ba757

RE: F1: Off Season Thread

Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:12 pm

Quoting Legoguy (Reply 44):
They have Raikkonen who is pretty much in top form and likely to win the championship next year,

Do you have a crystal ball or something? How on earth can you say that at this stage? Yes likely he will be a contender for the championship, but he is by all account's a shite development driver (ala Mclaren's situation over the last few seasons). Given he will have had a fair say in the development of next years Ferrari, how do we know it will be good... fast or whatever?

B747forever
Topic Author

Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:19 pm

Quoting BA757 (Reply 50):
Do you have a crystal ball or something?

No he doesn't have any crystal ball or something. He just guess. As everyone guess that Hamilton will win the WDC next year.

Another thing BA757, why is your signature. Vodafone Mclaren Mercedes - F1 Constructors Champions 2007???
Work Hard, Fly Right

Boeing74741R

Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:34 pm

Quoting B747forever (Reply 51):

Another thing BA757, why is your signature. Vodafone Mclaren Mercedes - F1 Constructors Champions 2007???

I think it's something to do with him not recognising the fact that McLaren were thrown out of the 2007 F1 Constructors championship over spygate, and Ferrari are the actual champs.

B747forever
Topic Author

Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:36 pm

Quoting Boeing74741R (Reply 52):
think it's something to do with him not recognising the fact that McLaren were thrown out of the 2007 F1 Constructors championship over spygate, and Ferrari are the actual champs.

That has to be the right answer.

But sorry BA757, Ferrari is the winner this year. Better luck next year.
Work Hard, Fly Right

legoguy

Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:26 pm

Quoting BA757 (Reply 50):
Do you have a crystal ball or something? How on earth can you say that at this stage? Yes likely he will be a contender for the championship, but he is by all account's a shite development driver (ala Mclaren's situation over the last few seasons). Given he will have had a fair say in the development of next years Ferrari, how do we know it will be good... fast or whatever?

I wish I did have a magical ball, but alas, I am just speculating. Kimi dominated the later of of 2007 and I do not believe Hamilton will have learnt from his mistakes made at the end of this season. Kimi is definately a shite developer but now that the car has been built around him, he is extremely fast and more reliable.
Can you say 'Beer Can' without sounding like a Jamaican saying 'Bacon'?

Stealthz

Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:31 pm

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 47):
Gold Coast, which also has a street circuit, would most likely replace Melbourne.

A return to Adelaide would be awesome but Queensland would be OK but it would not be on tthe Gold Coast street circuit, the current proposal is for a purpose built complex between the Gold Coast and Brisbane. IMHO that won't happen, encroaching residential development will likely kill the idea before the first earth is moved.

Quoting B747forever (Reply 53):

my 2 cents.. Ferrari was Awarded the championship in 2007, there is in my mind a difference between that and winning it!

Cheers
If your camera sends text messages, that could explain why your photos are rubbish!

moo

Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:37 pm

Most people do not consider Ferrari the winners of the Constructors Championship simply because they did not win it on merit - they were awarded it by default because McLaren were firstly docked points at Hungary, and then stripped of all their points.

Neither of those events have anything to do with Ferrari being the superior constructor, and that is why you will see tag lines like BA757's.

Ferrari did not win the Constructors Championship on the race track, they won it because McLaren lost it off the race track.

bill142

Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:14 pm

Quoting B747forever (Reply 25):

Cant say it is so good news for McLaren.

It probably is good news for them as there will, hopefully, be some stability in the team.

Quoting Emrecan (Reply 26):

Hamilton is the biggest nominee for next year's title.

I don't think so. Once again it's open. McLaren won't have Alonsos input, they're going to have the FIA watching them like hawks and Hamilton is going to have the pressure of being the lead driver in terms of pushing the development.

Quoting Sudden (Reply 30):
I for one dare to say that Hamilton will not have as great of a season that he just had.

He won't. McLaren won't.

Quoting B747forever (Reply 37):

maybe not, Todt son can take over the team.

No way. Why would he? Nicholas Todt is nothing more the a driver manager. It's just like saying Wili Weber would have taken over during Schumachers reign. Nicholas Todt is not a Ferrari employee and I highly doubt there is enough Fiat stock owned between the Todts to sway the board.

But sorry BA757, Ferrari is the winner this year. Better luck next year

Whatever you say, McLaren are the winners.

swiftski

Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:19 pm

How is Singapore going to work? Floodlights or lights on the cars?

LTU932

Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:27 pm

Quoting StealthZ (Reply 55):
my 2 cents.. Ferrari was Awarded the championship in 2007, there is in my mind a difference between that and winning it!

Not to mention that had McLaren not been disqualified, Ferrari would have won the WCC by points anyway. In the end, Ferrari proved to the world that they deserved the title, with or without McLaren behind them.
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

jamesbuk

Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:41 pm

Quoting Swiftski (Reply 58):
Floodlights

Lights on the cars would consume too much weight and would be unaerodynamic + fans can see better with huge floodlights, really its going to be like a night time football game.

rgds --James--
You cant have your cake and eat it... What the hells the point in having it then!!!

Stealthz

Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:49 pm

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 59):
Not to mention that had McLaren not been disqualified, Ferrari would have won the WCC by points anyway.

You think?
Total WCC points achieved by McLaren was greater than Ferrari if you include Hungary which would have been appealed and possibly won.

However you spin it Ferrai did NOT win on the track.
Even if McLaren had retained their WCC points AND lost the Hungary appeal Ferrari would have been awarded the championship based on events they had absolutely nothing to do with.

Cheers
If your camera sends text messages, that could explain why your photos are rubbish!

swiftski

Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:52 pm

Quoting Jamesbuk (Reply 60):
Lights on the cars would consume too much weight and would be unaerodynamic + fans can see better with huge floodlights, really its going to be like a night time football game.

See as a formula 1 fan i hope it is fantastic, as it has the potential, im just worried about little things; complains that "an area" of the track "wasnt lit well enough" and "cos us the championship" or something.

as i say though, potentially a stunning, stunning spectacle.

Springbok747

Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:08 am

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 47):
I'd love to see Adelaide make an F1 comeback, but if Melbourne is out, Gold Coast, which also has a street circuit, would most likely replace Melbourne.

Yeah would love to see F1 back here, but it won't happen. It'll most likely go to the Gold Coast after 2010. I can't see our government shelling out millions of $$ on something like this.

Quoting StealthZ (Reply 61):
However you spin it Ferrai did NOT win on the track.

Maybe, but they're the champs..accept it  Wink

Forza Ferrari Big grin
אני תומך בישראל

BlueElephant

Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:16 am

Guys...I think i'm finally figuring out whether Alonso and Hamilton...was better....

This Video Helps me clear it up...

Enjoy  Smile

OHLHD

Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:17 am

OK, I will predict a back to back from Kimi Big grin

It will be interesting to see where Alonso will be next season. Renault is the most likely candidate I thing.  Smile

Springbok747

Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:34 am

Quoting OHLHD (Reply 65):
It will be interesting to see where Alonso will be next season.

Most likely place he will end up would be Renault. But he may go for Red Bull for a season, before heading to Ferrari. I really cant see a Kimi/Alonso combination at Ferrari. It will be a potent, but extremely hard-to-manage combination, if it ever happens.

What about Toyota or Honda? Toyota has heaps of money and would be willing to spend big bucks to have a former world champion.

On another note: How long can we expect Hamilton to stay with McLaren? Are we going to see another "Schumacher-Ferrari" era with Hamilton and McLaren? Also, who is going to replace Alonso at McLaren for 2008? Nico Rosberg?

Oh, and Hamilton is playing his usual 'good and morally correct self' again by saying success hasnt changed him and there are other reasons why he has decided to leave his home country. Oh please.."I'm going to leave the UK as I can't have a quiet life in England....I can't even go to the petrol station without being bothered"...ho hum...nothing to do with the tax breaks then you whinging little prick? It's called 'fame and popularity' and kinda goes hand in hand with the sport.
אני תומך בישראל

bill142

Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:38 am

Quoting Springbok747 (Reply 66):

Oh, and Hamilton is playing his usual 'good and morally correct self' again by saying success hasnt changed him and there are other reasons why he has decided to leave his home country. Oh please.."I'm going to leave the UK as I can't have a quiet life in England....I can't even go to the petrol station without being bothered"...ho hum...nothing to do with the tax breaks then you whinging little prick? It's called 'fame and popularity' and kinda goes hand in hand with the sport.

He says that as he's about to release a biography which he's going to want to sign for people. Talk about pathetic timing.

LTU932

Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:53 am

Quoting StealthZ (Reply 61):
You think?
Total WCC points achieved by McLaren was greater than Ferrari if you include Hungary which would have been appealed and possibly won.

OK, maybe I was wrong, but the fact is that in the end, Ferrari as a team was more consistent than McLaren, especially in the final two races. At least they have shown that they deserved to win, despite being awarded the title due to Spygate, even though factually they were awarded the title. Ferrari managed to lurk behind the two McLaren drivers, and it was just up to Kimi to take advantage, and up to Felipinho to help Kimi in that goal. Bottom line: it's teamwork that wins World Championships, and the team work at Ferrari was in retrospect much better than at McLaren. Hamilton, Alonso, and the whole Vodafone McLaren Mercedes team should actually be glad that this hasn't become a disaster like during the times of Senna vs Prost.

Quoting Swiftski (Reply 62):
See as a formula 1 fan i hope it is fantastic, as it has the potential, im just worried about little things; complains that "an area" of the track "wasnt lit well enough" and "cos us the championship" or something.

I hate to burst your bubble, but those nightime races are more destined for the European markets, so they can watch the races in Asia at more "acceptable" times instead of waking up at 04:00 am to watch a race they usually watch in the afternoon or early evening. They were never really intended to give F1 a new twist or to imitate Indycar and NASCAR, who have had night races for quite some time.
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

B747forever
Topic Author

Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:04 am

Quoting Springbok747 (Reply 63):
Maybe, but they're the champs..accept it

Forza Ferrari

That is what I also say. The McLaren fans cant accept this.

Toyota has heaps of money and would be willing to spend big bucks to have a former world champion.

Has said this too. If Toyota offer Alonso a really big salary, then maybe he can go for them, otherwise no.

I really cant see a Kimi/Alonso combination at Ferrari.

It will never work. Kimi/Alonso would be a disaster for Ferrari. Hope that they can see that, and not give Alonso any race seat with them.

How long can we expect Hamilton to stay with McLaren? Are we going to see another "Schumacher-Ferrari" era with Hamilton and McLaren?

I think that we can see another Schumacher-Ferrari era with Hamilton and McLaren. Dont think that Ron Dennis want his little boy to leave him.

Quoting BlueElephant (Reply 64):
This Video Helps me clear it up...

That videos is really great. They showed that video in Sweden for a long time ago.
Work Hard, Fly Right

Boeing74741R

Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:29 pm

Regarding McLaren and Ferrari, after doing a bit of number crunching and assuming that McLaren kept their points from Hungary and that they were still included in the Constructors championship, the totals would be as follows...

McLaren - 218
Ferrari - 204

So in theory, McLaren are the winners, but at the end of the day Ferrari are the champs and they thoroughly deserved to win it, whether people like it or not, and it isn't going to change!

Speaking of which if Ferrari have won the Constructors off the track then in theory, should the FIA rule in McLaren's favour in the upcoming appeal about the fuel temperatures of the cars ahead of Lewis Hamilton in the Brazilian Grand Prix, Lewis Hamilton would become champion off the track as well. So any McLaren/Hamilton fan who whinge about Ferrari winning the Constructors ought to shut up because if this turns out to be the case they won't whinge about that!

If you ask me, I can see the FIA throwing out McLaren's appeal (think they've had enough of them for one season) and Kimi Raikkonen will remain as champion.

B747forever
Topic Author

Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:37 pm

Quoting Boeing74741R (Reply 70):
Kimi Raikkonen will remain as champion.

He will remain as Champion. Even if BMW and Williams are guilty. McLaren and Hamilton has said that they dont want to take the win from Kimi off track.
Work Hard, Fly Right

moo

Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:38 pm

Quoting Boeing74741R (Reply 70):

Speaking of which if Ferrari have won the Constructors off the track then in theory, should the FIA rule in McLaren's favour in the upcoming appeal about the fuel temperatures of the cars ahead of Lewis Hamilton in the Brazilian Grand Prix, Lewis Hamilton would become champion off the track as well. So any McLaren/Hamilton fan who whinge about Ferrari winning the Constructors ought to shut up because if this turns out to be the case they won't whinge about that!

Why not? I don't want Hamilton to win the DC that way, and if the appeal does go in McLarens favour, I think you will find that many 'McLaren fans' won't consider it a victory, and won't consider Hamilton the DC winner, myself included.

You can support a team without being a hypocrite, you know.

Boeing74741R

Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:43 pm

Quoting Moo (Reply 72):
Why not? I don't want Hamilton to win the DC that way, and if the appeal does go in McLarens favour, I think you will find that many 'McLaren fans' won't consider it a victory, and won't consider Hamilton the DC winner, myself included.

You can support a team without being a hypocrite, you know.

Oh yeah I'm not disputing that. What I'm saying is that there are fans who moan about McLaren losing the constructors off the track and they may be oblivious to the fact that Hamilton 'may' win it off the track, which IMO could be considered as 'cold consolation' by McLaren and Hamilton himself - Hamilton has even said that he doesn't want to win it this way and I can see his point. And if Hamilton is awarded the title this way I wonder whether Ferrari will kick up a fuss.

BlueElephant

Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:53 pm

Quoting Boeing74741R (Reply 73):
Oh yeah I'm not disputing that. What I'm saying is that there are fans who moan about McLaren losing the constructors off the track and they may be oblivious to the fact that Hamilton 'may' win it off the track, which IMO could be considered as 'cold consolation' by McLaren and Hamilton himself - Hamilton has even said that he doesn't want to win it this way and I can see his point. And if Hamilton is awarded the title this way I wonder whether Ferrari will kick up a fuss.

Yeah you're right...But think of it this way...the Appeal will probably be thrown out because even if there is the slightest possibility of Ferrari getting hurt...then it it goes in favour of Ferrari..

And if we see McLaren winning...Even if they don't want to...Ferrari will have a hissy fit.

sudden

Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:02 pm

Quoting B747forever (Reply 69):
I really cant see a Kimi/Alonso combination at Ferrari.

It will never work. Kimi/Alonso would be a disaster for Ferrari. Hope that they can see that, and not give Alonso any race seat with them.

I will stick my head out and say it would work.
Both are experienced drivers that knows what it takes to win races, as well as being champion. Not a rookie vs champ issue there. They have respect for each other on the track as well as off, so why not.

Aim for the sky!
Sudden
When in doubt, flat out!

B747forever
Topic Author

Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:11 pm

Quoting Sudden (Reply 75):
Not a rookie vs champ issue there

It will be a Champ vs Champ issues if Alonso goes for Ferrari. And I think that it will be a disaster. You cant have two Champs in the same team without any problems.
Work Hard, Fly Right

jamesbuk

Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:46 pm

Quoting B747forever (Reply 76):
You cant have two Champs in the same team without any problems.

How do you know?

Personally I think it would work for the reasons Sudden mentions. I don't believe Alonso would accuse Ferrari of any mal-practice if he was in the team and Kimi was there mainly because its 2 experienced drivers so its down to skill, in mclaren Alonso saw that a rookie came into F1 and was beating Alonso and was leading the WDC - that would make him and anyone else in that situation suspicious, especially as Hamilton and Ron Dennis have a father/son like relationship.

Rgds --James--
You cant have your cake and eat it... What the hells the point in having it then!!!

B747forever
Topic Author

Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:53 pm

Quoting Jamesbuk (Reply 77):
in mclaren Alonso saw that a rookie came into F1 and was beating Alonso and was leading the WDC - that would make him and anyone else in that situation suspicious, especially as Hamilton and Ron Dennis have a father/son like relationship.

Okey, Alonso acted as a he did because Hamilton was a rookie and beat ed him.

Why I say that it would not work with Kimi/alonso in Ferrari is because Alonsos acted as he did this season. I am afraid that it can be really big disaster for Ferrari.

But Alonso will maybe not act as he did in McLaren with Ferrari because he doesn't have any rookie to beat,in Ferrari he has a champ to beat and therefore it doesn't matter if Kimi leads over Alonso and beats him.
Work Hard, Fly Right

jamesbuk

Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:22 pm

Quoting B747forever (Reply 78):

Contradict yourself much?

Why I say that it would not work with Kimi/alonso in Ferrari is because Alonsos acted as he did this season. I am afraid that it can be really big disaster for Ferrari.

Why would it be a disaster? Alonso was fine at Renault (Untill he realised he was leaving then acted up a bit)

But Alonso will maybe not act as he did in McLaren with Ferrari because he doesn't have any rookie to beat,in Ferrari he has a champ to beat and therefore it doesn't matter if Kimi leads over Alonso and beats him.

Basically what I said.

Rgds --James--

B747forever
Topic Author

Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:34 pm

Quoting Jamesbuk (Reply 79):

Has to agree with you. It wont be a disaster for Ferrari if Alonso goes for them. But I still like Massa/Kimi better.
Work Hard, Fly Right

legoguy

Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:13 pm

Quoting Jamesbuk (Reply 79):
Alonso was fine at Renault (Untill he realised he was leaving then acted up a bit)

Did Fernando have anyone who could easily have challenged him for Word Championship status at Renault? Sadily not, as good as Fisichella was, he was not World Championship material.  Wink So that argument is flawed.

There is a reason why Ferrari did not wait around for Alonso to leave McLaren and that is they have two perfect drivers already who can get along together.

If Alonso was to join Ferrari, he probably would not complain if he was beaten, but he would not handle the suitation well if it was to occur. Renault is his best choice by far.

jamesbuk

Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:49 pm

Quoting Legoguy (Reply 81):

There is a reason why Ferrari did not wait around for Alonso to leave McLaren and that is they have two perfect drivers already who can get along together.

Yeh to be honest I think Ferrari do have the best set up, Kimi as the race winner, Massa as the guy who sets the car up, and aims for some Team champ points + a few wins  silly 

but he would not handle the suitation well if it was to occur.

Maybe, but do you see what I was talking about earlier? With the whole being beaten by a rookie etc.

Renault is his best choice by far.

Yup totally - and if Alonso can get that team back up then we can have 4 teams striving for the championship next year Big grin

Rgds --James--

legoguy

Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:26 pm

Quoting Jamesbuk (Reply 82):
Maybe, but do you see what I was talking about earlier? With the whole being beaten by a rookie etc.

I can indeed see where you are coming from and mostly agree however I feel that Alonso would not like having a team mate faster than himself so I would almost rule Ferrari off the list of teams he is considering.

If Alonso was to go to Renault, I would not expect him to have an instant impact. This might be a long shot, but I perhaps see Honda returning to the top end of the grid.

B747forever
Topic Author

Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:01 pm

Quoting Jamesbuk (Reply 82):
Yup totally - and if Alonso can get that team back up then we can have 4 teams striving for the championship next year

But I think we have 3 teams that can win the champion ship. Still I cant imagine a BMW driver to win the WDC.
Work Hard, Fly Right

B747forever
Topic Author

Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:15 pm

Hamilton says that he would like to see either Nico, Sutil or Kovalainen as his partner.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/071103163935.shtml
Work Hard, Fly Right

B747forever
Topic Author

Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:19 pm

Work Hard, Fly Right

kaddyuk

Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:25 pm

Massa is a WDC possibility!!

Look at his performance this year, he's not just a back bencher who is simply there to support kimi, he's out for a title himself. He's come along massively this year and was a definate title contender most of the way through the season.

Massa is going to WIN a WDC, its not a question of if, just WHEN!!  Wink
Whoever said "laughter is the best medicine" never had Gonorrhea

sudden

Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:29 pm

Quoting B747forever (Reply 85):
Hamilton says that he would like to see either Nico, Sutil or Kovalainen as his partner.

What a bunch of bull#hit!
He can talk all he want as it does not matter to him who his team mate will be. As Rons little baby he will get first shot at new parts, T-car, spare parts etc. anyway.

I hope none of these guys goes to Mclaren. But on the other hand all of them deserve better then what they currently have. If any, my vote goes to Sutil.

Aim for the sky!
Sudden

[Edited 2007-11-03 11:31:10]
When in doubt, flat out!

B747forever
Topic Author

Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:47 pm

Quoting Sudden (Reply 88):
hope none of these guys goes to Mclaren.

That is what I also think. The have better race chance with their team, where they can race for win.
Work Hard, Fly Right

scrubbsywg

Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:41 pm

falvio was quoted as saying they are awaiting a response from Alonso in response to an offer they gave to him.

B747forever
Topic Author

Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:01 pm

Quoting ScrubbsYWG (Reply 90):
falvio was quoted as saying they are awaiting a response from Alonso in response to an offer they gave to him.

Do you have any link???

Think that all teams that are interested in Alonso has give him offers. Now all wait on Alonsos decision.
Work Hard, Fly Right

LTU932

Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:16 pm

Quoting Sudden (Reply 88):
I hope none of these guys goes to Mclaren. But on the other hand all of them deserve better then what they currently have. If any, my vote goes to Sutil.

Nico however is the most likely to go to McLaren, even if it's just for the publicity stunt of finally having a German driving for the Silberpfeile.

Still, the Germans with the most bright future in F1 at this stage are Nick Heidfeld and Sebastian Vettel. In Vettel's case, I'm sure he can learn a lot from the experience Gerhard Berger is bringing to Torro Rosso from his time as a driver (which may help him climb high in the ranks for a chance at a commitment either at RBR or even a major team), and Heidfeld will count with full support from Dr. Theissen and BMW, so he can finally get a good car with which he can finally win and eventually make a run for the WDC.

B747forever
Topic Author

Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:23 pm

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 92):
and Sebastian Vettel

Almost forgot that young man. He has a really bright future in F1. If he can bring a Torro Rosso to a fourth place, he can bring a McLaren to a first place.

Can we see Vettel as a McLaren drover next season???
Work Hard, Fly Right

Boeing74741R

Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:03 pm

Quoting B747forever (Reply 86):
Red Bull, Renault, lead chase for Alonso

Alonso will go to Renault, it's almost a dead cert.

B747forever
Topic Author

Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:17 pm

Quoting Boeing74741R (Reply 94):
Alonso will go to Renault,

That is the biggest chance, but you never know. Maybe Alonso goes for RBR???
Work Hard, Fly Right

waterpolodan

Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:19 pm

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 57):
Whatever you say, McLaren are the winners.

Denial can be so blissful  Smile

Quoting Kaddyuk (Reply 87):
Massa is a WDC possibility!!

Look at his performance this year, he's not just a back bencher who is simply there to support kimi, he's out for a title himself. He's come along massively this year and was a definate title contender most of the way through the season.

Massa is going to WIN a WDC, its not a question of if, just WHEN!!

I hope you're right, I think that if he has a reliable car, he's Kimi's equal, and I'd love to see him win a championship as among the top 4 drivers from this past season he is by far the most entertaining and has the best personality.

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 92):
Nico however is the most likely to go to McLaren, even if it's just for the publicity stunt of finally having a German driving for the Silberpfeile.

Still, the Germans with the most bright future in F1 at this stage are Nick Heidfeld and Sebastian Vettel.

So Rosberg in a Mclaren would be a publicity stunt? You don't think he's earned that seat with his driving this past season? Sutil and Vettel had decent seasons, Heidfeld had a great year, but Rosberg was spectacular. If he gets a seat at Mclaren, I fully expect him to beat Hamilton regularly. He's a great driver, definite WDC material.

jamesbuk

Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:24 pm

Quoting Waterpolodan (Reply 96):
but Rosberg was spectacular.

Absoloutely, just a shame he was out shone by Hamilton, getting all the attention...

B747forever, why dont you think BMW will be contenders? whats your reasons for thinking this?

Rgds --James--

LTU932

Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:37 pm

Quoting B747forever (Reply 93):
Can we see Vettel as a McLaren drover next season???

No. He needs to mature more. Give him some time.

Quoting Waterpolodan (Reply 96):
So Rosberg in a Mclaren would be a publicity stunt?

No, I said "even if it was just for a publicity stunt". I know Nico has been driving outstandingly this season and whatever team he goes, he has to go there if he wants to be recognised for his skills. However, don't forget that sometimes in sport, certain things in a competition tend to be just a publicity stunt. If I was Nico though, I'd stay at Williams until the contract expires, so he can mature more as a driver and build on his current skills before changing to one of the majors.

scrubbsywg

Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:04 pm