You're out of touch with reality, dude, I'm serious. This, speaking from experience.

Compare getting a girl in your bed 10 years ago vs. getting a girl in your bed in this day and age. With rape crimes on the rise, I don't think so, dude. Women ARE smarter now. And more educated & very much more aware. Times have changed and so have women.

I never said that. The flaw is that men don't see how difficult it is to get a woman into their beds after/during the first date. Times have changed in the last 10 years as I have stated above.

Quoting Jafa39 (Reply 61):
One of The Hormones boyfs got most upset when she wouldn't sleep with him on the 2nd date....he is an ex-boyf now....

They probably were never an item to begin with anyway.

jafa39

Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:06 am

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 63):
They probably were never an item to begin with anyway.

She liked him well enough but boys want different things from girls and when they meet one that wants what they want they either wet their pants and run home crying or screw them and call them a slut afterwards.....not really a win-win situation eh bro?  Wink
We, the undersigned, do hereby consent.....

AirframeAS

Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:37 am

Quoting Jafa39 (Reply 64):

Its not even a win-win situation at all, I agree with you. Women do NOT want crybabies or beggars, trust me on this. Its a major turn off. If a woman says no, accept it and move on. That's all you can do. It's very, very easy to turn off women.

cumulus

Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:05 am

Well if the objective is to get her kit off, it works a treat!! If I was after romance I of course wouldn't. It has worked for centuries!!!