|Quoting Fllcontinental (Thread starter):|
I have homophobia and am not proud of it. It's not that I think that gays are morally repugnant but I just feel uncomfortable anytime I am around a gay. Does anybody else here share my fear?
Well the upside of this is that you arent proud of it...so perhaps you'd like to try to change this?? I'm sure a lot of people feel 'uncomfortable' around gay people. And I think that being gay has a lot of stigmas attached to it, so of course straight guys especially make fun of it, and do not understand it. And thats where the fear comes from... hell, I have no idea what one finds attractive about a vagina. But if you like it- who am I to stop you? And should I be afraid of you or uncomfortable around you because you like women? Yes, I realize that being straight is the more 'mainstream' thing, and so feeling like that would be much less common.... But whats the big deal? Gay men like other men.... so? I'd like you to answer these questions HONESTLY to yourself....
1. So... how does the fact that you might be AROUND a gay man affect your life?
2. Are you bound to go home with him against your will?
3. What are the realistic odds that a gay man is going to make a pass at you?
4. How can being around a gay man really hurt you?
5. Are you afraid that being around them will make other people think you are gay?
6. What kind of upbringing did you have that might affect your outlook and/or views of gays?
7. What biases might you have?
I think answering these questions would help you think about the reasons you feel uncomfortable and if its really worth it to feel this way....
Many straight guys have this completely irrational fear of being hit on by gay men...thinking that gays want any guy they can find. Well let me tell you a secret...while there are a few who like to want straight men (everyone wants what they cant have).... MOST dont go for them- UNLESS- they feel that this guy isnt so straight after all.....
Sure, a good looking guy is a good looking guy...but sadly I find that I dont have that much in common with most straight guys and so I've never really had a crush on one. So stay straight, more power to you. I dont want a straight guy and I dont know anyone that goes after them for sport either.