Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:39 pm

I cant believe Im participating in this thread but:

Cut

Big grin

Duff44

RE: The Official Circumcision Thread

Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:58 pm

Cut

If I ever have sons, I don't know what I'd do... I'd probably leave it alone, but I'll jump off that bridge when I come to it.

LAXspotter

Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:06 am

since, were are discussing such a topic, anyone remember the Seinfeld episode about the Bris?

ZBBYLW

Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:07 am

Quoting Bagpiper (Reply 48):
Oh wow, you must be big.

I will be honest its not so much that size as finding a condom that is not overly small, I found the Trojan Ultra Thins (another problem perhaps) where the ones that gave me the biggest problem. The felt really tight when they where on. In comparison most other ones have a decent fit and do not feel abnormally tight. Anyways that got of track a bit so to get back on track, Cut.

LH423
Topic Author

Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:19 am

Quoting CJAContinental (Reply 29):
I'm as dissapointed as you are when I'm telling you that there's a thread like that active on this forum now

Oh these things have been going on for YEARS. What a n00b! :P

Oh well, I was just trying to do a survey but it's turned out to be another debate. *sigh*

LH423

LASoctoberB6

Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:44 am

Quoting LH423 (Reply 54):
What a n00b! :P

I guess so...

Quoting KPDX (Reply 50):
I cant believe Im participating in this thread but:

This is not a thread I would have ever thought to have seen on here, but um... okay, then...
I'm Ctrl+X...

[Edited 2007-11-05 16:45:18]

airtran737

Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:50 am

Quoting IFEMaster (Reply 13):
Do they have a choice?

Nope. Here in the states children are usually circumcised right after birth. My kids won't be walking around with ant eaters.

bok269

Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:52 am

Cut and proud.

My sons (if and when), will be cut for religious reasons. To be honest, I think it is for the better-one less difficult decision to make for them. It may hurt for them, but later they won't remember it. If I were to leave it uncut, it leaves them to face a painful operation if they decide they don't want it.

JCKastrup

Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:13 am

Uncut.

Nobody gets near my Willie with a knife.

ouboy79

Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:22 am

What no self pics in this thread? lol

Uncut is gross and ugly...clean it up and take a little off the top. :-P

ScarletHarlot

Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:27 am

Interesting to see the almost pure American/non-American split on this one. What is it about you Yanks that makes you want to cut your little sons' penises off?

If I ever had a boy his penis would be left as is. I'm against circumcision.

Quoting Emirates773ER (Reply 34):
Plus a survey suggests that women prefers cut penises than uncut ones, more than makes up for any sensitivity issues as some people suggests.

Your link refers to AMERICAN women. Of course they prefer it, that's all they know!

"American women's preference, according to surveys described in Reuben's Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex, is a circumcised penis, which the women say is cleaner, sexier and nicer to handle."

ouboy79

Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:19 am

It's not all they know, there are plenty over here. My opinion...it looks cleaner and not has disgusting. There just isn't anything attractive about some wrinkled skin covering the head.

TSS

Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:49 am

Quoting AndesSMF (Reply 9):
Add me now to the list of those who can only engage in fornication now, since their boys can no longer swim.

They can still swim, they're just blocked from getting to the diving board so they can't jump into the pool.  Wink

RobertNL070

Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:52 am

Quoting Emirates773ER (Reply 38):
Circumcision is a viable solution which reduces your chances of acquiring AIDS

Is that so? It seems unlikely. However, assuming for argument's sake that it is true, there is a whole host of other sexually transmitted diseases you can contract  mischievous 

TSS

Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:03 am

Quoting RobertNL070 (Reply 63):
Quoting Emirates773ER (Reply 38):Circumcision is a viable solution which reduces your chances of acquiring AIDS
Is that so? It seems unlikely.

I wonder about that myself. How does the incidence of AIDS in a mostly-circumcised country like the US compare to the incidence of AIDS in mostly-intact countries with equivalent hygiene and health standards such as The Netherlands or other European countries?

windshear

Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:05 am

The foreskin is what makes the penis an internal organ. An internal organ, that gets exposed to external bacteria "and stuff", like the penis does, is bound to be more prone to infections and smells and so on.

But whether this is enough to circumcise or not, is up to each parent, and I guess the world disagrees on this.

Boaz.

andessmf

Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:21 am

Quoting TSS (Reply 62):
They can still swim, they're just blocked from getting to the diving board so they can't jump into the pool.

Great description...

Of course, the doctor tells you that there could be some 'swelling' as the body gets used to an excess of swimmers. The literature explains that this discomfort could last for weeks. Thankfully  pray  I received less hassle and problems than most.

N1120A

Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:48 am

Quoting LH423 (Thread starter):

No, actually let's keep debate and politics out of it.

Quoting Kiwiandrew (Reply 1):

Wow, one whole reply to send this one straight into the crapper.

Quoting AndesSMF (Reply 9):

But, with my new found obsession, I want to find out who has also gotten the 'ultimate' cut (vasectomy).

I think you and ANCFlyer have a new topic of conversation.

Quoting Ajd1992 (Reply 16):

I ain't letting nobody cut my cock with a scalpel!

I hope you don't ever get penile cancer, strangulation or foreskin infection then.

Quoting Kiwiandrew (Reply 18):
they really do not know what they are missing

Neither do uncut men if you think about it.

Quoting Kiwiandrew (Reply 18):

I might also add that I have never met a cut man who got as much enjoyment and sensation from receiving a blowjob

I have no experience to go on but my own, however I derive incredibly intense enjoyment and sensation from receiving oral sex and can't imagine it being any better.

Quoting Toast (Reply 33):

Sure a condom can be torn, just like an airplane can fall from the sky. The odds are probably similar in both cases.

No, the odds aren't even close. Chances are most men have had at least one condom break in their lifetime.

Quoting ScarletHarlot (Reply 60):

Your link refers to AMERICAN women. Of course they prefer it, that's all they know!

Not particularly. There are lots of uncircumsized men in the US.

Joni

Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:40 am

When I started reading this thread I didn't imagine I'd chime in..

I'm uncut.

I'd like to also voice my opposition to having non-consenting children undergo the procedure for inadequate reasons (religion, family tradition, whatever). Further, I think the procedure could be called "MGM", or male genital mutilation.

Circumcision is a viable solution which reduces your chances of acquiring AIDS, I did rather be safe than sorry, at least logic dictates it that way. As far as the odds go, I did rather be in a plane than live a life of misery due to a one night stand gone wrong.

There are epidemiological studies on this and the balance of those, AFAIK, does show a decreased risk of acquiring HIV for circumcised men. However, circumcision is not an effective form of contraception against HIV since the odds of contracting it are only reduced by at most around half. Sometimes I wonder, if that' just a function of the operation itself, as cut guys are likely to have less sex to begin with since it's less pleasurable for them (not meaning to imply cut men couldn't enjoy sex too)

Using a condom, in contrast, _is_ an effective means of contraception against HIV.

N1120A

Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:44 am

Quoting Joni (Reply 68):
However, circumcision is not an effective form of contraception against HIV since the odds of contracting it are only reduced by at most around half.

Reducing a risk by half is a hell of a lot better than nothing at all.

Quoting Joni (Reply 68):
as cut guys are likely to have less sex to begin with since it's less pleasurable for them (not meaning to imply cut men couldn't enjoy sex too)

You just did imply such and its pretty insulting.

ME AVN FAN

Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:13 pm

Quoting Joni (Reply 68):
undergo the procedure for inadequate reasons (religion, family tradition, whatever)

quite to the contrary, religious and family tradition based reasons are widely regarded as "adequate", even if it just is the family of an "original" father. Beside the point that it is, or at least was, supported by many doctors.

Joni

Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:58 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 69):
Reducing a risk by half is a hell of a lot better than nothing at all.

Reducing the risk by 99%, without needing surgery, is a hell of a lot better than reducing it by 50%, with surgery. Especially taking into account that if you're in a sexual relationship with someone who has HIV, a 50% reduction in risk will just delay the time when you do get it whereas using a condom (or getting tested) will prevent the transmission. If you're promiscuous and rely on your circumcision to protect you from STDs, then you could just as well have the whole thing cut off.

Quoting N1120A (Reply 69):
You just did imply such and its pretty insulting.

Well no, what I implied was that cut guys probably are likely to find it less pleasurable, not that they wouldn't find it pleasurable at all. There are exceptions - some people have foreskins that are so tight that erections are painful and those people are likely to have improved experiences following a circumcision. Otherwise, it's like walking: easier and more fun with two legs but completely possible also with one leg amputated, provided you use a crutch.

Kieron747

Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:37 pm

Quoting RootsAir (Reply 49):
AeroWesty, Kieron747, Cadet51 ...look for yourselves that i'm not the only one who talks bout circumcision

Talks about it!  rotfl  continually obsessing over the subject more like!

I am circumcised

Really? I never would have known that, it's not like you've mentioned it before!

Uncut(yuck)

sarcastic  Whatever dude, whatever.

K

JAGflyer

Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:05 pm

Cut for religious reasons and my sons will be cut as well. 100% happy with myself.

freckles

Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:23 pm

Theres some real arrogant morons in this thread.

It is true what they say about certain countries being more arrogant than others....

ALexeu

Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:48 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 67):
hope you don't ever get penile cancer, strangulation or foreskin infection then.

I've read somewhere that if you have penile cancer you have to undergo penis aputation, penectonomy.

TSS

Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:22 pm

I hope you don't ever get penile cancer

According to the American Cancer Society, circumcision status has no effect on the incidence of penile cancer: http://www.cancer.org/docroot/NWS/co...WS_1_1x_Misleading_Information.asp
If you notice a spot or bump ANYWHERE on your penis that hasn't always been there, you should see a doctor about it immediately whether you're circumcised or not!

strangulation

I'm guessing "strangulation" refers to paraphimosis, wherein an unusually tight foreskin gets trapped behind the glans when retracted. While it's true that circumcised guys never have to fear this particular condition, regular gentle stretching of the affected body part to keep it elastic and limber should greatly lessen if not completely eliminate the threat of paraphimosis. Keeping some extra-slick lube in the medicine cabinet if you think you might be at risk for paraphimosis couldn't hurt, either...just in case.
Look at it like this: If you have a trick shoulder that once in a great while pops out of joint, would you consider cutting your entire arm off to stop it happening again?

or foreskin infection

Which should be treated with antibiotics just like an infection of any other part of the body. Is an infected fingernail a reason to cut the end of your finger off?

LH423
Topic Author

Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:34 pm

Quoting TSS (Reply 76):
While it's true that circumcised guys never have to fear this particular condition, regular gentle stretching of the affected body part to keep it elastic and limber should greatly lessen if not completely eliminate the threat of paraphimosis

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that most guys over the age of 14 regularly stretch said body part  Wink

LH423

kiwiandrew

Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:57 pm

Quoting Kiwiandrew (Reply 1):

Wow, one whole reply to send this one straight into the crapper.

if someone starts a thread on a controversial topic ( such as male genital mutilation or circumcision depending on how you view the practice ) then it is a bit unrealistic for them to expect not to get any debate . If I decided to start a thread such as 'spouse abuse - who on Anet beats their partner?' it would be somewhat naive of me to say :

Quoting LH423 (Thread starter):
actually let's keep debate and politics out of it. Just the numbers. A simple Survey Says, if you will

LH423
Topic Author

Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:55 pm

Quoting Kiwiandrew (Reply 78):
if someone starts a thread on a controversial topic ( such as male genital mutilation or circumcision depending on how you view the practice ) then it is a bit unrealistic for them to expect not to get any debate

Actually, I find the ability to say 'yes' or 'no' and keep any personal feelings out of the matter quite easy. Especially, considering that there's another thread currently active debating that issue.

This exact thread has been done before with little debate.

Fact is, some people are for it, some against. If one wants to argue the pros and cons of circumcision, you're welcome to do it in another thread. This thread was meant specifically for survey purposes.

I see no naïveté on my part for expecting that. But, since apparently I'm "naïve" and this thread has gone off topic from the original intent, if any mods are reading this, please feel free to lock this. A debate was not the intention of this thread.

LH423

ME AVN FAN

Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:59 pm

in percentage points, it is about 40% gay, almost 60% straight, and one person declaring to be Asexual.

bok269

Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:24 pm

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 80):
in percentage points, it is about 40% gay, almost 60% straight, and one person declaring to be Asexual.

Wrong thread?

N1120A

Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:36 pm

Quoting Joni (Reply 71):

Reducing the risk by 99%, without needing surgery, is a hell of a lot better than reducing it by 50%, with surgery.

Of course it is, however there exists the issue of condom availability and acceptance in the developing world. A 50% reduction is better than a 0% reduction.

Quoting Joni (Reply 71):
Otherwise, it's like walking: easier and more fun with two legs but completely possible also with one leg amputated, provided you use a crutch.

That is thinner than paper

Quoting Joni (Reply 71):
what I implied was that cut guys probably are likely to find it less pleasurable

And you wouldn't know that.

Quoting AlexEU (Reply 75):

I've read somewhere that if you have penile cancer you have to undergo penis aputation, penectonomy.

Not always.

Quoting TSS (Reply 76):

Which should be treated with antibiotics just like an infection of any other part of the body. Is an infected fingernail a reason to cut the end of your finger off?

In some cases, yes.

Quoting TSS (Reply 76):

According to the American Cancer Society, circumcision status has no effect on the incidence of penile cancer:

Actually, they only state that the original studies were later said to be inconclusive for not taking into account other factors. The NIH states that the existence of smegma may very well increase the risk.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001276.htm

TSS

Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:26 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 82):
The NIH states that the existence of smegma may very well increase the risk (of penile cancer).

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...6.htm

And a little soap and water gets rid of that pesky smegma quite effectively.

ME AVN FAN

Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:30 pm

Quoting Bok269 (Reply 81):
n percentage points, it is about 40% gay, almost 60% straight, and one person declaring to be Asexual.

Wrong thread?

absolutely wrong one. So sorry !  Wow!
-
-

Quoting LH423 (Reply 79):
this thread has gone off topic from the original intent

whenever a discussion about the circumcision as such is unavoidable,
you might help it back by stating how many people above are cut / uncut

N1120A

Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:32 pm

Quoting TSS (Reply 83):

And a little soap and water gets rid of that pesky smegma quite effectively.

But the risk is not reduced completely.

airlinelover

Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:32 pm

TSS

Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:00 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 85):

How could risk be reduced (a comparative term) completely (an absolute term)?

Circumcised men get penile cancer, too. The only way to eliminate the risk of penile cancer is by removal of the entire penis.

An article from the UK on circumcision:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...nd_style/health/article2761868.ece

tootallsd

Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:15 pm

Circumcision is a viable solution which reduces your chances of acquiring AIDS, I did rather be safe than sorry, at least logic dictates it that way. As far as the odds go, I did rather be in a plane than live a life of misery due to a one night stand gone wrong.

I guess if I had my cock and balls lopped off, I would be even safer. Not going to happen.

andessmf

Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:17 pm

Quoting Tootallsd (Reply 88):
I guess if I had my cock and balls lopped off, I would be even safer. Not going to happen.

You 'could' get a vasectomy, and enjoy trouble free sex for the rest of your life!  biggrin 

SpinalTap

Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:32 am

I'm unmutilated.

Quoting Tootallsd (Reply 88):

Well they could lobe one testicle off, it would halve the risk of testicular cancer no doubt.

N1120A

Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:40 am

Quoting TSS (Reply 87):

How could risk be reduced (a comparative term) completely (an absolute term)?

Because I used colloquial language.

Quoting TSS (Reply 87):

Circumcised men get penile cancer, too.

Yes, but are not at the same risk.

CaliforniaMate

Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:57 am

I'm uncut, and American. To tell you the truth, I'm disgusted with the way my country treats this subject. Its probably done here so prevalently because so many Americans are too lazy (and fat!) to even wash their genitals and decide to lob off a piece off a functional body part so that they can either 1) 'fit' in and look like everyone else, which alone is one the worst arguments for it 2) save a couple minutes in the shower and focus on masturbating instead of cleaning themselves properly.

ouboy79

Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:09 am

I definitely wouldn't say we are lazy. It gives a much more clean appearance. Obviously everyone will argue for or against this in one way, especially those with their foreskin still. If I still had it, I would probably defend those that weren't cut. I just find the site of it unclean and somewhat gross by the shrivled skin. Some people like it, some don't.

Joni

Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:39 am

Of course it is, however there exists the issue of condom availability and acceptance in the developing world. A 50% reduction is better than a 0% reduction.

Ok, we appear to be in agreement then that condoms are preferable to circumcision as an anti-HIV measure.

And you wouldn't know that.

Well, the part in question (which is removed in MGM) is perhaps the closest thing I have to being my altogether favourite part and I find it difficult to imagine how the fun in that area wouldn't be reduced if it was removed. I also recall seeing some studies, where men circumcised as adults for non-medical reasons would tend to report reduced pleasure more than increased pleasure (but this is one of the fields where you have many studies and many of them don't differentiate between non-medical and medically necessary operations)

Quoting N1120A (Reply 85):

One way to almost completely reduce the risk of breast cancer in women is to remove both breasts from all women as a precautionary measure.