miamix707

RE: UK Teacher Arrested For Allowing Teddy Mohammed

Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:40 am

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 66):
the man, mad about US politics, told his sons (age 12 or thelike) NOT to drink Pepsi Cola or Coca Cola

What a loonie, but that's pretty funny ME AVN thanks for posting! Link isn't working though (so maybe they went out of business already).

These guys should really be lashed:

MECCA-USA!!! clothing company. Not only are they using the "holy" mecca name but putting USA next to it..

INFIDELS!!!

LAXspotter

Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:44 am

Quoting MIAMIx707 (Reply 100):
MECCA-USA!!! clothing company.

and I actually used to like that Clothing Label.
"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" Samuel Johnson

copaair737

Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:22 am

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 93):
come over here and listen to TBN (Trinity Broadcasting Network), their langauge and contempt of anyone outside of their views is quite disgusting as well.

You're grasping for straws. TBN is the lunatic fringe of people.

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 93):
There are no major Muslims leaders.

What are Clerics, Ayatollahs, Imams, and Mullahs then? They seem to have quite a bit of pull.

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 98):
know for certain that the vast majority of Christians around the world are not in line with the views of those such as Pat Robertson or Jerry Falwell

Yet you spew things to the contrary on here a lot.
Livin' on Reds, Vitamin C, and Cocaine

LAXspotter

Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:26 am

Quoting Copaair737 (Reply 102):
TBN is the lunatic fringe of people.

not really, millions of people tune in to their shows, Televevangelists have huge followings.

Clerics, Ayatollahs, Imams, and Mullahs then? They

As I said there isnt a single person that speaks for all of Islam. If youre so damn interested check CAIR (Council of American Islamic Relations)

Yet you spew things to the contrary on here a lot.

you know how many people watch the 700 Club? Do you know how strong the Christian Coalitian was?

copaair737

Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:29 am

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 103):
you know how many people watch the 700 Club? Do you know how strong the Christian Coalitian was?

It's a vocal minority. Just like Al-Quaeda is a vocal minority in your Islamic world.

I'm not comparing the 700 Club viewers to Bin Laden, however its a comparison that there are loud minorities in both cultures.

LAXspotter

Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:34 am

Quoting Copaair737 (Reply 104):
I'm not comparing the 700 Club viewers to Bin Laden, however its a comparison that there are loud minorities in both cultures.

remember you once told me real Republicans were those like Goldwater, not like the ones who are pandering to the Christian Right, remember? TBN claims over five million households a week, and the 700 club is one of the most popular shows. If people think Fox is one-sided they havent seen Christian News on that network.

copaair737

Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:36 am

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 105):
remember you once told me real Republicans were those like Goldwater, not like the ones who are pandering to the Christian Right, remember?

Sure.

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 105):
TBN claims over five million households a week, and the 700 club is one of the most popular shows. If people think Fox is one-sided they havent seen Christian News on that network.

Why do you watch it?

LAXspotter

Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:41 am

Quoting Copaair737 (Reply 106):
Why do you watch it?

I want to see their points, simple. I dont agree with them, but I watch it, its unbearable but I do it.

copaair737

Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:44 am

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 107):

I want to see their points, simple. I dont agree with them, but I watch it, its unbearable but I do it.

Ever think that others might do the same thing?
Why do liberals watch Fox News?

You must be a glutton for punishment, watching these shows you "hate" and living in a country that you bitch about all the time.

LAXspotter

Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:50 am

Quoting Copaair737 (Reply 108):
You must be a glutton for punishment, watching these shows you "hate" and living in a country that you bitch about all the time.

there you go again labeling. I simply stated I "like" to watch it to see what they're saying and you just had to digress to a personal attack. Ofcourse I know that Conservatives watch CNN or NBC, but I watch the most right-wing show there is on the other hand I doubt too many Conservatives are lining up to get Al Jazeera hooked up, I highly doubt it.

miamix707

Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:17 am

Well I'm happy for her, at least she gets to go back to civilization

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 103):
not really, millions of people tune in to their shows, Televevangelists have huge followings.

You mean in India? Yes.

I have no idea how many watch TBN but the times I've watched it's beem more for amusement than for anything else. There are some preachers that are actually a plesure to listen to yet what usually comes out on TBN, Benny Hinn trying to sell something every 5 mins, etc and a few others make better comedy than anything else.

I can assure you most Christians in the US probably don't even like these tele preachers very much, but beeing a free country with free speech nobody tries to burn down TBN (unlike that religion where people will believe anything some nutjob Imam says). And like it's been said, comparing TBN preachers with the hate that comes out of the Islamic world is simply lame. Try harder.

So anyone know what happened to Muhamed (the bear). Did they burn it down? Or was he spared because he is now a holy bear?

LAXspotter

Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:19 am

Quoting MIAMIx707 (Reply 110):
There are some preachers that are actually a plesure to listen to yet what usually comes out on TBN

I wont disagree there, my favorite is Joel Osteen, and I'm not a Christian.

miamix707

Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:35 am

Quoting Copaair737 (Reply 108):

checkmark  so typical..

LAXspotter do you watch Glenn Beck? I know quite a few Democrats who watch that show and even like the guy (even though they disagree with him in most issues). I'm more of a conservative yet I think the show is getting annoying since there's always too much "illegal immigration" or "Islam against America" topics

miamix707

Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:40 am

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 111):
I wont disagree there, my favorite is Joel Osteen, and I'm not a Christian.

Yes I like him also. One of the few TV preachers that doesn't make me wanna flip the channel

UK_Dispatcher

Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:04 am

Quoting UK_Dispatcher (Reply 87):
I have nothing more to say. It is just f*****g pathetic.

Quoting Emirates773er (Reply 90):
Interesting that you would live in the middle east when you find it f******g pathetic, I would have packed my bags and long left.

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 89):
where exactly? What is so pathetic about Islam? I'm no believer but if you criticize a faith, might as well criticize all faiths because they all have their share of fanatics and idiots.

I should have said this case is pathetic.

Regarding religion, my views apply to all organised religions.

Quoting OA260 (Reply 80):
CORRECT!!!!! This time its Sudan , next will be Iran/Iraq/UAE/Qatar , we will see whats next . To be honest I have completely given up on trying to understand these stupid iron age actions. Like the woman raped in Saudi Arabia and she is the one who gets lashed and put in jail !!!!

In 2008 how can people still justify and argue that this is normal civilised behaviour???? Every normal educated human being should be totally condemning these actions .

You put it a lot better than I did last night when I was somewhat 'in drink'. Totally agree with you.

Quoting OA260 (Reply 99):
The person my heart goes out to is this teacher. Im sure she will have no problem finding a new job back in the UK.

I wouldn't be so sure actually. But good luck to her.

LAXspotter

Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:20 am

Quoting UK_Dispatcher (Reply 114):
Regarding religion, my views apply to all organised religions.

Well, I as an agnostic can see problems with any faith, as what it does it stops people from thinking for themselves.

Quoting MIAMIx707 (Reply 113):
One of the few TV preachers that doesn't make me wanna flip the channel

I like his overall message, and I'm more of an agnostic.

Quoting MIAMIx707 (Reply 112):
"Islam against America" topics

he asks some insulting questions, he once asked the only Muslim Representative in the House, Keith Ellison if he was "with the enemy", that is an insulting and prejudiced question. I might also like to point out that a lot of the media will try to point out how Islam is "invading" the country yet a large number of these people are citizens, and up to 35% of the followers are African-Americans. Infact Ellison's family can be dated back to the 1740's. Glenn beck comes across as arrogant sort of how conservatives might view Keith Olbermann.

ME AVN FAN

Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:05 am

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 75):
that isnt Sharia law

sure. It simply is simple administrative despotism of some authorities and one influential father mad about a European woman teaching his son . This is exactly what I find so bad about the matter. And would YOU like to try to convincing any female British teachers to accept an assignment to Khartoum right now ? I for sure would reject this job.
-

Quoting OA260 (Reply 83):
Well where are all these leaders of the Muslim world who are influential when you need them then???

-
Since the stepping down of the last Kaliph-Sultan Mohammed VI in 1924 and his departure to Malta, there has not been a multi-national Muslim authority. True, the Sheikh-al-Islam (Sheikh-al-Azhar) has some theological importance, but his religious authority, just as the one of all other national Top-Imams is restricted to his own country. Beside the point that the matter here is NOT about religion in reality. Whenever religion is used as an argument, it is simply administrative despotism of the most simple kind. I do NOT accept any religious motivation for some primitive village bullies.
-

Quoting JoKeR (Reply 95):
this poor teacher is being used as a scape goat by Sudan to show the British "this is for Darfur"...

-
I fear you got it exactly !
-

Quoting MIAMIx707 (Reply 100):
Link isn't working though (so maybe they went out of business already).

well possible, but his link is out of work half of the time, and so a typical Arab WEBsite, I am afraid -- sorry
-

There are no major Muslims leaders.

What are Clerics, Ayatollahs, Imams, and Mullahs then? They seem to have quite a bit of pull.

Never allow them to deceive you. They first of all are limited to their country, and second are either appointed or tolerated by their governments. Exceptions are Saudi Arabia and Iran, where the clerics are tolerating those in government. But whatever show they pull up, they are irrelevant pomposers
-

JoKeR
Topic Author

RE: UK Teacher Arrested For Allowing Teddy Mohamme

Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:56 pm

Major protest in downtown Khartoum...

... massed in central Martyrs Square, outside the presidential palace, where hundreds of riot police were deployed, although they did not try to stop the rally.

"Shame, shame on the U.K.," protesters chanted.

They called for Gibbons' execution, saying, "No tolerance: Execution," and "Kill her, kill her by firing squad."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071130/ap_on_re_af/sudan_british_teacher

UK_Dispatcher

Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:12 pm

Quoting JoKeR (Reply 117):

... massed in central Martyrs Square, outside the presidential palace, where hundreds of riot police were deployed, although they did not try to stop the rally.

"Shame, shame on the U.K.," protesters chanted.

They called for Gibbons' execution, saying, "No tolerance: Execution," and "Kill her, kill her by firing squad."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071130/...acher

The peaceful, tolerant religion shown in its true colours once again.

OA260

Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:22 pm

Quoting UK_Dispatcher (Reply 118):
central Martyrs Square,

I really hate this word ''Martyrs'' !!!! And the way its used....

In my eyes a ''Martyr'' is the guys who tried to regain control of Flight 93 and the little child Yousef who had petrol poured on him and set alight !!!

L-188

Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:41 pm

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 115):
and up to 35% of the followers are African-Americans.

I think it bears mentioning that there is that weird "Nation of Islam" subset that Louis Farrakan runs, that isn't really comparable to mid-eastern islam. I think they account for a fair amount of that percentage.

Quoting JoKeR (Reply 117):

I have fears about the Sudanese being able to protect her from those crowds, they where estimated at 10K people.

Quoting UK_Dispatcher (Reply 118):
The peaceful, tolerant religion shown in its true colours once again.

I wish people would stop calling Islam that, especially GW.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

mirrodie

Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:46 pm

Ir ead this elsewhere:

"Gibbons had one of her 7-year-old students bring in a teddy bear, then asked the class to name it and they chose the name Muhammad, a common name among Muslim men"

You know, I try to understand other religions and what not, but somehow this incident is leaving us less than warm and fuzzy about Islam in its extreme.
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

Gman94

Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:04 pm

This is getting ridiculous, far to many followers of Islam are backwards and intolerant of anything, this protest has obviously been whipped up by the fanatical Imam's in Mosque's in Sudan and they probably didn't tell their sheeple the truth about what happened, just made it out to be the usual Western BS conspiracy against Islam. We should send HMS Triumph and Trafalgar to the Red Sea and tell the Sudanese authorities that if anything happens to Gillian Gibbons that a few of our Cruise missiles will be landing in Khartoum.
British Airways - The Way To Fly

aloges

Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:19 pm

This just to counter the ridiculous insinuations that all Muslims are violent barbarians clamouring for the killing of "infidels": http://www.mcb.org.uk/media/presstext.php?ann_id=277

Quote:
28 Nov 2007

MCB Appalled At Sudanese Decision to Charge Gillian Gibbons

The Muslim Council of Britain is appalled at the decision of the Sudanese authorities to charge the British schoolteacher, Gillian Gibbons, for allegedly 'insulting religion'.

"This is a disgraceful decision and defies common sense. There was clearly no intention on the part of the teacher to deliberately insult the Islamic faith. The children in Ms Gibbons' class and their parents have all testified as to her innocence in this matter. We call upon the Sudanese President, Umar al-Bashir, to intervene in this case without delay to ensure that Ms Gibbons is freed from this quite shameful ordeal," said Dr Muhammad Abdul Bari, Secretary-General of the Muslim Council of Britain.

For further information please contact the MCB:
The Muslim Council of Britain,
PO Box 57330,
London,
E1 2WJ
Tel: 0845 26 26 786
Fax: 0207 247 7079
[email protected]

and http://www.mcb.org.uk/media/presstext.php?ann_id=279

Quote:
29 Nov 2007

Gross Overreaction from Sudanese Authorities

The Muslim Council of Britain deeply regrets the decision of the Sudanese authorities to jail the schoolteacher Gillian Gibbons over the naming of a teddy bear.

"This case should have required only simple common sense to resolve. It is unfortunate that the Sudanese authorities were found wanting in this most basic of qualities. They grossly overreacted in this sad affair and this episode. Gillian should never have been arrested, let alone charged and convicted of committing a crime. We hope that Gillian will be able to return home without much further delay," said Dr Muhammad Abdul Bari, Secretary-General of the Muslim Council of Britain.

For further information please contact the MCB:
The Muslim Council of Britain,
PO Box 57330,
London,
E1 2WJ
Tel: 0845 26 26 786
Fax: 0207 247 7079
[email protected]

edit: not directed at any pos or poster in this thread in particular

And then, I fully agree with the MCB on this issue... which I daresay is a given.

[Edited 2007-11-30 07:37:07]
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

baroque

Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:28 pm

Quoting MIAMIx707 (Reply 22):
IMO this sounds like some kind of exaggeration since this "news" happened n Indonesia of all places, a country where christians are often persecuted.

You will have to remind me MIAMIx707, apparently the persecutions I have received in Indonesia were so severe that I have clean forgotten them. Not that I am actually Christian, but being from a Western country and having a longish nose and a rather pale skin, luckily most Indonesians probably think I am a Christian rather than that other more dreadful option.

Quoting Mandala499 (Reply 24):
An interesting thought came up though... Has there ever been a teddy bear named Jesus? If there was, then Sudan needs to know.

I cannot recall one, but that most famous and genial of teddy bears Pooh Bear did have as his dear friend a certain Christopher, so that is getting close. Mind you even worse, Pooh's great friend was a - Piglet (shock horror!).

It is all enough to make you go off to a gloomy place and join Eeyore eating thistles.  Wow!  Big grin

[Edited 2007-11-30 07:30:02]

cfalk

Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:30 pm

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 98):
There are millions of Christians who tune in to their shows, just look at the ratings of the 700 Club hosted by Pat Robertson. This is no a generalization but an actual fact. I know for certain that the vast majority of Christians around the world are not in line with the views of those such as Pat Robertson or Jerry Falwell.

You're grasping for straws. TBN is the lunatic fringe of people.

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 89):
where exactly? What is so pathetic about Islam? I'm no believer but if you criticize a faith, might as well criticize all faiths because they all have their share of fanatics and idiots.

No, you can't.

Do you see Christians running around blowing people up for Jesus? No.

Do you see Buddhists and Taoists sawing off people's heads for Lord Buddha?

Do you see Shintoists, Jews, or any other religions killing people because their religion tells them to do it?

Nope. Islam is the only one.
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

Gman94

Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:30 pm

I never said all Muslims I only said far too many and refered to the Sudan. Most Muslim's in the UK fortunately do have common sense unfortunately too many followers of Islam particularly in the Middle East and Africa are brainwashed by their religion and blindly follow the nonsense spewed by the over zealous Imam's. It's about time we stopped making excuses for these nutjobs.
British Airways - The Way To Fly

RJAF

Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:02 pm

Its very simple..WWIII will be between the civilzed world and radical Islam.
Chance favors the prepared mind

GDB

Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:05 pm

Should we really be surprised, it's far easier to get people riled up about nothing if much of the audience is barely educated.
Look where the worst disturbances over the cartoons happened (not the real Danish one, but the ones some Mullah slumming it in the infidel toilet of Denmark did, passing them off as originals, his being suitably more lurid), then consider where are they in international rankings for education, development etc. Going backwards all too often.
Of course that's also the fault of America/The West/Israel too!

This suits their rulers, either nationally, or at the Mosque.
'Not our fault how you have to live, it's the Christan's, Jews, or what other Muslim sect we don't like, America did 9/11, Elders Of Zion etc.........'

MW AVN FAN can try to sprinkle fairly dust on Sudan, fact is it's one of the world's most repressive regimes, (including Darfur, the one the apologists don't like to mention), with a long reputation of encouraging and harbouring extremists.

cfalk

Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:06 pm

Getting back to the subject in question, the AP reports that lynch mobs are now in Sudan demanding the death of this teacher. She might not live to go back to England.

http://www.journalgazette.net/apps/p...icle?AID=/20071130/NEWS04/71130003

Of course the demonstrations started as soon as they came out of Friday prayers at the mosque. Religion of Peace, my ass...

Quote:
The protesters streamed out of mosques after Friday sermons, as pickup trucks with loudspeakers blared messages against Gillian Gibbons, the teacher who was sentenced Thursday to 15 days in prison and deportation. She avoided the more serious punishment of 40 lashes.

They massed in central Martyrs Square, outside the presidential palace, where hundreds of riot police were deployed. They did not attempt to stop the rally.

“Shame, shame on the U.K.,” protesters chanted.

They called for Gibbons’ execution, saying, “No tolerance: Execution,” and “Kill her, kill her by firing squad.”

ME AVN FAN

Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:25 pm

Quoting L-188 (Reply 120):
the Sudanese being able to protect her from those crowds, they where estimated at 10K people.

you canNOT launch a demonstration of FIVE persons without the "approval" of General Bashir.
-

Quoting Mirrodie (Reply 121):
to understand other religions and what not, but somehow this incident is leaving us less than warm

whether you understand other religions or not does not matter. The thing on here simply is the despotic regime of General Bashir, with all forms of administrative despotism at work
-

Quoting GDB (Reply 128):
can try to sprinkle fairly dust on Sudan, fact is it's one of the world's most repressive regimes

-
I have mentioned the administrative despotism several times above. That General Bashir is despotic is beyond discussion. The "dust" is in your eyes only, but has nothing to do with me. And if YOU believe General Bashire and his henchmen to be religious then you however are in an error.
-

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 129):
the demonstrations started as soon as they came out of Friday prayers at the mosque.

Sorry , but do you really believe in the "Volkszorn" ? Do you really believe the "spontaneous" thing ? Do you really believe that this demonstration simply resulted from some "religious" considerations ? do you really believe that a cleric in Khartoum is free to launch a demonstration on his whim ?
-
-
GDB : including Darfur
-
what is wrong about your phrase ? simple, Darfur is neither the reason nor a revealing sign, it is a result of the nature of that regime. General Bashir has sent out the Mahdi, he has driven the fundamentalist clerics out of the government and he has sent out Osama Bin Ladn, and he has brought about some economic progress, BUT he is a despotic ruler nevertheless.

[Edited 2007-11-30 08:35:56]

GDB

Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:36 pm

Oh I think Sudans's ruler is a man of faith as much as Bin Laden would be prepared to strap on a suicide belt himself.
It's all about control, it starts with one gender on another, one sect on another, one tribe on another and so on.
Islamist means a particular political version of that faith.

I don't think all those mobs were stooges, who needs stooges when the local Imam has fired them all up, like all dictators, this goon is only against anyone protesting against him.

slider

Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:49 pm

Quoting Legoguy (Reply 73):
The teacher is to be jailed for 15 days and then deported

Deportation? LOL! Open the jail door and she's gone-o on her own volition!

Quoting Scbriml (Reply 91):
At least the Muslim Council of Britain outright condemned Sudan over this affair
http://www.mcb.org.uk/article_detail...t-691

Well, miracles never cease....someone from inside Islam condemned something? Oooohhh....

Quoting Copaair737 (Reply 104):

Except the loud Christian ones aren't blowing shit up, killing people, rioting for no reason, etc.

Just a Friday funny to interject so we can laugh...

cfalk

Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:52 pm

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 130):
Do you really believe the "spontaneous" thing ?

Nope

Do you really believe that this demonstration simply resulted from some "religious" considerations ?

Yes. Demonstrations of hatred and intolerance after Friday Prayers have been a fixture of recent history.

do you really believe that a cleric in Khartoum is free to launch a demonstration on his whim ?

Why not? You think the government would dare do anything about it?

ME AVN FAN

Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:58 pm

Quoting GDB (Reply 131):
I think Sudans's ruler is a man of faith as much as

as much as Stalin, true
-

Quoting GDB (Reply 131):
the local Imam has

do you imply that "the local Imam" is free to fire up somebody without assent from above ??
-

Quoting Slider (Reply 132):
miracles never cease....someone from inside Islam condemned something

-
I fail to see what there is miraculous about it
-

ME AVN FAN

Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:09 pm

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 133):
Do you really believe that this demonstration simply resulted from some "religious" considerations ?

Yes. Demonstrations of hatred and intolerance after Friday Prayers have been a fixture of recent history.

In this case I am perfectly sure that it not only was approved by the top but arranged and orchestrated by General Bashir himself. Looks as if he wants to make sure that no Western Female Teachers are sent again in future.
-

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 133):
do you really believe that a cleric in Khartoum is free to launch a demonstration on his whim ?

Why not? You think the government would dare do anything about it?

demonstrations are prohibited in Khartoum. Any demonstration can only be launched with at least an approval from the presidency. Any non-approved demonstration would be terminated within minutes.
-

Thomson735

Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:15 pm

I really dont understand how a a bear being called Mohhammad can be that offensive to people, although i didnt see how drawings could be either... but then again i guess its the type we are dealing with

OA260

Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:46 pm

Quoting Mirrodie (Reply 121):
You know, I try to understand other religions and what not, but somehow this incident is leaving us less than warm and fuzzy about Islam in its extreme.

I feel the same !!! Its brining out emotions in me that I thought I didnt have and views i never thought I would think .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7121025.stm

According to some agencies, some of the protesters chanted: "Shame, shame on the UK", "No tolerance - execution" and "Kill her, kill her by firing squad".

Why didnt the Sudanese government arrest these people who were chanting hatred towards a good Christian woman???
I think we all know the answer already !!!

EA CO AS

Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:48 pm

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 75):
you stated that Muslims are outraged at everything, which is a generalization of 1.5 Billion people based on the actions of a few sudanese government officials.

A few, a few thousand, whatever.   

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22039372/

KHARTOUM, Sudan - Thousands of Sudanese, many armed with clubs and knives, protested Friday outside the presidential palace in Khartoum, demanding the execution of a British teacher convicted of insulting Islam for allowing her students to name a teddy bear Muhammad.

In response to the demonstration, teacher Gillian Gibbons was moved from the women’s prison near Khartoum to a secret location for her safety, her lawyer said.

Sorry, but it's far easier to generalize and stereotype when THOUSANDS OF LIKE-MINDED INDIVIDUALS show up to confirm those stereotypes and generalizations.

[Edited 2007-11-30 11:06:01]
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

Thomson735

Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:48 pm

well i actually find the protesting along with many muslim protests very offensive, but i am not a muslim, i am not a islamic follower so i guess it doesnt matter

Why people continue to help these holes i really do not know, just leave them to rot i say

OA260

Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:55 pm

Quoting Thomson735 (Reply 139):
Why people continue to help these holes i really do not know, just leave them to rot i say

checkmark   checkmark  You have taken the words out of my mouth !! Next time there is a natural disaster let them sort themselves out . The only thing is that Western nations are too soft and we will all club together as we are decent people who dont like to see anyone suffer!!!

Teddy Teacher Moved For Her Own Safety
Updated:17:58, Friday November 30, 2007

The British teacher jailed in Sudan for insulting Islam by allowing her class to name a teddy bear Mohammed has been moved to a secret location for her own safety.

Protesters burn a picture of Gillian GibbonsThe step was taken after thousands of protesters - some with weapons - gathered outside the presidential palace in Khartoum to demand a harsher sentence.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-1295080,00.html

wingnut767

Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:00 pm

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 125):
No, you can't.

Do you see Christians running around blowing people up for Jesus? No.

Do you see Buddhists and Taoists sawing off people's heads for Lord Buddha?

Do you see Shintoists, Jews, or any other religions killing people because their religion tells them to do it?

Nope. Islam is the only one.

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 129):
Of course the demonstrations started as soon as they came out of Friday prayers at the mosque. Religion of Peace, my ass...

Bingo
Yakum purkan min shmaya

ME AVN FAN

Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:12 pm

Quoting OA260 (Reply 137):
"Shame, shame on the UK"

-
so that it in fact simply was a CONTRA-Britain demonstration, with that teacher as the scapegoat

Why didnt the Sudanese government arrest these people who were chanting

because this government had organised the whole commotion
-

jmc1975

Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:25 pm

According to some agencies, some of the protesters chanted: "Shame, shame on the UK", "No tolerance - execution" and "Kill her, kill her by firing squad".

Again, the only thing to put things in perspective for these animals would be to line up their mothers, wives and daughters in public view, take off their birkas, strip them naked, start firing away at loading them with holes until they get a clue that their beliefs are very very twisted.

ME AVN FAN

Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:37 pm

Quoting Jmc1975 (Reply 143):
their beliefs

-
oooops, sorry, you think about "their beliiiieeefs" ? I think that "their beliefs" is a few Sudanese Pounds paid to them by some government agents after the rally when they get carried home.

cfalk

Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:32 pm

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 142):
so that it in fact simply was a CONTRA-Britain demonstration, with that teacher as the scapegoat

Jeez, man, you are spinning out of control.

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 144):
oooops, sorry, you think about "their beliiiieeefs" ? I think that "their beliefs" is a few Sudanese Pounds paid to them by some government agents after the rally when they get carried home.

Are you saying that these demonstrations have nothing to do with Islam? Then why are the same sort of hateful demonstrations happening in Indonesia, Pakistan and dozens of other countries where the government has no desire for this sort of thing.

Radical Islam is becoming the Naziism of the 21st century.

slider

Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:40 pm

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 145):

And we are surrounded by Neville Chamberlains, unfortunately.

Thomson735

Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:45 pm

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 145):

Wow that is the best comment i have herd in ages, truly correct the country i live in is full of this and i have had enough of it, maybe one day it will be gone

huskyaviation

Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:18 pm

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 135):
In this case I am perfectly sure that it not only was approved by the top but arranged and orchestrated by General Bashir himself. Looks as if he wants to make sure that no Western Female Teachers are sent again in future.

Rubbish. If General Bashir is as "administratively despotic" (WTF that means, I have no idea) as you claim, then he wouldn't need to create an international furor over one teacher in an embarrassingly stupid incident that makes his country look plain foolish. He would have simply (and much more quietly I imagine) banned western female teachers from continuing to enter the country.

He may have influenced the size of the crowd, but that doesn't change the fact that the crowd truly believed the crap they were spewing, which I have no doubt that they did.

Jamie757

Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:19 am

I'm absolutely lost for words.

Rgds.
"I feel like a turkey who's just caught Bernard Matthews grinning at him!"