JA732A
Topic Author

Woman Goes Green By Sterilizing Herself

Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:09 pm

Had Toni Vernelli gone ahead with her pregnancy ten years ago, she would know at first hand what it is like to cradle her own baby, to have a pair of innocent eyes gazing up at her with unconditional love, to feel a little hand slipping into hers - and a voice calling her Mummy.

But the very thought makes her shudder with horror.

Because when Toni terminated her pregnancy, she did so in the firm belief she was helping to save the planet.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv..._article_id=495495&in_page_id=1879

She can go a few steps further and off herself too.  Yeah sure

PlymSpotter

RE: Woman Goes Green By Sterilizing Herself

Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:19 pm

Quoting JA732A (Thread starter):
She can go a few steps further and off herself too.

"Having children is selfish. It's all about maintaining your genetic line at the expense of the planet," says Toni, 35."

I think she's at least made appropriate steps so that this nonsense cannot be inherited. What an utterly stupid woman, some people never cease to amaze me... it's quite possible the funniest and dumbest thing I have ever head someone do. The potential good her offspring could have done FAR outweighs the carbon footprint created through having them  Yeah sure

Dan Smile
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

kmh1956

Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:30 pm

She's so eco-friendly that she had herself steilised against having kids, but takes long-haul flights? HUH????
'Somebody tell me why I'm on my own if there's a soulmate for everyone' :Natasha Bedingfield

David L

Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:36 pm

Sterilising herself? Obviously she didn't realise that gangrene isn't "green".

[Edited 2007-11-23 10:37:01]

Fly2HMO

Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:46 pm

Quoting PlymSpotter (Reply 1):
The potential good her offspring could have done FAR outweighs the carbon footprint created through having them

She's actually doing the world a favor. We don't need freaks like her reproducing anyways.

Gotta love Darwin Big grin

An-225

Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:50 pm

Hell, if she doesn't want children, why should she? It's her body and her decision, and it's not up to us to judge that. I don't want to have any children either, does that make me a bad person?

Alex.
Money does not bring you happiness. But it's better to cry in your own private limo than on a cold bus stop.

trvyyz

Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:16 pm

Quoting An-225 (Reply 5):

Nobody is judging her decision. People are only judging her "twisted" claims that kids are an "Eco-Hazard".

[Edited 2007-11-23 11:19:06]

greasespot

Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:21 pm

What is disturbing is that doctors allowed her ex husband to have a vasectomy but would not let her....that is the most disturbing....

Why is it sumb. She had a reason to not have kids and had the forsight to do something about it. Why when a person says they do not want kids everyone thinks they are crazy.....I do not want kids...and somehow i am looked upon a some failure as a woman.....
Sometimes all you can do is look them in the eye and ask " how much did your mom drink when she was pregnant with you?"

jafa39

Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:22 pm

Quoting Greasespot (Reply 7):
What is disturbing is that doctors allowed her ex husband to have a vasectomy but would not let her....that is the most disturbing....

Why is it sumb. She had a reason to not have kids and had the forsight to do something about it. Why when a person says they do not want kids everyone thinks they are crazy.....I do not want kids...and somehow i am looked upon a some failure as a woman.....

I had it the other way around, I had to fight to get a vasectomy (went private in the end) but the Doc was only too keen to rip Mrs J's tubes out.

I don't think it is the fact of not wanting to have children that makes this woman a freak, most people can fully understand that fact (especially us parents) but its her eco-babble hypocrisy, and they way she seems to be condemming the rest of us for wanting to have kids.

If she just made the choice and STFU nobody would know about it but like a lot of these fake eco-friendly types...she just had to make a big deal of it.
We, the undersigned, do hereby consent.....

fr8mech

Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:33 pm

Quoting Greasespot (Reply 7):

No one is assailing her decision not to have a baby. It's the reason that is laughable, that's all. And after reading the entire article, it is MY opinion that this woman is morally bankrupt.

And understand something, it is unusual for someone, especially a female to not want a child. There's nothing wrong with that, in my opinion, but it is unusual, in the grand scheme of things.

Now, I know they'll be a mad rush to prove me wrong with all the 12 year olds on this board claiming they'll never have kids, but give it some time, most will.

My wife didn't want any children until about 6 years ago, then "hey, how about we make a baby?" It happens.
When seconds count...the police are minutes away.
Unless it's expressly prohibited, it's allowed.
You are not entitled to a public safe space.
Ego Bibere Capulus, Ut Aliis Sit Vivere

n710ps

Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:46 pm

I never wanted a kid either, now I am with the woman I am fairly confident will be the last one I am with and I find myself very open to the idea of being a father. Not yet but in the next few years for sure.
There is plenty of room for Gods animals, right next to the mashed potatoes!

bill142

Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:57 pm

Thank god Darwin took control!

Nuori5084

Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:25 pm

Why didn't Al Gore think of this?
Failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

aa61hvy

Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:37 pm

She should have put a cork up her rear, stop the spread of methane....
Go big or go home

Dougloid

Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:49 pm

Hell, she didn't need to do that. All I shoot is blanks these days since my vasectomy, I'd be doing the world a favor by servicing her regularly. No carbon problems there.
If you believe in coincidence, you haven't looked close enough-Joe Leaphorn

Superfly

Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:50 pm

Quoting AA61Hvy (Reply 13):
She should have put a cork up her rear, stop the spread of methane....

LOL!  rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

Quoting Kmh1956 (Reply 2):
She's so eco-friendly that she had herself steilised against having kids, but takes long-haul flights? HUH????

Good point.
Had she chose her trips across the Atlantic Ocean by making a sailboat made out of recycled material, sails made out of fair trade coffee beanbags then I could have some respect for her. Seems like this idiot wants to draw attention to herself to show the world how stupid she is, even if it leaves a carbon footprint.

After looking at her face, seems like she already had a natural birth control in place.

An-225:
Nothing wrong with kids, as long as they aren't up in business and first class.  Wink  Silly
Bring back the Concorde

Mir

Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:53 pm

Quoting TRVYYZ (Reply 6):
People are only judging her "twisted" claims that kids are an "Eco-Hazard".

Well, the world does have an overpopulation problem, so she has somewhat of a point. Like most green fanatics, she takes it way too far, but the underlying logic is sound.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

Yellowstone

Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:48 am

While I certainly wouldn't go so far as to argue against having kids, the plain and simple truth is that the more humans there are on this planet, the more resources we consume and the bigger (negative) impact we have on the environment. In general, I think that women ought to limit themselves to two children, as that is enough to sustain the human population. Six billion people is plenty to have on this planet. If this woman wants to have no children, to compensate for those who have more than two, that's her prerogative.
Hydrogen is an odorless, colorless gas which, given enough time, turns into people.

MattRB

Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:46 am

These fine people have made up for whatever shrunken carbon footprint her not having kids would have made..
Aviation is proof that, given the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible.

An-225

Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:37 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 15):
Nothing wrong with kids, as long as they aren't up in business and first class. Wink Silly

And as long as they are not related to you or anyone in your group.  Smile

Alex.
Money does not bring you happiness. But it's better to cry in your own private limo than on a cold bus stop.

Glom

Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:30 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 16):
Like most green fanatics, she takes it way too far, but the underlying logic is sound.

Not really. The developed world is careening towards a population crash as the birth rate plunges below replacement rate. It's already started in Europe.

It's the developing world where the population growth is happening. The thought of what white, middle class misanthrops would do to stem this is too unthinkable to... well... think about. Besides, if all goes well, it will peak at 9 billion around the middle of the century and then tail off. No need to go on a sterilising panic.

Besides, I really can't take the population bomb crap seriously any more. Doomsayers have been banging on about it for ages yet we are mysteriously not starving and filthy. In fact, we're better off than we were a hundred years ago.

jafa39

Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:05 pm

Quoting Glom (Reply 20):
Not really. The developed world is careening towards a population crash as the birth rate plunges below replacement rate. It's already started in Europe.

Perfectly true...you see the Baby Boomers are starting to die off and so whereas they caused a hike in birth rates, their masses mean they will cause a spike in death rates too. As the western population plunges they make room and free up jobs for other races to move in to their vacated slots in the western world and the brain drain will cause a population crash where they came from and so the yin and yang of it all just keeps on swinging about but the overall trend will be down as fertility rates drop in some areas and climate change makes others untenable.

New Zealand's population is predicted to stabilise at 5.5 million and is currently at 4.2 million.
We, the undersigned, do hereby consent.....

zak

Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:21 pm

what a self absorbed crevasse full of bovine fecal, now people call it eco friendly when they cant confess that they are just a slut?  Yeah sure
10=2

Rara

Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:04 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 16):

Well, the world does have an overpopulation problem, so she has somewhat of a point. Like most green fanatics, she takes it way too far, but the underlying logic is sound.

Absolutely. The woman herself may be a nutcase, who knows. I don't know her personally.

But the fact stands that humans are incredibly bad for the earth (unless you live by the assumption that a supernatural being created the world just for us to mess with). So not having children is an active contribution to a less damaged and polluted world.
Samson was a biblical tough guy, but his dad Samsonite was even more of a hard case.

Mir

Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:10 pm

Quoting Rara (Reply 23):
But the fact stands that humans are incredibly bad for the earth (unless you live by the assumption that a supernatural being created the world just for us to mess with).

Whoa there, Nellie! Humans are not bad for the Earth per se, just that the population as a whole has been increasing at a rate that is unsustainable.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

Rara

Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:36 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 24):

Whoa there, Nellie! Humans are not bad for the Earth per se, just that the population as a whole has been increasing at a rate that is unsustainable.

I'm not sure whether one can say that humans have to be bad for the earth. Yet empirically, one would have to conclude that, due to a lack of counter-examples. Whenever a culture on earth has learned to live in harmony with nature, not taking more than nature can give and not constantly increasing their numbers and their impact on the environment, these cultures have then stopped growing and have been swallowed by other, more aggressively growing civilizations. So I'd say yeah, from all we know humans are bad for the earth per se. Let's hope we can turn that trend around in the future.

[Edited 2007-11-25 14:36:51]
Samson was a biblical tough guy, but his dad Samsonite was even more of a hard case.

PlymSpotter

Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:46 pm

Essentially then, whilst humans themselves are not bad for the planet, the detrimental human actions which lead to anthropogenic changes are.

Quoting Zak (Reply 22):
what a self absorbed crevasse full of bovine fecal, now people call it eco friendly when they cant confess that they are just a slut?

I think that's taking it a step too far - just because you chose to have an operation to prevent pregnant does not meant that you are a slut. That's a very sweeping and I should think to many a very offensive generalisation!

Dan Smile
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

mbj-11

Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:55 am

Was that just a fancy way to make your abortion public and grab the headlines?
Jesus is the Christ and he alone saves

KSYR

Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:27 am

I can see the future headlines now- "OJ Says If He Killed His Wife, It Would Have Been For the Environment."

This lady is nuts.